J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Re: 1090

Post by Spectrum » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote: Build Comments: I missed the Lady the first time I was doing a Joe run, but not this time. And not just because of the stirring and epic portrayal of her by Adrienne Padlicki in the-should-have-been-nominated-for-an-Oscar cinematic masterpiece G.I. Joe: Retaliation. :wink:

That was WAY too much sarcasm for one sentence…
You laugh BUT for what it was it was a darn good movie.

Watching Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis really game it up was awesome. They were really at their A game.

The ninja scene was incredible- a homage to one of the best issues of the old Marvel comic.

And.. some really tasty fanservice.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: 1045

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Check out this MIDNIGHT SPECIAL for Aisle 2!

I don't care how bad ass Glaive is, I can't believe he hooked up with HER.

PROXIMA MIDNIGHT
PL: 14 (250 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 11, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13), Athletics 7 (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+15), Deception (+2), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+10), Insight 7 (+11) [Combat Clarity], Intimidation 7 (+9), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion (+2), Stealth (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Close Attack (2), Combat Clarity* (1), Equipment (1), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (2) (Spear, Unarmed), Improved Initiative (2), Improved Smash, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (8), Takedown (2), Ultimate Effort (1) (Toughness Check), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Warrior's Physique: Protection 2, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds), Speed 3 (16 mph), Leaping 3 (60 ft); 10 pts
Body Armor: 8 pt Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 6 pts
Armor: Protection 2, Impervious 3; 8 pts
Midnight Spear: 51 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-20 pts); 31 pts
Spear Mastery: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained); 4 pts
Spear Attacks: 46 pt Array; 47 pts
Thrown Spear: Ranged Piercing Damage 14, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical), (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing 5, Penetrating 10); 46 pts
Spear Strike: Piercing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical), (Extra: Penetrating 10, Reach [5 ft]); 1 pt

Midnight Cage: 57 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-22 pts); 35 pts
Black Star Snare: Ranged Affliction 20 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage, 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Progressive, Flaw: Inaccurate 3, Limited to two Degrees, Uncontrolled); 57 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +14
Close Attack +14 [Spear Strike +14, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +11, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +14 [Midnight Spear +14, Critical 18-20]
Midnight Cage +8 [Midnight Snare Affliction +20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 (+14 with Midnight Spear) [DC22/24] (+14 with Midnight Spear) [DC22/24]
Toughness +14 (+3 Impervious, Ultimate Effort), Fortitude +12, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Combat and killing
Relationships: Her husband, Corvus Glaive
Responsibility: To Thanos

Abilities 104 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 28 + Powers 82 + Defenses 15 = 250 / 250

Build Comments: So the first time I saw Proxima actually do something (the first time you see her, she's just talking to Namor) she’s taking on the entire new Mighty Avengers team, which consists of Luke Cage, Superior Spider-Man, Spectrum (Monica Rambeau), the new Power Man, White Tiger and another unnamed hero and she laid the smack down on them so far so she appears to be the highest combat level of the Order.

She broke Cage's ribs and took out Monica with her spear that apparently "never misses". It went right through Monica, thus the ranks of Insubstantial since I think she's a pure light form right now and it followed her for a bit, hence the Homing. I can't wait to see more.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far/Characterization: Proxima Midnight is one of Thanos' lieutenants in the Black Order. She is the greatest warrior in all of Thanos' army. She has great physical power and ability.

Her spear when thrown transforms into three tracers of black light that never miss. The beams are lethal to most creatures.

Friends and Foes: She is the wife of Corvus Glaive.
Minor note, after making to the end of Infinity where they let the Cull Obsidian cut loose and scrap with the Avengers, I had to make some adjustments to them. I figured I would note the change to Proxima since it's LADIES' WEEK. I added that thing she threw on the Hulk to hold him during the fight that he couldn't break out of. It was probably a plot device, but I figure giving it Uncontrolled kinda evens it out.

Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Spectrum wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote: Build Comments: I missed the Lady the first time I was doing a Joe run, but not this time. And not just because of the stirring and epic portrayal of her by Adrienne Padlicki in the-should-have-been-nominated-for-an-Oscar cinematic masterpiece G.I. Joe: Retaliation. :wink:

That was WAY too much sarcasm for one sentence…
You laugh BUT for what it was it was a darn good movie.

Watching Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis really game it up was awesome. They were really at their A game.

The ninja scene was incredible- a homage to one of the best issues of the old Marvel comic.

And.. some really tasty fanservice.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and like you said, for what it was, it was fun. I love good bad movies almost as much as I love bad bad movies.

But if someone was going expecting a good GOOD movie, they would have been greatly disappointed. 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Sidious » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:49 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:We've got another new item for LADIES' WEEK that's heading for our G.I. Joe Aisle!

Um...is it possible to actually throw a javelin accurately with those proportions?!?!?
You forgot she's also related to Destro. Something about a shared ancestor.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

danelsan
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: J-Mart: LADIES' WEEK! Cheetah, Sin, Sersi, Lady Jaye

Post by danelsan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:38 am

Besides the terrible proportions...is one strap of that thing going into her ass?
My DeviantArt page
Batgirl avatar by ArtNerdEm

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:43 am

Apparently we don't need to wear pants to fight evil. Just straps to hold our guns ;~)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Arkrite wrote:Apparently we don't need to wear pants to fight evil. Just straps to hold our guns ;~)
Arkrite, you know that superheroes have been fighting crime in their underwear for decades. :)
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:53 pm

We have LADIES' WEEK in full swing! Check out another new item for our G.I. Joe Aisle!

So...do you remember when G.I. Joe used to be for like...kids?

PYTHONA
PL: 8 (135 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+11), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+13), Deception 6 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Assassin] 4 (+5), Expertise [Cobra Lore] 6 (+7), Insight 7 (+9) [Assessment], Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Stealth 7 (+13) [Accelerated Stealth, Hide in Plain Sight], Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Stealth*, Assessment, Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (1), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (6), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Poison Tipped Nails: 7 pt Array; 8 pts
Toxic Nails: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Linked [Affliction]), Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Linked [Damage]); 7 pts
Acid Nails: Weaken Toughness 6 (Extra: Affects Objects, Flaw: Affects Objects only, Inaccurate); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Organic Body Armor: Protection 1, Subtle; 2 pts
Blaster Pistol: Ranged Energy Damage 5; 10 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +11 [Claw Strike/Affliction +5]
Acid Claws +9 [Acid Claws Weaken +6]
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +10 [Blaster Pistol +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: She enjoys killing and serving Cobra
Responsibility: To Cobra
Rivalry: Jinx

Abilities 62 + Skills 33 (66 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 8 + Defenses 15 = 135 / 135

Build Comments: Looking for more side characters to add to the Thorpacoverse, I decided to add Pythona, who hasn’t had that much screen time in the overall Joe-verse, but you gotta like her look. And apparently she had a pretty good rule in the G.I. Joe/Tranformers comic so I may have to check that out.

Secret Origins/Story so Far: Little is known about Pythona’s background. She was one of Golumbus’s top assassins until the fall of Cobra-La and now works for Cobra as one of the high council’s secret weapons.

Characterization: It is obvious to anyone who set their eyes upon Pythona that there is something different and unusual about her. With claws, strange eyes, pale skin and revelaing attire, there is definitely something animalistic and at the same time alluring about her. This bizarre attraction she brings out from others enables her to get their undivided attention. Should they choose not to listen, her lightning quick reflexes, fighting skills and poison-tipped claws will make them regret for doing so.

Friends and Foes: She has a rivalry with Lady Jaye and within Cobra, she and the Baroness don’t seem to like each other much.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Our last new item for our G.I. Joe Aisle (for now), keeps LADIES' WEEK rolling along!

Again...when did G.I. Joe start providing such fanservice?!?!?!?

