J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: J-Mart: Chemo, Malador, Thugs

Post by BlindPugh » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:46 am

I never knew anything about Cyborg Superman beyond the fact that he existed. You've done a good job of selling him to me, I'd actually be tempted to use him in a game now. But like Ragnarok (and the Red Hulks) he really needs a name all his own.
Thorpacolypse wrote:
BlindPugh wrote:Now that Thor has had an update is Hercules on the horizon? The stats look great to me already, but I'm dying to see where he fits in the Superior Thorpacoverse.
Ask and ye shall receive, sir. I am working on a few other things, but it will be soon.
I look forward to it :D
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

Grayson
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: J-Mart: Malador, Thugs, Doctor Fate, Cyborg Superman

Post by Grayson » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:59 am

Just wanted to give you a shout out. I really like your builds. They are very comprehensive in detail.

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Earth-Two_Kenn » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:55 pm

Doctor Fate looked pretty good, except, traditionally, his enhanced strength, his flight, and his mystical armor were all not a part of the helm of Nabu. For several years, during the war, he switched to a different helmet and lost his Mystical Array powers.

He looked like this: Image
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

danelsan
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by danelsan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:Doctor Fate looked pretty good, except, traditionally, his enhanced strength, his flight, and his mystical armor were all not a part of the helm of Nabu. For several years, during the war, he switched to a different helmet and lost his Mystical Array powers.
Well, while not present on the character sheet, it does have this on the story portion of his entry:
As time went on, Kent found the helmet becoming more and more possessive of him, so rather than abandoning his battle against chaos, Kent created the half helm. Although Kent's powers were severely limited, he still had the ability of flight, invulnerability and super strength. However, Kent donned the full Helm one last time in order to defeat the powerful wizard Malador the Mystic
So, it appears that in this version (not familiar enough with the actual DC version) he is always powered by a Helm. So it would not be that the strength, flight and armor are not powers from the Helm, but rather that the Full Helm has all that and much more, while the Half Helm only gives those.
My DeviantArt page
Batgirl avatar by ArtNerdEm

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:34 pm

danelsan wrote:
Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:Doctor Fate looked pretty good, except, traditionally, his enhanced strength, his flight, and his mystical armor were all not a part of the helm of Nabu. For several years, during the war, he switched to a different helmet and lost his Mystical Array powers.
Well, while not present on the character sheet, it does have this on the story portion of his entry:
As time went on, Kent found the helmet becoming more and more possessive of him, so rather than abandoning his battle against chaos, Kent created the half helm. Although Kent's powers were severely limited, he still had the ability of flight, invulnerability and super strength. However, Kent donned the full Helm one last time in order to defeat the powerful wizard Malador the Mystic
So, it appears that in this version (not familiar enough with the actual DC version) he is always powered by a Helm. So it would not be that the strength, flight and armor are not powers from the Helm, but rather that the Full Helm has all that and much more, while the Half Helm only gives those.
That was the way I read his origins, but I could be wrong. It happened about 2 years ago around this time, it could happen again. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #278

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:We've got a new version of our SPICY CAJUN SPECIAL on Aisle 2!

This place, it preys on the weak. It wants to corrupt them. Kill them... It tests them. So that only the strong survive. This place, this is where I belong. This place, it's mine now. And it's time to hunt. - Gambit

GAMBIT
PL: 10 (200 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Quarterstaff] 5 (+15), Deception 9 (+13/+15) [Attractive, Fascinate], Expertise [Thievery] 9 (+10), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+4), Investigation 7 (+8) [Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 5 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Throwing] 6 (+13), Sleight of Hand 6 (+13) [Skill Mastery], Stealth 8 (+15), Technology 6 (+7/+11) [Hide Tampering], Vehicles 3 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Fascinate (Deception), Grabbing Finesse, Hide Tampering*, Improved Critical (1) (Bo Staff), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (Cajun French, Japanese, Base: English), Luck (Improve Roll) (2), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Redirect, Skill Mastery (1) (Sleight of Hand), Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Gambler: Feature 1 (You can automatically win at games of chance, unless pitted against an opponent with this Feature (in which case, resolve the game normally]); 1 pt
Master Thief: Enhanced Skills 2 (Technology 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to disabling/bypassing security); 2 pts
Static Interference: Concealment 2 (Mental), Immunity 2 (Mind Reading); 6 pts
Hypnotic Charm: Perception Range Affliction 8 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, Extra: Insidious, Flaw: Check Required [Deception], Limited to two degrees, Sense Dependent [Auditory]); 8 pts
Kinetic Energy Control: 19 pt Array; 20 pts
Kinetic Blast: Kinetic Energy Ranged Damage 7 (Extra: Multiattack, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Quirk: Requires small objects); 19 pts
Kinetic Explosion: Kinetic Energy Area Burst Damage 9 (Extra: Area Burst, Triggered [1 round], Quirk: Requires large object); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Armored Costume: Protection 1; 1 pt
Lockpicks: Feature 1 (Tools, Technology); 1 pt
Bo Staff: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Double, Reach [5 ft]; 4 pts
Deck of Playing Cards: Feature 1 (Used for throwing and getting charged to blow up stuff); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +3]
Bo Staff +15 [Bo Staff +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Throwing +13 [Kinetic Blast +7, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Kinetic Explosion +9, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Prejudice: Mutant
Relationships: Rogue
Responsibility: Depends…sometimes to the X-Men and mutantkind, sometimes to the Thieves' Guild, sometimes to New Orleans, sometimes to his own damn self
Secret: He's got a few…actually a LOT…this is where GM-ing really comes into play…
Thrills: He LOVES the thrill of stealing, even when he's trying to walk on the side of the angels

