Realm of Legends [fantasy world, link to any other campaign]

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Realm of Legends [fantasy world, link to any other campaign]

Postby Psistrike » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:35 pm

"I am The Realm, at least that is what the inhabitants who live on me call me. I've existed for eons and have seen many things, viewed countless other dimensions and realities. And in all of them I've found that leaders always tend to become corrupt, ruling over their "subjects" as either tyrants or treating them no better than slaves many times. It is due to this conclusion I've decided no rulers will be allowed to exist within me. No kings, presidents, tyrants or despots will ever exist within my domain.

Any who try will either face the wrath of heroes I send against them or will face my direct fury should that fail. In the time of being only one has tried to call himself a tyrant king. His might proved too great for any of the heroes I sent after him, he imprisoned them and gloated over how he was too powerful to dethrone. After over a year of his horrible rein I was forced to act, first by moving the stone walls of his castle to free his prisoners and "servents". Once they were safely away from the castle I struck, sending down a bolt of lightning with enough energy that on the world of Earth it could power the entire city of Las Vegas for 1000 years. All that was left was metal slag of his armor and a pile of ash. Thus is the fate of any who would try to rule over the subjects of my domain and refuse to step down."

The Realm, speaking of its past experiences and beliefs.

The Realm ,as its inhabitants call, is a reality unlike most, as it is alive and sentient. It has the power to affect anything or anyone within itself, from the very elements that are a part of it, to the barriers between it and other dimensions and realities. Due to this portals to other realities and dimensions are known to open up from time to time, for what purpose only The Realm itself ever seems to known.

Due to The Realm's observations of other realities and their so-called rulers it has an intense dislike of them. Democratic systems with the people having a say in what goes on are the only ones it will allow, with no one person or being allowed to lord over any of its people. Unjust laws and corrupt councils tend to not last long either, as The Realm will see to them being replaced or removed. Due to this only villages, towns and small cities exist within The Realm. Councils appointed by the local beings help to make laws and keep things under control for their citizens.

Within The Realm, beings and creatures from Earth's myths and legends exist. While humans are fairly common, elves, dwarves, halflings ["hobbits or kender"], dragons and other species exist and live alongside them. Outside of the villages, towns and small cities are the harsh wilds which make up the majority of The Realm. Dangerous beasts and savage tribes of goblins and other humanoids that stalk these wilds, making them more dangerous to travel than on similar places on a typical Earth dimension. Verdant fields and forests, rolling plains, dark swamps, mountains and deserts are just a few of the wilds known in the realm.

No race is a sterotype like in most fantasy settings. Elves are known to live in small cities as well as forest treetop villages, savage goblin tribes make raids on villages and towns while other goblins live in towns and are highly educated and peaceful. Noble demons trying to redeem themselves exist along side demons trying to corrupt others, while there are fallen angels driven by greed while other angels fight the forces of darkness. Nothing is as it seems and any being should be judged as an individual instead of on a sterotype. That is not to say there aren't beings who fit the sterotypes for their species, as shown above.

Due to The Realm's interest in other realities and dimensions, along with other times, beings from almost anywhere can appear in The Realm. Ancient wizards from Earth's long gone past, sentient robots from other worlds, alien races never seen before or even humans from another Earth's past can all exist in The Realm and do. Technology is still fairly rare in The Realm, as most either breaks down or leaves when the beings who brought it leave The Realm, under their own power or by being sent through a portal by The Realm itself.

Despite no rulers being allowed by The Realm, there are some ways around this. A dragon can bully others into doing what it says, as long as it doesn't declare itself their ruler. And wild creatures and beings are allowed to live as they want, thus The Realm is a harsh place to live. To survive most have to rely on their village and trust their neighbors, which is why villages and towns are such a vital part of the socities in the Realm. Some are lucky and born into families with powers or special gifts, from magic bloodline families, to half-dragons or even those with the blood of angels.

