NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #13: Explode (IC)

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:06 pm

The Blue Knight

He shook his head, a bit miffed. "I didn't contradict ya because-" Well, mostly because he was used to trusting his partner, and arguing in front of someone else you disagree with, like Gaspar, only hurts your position.

"Well, cuz I agreed with you, in theory. But I'm not hitting him again. Did that earlier, and now look where we are. We need a real solution."

He gently set Astrid down and jerked a thumb at Kas when Lamperouge and Ddraig arrived again. "Kas tore into him. I tried to reason with him back in Berlin, but he don't wants to hear. You Lamperouges are real bright, ya? Maybe you can think of somthin." This kind of therapy stuff wasn't his strong suit. Give him a fight with Vitriol any day.
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
Condition: Bruised & Injured
HP 6 LP 2

Kas nodded at Blue Knight's explanation. "Gaspar is taking out his depression and self-pity on everything around him. I tried to calm him down...after I wound him up, so he would blast me. He isn't buying my Karl Jung routine, so somebody else needs to give it a go."

"I can't pander to his woe is me act, but if he keeps this up, we may have to do something drastic just so we can concentrate on the job at hand as opposed to this infantile cry for attention."

Kas shook his head in disgust. There was nothing worse than a super-powered drama queen.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:29 pm

Violet Lear
HP: 1

"We're just around the corner from Lux. It's not far." Violet gave him the name of the store they'd followed Matthias into. "I told you Eve went after him. It's no worry. She'll catch up to him. Likely she's got him already."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:32 am

THE WOODS (Blue Knight, Greystone, Magnitude; NPCs: Drifter, Lluvia, Verve)
"What brought it on?" the Drifter asked.

"Kas tore into him," Blue Knight explained. "I tried to reason with him back in Berlin, but he don't wants to hear."

"Gaspar is taking out his depression and self-pity on everything around him. I tried to calm him down... after I wound him up, so he would blast me. He isn't buying my Karl Jung routine, so somebody else needs to give it a go." Magnitude looked to the Welsh Nephilim. "Can you take him out without hurting him too badly?"

Blue Knight shook his head. "I didn't contradict ya because... well, cuz I agreed with you, in theory. But I'm not hitting him again. Did that earlier, and now look where we are. We need a real solution."

"I can't pander to his woe is me act, but if he keeps this up, we may have to do something drastic just so we can concentrate on the job at hand as opposed to this infantile cry for attention."

Blue Knight looked to the Drifter. "You Lamperouges are real bright, ya? Maybe you can think of somthin'."

Drifter nodded, then looked to Greystone. "Can you get me in closer? All this wind..."

Greystone obliged, and carried her closer. Once she was close enough, Drifter put her hands on the sides of his head and pulled him into a kiss.

Slowly, the storm seemed to subside.

When the wind and the rain died down, Drifter stopped making out with a dumbfounded Gaspar.

VIENNA (Violet and Eve; NPCs: Matthias and Wolf)
"I'm on my way," Jakob said before hanging up. Checking her phone, Violet saw where Eve had cornered Matthias. It wasn't far, and with Wolf in tow, she was there shortly.

"He says he doesn't want to talk about it," Eve offered once they had arrived at the gas station. "He says he just wants to go home..."

"Fine by me," Wolf said. "Let me grab him..."
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
Condition: Bruised & Injured
HP 6 LP2

As the wind and the rain died down, Kas leaned in close to Blue Knight and muttered. "I don't care if he summons a biblical flood. I'm not kissing him until he takes a shower and brushes his teeth."

Leaning back away, he turns toward Jack. "Did you get the clothes?"

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:07 pm

The Blue Knight

He cracked a grin at Kas. "Some days, being a hero ain't easy, ya."

He looked to Gas. "Think we can move along now?"