Abilities 76 + Skills 42 (84 ranks) + Advantages 24 + Powers 37 + Defenses 21 = 200 / 200

Build Comments: Since I have been feeling footloose and fancy free lately in regards to points, here is my DCA Gambit, at a whopping 180 points and full of Cajun cliché spewing, lady wooing, card throwing fun. I was starting a test of him with my PC version, but since I am out of the PC mood (for the most part), I am restarting it with this one. It probably won’t make a lot of difference combat-wise, but for the pre-fight part, it should tip the scales far more in his favor.

Secret Origins: Remy Etienne LeBeau, the mutant who would later become Gambit was abandoned at birth by his birth father, due to his unusual red-on-black eyes as they believed their child was of satanic origins. He was stolen from a New Orleans orphanage by the Thieves Guild and given to Antiquary, a collector of children, who considered Remy a perfect work of art. There he was given the name Remy and the title Le Diable Blanc (The White Devil), because of an old Guild Prophecy that spoke of a white devil. However, Jean-Luc LeBeau greatly disliked the idea of the child being in Antiquary 's care, and arranged for Remy to grow up being watched by a gang of street thieves known as Fagan's Mob instead. At age eight, Remy met and befriended a young girl named Bella Donna. A few days later, he was taken in and adopted by the leader of the Thieves Guild, Jean-Luc himself, after a failed pickpocket attempt which had been secretly arranged by Jean to meet with the young mutant.

The Story so Far: As part of a peace pact between the Thieves’ Guild and their rivals, the Assassin’s Guild, a marriage was arranged between Remy and Bella Donna Boudreaux, the granddaughter of the head of the Assassins Guild. However, Bella Donna's brother Julien objected to the marriage and challenged Gambit to a duel. Remy killed Julien in self-defense, but was excommunicated and banished from New Orleans in an attempt to maintain the non-aggression pact between the two guilds.

Remy wandered the world as he plied his skills as a master thief, aided by his mutant power to charge objects with explosive energy. He employed playing cards he charged with kinetic energy as his trademark weapon. At one point Remy had approached the master geneticist Mr. Sinister for help in controlling his powers. Sinister removed some of Remy's brain tissue to reduce his power levels, thus affording him a greater degree of control.

As a result, Remy was now in the geneticist's debt, and Sinister subsequently charged the thief with assembling the team of assassins called the Marauders. Remy did not realize that Sinister would employ the Marauders to massacre the underground mutant community known as the Morlocks. Seeing the horrific results of his actions, Remy attempted to stop the massacre but was almost killed by the Marauder named Sabretooth. However, he did manage to save one young Morlock girl who would one day grow up to become the X-Man named Marrow.

Eventually, Remy encountered Storm, a member of the outlaw team of mutant adventurers known as the X-Men. Storm had been transformed into an amnesiac child who had turned to theft as a means to survive. Remy helped her escape her enemy, the malevolent psionic entity known as the Shadow King, and they became partners. Later, when the X-Men's founder Professor Charles Xavier returned from a long period of traveling in outer space, Storm sponsored Remy's admission into the X-Men.
Remy soon fell in love with his fellow X-Man, Rogue, blessed and cursed with the ability to absorb other mutants' thoughts and abilities through skin-on-skin contact. The feeling was mutual, but the two soulmates were condemned never to touch.

Over the years, Gambit has remained a member of various teams of X-Men until Apocalypse returned to Earth and in order to protect his friends, Gambit joined him, and became Death. The transformation changed both his mind and body, altering his original intent on ensuring the X-Men's protection from the High Lord. However, large portions of his former self seemed to be intact, as Death VI said that he was "both Death and Gambit". He also remembered Rogue and his love for her. Apocalypse noted that Gambit was trying to bring peace to his two halves.

Gambit was knocked unconscious and taken away by Sunfire, who had become Famine VI, but overcome the change. Gambit awoke in a temple in Japan, where Sunfire encouraged him to abandon his master Apocalypse, the X-Men, and his past. To do this they launched an attack on the X-mansion to recover their other horseman Polaris. Remy showed his willingness to abandon his past as he tried to murder Rogue. However the attack failed and they retreated to the Buddhist Temple in Japan, where they were greeted by Mr. Sinister.

