OUBLIETTE (Original 2E Builds)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Flashpoint
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by Flashpoint » Wed May 09, 2007 7:56 pm

smashed247 wrote:
Flashpoint wrote:Michuru,

If you've already done this, then simply point me in the right direction and I'll be out of your hair :P If not, I'd like to see exactly what went into, I believe, Katie Merrick -- the ionization character. I am intrigued myself, and one of my players is intrigued at running his own ionization character for a game. Thanks in advance.
I too want to see Ion, but wouldn't her power just be Absorbtion (Energy; Boost Blast; Power Feats: Conversion)? With the idea of it working by ionisation merely being a descriptor? Could be wrong, but that's how I do it.
Thats what I assume, but I wanted to be sure. Michuru is very creative, as are his players, so I figured I would confirm it with the source just to be positive.
-Flashpoint-

Please, check out what I'm working on at:
20facets.wordpress.com

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#66: Katie Merrick

Post by Michuru81 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:06 am

Flashpoint wrote:
smashed247 wrote:
Flashpoint wrote:Michuru,

If you've already done this, then simply point me in the right direction and I'll be out of your hair :P If not, I'd like to see exactly what went into, I believe, Katie Merrick -- the ionization character. I am intrigued myself, and one of my players is intrigued at running his own ionization character for a game. Thanks in advance.
I too want to see Ion, but wouldn't her power just be Absorbtion (Energy; Boost Blast; Power Feats: Conversion)? With the idea of it working by ionisation merely being a descriptor? Could be wrong, but that's how I do it.
Thats what I assume, but I wanted to be sure. Michuru is very creative, as are his players, so I figured I would confirm it with the source just to be positive.
ION (Power Level 1)

Height / Weight: 5'4" / 100 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Red / one hazel, one green
Place of Birth: Astoria, Queens, New York City (December 25, 1988 - February 15, 2008)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #2

Biography: After her mother died, Katherine Merrick didn’t appear to change. She continued to maintain her flawless grade point average and continued to wow her peers in band class with chilling solo after chilling solo. She never talked about it. She didn’t seem at all phased by it. Her junior high guidance counselor became increasingly worried by her behavior and recommended her for peer counseling.

Katie began attending a student-managed support group for the grieving and it was there that she met Chienne Bedford. Chienne’s brother had been murdered by a Neo-Sapien- an act that was slowly causing Chienne to act out her aggressions. Slowly, the two became close and the healing process began.

Chienne’s influence in Katie’s life began to change her. She would drag her to parties and introduce her to her boyfriends friends on the football team. Though her grades and performances never slipped, Katie quickly developed something of a reputation- bouncing from jock to jock, she was renown for her willingness to go as far as they asked and farther.

Overtime Katie discovered her own Neo-Sapien powers; her body absorbs electrical and heat energy and converts it into the other- letting her redirect it through her form. Still, she knew how her status would hurt her; especially in the wake of the murders of Arthur and Denise Skraag, Katie knew that if anyone discovered a small jolt of static electricity could make her shoot a jet of flame from her fingertips, her life and her father’s life may very well be over.

NEW VINDICATORS: Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas
In the midst of so much mounting stress, Katie met Ben Altair, a new student at ERHS. Ben had befriended her childhood friend, Ryan Mueller, and quickly fell head-over-heels for her. Most refreshing about him was that Ben didn’t know a thing about her. He didn’t know about her reputation and to Katie that translated to him not expecting her to do anything she didn’t want to do.

Looking to put her past behind her, Ben became her longest relationship- surviving into a second semester and silencing the nay-sayers. Still, her past with Ryan surfaced. Ryan had harbored a crush on her and her obliviousness drove him mad. Using his brilliant mind for chemistry, Ryan engineered devices designed to start remote fires and began using them to destroy Katie’s past. Arson eventually turned to murder and all signs pointed to Katie.

Amongst those who believed Katie the culprit was Chienne Bedford. Chienne, clad in the ZERO armor, had learned of Katie’s abilities. To Chienne, it was Adonis all over again- someone she knew and trusted had been a Neo-Sapien, the same as her brother’s killer. That rage translated into a violent beating- one that left Katie in a coma and allowed Ryan the chance to escape.

