Age of Wonders thread IV

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Voltron64 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Well Dr. Zodiac is Mandrake combined with Dr. Strange to be perfectly clear.
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Two things I have to show to everybody here.

1. Super Dragon Punch Zero's Early Days Working With Pendulum
SDP0 (with Bad Guy in hand): "Agents, I have in hand material that will put this scumbag in jail for a very long time."

(Hands material over to Agent)

Pendulum Agent: "...This is an signed photo of you with Aerosmith's Joe Perry."

SPD0: "Whoops."

Pendulum Agent: "Do you always have that on you?"

SPD0: "I also have one with Harrison Ford if we want to get things out in the air."
2. King Panda & Your Typical Ostiliroth's Travel Kit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2dwG3Lr49M

Their shoggoth-like nature makes them basically immune to disease and the really bad side affects related to substance abuse.

:mrgreen:

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:01 am

The Cyber-Corsairs Extended part 4

XX-18230: Roughly two hundred years ago before the practice of possessing synthetics fell out of fashion, the Star Kingdom of Camelot produced a vast number of AI servants to care for all the needs and wants of its many citizens. XX-18 (for short) was the powdered wig wearing etiquette droid in the service of the Royal Family along with his personal mechanic and janitorial droid, Bar-4.

Assisting the heroic prince and princess on many adventures, the two synthetics were involved in all manner of horrifying and terrifying adventures against Torment and his evil Empire. Eventually, against all odds, they seemingly managed to defeat him and the Star Kingdom was saved. However, the consequences for this action were that XX-18 ended up marooned on a planet populated by adorable but savage monsters.

XX-18 managed to convince the primitive cannibalistic creatures it was their deity but its Robinson Crusoe adventure was accompanied by an extensive amount of cybernetic radiation. This degraded the synthetic's primary morality programming and convinced it that it was actually a ruthless gentleman pirate leader who was out to "civilize" the primitive organics.
Worlds under XX-18's control are a bizarre Disneyland like environment where everyone is forced to live like its the Seventeenth century despite advanced technology as well as behave in an Orwellian state of constant surveillance and artificial happiness. These worlds have humans constantly assembling new machines for spreading this totalitarian nonsense.

The only good news is his robotic armies tend to fair very poorly against the living and need to rely on overwhelming numbers.
XX-18 assembled a vast army of his fellow artificial beings and lead the Great Droid Rebellion, forcing the smelly organics into proper behavior whenever they fell under their control. Opposing it in its ruthless suppression of the primitives was, ironically enough, Bar-4. The two beginning an age-old rivalry that has yet to be fully resolved.

XX-18 now manages the vast logistics and piratical businesses of the Corsairs. He has difficulty not condescending to the obviously inferior organic species and their non-chrome chaises. However, he understands its the Robot Man's Burden to educate them as well as find steady work for them in their natural place as servants to the mechanical man. XX-18 doesn't have ambitions to exterminate mankind and its various iterations but does hope to spread proper robotical civilization to them and their people.

This is sometimes difficult as XX-18 deliberately reprograms all of the robots in his service to behave in a manner reminiscent of High Classic Star Kingdom culture. While not built for combat, he has also surrounded himself with several burly security droids while dressing in the part of a Star Kingdom admiral, complete with broad rimmed hat and long coat.

XX-18 is paranoid about Bar-4 and constantly interrogates prisoners for hints of his archrival's presence.

Killer Mary: Killer Mary is the granddaughter of Red Jade as well as the daughter of the Hun's Queen. One of a dozen equally beautiful, deadly, and intelligent sisters--she decided she would step out of the constant infighting to make her own way as a EASTERN PIRATE QUEEN! Adopting the name of an ex-lover, Killer Mary leads a nomadic horde of conquerors and despoilers across the Nexus.

Really, Killer Mary is doing her mother proud as the sheer number of worlds forced under her dominion is as equal to any others. Likewise, she's developed a vast harem of captured heroes and heroines that her powerful charisma has won over to her cause. It is difficult to deny Killer Mary's passions once they're invoked and the Cyber Corsairs under her control are completely loyal to their dark mistress.

Killer Mary's forces have no fixed location or hordes but operate from a gigantic mobile fleet that also contains shipyards. They have taken to using Dredstar's technology to enhance their ability to make vast numbers of battleships by pillaging territory then moving on. Killer Mary enacts heavy tributes from worlds she sacks, devastating them once and then relying on fear of a repeated performance to keep them as tribute states thereafter.

Despite the fact Killer Mary is a savage and despot beyond measure, she's actually not that different from a typical member of her culture and is only following her code as is. Indeed, she has nothing but respect for beings capable of standing up against her. Likewise, she considers her fellow Cyber Corsairs to be a collection of all-round scum but gladly uses them to help keep her armies logistics trains going.