Gambit, as part of Marauders, returned trying to destroy the X-Men, but back to his normal self physically. Gambit and Sunfire encountered Cable on the recently evacuated island of Providence. Gambit and Sunfire attacked Cable badly damaging him and forcing him to retreat to the island's computer system. Gambit and Sunfire apparently wanted information from the computer for unknown reasons. Cable consequently activated a self-destruct sequence. Gambit and Sunfire escaped.

Gambit stayed on as a member of the Marauders, joining them in Alaska to fight the Purifiers over the mutant child. Gambit and Sunfire found no problem in murdering them but soon had to evacuate when Cable and Predator X showed up.

Bishop later turned out to be the traitor that he always wanted to warn the X-Men about, as he knew that the baby was a threat. Gambit alongside the Marauders were able to save the baby from him after he ambushed Forge and Cable. Gambit, even in his current form, found it quite ironic that Bishop had indeed turned on the X-Men. After getting the baby, Mystique decided to use it to cure Rogue, but not before murdering Sinister. Gambit, now free from his power, didn't know what to do, but decided to stay and protect Rogue from the coming fray.

After the fight with the Marauders over the child, Gambit went his own way to rediscover himself. During this time, he encountered Charles Xavier, who was trying to rebuild his mind when Sebastian Shaw was attacking him and trying to kill him and other children who might have had contact with Sinister in the past. Gambit decided to stay on as Xavier's protector.

After they had prevented Shaw from resurrecting Sinister (or so they thought), Gambit went his own way, still often helping Xavier on his self-discovery. He later joined him in Australia to aid Rogue and Xavier was finally able to help her overcome her powers so that she could be willing to control it properly.

Afterwards, Xavier helped cure Remy of some of his psychic trauma and he seemed to return to his old self, but decided to remain a reserve X-Man and he returned to New Orleans, seeking to resolve issues with the Thieves’ Guild. Along the way, he encountered a number of threats to the city and he has reluctantly become the city’s main superhero protector, the Batman of the Bayou, as Wolverine jokingly calls him.

Characterization: Remy has the reputation as a devil may care rogue, but that is a façade as he is actually a reflective man with many demons. He has switched allegiances at times, but at his heart he remains a man with strong desire to do the right thing and protect those he holds dear.

Friends and Foes: He has had a long off-and-on relationship with Rogue, and currently they not on good terms, although, she has admitted that she is proud of what he’s doing in New Orleans. He has become a big brother to X-23, helping her with her journey of personal discovery, similar to what he went through to find himself again.

He has ties to the Thieves’ Guild and several contacts in the New Orleans underworld. Of course, he has made many enemies in that realm as well.

Clean Up 4/6/12: Tweak to Gambit now that we have some Luck power rules and Features to play with, I added one to Remy and fixed some of his skills and advantages.

Clean Up 12/6/13: Big updates to Remy this go-around.
Several updates tonight since I had a slow evening last night to work them up. Grodd, Power Girl, Terra (Atlee), and this here Gambit, and I think I missed a couple. I decided to add a mechanic for Remy's hypnosis thingy that he pulls off every now and then, but I may not keep it, or at least take it down a few ranks.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:36 pm

It's time for an UP AND ATOM SPECIAL on Aisle 1!

My name is Captain Atom. As in A-bomb...as in nuclear fission...as in...the end of the world. - Captain Atom

CAPTAIN ATOM
PL: 14 (260 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+19), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Military] 6 (+7), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Quantum Energy Control] 4 (+9), Stealth (+2), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Military Security Clearance), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Leadership, Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
Dilustel Skin: Protection 4, Impervious 8; 20 pts
Quantum Energy Form: Immunity 31 (Aging, Fortitude Effects), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds), Immortality 3 (1 week, Flaw: Limited to when all quantum energy is available), Senses 3 (Detect Energy Spectra [Mental; Acute, Radius]); 39 pts
Quantum Channeling: Enhanced Strength 5 (50,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Flight 13 (16,000 mph/30 mpr); 21 pts
Energy Absorption: Immunity 40 (Energy Effects, Flaw: Distracting, Limited to half effect, Sustained), Protection 2 (Flaw: Limited to energy effects); 14 pts
Quantum Energy Control: 34 pt Array; 36 pts
Quantum Blast: Ranged Quantum Energy Damage 17; 34 pts
Quantum Burst: Burst Area Quantum Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]), Feature 1 (Can use Extraordinary Effect to increase ranks by +2); 1 pt
Quantum Drain: Weaken All Electromagnetic Energy Powers 11 (Affects Others, Broad [all Electromagnetic Energy], Simultaneous); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +5
Quantum Energy Control +11 [Quantum Blast +17]
Special Attack [Quantum Burst +14, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +16 (+8 Impervious, +18 against Energy Effects), Fortitude Immune, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: If Captain Atom's Dilustel skin is ruptured, in two rounds he will explode as a Burst Area Damage 14 (250 ft radius). He will lose all cohesion and without another skin, he will be unable to affect the physical world and may completely disperse.
Enemy: Major Force.
Forced Time Travel: When Captain Atom pushes his ability to absorb energy past its normal limits, the accumulated energy “overwash” propels him through time. The exact amount of time traveled is up to the needs of the plot, but a rule of thumb is to take the rank of the triggering effect and compare it to the Time column of the basic rank chart – this is how much time is jumped past
Responsibility: To the US Air Force

Abilities 90 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 130 + Defenses 19 = 260 / 260

Build Comments: Captain Atom was another character that the DCAU greatly improved over his comic version. That’s the version I am basing my build on with some of his comic version thrown in.