Months later the Affiliation abducted Katie’s comatose body from the hospital and attempted to use her to force Ben Altair (Frostbite) into joining them. A tulpa made of Lucas Howell’s final emotions possessed Katie though and escaped during the Affiliation’s attack on New York City. Lucas, in Katie’s body, answered to the name Ion and rallied together the unaffiliated heroes remaining: Alicia Gladstone (Captain Canada IV), Sarah Anderson, David Meinstein (Gumshoe, also known by Portal), Quinton Jorgenson (Quint) and one-half of Magnus Loder (Positive Lodestone). Banding together as the Outcasts, Ion led the team to a reunion with the fractured New Vindicators.

When the battle was over, Lucas chose to depart Katie’s body. Using his own psionic abilities to coax her out of the coma, he also laid defenses against any psychological repercussions from laying in a coma for six months. Her motor skills returned almost instantly and the usual frustrations melted away. However, there was still the chore of summer school- working to catch up on what she missed her last semester of high school and allow herself to attend college in the fall. In order to focus on her studies, she and Ben called it quits for a time…

NEW VINDICATORS: Memento Mori
She would eventually return, albeit pregnant from a one night stand. Tearfully realizing that Ben was the best thing that ever happened to her, she begged him to take her back and he agreed. Her return was marked by the return of another, however. Ryan Mueller had returned, now employed as the personal pilot and bodyguard to Noah Meinstein. Noah selected Ryan as the pilot of the 002- the Deus ex-Machina. Though designed to capture ZERO and Portal, Ryan used the armor to enact his revenge on Frostbite. Thanks to friends and foes alike, Ben was freed and Ryan went missing once more.

NEW VINDICATORS: Absit Omen
Ryan returned once more, now working for Terahertz. He was one of several young people with a vendetta against the New Vindicators and in the assault on the school he sought out Ben and Katie, attacking them in their studio apartment.

Katie was struck during the melee, sending Frostbite over the edge and causing him to lash out at his armored opponent. He subdued Ryan this time- beating him so badly that Mister Mueller spent the following days unconscious. However, his assault had disastrous reprecussions...

Her amniatic sack ruptured, Doctor Howell was forced to induce labor to save Miss Merrick's baby. Unfortunately, the attack on the campus left them with little instruments and engulfed in saving the baby's life a pulmonary embalism went unnoticed, resulting in Katie's death.
  • STR 10, DEX 10, CON 10, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 12

SKILLS: Knowledge (popular culture) 2, Languages 1 (English [base], French), Perform (wind instruments) 3

FEATS: Attractive, Endurance

POWERS: Absorption 2 (Boost [Blast]; Power Feats: Energy Conversion; Extras: Power Magnet [+1]; Flaws: Limited [ionization, -2])

COMBAT: Attack +0, Grapple +0, Damage +0, Defense +0, Knockback -0, Initiative +0

SAVES: Toughness +0, Fortitude +0, Reflex +0, Will +2

Abilities 2 + Skills 2 + Feats 2 + Powers 7 + Combat 0 + Saves 2 = 15 points
Michuru81 wrote:Katie’s powers only work through ionization- allowing her to absorb electricity and heat and convert it into the other. So… she can take a small shock and turn it into flame or turn a torch into a jolt. Other than that, Katie is a glorified bystander.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Manintights
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Manintights » Thu May 10, 2007 9:22 am

Hey Michuru,

after reading the revelations conscerning Alan Altair, I would love to see a write up of yet another nephilim.

pretty please :wink:

MIT
"As my father taught, 'Training will raise your shield to the blow, but courage fills the gaps the shield leaves open.'"