The dragons of The Realm are the least like their sterotypes of all, as any can be good or evil no matter what the color of their scales. All dragons have physical might and a magical nature in their normal form, but can only use magic in their human form. All dragons are born with this abilities and some say that dragons are decendants of ancient humans of The Realm with powerful magic who evolved into this state. But even the dragons tremble before those who have amassed power.

For in The Realm there are those called...Legends.

Index
Character creation guidelines
New materials and substances of the Realm

Race Templates
Angel race template
Cursed races
Demon race template
Dragons race templates
Dwarf race template and sub-races
Elf race template and sub-races
Fairy race template
Gigas races templates
Goblin race template and sub-races
Gnome race template
Half-dragon guidelines
Halfling race template and sub-races
Plant race templete and variants
Last edited by Psistrike on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Character Creation guidelines

Postby Psistrike » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:36 pm

Character Creation:
Characters of The Realm are tougher than would be expected of beings of their type from other dimensions/realities. All characters, no matter what their PL is, start off with 20pp/PL. Experienced characters and NPCs tend to vary in PP total more than this, from higher to lower. Normal starting PL for heroic types is between PL 6-8.

Wealth and items: Although a fantasy realm, the use of currency is rare and most barter or trade [in goods or services] for what they need, if they can't build/aquire it for themselves. As such any powerful magical items are built as Devices, with normal gear/minor magical items being built as Equipment. Benefit [Wealth] doesn't exist for characters from this realm, although travelers from another dimension/reality may have it. Use equipment from the main M&M 2nd edition book, with some eye towards things which are rare/don't exist on a fantasy type world [computers, electronics].

Social Class: Due to the harsh nature of The Realm most social hierarchy doesn't exist. People tend to respect others based on their actions and deeds over any social status. Thus a simple farmer is as respected as a powerful wizard, if not for the same reason but for their contributions. Some of the humanoid races who live by brutal methods and raid villages for what they need sometimes have a social class within themselves, although such groups normally fall apart before long.

Powers: Anything can happen in this world and tends to. Techno-magical devices built by gnomes or leftover remanents from an ancient forgotten race exist. Magical items of all kinds exist, from simple magical swords to living metal which can heal itself from damage. Magic is normally of the arcane type, sorcerers and magicians being the most common of magic users besides dragons. Divine magic is unknown here, beings know The Realm is alive and tend to respect it, but none worship it out of fear it would think they made it their "ruler" and get angry.

Psychic powers are known to many of the races, as there are sects of elves who focus on harnessing the powers of the mind and some of other races who spontaniously manifest such powers. Mutants sometimes appear in this realm, although they are somewhat rare compaired to on Earth. Some narrow-minded groups call such beings Abominations and shun them for their gifts. Almost any type of power can exist here, except for super science which doesn't exist. The closest to it is techno-magical or steam-powered devices.

Realm Travelers: Sometimes the barriers between The Realm and other realities/dimensions are opened for unknown reasons, allowing travelers to come here, whether by accident or on purpose. Such beings can range from humans from Earth in different eras, aliens or beings from other dimensions, or even rarely sentient robots of any kind. Some Realm travelers do so under their own power, most come here through portals or gates that open from time to time. Note sometimes a being born and raised in The Realm can accidently go through a portal or gate to another world or dimension [Although it isn't actually an accident, it is just that only The Realm itself understands the reasons why]. Many are drawn towards one of the infinite number of Earths in the multiverse.

Racial templates: See seperate posts for each of them.
Last edited by Psistrike on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Dragon race template and sub-templates

Postby Psistrike » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:37 pm

Dragons Template
Dragons vary in size, power and appearance. Some have the appearance of a classical Europian dragon, others appear to be oriental dragons still others appear to be nothing more than giant snakes with larger reptilian heads and scales. These large reptilian beings have both great physical power and magical might. Most have four limbs used as legs, although the front legs can be used as arms with hands. Only the giant snake variations have no limbs. Many have a pair of large, leathery wings which they can use to fly, a long tail and a long neck which their head is upon. Some don't have wings and the giant snake variations tend to have wings only 50% of the time. The scales of a dragon vary and can be almost any color or even combinations of colors. White, black, purple, blue, gold silver, their dispotion and nature aren't dictated by color and they can act how they choose as individuals. Vertical slits for eyes, most dragons have eyes of varied colors like theirs scales. Many have golden, silver, blue, and purple eyes though.