In JLU, he was pure energy contained in the suit, whereas in the comics, the Dillustel Skin was more the source of his powers. I like him as an energy being like Wildfire. I also liked how he was conflicted about his place but chose his military duty, even though it put him at odds with the league. That took conviction. Comic Captain Atom always a bit wishy-washy to me until he his inclusion in the Superman/Batman Public Enemies arc.

Secret Origins: 25 years ago, Nathaniel Christopher Adam, a United States Air Force officer, was been framed for a crime he did not commit and sentenced to death under the watch of Col. Wade Eiling. In exchange for a presidential pardon, he was invited to participate in Project: Atom, a military experiment with little chance of survival. The experiment involved testing the hull of a crashed alien ship's durability by placing a human being within the metal's protection and then exploding a nuclear weapon under it. The weapon went off and Adam, along with the metal, was seemingly disintegrated.

18 years later, Adam reappeared, the alien metal now bonded around his body, which was now living energy that gave him incredible abilities. It was revealed that the accident gave Adam that ability to absorb energy but that after a certain limit was reached, any excess energy absorption would force him to jump forward in time. How far forward depended on how much extra energy was taken in. Without the alien metal “skin” to contain his energy, he can disperse into what amounts to a short range nuclear explosion and his energy form can lose cohesion and eventually dissipate unless it it re-contained in a new Dillustel Skin. Adam now had powers that resulted in his ability to tap into the "Quantum Field."

The Story so Far: Now alive in the present, Adam finds himself a man out of his time and in the hands of Eiling, now a general and the second husband of Adam's now-deceased wife Angela. Everyone had assumed that he had died on the day of the experiment, so his presidential pardon was never issued and the current government refused to acknowledge the previous administration's promised pardon. Seizing the opportunity at hand, Eiling used the outstanding murder/treason charges against Adam to blackmail him into acting as a government-controlled superhero codenamed Captain Atom. A fabricated past for Adam is created to serve as a cover story, to convince the world that he has secretly been a superhero for years and thus quickly gain trust and a reputation. For his non-superhero activities, Nathaniel has the alias of Cameron Scott, an Air Force intelligence operative.

It was during this time he meets the super-powered terrorist, Plastique, who becomes a recurring part of Nathaniel's life. Early conflicts involved him coming to terms with his lost time with his children, who are now close to his current age as a result of the time jump, the death of his wife, her marriage to Eiling, and the overall ramifications of his newly acquired powers. Later on, he learns that the Atom project had been repeated, creating the villain Major Force. Major Force is a bloodthirsty man who has no problem performing illegal operations for the U.S. government and does not share any of Captain Atom's morality.

He served under Eiling reluctantly while befriending research scientist Dr. Megala of Project Atom, who helped Nathaniel discover more about his powers. He later succeeded in clearing his name of the original treason charge and eventually rebelled against Eiling, resigning from the Air Force and becoming an actual superhero. Captain Atom joined the Justice League at the request of the U.S. government, eventually serving as leader of Justice League Europe. During his career, he had a brief romance with Catherine Cobert, developed a friendly "rivalry" with Firestorm, and became involved with and eventually married Plastique. He learned basic heroics from Batman when he briefly lost access to the Quantum Field, and commanded the metahuman forces during an invasion where Earth was under attack by an alliance of alien forces.

Atom founded a short-lived offshoot team, Extreme Justice. While leading Extreme Justice, he encountered the powerful villain known as the Monarch. After a number of battles between Monarch and team, Monarch is defeated but shakes Captain Atom up by claiming to be the real Nathaniel Adam from the future.

After this, Atom's marriage to Plastique ended in divorce. She later reappeared as a villainess again, undoing her reformation into a heroine. After falling in love with Angela Spica, The Engineer, Captain Atom reminisced about his short marriage with Plastique, and attributed their divorce to their irreconcilable views about world and politics, since Nathaniel, even in his spousal life, could not stop being a loyal soldier of the U.S.A., and Plastique could not simply put aside her life as a terrorist.

He later went back to work for the government, being tasked with assembling a team to bring Superman and Batman to justice after federal charges (that were later proved false) were brought upon the two heroes by the White House, under the influence of Lex Luthor. Atom seemingly sacrificed his life to save Superman and Earth by piloting a starship to destroy a Kryptonite meteor, but as it had previously been established that this type of accident could not kill him, he soon returned to life. But since he had absorbed massive amounts of radiation, he briefly became a super villain described as a "Kryptonite Man." The radiation is siphoned out of him using a device made by Hiro Okamura, the new Toyman, which returned Captain Atom to his usual self (if somewhat confused).

After that incident he co-founded the US Avengers team, which he remains a member of.

