Age of Wonders thread IV

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Postby Phrozen » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:23 pm

Well, it helps when they leave LIP with the tab. The bar tab by itself could probably equal the GDP of some countries.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Phrozen wrote:Well, it helps when they leave LIP with the tab. The bar tab by itself could probably equal the GDP of some countries.

Ah yes, but the friendships formed by these get togethers will come in handy anytime they need to get a large group of superheroes together quickly. Or, y'know, when the Steel Dragon Six interrupts the dinner. :lol:

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:42 am

It's rather amusing (to me at least) the Titans are actually fairly lacking in treachery.

If I had to guess the reason that this should be the case, I'd say it's likely due to the fact that The Titans are a FAMILY (and one much reduced by losses in their predation upon sentient life), with the close albeit not always congenial bonds of interpersonal attachment one might expect to find - not to mention with the most enormous smorgasbord in the form of Creation across which they can reasonably expect to sustain themselves indefinitely.

Hence why - for instance - TYRANNUS' disagreements with his kin ended with him simply setting out on his own, rather than seeking to overthrow Elder Brother Omnicide so that he might seek to steer his kinfolk like a ship of state.

The End, The Nine Lords of Death and the Knights of the Abyss et al are a COMPANY on the other hand, an assortment of individuals from astonishingly-varied backgrounds who share very little except a driving goal and a common employer - an employer with a goal in mind that gives it very little reason to worry should one of these underlings destroy one of their Bold Companions - more to the point the very nature of the goal towards which these omnicidal monsters are working their way means that they will naturally find themselves competing for an ever-decreasing pool of goodies (manpower and other resources or targets if you prefer); in short what I mean to say is that while Titans regard one another as family and pack-predators, underlings of The End see one another as dangerous competition who will have to be eliminated in any case.

One suspects that at least one or more of the four deceased Knights of the Abyss perished when they or a rival though "Why not let today be the day when I become Last Knight Standing?"

By the way Charles, if I may be so bold as to ask, might I please enquire as to whether you have any basic concepts for the four deceased Knights of the Abyss? (I'm experiencing a good deal of curiosity concerning what it takes to remove such mighty gamesters from the playing field).

It's just the End is immortal and he's the only one who benefits.

So long as the loathsome wretch is not INVULNERABLE we should be all right after The End is wrapped up.

To briefly misuse Warhammer 40K terminology which is COMPLETELY inappropriate because they're not Space Marines, honest *shifty eyes* *looks over his shoulder for Black Library agents*

Very true, they are in fact 'espatiers martial' but since only pedants used that term even in the Cosmos of E-000, they tend to be known as Abritrators or more commonly "Sudden Death" or "Our Heroes" by their allies or most commonly of all "Aaaaaargh-urk" by their enemies.

The fifty of them being planet-killing engines of destruction.

To continue misappropriating WH40K terminology - and has anyone else received mental images of E-000 as basically Warhammer 40 000 co-created by Master Jack Kirby? - my mental image of The Black Arbitrators is as effectively The Deathwatch, having been relieved of every legitimisation of their xenocidal violence and violent xenocide (that is something of a scratch company created by bringing together the very best alien-hunters from the highly disparate traditions that have sprung up across the length and breadth of The Galaxy).

However, while not a Primarch, the Arbitrator was a CHAPTER-HEAD in Earth-000.

For some reason I see him as having had a career EXACTLY as interesting as you'd expect to see in a Hero picked out as being both Bad--- and Brilliant enough to lead a whole hall-full of similarly-impressive heroes; for some reason I'm quite fond of the idea that his nickname back in his days as Chapter Master was 'The Negotiator' - perhaps as a result of this, I like to amuse myself by imagining that he's one of the more generally-agreeable members of The OUTRAGEOUS Order because he has long since become a master of putting personal differences aside for the common good and always has been more phlegmatic than anything.

He's still prone to be zealously religious, properly-paranoid, RUTHLESS, violent and xenophobic, but he's also surprisingly serene, well-read, diligently-devoted to the niceties of civilisation when not campaigning to tear civilisations to pieces and possessed of the protective instincts of a pack-sire wolf; he truly is The Obi Wan of the Adeptus Astartes (or a reasonably-similar substitute).

