J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Another J-Mart Favorite Item, this one for Aisle 2, keeps our BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE SPECIALS rolling along!

Actually, for the first time in a long, long time... Everything is just great. - Blizzard

BLIZZARD
PL: 9 (105 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 4 (+5), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 2 (+3), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Cold Control] 5 (+8), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (1), Set-Up (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Blizzard Costume: 43 pts, Removable (-9 pts); 34 pts
Human Fridge: Feature 1 (You can generate sufficient cold to perfectly chill food and beverages by touch or keep cold items cold so long as you are touching them); 1 pt
Snowdown: Feature 1 (You can generate small amounts of ice and/or snow at will, up to about a handful per round, sufficient to give you ice to fill a glass or produce a snowball to throw); 1 pt
Insta-Chill: Feature 1 (You can cool small, hot items instantly by touch, turning boiling water into ice water, for example, or making hot food cold); 1 pt
Immunity to Cold: Immunity 6 (Environmental Cold, Cold Damage); 6 pts
Ice Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Ice Slides: Flight 4 (30 mph/500 fpr; Flaw: Platform); 4 pts
Cold Control: 21 pt Array; 26 pts
Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Cold and/or Bludgeoning]); 21 pts
Blizzard: Environment 2 (60 ft radius; Cold [Extreme cold], Visibility [-5 modifier to Perception checks]); 1 pt
Cold Blast: Ranged Affliction 10 (Cold; Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Ice Objects: Create 10 (Ice, Extra: Permanent, Quirk: Can melt with exposure to sufficient heat); 1 pt
Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 10 (Flaw: Affects Only Objects); 1 pt
Ice Binding: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 7 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Ice Slick: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 7 (Ice; Resisted and Overcome by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Snowblind: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Vision Impaired, 2nd: Vision Disabled, 3rd: Vision Unaware, Extra: Cumulative, Flaw: Limited to One Sense); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Cold Control +8 [Ice Blast +10; Cold Blast Affliction +10; Flash Freeze Weaken +10; Snowblind Affliction +7; Ice Binding Affliction +7]
Special Attack [Ice Slick Affliction +7, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Chicken: Donnie struggles to keep his confidence up at times and will not hesitate to cut and run if it looks like things are not going his way.
b]Motivation:[/b] Money and at least a little respect.

Abilities 34 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 34 + Defenses 22 = 105 / 105

Build Comments: Blizzard was another character that was greatly improved during his Thunderbolts run. He was great as the kinda chicken, unconfident guy. Now apparently his cold powers are natural because of the Terrigenesis Bomb that Black Bolt and Maximus dropped during Infinity, but I like him with the suit, so he’s old school Blizzard for the Superior Thorpacoverse.

Secret Origins: Donald "Donny" Gill was a criminal who was given either Gregor Shapanka's original Blizzard costume or a close duplicate of it by agents of Justin Hammer. He was occasionally partnered with the Beetle and Blacklash as the "B-Team".

The Story so Far: Later, Donny briefly became an employee of M.O.D.O.K. in yet another world takeover, but was quickly defeated by the Avengers. Angered by the fact that he had lost out once again, he found She-Hulk in a bar and preceded to freeze her in a block of ice, which she quickly snapped out of. However, as She-Hulk had had a hard day anyway, she refused to fight Donny; instead, she had him sit down next to her and carefully got him drunk before handing him over to the police.

Although the replacement Iron Man (James Rhodes) convinced the Blizzard to leave Hammer's service and attempt to reform, he eventually returned to crime and to his old employer. Much later, Abner Jenkins (the Beetle, now codenamed MACH-1) convinced him to join his new team of Thunderbolts. He tried his best to reform. Very meek for a former super-villain, he has had some trouble asserting himself.

After a while, he returned to his life of crime once more. He was upgraded and employed by Mandarin along other villains of Iron Man. Mandarin used Gill to commit terrorist acts, like freezing and disabling the desalinization plants of Abu Dhabi, UAE, leaving the country without water. Because Mandarin had implanted a bomb on him as well as in the rest of the villains, Blizzard decided to help Mandarin's prisoners Iron Man and Ezekiel Stane when they rebelled against the villain.

Following the apparent death of the Mandarin, Blizzard returned to the usual business of robbing banks and has recently been approached by Boomerang about teaming up for a big score.

Characterization: Donnie is very meek for a former super-villain and has had some trouble asserting himself. But he has usually come through for his Thunderbolts teammates when they needed him and he’s had some surprising success lately in his return to crime.

