J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Back to work - MANdrill update, Nekra

Post by Crinos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:50 pm

Man, that is one fat faced Mandrill there.

But yeah, the Mandrill, one of the most problematic villains ever produced: Basically a super powered date rapist.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: #32

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:12 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Being one of THE BIG GUNS OF THE THORPACOVERSE isn't all about lifting bridges and flying to Mars in a minutes. It's about status, folks. And after the box office this guy has turned the past few years, his status is at an all-time high!

That man is playing Galaga! Thought we wouldn't notice, but we did. - Tony Stark

IRON MAN
PL: 13 (265 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [14], STAMINA 3, AGILITY 1 [3], DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 10, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+14), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8/+10), Deception 7 (+10/+12) [Attractive], Expertise [Business] 3 (+13), Expertise [Science] 8 (+18), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 2 (+12) [Contacts], Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion 5 (+8/+10) [Attractive, Connected], Ranged Combat [Weapon Systems] 5 (+8/+12), Stealth (+3), Technology 13 (+23) [Inventor, Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Attractive (1), Benefit (5) (Wealth 5 [Billionaire]), Connected, Contacts, Equipment (5), Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Inventor, [/i]Precise Attack [Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment][/i], Skill Mastery (1) (Technology), Ultimate Effort (1) (Technology)

POWERS:
Arc Reactor: Quickness 3 (Mental Tasks only); 2 pts
Bleeding Golden War Extremis Edge Armor: 145 pts traits, Flaw: Activation (Move Action); 144 pts
Jarvis A.I.: Feature 1 (Armor A.I.); 1 pt
Translator: Comprehend 2 (Understand, Understood all Languages, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 3 pts
Cybernetic Strength: Enhanced Strength 12; 24 pts
Cybernetic Speed: Enhanced Agility 2; 4 pts
Man of Iron: Protection 11, Impervious Toughness 7; 25 pts
Self-Contained Environment: Immunity 10 (Life Support); 10 pts
Sensor Array: Enhanced Parry 4, Enhanced Dodge 4, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Accurate Attack, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Precise Attack [Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment]), Enhanced Skills 3 (Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 ranks, Ranged Combat [Weapons Systems] 4 ranks), Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited [Sensory powers only]); 23 pts
Repulsor Boot Jets: Flight 11 (4000 mph); 22 pts
Weapon Systems: 28 pt Array; 33 pts
Repulsor Rays: Ranged Repulsor Energy Damage 14; 28 pts
Uni-Blast: Ranged Damage 16, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Power Attack), (Flaw: Inaccurate, Tiring); 1 pt
Uni-Beam: Line Area Damage 13 (Extra: Line Area 2 [60 ft], Penetrating 13, Flaw: Distracting, Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Missiles: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 9 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Homing); 1 pt
Holograms: Illusion 9 (Visual and Auditory); 1 pt
Tractor Beam: Move Object 12 (Flaw: Limited to Metals); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Headquarters: (23 pts)
Stark Tower: Size - G, Tough - 12, Features - Communications, Computer, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Hangar, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System 3 [DC 30], Workshop; 23 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3 (+7 in Armor)
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 (+10 in Armor) [Unarmed +2; Armor Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +3
Weapons Systems +8 (+12 in Armor) [Repulsor Blast +14; Missiles +9, Area Burst; Tractor Beam Move Object +12]
Uni-Blast +10 [Uni-Blast +16]
Special Attack [Uni-Beam +13, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 (+10 in Armor) [DC16/20] Parry +6 (+10 in Armor) [DC16/20]
Toughness +3 (+14 in Armor, +7 Impervious in Armor), Fortitude +7, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Other people seem to think he has a drinking problem, HE doesn't seem to think so…
Arrogance: Most people think he is quite full of himself, HE doesn't think so…
Enemy: The Mandarin, Obadiah Stane and family, Justin Hammer and family.
Fame: Everyone knows he's Tony Stark, multi-billionaire playboy.
Power Loss: If the Arc Reactor is somehow removed, he loses pretty much all his motor functions, his stats drop to STR 1, STA 1, INT 8, and he loses access to his armor.
Relationships: He is close with Pepper Potts, James Rhodes, Jarvis and Steve Rogers.
Reputation: Drunk, womanizer, narcissist, war profiteer, superhero separatist.

Abilities 60 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 146 + Defenses 15 = 265 / 265

Build Comments: Gotta love the resurgence of Tony Stark. Somehow, they took a character that Marvel had been forcing on us as A-League for years, we didn't quite buy it, then he becomes one of the most hated heroic characters EVER and then they make the movie and somehow it makes Stark 10 times the star he was in comicdom and their biggest property. Amazing...

I always liked Tony but he never struck me as the main player he was pushed to be. Now with the movie and Ultimate Iron Man, I love him. Yes, I know it’s wrong to be an irresponsible drunken playboy when you're supposed to be saving the world, but man, it's entertaining!

You'll note that I had some fun with the armor name because even though I went with his current Arc Reactor setup, I tried to keep him pretty general with the powers he's shown over the years. This armor is part of him like the Extremis and the Bleeding Edge, but I kept his PL about where he always is in comparison to the Marvel big timers like Hulk and Thor because, as someone mentioned on Taliesin's thread, no matter how many times he upgrades his armor, everyone else seems to upgrade somehow, too and he's still at pretty much the same comparative level as he always was.

Secret Origins: Anthony Edward Stark, the son of wealthy industrialist and head of Stark Industries, Howard Stark, and Maria Stark, is born on Long Island 40 years ago. A boy genius, he enters MIT at the age of 15 to study electrical engineering and later receives Master's degrees in electrical engineering and physics. After his parents are killed in a plane accident, he inherits his father's company at age 20.

His party boy public persona and technical innovations in the realm of weapons design made him a media star practically from day one. About 10 years ago, Stark went to Afghanistan to supervise a field test for one of his transistorized weapons. He ignored his friend, US Marine, James Rhodes’, concerns that security was insufficient. His convoy was ambushed and Stark was critically wounded by one of his own missiles. He was captured and imprisoned in a cave by the terrorist group the Ten Rings. An electromagnet grafted into Stark's chest by fellow captive, the renowned physicist and Nobel laureate Professor Ho Yinsen, kept the shrapnel shell shards that wounded him from reaching his heart and killing him. Ten Rings leader Raza offered Stark freedom in exchange for building a Jericho missile for the group, but Tony and Yinsen knew that Raza would not keep his word.