Play by post games:

New Vindicators: [Gae Bolg]

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#67: Firn

Post by Michuru81 » Thu May 17, 2007 8:22 pm

Manintights wrote:after reading the revelations conscerning Alan Altair, I would love to see a write up of yet another nephilim.

pretty please :wink:
FIRN (Power Level 10)

Height / Weight: 6'3" / 220 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Dishwater-blonde / Blue (burning blue)
Place of Birth: Kansas City, Missouri (November 3, 1967)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #13

Biography: Most Nephilim are not aware of who their father really is. Their mothers tell them that their father was a dashing rogue of a man who swept her off her feet. Maybe the father picked her up at a bar or maybe she was the victim of an unspeakable rape. Whatever the scenario, most go on oblivious to the reality that their father is a millennia-old fallen angel.

Alan Altair is the exception.

The day his son was born, a woman in a green dress stood beside him and smiled at baby Benjamin through the glass of the nursery. “He’ll destroy the world one day,” she said, whispering into his ear.

By then, Alan knew of his own abilities- the blue flame he commanded could allow him to affect the fourth dimension- time. His control was so precise that he could affect the very atmosphere with his temporal manipulations. He could speed up molecules and cause things to combust or slow it down to create ice. The possibilities were endless and being told his son was destined to destroy the earth was not just unsettling… it may very well have been possible.

The woman told him of his heritage- that he was the son of Leviathan, one of the Seven Fallen. The woman herself seemed very familiar with them and shared her knowledge freely. She told Alan what he truly was and she told him that the only way to stop the Fallen’s made game was to bring about the End of Days.

For a time, Alan was content to ignore her claims. He believed in destiny and he believed each man was the master of it. He began to defend Missouri as the costumed Firn- few knew the true nature of his powers and assumed his abilities were cold based. They had dubbed him Firn after the dense ice that glaciers are made of. He was often asked if he was related to Captain Canada. Still, he was contempt- as long as his wife and son were not involved in the spectacle his double life became.

As Ben grew, Ben began to display his own Neo-Sapien abilities. He didn’t appear to possess the level of temporal control as his father, but he did possess a talent for creating ice.

It was near this same time that the young man calling himself Atlas first appeared. Atlas began to use his abilities in catastrophic ways- all the while claiming that a woman in a green dress commanded him to destroy the earth.

Alan Altair came to hope that his temporal abilities were all that the woman wanted. If Ben didn’t display the same aptitude, then perhaps he was not fated to follow in Atlas’ footsteps.

And then, on September 8, 2001, the woman in the green dress returned. Michuru Bradshaw had defeated Atlas and the earth was turning once more. Twelve-year-old Ben Altair was her new target.

“He doesn’t have any abilities!” Alan proclaimed.

The woman was unsure, determined that perhaps Ben’s Neo-Sapien abilities had just simply not yet manifested. Knowing necessity is the trigger for manifestation, Firn feared for what she would do to his boy and admitted Ben could create ice.

“Then he will blanket the world in ice,” she said. “He will usher in the next ice age and wipe mankind from the surface of this forsaken world.”

“He doesn’t have the power!”

“He will,” she said with a coy smile. She evoked her arcane knowledge then and placed a curse on the Altair men. Should the two ever touch, Alan’s strength will transfer to his son and make Ben the suitable destroyer the woman so desperately craves. Told this, Alan knew only one way to spare his son from such a destiny: he staged his death and left the country.

The woman watches both, patiently waiting for the two to be reunited. Semyazza has waited over six thousand years to bring about the End of Days- a few more years couldn’t hurt. The gender-bending Fallen takes great amusement in watching Alan’s attempts to undo what has been set in motion- working to train the next generation of heroes to fight against the greatest threat mankind will ever know…

…his own son.
  • STR 14 (+2), DEX 16 (+3), CON 14 (+2), INT 14 (+2), WIS 10, CHA 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Bluff 6 (+8), Concentration 3, Diplomacy 4 (+8 ), Drive 2 (+5), Gather Information 6 (+8), Intimidate 4 (+8 ), Investigate 8 (+10), Knowledge (behavioral sciences) 5 (+7), Knowledge (civics) 3 (+5), Knowledge (popular culture) 4 (+6), Knowledge (streetwise) 4 (+6), Knowledge (theology and philosophy) 3 (+5), Languages 1 (English [base], French), Notice 3, Perform (keyboards) 2 (+4), Perform (singing) 3 (+5), Perform (wind instruments) 6 (+8), Profession (detective) 6, Profession (jazz musician) 4, Search 3 (+5), Sense Motive 4