Friends and Foes: Although he continues to have trouble staying on the right side of the law, he has good relationships with his former Thunderbolts teammates that have reformed as well as the ones that have fallen back, like he has. Amazingly, he is generally well-liked by both members of the supervillain and superhero community, with each giving him many chances to prove himself, even though he continues to flip-flop back and forth with which path her prefers to travel.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Needle
Bystander
Bystander

Re: 1114

Postby Needle » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:13 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:I always liked ice themed heroes and villains.

This is great. I have a friend who only plays Ice-themed characters since he got obsessed with a pair of Ice-themed characters (though they didn't freeze his love for Batman). I guess I'm linking him here :mrgreen:

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Killer Frost, Endless Winter, Captain Cold, Bliz

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:25 pm

I no one has said so yet, Thorp, I'll say it...this a pretty cool series of thematic builds. :mrgreen:

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: J-Mart: Killer Frost, Endless Winter, Captain Cold, Bliz

Postby Bladewind » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:46 pm

I`d offer you props on those builds but I`m sick of this whole Polar Vortex crap !

(hmmmmm... how long til a villain comes out with that name ?)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: 1114

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Horsenhero wrote:I no one has said so yet, Thorp, I'll say it...this a pretty cool series of thematic builds. :mrgreen:

Bada bing! He'll be here all week, folks, don't forget to tip your waitresses! 8)

Bladewind wrote:I`d offer you props on those builds but I`m sick of this whole Polar Vortex crap !

(hmmmmm... how long til a villain comes out with that name ?)

OMG, dude, this has been one helluva winter. And as I sit here in the Heartland, we're supposed to get anywhere from 8 to 18 more inches this weekend. My brain wants closer to 8, but my sizable gut is feeling closer to 18... :cry:

Needle wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:I always liked ice themed heroes and villains.

This is great. I have a friend who only plays Ice-themed characters since he got obsessed with a pair of Ice-themed characters (though they didn't freeze his love for Batman). I guess I'm linking him here :mrgreen:

Funny you should mention cold themed characters and Batman...
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Our BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE SPECIAL is winding down, but we had to bring in this new item from our Gotham location before we shut 'er down!

I failed you. I wish there were another way for me to say it. I cannot. I can only beg your forgiveness and pray you hear me somehow, someplace... Someplace where a warm hand waits for mine. - Mister Freeze

MISTER FREEZE
PL: 10 (148 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [8], STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+8), Deception (+0), Expertise [Criminal] 2 (+7), Expertise [Cryogenics] 10 (+15), Insight (+3), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Guns] 5 (+8), Stealth (+1), Technology 10 (+15) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Inventor

POWERS:
Heart of Ice: Immunity 6 (Aging, Cold Effects); 6 pts
Cryosuit: 48 pts Traits, Removable (-10 pts); 38 pts
Body Armor: Protection 10, Impervious 3; 16 pts
Hydraulics: Enhanced Strength 6; 12 pts
Defense Servos: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2; 4 pts
Ice Adaptation: Movement 4 (Environmental Adaptation [Ice/Snow conditions], Sure-footed 3 [Flaw: Limited to ice/snow conditions); 5 pts
Self Contained Environment: Immunity 10 (Life Support), Feature 1 (Provides refrigerated environment for Dr. Fries); 11 pts

Cold Gun: 35 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-14 pts); 21 pts
Ice Beam: Line Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Line Area [30 ft x 5 ft line], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 30 pts
Ice Snare: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Cold Blast: Ranged Cold Damage 10 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Fortitude]); 1 pt
Ice Blast: Ranged Bludgeoning Cold Damage 12; 1 pt
Ice Objects: Create 12 (Ice; Extra: Permanent, Subtle, Quirk: Objects can melt if exposed to sufficient heat); 1 pt
Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 12 (Flaw: Affects Only Objects); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +3
Cold Gun +8 [Ice Blast +12; Ice Snare Affliction +10; Cold Blast +10; Ice Objects Create +12; Flash Freeze Weaken +12]
Special Attack [Ice Beam Affliction +10, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +12 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: Ferris Boyle, former CEO of Gothcorp, who blames for his condition.
Obsession: Victor's only goal is curing his wife Nora, which is why he chose a life of crime. Nothing else matters to him.
Weakness: Because of his condition, if he is exposed to above freezing temperatures without his suit, his stamina becomes impaired, disabled then debilitated in a few hours.

