NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #14: Fly (IC)

Post by Horsenhero » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:44 pm

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 8 LP 2

Kas landed with Christian and Gabriel to be confronted by the sight of himself with Oscar and Xun. Immediately the Herzog began to bellow his faux outrage. It was exactly what Kas would have done in his place to try to put his enemies on their back foot, attempting to explain the whole conspiracy as they were set upon. Unfortunately for the Herzog, the one person whom the Princess would likely believe above anyone, knew what was going on. Now it was just a matter of keeping Oscar from killing christian before the ritter could explain events to his lady.

"Give it up!" Kas bellowed back. "Your plan has been revealed. Your duplicity undone. Surrender now...or face the humiliation of defeat, as well as justice."

It occured to Kas that Christian still held Harry within him, but if the man was as wise as Kasimir hoped, that situation would be corrected in short order.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:01 pm

NEW VINDICATORS ACADEMY OF EUROPE #15: Deport

HOFBURG PALACE (Kas and Jack; NPCs: Christian, Drifter, Gabriel, Gabrielle, Herzog, Oscar, Sophie)
"Stop him!" the Herzog thundered.

"Give it up!" Kas bellowed back. "Your plan has been revealed. Your duplicity undone. Surrender now...or face the humiliation of defeat, as well as justice."

"My plans?" snapped the herzog. "My intention to dissolve my sister's engagement to Freiherr Ronke hardly measures against impersonating a nobleman of the German Reich! Herr Christian; Herr Xun, I demand you restrain this traitor this instant!" He turned his glare on Jack. "And you will unhand my fiancé!"

Friday, March 20, 2009

ISOLATION (Otso)
Four days had passed since a group of New Vindicators had clashed with the man the Vindicators had dubbed Voleur. While Quintessence and Sprite didn’t appear to have suffered any ill effects from being around those afflicted by his powers, the four Amânar girls, Viktor, and Otso had not yet regained the ability to control their powers.

With Martin’s help, the girls were able to remain on the ground. Lydia enrolled in the school, while her siblings had returned to Romania with their parents. Viktor was now living in the Wreck Room, where he spent every minute of every day on a treadmill. As for Otso…
Michuru81 wrote:This one is entirely up to you, McGuffin. Go ahead and give us a summary of what Otso’s done: if he remained in isolation—if he’s allowed his loved ones to see him, ect. Given that Viktor is impervious to harm, he’ll volunteer to keep Otso company, and the Wreck Room can be configured to give you two adjoining rooms.

Most importantly, however, I assume that Otso had contacted Martin, to tell him about Tallemaja’s visit.
FIRST PERIOD (Lex; NPCs: Bottom, Doug, Fisher, Lena, Mike, Murphy, Nelson, Rose, Tatjana)
Doug was depressed. Mike was angry. In four days, the boys had yet to practice anything, and now it was the moment of truth. “All right, everybody!” Bottom exclaimed. “I want you to meet the judges you’ll be performing for.” He motioned towards the door, and in walked Doctor Fisher, Terry Nelson, and Roger Murphy.

“No fair!” Rose shot, pointing to the elder Murphy. “That’s Len’s dad!”

THIRD PERIOD (Martin; NPCs: Tatjana)
As Martin made his way to Catargi’s Sexuality class, Tatjana grabbed him. “You have to promise me you won’t tell anyone what I’m about to say,” she said.
Michuru81 wrote:Over the course of these four days, what has Martin done with regards to the mages?Also, depending on whether Otso tells Martin about Tallemaja's claim that she was helping Tatjana, does he approach Tatjana? Tallemaja?
SECOND PERIOD (Violet; NPCs: Anne, Ashworth, Doug, Elle, Eve, Finn, Herta, Kelly, Lexus, Lydia, Mike, Mouloud, Rose, Sarah, Steven)
Violet handed in her report. Tuesday night, Mike texted her to see if she wanted to work on it. Even though Rose had not come with him to the library, her frequent texts to him ensured as little work as humanly possible was done.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:33 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 2 CND: Normal

"Dear lord, what ever will we do?" Lex looks frantically from left to right in a faux panic, "Len could totally win and get the grand prize of nothing."

