J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:28 pm

Tonight we have a new set of specials for LADIES' WEEK! This new special is the DIAL M FOR...

I don't know why I have this rep for being difficult. See? I am serene. And sweet...don't you agree?...

SAY IT! SAY I'M SWEET, OR I WILL TEAR OUT EVERY HAIR ON YOUR HEAD WHILE I BEAT YOU SENSELESS!!! SAY IT!!!

M
PL: 10 (177 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Deception 4 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Insight (+3), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 2 (+8), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+1/+3) [Attractive[/u]], Stealth (+5), Technology 4 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Languages (2) (French, 4 others, Base: English), Trance

POWERS:
Super Power Lottery: Protection 2, Impervious 4, Feature 1 (Longevity), Immunity 6 (All Environmental Conditions, Disease), Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Ultrahearing, Low-light Vision), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 24 pts
Perfect Recall: Senses 4 (Postcognition, Flaw: Limited to her own experiences); 2 pts
Flight: Flight 8 (500 mph/1 mpr); 16 pts
Short Range Telepathy: 17 pt Array; 19 pts
[i]Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 6 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Accurate 2, Reach 3 [15 ft]); 17 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 6 (Extra: Accurate 2, Reach 3 [15 ft], Flaw: Range [Close]), Communication 1 (Mental, 100 ft; Flaw: Diminished Range 2 [30 ft]); 1 pt
Memory Editing: Cumulative Affliction 6 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Transformed [memories], Extra: Accurate 2, Reach 3 [15 ft]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +10]
Short Range Telepathy +10 [Mind Control Affliction +6; Memory Editing Affliction +6]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +12 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Bitch: Monet has a reputation as a spoiled, selfish bitch. It's pretty much deserved, most of the time…
Prejudice: Mutant
Relationships: She remains close to her sister, the M-Twins, and has a complicated on-and-off romance with Jamie Madrox

Abilities 88 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 61 + Defenses 12 = 177 / 177

Build Comments: I never really read much X-Factor so I didn’t know much about Monet before I started researching for this build. Wow. She has one #$%$-ed up backstory. It’s so bad, I was going to change it, but I decided to leave it for the Thorpacoverse just because it’s SO epically convoluted, it feels like an old school DC background.

With her build, I was going to try and reign in her powers with an array but I decided not to for now. I figured I’d save that for when I get back in PC mode again.

Secret Origins: The eldest child of a wealthy ambassador, mutant Monet St. Croix was a spoiled, pompous girl. After her brother Marius, a student of dark magic, invited her to join him in world conquest, she scornfully rejected him. For this, Marius magically trapped her in the form of a red-skinned mute dubbed Penance. Believing their brother had killed Monet, her young twin sisters banished Marius to another dimension. Seeing Marius as the only way to return to normal, Monet followed. To spare their father from a broken heart at the loss of his favored daughter, the twins used their powers to merge with each other into a single being that duplicated Monet mentally and physically.

The Story so Far: As Monet, the twins were among those mutants captured by the techno-organic alien Phalanx race, who sought to assimilate mutants into their collective. The twins and their fellow prisoners were rescued by an ad-hoc X-Men team led by Banshee, and they went on to join Generation X, a team of trainee mutants at the Massachusetts Academy under co-headmasters Banshee and Emma Frost.

Meanwhile, after years of imprisonment during which Marius – now calling himself Emplate – used her as a source of sustenance for his energy-draining powers, Monet escaped to Earth. She was found by the Australian aboriginal mutant Gateway, who had been mentoring the twins, and he took her to the Massachusetts Academy. Initially distrustful, Monet soon accepted her new situation and ultimately joined the team. Eventually, the twins’ true nature was revealed, and they soon after merged briefly with their brother, learning Monet’s true fate. They next merged with the Penance form, freeing Monet but becoming trapped in it themselves. During a subsequent battle, Jubilee defeated Emplate with an explosion that also freed the twins from the Penance form.

Shortly thereafter, Monet’s father withdrew her from the Academy and took the sisters home. Monet was enrolled in a private boarding school in the Swiss Alps, where she soon discovered the headmaster was secretly a vampire feeding on students. Defeating him, Monet returned to the Massachusetts Academy and took the codename M. She was in a relationship with her teammate Everett Thomas (Synch), who was ultimately killed by a bomb planted by Emma’s sister, Adrienne. The students soon quit, and the Academy closed.

Monet and her former teammates Husk and Jubilee joined Banshee’s paramilitary X-Corps. Monet stayed on after the X-Corps was restructured into the X-Corporation, and also aided the X-Men’s Juggernaut against Black Tom Cassidy. Following the X-Corporation’s closure, Monet joined the staff of the mutant detective agency X-Factor Investigations.

