[2e] Terminusscape[OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Re: [2e] Terminusscape[Recruiting 5 until 1/19]

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:05 pm

Alright, I have tinkered the Dragonborn to make room for the Dragon Aspect Form. I must note that if the Dragonborn cannot speak in some way, he cannot activate the Form (just like being unable to use Shouts when unable to speak). Also, the Dragon Aspect is Noticeable due to there being a Dragon Shaped Aura surrounding the Dragonborn when used.

Thus, the Dragonborn is finished unless there is more I need to fix.

Click Me to see the Dragonborn!

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:04 pm

The change looks good.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Re: [2e] Terminusscape[Recruiting 5 one day left]

Postby mrdent12 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:38 pm

There is 1 day left to get new character ideas in. After that I will give another day or to to get builds up for anyone who hasn't finished.

Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sriseru » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:41 am

mrdent12 wrote:I would be fine with the +0 ranged so long as it was explained. All I know of Yaujta is from the first predator movie, which is why I asked for clarification. If you want to go back to the +0 in light of the not getting to the point of getting ranged weapons it would be fine.

Oh, alright. Thanks, I'll do that. :)

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:51 am

mrdent12 wrote:Lilian:

-Sudden Strike: Perception range, Toughness DC 25, Variable weapon damage types (Linked: 400' teleport)

Is still listed under combat while the power has changed.

Oops, will fix.

The Kryptonian
Cohort
Cohort

Postby The Kryptonian » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:34 am

Updated Slayne with Complications, Background & Personality

Sorry about the delay, this week was crazy, charity dinners and my boss is going to Mexico for a few weeks, so handing over the reigns meetings. Fun times!
"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear ... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share--I'll never stop fighting. Ever."

Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sriseru » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:21 am

Alright, unless I've missed anything, Shadowblade's character sheet is now complete.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:33 am

mrdent12 wrote:I do have a couple reservations about the sheet though. My book isn't handy, so some of these concerns might already be addressed in the power. The Create Object power is fine so long as it is limited to nonelectrical, nonmechanical, and inorganic objects as well as not able to create objects with powers associated with them such as a sword or pointy stick that have mighty strike associated with them. Purely decorative swords would be fine. The Transform also worries me a little, but since it is not permanent or continuous lasting it is fine.

I'm glad you enjoy the character. :)

Create Object (and to a lesser extent Transform) is supposed to be the character's signature power, so 1) I want to at least occasionally do something clever and useful with it, like creating a duplicate of a key to get into a locked room, and 2) I want the power to have a certain grandeur to it -- to me, doing things like clapping my hands and filling a table with a buffet lunch is part of the flair of playing a genie, even if it's unlikely to be useful in the hero life. I am not so interested in the direct combat uses of the power like creating barriers, entrapment and dropping rocks on people.

I get that you don't want me summoning up free blasters, weapons, tanks and fire elementals and I don't intend to. Rather than putting categorical limits on it, can we just agree that my Create Object won't produce anything that normally would have to be paid for with pp or ep? Can I buy a bunch of equipment feats that are always unallocated at the start of each adventure and use the ep to pay for any created objects I make?

For Transform, I would like to have Continuous Transform because the Sustained duration one means I can't use the rest of the array while keeping things transformed -- and I want to do the "turn their weapons into dust" trick at least once without feeling silly because I've just disabled all my offensive power as well. The affected mass is small and as an attack it's pretty weak (rank 5 + attack 5 = PL 5). If you have specific concerns or things that you don't want me to use the power for, feel free to tell me.

Obviously you have the final say in everything, but I can't work with GMs that don't trust me at least a little on issues of balance and responsibility. I would like to be considered a creative partner instead of just a player whom the referee has to rein in with regulations. This isn't a threat or criticism, I just want you to know beforehand so that you can decide if I am a suitable player for your game. :)
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:34 pm

The Kryptonian:

The delay is no big deal. Life happens. As for the non mechanical bits, it is a well thought out and written back story and personality. The tie in to the Terminus is very interesting and opens numerous possibilities.

Sriseru:

The changes look good.

Ysariel:

First, in terms of transform now that I read through the power it seems fine even with continuous attached because of the mass limit of 50lb's. My main concern on the first read through was that Shirin could point her finger at a medium sized robot and change it to dust or turn a whole ship into a petunia. At 50lbs, it becomes a creative disarm in combat and a useful trick in other situations.

Second, in regards to Create Object, my worry there boiled down to Shirin creating a death laser, cloaking device, or other technology without building it. At that point the power becomes a variable to have anything. Creating the various parts and assembling the equipment I am fine with. So, as an example a crossbow would be too much, but the string, wood frame, arrow heads, and wood in the shape of bolts that need to be assembled would be fine. Whoever ends up using the equipment if its not an invention would need to pay for it with pp or ep.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:01 pm

Sorry about the delay but here is

THE SILVER HAWKE

Identity: Secret ID

APPEARANCE
Size: Medium
Height: 5'
Weight: 105 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 10
Power Points: 154
Max Attack: 8
Max Defense: 8
Max Save DC: 12
Max Toughness: 12

ABILITIES
STR: 34 (+12/+0)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 30 (+10/+2)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA: 16 (+3)