Characterization: Captain Atom is a dedicated hero and military man who still believes in his country and duty despite the betrayals by those in power. Above all, he believes in doing the right thing and is not afraid to make the hard choices.

Friends and Foes: He has several friends in the superhero community but is closest to Firestorm, with whom he has a friendly rivalry and a big brother-little brother relationship. He is also friends with the heroes Hellstrike and Fuji, who are share a similar state of living energy. They sometimes call themselves the NoBodies Club.

His greatest foes are The Monarch and Major Force.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Let's drop another UP AND ATOM SPECIAL for Aisle 1! And this one's for our Villains Line!

You don't think she got in there by herself, do ya? - Major Force after the legendary Woman in Refrigerator incident

MAJOR FORCE
PL: 13 (245 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 17, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+22), Deception 3 (+3), Expertise [Military] 5 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 11 (+11), Perception 2 (+3), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Status – Military Clearance), Chokehold, Diehard, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (7)

POWERS:
Dilustel Skin: Protection 3, Impervious 8; 19 pts
Quantum Energy Form: Immunity 31 (Aging, Fortitude Effects), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds), Immortality 3 (1 week, Flaw: Limited to when all quantum energy is available), Senses 3 (Detect Energy Spectra [Mental; Acute, Radius]); 39 pts
Quantum Channeling: Enhanced Strength 6 (200,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Flight 13 (16,000 mph/30 mpr); 23 pts
Quantum Energy Control: 35 pt Array; 38 pts
Quantum Blast: Ranged Quantum Energy Damage 17 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Dark Matter/Quantum]); 35 pts
Dark Matter Constructs: Create 8 (Dark Matter; Extra: Continuous, Movable, Precise); 1 pt
Quantum Burst: Burst Area Quantum Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Quantum Drain: Weaken All Electromagnetic Energy Powers 11 (Affects Others, Broad [all Electromagnetic Energy], Simultaneous); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +17]
Ranged Attack +9 [Quantum Blast +17; Dark Matter Constructs +8]
Special Attack [Quantum Burst +13, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +16 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude Immune, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: Green Lanterns.
Mental Instability: Major Force’s capability to follow orders or devise tactics relies upon a steady state of mind, which he loses easily in combat or when Zmeck feels he has been slighted. He will also act against orders to carry out his vendettas.
Power Loss: Major Force must maintain a connection to the quantum field’s energy. If drained of this energy or otherwise denied access, he will become inert (at best) or possibly die.
Rivalry: Captain Atom.

Abilities 86 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 118 + Defenses 16 = 245 / 245

Build Comments: Old Major Force is the tried and true trope of the opposite number villain. Pretty much the same power as Captain Atom, but of course, he uses them for evil instead of good. He’s also the character whose vile act of killing Kyle Rayner’s girlfriend and stuffing her in a fridge started the Women in Refrigerators movement, started by Gail Simone.

If you’re not familiar with it, here’s the link to the Wikipedia page. Interesting read.

Secret Origins: Major Force is a product of the same U.S. Federal project which created Captain Atom. While in the USAF, Clifford Zmeck had been jailed in a high security prison for rape and murder and sentenced to life in prison. He was offered a pardon in exchange for participation in the high-risk governmental experiment.

The government, in a project headed by Wade Eiling and the scientist Megala, was experimenting with the effects of atomic energy on an alien metal they had taken from a crashed spaceship to determine its full protective abilities; such as protecting a human being from a nuclear blast. After the disappearance of Nathaniel Adam and the perceived failure of the project, the government restarted the project with a new subject, Zmeck, and increased the amount of metal used. The results were the same as with the Captain Atom Project and Zmeck disappeared into the Quantum Field, emerging one year after the return of Nathaniel Adam.

The Story so Far: Introduced as an ally, then successor to Captain Atom, Force's brutality betrayed his government-concocted role of superhero and brought him in frequent conflict with Atom. Major Force is now arguably Captain Atom's arch-enemy. Eventually, he became a hired gun for General Wade Eiling's purposes.

Major Force killed Alexandra "Alex" DeWitt, girlfriend of the Green Lantern Kyle Rayner, and stuffed her remains in a refrigerator where Kyle would find her. Rayner tortured Major Force after their fight, but was stopped by forces of LAPD's Special Crimes Unit.

Force also killed Arisia, a former Green Lantern and dear friend of Guy Gardner. Force was apparently confronted in Kyoto, Japan where Guy Gardner seemingly killed him in revenge. However, Force, like Captain Atom, is made of energy and not matter. He cannot die and has effectively gained immortality.