M remained with X-Factor until her on-again-off-again love, Jamie Madrox, decided to close the doors. She briefly returned to the Jean Grey School but in effort to find herself, she decided to enroll at Gotham University where she ended up meeting Wendy Kuttler, who was secretly working as the new Oracle. Oracle figured out who she was and invited her to join the new Birds of Prey, which she initially declined. But after reluctantly assisting them against Daken, she agreed to join the team, since she felt they “need someone who knew what they were doing”.

Characterization: Monet is often seen as a spoiled, pretentious, self-centered brat. And most of the time that’s accurate. However, she has a good heart and a strong drive to help mutant-kind and become the hero so many believe she can be.

Friends and Foes: She remains close to most of her former X-Factor teammates and her twin sisters. She is generally on good terms with her ex-lover Madrox, but they haven’t been in contact much since the closure of X-Factor. She is quickly bonding with Huntress as their shared trait of being able to piss people off seems to draw them together. She and Black Canary are not off to a great start, though.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:37 pm

We've got another DIAL M FOR... Special as LADIES' WEEK continues!

Was it good for you? - Mileena

MILEENA
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Akrobatiks 9 (+15) [Accelerated Acrobatiks, Agile Feint], Athletiks 6 (+8), Klose Kombat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception 6 (+7/+9) [Attraktive], Expertise [Taktiks] 5 (+6), Insight (+3), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+1/+3) [Attraktive], Ranged Kombat [Throwing] 6 (+13), Stealth 6 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Acrobatiks*, Agile Feint, Attraktive (1), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Favored Foe (Kitana), Improved Kritical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (Tarkata, 1 other, Base: English), Martial Strike* (1), Move-by Aktion, Power Attakk, Ranged Attakk (3), Startle, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Kombat Training: Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 2 pts
Half Tarkatan Physiology: Senses 2 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute]), Feature 1 (Longevity); 3 pts
Kombat Array: 6 pt Array; 10 pts
Sai Blast: Ranged Piercing Damage 5 (Flaw: Easily Removable [-4 pts]); 6 pts
Sai Strike: Piercing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Split, Flaw: Easily Removable [-2 pts]); 1 pt
Kick from Above: Teleport 1 (60 ft), Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2; 1 pt
Neck Bite: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 2); 1 pt
Rolling Thunder: Affliktion 6 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited [target must be on the ground]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Twin Sai: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Defensive, Disarming, Split; 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +14 [Sai Strike +5, Kritikal 19-20; Kick from Above +4; Rolling Thunder Affliktion +6; Neck Bite +4, Kritikal 18-20]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +3, Kritikal 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Throwing +13 [Sai Blast +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: Kitana.
Monstrous Appearance: She loses her Attractive advantage if she removes her veil and exposes her large mouth with jagged teeth.
Motivation: Gaining power and eventually ruling in her "sister's” stead.

Abilities 64 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 15 + Defenses 20 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: I was thinking of more villains I could add to the Thorpacoverse so I figured I would grab a few from different media than comics. So I’m adding to my MK line with good old Mileena. She’s one of my faves from the game, even though my godson would always my ass with her.

Secret Origins: Mileena is a clone of Kitana, created by Shang Tsung's sorcery in his flesh pits for Shao Kahn, using Tarkatan physiology.

The Story so Far: Mileena was first introduced during the second tournament. Meant to be a loyal replacement for Kitana, she is physically and mentally damaged, her animalistic rage controlled only by Shao Kahn as she uses her lascivious behavior to lure victims and then slaughter and devour them. She is referred to by Shao Kahn as his "true daughter" and when Kahn appeared to be killed, his minions even discussed making her new ruler of Outworld. However, her very immature personality and behaviour gives them pause.

When Kahn reappeared, she remained his loyal second and is one of the key players in his alliance with (not saying yet ) in their plans to rule Earth.

Characterization: Mileena is a vicious foe, although she can be moody and immature at times. She despises Kitana, and feels that it is her own right to rule Edenia as Princess in her place. Her fondest wish is to kill her "sister", and claim her existence for her own.

Friends and Foes: Her greatest rival is Kitana, although she has fought many opponents in Outworld. She is loyal to Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung and has an uneasy alliance with Baraka.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:09 pm

Our last DIAL M FOR... Special wraps up the LADIES' WEEK builds for tonight! We've got a couple more tomorrow to lead us into another landmark build, #1100!

Speaking as someone who has been married for 17 years, I tend to think Kate has taken a few too many punches to the head... :shock:

If you read this, my lovely wife, I am TOTALLY KIDDING! XOXOXOXO!!!

