Kreuz Control - DOOM!, Hydra, Azazel, Angel, Juggernaut

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:36 pm

Ares wrote:Just thought I'd chime in with my first post to say what an awesome job you've done here Kreu. This is some outstanding and in-deapth work on these characters, and I could definitely see myself using them in my own upcoming M&M game.

Though admittedly I'd like to see a PL 11-12 Captain Marvel that could convincingly go toe-to-toe with your Superman build, but that's just my own personal bias creeping in. :D
then let me formally welcome you to the boards, Ares

guys, keep your eye on this one. given the time and inclination i've little doubt he's going to light up the settings forum like a christmas tree on fire
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Taliesin
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Taliesin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:11 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:
Ares wrote:Just thought I'd chime in with my first post to say what an awesome job you've done here Kreu. This is some outstanding and in-deapth work on these characters, and I could definitely see myself using them in my own upcoming M&M game.

Though admittedly I'd like to see a PL 11-12 Captain Marvel that could convincingly go toe-to-toe with your Superman build, but that's just my own personal bias creeping in. :D

guys, keep your eye on this one. given the time and inclination i've little doubt he's going to light up the settings forum like a christmas tree on fire
Heh. Is that Tony Wong art I see in the avatar, Ares? Good taste, too, if it is.

Ares
Hero
Hero

Post by Ares » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:57 am

Taliesin wrote:
Kreuzritter wrote:

Heh. Is that Tony Wong art I see in the avatar, Ares? Good taste, too, if it is.
Well, first off, let me thank Kreu for the warm welcome. I'm going to try and live up to those expectations. :)

And secondly, no, not Tony Wong, but close. It's an Chinese artist named Wing Shing Ma, who was the artist for a series called "Heavens Sword/Dragon Sabre", featuring quite possibly the most polite and humble yet phenomenally badass martial artist ever.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:05 am

Ares wrote:And secondly, no, not Tony Wong, but close. It's an Chinese artist named Wing Shing Ma, who was the artist for a series called "Heavens Sword/Dragon Sabre", featuring quite possibly the most polite and humble yet phenomenally awesome martial artist ever.
he's not kidding. by my estimates, that guy could easily fall somewhere between PL's 13 or 16.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:39 pm

Good stuff Kreuz.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Ares
Hero
Hero

Post by Ares » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:37 pm

And for those interested, the guy Kreu and I are refering to is Wuji Chang, and to see his awesomeness for yourself, go here: http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,127224.0.html

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:50 pm

"They once mocked me, you know that. They mocked Starfinger. But that was before I had a different power, in every finger!"

Starfinger

PL: 8 (120)

abilities: (30)
STR 20 DEX 10 CON 24 INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 16

Combat: (24)
+4 init, +8/6 ATK, +8 DEF (+2 dodge, +3 flat-footed)
+5/6/10 DMG (unarmed/finger-weapons)

saves: (8)
TOU +8/7 FORT +7 REF +4 WILL +4

Skills (6/24)
bluff +6
intimidate +4
Perform: Dance +6
notice +4
sense motive +4

feats (8)
attack focus: range 2, dodge 2, fascinate: dance, improved intiative, taunt

Powers (48)
Device: power-suit +12 (48)
- Blast "Laser Finger" +10 [29]
- AP: Flight "rocket thumb" +5 {20}
- AP: blast "sonic boom-finger" +6 (extra: area-explosion) {18}
- AP: dazzle "Sonic Finger" +10 {20}
- AP: Snare "vine finger" +9 (feat: tether)
- AP: snare "Ice finger" +10 {20}
- AP: strike "saber-finger" +5 (feat: mighty) {6}
- AP: strike "Fire finger" +10 (extra: area-cone +1) {20}
- AP: summon minions "fuzzy finger" +2 (feats: progression 9, sacrifice, extra: horde +1, duration +1) {12}
- AP: trip "hydro finger" +6 (extra: knockback +1) {18]
- feature "pyrotechnics" (+2 to impress) [1]
- protection +1 [1]
- Immunity +9 (life support) [9]

drawbacK (-4)
normal identity (full round) (-4)

costs
abilities 30 + combat 24 + saves 8 + skills 6/24 + feats 8 + powers 48 - drawback 4 = 120 pts

:arrow: getting a write-up based soley on the fact that he's a discotronic eurotrash supervillain, I present the man that's considered among the lamest of LoSH bad guys.