Stark and Yinsen secretly built a powerful electric generator called an arc reactor to power Stark's electromagnet and then began to secretly build a suit of armor powered by the reactor as a means to escape. Although they kept the suit hidden almost to completion, the Ten Rings attacked the workshop when they discovered their intentions. Yinsen sacrificed himself to divert them while the suit powered up. The armored Stark battled his way out of the cave, only to find the dying Yinsen, then the enraged Stark burned the Ten Rings weapons and flew away, only to crash in the desert, destroying the suit. After being later rescued by Rhodes, Stark returned home and announced that his company will no longer manufacture weapons. Obadiah Stane, his father's old partner and the company's manager, advised Stark that this may ruin Stark Industries and his father's legacy but Tony’s mind was made up. In his home workshop, Stark built an improved version of his suit, as well as a more powerful arc reactor for his chest. Stane requested details but Stark keeps his work to himself.

After some time in seclusion, he attends a charity event held by Stark Industries, Stark that his company's weapons, including the Jericho, were recently delivered to the Ten Rings and were being used to attack Yinsen's home village, Gulmira. Stark also learns Stane is trying to replace him as head of the company. Enraged, Stark donned his new armor and flew to Afghanistan, where he saved Yinsen's village and delivers a devastating blow to the Ten Rings. Later, the Ten Rings gathered the pieces of Stark's prototype suit and met with Stane, who double crossed Raza and had the rest of his group eliminated. Stane has a new suit reverse engineered from the wreckage. Seeking to find any other weapons delivered to the Ten Rings, Stark sent assistant Virginia "Pepper" Potts to hack into the company computer system from Stane's office. She discovered Stane has been supplying the terrorists and hired the Ten Rings to kill Stark, but the group reneged. Potts met with Agent Phil Coulson of the "Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division", a counter-terrorism agency, to inform him of Stane's activities.

Stane's scientists could not duplicate Stark's arc reactor so Stane ambushed Stark at home, using a sonic device to paralyze him, and takes his arc reactor. Left to die, Stark managed to crawl to his lab and plug in his original reactor. Potts and several S.H.I.E.L.D. agents attempted to arrest Stane, but he put on his armored suit and attacked them. Stark fights Stane, but is overmatched without his new reactor to run his suit at full capacity. Stark lured Stane atop the Stark Industries building and instructs Potts to overload the large arc reactor there. This unleashed a massive electrical surge that knocks Stane unconscious, causing him and his armor to fall into the exploding reactor, killing him.

The next day, the press had dubbed the armored hero "Iron Man". Agent Coulson gave Stark a cover story to explain the events of the night and Stane's death. At a press conference, Stark began giving the cover story, but paused and then announced that he was Iron Man.

The Story so Far: As Iron Man, Tony fought numerous threats to his company and the world, such as the Crimson Dynamo and the Titanium Man, as well as independent villains like the Mandarin, who eventually became his greatest enemy. He was a founding member of the Justice League before leaving with Captain America to start the Avengers.

3 years ago, learning of the government's plans to instigate a Superhuman Registration Act that would force costumed, super-powered individuals to reveal their identities to the government and sign on as licensed agents, Iron Man at first sought to defeat the proposal, even going to such lengths as to hire the Titanium Man to attack the hearing on the act as he testified in order to manipulate opinion in his favor. However, at some point, Tony Stark's opinion of the Act changed, seeing it as a new means to achieve the goal that he had sought in forming the "Illuminati", and to tie the knots of friendship between humans and superheroes. He attempted to convince the other members of the clandestine group to support the new Act, stating that their input could prevent the Act from becoming too restrictive of superhuman activities, but all except Mister Fantastic rejected the idea of registration.

After the Stamford, Connecticut disaster turned public opinion against super humans and fast-tracked the Act into law, Stark came out publicly in support of the Act, but the new law split the hero community in two. All of Stark's planning and manipulation came to fruition as Stark then became the representative and leader of the pro-registration side, placed in opposition to the anti-registration advocates. After a costly “Civil War” between the two sides, Stark’s pro-registration side won and Tony took over as head of SHIELD during one of Nick Fury’s absences.

After the Secret Invasion, Tony was replaced as America’s “top cop” by Norman Obsorn, who wanted all the information on the secret identities of the superhumans that had registered. Tony had them all in his brain and in order to save the information from Osborn, basically had his brain shut down and wiped. Pepper and some of his other allies were able to restore his brain and after Obsorn was ousted, Tony resumed his superheroic life and shifted his focus to reigning in Stark technology that had fallen into the wrong hands.

Characterization: Tony Stark is, for the lack of a better word, complicated. During his early days of success, Stark was a man who only cared about fame and wealth. He had no sense of responsibility or humility, always rubbing his success on the face of everyone he met. This all changed when he was captured by terrorists. After building the first Iron Man armor and escaping captivity, Stark had realized the kind of person he really was and engaged in a life of heroism to atone for his past mistakes.

Plagued by many vices, Stark is prone to womanizing, pride and alcoholism. This lifetime of troubles has caused him to develop a cynical view of the world. Despite this, Stark is devoted to truly make the world a better place.

Tony is known as a "futurist". He has stated that the way his mind works he can intuit the future, even being able to foreshadow that a situation similar to the superhuman Civil War was going to happen, years before it did.

Iron Man is a hero that relies on his intellect and technological resources to defeat foes and achieve victory. Stark invariably prides himself on being one of the most intelligent people in the world. Tony has survived the superhero Civil War and Secret Invasion and has come out on the other side. He had to have that Arc Reactor put in to reboot his brain and as such, he has said to hell with being on the wagon and has gone back to his roots, albeit a bit more closely monitoring the booze. But not the ladies' or his ego. Steve Rogers and Amanda Waller are concerned, but generally everyone agrees that this Tony is far more tolerable.

