Create-A-Contest Round 7: PL8 Heroic Duo's! Vial Villains!

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
anji_kenshin
Collaborator
Collaborator

Create-A-Contest Round 7: PL8 Heroic Duo's! Vial Villains!

Postby anji_kenshin » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:45 am

Hello everybody!

Anji here, with a fun new idea that I'm sure we will all enjoy.

Here's the plan. I'll choose some kind of a theme" it could be anything as open to a villain themed with valentines day, or a sidekick with gravity control.

After I say this week's theme you guys have 1 week to turn in you're work, then a panel of judges will sort them out and choose the winner of that week!

The winner of that week will help in the judging for the following week.

Sound fun?

Good!

So here we go.

Round One Winner----------Fisdenallus for The Dark Fish

Round Two Winner----------Tonpa with Ex-Nazi

Round Three Winner-------------Taliesin brings us Arson Al

Round Four Winner----------Tonpa let's the art gallery come alive!

Round Five Winner---------Taliesin wins again with Apocrypha!

Round Six Winner's-----------Snowman and Howler take the win!

Round Seven Current round------Deadline December 27th

Rules

:arrow: No repeats! This contest isn't for pre-made charactrs, so in other words you can't use a character from you're own thread and post it here. After the deadline i up you're welcome to post your character anywhere you please. This is to prevent some people that may have been here for a while from having an upper hand.

:arrow: The previous round winner gets to pick the type of contest that is held, and I will choose the winner from that. The only exception is if the previous winner wishes for my to pick the round, and they get to judge. Both ways are fine, and up to the previous rounds winner.

:arrow: The person that issued the contest can not participate in that round!!!

:arrow: If you can't find a picture for your character you may use a pre-existing one. (Example: If your character is kind of like spiderman but you can't find one, you may use a picture of spiderman) However simply submiting a write up for spider-man because it sounds like it works for that round is against the rules.

:arrow: Every character is required to have 3 "plot hooks" in other words 3 different scenarios your character could be used in either as a villain or NPC.

It's heavily encouraged to track down a unique picture. (Even using a movie star or video game screenshot to illustrate your image is perfectly fine!) A perfect example can be found in round 4 when Tonpa uses the image from the movie "Monster House" this is just fine and encouraged!

Anji's Create-a-contest Round 1:

Content: A Power Level 10 hero that mixes any kind of control (Ex. Fire, Ice, Color, you're choice) with his close combat.

Theme: Be silly!

Try to be unique, a guy with fire dagger's is pretty common, thinking outside the box will help you in this!

Annnnddddd BEGIN!
Last edited by anji_kenshin on Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Check out my Character Thread
Join my Create-a-Contest

Tonpa
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Tonpa » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:09 am

:arrow: Hmmm, not that funny and original build, hope next week I can do better.

Martial Dark Hero; Mr Steam-Arm PL 10 (150 PP)

Attributes:
STR 14 [+2]; DEX 13 [+1]; CON 16 [+3]; INT 20 [+5]; WIS 12 [+1]; CHA 16 [+3];

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 [+4]; Climb 8 [+10]; Craft (Mechanical/Steam Tech) 15 [+20]; Concentration 3 [+4]; Diplomacy 12 [+15]; Disable Device 8 [+13]; Intimidate 3 [+6]; Investigate 12 [+17]; Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 5 [+9]; Knowledge (History) 5 [+9]; Knowledge (Philosophy & Theology) 13 [+18]; Knowledge (Steam - Technology) 15 [+20]; Notice 8 [+9]; Search 8 [+9]; Sense Motives 8 [+9/+13*]; Swim 4 [+6];
*Dedication

Feats:
All-Out Attack , Attack Focus (Melee) 8, Chokehold , Critical Strike (Constructs & Scientific Monstrosities), Dedication ; Endurance , Equipment 1, Favourite opponent (Constructs & Scientific Monstrosities) 1, Improved Pin , Improvised Tools , Inventor, Takedown Attack 2.