FEATS: Attack Focus 2 (ranged), Benefit 3 (Security Clearance [Interpol], Status 2 [Headmaster, Interpol]), Contacts, Defensive Roll 2, Distract, Dodge Focus 2, Elusive Target, Evasion 1, Improved Initiative 1, Inspire 2, Leadership, Move-by Action, Taunt, Teamwork 1

POWERS: Enhanced Defense 7, Hellfire Control 14 (Blue; Alternate Powers: Create Object 9 [ice; Power Feats: Precise; Extras: Duration {+1}], Environmental Control 1 [Extreme Cold or Extreme Heat; Power Feats: Progression 20; Extras: No Saving Throw {+2}], Ignite 7 [Extras: Duration {+1}], Strike 12 [hellfire tonfa; Power Feats: Mighty], Time Control 4, Time Stop 4; Power Feats: Accurate, Precise; Drawbacks: Noticeable [glowing blue eyes, -1 point]), Immunity 12 (temporal effects, cold damage, fire damage), Protection 5

COMBAT: Attack +2 (+4 ranged, +6 hellfire control), Grapple +4, Damage +2, Defense +11 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -4, Initiative +7

SAVES: Toughness +9 (+7 flat-footed), Fortitude +5, Reflex +6, Will +7

DRAWBACKS: Involuntary Transformation (hellfire beast, uncommon frequency, cannot resist, -4 points), Vulnerable (mithral, uncommon frequency, major intensity, -3 points)

Abilities 22 + Skills 20 (80 ranks) + Feats 20 + Powers 66 + Combat 16 + Saves 13 - Drawbacks 7 = 150 points
Michuru81 wrote:Okeeey... Alan Altair's power is temporal manipulation on a finite scale. He slows down the molecules of air moisture to create ice or speeds them up to cause things to spontaneously combust. Where he truly comes alive though is in using these abilities on a wider scale- blanketing an area in extreme cold or extreme heat. How much of an area? Well, there's a reason Semyazza is after the Altair family.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:43 am, edited 5 times in total.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#68: Sclera

Post by Michuru81 » Thu May 17, 2007 8:42 pm

SCLERA (Power Level 10)

Height / Weight: 6' / 187 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Brown / White
Place of Birth: Dhaka, Bengladesh (July 3, 1989)

Biography: Despite the great number of Bengali speakers throughout the world, in India, these people were not given equal status. Years after the resistance won their war, a monument was dedicated to those protesters slain in the streets by the Pakistani police of the day. To Abdur Raja, Shaheed Minar was more than the site marking where his father fell- it was a sign.

Naming his twin children Shaheed (martyr) and Minar (monument), Abdur began to force the children into rigorous martial arts training. Early on they had inherited their late mother’s Neo-Sapien abilities of penetrating sight. It had left them unable to truly fall asleep. Instead, their father made them hone their Varma Kalai until they dropped from exhaustion. All the while, Abdur told them of the destinies he believed them born into. Minar would be a leader- uniting her father’s persecuted peoples and her mother’s persecuted people. She would be a queen- ruling the empire of their ancestor Sher Khan and commanding the armor of Neo-Sapiens her maternal grandfather had been a messiah to.

She needed poise and dignity to rule them and could not sully her hands in the war that would need to be fought to arrive at that. Instead, it would Shaheed’s destiny to carve a path to glory for his sister. He had to be strong and powerful- prove himself to the Bengali and the Neo-Sapiens of the world… and then martyr himself to unify them under Minar.

He never questioned his father’s ideals. He accepted them without question- resolving himself to the notion that his life was inconsequential. He was born to die- and anyone who was incapable of killing him was beneath him and just as inconsequential. Shaheed began to crave strength- seeing power as a door to stronger opponents; one may be capable of ending his useless existence and his perpetual suffering.