MAGGIE SAWYER
PL: 5 (79 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise [Police] 5 (+7), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 2 (+5), Investigation 6 (+8), Perception 3 (+6), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Guns] 3 (+6), Stealth 2 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (GCPD Clearance), Equipment (5), Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Undercover Shirt: Protection 2, Limited to Ballistic Damage, Subtle; 2 pts
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology); 1 pt
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 1 (Cellular Communication); 1 pt
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Nightstick: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 1; 1 pt
Vehicle: (11 pts)
Full-Size Car: Size - L, Strength - 6, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 9; 11 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +2; Tonfa +3]
Ranged Attack +3
Guns +6 [Light Pistol +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +4 (+2 against Ballistics), Fortitude +4, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: She is working to restore her relationship with her daughter and is in a committed relationship with Kate Kane
Responsibility: To the serve and protect

Abilities 46 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 0 + Defenses 9 = 79 / 79

Build Comments: So they had the Batwoman trade at DC online for $5 so I downloaded it to the old iPhone and I dig it. I am loving Maggie Sawyer as Kate’s girlfriend, although I guess now they’re engaged but since the original creative team left, I don’t know where that story is going to go.

Anyway, Maggie’s been around the DCU for ages and I’m glad she’s getting some good run again. I like her in Metropolis and I like her in Gotham, too.

Secret Origins: Maggie Sawyer was born in Star City, and joined the police of her native city. When she rose to the rank of Lieutenant, she married her captain, James Buchanan Sawyer. They had one daughter together, Jamie, but the marriage stranded when Maggie determined she was a lesbian. The divorced, and Jim got the custody over Jamie. Maggie moved to Metropolis.

The Story so Far: In Metropolis, Maggie joined the Special Crimes Unit, working in situations that would normally require Superman but without the assistance of the Man of Steel. She also began dating Toby Raynes, a reporter for the Metropolis Star.

As Superman's primary police contact and a no-nonsense cop, she was a source of constant aggravation for the Man of Steel when she tried to prove that the police were more efficient than vigilantes. Eventually Superman rescued her during a terrorist plot and things were smoothed out between the two. Still, as a Captain, Maggie often overstepped her rank by ordering around officers who were above her, angering some. Following the death of Superman, William Henderson promoted her to Inspector, resolving the issue.

When Michael Akins became Commissioner of Gotham City, Maggie was transferred to head up Gotham City Police Department's Major Crimes Unit. This put a strain on her relationship with Toby, as the reporter opted to stay in Metropolis. After Harvey Bullock uncovered rampant corruption in Gotham PD, Maggie was one of the few people associated with Akins to remain on the force.

After the events of Final Crisis, Maggie and Toby's long-distance relationship ended. When she met Kate Kane at a dance, she asked Kate to dance and for her number. The two have been in a relationship pretty much ever since.

Characterization: Maggie has a reputation as a the by the book cop, but one that Superman, Batman and Batwoman have come to trust as an ally.

Friends and Foes: She has worked to try and keep a relationship with her daughter, although her ex-husband doesn’t make it easy. She is currently in a serious relationship with Kate Kane, the Batwoman.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

AFoolIsYou
Bystander
Bystander

Re: J-Mart: LADIES' WEEK! Pythona, Jinx, M, Mileena, Maggie

Postby AFoolIsYou » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:17 am

Speaking as someone who has been married for 17 years, I tend to think Kate has taken a few too many punches to the head... :shock:

If you read this, my lovely wife, I am TOTALLY KIDDING! XOXOXOXO!!!

:shock:
The fear radiating up from that is...its almost palpable...

...do you need us to, well, call the police? Or something...?
...I stared into the void, and it gave me a red bull, some candy, Dead or Alive 5 and told me to F@#% off...

"...A Cup of Awesome killed The Event Horizon..."
-Sips, Yogscast.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:54 pm

LADIES' WEEK is winding down! We've got just a couple more items before it ends, so check out this new item for our Image Aisle!

That cute and has tangled with Spawn AND Bomb Queen and lived? Sign me up.

