Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Jab's Builds: 2nd Edition Stuff (Kept in Reserve)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:29 am

"No.

He belongs to ME." (about Doctor Octopus)

THE SANDMAN, circa Revenge of the Sinister Six
PL 10 (150)
ST 16/32 (+3/11) DEX 12 (+1) CON 17 (+3) INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 12 (+1)

Skills:
Drive 4 (+5)
Gather Information 4 (+4)
Intimidate 8 (+9)
Knowledge (Streetwise) 4 (+4)
Notice 4 (+4)

Feats:
All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 4, Fast Overrun, Improved Grab, Improved Overrun, Power Attack

Powers:
Alternate Form 19 (Sand) (Extras: Duration- Continuous) (Flaws: Permanent) [95]
Sand Form Powers (95 pp): Sand Blast 8 (Extras: Area- Cone) (24), Elongation 4 (4), "Spiked Balls and Stuff" Strike 2 (Feats: Mighty 2) (3), Super-Movement (Slithering, Permeate- Stone Only) (2), Density 8 (+16 St, +8 Impervious Toughness, Immovable 2, Super Strength 2) (25)-- AP: Insubstantial 2, Snare 8 (Extras: Constricting, Engulf) (24), Regeneration (Injured 4, Disabled 5) (9)

Saves:
Toughness +3 (+11 Density), Fortitude +8, Reflex +3, Will +3

Combat:
Attack +3 (+7 Melee), Damage +3/+11/+13 Strike), Defense +8, Initiative +1

Drawbacks:
Involuntary Transformation (Unpowered Mud When Doused with Water, Very Common, Major) [-5]
Vulnerable (Heat or Fire powers, Uncommon, Moderate) [-2]
Vulnerable (Wind Powers, Uncommon, Moderate) [-2]

Trade-Offs:
-3 Attack Bonus/+3 Damage Save
-1 Defense Bonus/+1 Toughness Save

Complications:
Enemy (Sinister Six)
Responsibility (That family he stayed with)
Responsibility (Reformed villain-turned-hero)

Abilities: 17/ Skills: 24--6/ Feats: 9 / Powers: 95 / Saves: 10 /Combat: 22/ Drawbacks: -9 (150)

Sandman is frighteningly powerful and hard to hurt, so thank god he's a huge retard and has tons of weaknesses to fairly common (for comics, and smart players like Spidey) plot devices. Actually, in the Sinister Six storyline, Sandman did rather little at all. He played an important characater role in the first issue, got frozen into glass in the second (Doc Ock used a special device created solely for that purpose), used as a trophy for the next couple before being shattered casually, and then burst out at the last minute in the end to blast Doc Ock full of nasty glass shards in a fairly gory end to the final HUGE fight scene. As such, Sandman got to use almost none of his powers in the story, but other stories have readily shown him to be a lethal opponent if he was smarter. Instead, he usually just stood there laughing at people attacking him, before getting invariably beaten by one of his weaknesses.

Looking at some other Sandman builds, I see alot of similarities (of course I checked some of them for powers I'd missed- sure enough, I almost left out Regeneration and Snare), though I decided rather than baseline good physical stats, I'd stick him with huge ranks in Density, and use THAT to excuse his rather large physical power (he's well above Spidey's weight class) and defensability. After all, ranks in Density rapidly amp up someone's strength and defense.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mike5000us » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:00 pm

OMG, Now that's one Powerful Queen of the Negaverse!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

So are you going to stat up Queen Metallia and Princess Serenity?
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"
Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Jabroniville » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:25 pm

"Would you knock it off? (To Electro)
You're an annoyance. There was a time when I'd have ripped you in half for that.
However, THESE days I'm more CIVILIZED.
I'll settle for just giving you the FINGER."

PLINK.

THE INCREDIBLE HULK, circa Revenge of the Sinister Six
PL 12 (186)
ST 40 (+15) DEX 12 (+1) CON 30 (+10) INT 24 (+7) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 18 (+4)

Skills:
Bluff 4 (+8.)
Craft (Mechanical) 8 (+15)
Intimidate 6 (+10)
Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 10 (+17)
Knowledge (Technology) 5 (+12)

Feats:
All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 7, Contacts, Fast Overrun, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Overrun, Inventor, Power Attack, Stunning Attack

Powers:
Super-Strength 8 (Feats: Bracing, Groundstrike, Shockwave, Thunderclap) [20]
Regeneration 5 (Bruised 2, Injured 2, Disabled 1) [5]
Leaping 10 [10]
Immunity (Disease, Poison, Cold, Heat, Radiation Damage) [9]
Growth 4 (Flaws: Permanent) [8]
Impervious Toughness 10 [10]

Saves:
Toughness +10, Fortitude +15, Reflex +4, Will +5

Combat:
Attack +1 (+8 Melee), Damage +15, Defense +5, Initiative +1

Trade-Offs:
-3 Attack Bonus/+3 Damage Save

Complications:
Enemy (The Leader, Abomination, etc.)