Force was part of a Government Task Force led by Captain Atom, in addition to Green Lantern John Stewart, Power Girl of the JSA, Starfire of the Teen Titans, Katana and Black Lightning who are allies of Batman. They were charged with bringing in Superman and Batman when a Kryptonite asteroid was headed for Earth. Superman and Batman escaped them in Washington, D.C., but met up with them again in Tokyo. Power Girl and Katana revealed they are double agents working with Superman and Batman the whole time. When Captain Atom and his squad pursued them to Japan, Power Girl struck at the Major. When he returned fire, Katana chopped his hands off, releasing the atomic energy he harbored. Batman convinced Captain Atom to absorb the energy leaking from Force, which threatened to decimate the city. Atom absorbed all the energy and disappeared, moving several years into the future in a quantum leap.
Major Force's mind, his thoughts, his anger, got mixed in with the essence of a new Kryptonite Man, who turned out to be Captain Atom. With the help of the new Toyman, Hiro Okamura, Superman and Batman were able to drain the Kryptonite energy and Force’s essence from Atom, returning Atom to normal.

Somehow, Force’s energy was re-acquired by the government and he was reborn in a new Dilustel skin. Later. Force seemingly slew Guy's mother in the same manner as Kyle's beloved girlfriend. After some confusion, it is learned Force had killed a neighbor who had been house-sitting. Force apparently decapitated Maura Rayner, mother of Kyle Rayner, and stuffed her severed head in an oven, but he later says it was just a mannequin. Kyle snapped, decapitated Force, sealed it in a bubble of Green Lantern energy and sent it into outer space. Kyle later found out his mother was alive and well.

Major Force returned again and picked a fight with Hal Jordan, as Force vowed to kill any Green Lantern on sight after his last encounter with Kyle Rayner. Jordan personally wanted to put an end to Force's murderous rampage, as he wass enraged by the knowledge of Alexandra DeWitt and Arisia's murders, and even sent Force to a hard-light constructed refrigerator in a similar fashion as Force done to DeWitt during the battle. He eventually defeated Force and the villain was incarcerated in a special cell at The Raft.

Characterization: Zmeck is a sadistic man, driven by his rage and desire for violence.

Friends and Foes: At times he has worked for General Wade Eiling, but generally works alone. He has run afoul of several members of the superhero community, but his greatest enemies are Captain Atom and The Green Lanterns of Earth.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Let's drop one more new build tonight and we're going to continue to expand our Mortal Kombat Aisle!

I will give you a warrior's death! - Goro

GORO
PL: 11 (146 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLEKT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatiks 3 (+7), Athletiks 6 (+13), Klose Kombat [Unarmed] 5 (+15), Deception (+1), Insight (+2), Intimidation 11 (+12/+13) [Startle], Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Kombat [Blast] 6 (+12), Stealth (+4/+2)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (3) (Ambidexterity, Status 2 – Prince of the Shokan), Chokehold, Damaging Escape*, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Shokan), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4), Startle, Takedown (1), Tough* (2)

POWERS:
Shokan Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Shokan Physiology: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Senses 3 (Infravision, Scent [Akute]), Extra Limbs 2 (2 extra arms), Leaping 2 (30 ft); 9 pts
Shokan Powers: 15 pt Array; 17 pts
Fireball: Ranged Fire Damage 8 (Flaw: Aktivation [Move Action]); 15 pts
Tremor Pound: Burst Area Affliktion 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overkome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra Kondition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited [Goro must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Spinning Fists: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Multiattack, Flaw: Distracting, Grab-based); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Klose Attack +10
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +7, Critical 19-20; Spinning Fists +7, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +6
Blast +12 [Fireball +8]
Special Attack [Tremor Pound Affliktion +10, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +9 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +11, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Being the Mortal Kombat Tourney Champion for 500 years, he can be very arrogant and dismissive of his opponents
Motivation: Maintaining his mantle of Mortal Kombat tourney champion and if he loses, regaining it at all kost
Responsibility: To his people, the Shokan

Abilities 58 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 31 + Defenses 21 = 146 / 146

Build Komments: Goro was a wicked sub-boss in the early MK games, but eventually became more balanced over time. I hardly ever played with or against him, but the few times I did, I recall getting my arse KICKED.

Secret Origins: Goro is part of the four-armed half-human, half-dragon race called the Shokan. He had been champion of the Mortal Kombat tournament for 500 years before being defeated by eventual tournament champion Liu Kang.

The Story so Far: Goro became Grand Champion of the Mortal Kombat tournament after defeating the Great Kung Lao. For 500 years, he remained undefeated and helped Shang Tsung grow ever closer to achieving Shao Kahn's goal of domination over Earthrealm. In his 10th title defense, however, he faced Liu Kang. Making use of Goro's overconfidence after years of being the undefeated warrior, Liu Kang was able to secure victory. Goro disappeared during the tournament's aftermath, and he was believed to be dead. It is theorized that he actually retreated back to his kingdom during this time. Goro is succeeded by another member of his race, Kintaro, as Kahn's right-hand man during the events of of the next tourney.