Not a big Chapter but a Blood Ravens sort of thing that make the Black Arbitrators fully capable of killing their old heretical comrade but not without PAUSE.

The irony is that he sees THEIR behaviour as heretical; they've had some interesting arguments and each has a valid point (by their own curious standards). The Black Arbitrators simply prioritise "Kill Xenos" where THE Arbitrator prioritises "Protect Humanity" and you can bet that their periodic attempts to eliminate one another have been peppered by periodic outbursts of doctrinal debate, as with most religious schisms.

By the way, I was thinking that this might be a good model for The Arbitrator's chapter (while there are chapters I like MUCH better than The Black Templars, in the end the choice came down to either them or the Dark Angels because both epitomise WH40K in a way few others do); given that I wanted him to wear white plate, the choice became much easier when you mentioned him as Master of a relatively minor chapter.

Of course he tends to wear a brown robe over his white plate or when not wearing his power armour (just to keep up the sly references to Master Obi-Wan).

In any case, while he understands tactical retreat, he also is not afraid to die and his death would be a small price to pay to eliminate this stain on Arbiter honour.

The Arbitrator does not exactly see The Black Cohort as a stain on the honour of his fellows, simply as lost, misguided and rather horribly dangerous as a result; The Skull-Eaters, on the other hand, ARE a stain on the memory of The Angels of Death and will be offered the Emperor's Peace accordingly.

"FOR THE EMPEROR!"

I still think that this is FOR THE EMPEROR! set to music (I may be wrong, but doubt it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG42F-5AVOE

8)

(That's pretty far from where I started and I'll have to edit his entry)

Not really, it's just an expansion on what has come before; he's still an earnest, optimistic hero IN SPACE who just got stick of seeking out New Worlds and putting up with the New Civilisations he found there (probably at around the point they started looking more like something out of 40K than Hard Science Fiction).

When, in fact, Mister Nihilist is trading mass murder and raw materials for leftover material made by his fabricators.

So in other words he's selling relics for Raw Gold and diversion in the challenges Dreadstar brings before him.

the Pantheon of the Dark Aeons and their elven soldiers

I really am going to have to take a trip to Middle-Zoth some day, so that I can give those annoyingly-attractive pointy-eared peoples a chance to be something more than EVIL or Pratchett-esque.

My mental image of Middle-Zoth Elves is that they were pretty much classic Elves according to Professor Tolkien - although this can mean Feanor as well as Galadriel - possibly created as part of a project involving Concordian efforts to work around Aeon sterility, before the Pax-Concordians started trying to 'play' with them and found their attempts rejected so successfully that every generation of their worshippers since that day has been taught to reject the Fair Folk as an article of Faith (with understandable but tragic results the rule, rather than the exception).

Just a thought and perhaps the beginnings of something better-written.

The Arbitrator: Emperor-worship (actually rather rare for Arbitrators)

Amusingly The Arbitrator is fairly cosmopolitan, if overzealous when it comes to religion (it was a BIG Galaxy), except when your chosen object of veneration is about to devour his person, sanity or soul or at least about to TRY (he still chants the appropriate Litany for every occasion, even when acting as Tactical Officer on the bridge of the Daedalus; amusingly some of the crew have taken to humming along at this point).

Justicar-Zero: Materialist Atheist (one almost thinks it's to irritate Squirrel God)

I don't think he's that petty, he's just that STUBBORN (and then some; he and Vimes would make great buddy-comedy material if it weren't for the fact that neither of them are talkative enough).

"Do you believe in the gods?"
"Someone is out to get us."
"I see."
"Quick, burn a candle to Pelor for some extra help against the undead!"