His raw hunger led him to become a disciple of qigong master Huang Zhou at an early age. By eleven, Shaheed had done the impossible. That he had mastered Varma Kalai was uncanny but that he had flawlessly incoporated it with his own Kuttu Varisai was unheard of. It drew the man’s attention and, wanting to try and improve Shaheed’s opinion of his existence, Zhou coerced the child to study under him- and learn how to cease needing to rest his weary body.

Ultimately, Shaheed’s fractured soul overpowered him. The teachings of Varma Kalai conflicted with his supposed destiny, while Abdur Raja’s words were conflicting with Huang Zhou’s. Unsure which truth to belive, memories of training under his father flooded Shaheed and the fifteen-year-old boy killed his new master.

Blood on his hands, Shaheed enrolled at the New Vindicators Academy of Asia, hoping his time amongst other Neo-Sapiens would bring him closer to the one destined to end his existence.

NEW VINDICATORS: Sic Semper Tyrannis – Sclera was given command of Brass, Brickhouse and Cabal during the Trials. The young man merely carried his team through the Trials, rather than lead them through them.

Ultimately, his first round opponent was Tripper. With his eyes, he exposed her secret: the explosion she had survived during the White War had done more damage than she had let on. After revealing the young woman was unable to bare children, Sclera nearly killed her.

Though he appeared cold-hearted, Sclera eventually revealed himself to have feelings for Cabal. Ironically, after it took the intervention of Anomaly, Coach Crag and Miss Mist to stop him from killing Tripper, it was Sclera’s intervention which kept Paragon from killing Cabal- an act that went against Sclera’s beliefs that all life was meaningless.

VINDICATORS: Coup d’état – When the Department of SPB Affairs commissioned three teams of Vindicators, Sclera found himself drafted to the Asian branch of the legendary team.
  • STR 10, DEX 18 (+4), CON 10, INT 10, WIS 18 (+4), CHA 10

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Concentration 6 (+10), Knowledge (arcane lore) 6, Knowledge (history) 4, Knowledge (life sciences) 4, Language 2 (Bengali [base], English, Hindi), Medicine 6 (+10), Notice 4 (+8), Sense Motive 4 (+8), Stealth 8 (+12)

FEATS: Acrobatic Bluff, All-out Attack, Assessment, Attack Focus (melee) 4, Attack Specialization (unarmed) 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 10, Endurance 1, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Grappling Finesse, Improved Block 5, Improved Disarm, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Improved Throw, Instant Up, Light-Sleeper, Martial Artist 2 (Kuttu Varisai, Varma Kalai), Power Attack, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack 2, Uncanny Dodge 1 (hearing)

POWERS: Chi 10 (Healing 10; Alternate Powers: Boost 10 [Flaws: Limited {physical abilities}]; Power Feats: Immunity 1 [sleep]), Strike 10 (Extras: Alternate Save [Will, +1], Autofire [+1]; Power Feats: Innate), Super-Senses 7 (Enhanced Senses: Radius [visual sense type]; Additional Senses: Awareness [chi], X-Ray Vision)

COMBAT: Attack +2 (+6 melee, +10 unarmed), Grapple +10, Damage +0, Defense +14 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -3 (-1 flat-footed), Initiative +4

SAVES: Toughness +6 (+2 flat-footed), Fortitude +5, Reflex +10, Will +10

DRAWBACKS: Noticeable (white eyes, -1 point)

Abilities 16 + Skills 13 (52 ranks) + Feats 47 + Powers 50 + Combat 8 + Saves 17 - Drawbacks 1 = 150 points
Michuru81 wrote:Is it weird that a kid who spent years putting in sixteen hour days training in martial arts only comes out the other end with a Strength and Constitution of 10? Not really; at least, not considering the style. Varma Kalai is like aikido. It's not about beating on your opponent but controlling the pace of battle. It's grapples and locks. So, while Shaheed doesn't sport insane 18 ability scores, he has the Endurance feat for all his hard work.