JINX
PL: 8 (122 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+14), Deception (+1), Expertise [Ninja] 5 (+6), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+1), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+11), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Stealth 7 (+12) [Accelerated Stealth], Technology 5 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Stealth*, Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (3), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Japanese), Move-by Action, Precise Attack (1) (Close, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Redirect, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Climber's Kit: Feature 1 (+2 Climb Checks); 1 pt
Smoke Bomb: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Hide in Plain Sight); 1 pts
Twin Ninjato: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 4, Dangerous, Feature 1 (Multi-Purpose Tool), Split; 7 pts
Arsenal: (4 pts)
Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 3 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +11 [Twin Ninjato +5, Critical 19-20; Knife +2, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +8
Throwing +11 [Shuriken +1, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: She is close to her master, Snake-Eyes, and is trying to forge a relationship with her cousin, Storm Shadow
Responsibility: To the Arishikage Clan and the G.I. Joe

Abilities 52 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 0 + Defenses 18 = 122 / 122

Build Comments: One of the characters I’ve like from both the Renegades cartoon and Retaliation is Jinx. So I’m going with her newer incarnation for the Superior Thorpacoverse.

Secret Origins: The daughter of Arashikage clan leader Hard Master and cousin to Storm Shadow, Kimi Arashikage was rescued by Snake Eyes at the age of eight and was an instrumental part of Hard Master adopting a moral path for the clan when she protected Snake Eyes from her father's punishment. When Hard Master was killed, Snake Eyes and Kimi left the clan to a dojo in the mountains. She became Snake Eyes' apprentice and took the name of "Jinx".

The Story so Far: Eventually, Snake-Eyes and Jinx go back to Japan to train with the Blind Master, where he sets Jinx and Snake-Eyes off on a mission to bring Storm Shadow back to Tokyo to answer for the death of the Hard Master. She and Snake defeated Storm Shadow and returned him the clan headquarters, where they learn that he was framed by Zartan for the Hard Master's death. Jinx is later recruited into the G.I. Joe team after assisting them against Cobra.

Characterization: Jinx is one of Snake-Eyes key allies and an excellent ninja in her own right.

Friends and Foes: She is close to her master, Snake-Eyes, and has formed a relationship with her cousin, Storm Shadow, assisting him at times when his motives are proper.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: J-Mart: LADIES' WEEK! Sin, Sersi, Lady Jaye, Pythona, Ji

Post by kenmadragon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Image
Um, I think it was when they figured out that the people who had been raised with G.I.Joe as kids had become either teenagers or young adults... That's just a guess, but it feels like a good one... :mrgreen:

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Since we're getting late into LADIES' WEEK and the management will be out of the office for most of the next two weeks, we're going drop a couple more LADIES tonight to make sure the shelves are completely stocked for holiday crunch time! Check out this GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL for Aisle 1!

You're not my enemy, Batman. I used to think defeating you was my main objective in life. No. You're merely a hindrance. My main goal now and forevermore will be a better world. If that means we cross swords, so be it, but... I've changed. - Pamela Isley

POISON IVY
PL: 10 (195 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception 10 (+15/+17) [Attractive, Daze, Fascinate, Expertise [Botany] 12 (+15), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 10 (+15/+17) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Plant Control] 7 (+10), Stealth 3 (+7), Technology 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Roll (2), Fascinate (1) (Deception), Trance

