The Combined DCU-Marvel Universe thread

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Combined DCU-Marvel Universe thread

Post by Charles Phipps » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:41 pm

That is an AWESOME premise.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:42 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:That is an AWESOME premise.
I second that.
Impeach the peach!

hypervirtue
Zealot
Zealot

Post by hypervirtue » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:28 am

For my next post I really wanna do one that is RADICALLY different. Like a character who, due to the shared setting, could not possibly exist as they were in standard Marvel/DC.

Had some ideas... One even regarding Bane...
One can lift a rock with pure power, but a pure heart can move mountains.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:48 am

Finally, here's some more Brilliant Ideas from me you could all expand on.

1. How Batman managed to blackmail the Kingpin and make him his biatch. :twisted:

2. That time Mongul and Mojo as well as Arcade and similar types (with some secret backing by the Grandmaster) all teamed up with all the Poisonous Bread and Murderous Circuses that ensued. And let's get started on the shocking discovery of a kidnapped and press-ganged Beyonder...

3. When all the Doombots got hacked and Dr. Doom had to enlist the help of some heroes to help stop them and whoever was behind this nonsense. (And for the first and only time in his life, Doom admitted he made a mistake, that being he sucked as a programmer.) :mrgreen:

4. The Three-Way bushfire conflict between Wakanda, Gorilla City, and the High Evolutionary with his Ani-Men.

5. When New Krypton hosted a championship/expo for the greatest scientists in the Sol System. Obviously, hilarity ensued.

6. When Henry Peter Gyrich got his paws on either the Cosmic Cube or the Infinity Gems. :shock:

7. When the Ultimate Nullifier was attempted to be used upon the Spectre. (More :shock:)

8. When Iron Man briefly managed to operate a damn Celestial.

9. How Loki managed to exceed his brother Thor as a lothario. 8)
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:59 pm

hypervirtue wrote:For my next post I really wanna do one that is RADICALLY different. Like a character who, due to the shared setting, could not possibly exist as they were in standard Marvel/DC.

Had some ideas... One even regarding Bane...
Excellent!

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:29 pm

John Constantine part 3

Enemies

John Constantine has a never-ending supply of enemies. In his opinion, he's enemies with the entire world and afterlife. Thankfully, though, most of his enemies have immortal lifespans and are inclined to give him several years between strikes.

Asmodel: Asmodel and John Constantine have, curiously, never met but have been involved in dozens of confrontations. It is Asmodel who is responsible for about 90% of the various Heavenly plots to "redeem humanity" (whether mankind wanted it or not) that John has thwarted over the years. Asmodel's falling should have set the matter straight but Demon John (see below) successfully helped Asmodel bond with the Specter and thus allowed the Fallen Angel to escape back to Earth.

Asmodel can't find John with his mystical senses but intends to take his vengeance some day, or use John in the greatest scam of all--getting him back into Heaven. John would be disinclined to help, of course, but isn't very good at saying no.

Demon John: Demon John is a reminder of just how dangerous Constantine can be, to himself and others. Having developed an alcohol problem, suicidal tendencies, and numerous other self-destructive urges--he decided to magically remove them. Doing so, the sheer accumulated amount of bad karma formed into a identical double of himself which John promptly banished to hell.

Demon John took that personally.

Demon John is pretty much John Constantine, only even more misandrist and callous than the real thing. He is also capable of incalculable acts of cruelty towards John/his loved ones because that's part of his personality. Worse, he's every bit as good at conning people as John and uses this to satisfy his urge to pull one over on the power. Demon John has left a trail of broken lives and shattered dreams behind him with none of regular John's miracles to justify him. Demon John loves impersonating John and adding to the man's dark reputation.
Demon John occasionally does a decent act or two, including rescuing the world in Los Angeles while possessing the body of Keanu Reeves. John, oddly, holds that against him most of all.

Well, after the Gemma bit.
Doctor Doom: Doctor Doom has tried to kill John Constantine 113 times. This is not anywhere near the literal thousand that Reed Richards has been subject to but Doctor Doom has sought to eliminate the con man repeatedly, only to get utterly and completely destroyed each and every time. What's hilarious is that Doctor Doom could and should be able to obliterate John easily but not only has he failed to take advantage of the obvious routes to doing so but he's made it damn near impossible to hurt him.