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:28 pm

Violet Lear

Violet texted Jakob to let him know where they were. Then she approached the gas station and called out to Matthias. "Mat, come on out! We just want you to be all right!" She poked at Wolf. "And you better be nice."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:13 am

THE WOODS (Blue Knight, Greystone, Magnitude; NPCs: Drifter, Lluvia, Verve)
As Greystone handed over the clothes, the Drifter looked back to Magnitude. "We ran into Gitta back at the house." She smirked at the American boy as she mentioned Magnitude's sister. "We also failed to mention any injury, for fear she would send an army of liveried servants with us. That may turn out to be serendipitous: we don't have to commit to any story, and can use the storm as an excuse for your blindness.

"We may want to keep the exact nature of Gaspar's powers a secret for now: if they learn he can summon a storm, they may equate him with the catalyst behind the herzog's 'new-found' blindness."

Gaspar's expression turned sullen then, and clouds began to gather. "Hey," the Drifter said to him, "don't worry about it."

"Your job would be easier if you just killed me now."

"Are you kidding?" the Drifter asked. "Gaspar, killing you only makes things worse. I've seen other worlds: I've witnessed what happens what you make that sacrifice. Gaspar, as you lay dying, your emotions shift, summoning a storm unlike any I'd ever seen--one that doesn't end once you die. We need you, Gaspar. We need you to keep that possibility from ever coming to pass."

Gaspar looked alarmed. He had no idea that the young woman was lying through her teeth--giving him something to live for.

"If we're good," the Drifter said, looking to the others, "we need to head back to the manor. We'll reveal Kasamir's injury during the storm, claim it took his sight, and move on. It would do to head for Vienna--to convalesce there--and plan our next move."
Michuru81 wrote:Unless anyone has anything to add, we can wrap this group up for this session.
Wolf rolled his eyes. "When am I ever not?" he mumbled.

Matthias came out, but kept his eyes on the ground. "I j-just want to g-go home," he stammered.

"Okay," Eve said, "we're just worried about you-"

"I'm f-fine. Can we j-just s-s-stop t-talking about it?"

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:09 am

Violet Lear

"Yeah, it's fine. There's nothing to talk about." Violet touched Mat's arm briefly. "See you later."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:15 am

Matthias said nothing. He simply walked away, leaving Wolf to run after him.

Eve looked to Violet. "Ready to head back?"
Michuru81 wrote:Unless we have anything else, Shock? We can wrap the session up.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #14: Fly (IC)

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:15 pm

NEW VINDICATORS ACADEMY OF EUROPE #14: Fly

Monday, March 16, 2009

FIRST PERIOD: CATARGI’S CLASSROOM (Martin Curie; NPCs: Catargi, Buddy Kiriakis, Mary Ljungdahl, Matt Santos, Dag Schkenberg, Ellen Woolf)
There were two empty seats in Miss Catargi’s classroom: one belonged to Kasamir Flaegler; the other was normally occupied by Harry Percy. Two days ago, the headmaster had delivered a strange announcement at dinner: five students would be away from the school for an indeterminate amount of time. Jack, Kas, Harry, Astrid, and Gaspar—when had Gaspar come back?—were away.

Martin was one of the students summoned to the headmaster’s office later. With a few exceptions, it seemed as though every student who had gone to Laputa had been called in—only Dag and Tatjana seemed to have not been invited.

“Earlier today, an emissary from another dimension arrived,” Newton had explained. “She claimed to be from an alternate timeline. She claimed to need their help in preventing a war. In a flash of light, they were gone. As ridiculous as this business of alternate timelines may sound, I find myself trusting this girl’s story. I do not, however, like the idea of five students being abducted like this. Nevertheless, I lament that I am helpless to do anything here.

“I have asked Mister Manuel to see to trying to invent some sort of method to follow after them, and will exhaust every resource I have in finding a way to bring them back. At the moment, however, I have no other information at this juncture.”