Abilities 42 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 65 + Defenses 19 = 148 / 148

Build Comments: Yet another reason why Batman: The Animated Series might be the best comic based TV in history. I find it funny the Mr. Freeze was really a joke character until they made him into a sympathetic, yet frightening villain in BTAS. Ergo, that’s the origin and general build model I’m using for him in the Superior Thorpacoverse.

On a side note, I don’t care for his new origin in the New 52, but for the most part, I’m finding that I like most of the updated origins, surprisingly enough, at least for the villains.

Secret Origins: As a child, Victor Fries was fascinated by freezing animals as a hobby he developed to escape the pressures of his brutal, control-freak father. His parents, horrified by his 'hobby', sent him to a strict boarding school, where he was miserable, feeling detached from humanity. That winter, when the other children went home for the holidays, Victor discovered that his parents had disowned him. He was thought of as in embarrassment, a mistake to be filed away and forgotten, and he never saw them again. In college, he felt that he may never feel a warm touch, but then came Nora, a beautiful athlete, with whom he fell deeply in love with and ultimately married. He later got a job teaching cryogenics at the local college.

Nora later fell terminally ill with a rare malady. Fries left teaching and took on a job working for a large drug company called GothCorp, run by the ruthless Ferris Boyle, so he could find a cure. Using his great intellect and passion for cryogenics, Fries discovered a way to put Nora into cryo-stasis, hoping to sustain her until a cure could be found. Boyle found out about the experiment, which Fries had conducted with company equipment and canceled the funding, attempting to have Nora brought out of stasis and overruling Fries' frantic objections. A struggle ensued, which resulted in Fries becoming engulfed in his own cryogenic coolants and being left for dead. Fries survived, but the chemicals had altered his body chemistry and his body temperature was lowered dramatically; he could now only survive at sub-zero temperatures. Fries escaped, unnoticed with the frozen Nora.

In hiding, he invented a special refrigeration suit to stay alive, and used cryonic technology to create a powerful gun which fired a beam that froze any target within its range. With this technology, he became a criminal called Mr. Freeze with a taste for diamonds and revenge.

The Story so Far: His first act as a costumed criminal was to take revenge upon Ferris Boyle, a plan with which Batman interferes. Mr. Freeze fired his freeze-gun at Batman, but he dodged, causing the beam to shatter Nora's capsule. Freeze blamed Batman, and swore to destroy whatever the Dark Knight holds dear. He once joined a team of Gotham's "costumed freaks" lead by Two-Face. The group attempted to destroy the remnants of Carmine Falcone's Crime Family. During the Columbus' Day Massacre, Freeze was assigned to the removal of Edie Skeevers. Mr. Freeze and the others eventually fought Batman and Robin in the Batcave, after a botched assassination attempt on Two-Face by Hangman.

Mr. Freeze's crimes tend to involve freezing everyone and everything he runs into and stealing money to fund activites and reasearch and diamonds for his passion. In addition, he hardly ever forges alliances with the other criminals in Gotham, preferring to work alone, although he has worked as a hired enforcer/hitman for the Black Mask.

He is usually imprisoned in Arkham Asylum when apprehended by Batman, for psychiatry on his insanity and a refrigerated cell for his medical requirements.

Characterization: Victor is obsessed with curing Nora. Nothing else matters to him.

Friends and Foes: He normally works alone but has occasionally allied with members of Gotham’s underworld. He has a long time vendetta against Batman.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: J-Mart: Endless Winter, Captain Cold, Blizzard, Mr. Free

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:19 pm

Man, I love me some Mister Freeze. Always a classic Bat-villain for me...

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:35 am

Our BABY, IT"S COLD OUTSIDE SPECIAL is wrapping up with this last new item!

F*ck Coke.

And F*ck global warming, too.

POLAR BEAR
PL: 8 (74 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -4, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+10), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 9 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 9 (+7/+9), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion (-2), Stealth 4 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Improved Hold, Improved Trip

POWERS:
Polar Bear Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Polar Bear Hide: Protection 3, Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold), Enhanced Skills 3 (Stealth 6 ranks, Flaw: Limited to snowy areas); 6 pts
Polar Bear Senses: Senses 5 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute, Extended, Ranged, Tracking]); 5 pts
Made for the Arctic: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Icy/Snowy conditions]), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 3 pts
Claws/Bite: Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Piercing/Slashing]); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +6; Claws/Bite +8]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +9 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Polar Bears cannot speak nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.
Enemy: The environment and man. Between those two things, Polar Bears are facing extinction.