Friends and Foes: Tony’s best friend is Jim Rhodes, but he is probably closest to his long-time secretary, confidant, ex-girlfriend and current CEO of Stark Resilient, Virginia “Pepper” Potts. He is also good friends with his former bodyguard and head of security, Happy Hogan. In the superhero community, he is tight with Captain America Steve Rogers, Bruce Banner and Mr. Terrific, Michael Holt.

Due to his stance on the Superhuman Registration Act, there are several superheroes that still don’t trust him, most among them Batman and Jenny Sparks.

He has a long list of enemies in the supervillain community, chief among them is The Mandarin. Their history is very personal and The Mandarin, currently at large, seems to always been plotting against Stark. He also counts the Titantium Man, The Crimson Dynamo, the Hammer family, the Stane family, Whiplash and the Unicorn among his recurring foes.

Clean Up 4/20/11: Fixed up Tony a bit, taking him up a PL and cleaning up a couple of array issues.

Clean Up 6/9/13: Despite my amazing ability to continue NOT to be able to see Iron Man 3, I still wanted to do a little work on Tony. Feels better now.

Clean Up 8/11/13: Tony get the Superior Thorpacoverse treatment.

Clean Up 12/4/13: Tony goes back to PL13 on offense.
Since I gave up the Netflix cold turkey this weekend, I got some updating going to my build juices flowing again. And since it's MANUARY, I have updated Iron MAN.

And SuperMAN.

And BatMAN.

And AquaMAN.

And Spider-MAN.

And MAN-Ape. He didn't really need it, I just missed a power point for his Senses, but still...it's MANUARY!
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:19 pm

It's the last day of MANUARY and even though I didn't get to stock as many specials as I'd hoped, it was still a good month! This last item for our MANUARY run is getting stocked on Aisle 1!

I'm...at a loss for a smart ass remark for this build...I don't think there's anything I could say that could compare to its...uniqueness...

ANIMAL-VEGETABLE-MINERAL MAN
PL: 12 (197 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Expertise [Science] 8 (+12), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 6 (+6), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+0), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Ranged Attack (6)

POWERS:
Can Turn into any Animal, Vegetable or Mineral: Variable 15 (75 pts Traits; Any physical ability related animals, vegetables or minerals, Extra: Action [Move Action]); 120 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +8

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +3 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Doom Patrol
Hatred: He blamed Niles Caulder for stealing his invention and has had a vendetta against him ever since
Mental Instability: The effects of the serum that gave him his powers have damaged his psyche

Abilities 46 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 120 + Defenses 15 = 197 / 197

Build Comments: Talk about a Silver Age villain! There was no way I was going to let MANUARY pass without taking a shot at this dude. I had a Doom Patrol comic where they fought and then I saw him again in The short-lived (thank god) Ravagers book in the New 52 where he fought them and I had to get him on the short list.

Secret Origins: Biologist Sven Larsen seemingly became a victim of one of his own experiments when he is transformed into a being capable of taking on any animal, vegetable, or mineral form known as the Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man. After a battle with the Doom Patrol, however, the Chief deduced that Larsen's transformation was deliberate and that by killing the Doom Patrol he sought revenge on the Chief, whom he wrongly believes once stole an invention of his. Ironically, the device in question proved to be the sole means of stopping the Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man by "freezing" him in a single transmuted form until he can be captured and returned to normal

The Story so Far: The Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man returned to plague the Doom Patrol several months later, right after an accident had forced the team to function with their powers switched around. The same device was again used to stop the AVM-Man, and he was again sent back to prison.

Years later, Larsen was broken out of prison by General Immortus in order to aid him in bringing the Chief out of seclusion. This also brought him into conflict with the Doom Patrol again, at least the team that Celsius had assembled to help her find the Chief for herself. Larsen still wanted revenge on the Chief for the invention he believed was stolen, and went against Immortus' orders and attempted to kill the Chief himself. Unfortunately for the AVM-Man, the one weapon that Immortus' men hadn't found in the Chief's wheelchair was a water pistol full of a chemical retardant to stop the villain's transformations. The Chief had miscalculated and the chemical only slowed the changes. It took Scott Fischer to almost accidentally stop the AVM-Man by burning him severely with his hands. Celsius then encased the now normal Larsen in ice
Shop J-Mart!

Claire Redfield
Comrade
Comrade

Re: J-Mart: END OF MANUARY - Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man

Post by Claire Redfield » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:30 pm

Welcome back, Thorp! And ... uh, wow. That is one interesting picture.
Claire Redfield • Onyx Path Freelancer
Demon: The Descent, Blood & Smoke, Book of the Wyrm and Umbra 20

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:56 pm

Ah...AVM-Man, one of those characters like Ultra, the Multi-Alien, you would swear was created by a DC writer on serious acid. Great build of a truly (thank goodness) one of a kind villain.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Post by scc » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:54 am

Awesome stuff Thorp. Never a fan of AVM Man but for some reason that pic makes me want to read that story. Maybe because he has a T-Rex head.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:56 pm

Check out this new item for our Villains Line that's getting stocked on Aisle 1!

He's living proof that you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...

DOUBLE DOWN
PL: 9 (118 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 7 (+8), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+5), Expertise [Gambler] 5 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 5 (+6), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Card Control] 5 (+9), Stealth (+3), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Improved Initiative (1), Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover)

POWERS:
Mystic Card Shield: Enhanced Dodge 5 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 4 (Flaw: Sustained); 9 pts
Mystic Card Control: 30 pt Array; 33 pts
Card Blast: Ranged Multiattack Slashing Damage 9 (Extra: Homing 3); 30 pts
Card Burst: Burst Area Slashing Damage 9 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Selective); 1 pt
Rain of Cards: Cloud Area Slashing Damage 9 (Extra: Cloud Area x2 [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Card Coffin: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Cards; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +4
Card Control +9 [Card Coffin Affliction +9; Card Blast +9, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Card Burst +9, Area Burst; Rain of Cards +9, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+13 with Mystic Card Shield) [DC18/23] Parry +8 (+12 with Mystic Card Shield) [DC18/22]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Mental Instability: The mystic deck of cards taking over his body has made him even more violent and psychotic than he was before
Motivation: Greed,

Abilities 38 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 42 + Defenses 16 = 118 / 118

Build Comments: I’m surprised Double Down hasn’t shown up again in the New 52. I didn’t think he was a great villain but he had a pretty unique look. At first I thought I overpowered him, but I saw where his cards cut Superman and he the gave The Flashes plenty of trouble so his card control seems about right.