NYX
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise [Magic] 13 (+15), Insight 7 (+11), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Magic] 7 (+10), Stealth 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Equipment (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Ritualist, Teamwork

POWERS:
Prestidigitation: Feature 1 (You can create minor illusions as “magic tricks” primarily suitable for entertainment, but potentially good for a circumstance bonus for interaction skills or to distract targets from other happenings); 1 pt
Mystic Senses: Senses 5 (Mystic Awareness [Mental], Detect Magic [Mental, Acute, Ranged, Extended]); 5 pts
Mystic Shield: Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained); 10 pts
Wiccan Magic: 33 pt Array; 41 pts
Mind Control: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Subtle); 33 pts
Hallucinations: Illusion 8 (All Senses, Extra: Selective, Flaw: Limited [one subject], Resistible [Will]); 1 pt
Scrying: Remote Sensing 10 (Visual, Auditory; 4 Miles); 1 pt
Dimensional Movement: Movement 2 (Dimension Travel 2, Mystic Dimensions, Extra: Increased Mass 5 [1600 lbs]); 1 pt
Somnambulant Spell: Cloud Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Asleep, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius]); 1 pt
Spell of Confusion: Concealment 10 (All Senses); 1 pt
Healing: Ranged Healing 10 (Extra: Persistent); 1 pt
Teleportation: Teleport 9 (2 miles/500 miles; Extra: Extended, Increased Mass 5 [1600 lbs]); 1 pt
Reveal All: Burst Area Nullify 10 (Concealing or Illusory Effects, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Simultaneous, Flaw: Range [Close]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
[i](5 pts)

Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Spell Components: Feature 2 (Provides various herbs, implements, etc. for Rituals and minor spells); 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +1; Knife +2, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Magic +10 [Healing +10]
Special Attack [Somnambulant Spell +10, Cloud Area; Mind Control Affliction +8, Perception; Reveal All Nullify +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +2 (+12 with Mystic Shield. +4 Impervious with Mystic Shield), Fortitude +7, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Dark Side: Her time in Hell and the exposure to the Hellspawn suit as tainted her and she sometimes has to fight to keep that darkness at bay
Enemy: Mammon, Bomb Queen
Motivation: Fighting the darkness of the world, especially that which comes from the Hells
Power Loss: Nyx needs to be able be to speak and gesture to cast her spells
Relationships: She is close to Spawn, Al Simmons

Abilities 44 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 57 + Defenses 22 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: So I was looking for some non-DC and Marvel female characters to add to my Outsiders team since I’m trying to get representation on all my Thorpacoverse super teams (at least the big names ones) from several sources. With my current roster, I was shooting for someone that fit the archetype of a blaster/flyer or a mystic. As I was researching this, I was reading Bomb Queen IV (I know, I know, it’s horrible, but I can’t stop…) and Nyx showed up to help defeat the Queen.

Not knowing much about her, I figured she’d be a good addition to the team since she’s not that well known, but has enough background from her time in Spawn that she’d work for the mystic role. Plus, I figure with the roster as is, I didn’t really need a blaster, I needed someone with more defensive and teamwork capabilities in case I follow through with the short storyline I was toying with for them. I was going to use Harry Dresden for that role as a cameo, but I have other plans for him with Nightwing in Chicago.

Secret Origins: Nyx’s real name is Carrie Ann and she began practicing magic by herself when she was four. Nyx took her pseudonym from the Greek goddess of night.

The Story so Far: During her first appearances, she helped Al Simmons recover his Hellspawn suit and they even become lovers. She told him about her deceased friends Lily and Thea. Wondering how her friend Thea is suffering in Hell, she asks Spawn to show her. She seized from the little taste of pain and sorrow in Hell.

While Spawn faced Violator and lost, Nyx was tempted by Mammon. He later found her while looking for Spawn and played with her mind showing her the pain and sorrow that Thea felt in Hell. While Simmons remained unconscious in a hospital, Nyx prepared to go to Hell and rescue her friend.

With the help of Mammon, she stole a part of Spawn's Necroplasmic energy, gaining Hellspawn powers and a Symbiote suit. While in hell, she allied with the Redeemer, who helped her in her way through hell. She finally found her friend's soul and released both the soul and the Redeemer, who faced Spawn when he tried to take his revenge against Nyx. After Spawn defeated the Redeemer, Mammon reminded her that she betrayed Spawn for her own purpose, and he took her magical powers away as a payment and punishment.

Sometime later, she managed her way to New Orleans and met a Voodoo Mambo called Suzanne Lefèvre, who believed that the angel that saved the world is a Loa. Nyx visited a faux Houngan who possessed the former arch Seraphim Zera's head, in an attempt to retrieve her lost magic. As soon as her severed head is seen, Zera possessed Nyx's body and killed the Houngan.