Goro would resurface after Kahn's downfall. Despite having the intent to avenge his losses at Liu Kang's hands, Goro began to take an interest in the matters of his own race and joined his fellow Shokans in war against the Centaurians. Princess Kitana intervened and negotiated a truce and peace accord between both races. The meeting was interrupted by Kung Lao who desired to challenge his ancestor's killer. The Shaolin Monk lashed out with a ceremonial strike of revenge that left Goro's chest scarred. Considering the score settled, the two shook hands. When Shinnok and his legion were defeated and Edenia was free once more, Goro and the Shokan race decided to ally themselves with the Edenians, agreeing to sign a peace treaty with the Centaurs as a condition of their new partnership

Years later, the united Edenian and Shokan forces attacked the weakened Shao Kahn's armies. Exhausted from battle, Goro was struck from behind by Noob Saibot. He was mortally wounded, apparently dying from the injury, and Kitana held a royal funeral for the fallen Shokan prince. However, Goro is able to survive, being saved from death by Shao Kahn himself, with the promise of returning the Shokans to their former glory and the banishment of the Centaurs in exchange for his allegiance. Agreeing to these terms, Goro placed his royal seal on a nearby disfigured fallen Shokan (whom Kitana and the Shokan army found and mistook for him, successfully deceiving them while hiding his defection), and resumed his place at Shao Kahn's side.

Kharacterization: Goro is a vicious and arrogant combatant, but his arrogance is warranted considered it took 500 years for him to be defeated in tourney combat. He is loyal to his people and if he gives his word, he keeps it.

Friends and Foes: Goro has few long-time allies, but he has worked with Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung when it benefits both parties. Other than that, he considers anyone he tries to defeat him in combat his enemy.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Earth-Two_Kenn » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
danelsan wrote:
That was the way I read his origins, but I could be wrong. It happened about 2 years ago around this time, it could happen again. :wink:
The actual DC version: the strength, near invulnerability, and flight are Kent, not the helm.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:34 am

Earth-Two_Kenn wrote: The actual DC version: the strength, near invulnerability, and flight are Kent, not the helm.
You can't argue with that. I'll make the changes. Thanks, Kenn.

Although I see lots of people working out all the time and they never to learn how to levitate and get super strong just through "training". Maybe Nabu should put out a training video. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: J-Mart: Cyborg Superman, Capt. Atom, Major Force, Goro

Post by BlindPugh » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:59 am

Great builds, Thorp.

I was a big Captain Atom fan, one of the first comics I remember buying n my own rather than inheriting was a Captain Atom comic with him in Purgatory working off his sins and chatting up Death of the Endless while talking about the 3 aspects of Death. It was so weird (I was about 7) that it stuck with me ever since. Anyway, tangent aside, I agree hat JLU had the best version of Cap, so I'm glad to see that used in your build.
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:27 pm

We've got a J-Mart Favorite item hitting the shelves right now!

RELEASE THE...Ah, you all know what to do...

KRAKEN
PL: 16 (288 pts) - OPL: 16 ; DPL: 16

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 20, STAMINA 20, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT -4, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+25), Deception (-2), Insight (+2), Intimidation 17 (+15/+25) [Daze], Perception (+2), Persuasion (-2), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Daze (1) (Intimidation), Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Takedown (1), Trance

POWERS:
Epic Monster Size: Growth 20 (+20 Str, +20 Sta, -10 Dodge/Parry, -20 Stealth, +10 Intimidation, Speed +2, +20 Mass, Reach 5 [25 ft], Extra: Innate); 41 pts
Tentacles: Extra Limbs 6 (2 Arms, 4 Tentacles), Elongation 3 (60 ft), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Benefit [Ambidexterity]); 10 pts
Kraken Maw: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Flaw: Grab-based); 2 pts
Invulnerable Beast: Protection 5, Impervious 12, Immunity 21 (Aging, Life Support, Mental Effects [Flaw: Limited to half effect]), Regeneration 5 (1/every other round, Extra: Persistent); 55 pts
Aquatic: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic), Senses 3 (Darkvision, Scent [Acute]), Swimming 8 (120 mph/1800 fpr); 13 pts
Kraken Released!: 96 pt Array; 97 pts
Tsunami: Line Area Water Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Line Area 8 [250 feet long, 40 ft. inland], Flaw: Limited [to Along Shoreline], Limited [to Originating from Bodies of Water]); 96 pts
Tentacle Burst: Shapeable Area Bludgeoning Damage 16 (Extra: Area Shapeable x4 [120 ft volume], Selective); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +20; Bite +22, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +
Special Attack [Tidal Wave +12, Line Area; Tentacle Burst +16 Shapeable Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +25 (+12 Impervious), Fortitude +20, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: The Kraken cannot speak
Vulnerable: The Kraken is vulnerable to mystical petrification effects
Weakness: The Kraken cannot survive fully out of water for long due to it's massive size and need to remain hydrated

Abilities 18 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 218 + Defenses 31 = 288 / 288

Build Comments: I think we all know it had to released sometime in the Thorpacoverse. And I didn’t mess around.

Secret Origins: Some myths say that the Kraken was a monster created by Hades, the Lord of the Dead, from furious anger and hatred. This monster was much too powerful, similar to Typhon, and was imprisoned in a cave at the bottom of the sea.

