Kreuz Control - DOOM!, Hydra, Azazel, Angel, Juggernaut

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Psistrike » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:02 pm

Kreuzritter, I've loved your builds before but the most recent ones take the cake. Especially that you are doing the Evo versions of the X-Men, I've been hoping someone would for months now. Are you planning on stating up Spike as well, along with the New Recruits who showed up in season 2?

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:16 pm

my evolution list thus far reads as follows

:arrow: cyclops- DONE!
:arrow: Marvel Girl
:arrow: Nightcrawler
:arrow: Shadowcat
:arrow: Rogue (I'll be going with a stun/mimic combo here,
:arrow: Spyke (post mutation)
:arrow: Storm
:arrow: Wolverine
:arrow: Professor X
:arrow: X23

:arrow: Avalanche
:arrow: blob
:arrow: toad
:arrow: scarlet witch
:arrow: quicksilver
:arrow: sabertooth
:arrow: Pyro
:arrow: Colossus
:arrow: Mystique
:arrow: Magneto
:arrow: Juggernaut
:arrow: The Sentinel

on that note, the kids will be built down towards PL9, as an evo-based campaign would be based more on the role-playing than combat. the adult characters will be hewn towards my PL10 standards, except for the Sentinel, which should hopefully come out so dangerous that both the brotherhood and x-men have to team up to fight it (as was the case in the series)
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Psistrike » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:21 pm

On little thing I would like to request if it isn't too much trouble, Kreuzritter. Could you post in quotes under each of the main teens on Evo a season 1 stat varient, so we can see how much they grew throughout the series and to see what your opinion on how powerful each of them was in season 1 is? :)

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:27 pm

I'm afraid that I cannot acquiese to that request psistrike, as these builds will be oriented to being an "on average" portrayal (IE: could be used for any point in the show's 4 season run). in fact, the only one I can think of who would actually fit what you're asking would be Spyke, and there you'd just be shaving off everything but his blast

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Psistrike » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:40 pm

Ah, okies. I can understand that. Although Jean Grey's level of telekinesis and telepathy is vastly different in season one than in season 2, after she has the power surge. Was mostly hoping to see what you would rate her telekinesis and telepathy as in season 1, episode 1 than having full stats for her in season 1.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:45 pm

You called your gift a curse. If you go with him, I guarantee it will be.

Marvel Girl

PL: 9 (120)

abilities: (22)
STR 10 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 12 WIS 18 CHA 16

Combat: (24)
+6 init, +8/6 ATK, +8/6 DEF (+2 dodge, +3 flat-footed)
+0/9 DMG (unarmed/TK)

saves: (10)
TOU +8/6/1 FORT +3 REF +5 WILL +9

Skills (9/36)
bluff +6
cncentration +8
diplomacy +8
notice +6
sense motive +8

feats (9)
defensive roll 2, attack spec: telekinesis, dodge focus 2, improved initiative, teamwork 2, uncanny dodge

Powers (55)
flight +3 (6)
force feild +5 (5)
telekinesis +9 (feat: precise, extra: perception +1) (28)
telepathy +8 (16)

costs
abilities 22 + combat 24 + saves 10 + skills 9/36 + feats 9 + powers 55 = 129 pts

:arrow: like cyke, Jean's not at the awesome levels she'll be at someday, but she's a pretty capable psi right now with the basic tricks. It's been some time since I saw this show last, but I don't think she had a proper mental blast, considering her reliance upon her TK. and, while it might not be damaging, give jean enough reason and time to get creative and she can get downright nasty with it (just ask mystique after Jean used her for a pinball machine)
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Sun May 20, 2007 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:35 am

Nice Pugilist Kreuz. I would like to see your take on some of the old 1st ed Iconics if you have any free time in the future.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

mdauben
Hireling
Hireling

Post by mdauben » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:38 am

Hey, Kreuzritter. I've been catching up on the forum today and was reading through all your recent builds. Some nice stuff here! I did have a couple questions on your Cyclops, if you don't mind?
Kreuzritter wrote:drawback
Disability (Out of control powers) (-1)
I was wondering why you didn't use the Permanent flaw for Cyclops' powers? It seems tailor made for him. Is it because he can "turn off" his optic blast by closing his eyes? Just curious.

In either case, since since he doesn't have full control of his powers, doesn't he need to be given his visior as a Device to control them?
Mike

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:02 am

take it up with baron, since I lifted that from his cyclops build. as for the visor, that'd be equipment at most, not a device, since it's just ruby quartz sunglasses with really goofy frames

TroyXavier
Comrade
Comrade

Post by TroyXavier » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:11 am

Great Pugilist build. He's still my favorite character from 1st ed M&M. Also glad to see Copperhead who's one of my favorite underrated villains.
Club Thirteen is Risen.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:20 am

TroyXavier wrote:Great Pugilist build. He's still my favorite character from 1st ed M&M. Also glad to see Copperhead who's one of my favorite underrated villains.
yeah, copperhead's fun once you realize he's the aquaman of the jlu bad guys. lil sneak just can't catch a break

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:15 am

Yeah, like, I can totally fix it. Just gimme a second.