Lex rolls his eyes, "For the record, I believe the judges will be impartial."

"Mostly because I know Lena and Tatjana are pretty damn good," Lex notes before adding a shrug, "And because we haven't practiced together once."

Lex smiles sweetly, "But if you're still worried I'm sure we can put this off until next week and give Mister Bottom a chance to find replacement judges. Plenty of practice time for you to feel more confident, ya know?"

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:11 pm

The Blue Knight

It was so...empty. Just him, and an expanse of proper nothing. There's a situation for searching the old soul. He could think about how his fight with the Burned Man had gone-not great. There wasn't just another him out there, but apparently Gwyn was the inferior version. Not the leader Kas was, not nearly as cool as ddraig, just a lowly lost boy with no father. Twice over. Maybe Paladin had just been sick of playing wetnurse to such an overeager git, always chomping at the bit to act the grown-up-

"Cerulean blue is like a gentle breeze. Cerulean blue is like a gentle breeze. Cerulean blue is like a gentle breeze."

He breathed in and out several times. It almost felt claustrophobic, but that wasn't quite right-no tight spaces, no lack of air, wherever it came from, he was just in some place. Or rather, some space. He felt like he could move, but he wasn't even sure there was a floor that he was standing on to begin with. Faith, that was all. That his friends would get him out of this black hole before the sound of his own heartbeat drove him bounding mad.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, or close the wall up with our English dead. In peace there's nothing so becomes a man. As modest stillness and humility;"

Right now, he'd take the wall of the dead.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Martin had arranged a meeting with Headmaster Newton and asked the man to describe the circumstances that lead to his regaining his position with the school. Surely Tallemaja wouldn't be able to glean that information. When assured of the Headmaster's identity, Martin implores Newton to meet someone offsite with him. He encourages Newton to bring his 'daughter', Anne. When off-site and reasonably secure (no ravens about, for example), he'll lay out what he knows about Tallemaja, Martin will share the multiple recordings he has and explain about the mages. He'll ask the immortal genius Headmaster what he thinks should be done about the shapeshifting, power-mimicking enchantress and what resources could be devoted to her capture/containment. He'll arrange a meeting between Rembrandt and Isaac Newton. That day, preferably.

Regarding Tatjana, he'll give her a new lavender bath set where the soap and hair products are infused with an innocuous but unique chemical compound that he can detect but does not really register to most noses. He'll ask her to use this.

Under no circumstances will he approach Mary, nor would he confront Tatjana about letting and enchantress mess with her head.

When Tatjana confronts him he'll check for the presence of the compound, whether he finds it or not, though, his answer is the same. "Tatjana, I would, of course, make such a promise to you, and keep it. But know zat if you or someone else is in danger I could not stand idly by. And if I've promised not to say anyzing to anyone, zen I will be alone to confront a potentially dangerous situation. As I suspect I know 'ow you would feel in such a circumstance - distraught zat I may suffer 'arm because you had asked such a zing of me, I must ask zat you reconsider requesting me to make zat promise and just tell me what you are looking to tell me trusting my judgement in zis matter."

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:39 pm

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 3
Kas wrote: "Give it up!" Kas bellowed back. "Your plan has been revealed. Your duplicity undone. Surrender now...or face the humiliation of defeat, as well as justice."
Other Kas wrote:"My plans?" snapped the herzog. "My intention to dissolve my sister's engagement to Freiherr Ronke hardly measures against impersonating a nobleman of the German Reich! Herr Christian; Herr Xun, I demand you restrain this traitor this instant!" He turned his glare on Jack. "And you will unhand my fiancé!"
Jack’s kept his eyes open so he could keep tabs on the Herzog, Xun and Christian. But his tone was just as filled with anger and disgust as the Herzog’s. “Don’t you mean to dissolve your sister’s engagement to Ronke and replace it with one to the Count here once you’ve gotten rid of your fiancé and he's the royal heir?” The tattooed American’s eyes darted momentarily towards Oscar. “I overheard the Count and Gwyn talking earlier about the plan; they thought the Farouks betrayed them and Gwyn was sent to silence them and frame us for the deed.”
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:06 pm