<Candle gutters and only works on those members of the party NOT mentally-sneering at The Shining One: The Arbitrator, unamused, grabs the candle and begins roaring out an extemporised catechism beginning:->

"From leeches, from lurches, from the unquiet dead GOD OF SOLAR FLAME DELIVER US ... "

<which goes on to be incredibly-offensive to any non-Evil aligned undead in the vicinity; since there are none but a mighty power of corpses reanimated by Utter EVIL, nobody objects - The Candle in question somehow turns into a one-shot HOLY FLAMETHROWER.>

Mr Cosmic: "So THIS is what it's like to adventure with a Paladin, maybe we should have let Pacifica have that pet she always wanted."

Mrs Cosmic: <small grimace in place of a smile, haunted eyes.>

His extended longevity was attributed to being "three-quarters god" and some believe he may have actually traveled through time to become the Emperor of Earth-000 or Gilgamesh.

For some reason I keep imagining the E-617 analogue of KHAN as basically a much-younger but equally ambitious Emperor of Mankind, doomed in this Universe to become an Anti-Villain for all eternity (if only because I would like to imagine that E-617 has been and always shall be the sort of place that reduces Mister Carnae to a forced grin, when obliged to recall all those years of Big Promises and small delivery upon them ... it was like being a REAL politician - rather than a warlord who had to shoot his way into power OVER EARTH ALONE and rely on Transplants from other realities, because the local sentient malefactors only seem to come in 'Anti-Villain' for the most part GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!).
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:03 am

I again would like to point out that the natives of Earth-000 didn't really have a genocidal pro-human bias in general. Just towards Titans, Daemonites, Zero-Which-Minuses, and the Devouring Horde.

Non-human civilizations were rather drafted into the war against the universe-threatening armies instead of being exterminated by humans.

Also, The Arbitrator's home of Earth-000 was a world that was as much Gears of War as Warhammer 40K so he doesn't even UNDERSTAND oppression since the small and weak both fight for survival as well*.

(*Truely, being amongst the small and weak in Earth-000 must have been something of a misonomer.)
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:35 am

You are right to correct me Voltron, although I would be ASTONISHED if The Arbitrator's reaction to a species with which he was not familiar were anything but Paranoid - albeit not necessarily one of unthinking paranoia.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:43 am

Libra wrote:You are right to correct me Voltron, although I would be ASTONISHED if The Arbitrator's reaction to a species with which he was not familiar were anything but Paranoid - albeit not necessarily one of unthinking paranoia.

Typically just an raised eyebrow than whipping out his gyroc submachine gun. :roll:

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:51 am

He will, of course, simultaneously be planning out the tactics and strategies most appropriate should the situation go as badly as he expects it to - and be not unpleasantly surprised should it actually go Warped.

He will still be PLEASANTLY surprised should things go as well as Brother-Captain Carpenter assumes, however.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:27 am

Earth-000's Homeworld

Earth-000's capital planet of Terra Prime disappeared quite suddenly at some point during the last days of their Empire and the final destruction of all life. No one knows where the Emperor or Terra's trillion+ citizens went but they were spared devouring at the hands of monsters. Theories range from the Emperor finally dying and ascending to become a High Aeon or the planet getting sucked into another dimension.

Re: Earth-000 Survivors

There's perhaps still some colonial worlds where life continues for humanity but the Empire, itself, has since collapsed. These colonials would do best to flee from the hellish universe and find themselves a better home in a less inhospitable reality. Earth-000 is now a home to Swarm Kings, galaxies open directly to the Titanverse, and other things which make it a complete loss.

Earth-000 humans and genocide

The humans of Earth-000 are also not so much genocidal either but it's splitting hairs when dealing with so many mutated species and monstrosities like the Titans. In the case of so many races being like the Daleks or Cybermen, atrocities happened. The fact is, though, the God Emperor of Mankind was NOT interested in genocide and made the choice not to eradicate all religion or aliens like his Warhammer 40K counterpart. Sadly, it didn't save them in the end. It did, however, allow them to die with their dignity. In the grimdark future, people had more than war.

The Black Arbitrators Morality

The Black Arbitrators, it should be noted, and the Arbitrator were originally possessed of a good deal of respect but their increasing rift has grown more and more biter despite the similarity of their beliefs. The Arbitrator considers the Empire to have to perished and, ironically, is not interested in rebuilding it. He considers the siege mentality they allowed themselves to be reduced to, to have been a mistake. The Black Arbitrators, by contrast, are attempting to restore their ancient Empire and have no objection to any methods to do so from "Mind-Collars" to mass enforced conscription of work forces.