As Spawn is summoned by Mambo Lefèvre, he defended against Zera, refusing to actually harm Nyx. During the battle, Spawn stated that he had forgiven Nyx for her actions. Mambo Lefèvre took Zera's head and threw it to Mammon's beasts, which rid Nyx of the possession. After the battle, Mammon returns Nyx's magick to her, and Nyx learns of Al Simmons' worst crime.
Nyx played a crucial role when Spawn himself was taken captive by the sin eater demons who fed on the past faults of the victim. Using her magic - which has become more potent, surprising even her - she was able to overcome the several sin eaters to release Spawn and Richard Simmons, Al Simmons' brother. She then set up a barrier preventing Ab and Zab from leaving the house where the conflict occurred. Her powers also became instrumental in finding Al Simmons' parents who were trapped in a curse set up by Mammon preventing them from leaving their house and backyard, while making them invisible to the rest of the world.

Later, Nyx assisted in combating a killer who preyed on the winners of a manga contest attacking Erskine's psychic emanations. Her powers also allowed Spawn/Al Simmons to gain the assistance of his brother Marc Simmons who was investigating the murders.

After trying to lead a normal life for a while, she ended up battling The Bomb Queen in New Port City and after escaping her, and she assisted Spider-Man against a demon. Sometime later, he invited her to join Cage and Nightwing’s new Outsiders team and she accepted.

Characterization: Nyx has been tainted by some of the things she’s seen but she remains committed to fighting the good fight and battling against the dark forces of Hell and beyond.

Friends and Foes: She remains an ally of Spawn, although they don’t communicate often. She is becoming friends with her Outsiders teammates. She has earned the enmity of Bomb Queen and Ashe (who is actually the demon Desaraak) along with several over denizens of the Hells, like Mammon and Glasya.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Our last item in LADIES' WEEK run is hitting our TMNT Aisle!

The rat is the cleanest one... - April O'Neil

APRIL O'NEIL
PL: 6 (86 pts) - OPL: 6 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 3 (+4), Close Combat [Swords] 2 (+8), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise [Biochemist] 3 (+7), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 1 (+5), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion 5 (+7), Sleight of Hand 2 (+5), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 1 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Stockgen Clearance), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +1]
Swords +8 [Katana +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Baxter Stockman, Shredder and The Foot
Relationships: The TMNT and Splinter, Casey Jones

Abilities 46 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 0 + Defenses 17 = 86 / 86

Build Comments: If you have the Turtles, you gotta have April. She’s gone through several iterations over the years and I’ve liked them all OK for the most part. I’m glad they’ve gotten her out of the “damsel in distress” mode and made her able to hold her own, at least a little bit, in combat. My April is a combo of the one from the new comic series and the last CGI movie.

Secret Origins: April O’Neil is an nineteen year old college student and lab intern. She is the one who named the Turtles out of inspiration of her History of Renaissance Art 101 class. She was later attacked by a Foot Ninja in the Stockman Research Lab but is aided by non-mutated Splinter to make her escape.

The Story so Far: Deeply troubled by the experience, a few months later she begins taking self-defense classes with Casey Jones. Her associated with Casey leads her to be reunited with the Turtles who are now mutated teenagers skilled in the art of ninjutsu. She helps them break into Stockman Research Labs to rescue Splinter.

After learning of Stockgen’s illicit actions she becomes a double agent by making use of her access to aid the Turtles. She has assisted them on many adventures and remains one of their closest allies.

Characterization: April is a highly intelligent and strong willed young woman. Over time, she has taken up martial arts training from Splinter and becoming skilled in the use of katana.

Friends and Foes: She is a good friend to Splinter and the Turtles. She also seems to have an attraction to Casey Jones, and the feeling is mutual but neither has acted on it yet.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:03 pm

We've got another landmark build as we've reached BUILD #1100! Check out this new addition to our Villains' Line for Aisle 2!

Peace does nothing to test -- to INCREASE -- mutants' strength. To force them to evolve into the strong. - Apocalypse

APOCALYPSE
PL: 15 (333 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 15

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 10, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Athletics (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+11), Deception 3 (+10), Expertise [Genetics] 12 (+22), Expertise [History] 10 (+20), Insight (+8), Intimidation 8 (+15) [Daze], Perception 2 (+10), Persuasion (+7), Ranged Combat [Blast] 6 (+12), Stealth (+2), Technology 13 (+23) [Inventor], Treatment 3 (+13), Vehicles 8 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (7) (Status, Resources, Wealth – Leader of Clan Akkaba), Daze (1) (Intimidation), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (5), Inventor, Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (4)

POWERS:
Invulnerability: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Protection 4, Impervious 8, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 33 pts
Celestial Energy Control: 33 pt Array; 35 pts
Teleportation: Teleport 10 (4 miles/1000 miles; Extra: Extended, Increased Mass 3 [400 lbs]); 33 pts
Energy Blast: Ranged Energy Damage 16; 1 pt
Telekinesis: Perception Range Move Object 10; 1 pt
Telepathy: Mind Reading 10, Communication 3 (Mental, Statewide/Small Nation); 1 pt