The average size of a full grown dragon is between 16-32 feet in length and heights from 8 feet to 16 feet tall at the top of their head when on their four limbs, with weights between 2 tons to upward to 16 tons. Some species or individuals vary from this even more. A few are from 8-16 feet long and 4 to 8 feet tall at the top of their head when on their four limbs, with weights between 500 lbs. upward to 2 tons. Some are so ancient and massive they get upward to 128 feet long in length, heights up to 64 feet tall at the top of their head when on their four limbs, with weights upward of 500 tons.

The below stats are the average for an adult dragon of any type, with additional abilities representing certain types of dragons given in sub-templates.

Abilities: Constitution +2, Intelligence +2, Charisma +2

Skills:Intimidate 5, Language [Base: Draconic; English], Notice 2, Survival 4

Feats:Ambidexterity, Fearsome Presence 4, Uncanny Dodge [blindsight-mental]

Powers: Additional Limbs 2 [Innate, front legs can be used as arms or make dragon more stable], Blast 6 [Choose element/energy it is composed of; Choose one area extra to give the Blast; Touch Range; if you have access to Better Mousetrap book/PDF add this Flaw: Reload [1 use before reload, 1 round to reload, self-reloading, -1; This is basically a -1 Flaw that means they can only use their Blast once every 2 rounds.], Growth 8 [Innate, Permanent; +16 Strength, +8 Constitution, -2 Atk/Def Modifier, +8 Grapple Modifier, -8 Stealth Modifier, +4 Intimidation Modifier, Size: Huge, Space 15 ft., 10 ft. Reach, +10 Strength Carrying Capacity], Immunity 1 [Innate, aging], Morph 1 [1 form only; Metamorph [human form]], Protection 3 [Innate; Impervious; Noticeable [dragon scales, -1], Weak Point [varies; -1], Strike 2 [bite, claws, tail strike, wing strike; Extended Reach 1 [+5' reach], Innate, Mighty], Super-Senses 10 [Blindsight [mental], Darkvision, Low-Light Vision, Scent, Tracking [scent], Ultra-Hearing]

Cost: 73 power points or 67 power points if you use the option from Better Mousetrap. Adjust cost of other templates down by 6 power points if using the Better Mousetrap option.

Human form
They can appear as any human race with any hair color, eye color, etc. a human being can have.

Abilities: Constitution +2, Intelligence +2, Charisma +2

Skills: Intimidate 5, Language [Base: Draconic, English], Notice 2, Survival 4

Feats: Fearsome Presense 3, Uncanny Dodge [blindsight-mental]

Powers:Flight 2, Force Field 7 [Shapeable Area], Immunity 1 [aging, Innate], Magic 8 [base: Mystic Blast; Dynamic; Wide +1; Dynamic Alternate Powers: Choose any 3], Morph 1 [1 form only; Metamorph [dragon form], Speed 1, Super-Sense 10 [Blindsight [mental], Darkvision, Low-Light Vision, Scent, Tracking [scent], Ultra-Hearing]

The above human form is that of a typical dragon with no wings.

Sub-templates
Giant Snake dragon template
Remove Additional limbs power, replace with Crushing Pin [From MaMa], Improved Grapple, and Improved Initiative.

Powers: Add Super-Movement 1 [Innate; Slithering]

Cost: Add 3 power points

Aquatic dragon template

Abilities: Dexterity +2

Skills: Swim 8

Feats: Environmental adaptation [underwater], Favored Environment [underwater]

Powers: Swimming 4 [Innate]

Human form shares these new traits.

Cost: Add 11 power points

Winged dragon template

Powers: Flight 3 [Power Loss [Flight, if wings are immobilized, -1 point]

Add higher flight to human form.