Abilities: 76 / Skills: 32--8/ Feats: 16 / Powers: 62 / Saves: 12 /Combat: 12 (186)

The Hulk that appeared in the Sinister Six storyline was the mixed Banner/Hulk from Peter David's run, and was written a bit weaker than normal, essentially the wrestling equivalent of a Jobber to the Stars (ie. someone who's a decent name that the villain can curbstomp to get legitimacy). Doc Ock whupped him into a coma in issue 2, but he recovered just fine the next... only to be KOed again by Gog in issue 5. Not a good series for the Hulk, but it does make him alot easier to stat. He gets standard Imp. Toughness (he took a full-on blast from Electro and only had silly hair as a result), high Constitution and some base Regeneration, but he's otherwise a LOT easier to toss around and hurt than he'd normally be (even in his own title). He's got some of the Banner in him as well, but Banner was always a very focused scientist vs. most of Marvel's uber-science types, so his skills aren't quite as crazy as a full-blown mad scientist.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Queen Metalli

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:07 am

QUEEN METALLIA
PL 16 (459)
ST 1 (-5) DEX 10 CON 30 (+10) INT 30 (+10) WIS 30 (+10) CHA 30 (+10)
Skills:
Bluff 12 (+22)
Concentration 8 (+18.)
Craft (Arcane Items) 12 (+22)
Diplomacy 6 (+16)
Intimidate 10 (+20)
Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 12 (+22)
Gather Information 8 (+14)
Notice 8 (+18.)
Sense Motive 10 (+20)

Feats:
Artificer, Attack Focus (Ranged) 3, Benefit (Overlord of the Dark Kingdom) 5, Equipment 8, Fascinate (Intimidate), Fearsome Presence 5, Leadership, Master Plan, Minions 15, Ritualist, Trance

Powers:
Magic 16 [41]
AP: Dimensional Portal, Force Field, Healing, Mesmerism, Scrying, Summoning, Teleport
Dynamic AP: Telekinesis 16
Insubstantial 3 (Feats: Innate) (Flaws: Permanent) [13]
Blast 18 (Extras: Area-Cone, Affects Corporeal) [73]
AP: Drain Strength 10 (Feats: Extended Reach 10, Slow Fade 5) (Extras: Alternate Save- Will)
Immortality [5]
Possession 15 (Extras: Duration) [60]
Growth 20 (Extras: Affects Others) (Drawbacks: Full Round Action -3) [77]
Immunity (Life Support) [9]

Equipment: Giant Castle in Dark Kingdom

Saves:
Toughness +10, Fortitude +17, Reflex +4, Will +15

Combat:
Attack +10 (+13 Ranged), Damage +18, Defense +5, Initiative +0

Trade-Offs:
-2 Attack Bonus/+2 Damage Save

Complications:
Enemy (Sailor Senshi)
Enemy (Tuxedo Mask)
Enemy (Moon Kingdom)
Obsession (Ruling the Universe)

Abilities: 71 / Skills: 88--22/ Feats: 42 / Powers: 278 / Saves: 16 /Combat: 30 (459)

Did I do this right? Not sure if ALL her other powers need "Affect Corporeal" or not. I don't think any of the magic ones do, but Growth and Possession might.

Queen Metallia is the first true big bad of the Sailor Moon universe. Pure energy in her basic form (hence Insubstantial at 3 ranks), she mostly sits there and gives orders (even to Beryl) for the majority of her appearances. Her one instance of actually doing something (aside from her slow form of Mesmerism to brainwash Endymion) is when she took control of Queen Beryl's body, grew her about 100 feet, and fired a monstrous energy beam at Princess Serenity, who (as I stated before) played out like five Hero Points, used all her Senshi's Hero Points, and the full power of the Ginzuishou, to blow Beryl/Metallia to kingdom come forever in one mega burst that was visible from space. If not for that, I don't think there's any way Sailor Moon could've won. Metallia's sheer power, the growth ranks, etc. would have proved unstoppable, and she could've likely wiped out the entire Senshi, and an entire city if necessary, in one burst.

