World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Post by Shock » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Tattooedman wrote:Dark Blast I: Ranged Mystical Force Damage 10 (Feat: Improved Critical)
-Dark Blast II: Ranged Mystical Damage 10 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Fortitude]); (Feat: Improved Critical)
-Dark Claws: Strength-Based Mystical Damage 2 (Feat: Improved Critical 2)
-Dark Tendrils: Move Object 10 (Feat: Precise)
I think you've got this costed wrong. Dark Blast 2 should be 31 points by itself due to the Alternate Resistance Extra.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:44 pm

Shock wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:Dark Blast I: Ranged Mystical Force Damage 10 (Feat: Improved Critical)
-Dark Blast II: Ranged Mystical Damage 10 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Fortitude]); (Feat: Improved Critical)
-Dark Claws: Strength-Based Mystical Damage 2 (Feat: Improved Critical 2)
-Dark Tendrils: Move Object 10 (Feat: Precise)
I think you've got this costed wrong. Dark Blast 2 should be 31 points by itself due to the Alternate Resistance Extra.
Nope, I've House Ruled that Alternate Resistance is a +0 modifier.

I keep forgetting to add that to the 1st page of the thread where I list all the House Rules.....
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:19 pm

Alternate Resistance only changes the cost if the new resistance would cause an advantage for the attacking character, that's why it's a +0 or +1/rk in the book. Most often there's little or no change between Toughness and Fortitude Resistance, so an Alt. Resistance Fort would most likely be a +0. Now, since most characters are Fort shifted, an Alt Res Will would likely draw the +1/rk.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:26 pm

That would differ from target to target though. I think it's probably right that it'll even out in the long run.

Epitaph has an Alternate Resistance attack so I'm OK with this change :D

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:13 am

Horsenhero wrote:Alternate Resistance only changes the cost if the new resistance would cause an advantage for the attacking character, that's why it's a +0 or +1/rk in the book. Most often there's little or no change between Toughness and Fortitude Resistance, so an Alt. Resistance Fort would most likely be a +0. Now, since most characters are Fort shifted, an Alt Res Will would likely draw the +1/rk.
that's my understanding as well
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:48 am

Shock wrote:That would differ from target to target though. I think it's probably right that it'll even out in the long run.

Epitaph has an Alternate Resistance attack so I'm OK with this change :D
Well, it's a generalization, but so is treating it as if it didn't cause havoc with saves. Generally speaking, more characters are Toughness/Fort shifted than Defense/Will shifted, so changing a save from toughness to fort...+0, but from toughness to will? I'd give that a +1 mod, because more often than not, that's going to be a far more effective attack with that change. Same thing with afflictions that target dodge or parry as opposed to fort. In general, the resistance check becomes less likely to succeed, so the cost of the power goes up.

I have no problem with T-Man's houserule, but I can certainly understand why the Alt Resistance rules are written the way they are in the RAW.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Gremlin

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:07 pm

Tattooedman wrote:Image
Gremlin:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 4
Fighting 6
Intellect 4
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics 8 (+10), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 8 (+12), Expertise [Science] 10 (+14), Insight 8 (+10), Investigation 6 (+10), Perception 10 (+12), Ranged Combat [Blasters] 4 (+12), Sleight of Hand 8 (+12), Technology 15 (19),

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Durable Lie, Eidetic Memory, Evasion, Hide In Plain Sight, Hide Tampering, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 4, Second Chance [Technology Skill Checks], Skill Mastery [Technology Skill], Ultimate Effort [Technology Skill]

Powers: Gremlin Armor: (Removable –27 pts) [110 pp]
Built-In Blasters: Range Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feat: Variable Descriptor [any electromagnetic energy])
-Built-In Blade: Strength-Based Slashing Damage 6 (Feat: Improved Critical 3)
Environmental Seals: Immunity 8 [All Environmental Conditions, Disease, Suffocation]
Flex-Mesh Layers: Protection 8
Jump Jets: Leaping 5 (Feat: Move-By Action)
Radio: Feature 1 [Built-In Communicator]
Sensors: Senses 10 [Vision (Acute, Analytical), Darkvision, Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Detect (Energy [visual]: Acute, Analytical, Ranged)]
Size & Mass Control: Shrinking 20 (Extras: Increased Duration [Continuous], Normal Strength); (Feat: Atomic)
Tool Kit: Enhanced Advantages 2 [Equipment (5 ep of tools), Improvised Tools]

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +8 // Blasters Attack +12

Offense: Dodge +12*/+6 [*Shrinking rank 12]
Parry +12*/+6 [*Shrinking rank 12]
Toughness +10*/+2 [*Gremlin Armor]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 50+ Skills 32+ Advantages 17+ Powers 110+ Defenses 14= 223 pts.