Cost: Add 5 power points

Elementally imbued dragon template

Powers: Immunity 5 [choose one form of energy damage], Blast must be of same type as energy immunity

Human form shares this immunity, Mystic blast of Magic is of same energy as dragon form's Blast.

Cost: Add 5 power points

Dimensional flux dragon template

Abilities: +2 Intelligence [stacks with normal dragon template]

Skills: Knowledge [dimensional geography] 4, Languages [Any 4 additional]

Powers: Displacement [Innate], Super-Movement 3 [dimensional movement 3; Innate], Super-Senses 3 [Detect dimensional movement [sense, ranged]; Innate]

If you have the Better Mousetrap PDF, modify Super-Movement in these ways: Add Portal +2 Extra and Flaw: Reload [Use duration [1 minute], 1 hour to recharge, self-recharging, -3; Basically this is a -3 Flaw which allows him to keep his dimensional portal open for 1 minute, but then can't use it again for 1 hour as it recharges.]

The human form retains all of these abilities.

[b]Cost:/b] Add 19 power points or 15 power points if using the Better Mousetrap option.
Last edited by Psistrike on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:40 pm

This is all I have for now, will get to work on the other races [elves, halflings, dwarves, etc.] racial templates soon. Along with some known magical items. Note, in the character creation thread linked in my signature Dragonblade comes from The Realm and ended up on the Earth of Freedom City.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:53 pm

So is this a setting that is going to be used for adventures or just backgrounds?

I like that you've called out that creatures aren't stereotypes, even demons and angels. Not enough people do that in my opinion.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:01 pm

Sounds very interesting

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:18 pm

Mostly using it as background myself, anyone can feel free to use it for adventures. Some of my characters from time to time will have either come from The Realm directly or been drawn there and now returned to another reality. Dragonblade over in my character creation thread [link in signature] is one such character.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Elf race template and sub-race templates

Postby Psistrike » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:22 pm

"For the first few centuries of my existance, only the flora and fauna which naturally existed here were my company. No sapients beings lived within the dimension which I exist as. Til finally I sensed some travellers in need. A world being ravaged by creatures known as desiccators, creatures of living water who survived by absorbing moisture from anything they could. The other sapient races had already fleed their world, yet the being who would come to be known as elves had only their magic. Attempting to escape across the dimensional barriers, I aided them and directed their portal to a massive forest within me.

Safe, they began to adapt to their new surroundings, til finally some of the younger generation began branching out. They began to use their magical talents to adapt their forms to new enviroments, from those who chose to live in or near the water, to those who went deeper into the forest and even into the caverns which exist beneath the surface. Many others began to live in small towns and cities like the other races from their home world, while others adapted their forms to be more like the plants which they lived among. Ages have pasted now and the elf races have become diverse and many, still holding onto their heritage while others have changed completely."

Short history of the elves as by The Realm

Elf race template
Elves in general are a humanoid race, with sharp angular freatures, long pointed ears and slender builds. They tend to be around 6" shorter than humans and range from around 4'6" to 5'6" feet on average. Graceful but frail, they tend to rely on their agility to avoid attacks. Skin color can range from pale-skinned to ebony black, depending on where they live. Most are dark haired but those who live underground tend to have white hair. Most elves have no facial or body hair and their eyes can be almost any shade, even purple. Their skills vary based on where they were raised and what they were taught, from swordsmanship and archery, to herbology, magical theory and crafting and anything in between.

Some have greenish skin, hair, etc. or even barklike skin, due to their ancestors experimenting with magic to become more like plants.

Abilities: +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution

Skills: Concentration 4, Language [Base: Elvish; English], Notice 3

Feats: Low-Light Vision, Second Chance [vs. mind control], Trance, Ultra-Hearing

Powers: Immunity 2 [Innate; aging, disease [half-effect only], sleep [half-effect only, use 4 hours in Trance in place of sleep],

Cost: 9 power points

Notes: The above is the base abilities of any elf, no matter where they live or what culture they are from. Some sub-races of elves are below, they have all of the above listed abilities in addition to any for their seperate template unless noted otherwise.