Violet Lear
HP: 1

Violet was all business with Mike Tuesday night in the library. Which was easy because most of his attention was on his phone. This led to having to do most of the work herself, which didn't bode well for her grade. It made her wish she'd gotten the nerve to ask Herta for help. Shrugging it off, Violet took her seat and frowned at Eve. "My paper's a mess. I'm screwed."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:09 pm

FIRST PERIOD (Lex; NPCs: Bottom, Doug, Fisher, Lena, Mike, Murphy, Nelson, Rose, Tatjana)
"Actually, that might be an issue," Bottom said, "considering the prizes are for tomorrow night." He moved to his desk and picked up an envelope resting on it. Removing the contents, he flashed six tickets. "There's an indierock group playing in Vienna tomorrow night--Verbing Proper Noun."

Only Lena appeared to know who they were.

"Each member of the winning team gets two tickets."

"So, I'm going either way," Rose said, smirking at the boys. "I mean, you are taking me, aren't you, Mike?"

"Uh, yeah." Mike rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Sure."

Bottom reached into his pocket and pulled out a coin. "Heads, the boys will go first; tails, it's the girls."

The girls took their places: with Lena at the piano, Rose taking up her violin, and Tatjana behind the microphone, they began to play a medley of tunes. They began with the Rolling Stones' As Tears Go By, only to lead into the Beatles' Eleanor Rigby, and finished with Elvis Presley's Can't Help Falling In Love.

Through it all, it was obvious that Tatjana and Lena were carrying their group. Rose wasn't terrible, but she obviously wasn't in the same category as the other girls.

When they finished, Bottom called the boys up.
Michuru81 wrote:Odds = Heads; Evens = Tails (1d20=12) The girls will play first.

Tatjana's Perform (1d20+10=20, 1d20+10=25, 1d20+10=29)
Rose's Perform (1d20+8=13, 1d20+8=17, 1d20+8=9)
Lena's Perform (1d20+11=28, 1d20+11=29, 1d20+11=27)

61/71/65. We're going best of three for combined scores. Go ahead and roll your checks, Arkrite.

Roger is biased: the boys will get +2 to each of their checks.
THE VOID (Harry)
The only living thing inside of the extra-dimensional prison Christian had banished him to, Harry heard a voice call out to him from across infinity: "Blue Knight?"

HOFBURG PALACE (Kas and Jack; NPCs: Christian, Drifter, Gabriel, Gabrielle, Herzog, Oscar, Sophie)
"This is absurd!" the Herzog groaned. "Who are you? A face-stealing special determined to tarnish my good name? Xun, the princess."

Xun stepped forward and glared at Jack. "Remove your hand from the crown-princess, or have it removed from your body."

"Everyone calm down!" Christian exclaimed. He looked from Kas to the Herzog and back again. "I'm not sure which of you is the real-"

"I am," the Herzog groaned. "Ask me anything. Better yet, ask this ersatz anything. Ask him about the first time we met, Christian. Ask him about the ball the emperor held to announce my engagement to his daughter. Ask him anything, and watch as he fails to prove he is who he says he is."

Christian looked to Kas. "Can your prove you are the Herzog?"

Tatjana let out a laugh. "It's nothing so serious," she said before dropping her voice. "Kirstie's decided it's going to be this weekend: she's going to make love to Lex."

SECOND PERIOD (Violet; NPCs: Anne, Ashworth, Doug, Elle, Eve, Finn, Herta, Kelly, Lexus, Lydia, Mike, Mouloud, Rose, Sarah, Steven)
Eve jerked her head towards Steven, who looked just as disgruntled as ever. "I told you I was willing to trade."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:18 pm

Fluxx

"Oh, I will not say anyzing zen." Martin assures.