:arrow: for Starfingers fuzzies, I used the monkeys from the back of the core rules. and yes, in one action, starfinger can create 1000 fuzzy monkey-like critters that will remain in play even after he's walloped
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Sun May 20, 2007 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:00 am

"Like Ben used to say: IT'S CLOBBERING TIME!"

Big Brain

PL: 10 (150)

abilities: (6)
STR 30/0 DEX 14/0 CON 10 INT 30 WIS 16 CHA 10

Combat: (24)
+10 init, +10/6 ATK, +8 DEF (+2 dodge, +4 flat-footed)
+12 DMG (unarmed)

saves: (10)
TOU +12 FORT +4 REF +4 WILL +7

Skills (26/104)
computers +8
craft: chemical +8
craft: electronic +8
craft: mechanical +8
diplomacy +6
disable device +8
investigate +6
knowledge: history +8
knowledge: life sciences +6
knowledge: physical sciences +8
knowledge: technology +8
pilot +6
notice +6
search +6
sense motive +6

feats (29)
attack focus: melee 4, chokehold, dodge 2, eidetic memory, equipment 10, improvised tools, improved grab, improved grapple, improved pin, inventor, power attack, speed of thought, master plan, takedown attack, skill mastery (computers, craft mechanical/electronic, disable device), uncanny dodge

Powers (64)
Device: Thing Exo-Mech +16 (64)
- enhanced STR +30 [30]
- enhanced DEX +14 [14]
- immunity +11 (life support, critical hits) [11]
- protection +12 (feat: impervious 6) [18]
- superstrength +3 (feat: groundtrike) [7]

drawbacks (-9)
normal identity (1 minute) (-5)
vulnerable: magnetics (uncommon, moderate) (-2)
vulnerable: power drains (uncommon, moderate) (-2)

equipment
- headquarters: Baxter Bunker (Size: large, TOU: 15, features: computer, concealed, library, laboratory, garage, hangar, living space, power: immunity 9 (life support tank for Big Brain), power system, security system, workshop) [23]

- Fantasticar (Size: gargantuan, STR 40, SPD 7, DEF 6, TOU 11, Features: alarm, navigation system, remote control, Powers: Impervious TOU 5, Immunity 9 [life support]) [27]

tradeoffs
+2 TOU/-2 DEF

costs
abilities 6 + combat 24 + saves 10 + skills 26/84 + feats 29 + powers 64 - drawbacks 9 = 150 pts

:arrow: Imagine if you will, a future where the fanastic four eventually perished, save for reed richards, whose disembodied brain lives on in a secret lab beneath new york, alone and forgotten. that is, until a young mutant stumbles upon this lab, and tells the brain of the world above, a world in need of heros. moved by the lad's words, Richards installs himself in a robotic duplicate of the Thing, and joins Mutant 2099 in protecting the streets of new york for human and mutant alike.

:arrow: as you can see, Big Brain draws from several archetypes, and was indeed a royal pain to build.
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Sun May 20, 2007 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:58 am

Probably a good chap to have at your back in a fight though. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Green Gremlin
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Green Gremlin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:42 am

Hey Kreuz I just picked up the TPB of the Kirkman comic Brit. Don't know if you've read it but Mastermind from the invincible series shows up and displays an ability he didn't in his invincible appearance. He mindcontrolled a crowd of people to form an exoskeleton sort of thing with him as the head ofcourse. Anyway I was wondering how in game play you could do that sort of thing. Curious about your input.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am

Green Gremlin wrote:Hey Kreuz I just picked up the TPB of the Kirkman comic Brit. Don't know if you've read it but Mastermind from the invincible series shows up and displays an ability he didn't in his invincible appearance. He mindcontrolled a crowd of people to form an exoskeleton sort of thing with him as the head ofcourse. Anyway I was wondering how in game play you could do that sort of thing. Curious about your input.
that was indeed a powr i was considering for him, but the best I can think of would be growth flawed with a medium (since the extra size is made up of his thrals), and ablative (he can literally be cut down to size

Green Gremlin
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Green Gremlin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:36 pm

Thats what happened too. Those poor folks.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:08 pm

"Bing, Bango... jango!"