Secret Origins: Jeremy Tell was a con artist and compulsive gambler. One night, after losing all his money in a game, Tell murdered the high winning gambler. A mystically "cursed deck of cards" the murdered man owned animated and flew at Tell, cleaving and bonding to his skin. They have replaced most of his flesh, and cover most of his body. Tell can, either mentally or mystically, control these cards, detaching them from his body and directing their movement. He can use a card's razor edges to cut through things, or to encase someone with his cards.

The Story so Far: When Murmur released his Frenzy virus at Iron Heights, Flash (Wally West) and Piper were sent to investigate the cause of the virus. During the prison's mass breakout, Tell, who was serving time for murder, assault and fraud, was freed and met Piper. Tell used a card to cover his mouth to prevent him from using his flute and used the rest to slice his clothes. Piper then shoved his flute into Tell's mouth and punched his gut, forcing him to blow on the instrument. The resulting sonic blast knocked him unconscious and he was taken back to solitary confinement.

After escaping Iron Heights, he and Girder were both hired by Penguin to help him establish a crime ring in Keystone City, but was stopped by Flash and Nightwing.

Characterization: Double Down often uses puns related to gambling, in much the same manner a Silver Age gimmick villain or a huge jerk would.

Friends and Foes: He has still has a vendetta against The Flashes.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: 1075

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:15 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:THE DOCTOR IS IN at J-Mart!

Sometimes I think a good fight accomplishes more than all the learning in the world. - Kent Nelson

DOCTOR FATE
PL: 14 (271 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [10], STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4 [12], PRESENCE 3 [7]

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+8), Deception 3 (+10), Expertise [Archeology] 4 (+7), Expertise [Magic] 9 (+12/+22) [Artificer, Ritualist], Insight 4 (+16), Intimidation (+7), Perception 4 (+16), Persuasion 4 (+11), Ranged Combat [Magic] 8 (+11), Stealth (+2), Treatment 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Equipment (5), Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Interpose, Languages (2) (Egyptian, French, 3 others, Base: English), Ritualist, Trance, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Expertise [Magic] Check)

POWERS:
Servant of Nabu: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease); 2 pts
Mystic Training Enhanced Abilities: Enhanced Strength 8, Flight 7 (250 mph/1/2 mpr, Extra: Affects Others, Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs]), Protection 9, Impervious 4; 60 pts
Amulet of Anubis: 23 pts Traits, Removable (-5 pts); 18 pts
Mystic Attunement: Senses 5 (Magical Awareness, Mental, Extended 4); 5 pts
Pocket Dimension: Movement 1 (Dimension Travel 1), Increased Mass 9 (12 Tons); 11 pts
True Sight: Senses 8 (Normal Sight [Analytical Sight, Counters All Concealment, Counters Illusion], Quirk: Noticeable [Glowing Eyes]); 7 pts

Helm of Nabu: 99 pts Traits, Removable (-20 pts); 79 pts
Avatar of Nabu: Enhanced Awareness 8, Enhanced Presence 4, Enhanced Skills 5 (Expertise [Magic] 10 ranks), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Fearless, Ultimate Effort [Expertise: Magic]), Feature 1 (Guidance of Nabu); 32 pts
Mystical Array: 53 pt Dynamic Array; 67 pts
Spell Shattering: Nullify 17 (Magic; Extra: Broad, Dynamic, Precise, Simultaneous); 53 pts
Mystic Bolt: Ranged Mystic Damage 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mystic Passage: Teleport 15 (120 miles/32,000 miles; Extra: Dynamic, Extended, Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs]); 2 pts
Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 15 (Visual, Auditory, Aural, Mental; Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Side Effect [Physical Body is defenseless and immobile]); 2 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 10, Communication 3 (Mental, Statewide/Small Nation, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Somnambulant Spell: Cloud Area Cumulative Affliction 12 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Asleep, Extra: Cloud Area 2 [30 ft radius], Dynamic); 2 pts
Phasing: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mystic Shield: Enhanced Dodge 6, Enhanced Parry 6 (Extra: Affects Others, Dynamic, Flaw: Sustained); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Headquarters: (24 pts)
The Tower of Fate: Size - M (Exterior); Tough - 20; Features - Defense System [Wards], Dimensional Portal, Dual Size [Awesome], Library, Living Space, Sealed, Secret (DC 30), Self- Repairing, Workshop; 24 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +3
Magic +11 [Mystic Blast +17; Spell Shattering Nullify +17]
Special Attack [Somnambulant Spell Affliction +12, Cloud Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+16 with Mystic Shield) [DC20/26] Parry +10 (+16 with Mystic Shield) [DC20/26]
Toughness +12 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +18

COMPLICATIONS:
Overbearing Mentor: The longer Nelson wears the Helm of Nabu, the more influence its creator wields over him, until finally Nelson’s (or any long-term wielder’s) personality is subsumed under Nabu’s own.
Relationships: His wife, Inza Nelson.
Responsibility: The burden of wielding the Helm of Fate and being one of the primary mystical protectors of Earth weighs heavy on him at times.
Restricted Power: The Helm decides who is and isn’t worthy to wear it. Those deemed unworthy suffer either a lethal Continuous Mental Blast 20 or Continuous Affliction 20 (Resisted by Will; Dazed, Stunned, Transformed) that leaves the unfortunate target in a permanent vegetative state.
Secret Identity: He maintains his secret identity of Kent Nelson.

Abilities 48 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 159 + Defenses 27 = 271 / 271

Build Comments: Despite his iffy modern history in comics, Doctor Fate has been very well portrayed in the animated DCU. He had some great appearances in JLU and the saga of the Helm of Fate in Young Justice was one of the better running storylines.