That and he's a really cool combat monkey/Hyuga Neji knock-off.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Manintights
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Manintights » Fri May 18, 2007 9:59 am

Oh my god MIchuru, you never stop amazing me. The Firn write up is great and the whole prophecy thing gives it all the more depth.

Sclera's write up is great too. One thing though, speed and leaping 5? That's quite something man.

MIT
"As my father taught, 'Training will raise your shield to the blow, but courage fills the gaps the shield leaves open.'"

Play by post games:

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:29 pm

Manintights wrote:Oh my god MIchuru, you never stop amazing me. The Firn write up is great and the whole prophecy thing gives it all the more depth.
Semyazza is one of the Fallen- the green one. He/she is a shapeshifter and relatively the weakest of the remaining six. Realizing this, Semyazza gets how little of a change he stands against Abaddon, Asmodeus or Leviathan... so rather than try to over power them, Semyazza is trying to trigger the end of the world. Basically, Semyazza wants to hit the galactic reset button and start their game over again.

It's never been explicitly stated but... that's what caused Atlas to do all that he did. He had Semyazza whispering in his ear- telling him to wipe out mankind. With Atlas down, it's moved on to the Altairs... Expect to see more of the woman in green as time goes by.
Sclera's write up is great too. One thing though, speed and leaping 5? That's quite something man.

Most of my super-strength characters have a few ranks of leaping and speed- the most noteable being Rumble and Brass (they were made for each other... literallly). Thing is, I normally cap it around 1-2 ranks. The pair have abnormal strength- and that doesn't just translate to lifting but leg muscle. Given their bodies, I can justify Atlanta and Michael running 25 MPH.

I agree though- I can't see Sclera running at 250 MPH. What it comes down to is, I didn't wanna buy them seperate but suggest that the boost in physical abilities is a result of his mystical training in qigong. Sclera's got Chi 5 which translates to Speed 5, unfortunately. Basically, the Leaping 5 and Speed 5 are what the game says he can do... not what I'd like him to do. Granted, I could just cut it but... I'm kinda anal about stuff. I could drop the Chi- but Healing 5 and Boost 5 are kinda fun.

I dunno, anyone got an ideas?

smashed247
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by smashed247 » Sat May 19, 2007 7:32 am

It's now my my turn to agree with you whole-heartedly Manintights

Michuru 81, You know you can just set the Speed and Leaping APs at lower ranks; APs don't have to have their ranks set as high as possible, it's up to the creator (or GM).

Manintights
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Manintights » Sat May 19, 2007 10:15 am

you could also just build them as seperate powers.

MIT

Play by post games:

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Sat May 19, 2007 10:37 am

Manintights wrote:you could also just build them as seperate powers.
Yeah... I'd be okay with setting them lower but I like them as an off-shoot of Chi. It's kind of like with Beatbox's build- he'd be more effective if powers were bought seperately or whatver... but his dazzle and blast are off-shoots of his ability to imitate any sound. Sclera's speed and leaping stem from hsi qigong. It's him manipulating his life flow to give a sudden boost to leg strength or whatnot.

I dunno. I might just set him lower. I did it with Quint- given that you can't just make four duplicates of yourself...

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#69: Fall-apart Boy

Post by Michuru81 » Tue May 22, 2007 7:00 am

FALL-APART BOY (Power Level 5)

Height / Weight: 5'6" / 144 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Blonde / Blue
Place of Birth: Krasnokamensk, Russia (April 18, 1989)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #15

Physical Description: Fall-apart Boy wouldn’t be so attractive if it weren’t for his precise mastery over his abilities. Every pimple or blemish he gets is easily dealt with by manipulating his cellular structure; he regularly takes himself apart and puts himself back together- taking out whatever flaws he finds in the process. Through the same process he is able to eat whatever he wants- using his powers to prevent morbid weight gain from his inactivity. At first glance, he appears to be a healthy young man- but that is only because he builds himself to be one.

His shaggy mop of brown hair is accented by a pair of long pork chop sideburns jutting down the sides of his face. The features are a source of pride for Fall-apart Boy as he claims he grew them himself and did not alter his genetic structure to gain them.