The sheer cost of the build is pretty much a necessity since I couldn't just AP off everything like I would on most builds. Her Blast is clearly too powerful to be put under the Magic array (unlike Beryl's), her Possession is likewise a very unique and mighty power, and Growth is unrelated to either in terms of when she can use it. Heck, she can use all these powers simultaneously as others are ongoing, such is her might. I suppose I could toss in some drawbacks that she's stuck in the Dark Kingdom until (Blank) energy points are collected, but that's really just plot haggling and basically stuff that Queen Serenity did to her.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:14 am

"Buy a Misfits Record! Buy a Misfits Record!"

Old Lady: "Huh"?

"BUY A MISFITS RECORD..." (hands her a $20 Bill)

ERIC RAYMOND
PL 7 (61)
ST 10 DEX 10 CON 10 INT 18 (+4) WIS 10 CHA 16 (+3)

Skills:
Bluff 12 (+15)
Diplomacy 10 (+13)
Drive 4 (+4)
Gather Information 6 (+9)
Knowledge (Business) 10 (+14)
Knowledge (Civics) 6 (+10)
Sense Motive 8 (+8.)

Feats:
Benefit (Wealth) 2, Distract (Bluff), Equipment 2, Fascinate (Bluff), Minions 2 (Corporate Goons, Zipper)

Equipment: Whatever Techrat gave him

Saves:
Toughness +0, Fortitude +3, Reflex +2, Will +3

Combat:
Attack +2, Damage -1, Defense +2, Initiative +2

Complications:
Rivalry (Jem & The Holograms)
Rivalry (The Stingers)
Responsibility (The Misfits)
Obsession ("Who Is She Anyways?")

Abilities: 23 / Skills: 56--14/ Feats: 8 / Saves: 8 /Combat: 8 (61)

For those unawares: Eric was the manager of the EEEEVIL rock band, The Misfits, on "Jem and the Holograms".

Eric Raymond only has a few major advantages, but he uses them well. A wheeling, dealing, greasy as all hell record executive, he managed to fool Emmett Benton into giving him half-power in his company, and nearly took the whole thing if it wasn't for his classic ego, and his lack of Wisdom enough to reign in Pizzazz and the other Misfits enough times. His business sense is pretty nasty, as is his Bluff (how he makes his deals, as we've seen AGAIN AND AGAIN on the show... he's nearly inked a whole lot of nasty iron-clad contracts, only to fail at the last moment). Unfortunately, unlike almost every male character in the history of 80s cartoons, he's a COMPLETE wuss in combat, as one punch from Jem's boy-toy Rio is enough to flat-out KO him, and he fears Pizzazz's wrath more than almost anything in the world. Spineless in every way, but oh-so-greasy, he's one of the central characters in Jem & The Holograms for good reason; almost no conflict would happen without him.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:35 pm

SLAMMER
PL 10 (169)
ST 18/30 (+10) DEX 18 (+4) CON 18/30 (+10) INT 15 (+2) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 10

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+12)
Intimidate 5 (+4)
Investigate 3 (+5)
Knowledge (Tactics) 2 (+4)
Survival 2 (+3)
Swim 4 (+15)

Feats:
Acrobatic Bluff, Ambidexterity, Attractive 3, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (Government Agent) 1, Diehard, Fast Overrun, Improved Aim, Inspire 1, Leadership, Luck, Move-By Action, Teamwork, Computer-Downloaded Fighting Style 17 (Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 2, Attack Specialization (Staff) 1, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Improved Critical (Staff) 1, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Pin, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Power Attack, Takedown Attack, Weapon Break)

Powers:
Enhanced Strength 12 [12]
Enhanced Constitution 12 [12]
Deflect 10 (All Ranged Attacks, Extra: Action)
(Limit: Limited- Requires Long Object like Staff or Pipe) [20]
Super-Strength 3 [6]
Immunity (Aging, Poison, Disease, Heat) 4 [4]
Impervious +5 [5]
Costume: Protection 2 [2]

Saves:
Toughness +9 (+11 Costume), Fortitude +9, Reflex +7, Will +7

Combat:
Attack +6 (Melee +8, Staff +10), Damage +10, Defense +9, Initiative +4

Trade-Offs:
-1 Defense Bonus/+1 Toughness Save

Complications:
Enemy (Suntrion)
Responsibility (School)
Rivalry (Kanata)

Abilities: 31 / Skills: 24--6/ Feats: 32 / Powers: 61 / Saves: 9 /Combat: 30 (169)

Just tossing another original character out there. Slammer's the second-in-command of the Young Guns, and is basically a shy-but-strong commander with low-level strength and invulnerability, alongside great combat potential. All-around, she's one of the toughest members of the team, since he has no major weakness aside from short range, since most strong people aren't this fast or accurate, and most fast people aren't this strong.