Shapeshifting: Morph 4 (Any form), Variable 5 (25 pts traits; Physical Descriptor); 60 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Celestial Ship: (25 pts)
Celestial Ship: Size - L; Tough - 20, Features - Communications, Computer, Defense System, Infirmary, Laboratory, Living Space, Power System, Workshop, Healing Chamber (Regeneration 10), Space Flight (Flight 10; Movement 3 (Space Travel 3); 25 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +15]
Ranged Attack +6
Blast +12 [Energy Blast +16]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +18 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +15

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Apocalypse has been one of the most powerful beings on the planet for over 5000 years. Needless to say, he doesn't really think anyone else is his equal
Enemy: Cable, X-Force and the X-Men
Obsession: Making sure that the strong survive by testing humanity, mutantkind and superhumans

Abilities 136 + Skills 33 (66 ranks) + Advantages 21 + Powers 129 + Defenses 14 = 333 / 333

Build Comments: Can’t believe I haven’t gotten to Big A before now. Especially since almost every “see which superhero/supervillain you are most like” online quiz that I take puts me the most like him, which is part of why I chose my online moniker.

I really think they’ve done a good job of keeping him relevant over the years, even though some of the incarnations and arcs have missed, the newest with Genesis is a hit for sure. I'll get to Genesis in the not too distant future when I really hit the X-verse, which I have been putting off since it's such a big group to work through.

Secret Origins: Apocalypse is a mutant born 5000 years ago in Akkaba, and was abandoned as an infant due to his unnatural appearance. He was rescued by Baal of the Sandstormers who saw the child's potential power and decided to raise him as his own, naming him En Sabah Nur. Throughout his life, Baal taught Nur survival of the fittest, the philosophy that the tribe lives and dies by. At the same time, the time-traveler Kang the Conqueror had arrived in Egypt and became the Pharaoh Rama-Tut, intending to recruit the young Apocalypse. Rama-Tut learned that Nur had been raised by Baal and sent General Ozymandias with his army to destroy the Sandstormers and find Nur. Nur and Baal avoided the battle, having found refuge in a sacred cave before it collapsed. Both were severely injured, and Baal eventually died. Nur survived and vowed to take revenge on Rama-Tut. He traveled to Tut's city where he posed as a slave and drew the attention of Ozymandias's sister, Nephri, who became attracted to the mysterious slave. However Nephri rejected Nur upon seeing his inhuman appearance, and turned to her brother for protection in her panic. Heartbroken by this final rejection, En Sabah Nur's prodigious mutant abilities fully emerged in his enraged state, and he renamed himself Apocalypse. Rama-Tut fled the former slave's rampage, while Nur used his advanced technology to enslave and transform his former tormentor, Ozymandias, into a blind seer made of living stone to forever chronicle Apocalypse's future destinies. Fifty years later, Nur revisited Nephri, now an elderly Egyptian Queen on her deathbed, and mocked the loss of her beauty and vitality, in contrast to his own unchanged appearance, despite the passage of time.

The Story so Far: As the millennia pass, Apocalypse travels around the world to determine if his time of testing has come. He appears throughout history, encouraging civilizations to worship him as a god from several ancient mythologies and testing their strength by manipulating them into fighting wars of conquest, and claiming to have brought "growth, judgment, and destruction." Apocalypse begins to beget progeny, who faithfully followed him as the Clan Akkaba. At some point, Apocalypse discovers advanced alien technology, which he uses to transform and enhance himself. Apocalypse enters states of suspended animation, while he waits for mutants to become more common, leaving Clan Akkaba and Ozymandias to act in his stead while he sleeps. Apocalypse has some history of having fought the race of godlike immortals known as Eternals, primarily the members Ikaris and Sersi, having been referred to as their "Ancient Nemesis".

In the year 1013 A.D., Apocalypse seeks to destroy Thor, an enemy who will cause him trouble in the future according to information given by his former master, the time-traveling Rama-Tut (Kang the Conqueror). Apocalypse fights the Norse god into retreat in Scandinavia, only to suffer a devastating injury during their next encounter in the skies of London, as Thor attacks with his axe "Jarnbjorn" that has been enchanted to break Apocalypse's armor. Apocalypse retreats as Rama-Tut escapes with Jarnbjorn in hand. Odin identifies Apocalypse as "evolutionary caretaker of the Celestials", who granted Apocalypse his armor.

In the 12th century, Apocalypse would encounter the Eternal Sersi again, when he came across the crusader Bennet du Paris and awakened his latent mutant powers, transforming him into Exodus.