POWERS:
Green Thumb: Feature 1 (You have a potent “green thumb,” allowing you to grow small (size rank –4 or less) plants from seeds to full maturity in a matter of seconds, a limited version of the Plant Growth power); 1 pt
Horticulture: Feature 1 (You can identify different plant species and their properties simply by looking at or touching them); 1 pt
Living Springtime: Feature 1 (You can make flowering plants flower instantly out of season, or make fruiting plants produce mature fruit instantly out of season); 1 pt
Plant Healer: Feature 1 (Your touch can cure a plant of infections, minor damage, and other maladies, restoring it to full health, like a limited version of the Healing effect); 1 pt
Photosynthesis: Immunity 1 (Starvation); 1 pt
Toxin Immunity: Immunity 1 (Poisons); 1 pt
Speak With Plants: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Plants); 4 pts
Carrier Vines: Flight 2 (8 mph/120 fpr, Flaw: Platform); 2 pts
Plant Control: 33 pt Array; 34 pts
Tanglevines: Ranged Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Indirect 3, Limited Degree, Requires ambient plant life); 33 pts
Plant Growth: Environment 5 (500 foot radius; Impede Movement 2 [-2 ranks of movement], Visibility 2 [-5 to Perception checks]); 1 pt

Poison Touch: 24 pt Array; 26 pts
Phytotoxin: Affliction 12 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, 3rd: Paralyzed, Extra: Secondary Effect); 24 pts
Deadly Touch: Progressive Weaken Stamina 12 (Resisted by Fortitude, Flaw: Grab-based); 1 pt
No One Can Resist Me: Cumulative Affliction 12 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Flaw: Grab-based); 1 pt[/i]

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +8 [Phytotoxin Affliction +12; Deadly Touch Weaken +12; No One Can Resist Me Affliction +12]
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +3
Plant Control +10 [Special Ranged Attack +0; Special Ranged Attack +0, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Tanglevine Affliction +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Floronic Man
Environmentalist: Poison Ivy’s mission is to protect plant life and purify Gotham
Relationships: She has become close to Harley Quinn and Catwoman
Vanity: Poison Ivy is obsessed with having power over others, particularly Batman, who is one of the few to have been able to reject her

Abilities 66 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 72 + Defenses 19 = 195 / 195

Build Comments: Ok, now THIS is the fanservice I am used to...

Always loved me some Pamela Isley. I’m digging her characterization in the New 52 if not her new origin story and “vines from her body” powers. I’m going with classic Pam for the Thorpacoverse.

Secret Origins: Dr. Pamela Lillian Isley grew up in Seattle; daughter to wealthy yet distant parents. In college, she specialized in botany and toxicology and was a very promising, but naive, student. Her professor, Dr. Jason Woodrue, later known as the Floronic Man, seduced her, hoping to persuade her into becoming a human test subject for his experiments. These experiments, according to Isley, were torturous. Twice, she nearly died, and ended up in the hospital for six months. Woodrue fled the authorities, while Isley was left with a changed physiology. Toxins in her bloodstream made her touch deadly and immune to all poisons, viruses, bacteria, and fungi. She also gained the ability to produce pheromones that she could use to seduce men into doing her bidding. Unfortunately, the results of these experiments also also left her barren, and she has treated her plants as her children ever since.

Enraged at her betrayal by a man, Isley suffered violent mood swings. She later caused a boyfriend to have a car accident by bringing about a massive fungal-overgrowth in his lungs. Isley then left Seattle, eventually settling down in Gotham City.

Her first act, there, was threatening to release her suffocating spores into the air unless the city met her demands. Thus, she became infamous as Poison Ivy. Batman, who had appeared in Gotham that same year, captured her, resulting in her incarceration in Arkham Asylum.

The Story so Far: A few years after her arrival, she would try to leave Gotham forever, escaping Arkham to settle on a desert island in the Caribbean. She molded the barren wasteland into a tropical paradise and stated that for the first time in her life, she was happy. It was soon firebombed when an American-owned corporation tested their weapons systems out on what they thought was an abandoned island. Ivy then returned to Gotham, punishing those responsible. After being willingly apprehended by Batman, she resolved that she could never leave Gotham, at least not until the world was safe for plants. From then on, she dedicated herself to the mission of purifying Gotham.

Poison Ivy was a member of the original Injustice Gang of the World, which fought the Justice League on several occasions. She also joined the Secret Society of Super-Villains for a mission against the Justice League. Years later, she was coerced into being a member of the Suicide Squad. During this time she used her abilities to enslave Count Vertigo.