Biography: Nicholas Tolinev was born in Russia- the son of a former officer of the KGB and an American girl displaced there during the later end of the 1970s. His Neo-Sapien abilitiy to take apart his body (either a limb at a time or unravel his physical form on a cellular level) stemmed from his mother, a citizen of Moksha- the civilization Mister Mayhem created nearly thirty years ago.

Nicholas’ mother was one of the first few remnants found by Levi Athan. The man dressed in blue claimed to know what had truly happened to David (the man humanity dubbed Mister Mayhem) and his line. Levi began to coordinate a reunion of sorts- bringing the survivors of Moksha together with the intent to rebuild it.

He told them of Shaheed and Minar Raja, a pair of twins descended from David’s blood. Given their lineage, he knew the survivors would follow the children into hell itself- something he was counting on. Levi convinced three of the survivors’ children and his own daughter to join the New Vindicators Academy of Asia and learn all they could about the heirs and, whenever possible, abduct them.

Levi’s daughter, the Nephilim known as Lilith, succeeded in taking down Minar during the second round of the Final Trial. Her team gathering around her, the group teleported to Moksha where Hitchhiker began to use the young woman as a puppet empress.

The remainder of the students joined Walkabout in teleporting to Moksha- the combined forces of three New Vindicators Academies waging war against an entire city. As they waded through an army of Neo-Sapiens, the young heroes found themselves staring up at the armor of the legendary tyrant Mister Mayhem- joined by his four students who had slipped into the Trials.

Fall-apart Boy leapt into battle- doing his best to avoid Arthropod, whom he had lost to in the first round. His abilities allowed him to easily overtake many of the heroes before Frostbite finally managed to defeat him.

After the extreme measures Walkabout took to end the possible war, Fall-apart Boy was frozen in time, sealed in his particle form and awaiting the day he is unleashed again on his enemies.
  • STR 12 (+1), DEX 14 (+2), CON 12 (+1), INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 12 (+1)

SKILLS: Bluff 4 (+7), Knowledge (history) 3, Language 1 (English, Russian [base]), Sense Motive 4 (+6)

FEATS: Ambidexterity, Attractive, Dedicated, Improved Initiative, Redirect, Taunt, Talented (Bluff/Sense Motive), Teamwork

POWERS: Anatomic Separation 5 (Alternate Powers: Blast 5 [Power Feats: Accurate], Insubstantial 2, Morph 7 (humanoids), Suffocate 5, Strike 5 [Power Feats: Mighty]; Power Feats: Dodge Focus 5; Extras: Variable Split [+1]), Regeneration 9 (Recovery Rate [Bruised 3, Injured 6]; Power Feats: Persistent, Regrowth)

COMBAT: Attack +3 (+5 blast), Grapple +4, Damage +1, Defense +9 (+1 flat-footed), Knockback -0, Initiative +6

SAVES: Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Reflex +6, Will +1

Abilities 10 + Skills 3 (12 ranks) + Feats 8 + Powers 38 + Combat 10 + Saves 6 = 75 points
Michuru wrote:When we first started this campaign, some of the players wrote most of the powers off as being useless. To prove them wrong, I promised them they would eventually encounter every power. The first power they had written off like this would be Trip- which resulted in Tripper. Though it doesn't happen in the narrative, Tripper has taken down Deimos in numerous training exercises and is one of that player's most hated NPCs.

Fall-apart Boy comes in at a close second. Basically, the players had deemed Anatomic Separation to be useless- and with some ideas from Anomaly's player (separation on an cellular level) FAB became a threat to the PCs.

Anatomic Separation 5 lets FAB split into five pieces- but his insubtantialness lets him break his physical composition into billions of pieces. The theory is that while it's easy for him to completely take himself apart, it's exhaustive to maintain his arm in its actual shape once detatched. The energy he uses puts a strain on him, letting him only seperate into five big pieces or millions of billions of skin cells.