Combat:
Bab: +1; +9 [Melee]; +11 [Mechanical Arm];
Grabble: +11: +15 [Mechanical Arm]
Damage: +8 [Mechanical Fist]; +8 [Steam Blast]; +1 [vs, Constructs & Scientific Monstrosities]
BdB: +3 [ +13 Max with Steam Shield; +2 Flat-footed];
Initiative: +2; [+2 Dex;];

Saves:
Toughness: +7; Fortitude: +7 [+11 Endurance]; Reflex: +5; Willpower: +9 [+13 Dedication];

Powers:
Mechanical Arm
Enchanted Strength 4 Flaw: (Limited to one Arm) [-1]; (2pp)
Alternate: Super Strength 2 Flaw: (Limited to one Arm) [-1]; (1pp)
Strike 4 Feat: Accurate, Improved Critical 1, Mighty, (7pp)

Steam Control Harness Device 6 (Hard To Lose)
Environment Control 5 (2pp/rank – Extreme Heat);
Linked: Obscure 5 (All Visual and Scent) Extra: Linked to Environment Control [+0]; Flaw: Partial [-1]; Feats: Dynamic; (20pp)
Alternate: Fatigue 6 Extra: Area (Burst) [+1]; Feats: Reversible. Subtle 1. (1pp)
Alternate: Suffocate 5 Extra: Range (Perception)[+2]; (1pp)
Dynamic Alternate; Shield 10 ;
Immunity 1 (Own Powers) (1pp)
Protection 4 ; (4pp)

Equipment:
Multi Tools
Gas Mask
Flash Goggles
Handcuffs
Flash Light

Drawback:
Power Loss (All Steam Powers in Strong Wind - Rare Occurrence) [-1pp].

Attributes 31pp + 32pp [128 ranks] + Feats20pp + Combat 8 pp + Saves 16pp + Powers 34 – Drawbacks 1 = 150 pp

Beliefs
1) Life is a battle of body and mind; I shall purify myself.
2) True purity of flesh is find by unification with iron and Steam, I shall lead the humanity to new dawn..
3) The scientific understanding of true steam power is ultimate truth; the desecration of this ultimate truth is to use it to create monstrosities; I shall destroy all these mongrels.

Instincts
1) I‘m confident of my skills and abilities.
2) I’m careful and delicate in my quest for better tomorrow.
3) I love humanity, even if it’s knowledge and understanding is lacking.

White Howler
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby White Howler » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:29 pm

Cassandra Beckett / Glitter

PL: 8 (120pp)

Abilities: STR: 10 (+0) DEX: 16 (+3) CON: 10 (+0) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 12 (+1) CHA: 16 (+3)

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+13), Bluff 8 (+11/+15), Craft [Creative] 11 (+13), Gather Information 8 (+11), Knowledge [Pop Culture] 8 (+10), Notice 6 (+7), Perform [Dancing] 13 (+16), Sense Motive 6 (+7), Stealth 10 (+13)

Feats: Attack Focus [Ranged], Attractive, Benefit [Wealth, Fame] (2), Defensive Roll, Dodge Focus (4), Equipment (3), Teamwork (3)

Powers: Color Control 12 (Alternate Powers: Blinding 8, Dazzle [Visual] 12, Illusion [Visual] 12, Nauseate 8, Obscure [Visual] 12, Transparency, Light Control; Power Feats: Precise, Quick Change [2]; 34pp)

Combat: Attack +4 (+5 Ranged, +9 Blaster) [Unarmed +0, Blaster +5] Defense 22 (14 flat-footed) Init +3

Saves: Toughness +4 (3 flat-footed) Fortitude +3 Reflex +7 Will +3

Equipment: Glamour Girl Designer Armored Jumpsuit [+3 Toughness; 3ep], Blaster Pistol w/ Advanced Targeting System [+5 Damage; +4 to Hit; 12ep]

Cost: Abilities 18 + Skills 20 (80 Ranks) + Feats 15 + Powers 34 + Combat 24 + Saves 9 – Drawbacks 0 = (120pp)

greengobrin
Bystander
Bystander

Postby greengobrin » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:21 pm

Not best name but whatever.