When Cassiopeia, the Queen of Ethiopia, boasted that her daughter was more beautiful than Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty herself, Zeus ordered Poseiden to release the Kraken to attack the city. Zeus told the city that if Cassiopeia gave her daughter, Andromeda, as a sacrifice to the Kraken, he would go back to his prison and leave the city alone.

Cassiopeia refused to give her daughter as a sacrifice but the townspeople kidnapped her and chained her to a rock right by the ocean. When the Kraken emerged from the sea, he was just about to consume Andromeda but Perseus returned with the head of Medusa and turned the Kraken to stone.

The Story so Far: Unbeknownst to the world at large, the Kraken was a female and had produced at least one offspring. That Kraken now is currently imprisoned somewhere under the Atlantic Ocean.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:44 pm

Check out this new item for our TMNT Aisle!

SLASH
PL: 10 (111 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception (-1), Insight (+1), Intimidation 10 (+9/+10), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+5), Stealth 4 (+7/+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Damaging Escape*, Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Takedown (1), Withstand Damage

POWERS:
Slash Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Enhanced Senses: Senses 4 (Scent [Acute, Tracking], Low-light Vision); 4 pts
Mutant Turtle Physiology: Feature 1 (Can retract head and limbs), Swimming 2 (2 mph/30 fpr), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Aquatic Environments); 5 pts
Turtle Up: Protection 4, Impervious 4, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Withstand Damage); 13 pt
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Accurate, Split); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +10]
Claws +10 [Claws +10]
Ranged Attack +0
Throwing +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +14 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Emotionally Stunted: Slash has been raised to only be a weapon and struggles to control his emotions and show the side of him that wants to belong
Motivation: Hunting the Turtles

Abilities 46 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 29 + Defenses 12 = 111 / 111

Build Comments: I never really read or saw any TMNT stuff with Slash in it before I started reading the IDW stuff that I’m reading now so I didn’t know he part of the TMNT in some of its iterations. I like him now as a more powerful experiment of Stockgen, similar to the other turtles but more feral.

In the new series, he took on all four with relative ease so I figured PL10 was good since it took Leo to get him with a lucky shot. I haven’t gotten to the City Fall arc where they have him doing more so this is pretty much just based on his initial appearnaces.

Secret Origins: Slash was initially called Specimen 6; a snapping turtle that was injected with mutagen from Old Hob's DNA to turn him into another mutant to hunt down the Turtles and Splinter. As Specimen 6's size and strength increased, his mind became unstable and he turned savage which led him to be contained. He was freed due to April O'Neil's diversion to grab their Turtle Tracker. He punched out one of Krang's Rock Soldiers and escaped the lab into the night. Before leaving, he took a miniature palm tree from the tank.

The Story so Far: After his escape from Stockgen's, Specimen 6 lurked around New York as a mindless monster damaging property, scaring, and injuring people. The beast was called "Slash" for his slashing rampage. Slash's latest attacks were striking at Michelangelo's pizza delivery friend Woody with minor injuries and leaving claw marks on April's van.

Slash spotted the Turtles and decided to follow them after ripping off the black shirt of a thug the Turtles have just beaten and turning it into a mask similar to the Turtles. He followed them all the way to an abandoned church which the Turtles took as their new home. Slash then started to attack them in the basement of the bunker shelter of the church. His strength and speed were too much for the Turtles even when they temporary subdued him. When Slash was about to kill an unconscious Michelangelo, Leonardo threw a shuriken at him to get his attention. Leo tried to reason with Slash that they were experimented at Stockgen's too, but the reckless beast jumped him and was accidentally impaled by one of Leo's swords. Slash pulled out Leo's sword, ripped off his mask then fell into the sewer system of the basement as he gave in to his wound.

Slash is revealed to have survived and is washed ashore. He is awakened by Old Hob, who somehow survived being shot by Baxter Stockman, Hob tells Slash that they should team up together to hunt everyone in Stockgen's.

Characterization: Slash has been programmed to hunt the TMNT, but he seems conflicted and confused at times.

Friends and Foes: He is currently as associate of Old Hob and shares his hatred of Baxter Stockman and Stockgen.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: J-Mart: Cpt. Atom, Mjr. Force, Goro, RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Post by kenmadragon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Love the Kraken build. I wonder... someone seems to have submitted a Jack Sparrow build, once upon a time, to the J-Mart. Let's reenact that scene from the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie, shall we? :wink:

Also, I've been watching the new 2012 TMNT cartoon on TV, and while it's okay (they really modernized the turtles, and changed a lot of details, but it has it's moments), the new episode last week featured Slash. Except, in the show, Slash was actually Raph's pet snapping turtle named Spike who had eaten some stray mutagen and turned into this huge, hulking monster, who convinces Raph that his brothers were keeping Raph back, and that the two of them could fight the evils of the Kraang and the Foot clan themselves, but then ended up attacking Donny, Mikey, and Leo in order to get them out of the way so Raph could prosper. It ended as one might expect from a kid's show: Raph learns the importance of standing by his brothers and stuff, kicks butt, and while barreling through walls while fighting Slash finds a rather awkward scene of Leo having make-believe tea time with this little girl and her dollies. :mrgreen: