World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Post by Arkrite » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:37 pm

This picture was of the "after" version, and probably just looks this way because DMAC thought it looked pretty cool. Personally I think it's pretty good.

The way I remember the original story for the Alpha Centurion going was that he reappeared looking like the real Centurion with the standard Centurion costume. Originally he was trying to fool everybody into thinking he was the original so he could wreak havoc from the inside.
After his plot was foiled and he tossed into the Zero Zone he swapped his costume (since fooling anybody was unlikely anymore) and his hair turned black which is now it's natural colour. Since fooling them wasn't an option the best choice was to try to scare them into submission, and the best way to do that was to show whom it was he was working for on top of being the equal of the Centurion in power.

Of course in TM's setting it sounds like he won't be wearing the Omega symbol any time soon.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:40 pm

Y'know, simply being Centurian's equal in power would be enough to make most people wet themselves. He could probably dress in a polka dot thong and his enemies would wet themselves.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:48 pm

It would incite even more terror in a way... But probably wouldn't sell comics as well ;~)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Arkrite wrote:It would incite even more terror in a way... But probably wouldn't sell comics as well ;~)
There is that. I've always thought one of the major reasons Namor was never able to sustain sales for his comic is for the most part he looks like Spock in a speedo.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Gilliam » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:11 am

I burst out laughing when I read your comment Horsenhero, I am just glad I wasn't having a drink at the same time :D

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:52 am

It's true. I've never been able to take Namor seriously and his standard "costume" is a big part of that. You know it's a problem when Aquaman has a better look than you do.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:12 am

I agree with HH on the Namor's look (funny enough I've used that same line to describe him to others only to get a few odd looks), which is why I've normally used images of Namor's 'other' outfit he's used sometimes over the years.

At least he looks more like a superhero instead of a mix between a Trekkie and a Baywatch fan....
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 am

Give him some skin tight jeans, no shirt, and some longer hair. It'll sell to the tween crowd ;~)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:04 am

Tattooedman wrote:I agree with HH on the Namor's look (funny enough I've used that same line to describe him to others only to get a few odd looks), which is why I've normally used images of Namor's 'other' outfit he's used sometimes over the years.

At least he looks more like a superhero instead of a mix between a Trekkie and a Baywatch fan....
I like this costume better as well, for a couple reasons, 1) it's a pretty cool design. I don't know why, but I've always like the wingsuit thing and 2) it's what he wore when he co-starred in Marvel's "Super-Villain Team-Up" with Doctor Doom and I loved that comic when I was a much younger cowboy.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: Earth-75 Builds....

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Lately I've been having ideas for characters or reworkings of characters from old settings I've run or ideas I've had that didn't work out in other venues. I thought the idea of putting them in a world that was just starting to experience the emergence of superhumans was an interesting concept.

Now the tone I'm going for is modern age basically - a bit of influence from the Silver Age with a dash of mondern sensibilities, just minus the baggage of forty plus years of already existing heroes more or less. So here are some of those builds, my goal is to eventually have a workable setting built at some point.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Earth 75: Carapace

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:16 pm

Carapace:
PL:
Strength 5/1
Stamina 2
Agility 1
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 3
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Expertise [Magic] 12 (+15), Insight 9 (+11), Perception 9 (+11), Persuasion 6 (+6), Ranged Combat [Mystical Battery Array] 8 (+10), Stealth 6 (+7)

Advantages: Artificer, Benefit 2 [Wealth 2 (Independently Wealthy)], Equipment 2, Improved Initiative, Luck [Determination], Luck [Recovery] 2, Power Attack, Ritualist, Speed of Thought, Task Focus 2 [Expertise (Magic): Artifacts]

Powers: Arcane Armor: (Removable –13 pts) [54 pp]
Enchanted Materials: Protection 10
Levitation: Flight 5
Mystical Sensors: Senses 7 [Detect (Magic: Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Radius, Ranged)]
Sub-Dimensional Storage: Feature 1 [Quick Change]
Mystical Battery Array:
Mystic Missile: Ranged Mystical Force Damage 10 (Extra: Perception)
-Acid Arrow: Ranged Mystical Acid Damage 10 (Extra: Secondary Damage)
-Acid Cloud: Ranged Mystical Acid Damage 7 (Extras: Area [Cloud], Secondary Damage)
-All-Seeing Eyes: Remote Sensing 9 [auditory, visual] (Feat: Subtle)
-Blinding Flash: Ranged Affliction 10 [Vision Impaired, Vision Disabled, Vision Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative); (Flaw: Limited [One sense only (vision)])
-Heal Wounds: Healing 10 (Feat: Stabilize)
-Summon Darkness: Ranged Concealment 4 [all visual senses] (Extras: Area [Burst], Attack)
-Mental Maze: Ranged Affliction 10 [Entranced & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized, Incapacitated; resisted by Will] (Extras: Extra Condition)
-Mystical Hands: Move Object 10 (Feats: Precise, Subtle)
-Seven League Striding: Teleport 6 (Extra: Accurate); (Feat: Increased Mass 4 [800 lbs])

Automail Arm: Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited [Right arm only])
Arm Blade: Strength-Based Slashing Damage 3 (Feat: Improved Critical, Subtle, Variable Descriptor [Piercing])

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2 // Mystical Battery Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +12*/+2 [*Arcane Armor]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Equipment: Artificer's Workshop [ (15 ep); Size: Small/Medium; Toughness: 12] Features: Dual Size [medium], Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Secret, Security System 3 [DC 30], Workshop

Costs: Abilities 36+ Skills 18+ Advantages 14+ Powers 64+ Defenses 20= 152 pts.

Height: 6’
Weight: 186 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Hazel

Complications:
Disability: Caleb has only one real arm (his left) without his Automail limb.

Enemy: Blackrune (a summoner who uses his magical skills for criminal gain).

Identity: The fact that Caleb Kindrick is Carapace, is a secret he keeps.

Motivation ~Responsibility: Caleb feels that he should use his talents in artificing to the benefit of others.

Relationships: His parents (Hugh and Selene), siblings (brothers Valentine, Randall & Ellison and sisters Levicy & Roseanna), who disapprove of his activities, and his Uncle Tolbert (who crafter Caleb's Automail arms over the years and only supporter).

Reputation: Carapace is among some of the first heroes of the world.

Background: The Kendrick family has long been involved in the mystical community despite their inability to actually cast spells. Instead they devoted their efforts to the field of artificing - creating magical items through ritual magic. A kind of magic not many mages specialize in given the time required to craft said items but the Kendricks willingness to take on such work for pay has allowed them to build an impressive fortune that allow the current generation of the family are able to devote their time solely to continuing the family's trade.

However, Caleb, the youngest member of the family, has often wondered why his family haven't used their skills to help others instead of just lining their pockets, a point of view that has made him something of the black sheep among most of his kin, and set out to make the 'right choice'.

For years Caleb worked on a suit of armor that held many enchantments within it that would allow him to fight superhuman threats, though the process cost him his right arm when an accident occurred during his teen years.

While his parents viewed the accident as 'a proper lesson for his foolishness' and hoped that Caleb would come to his senses and abandon his efforts, Uncle Tolbert (his mother's brother) saw that Caleb was determined enough to continue despite his handicap and created an Automail limb to replace the one Caleb lost (though as he continued to grow Tolbert had to make new ones to properly fit him) and shared a good deal of his own technical skills with Caleb.

A few years ago Caleb moved in with Tolbert when he turned eighteen and while he continues to take work as an artificer, he’s finalized a working suit of magical armor he now uses as the hero Carapace.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Earth-75: Vega

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Vega:
PL:
Strength 10 (2)
Stamina 5
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 0

Skills: Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+4), Insight 7 (+8), Perception 7 (+8)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Benefit [Quick Change], Close Attack 4, Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers: Quantum Force Channeling:
Quantum Blast: Ranged Energy Damage 10 (Feat: Accurate 2)
-Quantum Strength: Enhanced Strength 8 & Enhanced Strength 6 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])
Quantum Invulnerability:
Immunity 9 [All Environmental Conditions, Disease, Poison, Suffocation]
Protection 5 (Extra: Impervious 10)
Quantum Propulsion Array:
Flight 8
-Movement 3 [Space Travel 3]
Quantum Senses: Senses 9 [Darkvision, Infravision, Detect (Energy: Acute, Extended, Radius, Ranged, Tracking)]

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +4 // Quantum Blast Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +10* [*Impervious]
Fortitude +9
Will +10

Costs: Abilities 36+ Skills 6+ Advantages 10+ Powers 73+ Defenses 25= 150 pts.

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 190 lbs
Hair: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Identity: The fact that Jon Armstrong is actually the hero Vega is a secret he closely guards.

Responsibility: Upholding the honor the Star Corps and following the directives of the Keeper.

Responsibility: To protect his assigned sector of space.

Reputation: Vega is among some of the first heroes of the world.