Grav
PL:10/150 pp

Abilities(20)
STR 14 (+2) DEX 16 (+3) CON 16 (+3) INT 12 (+1) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 10 (+0)

Combat(10)
Attack +10/+2 Ranged
Defense +13/+3 Flat-Footed
Grapple +28
Init +7

Saves(21)
Toughness +7
Fortitude +8
Reflex +10
Will +6

Skills(15)
Acrobatics 10(+13), Intimidate 8(+8), Knowledge(Streetwise) 8(+8), Notice 8(+10), Sense Motive 8(+10), Stealth 10(+13), Survival 8(+9)

Feats(32)
Accurate Attack, Acrobatic Bluff, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Attack Focus Melee 8, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Dodge Focus 10, Elusive Target, Evasion, Grappling Finesse, Improved Grab, Improved Init, Improved Pin, Instant Up, Power Attack

Powers(52)
Gravity Control 10(Flaw:Touch Extra:Free Action) PP:33
PF:Triggered Upon Successful Grapple
-Ap:Strike 10(penetrating,move action)PF:Triggered Upon Successful Grapple
-Ap:Fatigue 10(Extra:Cone PF:Reversible)
Super Strength 15(Flaw:no lifting bonus) PP:15
Speed 2
Leaping 2

Abilities(20)+combat(10)+Saves(21)+Skills(15)+Feats(32)+Power(52)=150

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:12 pm

Jason Markin; aka "Voodoo"
PL 10 (150pp)

Abilities: Str: 14 [+2], Dex: 16 [+3], Con: 14 [+2], Int: 10 [+0], Wis 14 [+2], Cha: 12 [+1]

Skills: Acrobatics +10 [8], Concentration +6 [4], Escape Artist +7 [4], Intimidate +5 [4], Notice +9 [7], Perform (Dance) +7 [4], Sense Motive +9 [7], Stealth +9 [6],

Feats: Attack Focus (Melee) 8, Dodge Focus 4, Figthing Style (Capoeira) 13 (Acrobatic Bluff, Dodge Focus 8, Improved Grab, Improved Throw, Power Attack, Prone Fighting), Improved Strike, Martial Artist, Martial Strike 4, Takedown Attack, Tough 2

Powers:
Probability Control 10 - Whammy Punch
Extras: Jinx; Flaws: Limited (Jinx only)

Extra Attacks 2

Combat: Attack +6 (+14 Melee); Defense 22 (12 flat-footed); Init +3

Saves: Toughness +8; Fortitude +7; Reflex +8; Will +6

Trade-Offs: -2 Toughness / +2 Defense, -4 Save DC / +4 Attack

Cost: Abilities 20 + Skills 11 (44 ranks) + Feats 34 + Powers 50 + Combat 20 + Saves 15 = 150

Appearance: When out fighting the various villains and ne'er do wells of New Orleans, he'll wear a long black trenchcoat over a simple set of blue jeans, black dress shoes, and a white t-shirt. The shirt has a large voodoo symbol on the front of it, drawn in black and red. Covering his shoulder length dreads, is a black tophat with a red band, that he really just wears to tip to any attractive woman he meets during the course of superheroing.

Background:As a teen, Jason enjoyed an active lifestyle. He was on a few sports team, the Capoeira team being one of them. One year Jason was doing a family history project, and found out that through a second cousin his father had, he was related to gypsies. He found this old book in the library, very worn and covered with some strange sigils on it. He opened it and began to read, finding it very interesting. The part entitled "Curses, Jinxes, Whammies, etc." was what Jason found to be most interesting. He put the book back, not knowing the affect it had had on him. A week or so later, he was in a Capoeira tournament final, and was getting thrashed quite well. Jason got thinking to himself about how he wanted his opponent to screw up as he threw a kick. On his next attack, his opponent tried a jumping kick, and fell flat on his face. That slip up allowed him to score enough points to eventually win the match. This seemed to happen whenever he was losing a match and wished for his opponent to screw up, he almost always would. This eventually lead to Jason walking around his part of New Orleans defending people from being mugged and preventing small time robberies, under the guise of the hero "Voodoo", with his "Whammy Punch". Though he only does small time things right now, he continues to train himself in case something worse than hoods in ski masks comes to his town.

Tactics: Usually he'll throw a couple punches, then ram home with a whammy punch to set his opponent up for next round by throwing the voodoo hex on him. Of course, if he's really having trouble, Jason will use 3 whammy punches and get ready to rail his opponent next round.
Last edited by Evendur on Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank
Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

anji_kenshin
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby anji_kenshin » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:01 am

Thanks for the submissions everybody!!!

If submissions keep up at this rate I'll think about pulling the deadline in sooner, so we can move on to more rounds!