Height: 5'10" (varies)
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
My Tech Skills Are Better: Gremlin is driven to prove that his technological aptitudes are better than the people whose tech he is sabotaging.

Motivation: Gremlin's skills and services can be bought by anyone willing to pay his fee.

Background: Spencer Rhames was a smarter than average teenager who breezed his way through high school and upon graduation he was recruited by representatives of Fabricators Inc. Over the following two years Spencer was pushed to his intellectual and physical limits as he was trained in the art of industrial spying, also known as industrial espionage.

Once his training was completed, Spencer was sent out on assignments from which he became well known over the years within his department for being a professional who specialized in the theft of intellectual property, though Spencer would engage in sabotage when his superiors called for it.

Eventually Spencer was assigned to steal the blueprints for the Albright Institute’s Micron Armor and it turned out to be the most difficult assignment of his criminal career. But despite all of the obstacles that were in his way, Spencer managed to achieve his goal and he returned to Fabricators Inc. where he was richly rewarded for his efforts. However months later once Fabricators scientists finished building their first working model they learned that the blueprints they had been working from was actually a forgery with several in-depth deceptions that resulted in their armor fusing into a pile of worthless slag.

It seems that Spencer decided to make a new opportunity for himself with his last assignment – stealing a copy of the blueprints for the Micron Armor which he kept for himself while giving his superiors at Fabricators a carefully doctored fake he’d made while undercover at the Albright Institute. Spencer then took the large cash bonus he’d been given and hired the Foundry to build him a slightly customized version of the Micron Armor and brokered a deal where the Foundry would receive 25% of all of his profits for the next two years to pay off his final costs.

It’s been a few years since Gremlin started working for himself, having paid off the Foundry just recently and so far things seem to be working out just like he planned.

Notes & Comments wrote:While he has 20 ranks in Shrinking, Gremlin normally only uses a rank 12 (which makes him about 6 inches tall) when fighting and that is what is reflected in his stats here.
I hate to waste space here in my thread, so with that in mind here's a new character I've put together and put in an space that was caused by a double post a while ago.

Gremlin's pretty straight forward in his usual tactics and normally a group wouldn't notice him until either a) their tech member starts having trouble with his/her special gear or b) they run into him while he's on a job somewhere. Given his bonuses from Shrinking, Gremlin could maybe be a handful to deal with especially since he's not much of fighter, he's more likely to take a couple cheap shots then use his armor to shrink out of sight and slip away.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

The Fall Guy

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:15 pm

the Fall Guy:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 5
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 4 (+7), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise [Current Events] 3 (+3), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+4), Expertise [Stuntman] 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 4 (+6), Investigation 4 (+4), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat [Pistols] 4 (+8), Stealth 4 (+6), Technology 4 (+4), Vehicles [Land] 4 (+6)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Equipment 2, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 2

Powers: Almost Immortal: Regeneration 10 (Extra: Persistent); (Feat: Diehard)
Enhanced Immune System: Immunity 2 [Disease, Poison] (Flaw: Limited [Half Effective])

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4 // Pistol Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +5
Fortitude +8
Will +7

Equipment: Cell Phone
Desert Eagle (heavy pistol): Ranged Ballistic Damage 4

Costs: Abilities 44+ Skills 22+ Advantages 11+ Powers 22+ Defenses 16= 115 pts.

Height: 6’
Weight: 193 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Disfigured: Even though Lee’s regeneration easily deals with any injure he might suffer while on a job the scars of those injuries last for a couple of weeks, thus he tends to have a lot of them at any given time.

No Fear: Lee tends to act before thinking things through, trusting in his powers to keep him going.

Sucker For A Pretty Face: Lee can't help himself when it comes to women, he'll get involved in their problems just because he's a guy and their a woman. Sometimes this can get him into more trouble than he expects.

