Infinite New Vindicators [2e] (OOC-full)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Infinite New Vindicators [2e] (recruiting ends 3/22)

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Well, it wouldn't be the first time I've had "ball of arms" man pitched. I was actually thinking about your proposed mage and a thought crossed my mind about an Esper who sort of absorbed the Tulpa of a mage that died. all that remains of the original Esper abilities is a rank of Mental Duplication, but as a trade-off, the Esper can now work magic.

The downside? There's the mages personality in their head, constantly yammering...giving advice, criticizing and occasionally (complication) usurping control. I didn't PM you with the idea, because I figure you're a very creative player and if you put your mind to it, you could easily come up with something as- if not more- creative.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:42 am

Cool character idea!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:32 am

Thanks, but if you hadn't been asking about a mage at the school, I probably would never have even thought of it.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Gilliam » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:18 am

TAHEKA

Artwork is "water_man_to_world_water_day_by_dadmoraes"

Identity: Secret ID

APPEARANCE
Size: Medium
Height: 5' 6”
Weight: 120 lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 8
Power Points: 120
Max Attack: 7
Max Defense: 8
Max Save DC: 9
Max Toughness: 8

ABILITIES
STR: 12 (+1)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 12 (+1)

COMBAT
Attack +5 (Melee +5, Ranged +5, Water Control +7)
Damage: Unarmed +1 (Bruise); Water Blast +9; Suffocation +9
Defense +8 (+3 flat-footed)
Initiative +2

SAVES
Toughness +8* (+6 flat-footed)
Fortitude +7
Reflex +6
Will +4

* +4 Impervious

SKILLS
Bluff 4 (+5); Knowledge -Popular Culture 3 (+4)' Notice 5 (+5); Sense Motive 4 (+4)

FEATS
Accurate Attack; Attack Specialization - Water Control (1 or +2 attack); Defensive Roll (2); Dodge Focus (3); Equipment (1 or 5eps); Precise Shot (1)

POWERS
Alternative Form 12 (Water Form)
-- Insubstantial [1] (Extra: Continuous) (Flaw: Permanent) (Feat: Innate)
-- Immunity [1] (Life Support; Critical Hits; Starvation & Thirst)
-- ARRAY Water Control [9]
----- [a] Suffocate [9]
----- [a] Water Blast [9]
-- Elongation [5]
-- Concealment - Visual [2] (Extra: Continuous) (Flaw: Underwater only)
-- Swimming [6]
-- Impervious Protection [4]

EQUIPMENT
Smart Phone (2eps)
Miscellaneous Items (3eps)

MOVEMENT
Base Move: 30 ft/60 ft/120 ft
Leaping: 10 ft/5 ft/0 ft
Swimming: 2 mi (1000 mph)

LIFTING
Light: 43 lbs, Med: 86 lbs, Heavy: 130 lbs, Max: 260 lbs, Push: 650 lbs

COMPLICATIONS
PREJUDICE - Tamati does not appear human in his superpowered form.
MOTIVATION - Tamati wants to make his parents and family proud of him.
FEAR - Heights.

SUMMARY
Abilities 14 + Skills 4 (16 ranks) + Feats 9 + Powers 60 + Combat 20 + Saves 13 – Drawbacks 0 = 120 / 120

BACKGROUND
Growing up in Christchurch life was good it was only a short bike ride to Brighton beach where Tamati and his brothers and sisters would spend most of the summer swimming, sun bathing and exploring the sand hills. Once or twice a year the whole family would make the several hours car trip up to Hanmar Springs to spend the day in the hot pools.

Things changed after the first big earthquake in September, while nobody died the liquefaction was a real pain to clean and any large aftershock would bring it all up again. Like most families in Christchurch Tamati's just rolled up their sleeves and cleaned up the mess. Several months later in February the second big quake struck causing massive amounts of damage and death throughout the city. Tamati's area of town was especially hard hit with buckled roads, broken houses and a lot more liquefaction.

Once again they tried to cope but it was a lot harder this time coming into a freezing winter with a broken home where Tamati could put his fist and arm through the cracks in the walls, having to rely on chemical toilets and collecting water from the local school and still the aftershocks continued. The neighbourhood started to change as families abandoned their houses because of the damage and lack of facilities and squatters began to move in.

The final straw was when it rained and their house and neighbourhood was flooded, this had never happen before the earthquakes but the authorities were adamant that there was no connection. It was after the first big flood that Tamati had his first migraine. Once again Tamati and his family cleaned up again, tried to dry the house out and waited for the insurance companies and EQC to decide if their house was repairable.

Over the next couple of months their house was flooded again along with the ongoing aftershocks.

It was now over a year since the second big quake and Tamati's family was coming into their second winter in a broken house, then it started to rain. Angry Tamati told the rising waters outside their home not to come into the house and somehow the water did not. In fact Tamati's home was the only one in the whole neighbourhood not to be flooded and as kids talked at school and rumours spread, sideways looks were directed towards Tamati and the rest of his family.