Weakness: A member of the Star Corps access to the Quantum Force is dependent upon their willpower; the maximum rank of the power effects is equal to the member’s Will Resistance rank, thus moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the member to only be able to manifest lesser ranks or out right failure.

Background: Jon Armstrong lead a rough life, being given up to the foster care system. For several years he bounced around from family to family never being taken in by any one for more than six months. Eventually Jon fell in with a street gang in an attempt to feel like he belonged somewhere and he soon ended up being in charge of running the gang's protection racket, which led him to the encounter with an old store owner who wouldn't knuckle under the pressure to pay off.

Finally Jon had to lead his guys to roust the old man's store; it was a day he would never forget. As the crew entered the store and began to trash it the old man simply shook his head and said "Well, it looks like you boys want to do this the hard way. I tried to be nice." Then suddenly the old man jumped over the counter and into the middle of the crew and began to beat them up and throw them out of his store.

All until he got to Jon, then the old man simple offered Jon a hand up and asked him why he was with the gang. When Jon told him that the gang was his family the old man told him "No they aren't. They are only using you." The old man then offered Jon a meal as well as a talk about what made a family, and by the end of that talk it was decided that Jon would help the old man at the store and live in the back room of the apartment above it.

Unfortunately Jon's old gang wouldn't let him out that easy; they firebombed the old man's store/house several months later in an effort to make an example of both Jon and the old man. Jon was lucky enough to be saved by a couple of cross beams of the house and he was able to dig out the rubble enough to find the old man who had been badly injured. The old man simply told Jon that his time was done and that it was now Jon's turn to "do the right thing for other people." With that the old man took Jon's had and suddenly Jon felt light-headed and like he was being electrocuted. Then it was all over and the old man was dead.

Jon was so mad about what had happened to the only person that had ever been kind to him that he went straight to the gang's main hangout and confronted the leader, and about twenty of his crew. Jon simple told them to disband and go on their way... or else.

When the head of the gang was done laughing he asked Jon what the “Or else what?” Jon simply said "Or else this!" and then proceeded to try to take a swing at the gangbanger. Unfortunately though the rest of the gang wouldn't let Jon finish and they jumped him.

Amid the punches and kicks Jon felt lightheaded with the shocking sensation again and then it passed and he realized that he couldn't feel their blows anymore. Then he heard the gang members yelling that they had hurt themselves hitting him. Suddenly Jon realized that the old man had done something to him, something he could use to make his old gang pay. So Jon proceeded to take on the whole gang by himself and in the process he ended up destroying their spot.

It took Jon a little while this time to dig himself out of the remains of the building but when he did he found a floating orb waiting on him and with a ragged breath Jon asked it what the hell it wanted.

The orb’s response was to simply unleash a beam of light that teleported Jon to someplace else, a place filled with all kinds of aliens. Some not too freaky looking while others were just down right weird to him. He is greeted by a humanoid alien with red skin named Jorinn, who explains to Jon that he’s been chosen as the successor to a member of the Star Corps, an intergalactic police force that is under the direction of an alien AI known as the Keeper on the planet Zuron V.

During this time Jon is taught the history of the Star Corps, given full access to the Quantum Force (which grants varying degrees of superhuman abilities and manipulation of electromagnetic energies to the user based on their willpower), which the old man had only given Jon a fragment of and is trained in its use by Jorinn. After several months of training, Jon is returned home and told that the Keeper will contact him with missions in his sector and he tries to restart his life, this time acting more responsible and using his powers to act as a hero on Earth.

-- Chiun

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Psistrike » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:12 pm

Tattooedman, you are either psychic or your idea for Lady Mamba taking over her daughter's body was too good, as their entry in the 1st Atlas of Earth Prime has her doing just that.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:40 pm

I'll go with that it was too good an idea.

For me it speaks to her character; one part control freak mixed with 2 parts vainity. Lady Mamba had been an extremely attractive woman back in her prime and seeing as how Daliha had been said to pretty much be a mirror of her mother back in the day it felt like a natural progression for Lady Mamba.