Abilities 14 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 26 + Defenses 14 = 74 / 74

Build Comments: I plan on building a bunch of animal archetypes, but for now, they will be sporadic. I built these lovely polar bears because sometimes Mr. Freeze has one or two for muscle and also because they fit with my current cold theme.
Shop J-Mart!

jspade
Collaborator
Collaborator

Re: J-Mart: Captain Cold, Blizzard, Mr. Freeze, Polar Bears

Postby jspade » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Ice work, Thorp. You've got these guys down cold.
Jack of Spades' Builds

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:07 pm

We've got a new version of one our best selling items that's getting stocked on Aisle 2!

In terms of taking away the healing factor, Cornell said he thought it "took a bit of persuasion." Schaefer said her initial reaction was "I have no idea how anybody is going to react to this." "We talked about the possibilities and I brought it to Axel," said Schaefer. "I said, 'I think we had a lot of fun stories we can tell, and obviously we'd give it back to him at some point -- and correct me if I'm wrong, Axel, but you said, 'What if we don't?'"

"I'm making it sound like everyone was very amenable, but Paul and I have a relationship where we can talk things out and argue things out until their end point," Schaefer continued. "I think we came to a place where I said, 'I think we can bring this to someone, to Axel, and people will see the merit of it.'"

"This idea is something Paul is committed to," said Brennan. "For the first time in Wolverine's life, he can be killed. ... That's an interesting place to go. The healing factor's gone, but it's not erased -- the lack of the healing factor is a big part of the story we're telling."

"My feeling is that you can't be a hero unless you're actually under threat, unless you can actually do brave things," said Cornell.

WOLVERINE (KILLABLE)
PL: 11 (192 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 8 (+12), Deception (+2), Expertise [Military] 6 (+7), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Insight 5 (+13) [Assessment], Intimidation 13 (+15) [Skill Mastery, Startle], Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 11 (+19), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 4 (+7), Stealth 9 (+13), Vehicles 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Assessment, Beginner’s Luck, Close Attack (1), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Critical (2) (Claws 2), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (3) (Japanese, German, French, Lakota, Hindi, 5 others, Base: English), Last Stand*, Power Attack, Skill Mastery (1) [Intimidation], Startle, Takedown (2), Weapon Break

POWERS:
Enhanced Senses: Senses 9 (Normal Sight [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]; Scent [Extended, Ranged, Accurate, Acute, Tracking], Low-Light Vision); 9 pts
Adamantium Laced Bone Claws: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 4, (Extra: Breaking, Penetrating 9, Split, Flaw: Side Effect [takes 1st degree damage when extending claws initially]); 8 pts
Adamantium Skeleton: Enhanced Strength 1, Protection 2, Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Immunity 20 (Bludgeoning Damage, Flaw: Limited [Half Effect]); 15 pts
Berserker Rage: Enhanced Fighting 2, Enhanced Will 2, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Second Chance [Will checks against Mind Control effects], Ultimate Effort [Will Check]), Immunity 4 (Critical Hits, Mind Reading), Buzzsaw Strike 9 (Extra: Multiattack on Claw Strike); (Flaws: Limited [only when Raging], Side Effect [Cannot use Awareness based skills, Must make DC20 Will Check each round to stop fighting until incapacitated or exhausted]); 8 pts
Savage Wolverine Costume: 9 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 7 pts
Body Armor: Protection 1; 1 pt
Clawed Gauntlets: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Penetrating 5, Split); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +5; Claws +9, Critical 18-20]
Raging Close Attack +15 [Unarmed +5; Claws +9, Critical 18-20; Clawed Gauntlets +7, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Firearms +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 (+14 when Raging) [DC22/24]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +11 (+13 when Raging, Ultimate Effort when Raging)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sabretooth, Daken, Cyber, Romulus and others.
Honor: Wolverine generally lives by the samurai code, especially when in Japan. But he's willing to break it from time to time…
Prejudice: Mutant.
Reputation: He's the best he is at what he does, but what he does isn't very nice.
Relationships: Jubilee, X-23, Jean Grey, the X-students, memories of his deceased loves.
Rivalry: He and Cyclops have a long running rivalry for the affections of Jean Grey. And he has a thing about taking down Hulks, too.
Temper: He does have just a WEE bit of a temper…
Vulnerable: Because of his Adamantium skeleton he very vulnerable to Magnetic attacks.

Abilities 76 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 47 + Defenses 13 = 192 / 192

Build Comments: Well, all you Wolvie haters out there, I think you’re going to get your wish soon. I do believe they are going to kill off Wolverine this year.