Making his way home from school one day Tamati came across a couple of older kids picking on much younger kids, without a second thought Tamati joined the fray knocking one of the older kids over and giving telling the younger ones to run which they did. It didn't take long for one of the bigger kids to get Tamati in a half nelson and the other bully with a grin lined up a punch at Tamati's head only his punch went through Tamati head hitting his friend. To Tamati's surprise he had turned into a water person, the bullies fled screaming about being attacked by a freak.

Keeping it quiet Tamati tried to pretend nothing had happened only a day later the rain came again flooding the neighbourhood except for Tamati's family home. This time the rumours were that Tamati was causing the floods and probably the quakes as well and a lynch mob surrounded their home.

The mob was dispersed by the police and within hours Tamati and his parents were meeting a member of the NZ Super Task Force, she advised them that it was not safe for Tamati to stay in Christchurch and he should move to one of the Vindicator Academies to learn how to use his powers. They agreed that Tamati would join the Tokoyo academy and later that day he was on a plane to Auckland where he would join up with another student before they would both travel to Tokoyo.

Unfortunately both Tamati and Zane immediately hated each other and within 2 minutes were rolling round and round on the floor trying to knock each others head off. When this behaviour continued to happen even after very long lectures it was decided by a coin toss that Zane would travel to Tokoyo and Tamati would join the academy in Sao Paolo.
Last edited by Gilliam on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:32 am

I majorly appreciate a bit of extra time, wifi has been playing up merry hell.
Demacia! (Garen, The Might of Demacia)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nareik123s Heroes

sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot

Post by sirzanek » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:34 am

I'm still fiddling with Stormhawk's array. Pulled out the Blast (Cooker has that covered), and the Move Object (not only does our friendly teleporter have that covered, but I completely misremembered how it works in combat, so I was busting caps left right and center). The more I think about what HnH is saying about focus, the more Berto is solidifying in my mind as a sort of Wind/Storm Controller (for any old CoH players out there) and less a lightning blaster.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:54 am

I can see the argument for move object on a guy who controls storms and wind. Also: He'd be the coolest guy to have around while hang gliding!

As for the blast, well, that's fine so long as you have an attack for combat. It can get a little dull being stuck in combat without any means of contributing.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:28 am

sirzanek wrote:I'm still fiddling with Stormhawk's array. Pulled out the Blast (Cooker has that covered), and the Move Object (not only does our friendly teleporter have that covered, but I completely misremembered how it works in combat, so I was busting caps left right and center). The more I think about what HnH is saying about focus, the more Berto is solidifying in my mind as a sort of Wind/Storm Controller (for any old CoH players out there) and less a lightning blaster.
I don't mind this. Remember, in 2e Move Object does no damage unless you have the Damaging extra and Grapple is broken (uncapped), so unlike 3e an higher than PL Move Object isn't necessarily against the rules.

Still, I like tightening up a character if it suits the player, and maybe Stormhawk can develop wind blasts, like Red Tornado or somesuch.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:52 am

@Gilliam- Nice build with Taheka. I've always been a fan of water elemental types, ever since I used to read Bill Willingham's "Elementals" from way back when. It's a very cool, but highly underutilized power set.

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Post by hero4hire » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:26 am

Very cool. This would definitely be a game I would try to get into to come back to the boards. Alas refamiliarizing myself with the setting, the rules, and coming up with a coherent sheet all today probably isn't going to happen. :shock:
I will however be following this one HnH...

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Well, the end of today merely signals the end of open recruiting, not the end of character building. Anyone who's expressed a strong interest can still pitch a character. I'm not accepting new interest after today, but there will be a few days after open recruiting ends, for builds to be finalized.

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:13 pm

OK So I'm working on Jason's sheet, however I'm a bit rusty with the mechanics. I'm designing a Construct to act as an AI for Jason's Kinetic Neural Implants, but I have a few questions.

Is there an Enhanced (Skill) Power in UP? I don't have the expansion and I can't seem to find it. I was thinking of doing something like:

Enhanced Skill (Insert Skill name) (Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Only Affects Others)
AP: Enhanced Skill (Insert a different Skill name) (Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Only Affects Others)

To represent the AI Transferring data to Jason so he can adapt to his current situation, his AI is there solely to reduce the load that Jason's hyperactive mind brain. The AI won't be boosting any other traits so I could theoretically just give the construct skills and make the construct do the tasks, although I do want the construct to support Jason, not take over.

Sheets about 90% complete of the Alpha build.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nareik123s Heroes

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:24 pm

Nareik- in UP, there is a listing for Enhanced (Trait), which can be either an Enhanced ability, skill or save (except Toughness). Basically, with few exceptions any non-effect (save producing) trait can be bought as enhanced. This turns it into a power which may be "pushed" with extra-effort and is subject to nullification and drain.

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:03 pm

OK, so I present!