To the Arbitrator, their choice of actions is not that dissimilar to what they did on Earth-000 but the difference being as INSANE as the measures were, they were agreed upon and shared by the public at large. Humanity willingly submitted to the horrors in hopes of survival and were, if not happy, content to do so. As a result, the Arbitrator considers them to have no authority over other races of humanity. It doesn't help the Black Arbitrators believe they can "re-educate" a group of human beings that have recently lost their homeworld into being better--ruling over them by virtue of their genetic superiority. Yes, the Black Arbitrators have already conquered several SOVIUS worlds which they have started reshaping into the seeds for a new Empire.

Re: Dominatia

Dominatia is presently recovering from her terrifying freak-out on Sovius Prime (destroying said planet) and is being cared upon on "New Terra." The Black Arbitrators have provided her a tower and all manner of books as well as technology to help her regulate her drastically enhanced powers (spending 2000+ years in the Nexus will MESS your powers up). As a result, she's gone from PL X to PL 12. They've mercifully wiped her memory of this sanity blasting experience and she's now a mere 17 year old girl again.

She doesn't realize they're looking to make her an Empress.
Last edited by Charles Phipps on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:37 am

Charles Phipps wrote:Earth-000 disappeared quite suddenly at some point during the last days of their Empire and the final destruction of all life.

There's perhaps still some colonial worlds where life continues for humanity but the Empire, itself, has since collapsed. These colonials would do best to flee from the hellish universe and find themselves a better home in a less inhospitable reality. Earth-000 is now a home to Swarm Kings, galaxies open directly to the Titanverse, and other things which make it a complete loss.

The humans of Earth-000 are also not so much genocidal either as it's splitting hairs when dealing with so many mutated species and monstroscities like the Titans. In the case of so many races being like the Daleks or Cybermen, atrocities happened. The fact is, though, the God Emperor of Mankind was NOT interested in genocide and made the choice not to eradicate all religion or aliens like his Warhammer 40K counterpart. Sadly, it didn't save them in the end.

It did, however, allow them to die with their dignity. In the grimdark future, people had more than war.

They went out valorously, not as a race who ended up needing to put out of its own misery after all the horrors it both suffered and committed. No, such a people would not be worth even licking the boots of those of Earth-000.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:43 am

Voltron64 wrote:They went out valorously, not as a race who ended up needing to put out of its own misery after all the horrors it both suffered and committed. No, such a people would not be worth even licking the boots of those of Earth-000.

Indeed.

Updated the post above.

Working on fixing the index now.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:36 pm

Charles, you do realize you're going to have to give us more information about the world of Steampunk Aztecs, don't you?

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Charles, does the Arbitrator actually have a real name?

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Dominatia

PL: X

Earth-632 was always an example of how not to pursue a path of peaceful brotherhood and good will. The homeworld of the Sovius was one of the most violent, xenophobic, and hateful planets to still have a history roughly paralleling Earth-0's own. The cruelty and causal violence of the planet was enhanced by The Stone which served as the bedrock of all empires on said world.
The Stone, being a creation of the End, rested in the crown of the Roman Emperors before moving to the Chinese then to the British and finally unto the Americans.

In its closest historical counterpart, the corporate forces of America seized control and created Earth-92 while a Titan warped everything else into Earth-Greenworld. In this reality, Earth's damnation came at the hands of President Pendleton who created the Church of America based around his particular views of National Exceptionalism.

The revivalism of the faith also bore a sharp similarity to another cross-universal cult that, of course, no one on Earth-632 knew about.

The Church of America was a nice remedy for the Great Depression, offering an exceptional white-power treatise that was flexible when it needed to be in order to provide the necessary troops and support to take over everyone's enemies. World War 2 came about with President Pendleton allying with the Reverend Hitler and Grand Marshal Petain who adhered to their own national variants. Under this, all of Europe fell under their power with only Joseph Stalin and his new Chinese allies able to stand against them.