Background: Lee Jablonski was just another Hollywood stuntman who struggled to pay his bills even though he was doing a job he loved. It was while on location in Alaska shooting scenes for an action moving that was supposed to feature the lead character having a gun fight while climbing down an icy mountain that a poorly checked explosive went off with more force than had been intended – which triggered an avalanche that caught Lee and carried him away from the film crew and stranded him near some unearthed Omlevex for several hours until he was rescued.

When Lee woke up a few days later in the hospital, he discovered that he’d been gained incredible regenerative powers that make him nearly immortal and that his immune system had been boosted to near superhuman levels as well. By the time Lee was released from the hospital a couple days later he already knew how he was going to get the most out of his newly gained powers – moonlighting as a bounty hunter.

Quickly finding a bondsman to work for, Lee found that much of his skillset as a stuntman could be applied to his new job and soon found himself in situations where his powers saved his life and allowed him to bring in his bounty. Over the past couple of years Lee has developed a reputation as a skilled and determined bounty hunter who is able to bring pretty much anyone.

He now often gets offers of work from various bail bondsmen across the country and usually what Lee does is work out a schedule based on the location of the movie he’s working on and he’ll contact the bondsmen in the area to see what kind of work they have for him.

Notes & Comments wrote:I’ve been trying to develop the idea that superhumans are becoming more and more common in the world setting so I’m going to try and do some builds that reflect this.

The Fall Guy is the first of them.

Basically a badass normal with a serious healing factor, Lee goes all over the country bringing in the bad guys. While he can’t really do much to a super villain he could definitely handle their mooks, which might make it a bit easier for him to show up in a interlude in the future….

I’d also like to point out that Lee’s powers are based on Arthur Eld’s build of the same character.

-- Chiun

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:51 pm

I used to watch that show when I was a kid, though I'd thought it co-starred Bruce Boxleitner, not Doug Barr. Then I remembered Bruce was in a different show that I liked...The Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:52 pm

That would be a remake that I could get behind.

Why not- they remake everything else. :mrgreen:

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:29 pm

catsi563 wrote::mrgreen:

heheheh
Yeah I remember that show....one I used to sit & watch it with my Dad every week when I was a kid. Love those old Lee Major shows.....

When it came to this Fall Guy I decided to have a bit of fun with his name. So obviously his first name is Lee, but Jablonski?

Well after digging through the lists of the shows Lee Majors has done over the years (which is more than you might think) I recalled a show in the 90s where Majors was the sidekick to the show's lead, a show called Raven. It wasn't bad, wasn't all that good either but the fights were good. But anyways
I'm rambling, point is Lee Majors' character's name on that show was Herman "Ski" Jablonski.

Put the two together & I thought it was a pretty original sounding name.

Plus there'll be other characters from 365 Supers, there are some good ones that just beg to be used.
Horsenhero wrote:I used to watch that show when I was a kid, though I'd thought it co-starred Bruce Boxleitner, not Doug Barr. Then I remembered Bruce was in a different show that I liked...The Scarecrow and Mrs. King.
I miss seeing Boxleitner on tv.....I always did like him.
Spectrum wrote:That would be a remake that I could get behind.

Why not- they remake everything else. :mrgreen:
True enough. I could list a few shows I'd like to see remade with current fx abilities.

Werewolf

Simon & Simon

Airwolf

Riptide

and of my personal favorite among these listed, Magnum, PI (though it would be difficult to replace Tom Selleck).
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:46 pm

What about Manimal? Now that was quality *cough*cough* televsion. :lol:

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:01 am

Tattooedman wrote: Well after digging through the lists of the shows Lee Majors has done over the years (which is more than you might think) I recalled a show in the 90s where Majors was the sidekick to the show's lead, a show called Raven. It wasn't bad, wasn't all that good either but the fights were good. But anyways
I'm rambling, point is Lee Majors' character's name on that show was Herman "Ski" Jablonski.
My mind went first to the Highlander: the Raven series. Or the 90s wrestler.

I think that I saw something about Magnum PI remake, with potentially a much older Tom Selleck.

And while we're reminiscing..

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Sidious » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:52 am

I agree with Werewolf, fortunately the Eps are on youtube to watch.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.