Optional traits: Here are some of the more common optional traits known to exist among the elven races, both due to past magical experimentation and the cultures they live in.
*Optional feats, skills and abilities for forest dwelling elves: Search 4, Survival 4; Cat's Feet, Eagle's Eyes, Precise Shot, Track; Super-Movement 2 [Sure-footed, Trackless]
*Optional feats, skills and abilities for town dwelling elves: One Craft or Profession skill of choice at rank 4, one Knowledge skill of choice at rank 4; Direction Sense, Equipment
*Optional feats, skills and abilities for elves with some plant-like traits: Stealth 4, Survival 4; Endurance, Hide in Plain Sight, Iron Stomach, Plant Empathy, Powerhouse, Rapid Healer, Track; Comprehend [Plants] 2, Concealment 1 [normal sight; Limited [among plants], up to 3 ranks of Elongation as controllable vines, up to 6 ranks of Immovable as rooting, various Immunities, any number of ranks of Plant Control, up to 5 ranks of Protection as bark-like skin, up to 6 ranks of Strike with Mighty as thorns, Super-Movement [Sure-Footed and Trackless] both limited to in forest, and up to 8 ranks of Super-Strength.

Aquatic elf template
These elves are much different from most elves in appearance and where they live. They tend to live in lakes and oceans, or at least near such place. Their skin color ranges from light blue to sea blue-green, their eyes always a shade of blue or green and their hair the same. Clothes for them is normally made of weaved seaweed or other natural fibers. They have adapted over eons to their environment and it a part of them now.

Abilities: Remove -2 to Constitution, add +2 Strength

Skills Handle Animal 2, Language [Add Aquan [basic underwater language]], Survival 3, Swim 6

Feats: Animal Empathy, Environmental Adaptation [underwater], Favored Environment 2 [underwater], Second Chance [vs. water-based attacks/powers], Uncanny Dodge [temorsense]

Powers: Comprehend 2 [animals; sea creatures only], Immunity 6 [add breathe normally underwater and immunity to cold and high pressure], Super-Senses 9 [add Blindsight [auditory], Tremorsense [underwater only] and Ultravision], Super-Strength 1, Swimming 5

Cost: 41 power points

Shadow elf template
These elves live in dark forest with almost no light or in underground caverns in towns they build. Almost all are ebony black to light black for skin color with white hair. Most have purple eyes adapted to true darkness and are more magical in nature than other elves [except for the rune elves]. The powerful magics used to adapt to their home environment over eons are still is susceptible to anti-magic techniques.

Abilities: +2 Intelligence

Skills: Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 4

Feats: Uncanny Dodge [auditory]

Powers: Super-Movement 1 [Sure-Footed], Super-Senses 2 [Drop Low-Light Vision feat, Replace with Darkvision], Telepathy 4 ["magical mindpower"]

Cost: 26 power points

Rune elf template
Rune elves appear like any other elf except for two major differences. They all have runes covering most of their body [except their face} and their eyes have a minor blue glow to them. They love to wear intricate clothing with unique designs on them and wear jewelry with runes on them. They are the least likely of elves to live in any other than villages and towns. Rune elves are trained by other rune elves, as they aren't born but made. After a year's time training in a rune elf village learning about being a rune elf and the magic inherit in their runes, they undergo a final ritual. With the aid of the other rune elves, they have various runic symbols of power placed on their body, only leaving the face untouched. Virtually any power or feat can be explained as coming from a rune tattoo.