By the end of the 1940s, the world was neatly divided between Joseph Stalin and President Pendleton's supremely vile philosophies. Both figures would have collapsed, really, if not for the fact President Pendleton and "Uncle Joe" had the beneficiaries of advanced Diesalpunk technology provided for them by Warmonger and The Nationalist during the early years of their blackballing crimes against the CCG. Africa, South America, Australia, and Lemuria were brutally strip-mined while the two sides fought all manner of proxy wars designed to eradicate any resistance to them.

It was 1948 that Columbia, Daughter of the President's alternate self with the mysterious Red Jade, stumbled wher way into the world amnesiac from her home dimension. A girl of mixed descent, her psychic powers managed to repeatedly defeat the President's Nexus-catching squads and allowed her to rally a small group of Free Nexus at the base of the half-destroyed Statue of Liberty.

Columbia, notable for a Disney-Princess wide-eyed idealism, excellent singing voice, Friendship to all living things, and being a TERRIFIED tap-dancer, attempted to spread a message of universal brotherhood based around resistance to Pendleton's evil. The National Pledge consisted of herself, The Detective, The Randian (sort of the odd man out), Equality and Fraternity, The Singularity, The Repairman (identical in all ways to the original but costume), plus Liberty's Shadow.

Fighting for a world which hated and feared them, they fought a valiant resistance against President Pendleton and Stalin. In the end, however, their resistance was crushed with the mass-murder of their fellows on the edge of victory. President Pendleton preferred to murder everyone versus submit to a world where his values were ignored. Worse, he managed to capture Columbia and downloaded the memories of his insane daughter into her head

Thus, Dominatia was born.

The world was a brutal wreckage by the end of the conflict in 1999, gigantic 20ft tall diesel-powered robots moving through the cities of the world eradicating and destroying anyone with "improper bloodlines", homosexuals, socialists, or people who rebelled against Pendleton's idealogy. The situation in the former Soviet Union was marginally better, though not much, so The Singularity attempted to alter time in order to fix things.

As the Singularity's powers were related to time-travel, this wasn't hard but the changes he made did not actually make things better. Pendleton survived every single change he made or was martyred and his values infected everything. Worse, the changes wrought by the Singularity caused Joseph Stalin and Pendleton to make a compact which combined their nations. Despite the insanity of it, Pendleton's secular atheist Church made as much inroads as otherwise.

This is due to the fact Pendleton was actually a paradoxial being himself. A time-jumping demigod who was using the Stone to mind-control the masses versus being a figure that was actually persuading them. The broken insanity of Earth-632's inhabitants was as much due to the fact they were puppets as the horrors they espoused.

In the end, the Singularity created The Sovius Empire. Worse, all he'd done was imprison the actual Columbia inside the space-between-times. A place where Pendleton could harvest her massive psychic energy to power his newfound psychically charged empire. With Columbia as the basis, he invaded hundreds of worlds and moved his consciousness to new leaders while manipulating the destiny of the Sovius Empire. The Singularity, who moved to stop him, was beaten to death at the figure's hands.

Columbia, tortured and abused by her doppleganger's psychic presence plus the Sovius themselves, retreated into herself. Driven mad by her conditioning, she merely started absorbing as much Nexus energy as possible for the day she might go free. That day came when the Outrageous Order dueled with the Knights of the Abyss and the Black Arbitrators came for the head of Pendleton. The Usual Suspects and Swan King were there too, seeking to steal the Stone for themselves.

Pendleton, in fact, was nothing less than the Titan-Arbitrator Ravana and former War Chief of the Empire. A clone of the Emperor, Ravana was the template for all future generations of his genetic supermen. After his betrayal, the Emperor blasted him into Nexus particles but this only resulted in said figure becoming a cross-temporal psychic parasite.

Ravana was attempting to rebuild his Titan-based forces with the Sovius--their ideology designed to blind them to his harnessing their general cruelty to feed his Titan masters.