Her Deflect was the best thing I could come up with for the trick of spinning a staff around and blocking things. It's not a Device power, since she could do it with just about anything (the staff is just strong enough to deflect bullets). I suspect people like Gambit or other semi-unrealistic types (I mean, you could NEVER do that in real life with a staff) would have the same power.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:09 pm

"Oh man, Inferno! I'm so confused! Slammer's so nice to me all the time, and she's built like a Greek Goddess! But Psi-Lash... I swear, she flirted with me that one time! And she's a cute blonde with a whip! But then there's the girls on Hostile Youth! You just KNOW one of them's willing to be the Black Cat to my Spider-Man! The Spike to my Buffy! The 90s Badass Marvel Villain to my Nerdy 90s Comic Book Writer!"

FASTBALL
PL 10 (146)
ST 10 DEX 14 (+2) CON 12 (+1) INT 11 WIS 10 CHA 6 (-2)

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+8.)
Bluff 2 (-2)
Computers 1 (+1)
Knowledge (Pop Culture) 11 (+11)
Knowledge (Current Events) 4 (+4)
Notice 4 (+4)
Sense Motive 4 (+4)

Feats:
Benefit (Government Agent) 1, Defensive Attack, Distract (Bluff) 1, Dodge Focus 4, Evasion, Grappling Finesse, Interpose, Set-Up, Takedown Attack 2, Taunt, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (Toughness Save), Ultimate Effort (Absorption), Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
Kinetic Control 6 (Feats: Ricochet, Split Attack) (Extras: Explosion) [21]
AP: Bouncing 6 (Feats: Move-By Action, Pinball 6, Ricochet) (Extras: Bounce-Back Attack)
Leaping 4 [4]
Force Field 6 (Feats: Selective) [7]
Absorption (Physical & Energy Attacks) 8 (Boost Powers, Slow Fade) (Extras: Energy Storage, Both Types) [49]

Saves:
Toughness +1 (+3 Costume), Fortitude +5, Reflex +8, Will +5

Combat:
Attack +5, Damage +0, Defense +5 (+9 w/Dodge Focus), Initiative +2

Complications:
Enemy (Suntrion)
Responsibility (School)
Obsession (Girls)

Abilities: 3 / Skills: 32--8/ Feats: 17 / Powers: 83 / Saves: 15 /Combat: 20 (146)

Fastball is a basic ripoff of Speedball invented when I was a kid and given more of a nerdy girl-obsessed kid spin, with my own idea of how Speedball's powers worked (never read New Warriors back in the day).

Fastball's a very low-key Energy Controller-type guy at first, but once he starts Absorbing attacks (which is as soon as he gets hit), all his offensive capabilities instantly rise and he starts going nuts. Thanks to his Force Field and Bouncing, he's nearly impossible to damage, and is a MAJOR annoyance in combat, capable of getting a surprising amounts of hits in, and at a huge level of damage. Only drawback is that his accuracy bites.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:56 am

(Note: Inferno's the other guy in the above pic)

"Oh yeah, there are TONS of fire-guys out there. And we've all got the same kind of names: Burster, Blowtorch, Blaze, Pyro, Torch, Inferno... but y'know what? I'll gladly take the most generic power any day if it means seeing the look on someone's face when you burn their pubes off."

INFERNO
PL 10 (151)
ST 11 DEX 12 (+1) CON 12 (+1) INT 11 WIS 10 CHA 10

Skills:
Bluff 2 (+2)
Concentration 2 (+2)
Diplomacy 2 (+2)
Knowledge (Pop Culture) 5 (+5)
Notice 2 (+2)
Sense Motive 3 (+3)

Feats:
Benefit (Government Agent) 1, Defensive Roll 1, Distract, Improved Aim, Taunt, Teamwork

Powers:
Absorption (Energy Attacks) 3 (Feats: Slow Fade) (Flaws: Limited- Heat and Fire Only) [6]
Fire Control 8 (Feats: Obscure, Stun) [18]
Blast (Fire) 8 (Feats: Split Attack) (Extras: Area Burst, Area Line, Area Cone, Aura, Area Shapeable) [57]
Flight (Fire) 5 [10]