Abilities: -2 Strength, +4 Intelligence

Skills: Concentration +4 ranks, Craft [artistic] 4, Knowledge [arcane lore] 3, Knowledge [runes] 4, Language [Ancient Elvish Runes]

Feats: Artificer, Benefit [Use Intelligence bonus for Will Saves], Eidetic Memory, Second Chance [save vs. rune descriptor], Ultimate Effort [Craft [artistic], Uncanny Dodge [magical]

Powers: Magic 6 [rune magic, Base Power: Telepathy; Choose 3 Power Feats; Check required [Knowledge [runes], Mind Shield 2, Quickness 6 [Artificer design/rune design only [-2]], Super-Senses 3 [Add Magical Awareness [mental]]

Drawbacks: Noticeable [Mind Shield, runes on body glow when active; -1pp], Vulnerable [moderate, Nullify [Magic], all rune elf powers including Magic; -4pp]

Cost: 35 power points
Last edited by Psistrike on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

teleportingbassist
Zealot
Zealot

Postby teleportingbassist » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:26 pm

Great job on this, Psistrike! I really like the idea of Fantasy MnM. 616 cookies.
"Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why" Slaughterhouse-Five

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Dwarf race template and sub-races

Postby Psistrike » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:57 pm

Dwarf race template
Dwarves tend to be stout, rugged humanoids, standing around 4 to 4 1/2 feet tall but being so broad and compact they are, on average, almost as heavy as humans. Their skin varies from a deep tan to light brown, although some are even darker. Their eyes tend to be a dark color and their hair is usually black, gray or brown and worn long. Long lived, they have a history of skilled craftsmen, both from training and those who have natural talent. Some dwarven clans are known for their skills in other areas than normal, including weaving, woodworking and silver smithing. There is one thing which seems to prevade all races of dwarves, each individual has a natural talent in a particular type of weapon which gives them incredible skill and deadly ability with them. Some common weapon types for dwarves are clubs, hammers, axes and pickaxes.

The oldest known normal or crystal-shaper dwarf is 1000 years old. They tend to retain their full strength and hardiness til they hit 800 and start to slow down.

Abilities: -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Strength

Skills: Craft [any one] 4, Language [Base: Dwarven; English], Search 3

Feats: Diehard, Hardy, Skill Adept [in Craft skill chosen], Steadfast, Tough

Powers: Density 1 [Innate; Permanent], Features 1 [Longevity], Mind Shield 3, Super-Senses 2 [Innate; Infravision, Low-Light Vision], Weapon Master 5 [Limited [one weapon type with GM's approval, typically clubs, hammers, axes or pickaxes]

Drawkback: Disability [normal speed reduced to 20 feet, cannot use Acrobatics to extend jumps; -1 point]

Cost: 22 power points

Note: All sub-races below have all of the abilities of the basic dwarf race template unless noted otherwise. Cost for them includes the cost for the base dwarf race above.

Ancient-Blooded Dwarf race template
These dwarves are almost completely like the dwarves from over 3000 years ago. Their skin tends to be from light brown to dark brown, like the very earth they live in. Denser than other dwarves, they are like living rock. Their eyes appear to be made of gemstones of varying color and their hair like thin roots growing from their head. They live underground in caverns within small cities or in caves that connect to such underground realms. They are skilled stone and metal workers known for their expertly crafted items. Ancient-blooded dwarves are even longer lived than other dwarves, the current eldest known to be over 3000 years old, having lived since around the time of the tyrant king.

Abilities: +2 Constitution [in addition to base +2 for all dwarves]

Skills: Climb 4, Craft [must choose artistic [stone sculptures], structural or metalworking], Survival 4

Feats: Endurance, Environmental Adaptation [underground]

Powers: Density +2 [Total: 3 ranks; Total with base dwarf stats: x3 Mass, +8 Strength, +2 Impervious Toughness, +1 Immovable, +1 Super-Strength; Buoyant, Innate; Permanent], Super-Movement 2 [Permeate 2; Limited [Earth/stone only]], Super-Senses 7 [Add Darkvision and Tremorsense],

Cost: 42 power points

Crystal-shaper dwarf race template
These dwarves are the same as any other dwarves except for an unusual magical skill they have inherited over many generations. They have the power to shape crystal by touch, creating objects out of them which are as strong as steel, sometimes stronger. All members of this sub-race of dwarves are taught how to use this skill to make magical items out of crystal and all are known for their beautifully crafted wares. Known for their intelligence as well, they all learn many subjects growing up.