She also has been friends with The Joker's sidekick Harley Quinn. Unlike most villain team-ups, their partnership seems genuinely rooted in friendship, and Ivy really wants to save Harley from her abusive relationship with The Joker.

Isley had many confrontations with the Bat family over the years. Recently, after rescuing Catwoman from Boneblaster, a new villain trying to make a name for himself, Poison Ivy took her back to Edward Nigma's townhouse. While there, Catwoman saw that Ivy had been keeping the Riddler under mind control so that she and Harley Quinn could use his townhouse as a hideout. Catwoman decided that with Gotham City more dangerous than ever, thanks to all the gang wars and a new Batman, a partnership with the other two women would be advantageous. However, Ivy feared that Catwoman had lost her edge and prowess, and consulted with Zatanna regarding the nature of Catwoman's injuries. Zatanna responded that Catwoman had psychological wounds that would need healing, more so than physical ones. Ivy resolved that she and Harley would provide Catwoman with "positive female reinforcement", and the three agreed to become a team.

After many adventures together, Harley Quinn betrayed her companions and broke into Arkham Asylum with the goal of killing the Joker. However, she ultimately chose to release Joker from his cell instead, and together the two orchestrated a violent takeover of the facility. Poison Ivy arrived and tried to convince Harley that the Joker was evil, but Harley Quinn refused to believe her. After they were defeated by Catwoman and Batman, Catwoman told Ivy that they would no longer be a team, angry at Ivy's earlier attempt to drug Catwoman in order to discover Batman's identity. Poison Ivy was then incarcerated in Arkham Asylum.

Ivy soon escaped and made amends with Harley Quinn. Together, the two set off to find Catwoman and make her pay for her betrayal. The two of them found Catwoman and fought her on the streets, where Catwoman confessed that she saw the good in the both of them, and only wanted to help them. When she told them that she had only kept tabs on them because Batman wanted to keep them under control, Ivy took her anger out on the city by using giant vines to destroy buildings, cursing at Batman for manipulating her. Batman was about to arrest them, but Catwoman helped the two of them escape.

Characterization: Poison Ivy is depicted as one of the world's most prominent eco-terrorists. She is obsessed with plants, botany, and environmentalism. She uses toxins from plants and mind controlling pheromones for her criminal activities, which are usually aimed at protecting the natural environment.

Friends and Foes: Fellow villain Harley Quinn is her recurring partner-in-crime and possibly her only human friend.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:58 pm

LADIES' WEEK continues with another new item from our Gotham location!

Your move. Beloved. -Talia al Ghul

TALIA AL GHUL
PL: 9 (170 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat [Swords] 3 (+13), Deception 8 (+13/+15) [Attractive], Expertise [Business] 7 (+12), Expertise [Criminal] 8 (+13), Insight 7 (+12), Intimidation 5 (+10), Investigation 8 (+13) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+11), Persuasion 8 (+13/+15) [Attractive, Connected, Daze], Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+12), Sleight of Hand 3 (+7), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology 5 (+10), Treatment 3 (+8), Vehicles 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (5) (Status, Resources 5 – Daughter of The Demon), Connected, Contacts, Daze (1) (Persuasion), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (English, French, Spanish, 2 others, Base: Arabic), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (6), Set-Up (1), Takedown (1), Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Light Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 3; 6 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2]
Swords +13 [Sword +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +10
Guns +12 [Light Pistol +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: Talia is often torn between her love for Batman and her responsibilities to her father's cause.
Daddy Issues: Her relationship with her father, Ra's Al Ghul, is complicated at times. Sometimes she seeks to undermine him, sometimes she is a loyal supporter and sometimes she has designs on replacing him.
Relationships: Despite her attempts to bring them back her side, or even kill them, she does love Damian and Bruce. In her own twisted way…
Rivalry: She knows that Catwoman holds a special place in Batman's heart and she does not like that at all.