In Victorian London, 1859, Apocalypse encountered Nathaniel Essex, a British scientist, and through him, learns the scientific term for beings like himself – mutant. Coercing Essex and members of the Hellfire Club into working for him, Apocalypse plots the first steps in his quest for global conflict on an unprecedented scale. He uses his advanced technology to transform Nathaniel into Mister Sinister, and commands him to create a plague to ravage and transmute the population of the world. At the same time, the mutant heroes Cyclops and Jean Grey (as Phoenix) had been sent back through time to stop Apocalypse. Close to slaying the British Royal Family, Apocalypse is suddenly greatly weakened, and Cyclops and Phoenix manage to defeat him. It is revealed that Sinister had betrayed Apocalypse, seeing his vision of the future as madness, and had instead created a plague that attacked only Apocalypse, forcing the ancient mutant into his hibernation sanctuary.

In 1897, Apocalypse is awakened by his followers, in order to deal with Dracula, who is turning members of Clan Akkaba into vampires to battle Apocalypse, as revenge for his earlier defeat centuries ago as Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler). Apocalypse, with some assistance from Abraham Van Helsing, kills Dracula.
Apocalypse spends many years hidden, but awakes from his slumber due to the arrival of the mysterious time-traveling mutant Cable, who ironically, had come to the present to prevent the ancient mutant's awakening. Awakened almost a century earlier than he had planned, Apocalypse decides to examine the world and determine its conditions for testing. He grants superhuman powers to the terrorist known as Moses Magnum, who does his bidding by testing the strong and winnowing the weak, battling the X-Men and the Avengers. Apocalypse first crossed paths with the original X-Men team who were then organized as the mutant hunting group, X-Factor, when he briefly employs the Alliance of Evil, and orders them to capture the mutant Michael Nowlan. Apocalypse plans to use Nowlan's power-boosting mutation to provide mutantkind with unlimited power. This plan was foiled by X-Factor team.

Apocalypse later recruited mutants to serve as his Four Horsemen. Among them was Angel, whom Apocalypse saved from an exploding plane, granting him artificial wings after he had lost his own natural wings when they were damaged and had to be amputated in exchange for his servitude. The X-Factor member is reborn as Death, and is made the leader of the Four Horsemen. Apocalypse summoned the X-Factor team to his cloaked ship, which floats invisibly above the city. Apocalypse was interested in this group of mutants and had studied them, monitored their activities, and researched their origins and motives after learning of Professor Xavier and the X-Men. Apocalypse explained his scheme to unleash his Horsemen and destroy New York, and offers X-Factor a place at his side. In the end, the Horsemen are defeated by X-Factor, thanks to the help of both the reformed Angel after Iceman faked his death to bring Angel to his senses, as well as Power Pack. Apocalypse left his Celestial Ship for them and in return, takes the willing Morlock Caliban.

Apocalypse has been involved in many battles with X-Force, the X-Men, the Justice League, Avengers and Stormwatch over the years. He has had several incarnations of his Four Horsemen, with Wolverine, Hulk, Flash, Midnighter, Gambit, Bonechill and several other superhumans having heen served in different roles. Recently, In a massive assault on Washington, D.C., he was confronted by X-Force and Stormwatch Black and he was killed by a combined assault from Cable and Midnighter.

Ozymandias and Clan Akkaba have once again resurrected Apocalypse, but this time in the form of a child. In this form, Apocalypse seemed to have no memory of his past or his previous disregard for life. Ozymandias and the Celestial Ship took to tutoring and indoctrinating the child. To protect this young En Sabah Nur, The Final Horsemen, mutants collected over centuries, were activated. War, Pestilence, Famine, Death battled X-Force on the Blue Area of the Moon and nearly defeated them. However, due largely to Fantomex's illusions, the team apparently killed the Horsemen and Ozymandias. When they discovered the young Apocalypse, the team fought over what to do with him. The issue was rendered moot when Fantomex shot the boy in the head leading to Archangel taking his place as the instrument of the Celestials.

Apocalypse was cloned and raised by Fantomex as a hero, named Evan Sabah Nur. He tried his best to defeat the mad Archangel, providing the opportunity for Psylocke to attack him with the Seed of Life. After the battle, Fantomex decided to send Evan to Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Genesis' first day in school wasn't very good, as everyone could see that he looked like Apocalypse. When Deathlok came to the school to give a guest lecture, he told the students their possible futures. When he looked at Genesis, Deathlok saw a devastated world where Genesis became Apocalypse and destroyed the Jean Grey School and killed Krakoa and him. Deathlok ended the lecture and left. Evan was worried and followed him to ask Deathlok what he sees in his future. Deathlok answered that Evan is in the school to find out by himself. Later Deathlok tells Logan that Evan has great potential and may become their greatest savior or that he may trod upon their graves.