Fisdenallus
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Fisdenallus » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:36 am

The Dark Fish (PL 10/ 150 PP)

Str 10 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 14 Wis 16 Cha 12

Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +9 Tough +1 (+10 w/ Armored Jumpsuit and Defensive Roll)

Attack +4 Defense +6 (+10 w/ Dodge Focus) Initiative +6

Luck x3, Beginner's Luck, Teamwork x2, Improved Block, Improved Defense, All-out Attack, Dodge Focus x4, Defensive Roll x6, Improved Initiative, Elusive Target, Equipment 1

Craft: Artistic 4 (+6), Diplomacy 2 (+3), Drive 4 (+6), Escape Artist 6 (+8 ), Knowledge: Arcane Lore 2 (+4), Knowledge: Art 6 (+8 ), Knowledge: Popular Culture 6 (+8 ), Knowledge: Philosophy 2 (+4), Profession: Cartoonist 6 (+9), Sense Motive 2 (+5), Stealth 4 (+6)

Friction Control 10 (Feats: AP: Blast 10 (Friction Heat, Extras: Perception Range, Concentration Duration, Flaws: Limited: Moving Targets only), AP: Environmental Control 10 (One-Quarter Speed, Extras: Perception Range), AP: Nullify Machines 10 (Extras: Perception Range)), Immunity 6 (Drowning, Heat Damage), Super-Movement 7 (Trackless, Sure-Footed x3, Wall-Crawling x3), Speed 2, Swimming 2, Super-Senses 2 (Darkvision), Darkness Control 5 (Flaws: Full-Round Action, Feats: AP: ESP 5 (Visual/ Audio, Flaws: Medium: Shadows, Standard Action))

Equipment: Armored Jumpsuit, Cellphone, Mini-Digital Camera

Drawbacks: Minor Vulnerability to Cold Damage

The Dark Fish is a hero. What he lacks in training, he makes up for with pure luck and the clever use of his powers. This seems to be his biggest weakness, in that he relies on his powers too much and seeks to use them at every opportunity. By day Arthur Pollock ekes out a meager living as a cartoonist, and not a very good one at that. Although come evening he dons his purple and black armored jumpsuit, puts on an over-sized black scarf over his face and goes out to fight crime! Lacking any real know-how this means he runs shadow to shadow and tree to tree, down the local streets and in the parks, looking for any trouble he might stumble across. Occasionally he travels into the local waters to adventure and explore, sometimes he even comes across things of interest. The Dark Fish is a hero and legend in his own mind.

anji_kenshin
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby anji_kenshin » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:32 pm

I'm going to bump the deadline up to Tuesday, this is to much to let it drag on :)

Taliesin
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Taliesin » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:41 pm

Origami Man

Power Level: 10 (135pp)

Abilities: STR: 18 (+4), DEX: 18 (+4), CON: 14 (+2), INT: 16 (+3), WIS: 12 (+1), CHA: 12 (+1)

Skills: Concentration 8 (+9), Craft [Artistic] 10 (+13), Knowledge [Art] 10 (+13)

Feats: Attack Focus [Melee] 4, Defensive Roll 6, Dodge Focus 4, Improved Critical [Unarmed], Sneak Attack

Powers:
Dimensional Control 8 (2-D Form; Extra: Attack [+1]; 24pp)
Transform 8 (flat targets into origami animals; Flaws: Check Required [Craft [Artistic]; -1], Range [-1]; 16pp)

Dimensional Control Traits (16pp total)
Concealment 4 (all visual; Flaw: Limited [to one side; -1]; 4pp)
Flight 2 (Flaw: Gliding [-1]; 2pp)
Insubstantial 1 (Flaw: Limited [by width; -1]; 4pp)
Penetrating Damage 4 (unarmed; 4pp)
Super-Movement 1 (Slithering; 2pp)

Combat: Attack +8 / +12 (Melee); Damage +4 (Unarmed, Penetrating) // +2 (Sneak Attack); Defense +12 (+4 flat-footed); Initiative +4

Saves: Toughness +8 (+2 flat-footed), Fortitude +3, Reflex +8, Will +2

Abilities 30 + Skills 7 (28 ranks) + Feats 16 + Powers 44 + Combat 32 + Saves 6 – Drawbacks 0 = 135