Abilities 78 + Skills 49 (98 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 0 + Defenses 17 = 170 / 170

Build Comments: I’ve always been a Talia fan up until recently when I think she kinda jumped the shark with her dealings with Damian and The Heretic. I liked her better when it seemed she had at least a bit of a compassionate side but Morrison wrote her as pretty much a heartless wench that even made Ra’s a bit concerned.

I also think her combat ability gets underrated. Granted, that’s not her forte, but she’s held her own with Catwoman, the Robins and even Batman sometimes.

Secret Origins: In her youth, Talia traveled the world with her father learning from his intellect and skills, and she proved to be more competent than any of Ghul's other children. She excelled in managing his criminal and legitimate operations, and she was eventually appointed as Ghul's primary secondary, despite the fact that Ghul considers women to be inherently inferior to men. Ghul is supportive of his daughter, though he has commented that, if possible, he would correct "that sole failing" in his child, suggesting that he fears any possible distortion of her through chemical or biological modifications that might result due to her as gender.

The Story so Far: Talia first met Batman when he rescued her from Dr. Darkk, the apparent leader of the League of Assassins. It is eventually revealed that the League is just one part of Ra's al Ghul's organization, The Demon, and that Darkk apparently turned against Ra's after failing in a mission. At the end of the story, she shot and killed Darkk to save Batman's life.

Later, Robin, Dick Grayson, is kidnapped. Ra's al Ghul enters the Batcave, revealing to Batman that he knows Batman's secret identity and saying that Talia was also kidnapped along with Dick. Batman then goes with Ra's to search for Dick and Talia; in the end, it is revealed that Talia loves Batman and that the entire kidnapping is a setup designed by Ra's as a final test of Batman's suitability as an heir. Though Batman rejects Ra's offer, he returns Talia's feelings. In the years since Talia met Batman, she is repeatedly torn between loyalty to her father and her love of Batman. However, she has proven an important 'ally' in her way; most prominently when she encouraged Batman to return to Gotham City when it is declared a "No Man's Land" following an earthquake.

After Jason Todd's death at the hands of the Joker, Batman brought his body back to Gotham and buried him with the rest of the Wayne Family. However, several weeks later, out of love for Batman and the desire of making Batman love her again, Talia takes Jason to the Lazarus Pit and throws his body in. Although his body quickly recuperates, Jason's mind is shattered. Talia takes Jason to her father and Jason spends months in the care of the League of Assassins. While Ra’s and his servants restore Jason’s sanity, they planted a seed of hatred and distrust of Batman that they hoped to exploit later.

Livid at the fact that Batman failed to avenge his death by killing the Joker and that Batman had done nothing more than imprison him again, Jason pursues his own brand of justice. In order to stall Jason from killing Batman, Talia agrees to finance Jason and aid him in his training, so that he may then become the second Red Hood

After Bane entered the League of Assassins, Talia's father, Ra's al Ghul, considers Bane a potential heir to his empire and wants his daughter to marry him. However, Talia rejected the international brute, regarding him as merely a cunning animal compared to the more cultured intelligence of his predecessor, and after Batman defeats Bane, Ra's agrees that Bane was unworthy of his "only" daughter.

During his travels in Russia in the 18th century, Ra's al Ghul met a woman with whom he had a daughter named Nyssa. Ra's abandoned Nyssa at a crucial time: She is tortured, and her entire family is killed in a concentration camp during the Holocaust. Seeking vengeance, Nyssa plans to use her considerable wealth and resources to kill Ra's by befriending, kidnapping, and brainwashing Talia, turning her into a weapon to kill their father. To this end, she captured Talia and, using a Lazarus Pit, killed and resurrected her in rapid succession, leaving Talia virtually broken from the trauma of dying and resurrecting again and again in so short a time. Rendered apathetic by her time in the camp, unable to feel anything, Nyssa also plans to assassinate Superman with kryptonite bullets she stole from the Batcave, hoping that, by uniting the world in one moment of tragedy, she would manage to feel something once more.