He fought for something else to say... "I'm... glad they are doing so well in zeir relationship." He says.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:07 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 2 CND: Normal
Michuru81 wrote:"So, I'm going either way," Rose said, smirking at the boys. "I mean, you are taking me, aren't you, Mike?" "Uh, yeah." Mike rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Sure."
Lex leans back in his chair and mutters to Doug, "Heads I win, tails you lose, am I right?"

Lex listened to the girls play with some appreciation. Without that albatross that was Rose hanging around their neck they'd have been killing it, especially on that last song. As it was? It was still pretty damn good.

He clapped as they finished off, "That's how it's done."

He stands up and grabs his guitar, gives Doug and Mike a toothy smile, "Might as well have some fun, right? Squeeze Box, Istanbul and then," He shrugged, Doug and Mike had left him high and dry by not even learning what song he was going to play, "High five. Just jump in and have fun with it."

He started strumming the guitar, "Moma's gotta squeezebox she wears on her chest..."

His fingers danced along the guitar as he sang, all the practice he'd put in had paid off. Unfortunately during Istanbul he screwed up the lyrics, and struggled to make a recovery, though his guitar never suffered for it.

Finally he came to the last song.

"You go right, I'll go left
Sometimes we don't agree

Lex shrugs.

But that's ok cuz in the end
We're still brothers you and me!

We'll go to Steak n' Shake sometimes
Cuz we hang out every night
And we do the same old thing
Sometimes we fool around too much
Cuz we are a frisky bunch
We get in trouble every day

Hey Ho straight through the heart
I'm for you and I know you're there for me
Give me a High Five
Hey Ho friends till the end
Can't you see that's the way it's got to be?

You're the money and the bomb,
But I talk about your mom
Even though it isn't right
Got to Mikey's play some games,
Stay up till the break of day,
Maybe get into a fight!

Hey Ho straight through the heart
I'm for you and I know you're there for me
Give me a High Five
Hey Ho friends till the end
Can't you see that's the way it's got to be?

OOC: Song One (Guitar + Singing) 1d20+14=34, 1d20+14=27
Istanbul 1d20+14=30, 1d20+14=15
High Five 1d20+14=33, 1d20+14=30

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:55 pm

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 8-1=7 LP 2

Thoughts raced through Kasimir's mind. He hated, hated, hated the deception they'd been engaged in, no matter how necessary and he wanted to simply admit the truth...but how would he get to say his piece if he did? The Farouk's had very little political cachet and it was likely...very likely...Sophie would be furious with him for his actions. Those very actions could get Jack, Harry, Gaspar and Astrid executed for merely supporting a gamble Elizabeth had persuaded him to take. Certainly, he too could be executed, but he was the lynchpin of the entire operation.

He had to try to make this right. He had to try to convince both Christian and Sophie of his truthfulness and regardless of the outcome.

"I...am Kasimir Flaegler. I am not the Herzog Kasimir Flaegler who plotted against his betrothed and tried to fake his own death, so as to throw suspicion off him when he attempted to kill her, but I am Kasimir Flaegler."

Pointing at the Herzog and Oscar. "I am assuredly not the man who would let his state of rut with the princess' brother overrule his sense of duty."

Holding his hands out palms up, he continued. "I volunteer willingly to submit to any interrogation the Princess sees fit to determine the veracity of my statements...would you do the same Herzog?"
Diplomacy Check. 1d20+8=19. meh. I can do better. HP for a reroll.

1d20+8=14(+10)=24. Not much better, but better.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:26 am

Violet Lear
HP: 1

Violet shrugged. Try as she might, she couldn't force herself to ditch Mike. After all, it was just homework. There was no need to stress herself over it. She felt bad about leaving Eve stuck with Steven though. "How bad was he? Did he do anything?"

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:10 am

"Yeah," Tatjana said, "it's about time. I mean, they've been dating for how many months?