The root of Doom's antipathy with John stems from the latter's exaggerated reputation. Believing John was holding out on him when the conman said it was impossible to do what Doom desired (raise his beloved from the dead), the dictator of Latveria banished John to hell. Three hours later, John managed to get switch places with Doom. Doom retaliated by summoning Mephisto himself to send everyone John ever loved to eternal torment, John broke Doom's bindings with some Draino and Doom ended up wasting every bit of his magical collection protecting himself. Doom went back in time to kill John as a baby, John's identical twin brother was EVEN WORSE and Doom ended up stopping himself.

Victor is now utterly CONVINCED John Constantine is the most terrifying mage in the history of the universe and the only person who is his equal. He's this close to a complete and utter nervous breakdown that would utterly unravel his consciousness.

Gabriel: No, not the Left Hand of God. Gabriel the Lesser. One of the servants of Asmodel, the Bull of Heaven, Gabriel was like many of that being's servants--callous to humanity at best and actively malevolent at worst. John arranged for him to lose his angelic status and got him killed by the First of the Fallen. Due to his actions not being worthy of hell, Gabriel was sentenced to some place infinitely worse.
Wisconsin.

Gabriel is quite determined to get his revenge on John like so many others, as soon as he figures a way to deal with the Great Lakes Avengers hounding his tail.

The First of the Fallen: The oldest demon in Hell, the First of the Fallen decided to make an example of John Constantine as a means of solidifying his control over the region after Lucifer's disappearance. Instead, John humiliated him and the First spent an inordinate amount of time thereafter trying to make the magician's life a living hell. In the end, the First managed to get his revenge on John by going after his mother and father.

John was irritated with the First before, now he's ****ed.

You do not mess with a Liverpool man's mother.

Loki: John Constantine has an interesting relationship with Loki as mentioned. Loki isn't aware John is a giant fraud but is aware John is a GIANT FRAUD. As a result, Loki had to find out which of the two of them was better at it. What followed was a rather epic contest of low cunning with poor John getting sent through the majority of Loki's past life in Asgard, up to and including BIZARRE sexual encounters. John, against all odds, managed to survive it with more than a few monsters as well as godlings left behind.
John promptly reversed the spell and Loki ended up screaming for Odin's help within the first week of living out Constantine's life.

Odin was so amused, he's given John three favors and a key to Asgard's mead storeroom.

Kid Loki, amusingly, tried to learn con games from John but the latter avoided him by going into places he was too young to enter for a month--which was about his normal life, anyway.

Mephisto: Mephisto is possibly the biggest danger to John Constantine there is, because the Lord of the 8th Circle has a very clear policy when dealing with the con man--no funny business. He's given orders to any demon in his service to obey any orders given by John with no treachery or attempts to out-think him and none of his contracts have any double-talk. It's against his nature in every conceivable way and John knows it. It's also resulted in John taking a bunch of risks, up to and including using the demons he summons for his cleaning service while also dangling his soul in front of Mephisto.

It's a game of chicken between two alcoholics to see who will blink first.

Because Mephisto can claim the title of hell if he beats John this way while John, well, HATES being shown up.

Satana: Yet another demon who thinks they have John's number. Satana tried all the obvious methods on John and ended up with a supernatural STD as a result ("Like it's your first."-John said thereafter). Satana didn't take the hint that John wasn't overly impressed with her and has tried numerous plans to ruin him ever since. All of these have backfired horribly since, as Daimon Hellstrom could tell you, his sister isn't nearly as clever as she thinks she is.
Amusingly, Daimon and John have no association but sport the same look as well as profession [Supernatural Detective]. This has resulted in them deliberately avoiding each other on an incredibly dedicated level.
Zauriel: John hates this guy. Amazingly so. Zauriel, on the other hand, is dedicated to redeeming him! There is no physical conflict between the two but Zauriel is a dedicated killjoy as far as John is concerned. He's like the missionary who shows up at the door but who won't leave. Thus, John has had whole issues of Earth-777 Hellblazer dedicated to their "Green Eggs and Ham" like antics where they try and change the other.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:13 pm

Voltron64 wrote:Finally, here's some more Brilliant Ideas from me you could all expand on.