:arrow: Sasaki was a down-on-his-luck art student who was reduced to taking a job at a newspaper printing press. A freak accident that should have killed him instead revealed his latent supernatural ability; Sasaki was pulled bodily through the printing press and came out the other end completely flattened and, surprisingly, alive. He discovered that he could distort physical laws governing himself and others, taking away a dimension of existence. Furthermore, Sasaki is able to take the two-dimensional forms of his victims and fold them into the shapes of various origami animals. Villains everywhere dread being transformed into lawn ornaments by this unpredictable new hero.

teleportingbassist
Zealot
Zealot

Postby teleportingbassist » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:04 pm

THE BIOCHEMIST
PL: 10 (150 pp)

ABILITIES: STR: 16 (+3) DEX: 18 (+4) CON: 18 (+4) INT: 18 (+4) WIS: 18 (+4) CHA: 12 (+1)

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Bluff (+1), Climb (+3), Computers (+4), Concentration (+4), Chemical 8 (+12), Diplomacy (+1), Disable Device (+4), Disguise (+1), Drive (+4), Escape Artist (+4), Gather Info (+1), Handle Animal (+1), Intimidate (+1), Investigate (+4), Arcane Lore 8 (+12), Life Sciences 8 (+12), Medicine (+4), Notice 4 (+8), Pilot (+4), Profession (+4), Ride (+4), Search 6 (+10), Sense Motive 6 (+10), Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth (+4), Survival 4 (+8), Swim (+3)

FEATS: Attack Specialization [Unarmed, Attack Bonus 14] (2), Dodge Focus (3), Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Improved Pin, Improved Grapple, Rage (3), Jack-of-All-Trades, Uncanny Dodge, Ritualist

POWERS: *Life Control [Fatigue] [10], PF: Incurable, , PF: Dynamic, , DAP: Slow Fade 3 Total Fade [+1] Self Only [-1] Boost Ability Scores (6) (STR 22, DEX 24, CON 24, INT 24, WIS 24, CHA 24), , AP: Energizing [+1] Healing (7), , AP: Drain (Any one Trait) (10), , AP: Fortitude Save [+0] Emotion Control (10), DAP: Regen 22: Bruised/Unconcious 3, Injured/Staggered 6, Disabled 3

COMBAT: Attack 10 [Unarmed +3 (Bruise)] Defense 23 (15 flat-footed) Init 4

SAVES: Toughness 4 (4 flat-footed) Fortitude 8 Reflex 8 Will 8

DRAWBACKS:

Abilities 40 + Skills 13 (52 ranks) + Feats 15 + Powers 30 + Combat 40 + Saves 12 – Drawbacks 0 = 150 / 150

Looks: He has pale white skin and black hair. His eyes glow an eerie orange when he uses his powers. He normally wears a t-shirt with the signature of Mark Twain on it, ragged jeans, and an old army-styled jacket.

Power Source: Accident (Biochemical explosion)
Last edited by teleportingbassist on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why" Slaughterhouse-Five

anji_kenshin
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby anji_kenshin » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:06 pm

Also background/descriptions of you're character are encouraged!

And remember it's PL10 :D

anji_kenshin
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby anji_kenshin » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:19 am

I'll be closing the contest in a few hours, just to give everybody a heads up :)

White Howler
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby White Howler » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:17 pm

looks Like I'll be with drawin' from the contest. I can't update Glitter an get her background up tanight. :( . I'll try next time darlin'.

anji_kenshin
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby anji_kenshin » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:22 am

And the winner is...........

Fisdenallus for The Dark Fish!!!!!!!!

Fisdenallus and I will pick out the next contest so everybody get you're pencils ready!

anji_kenshin
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby anji_kenshin » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:25 am

Here we go guys, round 2!!!!

Make a crazy PL:6 villain using.......color control!

He needs to be one of the baddest mama jama's there is, but how does he use the random power of color control to cause mayhem?

Fisdenallus and I will decide, so get ready because the deadline is......Halloween!

Note- It's suggest to give you're own back story for the character, you put thought into him/her so show it!

Be sure to describe how they use color control to do their evil bidding, and remember it's ok if they have OTHER powers they can use to complement their color control, however color control needs to be the main focus on this villain!
Last edited by anji_kenshin on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Roll Call”