Secret Origins: Kent Nelson was the son of archaeologist Sven Nelson and around the year 1940, the two of them were exploring the Valley of Ur in Mesopotamia when they discovered an underground pyramid. It contained Nabu, an ancient immortal from the planet Cilia who had been held in suspended animation for thousands of years.

Kent released him, but the lever accidentally unleashed a poisonous gas that killed his father. It would later be revealed that Nabu engineered this situation to gain a new host. Nabu decided to mentor the young boy in the secrets of the universe, giving him incredible powers and taking his grief away from him. He would serve as an agent of the Lords of Order in their never-ending battle against the Lords of Chaos. Having finished his training, Nabu gave him an amulet, cloak and helmet to become a champion of good as Doctor Fate. He would go on to meet a beautiful college student named Inza Cramer while traveling through Alexandria, and she would become his long-time romantic partner and confidante.

The Story so Far: His first battle was against the evil sorcerer Wotan, who struck at him through Inza using an agent named Thomas Frawley. Kent would continue to go on adventures as Fate, although Nabu's spirit would always guide him through the helmet and he'd awaken with little memory of his own exploits. He joined the Justice Society of America and had many adventures with the team.

As time went on, Kent found the helmet becoming more and more possessive of him, so rather than abandoning his battle against chaos, Kent created the half helm. Although Kent's powers were severely limited, he still had the ability of flight, invulnerability and super strength. However, Kent donned the full Helm one last time in order to defeat the powerful wizard Malador the Mystic.

Afterwards, he retired his Fate persona and became a physician. It was not until about 10 years ago that Kent would rejoin the superheroic community and has been a key member of the mystic community ever since.

Characterization: Kent and his wife Inza are committed the battle against evil and chaos. They often seem as people out of time. As their Justice Society comrades age, Kent and Inza seem immortal. The magic Fate holds over them, virtually stopped their aging process.

Friends and Foes: Kent has had many battles with the forces of evil over the decades. His greatest foe is the wizard Wotan, but he has also developed great rivalries with Malador the Mystic and Arcanix as well. He has been long time friends with the Sorceror Supreme of Earth, Doctor Strange and the two of them have joined forces to battle great magical evil on several occasions.
After our previous discussions about Kent's training with Nabu that takes his super strength and flight out of his Helm Array, I finally got around to fixing it among other things that I realize that I have messed up over the years. Although I haven't been posting much new stuff, rest assured I am still trolling the Tank as I continue to update DOZENS of my current builds as I truly try to make this a Superior Thorpacoverse. And since the Superior Spider-Man is going away in April, I don't have much time left to keep the Superior moniker! I guess it will have to become The Thorpacoverse NOW! or the New 51 1/2 Thorpacoverse or something like that. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: J-Mart: Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man, Double Down

Post by kenmadragon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:26 pm

Or you can rib on Wizards of the Coast and call it Thorpacaverse Next... :mrgreen:

And no Create Object on Fate? I'm pretty sure he's thrown up some massive force fields to protect his fellow leaguers from all sorts of attacks every now and then, and they seemed to have more solidity and physical barrier-ness then Enhanced active defenses... Or would that be just a power stunt?

Also, i have to wonder: If one has a Dynamic array and then uses Extra Effort to power stunt, then will the power stunt be a simple alternate effect or a dynamic effect as well? And what if the array is not completely dynamic (some powers are dynamic, others are regular AE)?

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:28 pm

kenmadragon wrote:Or you can rib on Wizards of the Coast and call it Thorpacaverse Next... :mrgreen:

And no Create Object on Fate? I'm pretty sure he's thrown up some massive force fields to protect his fellow leaguers from all sorts of attacks every now and then, and they seemed to have more solidity and physical barrier-ness then Enhanced active defenses... Or would that be just a power stunt?

Also, i have to wonder: If one has a Dynamic array and then uses Extra Effort to power stunt, then will the power stunt be a simple alternate effect or a dynamic effect as well? And what if the array is not completely dynamic (some powers are dynamic, others are regular AE)?
Good point. I also realized I didn't give him any Telekinesis which he has also shown fairly regularly. I'll throw that in soon.

As far as the question, I'm not sure. That might be a Rules forum type question.
Shop J-Mart!

MyManHercTheSecond
Bystander
Bystander

Post by MyManHercTheSecond » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:06 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Check out this new item for our Villains Line that's getting stocked on Aisle 1!

He's living proof that you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...

DOUBLE DOWN

Build Comments: I’m surprised Double Down hasn’t shown up again in the New 52. I didn’t think he was a great villain but he had a pretty unique look.
Ah, the most viscerally horrifying Gambit reboot ever conceived. The Flash has a weird rogues gallery. Nice to know I'm not the only person that remembers this guy.

Speaking of remembering, hi! This is the poster formerly known as Thine Mo, who dropped a couple of Horsemen a while back then left for so long the admin retired the name. I've got a little more time on my hands and a lot more ideas now, with a new topic awaiting moderator approval. I thought the man who inspired my initial burst of creativity should be the first to know about my hopefully triumphant return! [/shamelessselfpromotion]

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:12 pm

After a minor hiatus, we're back to work stocking new builds! And considering the @#$U*(@#%&@)#@$@)#$U@(#U@!)$_F#&!+!!! winter we've had here in the Midwest, the only kind of a run I could start to get my build juices flowing again is a BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE SPECIAL!

Cool. - Killer Frost

KILLER FROST
PL: 10 (141 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics (+1), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Science] 8 (+13), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Perception (+2), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Cold Control] 4 (+7), Stealth (+3), Technology 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack

POWERS:
Human Fridge: Feature 1 (You can generate sufficient cold to perfectly chill food and beverages by touch or keep cold items cold so long as you are touching them); 1 pt
Snowdown: Feature 1 (You can generate small amounts of ice and/or snow at will, up to about a handful per round, sufficient to give you ice to fill a glass or produce a snowball to throw); 1 pt
Insta-Chill: Feature 1 (You can cool small, hot items instantly by touch, turning boiling water into ice water, for example, or making hot food cold); 1 pt
Cold Shoulder: Feature 1 (You can generate a small drop in temperature, enough to give people “chills” in your immediate area, good for a circumstance bonus for some interactions); 1 pt
Immunity to Cold: Immunity 7 (Environmental Cold, Cold Damage, Environmental Heat); 7 pts
Skin Like Ice: Protection 4; 4 pts
Ice Walking: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Ice]); 2 pts
Thermal Vision: Senses 1 (Infravision); 1 pt
Ice Slides: Flight 5 (60 mph/900 fpr; Flaw: Platform); 5 pts
Cold Control: 28 pt Array; 35 pts
Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Variable Descriptor 2 [Cold and Bludgeoning or Slashing or Piercing]; 28 pts
Cold Projection: Environment 2 (120 ft radius; Cold [extreme cold]); 1 pt
Ice Sculpting: Create 13 (Ice; Extra: Permanent, Quirk: Will melt over time with exposure to enough heat); 1 pt
Cold Blast: Ranged Affliction 13 (Cold; Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 13 (Flaw: Affects Only Objects); 1 pt
Ice Binding: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Freeze Cone: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 9 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Ice Slick: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted and Overcome by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Cold Control +7 [Ice Blast +13; Cold Blast +13; Ice Binding Affliction +13; Ice Sculpting Create +13; Flash Freeze Weaken +13]
Special Attack [Freeze Cone Affliction +9, Cone Area; Ice Slick +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: Only extreme heat can sustain her, and Firestorm's particular heat is perfect for her
Weakness: Caitlin needs to absorb heat to not only fuel her powers, to sustain herself. Without it, she can become impaired, disabled and eventually die

Abilities 44 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 58 + Defenses 25 = 141 / 141

Build Comments: I always liked ice themed heroes and villains and Killer Frost is one of my faves. In the comics she was OK, but in JLU, she rocked. I think it was the punk/goth makeover that did it for me. Regardless, I felt the need to do my own version with some Power Profile updates to her cold powers.

I wanted a younger Killer Frost, more focused on power so I am doing a JLU/New 52 hybrid type of thing.

Secret Origins: As the one of the youngest and brightest scientists S.T.A.R. has ever recruited, Caitlin Snow began working with other scientists at S.T.A.R. labs outpost #72: The Thermodynamics Division. She was greeted and welcomed by the staff, but behind closed doors they wanted her gone. She took the place of another scientist, Dr. Louise Lincoln, and began studying her work on creating a self-sustaining thermodynamic engine which can create a perpetual motion of solar energy which would change the world’s idea of conducting energy.

On the verge of finishing the machine, her fellow scientists locked her in the chamber. They wanted the engine to explode with her in it, but things didn't go according to plan. The ultra conductor started feeding back into itself, and a bright light flashed before their eyes. Caitlin had rearranged the super-coolant wiring right before they turned the machine on, and it overloaded allowing the chamber to be flooded with cold air. The combination changed her completely.

The Story so Far: She emerged from the giant block of ice, grabbing the person nearest to her and draining him of his life. She felt so empty, that his warmth fed her, and thats when she knew she needed warmth to feel alive. One by one each of the scientists fell prey to her cold hands. From then on her life was never the same.

Three years later, her intellect allowed her to design a suit that could retain the heat she took from others yet she still needed to take the life of another. The one day she had her first fight with Firestorm, and she knew that his power was the only power that could make her normal again.

Try after try, she would get energy from him, but it never lasted long enough. From here on out she would try to either defeat him, or come up with something similar.

Characterization: Killer Frost has a heart as cold as her powers.

Friends and Foes: She remains a foe of Firestorm.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: J-Mart: Double Down, Killer Frost

Post by kenmadragon » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Killer Build, Thorp! :P

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:03 pm

Our BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE SPECIAL continues with this new build that truly represents how I feel about this particular winter season...

She's pretty hot for someone so cold...

ENDLESS WINTER
PL: 8 (124 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Deception 8 (+11/+13) [Attractive], Expertise [Actress] 3 (+5), Expertise [Business] 5 (+7), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+3), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+9/+11) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Cold Control] 4 (+6), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (3) (Wealth 3 [Millionaire])

POWERS:
Human Fridge: Feature 1 (You can generate sufficient cold to perfectly chill food and beverages by touch or keep cold items cold so long as you are touching them); 1 pt
Snowdown: Feature 1 (You can generate small amounts of ice and/or snow at will, up to about a handful per round, sufficient to give you ice to fill a glass or produce a snowball to throw); 1 pt
Insta-Chill: Feature 1 (You can cool small, hot items instantly by touch, turning boiling water into ice water, for example, or making hot food cold); 1 pt
Cold Shoulder: Feature 1 (You can generate a small drop in temperature, enough to give people “chills” in your immediate area, good for a circumstance bonus for some interactions); 1 pt
Skin Like Ice: Immunity 6 (Environmental Cold, Cold Damage), Protection 2; 8 pt
Cold Control: 34 pt Array; 41 pts
Ice Armor: Protection 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Reaction Damage 5 (Extra: Reaction [to being touched]); 34 pts
Blizzard: Environment 4 (250 ft radius; Cold [Intense Cold], Visibility [-5 modifier to Perception checks]); 1 pt
Ice Sculpting: Create 10 (Ice; Extra: Dynamic, Permanent); 1 pt
Cold Blast: Ranged Affliction 10 (Cold; Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Variable Descriptor 2 [Cold, Bludgeoning, Slashing or Piercing]; 1 pt
Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 10 (Flaw: Affects Only Objects); 1pt
Ice Binding: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Ice Slick: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted and Overcome by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Prone, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +3 [Flash Freeze Aura +5]
Ranged Attack +2
Cold Control +6 [Cold Blast +10; Ice Blast +10; Ice Binding Affliction +10; Create Ice +10]
Special Attack [Ice Slick Affliction +8, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +4 (+10 with Ice Armor, +4 Impervious with Ice Armor), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Inexperienced: Delores continues to focus more on her business and image than learning how to use her powers so she doesn't have a lot of control over them.
Motivation: Greed and extending her life.
Obsession: Her beauty.