Abilities: +2 Intelligence

Skills: Craft +4 ranks [must take crystal shaping], Knowledge [arcane lore] 4, Knowledge [earth sciences] 4, Knowledge [choose one] 4

Feats: Artificer, Fast Work [Craft], Gifted Craftsman [Craft [crystal shaping], Gifted Inventor [Craft [crystal shaping], Skill Adept [Craft [crystal shaping], Specialization [Craft [crystal shaping]: Repair]

Powers: Shape Matter 6 [Precise; Continuous; Limited [crystals only], Ranged [Touch], Skill Check Required [Craft [crystal shaping], Trait Reduction [Dexterity] -2 Flaw], Device 2 [any one easy to lose device, made out of crystal; Delicate -1 point], Super-Senses 9 [Add Detect Crystals [mental, Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Extended, Radius, Ranged]]

Cost: 49 power points
Last edited by Psistrike on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:24 pm

Excellent Work, keep it up. :)
You got some great race templates!

I had an idea for your Mater Shaping for the Crystal Dwarves. Perhaps add the Skill Roll Required Flaw [Crystal Craft Skill Check. ]

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:32 pm

Thanks for the suggestion on the Crystal-shaper dwarves. Makes a lot of sense for how their power works.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Gnome race template

Postby Psistrike » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:41 pm

Gnome race template
Gnomes at one point were divided into many different clans, each specializing in one type of craft or knowledge. Now only one group of gnomes exist in The Realm. They are a short humanoid race, standing around 3 to 3 1/2 feet tall and weighing only 40 to 45 pounds due to their lightweight builds. Their skin tends to range from dark tan to woody brown, being fair haired and having eyes in any shade of blue or green. Most gnomes wear leather or earth tone clothes to help protect them while working or to blend in with their homes. Long-lived, they live on average for around 350 years and upward to 500 years.

They have a history as consultants, engineers, investigators, researchers, sages and scholars due to the inborn nature for each gnome to be drawn towards one particular area of craft or knowledge. All gnomes have at least one techno-magical or steam tech device they own, either built by themselves or as a gift from a friend or family. These all vary in form and function but all are designed to both be highly functional and aesthetically pleasing.

Abilities: +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom

Skills: Choose any one of these: Craft [any one] 4 or Knowledge [any one] 4; Language [Base: Gnomish; English], Notice 3

Feats: Low-Light Vision, Skill Adept [in Craft or Knowledge skill chosen], Ultimate Effort [Craft or Knowledge skill choosen]

Powers: Device 4 [easy-to-lose, techno-magical or steam tech] or Device 3 [hard-to-lose, techno-magical or steam tech]; Features 1 [Longevity], Shrinking 4 [Innate; Normal Strength [2 ranks], Normal Toughness; +1 Attack/Defense modifier, -4 Grapple Modifier, +4 Stealth Modifier, -2 Intimidation Modifier; Permanent]

Cost: 32 power points
Last edited by Psistrike on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Halfling race template and sub-races

Postby Psistrike » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:46 pm

Halfling race template
Halflings tend to have the appearance of small humans, standing about 3 feet tall on average and weighing between 30 and 35 pounds. Their skin tends to be ruddy and they have dark shades of hair, the most common being black and straight. Eye color can vary greatly but the two most common are brown and black. Facial hair on men is rare and almost unheard of. Most halflings prefer to wear simple, comfortable, and practical clothes in natural colors. Halflings can live up to 200 years but the average lifespan is around 150 years.

All halflings are known to have natural talent in ranged and thrown weapons, specializing in one particular weapon they favor. Athletic and fearless by nature, all halflings are swift for their size, faster than a human of equal ability. Their fearless nature comes from the luck that seems to constantly surround them, helping them to avoid hazards that would fell others. They have inhumanly strong leg muscles, shown both by their running speed and superhuman leaping capability. One ability which all halflings are known for is their ability to shoot off annoying banter in a fight, distracting their opponents with a constant stream of verbal abuse.