While Batman is successful in preventing the assassination of Superman, he is unable to stop Nyssa from killing Ra's. This, in turn, is actually part of a greater plan concocted by Ra's, who wanted to ensure that his daughters would accept their destinies as his heirs, and take up his genocidal campaign. Realizing and accepting this, Nyssa and Talia become the heads of The Demon, with Talia disavowing her love for Bruce Wayne as another result of her torture at Nyssa's hands.

After Nyssa's apparent death due to Talia’s machinations, it is revealed the child of Talia and Batman, Damian has been partially raised by The League of Assassins. Talia gives him back to Batman, as part of a grand scheme involving ninja man-bats and the kidnapping of the British Prime Minister's wife. Batman is unsure whether this is his son, but he attempts to deal with the spoiled, hot-tempered child anyway. Damian, effectively raised to be an assassin, kills a criminal and nearly kills Tim Drake, the newest Robin. Shortly afterwards, father, mother, and son confront each other on a ship which is destroyed by a torpedo. Talia and Damian survived the explosion, although Damian is injured severely and has undergone a transplant of all his major organs.

Talia is prompted to read the history of Ra's al Ghul to her son by a mysterious figure from Ra's past: the White Ghost. Unbeknownst to her, the White Ghost plans to use Damian as a vessel for Ra's return. However, mother and son manage to escape before the plan is completed. After the
the events that lead to the revival of her father and the Final Crisis where her lover and father of her son, Bruce Wayne, "dies", Talia leaves her son Damian in the care of Dick Grayson who eventually becomes the new Batman. Dick appoints Damian as the new Robin whom Talia aids when he is severely injured, most recently replacing her son's entire spine.

After Grayson frees Damian, Talia reveals to her son that she has begun cloning him after realizing that the Boy Wonder has completely sided with his father's circle during their confrontation. She is too much of a perfectionist to love her son after he has defied her in such a manner, and he is no longer welcome in the House of al Ghul.

Characterization: Although a member of her father’s criminal empire, and one of his closest advisors, Talia is often shown to be not as convinced of the goals of his enterprise as he is. One of the reasons for her doubt was her father's indication that she should choose Batman as a mate. Batman actually had a calming influence on her, and led to a less radical path than her father. Since then she has done other altruistic actions such as coming to Batman’s aid during Hush, or aiding in the resurrection of Jason Todd.

Friends and Foes: Despite Bruce’s usual refusal of her romantic advances, the two do share an attraction to one another (she often refers to him as "beloved"). The most obvious example of this is the consummation of their love in the form of Damian. However, the two generally recognize that they are opposites to one another but still maintain their love for one another. For instance, during the events of Legacy, when Bane was chosen as Talia’s new mate, she still wanted Batman to beat him in combat.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Arkrite wrote:Apparently we don't need to wear pants to fight evil. Just straps to hold our guns ;~)
Arkrite, you know that superheroes have been fighting crime in their underwear for decades. :)
I can't see underwear! ;~)

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Both show and comic were occasionally out for that, though initially the comic just had The Baroness take a few sexy "good girl" poses in earlier books - it mostly turned into a standard action story after that, with little thought or effort given to sexiness.

The CARTOON was often taking chances with stuff like having The Baroness wear a bikini for a full episode, while she and Lady Jaye often stripped down to VERY skimpy, cleavage-baring dresses or slips. They probably got away with more on that show than any other '80s cartoon. Nothing quite on the level of a nude-from-the-waist-down Lady Jaye with a strap going into her butt, though :).

Claire Redfield
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Claire Redfield » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:47 am

I always liked Poison Ivy. She's one of, if not my favorite Bat-villain. Even got to play her once in a short-lived Arkhamverse game. She's fun to build, though, since she has actual powers, and in some interpretations is quite powerful indeed.
Claire Redfield • Onyx Path Freelancer
Demon: The Descent, Blood & Smoke, Book of the Wyrm and Umbra 20