Saves:
Toughness +1 (+3 Costume), Fortitude +5, Reflex +6, Will +5

Combat:
Attack +7, Damage +0 (+11 Fire Blast), Defense +7, Initiative +1

Trade-Offs:
-1 Attack Bonus/+1 Save Difficulty

Complications:
Enemy (Suntrion)
Responsibility (School)

Abilities: 6 / Skills: 16--4/ Feats: 6 / Powers: 93 / Saves: 14 /Combat: 28 (151)

Inferno's a fun little variant of the common fire-powered-guy build. Though lacking of full Torch-like abilities, he's got an insane FIVE Area-affecting variants of Fire Blast, plus a small Absorption power to give him more punch. He's rather low on most other aspects, sadly, but he's pretty much a one-trick pony on the Young Guns. Though, as the ONLY flier on the team, he's pretty integral to strategy.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:41 am

"Stand aside, Spider-Man. His heinous deeds must be PUNISHED. He must PAY for all of the INNOCENT BLOOD that he has SPILLED.
In choosing the path of EVIL, he must now face the SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE!"

GHOST RIDER, circa Revenge of the Sinister Six
PL 9 (167)
ST 12/24 (+1/+7) DEX 14/18 (+2/+4) CON 14/26 (+2/+8.) INT 10 WIS 12 (+1) CHA 12/18 (+4)

Skills:
Concentration 8 (+9)
Drive 13 (+17)
Intimidate 9 (+13)
Notice 4 (+5)
Sense Motive 4 (+5)

Feats:
All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 4, Favored Opponent (Demons), Fearless, Second Chance (Crashing Bike), Ultimate Effort (Drive)

Powers:
"Penance Stare" Pain 10 (Flaws: Sight Dependent, Side Effect) (Drawbacks: Full Power) [29]
Enhanced Strength 12 [12]
Enhanced Dexterity 4 [4]
Enhanced Constitution 12 [12]
Enhanced Charisma 6 [6]
Super-Strength 2 [4]
Immunity 9 (Life Support) [9]

Mystic Motorcycle- Device 2 (Easy to Lose) (Feats: Restricted) [7]
Speed 6 (Feats: Fast Overrun, Improved Overrun) (10)
AP: Strike, Super-Movement (Water Walking, Wall-Crawling)

"Mystic Chains" Device 6 (Hard to Lose) [24]
Snare 7 (Extras: Constricting) (Feats: Chokehold, Reversible, Tether, Improved Disarm, Improved Sunder) (28.)
AP: Blast, Trip

Saves:
Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Reflex +5, Will +6

Combat:
Attack +5 (+9 Melee), Damage +8, Defense +7, Initiative +4

Drawbacks:
Normal Identity (Full-Round Action) [-3]

Complications:
Enemy (Deathwatch, Blackout, Mephisto, etc.)

Abilities: 14 / Skills: 40--10/ Feats: 9 / Powers: 107 / Saves: 6 /Combat: 24/ Drawbacks: -3 (167)

Oh hey, this is actually very timely regarding the upcoming movie and all, and fits right into my Sinister Six concept! Yay for me.

Ol' GR is actually surprisingly hard to tie down to a PL 10 (150) type build. Best I could come up with is an over-pointed PL 10 (PL 9 in non-Demon fights), which I think makes some sense. When you think about it, Danny had a TON of powers (all his physical stats were increased, he was tough and strong, he had wicked chains flying everywhere, a super-bike, AND a dreaded mental effect), but was never really a Marvel heavy-hitter, and couldn't really get the job done on big baddies. Now, I'm sure Danny had some weird side-powers, being part DEMON and all, but I mostly left those in the dust for what we saw in the Revenge storyline, since these are his recognizable powers. I used his mystic chains as a Snare effect with Blast as an AP, since those were his primary uses, rather than Strike with Extended Reach, since I've seen him shoot those suckers like fifty feet, and by that point, you may as well just buy Blast for the extra range and be done with it. He's points-and-power heavy, but he doesn't do the damage alot of other guys do. He's scary, however, and probably decent in team combat to mess up the other villains. And of course, Beware the Stare.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby MM » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:04 am

Actually, I have to disagree with the fact that Ghostrider isn't one of the heavy hitters. I haven't seen him do much mind you, mainly guest start in other comics, and the two times that I saw him show up he basicly ended the fight.

The first was when he teamed up with the Fantastic Four. He turned his penance stare on GALACTUS! I don't care who you are, if you take on Galactus, you automatically get upgraded to a heavy hitter category.