Abilities: +2 Dexterity

Skills: Acrobatics 2, Bluff 4, Climb 2, Language [Base: Halfling; English], Survival 3

Feats: Attack Focus 2 [ranged], Attack Specialization [one thrown or ranged weapon], Equipment 2 [must be used to get weapon which Attack Specialization was taken for], Banter 2, Fearless, Reliable Attack [ranged], Specialization 2 [Acrobatics: balance, jumping], Windracer

Powers: Enhanced Saves [Fort, Reflex, and Will] 3 [Luck descriptor; Innate], Leaping 2 [x5], Shrinking 4 [Innate; Normal Abilities [+3]; +1 Attack/Defense modifier, -4 Grapple Modifier, +4 Stealth Modifier, -2 Intimidation Modifier; Permanent]

Cost: 40 power points

Note: All sub-races below have all of the abilities of the base halfling race template unless noted otherwise. Cost for them includes the cost for the base halfling race above.

Hobbit race template
More community minded than normal halflings, hobbits tend to found communities in fields and hilly areas. They love to wear brighter colors than normal halflings, such as yellow and green. Their hair is dark like their cousins but curly by nature and having hair growing on top of their leathery feet, such that they rarely wear shoes. They have lifespans equal to a human, being consider quite elderly at older than 100 years. They tend to eat a lot more than other halflings, or living beings their size for that matter, do. Only a few hobbits, either elders who have an attitude due to travels in their youth or young hobbits, tend to have the skills of banter that normal halflings have.

Abilities: +2 Wisdom

Skills: Diplomacy 2, Notice 2, remove Bluff skill ranks

Feats: , Remove Banter 2, Connected [choose one, normally hobbit community]

Powers: Features 2 [Iron Stomach, Tough Feet]

Cost: 43 power points

Kender race template
Kender tend to be more fair-skined than their cousins, having pointed ears like elves, child-like faces and normally wearing their hair in a topknot [a ponytail on top of their head]. Naturally curious by nature, they are prone to wanderlust and travel a lot. Thus they have developed some useful skills adapted to their nature, including silent movement, skill in mapmaking and a form of racial kleptomania, drawn to take any objects which interest them, especially interesting and never before seen ones. They do this without knowledge and are many times surprised by what they find in their own clothing pouches. Skilled at taunts and even more skill at annoying banter than other, halflings, it is hard hit a kender when he keeps talking so much to distract you.

Abilities: -2 Strength, -2 Wisdom

Skills: Bluff +4, Disable Device 4, Notice 4, Sleight of Hand 4, Stealth 4

Feats: Banter +1 [3 ranks total], Skill Adept [Bluff], Specialization [Bluff: taunt], Taunt

Powers: Gadgets 2 [easy-to-lose, represents items picked up here and here, carried in the pouches for their clothes; Uncontrolled [GM decides what is found in pouches each time]

Cost: 55 power points

Dreamwalker halflings
These halflings have the appearance of normal halflings, except for a blueish tinge to their skin. They have the power to enter the dreams of others, using this power to help others out as psychiatrists able to literally enter the dreams and see the minds of their patients. Some though use this power and their innate knowledge of psychology to brainwash and manipulate others for their own ends. Due to their abilities they hate to annoy others and have no skill in banter as other halflings do.

Abilities: +4 Wisdom, +2 Charisma

Skills: Remove Bluff skill ranks, Knowledge [behavioral sciences] 4, Profession [psychiatrist] 4, Sense Motive 4

Feats: Remove Banter 2, Light Sleeper, Skill Adept [Sense Motive], Specialization [Knowledge [behavioral sciences]: dream imagry], Uncanny Dodge [mental]

Powers: Dream Travel 6 [Subtle]

Cost: 57 power points
Last edited by Psistrike on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:49 pm

Have templates for goblins, angels, and demons to create, along with a detailed explaination on half-dragons from the Realm. Trying to think up some other stuff to make for the Realm as well.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”