Especially because of how I had written that the Mayombe had been almost destroyed and Lady Mamba was trying to rebuild their power. She saw her daughter wasting her talents (both magical and her looks) and decided to sacrifice (pun intended there) part of her family for the Mayombe so they had a chance of reclaiming the power they once held.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Earth-75: Shrike

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Shrike:
PL:
Strength 5
Stamina 6
Agility 6
Dexterity 6
Fighting 6
Intellect 2 (0)
Awareness 4 (2)
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 3 (+8), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+10), Investigation 3 (+5), Intimidation 3 (+4), Perception 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+12)

Advantages: Benefit 3 [Alternate Identity, Wealth x2 (Independently Wealthy)], Equipment 4, Luck [Determination], Second Chance [Will Resistance Checks]

Powers: Tactical Mastermind:
Enhanced Intellect 2
Enhanced Awareness 2
Enhanced Advantages 26 [All-Out Attack, Agile Feint, Beginner’s Luck, Benefit 2 (Ambidextrous, Up The Walls [use Acrobatics in place of Athletics for Climb Checks]), Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 2, Fearless, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Luck (Skillful), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown 2, Throwing Mastery 3, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge]
Enhanced Dodge 4
Enhanced Parry 4
Senses 1 [Danger Sense]
Brilliant Deduction: Senses 4 [Postcognigtion] (Flaw: Check Required [Investigation DC 12])

Living Weapon Array:
Striking Power: Strength-Based Bludgeoning Damage 3
Focused Strike: Add Penetrating Extra Rank 8 to any Damage Effect
-Flurry Strike: Strength-Based Bludgeoning Damage 3 (Extra: Multiattack 8); (Feat: Improved Critical 2, Improved Smash)
-Pressure Point Strike: Affliction 8 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude]

Offense: Initiative +10
Melee Attack +12
Ranged Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +8*/+6 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +9
Will +9

Equipment: Cowl [Nightvision Lenses]
Flashlight
Lockpicks
Mulit-Tool
Swingline

Underground Lair (15 ep) Size: Small; Toughness: 12] Features: Computer, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Secret, Security System 3 [DC 30], Workshop

Costs: Abilities 64+ Skills 13+ Advantages 9+ Powers 67+ Defenses 12= 165 pts.

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 200 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Hazel

Complications:
Enemy: Aladdin and their operatives.

Hunted: Aladdin 'created' Shrike and wants him back so they can reprogram him so that he will follow their orders.

Motivation ~Responsibility: Shrike believes that the unique abilities he has leaves it to him to protect those unable to do so for themselves.

Reputation: Shrike is among some of the first heroes of the world.

Background: Adam Lone was a college sophomore working on a degree in law when he was approached by men in well made suits with an offer a place in a government funded program; they’d been scouting possible candidates from all across the country and Adam was among the limited number who’d been approved to participate.

It all sounded like a once in a lifetime opportunity to Adam, though not being able to tell his family what he was doing kinda sucked, but the money he was making for acting like a lab rat was enough to pay off a good chunk of his student loans. A week later Adam stepped off the private plan and was ushered into a limo that took him to a lab he had no clue where it, let alone he, was at. Over the following days Adam was put through even more in-depth tests by the on-site doctors to the point that he felt like he was becoming a living pin cushion, but finally he was declared to be ready for phase one.

It turned out that all phase one was Adam taking a bunch of pills and getting injections of some kind that had been concocted by the doctors as part of the program. One thing that bothered Adam was the fact that he never saw any of the other supposed applicants and when he finally asked he was told that all the applicants were being kept isolated to keep the results pure. It didn’t make a lot of sense to him but he chose not to push the issue for fear of being dropped from the program.

Soon Adam was cleared for phase two but instead of mundane tests he was gassed in his quarters then underwent a surgical procedure only to wake up days later in restraints and realize that something had been put inside him. Over the following days he listened to the doctors as they talked as if he wasn’t even there - thousands of nanomachines had been placed within him; enhancing his intellect by providing a small database of information he can access instantly (filled with dozens of combat tactics, various logistical and technical information, and martial techniques), as well as his perceptions of his surroundings.

Adam overheard that he was soon going to enter phase three of the program – brainwashing to forget his past life and instill obedience in him and he knew that he’d never be the person he is if that happened. Thus he planned an escape despite the odds against him and eight hours later Adam was finishing the last key stroke on the lab computer that transferred millions of dollars he’d just stolen into an off-shore account he’d set up before taking his leave of the compound and disappearing. He also learned the name of the group responsible for basically kidnapping him - Aladdin.

Adam also learned that Aladdin had done the same thing to several others all over the country but they were fully under Aladdin's control. It was then and there that Adam decided that it was up to him to stop Aladdin, no matter what. Months later Adam came back to his hometown, under an assumed name after learning that Aladdin had faked his death so his family wouldn’t contact law enforcement about his disappearance, and using his stolen funds set himself up to deal with Aladdin and their plans.

-- Chiun