The Arbitrator, confronted with the ancient enemy of their kind and one of the few individuals to be labeled irredeemable by the Sealbreaker, harnessed the pure psychic power of his incorruptible spirit and against a being nearly as powerful as the Titans themselves, SOULKILLED him with a single blow. An act which released a psychic shock throughout Creation and allowed Columbia's long-suffering spirit to be released once more at full PL X power.

The Spirit of Liberty, Justice, and Nobility sensed all of the Sovius Empire psychically in that moment--and the horror she'd unwittingly helped bring about. Though there were good men, women, and children in the Sovius Empire--the sheer amount of EVIL and corruption they spread was beyond anything she'd experienced.

So she gave a simple command to the Sovius Empire that depended on her to power their tanks, starships, and warpgates.

"Burn."

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:54 pm

MightyDavidson wrote:Charles, you do realize you're going to have to give us more information about the world of Steampunk Aztecs, don't you?

Will do, after I think on it.

Voltron64 wrote:Charles, does the Arbitrator actually have a real name?

Elijah Saladin Bloodwulf.

*pause*

Yeah, that's the sound of the Outrageous Order sniggering.

Voltron64 wrote:I again would like to point out that the natives of Earth-000 didn't really have a genocidal pro-human bias in general. Just towards Titans, Daemonites, Zero-Which-Minuses, and the Devouring Horde.

Non-human civilizations were rather drafted into the war against the universe-threatening armies instead of being exterminated by humans.

Also, The Arbitrator's home of Earth-000 was a world that was as much Gears of War as Warhammer 40K so he doesn't even UNDERSTAND oppression since the small and weak both fight for survival as well*.

(*Truely, being amongst the small and weak in Earth-000 must have been something of a misonomer.)

The Gears of War comparison is obvious due to the fact it was a thinly disguised knock-off but they practiced recruitment (and occasionally cloning) versus farming people. Curiously, due to the value they placed on life they actually outfitted all of their ground soldiers with excellent equipment. Which, of course, required an expansive civilian base versus solely soldiers.

They also did ally with friendly Xenos as well as mutants and psychics, though this not being a Utopia meant that it required the Chapter-Heads and Arbitrators to actually HOLD BACK the public from lynching them.*

Oddly, this meant the culture of the Empire resembled STARCRAFT more than Warhammer 40K.

* The Arbitrators are called such instead of Space Marines or Holy Warriors primarily because the Emperor decided in this reality his clones should primarily be PEACE-MAKERS versus pure killing machines. Thus, their social conditioning included enhanced intelligence as well as training in diplomacy, philosophy, the Imperial legal code (albeit not to the distinction of dear Justicar-0), and other qualities. Every Arbitrator is a warrior poet and every Chapter Head was a warrior poet of warrior poets.

Yes, this means technically the Arbitrators are JEDI Space Marines.

Voltron64 wrote:
Libra wrote:You are right to correct me Voltron, although I would be ASTONISHED if The Arbitrator's reaction to a species with which he was not familiar were anything but Paranoid - albeit not necessarily one of unthinking paranoia.

Typically just an raised eyebrow than whipping out his gyroc submachine gun. :roll:

This is, of course, his reaction to EVERYONE.

Libra wrote:He will, of course, simultaneously be planning out the tactics and strategies most appropriate should the situation go as badly as he expects it to - and be not unpleasantly surprised should it actually go Warped.

He will still be PLEASANTLY surprised should things go as well as Brother-Captain Carpenter assumes, however.

Again, this being is reaction to everyone. The Golden Age of Humanity where peace-making was a valid option without involving the truncheon was a long time before the death of mankind.

Part of the reason why the Arbitrator was a bit relieved with the final death of the Empire was its honor was being held to by the skin of its teeth and things were very Battlestar Galactica-esque. He's a great believer in Admiral Adama's "You must deserve to live" philosophy.

Which the other Arbitrators find ludicrous given modern mankind is descended from complete ****s.

I admit, both have a point.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Its a good thing that while Pendelton-Ravana could sway the masses psychically. He really wasn't that great at actual tactical or strategic leadership when confronted with a planet that he couldn't just roll over.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”