COMBAT
Attack +6 (Melee +8, Ranged +6, Silver Blast +10)
Damage: Unarmed +12 (Bruise); Blast +10
Defense +8 (+3 flat-footed)
Initiative +4

SAVES
Toughness +12* (+10 flat-footed)
Fortitude +11
Reflex +5
Will +8

* +8 Impervious

SKILLS
Bluff* 10 (+13); Diplomacy* 8 (+11); Gather Info 4 (+7); Knowledge -Art 4 (+5); Knowledge -Popular Culture 6 (+7); Notice 9 (+12); Perform -Wind Instruments 2 (+5); Search 9 (+10); Sense Motive 8 (+11)

* Includes +4 bonus from Attractiveness

FEATS
All-out Attack; Attack Focus, Melee (2); Attractive (1 or +4 bonus to Bluff & Diplomacy); Defensive Roll (2); Distract - Bluff (1); Dodge Focus (2); Improved Initiative (1); Interpose; Move-by Action; Power Attack; Taunt; Ultimate Effort - Toughness Save (1); Takedown Attack (1); Improved Grab

POWERS
ARRAY Enhanced Strength [24]
--- [a] Blast [10] (Feats Accurate x2, Precise)
Enhanced Constitution [16]
ARRAY Super Strength [6] (Feats: Shockwave, Super Breath, Thunderclap) (Dynamic Array)
--- [d] Flight [6]
--- [d] Quickness [6]
Impervious Toughness [8]
Immunity [5] (Environmental Heat & Cold; Pressure; Vacuum)
Comprehend 2 (languages), Feature 1 (appears as same species and ethnicity as the onlooker) (Free Power)

MOVEMENT
Base Move: 30 ft/60 ft/120 ft
Leaping: 20 ft/10 ft/5 ft
Flight: 4400 ft (500 mph)

LIFTING
Light: 30 tons, Med: 60 tons, Heavy: 90 tons
Max: 179 tons, Push: 448 tons

COMPLICATIONS
MIGRAINES - Mary is prone to very severe migraines which can strike without warning leaving her feeling fatigued and struggling to see.
MOTIVATION - Protecting the weak. Mary dislikes bullies and will stick up for the victim.
BEING TINY - Due to Mary's height she can find herself ignored and underestimated by others.
BEING HUMAN - Mary's parents never told her that they first found her as a baby in a crashed spacepod. As far as Mary is concerned she is a normal human being albeit with superpowers.

SUMMARY
Abilities 18 + Skills 13 (52 ranks) + Feats 17 + Powers 71 + Combat 24 + Saves 11 – Drawbacks 0 = 154 / 154

BACKGROUND
When the experimental dimensional rocket carrying the baby whom one day would become Mark Leeds or more well known as the hero called the Centurion broke the barrier between the dimensions it was bathed in cosmic energies. These energies changed the baby giving him the potential for enormous power and alerting Omega to the existence of another dimension but it also had another effect creating alternative capsules that traveled to their own versions of Earth.

Seeing a falling star crash to the ground while out driving one night, Jonathon and Martha Leeds found the capsule containing a small baby girl. Unable to have children of their own they adopted the child calling her Mary Leeds.

Mary grew up in a loving environment discovering at an early age that she was a lot stronger than everybody else and as she grew developed other powers. The Leeds helped teach Mary to use her powers responsibly and installed a strong sense of right and wrong in her.

In her teens Mary started making appearances as the Silver Hawke rescuing people and fighting crime, she was eventually offered membership into the team known as the Freedom Titans. However Mary's first love was music especially playing the flute and she turned them down wanting to study at the Freedom City Institute of Music rather than becoming a full time hero.

It was during her first year of study that the media reported unexplained lights and reports of strange beings appearing over the world, thinking nothing of it Mary continued her studies with the odd appearance as the Silver Hawke until the day the sky split apart and hordes of Omega Drones poured in. Joining the battle alongside almost every powered hero and villain in Freedom City, Mary fought never ceding an inch as others fell to the hordes until she found herself face to face with the Annihilist called Madrigal Martinet.

Charging into battle Mary landed a couple of solid blows before she was savagely beaten by the taller woman. As her vision faded she thought she heard the other woman say " ... obviously not the Centurion's get after all."

When Mary regained consciousness she was in a prison cell with a nullifer collar round her neck.

Edit 1: Added +2 Bluff, +1 Notice, +1 Search, +1 Fortitude, +1 Will, Improved Grab and replaced Groundstrike with Shockwave. New total 154.
Last edited by Gilliam on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:08 pm

The character looks like it has a lot of potential and I like the incorporation of the Perform -Wind Instruments skill inclusion. For this game I am not sure about the popular culture knowledge skill in the generic sense. Of course, that could all change depending on the back story.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:14 pm

Gimmie 1 hour. I just saw this thread 1 minute ago.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:22 pm

No worries. Like I said earlier, as long as interest is expressed before the deadline I will give an extra day or two. I still need time to finish up the initial episode.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:22 am

I love how Silver Hawke breaks the stereotype of tall, blonde paragon.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:35 am

kenseido wrote:I love how Silver Hawke breaks the stereotype of tall, blonde paragon.

....because she's short?
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Return to “M&M Game Room”