1. How Batman managed to blackmail the Kingpin and make him his biatch. :twisted:
While I give the edge to Bruce Wayne, the Kingpin is most decidedly not anyone's b***. Wilson Fisk's ability to rise up from damn near anything has made him a foe Batman takes very seriously and will consider the final and permanent breaking thereof to be a big achievement. Even their physical confrontations have been hard (though Kingpin grossly overestimated his chances as despite being able to defeat SPIDERMAN one-on-one--Bruce defeated him).
2. That time Mongul and Mojo as well as Arcade and similar types (with some secret backing by the Grandmaster) all teamed up with all the Poisonous Bread and Murderous Circuses that ensued. And let's get started on the shocking discovery of a kidnapped and press-ganged Beyonder...
I kid you not, my last Marvel M&M game was Mojo hiring Arcade to kidnap the PCs.
3. When all the Doombots got hacked and Dr. Doom had to enlist the help of some heroes to help stop them and whoever was behind this nonsense. (And for the first and only time in his life, Doom admitted he made a mistake, that being he sucked as a programmer.) :mrgreen:
Doom admitting a mistake means that the person doing so was a Doombot, himself.
4. The Three-Way bushfire conflict between Wakanda, Gorilla City, and the High Evolutionary with his Ani-Men.
I want to read this!
5. When New Krypton hosted a championship/expo for the greatest scientists in the Sol System. Obviously, hilarity ensued.
The science council twitched repeatedly at their belief they were dealing with cave men, only to see said cave men build equivalents of nuclear reactors.

Earth is WEIRD to Kryptonians.
6. When Henry Peter Gyrich got his paws on either the Cosmic Cube or the Infinity Gems. :shock:
I imagine it'd be like the movie Pleasantville for awhile.
7. When the Ultimate Nullifier was attempted to be used upon the Spectre. (More :shock:)
I think it would work....and then the Specter's ghost would show up.
Okay.
9. How Loki managed to exceed his brother Thor as a lothario. 8)
I imagine that's quite a race. Loki would win, though, because Thor's a blondes man.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Charles Phipps wrote: Doom admitting a mistake means that the person doing so was a Doombot, himself.
Of course, that's what he'd say. :wink:

(I also maintain that Dr. Doom's infamous comments about Africans was instead here referring to Wakandans and Black Panther's family as a having a strain of mutant gene. The latter of which makes plenty of sense when you think about it. T'Challa's family have been ingesting the Heart-Shaped herb for how many untold generations now?)

:wink:
Last edited by Voltron64 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:31 pm

Might do Black Panther next (no interest in doing Jean Grey), but not sure how to differentiate him.

Also not sure who'd win in a fight between him and Batman.

:mrgreen:

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:Might do Black Panther next (no interest in doing Jean Grey), but not sure how to differentiate him.

Also not sure who'd win in a fight between him and Batman.

I think that in Earth-777, Bruce spent some a period of his training in Wakanda and met T'Challa there who was also training under one of the esoteric masters there.

Heck, he's like a old school chum in some ways.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:47 pm

Charles, I think one way to differentiate Black Panther from Batman is have T'challa be a jovial, boisterous, flamboyant extrovert in contrast to Bruce's Grim Dark Knight/Avenger.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Voltron64 wrote:Charles, I think one way to differentiate Black Panther from Batman is have T'challa be a jovial, boisterous, flamboyant extrovert in contrast to Bruce's Grim Dark Knight/Avenger.
But then what would Aquaman be?!

Amusingly, when you think about it, T'Challa is the Good Doctor Doom. Super-genius, rival to Reed Richards, ruler of his own country, and has a technologically/magically enhanced suit.
Last edited by Charles Phipps on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:55 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:
Voltron64 wrote:Charles, I think one way to differentiate Black Panther from Batman is have T'challa be a jovial, boisterous, flamboyant extrovert in contrast to Bruce's Grim Dark Knight/Avenger.
But then what would Aquaman be?!
Aquaman's a Proud Fantasy Novel Warrior, Black Panther's a damn Fairy Tail Prince.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:56 pm

I've also decided who'd win between T'Challa and Bruce.

*drumroll*

T'Challa went to challenge Batman and proceeded to strategize every single eventuality and laid the right traps until he finally confronted Bruce in the Batcave.

Only to have the Bat Family kick his ass en masse.

"At the end of the day, T'Challa, the difference between us is I don't play games and I have FAMILY."

Daibhid C
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Daibhid C » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:01 pm

I really love the Constantine and Stranger writeups.

Regarding the Squadron Supreme, might I suggest that the version of the Squadron Supreme 'verse that coincides with Earth-777 is also home to a version of the Champions of Angor?

It's a running gag that somehow it always seems to be the Avengers who have to deal with the Squadron and the League who have to deal with the Champions.