Abilities 36 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 53 + Defenses 14 = 124 / 124

Build Comments: I only saw Endless Winter in the Cry for Justice mini-series a few years back and I figure you can never have enough FEMALE jobber villains, so I decided to modernize her background and whip her up.

I almost wonder if that series didn’t hasten the onset of the New 52. With Arsenal losing his arm, Ollie killing Prometheus and so on, I felt like irreparable damage was done to the GA-verse and the New 52 was one way to fix it.

Secret Origins: In the early 2000s Delores “Dee” Winters was a rare beauty − a rising star on the silver screen who might have become an A-list star with just a few more well-chosen parts. However, her career was cut short when she was kidnapped by the Ultra-Humanite for the purpose of a body swap. Brain surgery was undertaken and the villain's brain was placed into the cranium of the actress. The Ultra-Humanite did not give the real Dee Winters a second thought, he simply cast her aside and continued with his own maniacal designs which included gathering together powerful talismans, capturing the Justice League, and ruling the world. However, Superman was able to break free and stop his/her plans. This caused the Ultra-Humanite to switch into the white ape body he retains today.

The Story so Far: All who knew of Miss Winters' abduction believed her lost. The truth, however, was that Doctor Marten, the mad scientist who assisted the megalomaniacal genius, had other plans for the actress. He had seen all of the actress' movies and thought of himself as a fan, so he preserved her brain as only he knew how, and sought out a new body for her. He found one in a recent suicide at Our Lady of Snows' General Hospital. The reaction of the "saved" Miss Winters was far from grateful. She asked for death or for a prettier body. Whether Dee had always been vain is not recorded, perhaps the cause of her callous disregard for her new body and that of others was simply the result of the shock of having her brain and her essence, taken forcibly out of her own body and placed into that of a stranger. Regardless, she regained her life with a great sense of loss; of her identity and of the life she felt she deserved - and with the aid of Doctor Marten, she began a series of surgeries aimed at taking the ugly body of the suicide and transforming it into something beautiful.

Dee became intimate with reconstructive surgery and though it was painful she was a woman with a driven obsession. Yet she never achieved anything close to her former beauty and continued to beg Doctor Marten to locate a more suitable body. Marten finally found the answer when a contact of his at STAR labs informed him that the superheroine Icemaiden had been gravely injured and was in a coma. Winters paid the supervillain Warp to steal her body. Doctor Marten conducted the brain swap and because Icemaiden had a similar facial structure to Dee’s original face, performed some minor cosmetic surgery to make her look almost identical to how she looked before. Dee was ecstatic. Not only was she beautiful again, she had super powers as well.

Dee became an owner and operator of a spa/clinic that specialized in cosmetic surgeries but also secretly became the supervillainess Endless Winter. Covertly she worked with Roulette, another businesswoman who just happened to specialize in fight club gambling - with the fighters being heroes forced into knock-down, drag-out, kill-or-be-killed matches. The losers of these brutal fights would be given over to Winters and her doctors; their body parts would be sold to and implanted into clients who bought into the lure of youth, vitality, and that little extra rush of power that comes from being a metahuman.

Her clinic was infiltrated by Dr. Mid-Nite who was then captured. He escaped, however, and went after Winters. In the ensuing fight the clinic and spa was damaged while Delores Winters lost control of her own metahuman powers. She began causing snow and ice to form and blow within the confines of the clinic and even began freezing over her own body. During her confusion, Dr. Mid-Nite was able to subdue her and she was taken in SHIELD custody.

Characterization: Endless Winter has become a twisted and sadistic villain who has little to no regard for others and is only concerned with her own beauty and influence.

Friends and Foes: She has allied herself with Roulette recently but has started to take more side work to fund her clinic.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:40 pm

Our BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE SPECIALS continue with this J-Mart Favorite item for Aisle 1!

Call us bad guys, call us villains, call us whatever you like -- though I prefer "anti-heroes" myself. We may not be the ones you want marrying your daughter, but we have this to say for ourselves -- when everything goes to Hell -- we're the ones -- maybe the only ones -- that are certain to survive. Why, you ask? Because unlike the "good" guys, we're willing to do whatever it takes to survive. Honestly, I'd love nothing more than to put the whole thing out of my mind. Those weeks we spent trapped on that miserable Hellhole of a planet. But it keeps coming back to me -- the death and the tension and the waiting. So I let those thoughts run their course, and I experience it all over again for a few minutes like it's still happening. And then I get on with my life. Those in my profession don't get a lot of time for reflection. We're always moving forward. Always on to the next thing. We have to. It's what we know. We do what we have to do. We fight. And we survive. - Captain Cold

CAPTAIN COLD
PL: 10 (133 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception 4 (+8), Expertise [Criminal] 7 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 9 (+12), Insight (+3), Intimidation 4 (+8), Investigation 2 (+5), Perception (+3), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Guns] 8 (+12), Stealth 2 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Favored Foe (The Flash), Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Seize Initiative, Teamwork

POWERS:
Cold Costume: 4 pts Traits, Removable (-1 pt); 3 pts
Cold Protection: Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold), Protection 3; 4 pts
Cold Gun: 31 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-12 pts); 19 pts
Cold Control: 25 pt Array; 31 pts
Cold Blast: Ranged Cold Damage 8 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Fortitude], Split); 25 pts
Ice Blast: Ranged Multiattack Damage 8 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Ice/Piercing or Cold/Bludgeoning]); 1 pt
Not so fast, Slick!: Nullify 8 (Speed-based Powers; Extra: Broad); 1 pt
Ice Objects: Create 8 (Ice, Extra: Permanent, Quirk: Can melt with exposure to sufficient heat); 1 pt
Ice Snare: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Ice Slick: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 8 (Ice; Resisted and Overcome by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 8 (Flaw: Affects Only Objects); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +4
Guns +12 [Ice Snare Affliction +8; Cold Blast +8; Ice Blast +8, Multiattack; Not so fast, Slick Nullify +8; Ice Objects Create +8; Ice Slick +8, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Flash.
Honor: Despite his criminal ways, Leonard has a code that he lives by that includes no drugs, no killing unless they REALLY deserve it and no killing of women or children.
Responsibility: Leader of The Rogues. He takes care of the guys that are loyal to him.