Jango

PL: 10 (107)

abilities: (32)
STR 10 DEX 14 CON 14 INT 14 WIS 16 CHA 24

Combat: (16)
+2 init, +4 ATK, +4 DEF (+4 flat-footed)
+0/3 DMG (unarmed/disc)

saves: (9)
TOU +5/2 FORT +7 REF +5 WILL +4

Skills (18/72)
bluff +8
diplomacy +8
gather info +6
intimidate +4
knowledge: streetwise +6
Perform: Dance +10
profession: pirate +6
notice +6
sense motive +8
stealth +4
swimming +6

feats (15)
defensive roll 3, diehard, distract, fascinate 3 (bluff, diplomacy, dance), inspire 3, leadership, taunt, seize initiative, luck

Powers (17)
device: hypno-disc +5 (feat: restricted-jango) (17)
- Mind Control +10 (feat: subtle, extra: conscious +1, flaw: sense dependant -1) [22]
- AP: Strike +2 (feats: extend reach, improved critical, thrown) {5}

costs
abilities 32 + combat 16 + saves 9 + skills 18/72 + feats 15 + powers 17 = 107 pts

:arrow: one of the more popular and outlandish characters from One Peice, jango's a pirate specializing in hypnosis and being a dace machine. in fact, as an adventure, GM's could do worse than pairing him up with Starfinger for some heist/con job
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Sun May 20, 2007 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:19 pm

"Who is the most beautiful woman on the seas?"

Alvida

Alvida is first shown in the series as Luffy's first known defeated pirate captain. When he entered a ship that was under attack from Alvida's Pirates, he befriended a poor chap named Coby. Alvida forced Coby as her swabby. When Alvida attacked Luffy it was her first big mistake. She was defeated with one swift blow, sending her out in the sea.

This didn't end the story of Alvida but in truth only sparked a different flame. Alvida was never defeated by a man before and gained an infatuation with Luffy. She decided to hunt the man she loves down but this time with power. She gained assess to a Devil's Fruit, the Slipslip Fruit. This causes her body to slim down and gain her body become near frictionless. Soon after she joined forces with Captain Buggy, and the pair have been after Luffy ever since.

PL: 9 (135)

abilities: (34)
STR 20 DEX 14 CON 24 INT 10 WIS 14 CHA 26

Combat: (12)
+6 init, +8/6 ATK, +10/0 DEF (+10 deflect, +0 flat-footed)
+7/12 DMG (unarmed/mace)

saves: (6)
TOU +10/7 FORT +7 REF +5 WILL +5

Skills (15/60)
bluff +10
climb +6
diplomacy +6
intimidate +8
knowledge: tactics +6
notice +6
profession: pirate +6
search +6
sense motive +6

feats (17)
attractive, assessment, attack spec: mace, defensive roll 3, diehard, all-out attack, distract: bluff, fascinate: bluff, improved block, improved overrun, power attack, startle, takedown attack 2, improved initiative

Powers (72)
Deflect +10 (all ranged, extras: action +3, automatic +1) (60)
Device: Iron Mace +2 (6)
- Strike +7 (feats: mighty, extend reach, improved critical) [10]
Enhanced CHA +14 (14)
Speed +2 (2)

drawbacks
power loss (deflect/speed when immersed in water or proximity to seastone, uncommon) (-2)
Vulnerable (swim checks; very uncommon, major) (-4)

costs
abilities 34 + combat 12 + saves 6 + skills 16/64 + feats 17 + powers 72 - drawbacks 6 = 150 pts

:arrow: now here's somebody that was even more annoying to properly convert, such that I had to make her defense wholly reliant upon deflect (which, as suggested in UP, can be used for melee defense too.)

:arrow: by the way, can anybody guess which existing build on my thread I used to start Alvida's stats? this character can be found in the second post if you need a hint.
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Sun May 20, 2007 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:43 pm

More interesting builds Kreuz. Don't you ever sleep? 8)