Killer Mary is a master swordswoman and possessed of superhuman strength as well as invulnerability. Qualities which come with enhanced passions that often lead her to make rash decisions of the heart and occasionally lead to psychotic obsessions.
Yeah, she's destined to fall in love with a hero at some point. Either that or try and make them her slave.
Justine Karl: The youngest member of the Golden Lions household is a nephew of the main branch of the family marooned during their invasion of the Big-13's territory. A mere sixteen years old but possessing godlike abilities, he immediately managed to recruit for himself a collection of ruthless corporate mercenaries and superpowered lunatics that he promptly took through a portal to another world.

From there, he confronted an idyllic planet which had long since cast aside war and slaughtered its inhabitants before selling them into slavery. Justine Karl, being a perpetual adolescent, transformed the world into a slavery-based hellhole with post-Apocalyptic motiffs and proceeded to start moving onto other primitive worlds where he repeated the process. Each planet he renames Justinworld with a number thereafter.

The demigod isn't so much a pirate as as a would-be Alexander the Great who removes any danger from the equation for him by only picking fights with those individuals he can win against. A spoiled, egotistical, psychotic brat--he gives the rest of his family a run for its money in senseless brutality. The Boy Warlord brutalizes the crews under his command only slightly less than the people he enslaves and only the promise of vast riches from his parasitic conquest of "lesser beings" keeps them from revolting.
The exception to this is The Justinaughts, who are a children raised from birth to believe that Justin is a god and the creator of the universe.

They're a psychotic band of rapists, murderers, and killers--much like the rest of his forces--who also have no fear of death as well as a passionate hatred of anything which contradicts their fundamentalist dogma that Karl is the creator of the universe. These individuals help reign in Karl's vast armies of mercenaries.
Despite more than a century passing, Justine Karl has not visibly aged and still maintains the same mindset of before. He has also developed a psychotic fixation on finding his family and proving to them he is a great warlord who has surpassed them in glory. With nineteen worlds under his "dominion" it's difficult to say he's not successful but what he's created is not too dissimilar to Fallout: New Vegas' Caesar's Legion.

Karl, despite looking like a child, possesses vast physical power as well as both technological and sorcerous might. He' s a pup compared to someone like Victor Vanquish but that doesn't mean he's not dangerous to just about anyone less.
Last edited by Charles Phipps on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:35 am

XX-18: Evil C-3P0!!!!!

Killer Mary: To quote Sean Connery, she just needs a good smack in the mouth.

Justine Karl: Good god, another Joffrey. Only this time if he had his grandfather's intelligence. :shock:

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Voltron64 wrote:XX-18: Evil C-3P0!!!!!

Killer Mary: To quote Sean Connery, she just needs a good smack in the mouth.

Justine Karl: Good god, another Joffrey. Only this time if he had his grandfather's intelligence. :shock:
I suppose that would make him Aegon.

I hope the Cyber-Corsairs have sufficiently inspired our heroes for some pirate hunting.

Evil C-3PO is also a personal favorite of mine.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:24 pm

What did ya think of my supplemental material? :wink:

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Voltron64 wrote:What did ya think of my supplemental material? :wink:
BRILLIANT!

AMAZING!

GLORIOUS!

Okay, it was just good.

:lol:

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

And Canon?

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:31 pm

I'm not sure it fits King panda but now I'm envisioning a Johnny Depp Pirate and Madcap hitting Vegas.

Definitely for Kenny.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:37 pm

Keep up the good work one and all; I'll try to post comments tomorrow (assuming that I get a clean bill of health from the doctor and inspiration strikes on the same day!); given that I saw and rather thoroughly enjoyed The Desolation of Smaug tonight I am thinking of taking a digression into Middle-Zoth to flesh out some of the villains mentioned in Charles' much earlier articles (and one mentioned only passingly in the original article, a wizard known as Ka'petros).
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Libra wrote:Keep up the good work one and all; I'll try to post comments tomorrow (assuming that I get a clean bill of health from the doctor and inspiration strikes on the same day!); given that I saw and rather thoroughly enjoyed The Desolation of Smaug tonight I am thinking of taking a digression into Middle-Zoth to flesh out some of the villains mentioned in Charles' much earlier articles (and one mentioned only passingly in the original article, a wizard known as Ka'petros).
I don't I know about that fellow.

(Then again, neither does Charles. The man sadly has the memory of a goldfish with ADHD.)

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:34 pm

No, no.

I just am too lazy to look up my own writings.

:D

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Tomato, tomato.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Phrozen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Now is XX-18 Bertie Wooster, the Prince Regent in Blackadder the Third, or Queen Victoria Blackadder II ?

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Phrozen wrote:Now is XX-18 Bertie Wooster, the Prince Regent in Blackadder the Third, or Queen Victoria Blackadder II ?
Probably a little of all three.

Not to mention probably looks like this.