"Anyway, there was this contest in Music. The winners were handed two tickets to this concert tomorrow night... Lex's group won. I figured he was going to be telling Kirstie anyway, so I told her about it last hour. She's going to turn tomorrow night into this whole thing--dinner, the concert, and then..." Tatjana squealed with delight. "Sorry, I'm just so excited for them."

As they started to play, Rose set her eyes on Doug. As he started to play, she stifled a laugh. She leaned over to whisper something to Lena--something that made her giggle--and while pointing towards Doug.

Doug immediately choked. He missed chords. He was out of sync with the other boys.

Rose continued to unnerve him through the boys performance. She leaned over to whisper something to Lena again; Lena's eyes popped in surprise at whatever was said.

As the last song began to wind down, Doug snapped a string.

Lena was on her feet as soon as the boys' set ended. Tatjana followed suit, energetically applauding. Rose stayed in her seat. Her eyes were narrowed on them, and her mouth was a hard line as she clapped sarcastically.

Despite how well they sounded, Doug looked dejected.

Bottom looked to the judges. "All right," he said, "how do you all vote?"

The three conferred for a moment, only for the headmistress to look up. "While we think everyone played exceptionally well, and should be very proud of how they played, we're giving it to the guys."
Michuru81 wrote:Doug's Perform (1d20+7=8, 1d20+7=16, 1d20+7=8) Two ones? Ouch, Doug... I forgot to add the +2 for Roger, so each of those is elevated slightly.

Mike's Perform (Guitar) (1d20+7=24, 1d20+7=27, 1d20+7=10) I initially rolled two sets of Perform for Mike, but discarded his rolls for singing in favor of providing a +2 bonus to Lex's rolls for his backups.

97/92/85. The boys smoke the girls on each song.
Christian looked to be at a loss. "With the emperor away, it falls on her highness to pass judgment. I believe it would be best to hold off until tomorrow, when the princess is feeling more like herself. In the meantime, as you have admitted to impersonating the Herzog, you'll understand if you and your companions are restrained?"

Christian bowed his head before looking to Duke Oscar and Herzog Kasamir. "I trust neither of you would object to my leading them to the dungeons? I'd offer Ritter Xun to escort them, but..." He looked around. "As I don't see Ritter Gwyn here, I am hesitant to leave you unprotected."

"You didn't restrain him?" asked the duke. "Forgive me, Christian, but I see the color of your skin--your state of wellness..."

"The imposter's companions," Christian lied. "I'll be fine once I release them into the dungeons."
Michuru81 wrote:I know I'm stating the obvious, but Kas alone knows Christian is lying--that the mage has Gwyn sealed away, and isn't letting the Herzog know it. Jack may be slightly clueless as to the ritter's whereabouts.
"Yeah, the bare minimum. His dad made him work with me--oversaw everything to make sure he didn't mouth off. He was mostly quiet. Honestly though? He did a lot of the work. I'd be hunting through my notes or rifling through Wikipedia, and here he'd already written half of it."

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:23 am

The Blue Knight

Could it have been the other him? He had been sent to this place as well-or at least hit by the same stuff that had sent him here. But he hadn't called himself the Blue Knight to him, had he, he'd gone with Hotspur instead.

"Aye, it's the Blue Knight. Who's that?"

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:39 am

THE VOID (Harry)
This voice failed to answer his question. "You need to get out of this place, Blue Knight. Jack, Kasamir, and the Drifter are in trouble. Herzog Kasamir is alive, and is sending our friends to the dungeons. I need to get you out, Blue Knight. You need to get Gaspar and Astrid and work to liberate the others."

Beneath his feet appeared a glowing glyph--one he'd seen before a day ago, when the Astrolabe took him from his own dimension to this imperial world.

The Drifter had suggested the Astrolabe might have been sentient--that it sent people where they needed to be. Was that who was talking to him now?

The blinding light filled Harry's senses, and when his sight came back, he was in Kas' room, standing in front of a perplexed Gaspar.