The other was in a short story I read (I THINK it was canon) where Ghost Rider teamed up with the X-men. Ghost Rider was the one who killed the Brood Queen almost by himself (albiet aided by Wolverine and Gambit, but Ghost Rider was the one that was dealing the most damage and having the most effectiveness). Maybe the two stories I encountered over-hyped him a bit, but I'd say he'd at LEAST equal PL 12, and that would be a little low.

Secondly, you could change his bike from an easy to lose device to a vehicle. Vehicles are allowed to have super-powers, you just buy them with equipment points. It's cheaper, and lets you make it a LOT better.
Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, have no fun.
MM
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MM » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:51 am

Actually, I should probably rescind my previous comment. Ghost Rider does fluctuate in power a lot, and if at that time in the comic he was a lot weaker, then it makes sense.

I just realized that your Hulk is PL 12, and if he got toned down that much, then it's okay for Ghost Rider. Man, I should really think before delivering scathing comments. Sorry if I offended.
MM
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Jabroniville » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:12 am

I don't think constructive criticism counts as "Scathing", so don't worry, no offense was taken :).

Yeah, I've read that X-Men/Ghost Rider crossover, but I recall Belladonna (Gambit's wife) scored the final blow, and not much from GR other than him turning into a Brood temporarily and messing the X-Men up. I mean, he's TOUGH, don't get me wrong, I just rarely ever saw him score the final blow. His Penance Stare IS an uber-attack though, make no mistake (bloody thing cost like 30 points, it better be).

And like I said, I'm approximating Revenge of the Sinister Six levels here, which is why the Hulk is 'only' PL 12 with +15 Damage as opposed to his normally insane levels, along with having no Boost (Strength) or massive Regeneration powers (Hulk got WORKED in that story). Ghost Rider didn't do much in that crossover except for fighting Cyborg-X for a bit, beating on some robots, and getting stomped on by Gog. I do think Power Levels in this game aren't quite so important as some others, thanks to intangibles like Hero Points and things like that, so he could still knock some heads if required.

Oh plus, I'm not much of a Ghost Rider fan. So when I give him the short shrift, that probably accounts for it :). He's just WAY too 90s for my tastes, and all my friends back then were obsessed with the Antihero Trifecta (y'know: Wolvie, Punisher, GR) and annoyed me.

I'll probably change the bike to a vehicle, but I think he can possess it or control it or something (does it summon? I know his regular motorbike could turn into it), and I was too lazy to read up all the Equipment rules (my builds tend to just toss off some number for it and leave the rest to imagination), so this seemed like a neater package for something that's basically a superpowered hell-machine.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby MM » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:28 am

Alright then, makes sense for the motorcycle. And Belladonna got the final hit? Man, I need to go find that series again, I could've sworn it was GR. And like I said before, this is circa Revenge of the Sinister Six, so he's probably not quite as cool as he has been other places.

Also, as far as the penance stare thing goes in your build, what is the side-effect you have listed there for?
MM
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Jabroniville » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:18 pm

Side Effect in the "Pain" description says that if the enemy saves against it, it turns inward and affects you. Basically you get hurt if it doesn't work, which I know has happened to GR at least once (his wikipedia bio says so against Venom, who it didn't work against for some reason). There tends to be a lot of weirdness surrounding that power (it doesn't work on a coke addict, for example, and I have no idea why), so I figured that weakness could attribute most of it.

I found the X-Men issue in question, and it mostly features a Brood Ghost Rider beating the crap out of the assorted X-Men Blue Team members, and being resistant to permanent harm. Then Psylocke knifes him, bringing them into the astral realm, where a giant Brood is holding the Danny Ketch astral image hostage. Psylocke then knifes THAT Danny, breaking the hold of the Brood (never actually called a queen, though it is a monstrously-sized one, much larger than the usual space bug), in which Belladonna blows it to kingdom come (still on the astral plane, mind you). Flashing back to the real world, Ghost Rider seems OK, and there's more Brood to be killed. I guess that leaves another issue (in a GR comic I don't have) for him to kill another Brood Queen, so it looks like we may both be right on that one.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby MM » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:44 pm

I think so too, cause while I haven't found my comic book yet that I'm referring to (I have WAY too many cardboard boxes full of the things) I'm absolutely sure that Belladonna wasn't in it. *shrugs* Oh well.

And I guess I see what you mean about the Penance stare. And maybe the coke addict made his will save?
MM
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call