Things had been so calm following the defeat of Laputa and his parents. Now, it seemed as though that peace was being threatened: the mages’ endangering anyone to find Tallemaja, these warlords in Uganda, and now this business in another dimension… When it seemed as though things couldn’t possibly get any worse, Quintessence opened the door of the classroom, and poked his head in.

“Pardon me,” he intoned, “but may I borrow Mister Curie?”

Outside in the hall, Quintessence opened a gateway to the headmistress’ office. There, Otso, Viktor, and Mira were waiting for them.

“Time is of the essence,” the headmistress said. “Quintessence will brief you on site.”

Quintessence turned and opened another portal. As they each passed through the portal, they were handed a black windbreaker, with a white ‘V’ across the back. On the other side, they found themselves on a hillside, overlooking a lake. A quiet, peaceful village was nestled amongst the trees. It was hard to believe any crisis could unfold here, and yet it quickly became obvious what that crisis was: over the lake was a girl, slowly falling up into the sky, screaming in terror.

“A girl just manifested the power to fly, and apparently can’t figure out how to land,” explained Quintessence. “Say hello to your mission.

“Say hello to Lydia Amânar—Alina’s younger sister.”
Michuru81 wrote:]You are now in Băile Tuşnad, Romania. Enjoy!
FIRST HOUR: BOTTOM’S CLASSROOM (Lex Murphy; NPCs: Bottom, Rose Caspian, Doug Droll, Lena Gruber, Mike Mitchell, Lex Murphy, Tatjana Nelson)
As Music Class began, Bottom turned to a new girl. Lex had seen her around yesterday—Fiore and Mike were giving her showing her around, but he hadn’t really been introduced… “Everyone,” Bottom said, “this is Rose. Rose, this is everyone.” The ageless man looked to the fetching new girl with a quizzical expression. “I’m told you play the violin?”

Rose nodded. “And the piano,” she offered.

“Anyway,” he said, turning to face the rest of the class, “everyone make her feel welcome.”

“Hi,” said a bashful Doug. “I’m Doug. It’s nice to meet you.”

Rose stared at him disbelieving for a moment. “Not even in your dreams, dork,” she said, shaking her head and turning away.

SECOND HOUR: ASHWORTH’S CLASSROOM (Violet Lear; NPCs: Ashworth, Rose Caspian, Elle Curie, Doug Droll, Mike Mitchell, Steven Murphy, Sarah Nelson, Anne Newton, Mouloud Poundstone, Herta Radikovich, Lexus Rauf, Eve Robbins, Finn Wake, Kelly Walsh)
The bell rang, signaling the start of the second period. For Violet and Eve, that meant Modern Western Civilization, with Mister Ashworth. Friday, they had left off in the midst of the French Revolution—with the assault on the Bastille. Now, it seemed, the Women's March on Versailles would have to wait until after introductions were made: Ashworth stood at the front of the classroom, beside Rose Caspian.

Rose was garbed in a Houndstooth blouse and skinny black jeans. The heels she wore made her look almost as tall as Ashworth. “There’s a seat open next to Sarah,” the man said, gesturing to the seat normally occupied by Harry Percy.

As Rose made her way to her seat, her eyes fell on the visibly-pregnant Sarah. The Italian girl stifled a laugh as she sat down.

THE OTHER WORLD: HOFBURG PALACE (Harry, Jack, Kas; NPCs: Astrid, Drifter, Gaspar, Gitta)
A limousine picked their party up at the train station, and took them to the palace. Though Drifter wanted to avoid the other Flaeglers—for fear they might see through their ruse—that was not to be avoided. Gitta had sent word to Germany, telling them of the storm that had left her brother blind, and though their plan was to “rest” in Vienna, it seemed as though worry was bringing the Herzog’s family anyway.

Still, they had not arrived yet, and after a day on the train, Gitta was still unaware that Kas wasn’t exactly who he purported to be. That was thanks to Drifter feeding Jack to the lions: “Keep her occupied,” she had told him. “The less time she has with Kas, the better our chances of masquerading as the Herzog.”