There hasn’t been an official announcement but all the signs seem to be pointing that way. A few months ago, in the Killable arc of Wolverine, a sentient virus was able to take away Logan’s healing factor. So now the old Canucklehead is just like most of the Marvel world now and that has been quite an adjustment for him. He has to dodge now and everything! Much like Dan Slott’s constant denial that Peter Parker was “dead”, Wolverine writer Paul Cornell and Marvel big wig Axel Alonso have been saying that this could be the new status quo for Logan. I don’t buy it, but hey, if it helps them sell some more comics, who am I to deny the stimulation of the economy?

And now there are solicits for Wolverine #12 being a “game-changer” and a “landmark issue” and that Marvel expects to get “national attention” for that September issue. May be a bait and switch, but all signs are pointing to Wolverine getting the axe for a while. Iron Man is too hot right now to frag, and Cap, Thor and Spidey have all “died” recently (Thor more than once) so it looks like its Logan’s turn to spend a little time on ice as the “big comic death” for Marvel.

In the meantime, we’re getting a Logan that has to adapt to maybe not being the best there is. Sabretooth pwned him in their last matchup, enough that he had Logan dead to rights and just walked away. He also lost to a mind-controlled Black Panther badly enough that Kitty Pryde had to save him, which didn’t do a lot for Logan’s ego. And Creed planted the seed that Logan is a killer like him and yet all the other “real heroes” aren’t so who was he to count himself among them. So now he’s gone rogue, working for a mob boss called The Offer, which will distance him from the other main Marvel heroes, which I think further sets the stage for a heroic sacrifice in a “return from the abyss” type of thing.

So without the obvious advantage of his healing factor, there are other tweaks I made on this build based on my knowledge of it and how he’s currently being portrayed. I reduced his strength a tad and his stamina a lot since those should be tied in to muscle and other physiological recovery. Also, his healing factor always closed up the wounds that happen when he pops his claws so without it, he takes damage now so he’s been hesitant to use them. He’s replaced them with gloves that have similar, although not quite as effective, claws. He also got a new suit with some body armor in it. Something I don’t know if they’ve addressed is the adamantium poisoning that has always slowed his healing factor a bit do it constantly dealing with it. Eventually that will get him without a cure.

It will be interesting to see how the future unfolds for the old Canucklehead, but if he makes it through the year, I will be surprised.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Stormson
Groupie
Groupie

Re: J-Mart: Mr. Freeze, Polar Bears, Wolverine (Killable)

Postby Stormson » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:51 pm

The adamantium poisioning was actually dealt with when his adamantium was replaced ages ago, and simply isn't an issue anymore. I forget the exact reasoning, I want to think it was that when Apocalypse replaced it he just did it "right" or it was something shortly afterwards. This was also the little explained "reason" why his healing factor remained ramped up to boneclaw era levels even after he got the adamantium back.

MyManHercTheSecond
Bystander
Bystander

Postby MyManHercTheSecond » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Just as well. The concept of "adamantium poisoning" really doesn't make a whole lot of sense; can this indestructible metal really be dissolved by human blood in concentrations that are harmful?[/pendanticwhining]

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:09 pm

MyManHercTheSecond wrote:Just as well. The concept of "adamantium poisoning" really doesn't make a whole lot of sense; can this indestructible metal really be dissolved by human blood in concentrations that are harmful?[/pendanticwhining]

Yeah, I think that a bigger issue would be that coating bones with metal would prevent the Bone Marrow from making the lymphatic system from functioning properly.

MyManHercTheSecond
Bystander
Bystander

Postby MyManHercTheSecond » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Well, yeah, but that's a lot easier to write around: just say its a micro-latice built on the hard tissue with enough space to I'm just gonna stop myself right here before I embarrass myself or my doctor.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Stormson wrote:The adamantium poisioning was actually dealt with when his adamantium was replaced ages ago, and simply isn't an issue anymore. I forget the exact reasoning, I want to think it was that when Apocalypse replaced it he just did it "right" or it was something shortly afterwards. This was also the little explained "reason" why his healing factor remained ramped up to boneclaw era levels even after he got the adamantium back.

Good to know, I'll remove the Complication. I couldn't remember if it had been dealt with or not, so I left it in.

MyManHercTheSecond wrote:Well, yeah, but that's a lot easier to write around: just say its a micro-latice built on the hard tissue with enough space to I'm just gonna stop myself right here before I embarrass myself or my doctor.

LOL. Good catch. Never overthink comic science, my man. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Return to “Roll Call”