Gimmick, the Gadget Girl

PL: 10

abilities: (32)
STR 10 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 24 WIS 18 CHA 16

Combat: (30)
+6 init, +10/7 ATK, + DEF (+ dodge, + flat-footed)
+0 DMG (unarmed

saves: (9)
TOU +3 FORT +2 REF +5 WILL +7

Skills (23/92)
bluff +6, Computers +8, Craft (chemical) +8, Craft (electronics) +8, Craft (mechanical) +8, Disable Device +8, Investigate +5, Knowledge (earth sciences) +5, Knowledge (life sciences) +6, Knowledge (physical sciences) +6, Knowledge (technology) +10, Notice +6, Sense Motive +8

feats (20)
attractive, attack focus: range 3, benefit (META-4 security clearance), dodge focus 2, evasion, eidetic memory, Equipment 5, improved intiative, lightning calculator, improvised tools, inventor, master plan, skill mastery (computers, craft electronics, craft: mechanics, disable device)

Powers (36)
gadgets "utility purse" +6 (36)

equipment:
cell-phone [1]
commlink [1]
armored jumpsuit [3]
laptop computer [1]
masterwork tools [2]
Penthouse lab (use skyscraper HQ stats as on pg 148 M&M2E) [17]

costs
abilities 32 + combat 30 + saves 9 + skills 23/92 + feats 20 + powers 36 = 150 pts

:arrow: finally, meta-4's resident girl genius can be done the way I want her to be, rather than a cut/paste of the 2e gadgeteer archetype. thanks, Mastermind's Manual!

:arrow: Gimmick is of course, wholly reliant upon whatever tools she fishes out of her utility purse, so guys, yer gonna have to get really creative come a firefight
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Sun May 20, 2007 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:54 am

Behold the power of the wild!

Silver Shrike

PL: 9

abilities: (28)
STR 20 DEX 26 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 14 CHA 12

Combat: (32)
+12 init, +8/7 ATK, +9 DEF (+ dodge, + flat-footed)
+5/10 DMG (unarmed/strike)

saves: (8)
DMG +9/5 FORT +5 REF +13 WILL +7

Skills (16/64)
acrobatics +12
intimidate +8
notice +12
search+12
sense motive +10
stealth +10

feats (20)
acrobatic bluff, assessment, attack focus: melee 2, animal empathy, evasion 2, defensive roll 4, defensive attack, elusive target, favored environment (aerial), grappling finesse, improved grab, improved grapple, improved initiative, move by attack, startle, uncanny dodge

Powers (35)
enhanced dexterity +8 (8)
flight +5 (10)
protection +3 (3)
strike +4 (feat: mighty extra: penetrating +1) (9)
super senses +5 (direction sense, distance sense, extented sight x2, low-light vision) (5)

costs
abilities 28 + combat 32 + saves 8 + skills 16/64 + feats 20 + powers 35 = 133 pts

:arrow: silver shrike in all her glory, now at a respectable PL 9

:arrow: SS is built both from her template in 1st ed, and guesswork on what else she might have or how she operates. in this case, i chose to go with a more defensive character, whose primary concern is rescuing civilians. she will be revised if the META-4 Q&A thread updates with pertinent info
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Sun May 20, 2007 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:04 am

There's more to me than meets the eye

The Twist

PL: 9

abilities: (25)
STR 13 DEX 18 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 12 CHA 16

Combat: (26)
+6 init, +6 ATK, +8 DEF (+1 dodge, +3 flat-footed)
+2/5 +2 DMG (unarmed/extendo-punch + sneak attack)

saves: (11)
DMG +7 FORT +6 REF +6 WILL +7

Skills (19/76)
computers +6, bluff +10, diplomacy +3, disguise +10, escape artist +5, investigate +8, notice +5, search +8, slight of hand +8, sense motive +5, stealth +8

feats (19)
attack focus: melee 3, assessment, ambidexterity, benefit (META-4 Security clearance), connected, diehard, dodge focus 2, improved initiative, fighting style: Elastic CQC 8 (chokehold, elusive target, grappling finesse, improved grab, improved grapple, improved pin, improved trip, power attack, sneak attack)

Powers (35)
blast: extendo-punch +5 (10)
insubstantial +2 (11)
AP: elongation +6 [6]
protection +6 (6)
regeneration +2 (recovery rate) (2)
super-movement +3 (slithering, slow fall, swinging) (6)

costs
abilities 25 + combat 26 + saves 11 + skills 19/76 + feats 15 + powers 40 = 135 pts

:arrow: for the Twist, I decided to play up how she's a META-4 operative, and thus geared her towards being a spy, albiet one that was starved for human contact due to her powers. thankfully, what background she was given in the Super Unicorn thread gave me enough material to decide what else she might be able to do other than stretch.

:arrow: those who read that same thread may note I left off her cohesion suit. I'm ruling that as a flavor text complication
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Sun May 20, 2007 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

mdauben
Hireling
Hireling

Post by mdauben » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:05 am

Kreuzritter wrote:as for the visor, that'd be equipment at most, not a device, since it's just ruby quartz sunglasses with really goofy frames
I don't know. Admittedly the boundary between Equipment and Devices is kind of hazy in the rules, but I think that in order to offset a Power Flaw or Power Disadvantage, that the visior would have to incorporate a Power or Power Extra equal in PP value to the Flaw or Disadvantage (with the Device discount, or course). To me that makes it a Device.

Still, in the end its up to you as the GM, I suppose! :wink:

Thanks for the reply. :)
Mike