Telekinetic Storm
Name: Jason Anderson
PL: 8
PP Spent: 120/120

Attributes (15pp)
Str: 12 (+1)
Dex: 11 (+0)
Con: 12 (+1)
Int: 16 (+3)
Wis: 14 (+2)
Cha: 10 (+0)

Attack Bonus, Defence Bonus and Saving Throws (31pp)

Base Attack Bonus: 2
Base Defence Bonus: 4
Dodge: 2
Total: 12pp

Toughness: 1 (+1 Con) (8 including Kinetic Barrier and Implant Enhanced Toughness)
Fortitude: 6(+1 Con)
Reflex: 5 (+1 Dex)
Will: 8 (+2 Wis)
Total: 19pp

Skills (23pp)

Computers: 8 (+3 Int)
Concentration: 8 (+2 Wis)
Craft: Electronic 6 (+3 Int)
Craft: Mechanical 6 (+3 Int)
Disable Device 2 (+3 Int)
Gather Information 4 (+0 Cha)
Knowledge: Current Events 8 (+7 Int)
Knowledge: Physical Sciences 8 (+7 Int)
Knowledge: Popular Culture 8 (+7 Int)
Knowledge: Technology 8 (+11 Int)
Notice 6 (+2 Wis)
Search 8 (+3 Int)
Sense Motive 10 (+2 Wis)
Swim 6 (+0)

Feats (14pp)

Assessment
Defensive Attack
Eidetic Memory
Equipment 1
Improvised Tools
Inventor
Minion 6 (A.K.A.S.I)
Move By Action
Power Attack

Powers (36pp)

Kinesis Adapt (Telekinesis 8) (16pp+3pp)
AP: Smite (Strike 8; Linked (Trip 8, Extra: Knockback, Flaw: Touch))
AP: Kinetic Smash (Blast 8)
AP: Kinetic Tether (Snare 8, Feat: Tether)

Implant Enhanced Toughness (Protection 2) (2pp)

Kinetic Barrier (Force Field 5) (Extra: Impervious) (10pp)

Kinesis Deflection (Shield 4) (4pp)

A.K.A.S.I Communication (Super Senses 1) (Communication Link: A.K.A.S.I) (1pp)

Construct

A.K.A.S.I (Advanced Kinetic Implant Support Intelligence)

Drawbacks

Weakness to attacks that disrupt Technology (-1pp)

Equipment

Cell phone
Laptop

Abilities (15pp) + Attack, Defence and Saves (31pp) + Skills (23pp) + Feats (14pp) + Powers (36pp) – Drawbacks (01pp) = 120pp/120pp

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.K.A.S.I (Construct)

Attributes (20pp)
Str: 0
Dex: 0
Con: 0
Int: 20 (+5)
Wis: 20 (+4)
Cha: 10 (+0)

Attack Bonus, Defence Bonus and Saving Throws (14pp)

Base Attack Bonus: 0
Base Defence Bonus: 0
Dodge:0
Total: 0pp

Toughness: 8
Will: 10 (+4 Wis)
Total: 14pp

Skills (4pp)

Computers 8 (+5 Int)
Concentration 8 (+4 Wis)

Feats (1pp)

Eidetic Memory

Powers (44pp)

Palm Sized AI (Shrinking 8, Flaw: Permanent) (4pp)

Holographic Projection (Astral Projection 1) (5pp)

Cold Machine (Immunity: Will) (30pp)

Advanced Computer Hacking Algorithm (Datalink 2) (4pp)

Operative Skill Enhancement (All Enhanced Skills and Feats have Extra: Affects Others and Flaw: Only Affects Others)
Enhanced Feat (Attack Focus: Ranged 6) (6pp + 6pp)
AP: Enhanced Feat (Attack Focus: Melee 6)
AP: Enhanced Skill 1 (Craft: Electronics)
AP: Enhanced Skill 1 (Craft: Mechanical)
AP: Enhanced Skill 1 (Disable Devices)
AP: Enhanced Feat (Diehard)
AP: Enhanced Skill 1 (Notice)

Advanced Location System (Super Senses 3) (3pp)
Communication Link (Jason Anderson)
Direction
Distance

Feature: Verbal Communiciation (1pp)

Abilities (20pp) + Attack, Defence and Saves (14pp) + Skills (4pp) + Feats (1pp) + Powers (35pp) – Drawbacks (00pp) = 84pp/90pp

:arrow: OK, so this is ambitious for my first build in a long long time. I think Jason is OK, but I imagine A.K.A.S.I is going to a confusing little thing, it sure took me several read through of constructs to build it.

:arrow: In regards to constructs, since A.K.A.S.I is one without strength and Dex, can he physically speak? Astral Projection is to represent A.K.A.S.I projecting himself as an hologram, but I couldn't find anywhere referencing that he has the ability to speak, despite being Intelligent.

Backstory
Last edited by Nareik123 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nareik123s Heroes

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:30 pm

If you mean am I going to require you buy communication for your construct, the answer is no. Now, since it has a commlink with Jason, I think I would require a feature for verbal communication, though I would also allow the same feature to allow it to hear. Note, this only includes Jason's native language, so people speaking to it in a language it doesn't understand can't communicate with it.