Later, after being called Kid Apocalypse, Evan started to read about Apocalypse. When Husk saw this, Evan told her that he knew the other kids think he looks like Apocalypse and he admits that there is a resemblance between them but that he will never be like Apocalypse. After saving Warren, who was trying to prove he was a real Angel by flying to heaven, Evan learns that Warren can see the essence of other people. Evan asks Angel what he sees when he looks at him. Warren told him that he can see only goodness inside him which made Evan happy, but the truth was Warren could only see the image of Apocalypse.

Characterization: Apocalypse has a simple philosophy that the strong survive and is constantly testing humanity and mutantkind to determine which will be the dominant species. He is a genius, a level of which humanity cannot comprehend and has knowledge of certain areas of biology, primarily genetic engineering and mutation, and technology that are far in advance of contemporary science and technology. This was not merely a result of his exposure to alien technology, as he was able to make significant new advances beyond the alien materials to which he was exposed to.

Friends and Foes: He has hundreds, if not thousands, of loyal followers in Clan Akkaba. While he has battled many of Earth’s heroes (and villains) over the years, his greatest foe is Cable.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: J-Mart: Nyx, April, BUILD #1100 - Apocalypse

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Nice Apocalypse build. I have never really gotten into the character of Apocalypse, but that's mostly because I'm not much of an X-Men reader. On occasion, but not a big one.

And on note of those quizes, I keep getting Green Lantern, Hulk and Spider-Man as my top "which hero would I be" results. Superman and Iron Man come second, followed by Robin, Supergirl, Catwoman, Batman, Wonder Woman and finally The Flash. For villains, I appear to be Dr. Doom with Lex Luthor as a close second, followed by The Joker, Mr. Freeze, Magneto, Apocalypse, Venom, Riddler, Kingpin, Juggernaut, Dark Phoenix, Poison Ivy, Mystique, Green Goblin, Catwoman and finally Two Face. So, I am most like GL, Hulk, Spidey, Doom, and Luthor... weird combination.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Congrats on build 1100 Thorp! You have been adding a lot of text with your posts lately. Fun to read.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:49 pm

kenmadragon wrote:. So, I am most like GL, Hulk, Spidey, Doom, and Luthor... weird combination.

A glowing green flippy giant mastermind in power armor. Sounds like a character idea to me. :mrgreen:

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Bladewind wrote:
kenmadragon wrote:. So, I am most like GL, Hulk, Spidey, Doom, and Luthor... weird combination.

A glowing green flippy giant mastermind in power armor. Sounds like a character idea to me. :mrgreen:

To the character creator! And given my own like for mystic things, I may have to make his power armor mystical rather than purely technological. Hmn... techno-magic perhaps?

Narsil
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Narsil » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:14 am

Well, Doctor Doom is already a wizard, so....
Narsil 2e
Narsil 3e

'Oil, an emergency? About time the people who run this planet of yours realize that to be dependent upon a mineral slime just doesn't make sense.'
-The Fourth Doctor, Terror of the Zygons

danelsan
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby danelsan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:04 am

Narsil wrote:Well, Doctor Doom is already a wizard, so....

And now, somewhere on the weird corners of the Internet, a fanfic spontaneously appears. It describes the adventures of a young Victor Von Doom while he learned magic in Hogwarts.
My DeviantArt page
Batgirl avatar by ArtNerdEm

Narsil
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Narsil » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:29 am

danelsan wrote:

And now, somewhere on the weird corners of the Internet, a fanfic spontaneously appears. It describes the adventures of a young Victor Von Doom while he learned magic in Hogwarts.

And its better cousin suddenly materialises thereafter...

Where Harry Potter is adopted by Victor Von Doom instead of the Dursleys.

'And you call yourself a Dark Lord!? My adopted dad runs a whole bloody country, all you're running is a bunch of thugs in masks!'
Narsil 2e
Narsil 3e

'Oil, an emergency? About time the people who run this planet of yours realize that to be dependent upon a mineral slime just doesn't make sense.'
-The Fourth Doctor, Terror of the Zygons

Blitz
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Blitz » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:30 am

Narsil wrote:
danelsan wrote:

And its better cousin suddenly materialises thereafter...

Where Harry Potter is adopted by Victor Von Doom instead of the Dursleys.

'And you call yourself a Dark Lord!? My adopted dad runs a whole bloody country, all you're running is a bunch of thugs in masks!'

I would read it. And I'd be laughing all the while. The application of technology to the Potterverse would result in a rolfstomping.

Return to “Roll Call”