Fortunately, he hadn’t been forced to sit in the private car alone with Gitta: Gaspar, wanting time away from Kas and Harry, had volunteered to keep the couple company.

The limousine pulled up outside of the palace—the home to the Habsburg family—where legions of servants waited outside with a teenage boy who couldn’t have looked more out of place if he tried…

Surrounded by white men, the boy’s skin—the color of dark brown sugar—made him stand out. His black hair stood out against their fair hair, and his expensive suit further displaced him from their liveried uniforms.

“Herzog Kasamir Flaegler,” he intoned, as Kas was led out of the car, “your fiancé sent for me.

“My name is Gabriel Farouk. I’m here to try and heal your eyes.”

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #12: Sing (IC)

Post by Arkrite » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex frowned at the stuck up bitch's back as she wandered off after insulting Doug.

He turned to Doug with a smirk, "Wow, you hear that? It's not even nice to meet her in your dreams. And here I thought I was unpleasant!"

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:52 pm

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
Condition: Injured
HP 6-1=5 LP 2

Kas, leaning on Astrid as he clumsily swung his newly aquired white cane...as if he was unfamiliar with it's use...made a show of looking relieved as Gabriel Farouk announced himself.

"The princess is far too solicitous of my well being." He said aloud.

Inside, his first response was; Oh crap. Immediately followed by; Could he really do it? Would that affect my other senses?
Kasimir's Bluff check to carry off his facade. 1d20+12=20. ehhh...I don't want to be discovered quite that easily. HP and 1d20+12=13 [+10]=23.

Heh. It's always nice to visit Invisible Castle. I always feel so loved afterward. :P

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #14: Fly

Post by McGuffin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Ursa
[Otso Karell]
HP: 1 Cnd: Fine

"I get why they sent the fliers to bring a flier back to Earth but why me?" Otso grumbled, looking to Martin and Mister Anders. His eyes narrowed in suspicion. "Please tell me I'm not just here to act as ballast."

Otso looked to the girl in the sky. It wasn't that he minded helping, quite the opposite, he was happy to. He just didn't understand what exactly they needed him for. He didn't see anything in the situation that needed punching.

"Hey you up there! Try to stay calm and we'll get you down soon!" Kinda wish I'd have started on Romanian next now.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:44 pm

BOTTOM’S CLASSROOM (Lex Murphy; NPCs: Bottom, Rose Caspian, Doug Droll, Lena Gruber, Mike Mitchell, Lex Murphy, Tatjana Nelson)
Doug couldn't help but chuckle at Lex's comment. As Rose made her way away, Lex observed that Doug wasn't the only one of his classmates she was snippy with: when Tatjana introduced herself, Rose snubbed her--turning away when the German girl offered her hand in friendship.

HOFBURG PALACE (Harry, Jack, Kas; NPCs: Astrid, Drifter, Gabriel, Gaspar, Gitta)
"I don't care how concerned she is," Gabriel said, "so long as I get paid."

His eyes were engulfed in flames then--azure flames, much like those that flickered in Harry's skull, whenever he used his powers. Gabriel reached out and touched the tips of his fingers to Kas' forehead. It lasted only a second: almost as soon as he touched him, he pulled away. "Anything?" he asked.

BĂILE TUŞNAD (Martin and Otso; NPCs: Lydia, Mira, Quintessence, Viktor)
"I get why they sent the fliers to bring a flier back to Earth but why me?" Otso asked as Quintessence rose into the air. "Please tell me I'm not just here to act as ballast."

"Viktor's here to carry you," Quintessence explained. "You'll be acting as our translator, as Lydia doesn't speak English.

"The lexical similarity of Romanian with Italian has been estimated at 77%--75% French. Martin and Mira both speak French, true, but they're not linguistic students. I know you're not exactly fluent in Romanian, but you should be able to communicate with her."