Abilities 56 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 22 + Defenses 23 = 133 / 133

Build Comments: I’ve always thought that The Rogues were a neat concept and Captain Cold is the epitome of that. For a long time he was a pretty one-note villain type, but over the years, he’s almost become an anti-villain. Almost…

His tough but fair leadership of the Rogues and his occasional confrontations with more vicious types have made him a fan favorite and one of my personal faves as well. I plan working up takes on the rest of the Rogues but since I was doing a this cold themed run, I had to get Leonard up now.

Secret Origins: Leonard Snart was raised by an abusive father and took refuge with his grandfather, who worked in an ice truck. When his grandfather died, Len grew tired of his father's abuse and set out to start a criminal career. Snart joined up with a group of small-time thieves and in planning out a robbery, each was issued a gun and a visor to protect their eyes against the flashes of gunfire. This visor design would later be adapted by Snart into his trademark costume. In recent years he has added a radio receiver to them which picks up the police band to monitor local law enforcement. Snart and the other thugs were captured by the Flash and imprisoned. Snart decided to go solo, but knew he had to do something about the local hero, the Flash.

Snart read an article that theorized that the energy emissions of a cyclotron could interfere with the Flash's speed. He designed a weapon to harness that power and broke into a cyclotron lab, intending to use the device to charge up his experimental gun. As he was finishing his experiment, a security guard surprised Snart. Intending to use his gun only to scare the guard, he inadvertently pulled the trigger and discovered that his weapon had been altered in a way he had never imagined. The moisture in the air around the guard froze. Intrigued by this twist of fate, Snart donned a parka and the aforementioned visor and declared himself to be Captain Cold - the man who mastered absolute zero.

The Story so Far: Snart then committed a series of non-lethal crimes, on one occasion placing the city in suspended animation in an attempt to force Iris West to marry him as he had fallen in love with her when he saw her in the prison, but the Flash got through a wall of ice and was able to reverse the process. He later fell in love with a newscaster, and competed with Heat Wave over her in a crime spree, but they were both beaten by the Flash. But after Barry Allen's death, during the Crisis on Infinite Earths, Captain Cold became a bounty hunter with his sister Lisa, the Golden Glider.

The Rogues had first been assembled when another Flash foe, the super-intelligent Gorilla Grodd had broken them out of jail to distract the Flash. The Golden Glider had abandoned her bounty hunter career and had started partnering with a series of thugs who she dressed in a costume, armed with a copy of Captain Cold's signature Cold Gun, and called Chillblaine. Already distraught over the death of her lover, the Top, it seemed that the supposed death of her brother pushed her over the edge. But the last Chillblaine was a little smarter and more vicious. He murdered the Golden Glider, prompting Captain Cold to hunt him down, torture him and kill him by freezing his outer layer of skin and then pushing him off a high rise building. Not long after that, Snart was framed by a new incarnation of Mister Element. He used his Element Gun to simulate Cold's gun, using ice and cold to murder several police officers before Captain Cold and the Flash discovered who was actually responsible. With the death of his sister, and having killed Chillblaine and Mr. Element in vengeance, Cold had again become an unrepentant criminal.

However, during a confrontation with Brother Grimm, Cold actually worked with Wally West to defeat the powerful magic user, although this was mainly because he and Mirror Master had been betrayed by Grimm and wanted revenge.

Captain Cold was declared the leader of the Flash's Rogue's Gallery. His skill and experience have made him a strong leader to the likes of the Weather Wizard, the Trickster, the Mirror Master, and Captain Boomerang. Len even took the young Captain Boomerang under his wing after the elder Boomerang was killed. Tabloids rumoured that Captain Cold's sister, the Golden Glider, was Boomerang's mother, making him Captain Cold's nephew. This turned out to be false, however, as the new Boomerang's mother has been revealed to be Meloni Thawne, who is also the mother of Bart Allen.

Traditionally, Captain Cold is driven by three things: money, women, and the desire to beat Barry Allen. Although not the lech that Captain Boomerang was, Len Snart has an eye for the ladies, particularly models. When Barry Allen died, Captain Cold drifted for a while, jumping back and forth over the lines of crime and justice. He was captured by the Manhunter and served time in the Suicide Squad, worked with his sister as a bounty hunter (Golden Snowball Recoveries), and, with his longtime friend and sometimes nemesis Heat Wave, encountered Fire and Ice of the Justice League. He has teamed up with various villains over the years other than the many Rogues. These include Catwoman and the Secret Society of Super Villains.

Characterization: Cold takes his position as head of the Rogues very seriously. He employs a no-drugs rule (evidenced by his brutal beating of Mirror Master for his cocaine habit), docks pay for senseless and will kill only on certain occasions; he killed the Top for setting the newer rogues against him and his set of Rogues. He leads the Rogues in their 'code of honor' and refusing to kill women or children.

Captain Cold was not entirely as cold-hearted as his name suggests. He deeply cared for his sister, aka the Golden Glider, and looks out for the well-being of his fellow Rogues at all times, going so far as to arrange a secret funeral for the since-returned Captain Boomerang.

Although generally portrayed as rough around the edges at best, and known for his blunt attitude towards women, Cold has been shown to have a surprisingly moral streak at times. When circumstances have forced him to team up with the Flash, he has kept his word and avoided opportunities to stab Flash in the back even after the immediate crisis has been dealt with, admitting in private that he respects his enemy even if he operates on the other side of the law from him.

His favorite baseball team is the Chicago Cubs. "Plays 'em regular and dumb," according to Mark Shaw, the former Manhunter.

Friends and Foes: He has a ton of respect in the supervillain community and is loyal to his Rogues as long as they are loyal to him. Despite their long confrontational history, he has a great respect for both Flashes Barry Allen and Wally West, even though he certainly doesn’t enjoy the times they have worked together.
Shop J-Mart!