Given that descriptor, I had considered folding Anatonic Separation into the Insubstantial instead of the way it is. Still, this way we get to maintain that FAB's true power is the ability to fall apart.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manintights
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Manintights » Tue May 22, 2007 7:14 am

fall apart boy rocks, never thaught a character with anatomic separation could turn out to be anything but lame.

keep em coming Mich :D

Play by post games:

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#70: Hanabi

Post by Michuru81 » Tue May 22, 2007 7:28 am

HANABI (Power Level 3)

Height / Weight: 5'4" / 100 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Brown / Hazel
Place of Birth: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (July 4, 1989)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #6

Physical Description: Long brown hair and deep brown eyes are the things that stand out most about this young Japanese girl. She is seldom seem without a bright smile on her face- typically brought out by the light tones she prefers in her civilian identity. When also not in the black and white, Hanabi tends to accessorize with metal- usually wearing numerous bracelets, rings, barrettes and the like.

Biography: The daughter of Japanese immigrants, Samantha Inoue was not even 16-years-old when she gave birth to her daughter. Born in Philadelphia on the Fourth of July, she named the child Hanabi (Japanese for “fireworks”) and watched with sad eyes as her parents gave the child over to her aunt Keiko in Kyoto.

There, Hanabi was not only raised Japanese but she was taught to wield the power the Akuho women channeled… the explosive bursts of light that radiated from their fingerips.

Keiko attempted to cram as much lady-like composure as she could into the child, but Hanabi proved to be too explosive. The tomboyish hellcat is seldom seen without her bright, cheer smile- the antithesis of what her best friend personifies. The New Vindicator codenamed Umi long ago began teaching Hanabi to play guitar- a talent that led her from one arena to another.

Hanabi and Umi only participated in the Trials to help their friends, having already been recruited to the all-girl punk band Blazing Mud. Hanabi replaced the former New Vindicator Ambrosia on lead guitar and vocals, while Umi replaced Witchhazel on bass. The departure of the two founding members opened a new door for the band- with veteran Mudder Asian Amy on drums, the band had become a Japanese all-girl punk band.
  • STR 10, DEX 12 (+1), CON 10, INT 12 (+1), WIS 12 (+1), CHA 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Bluff 2 (+4), Knowledge (art) 3 (+4), Knowledge (history) 3 (+4), Knowledge (popular culture) 4 (+5), Language 1 (English, Japanese [base]), Perform (singing) 5 (+7), Perform (stringed instruments) 5 (+7), Profession (musician) 3 (+4), Sense Motive 2 (+3)

FEATS: Set-up, Teamwork

POWERS: Blast 3 (light; Power Feats: Indirect; Extras: Area [Explosion, +1], Linked [Dazzle, +0]; Drawbacks: Full Power), Dazzle 3 (auditory and visual; Power Feats: Indirect; Extras: Area [Explosion, +1], Linked [Blast, +0]; Drawbacks: Full Power), Immunity 1 (her own powers)

COMBAT: Attack +0, Grapple +0, Damage +0, Defense +0, Knockback -0, Initiative +1

SAVES: Toughness +0, Fortitude +1, Reflex +2, Will +3

Abilities 10 + Skills 7 (28 ranks) + Feats 2 + Powers 22 + Combat 0 + Saves 4 = 45 points
Michuru81 wrote:Hanabi is pretty much a bystander with powers- she can't handle herself in a fight, though she does have a few tricks she can use to confuse the opponent. Still, she lacks the oomph to really get the job done.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#71: Taegan

Post by Michuru81 » Tue May 22, 2007 11:59 am

TAEGAN (Power Level 10)

Height / Weight: 6' / 180 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Red / Green
Place of Birth: Heraklion, Crete (March 19, 1989)

Physical Description: Taegan Mallory is a young man with bold, flame-red hair that is cropped short around the sides with a shaggy length left atop his scalp. He has narrow emerald green eyes, a long face and a pronounced jaw.

Taegan wears the standard New Vindicators uniform without alteration.

Biography: Born on the island of Crete, Taegan was the son of two local “doctors”. His father was a surgeon in the traditional sense, while his mother was far from that. The woman was a Nephilim who made up for her lack of medical knowledge with her odd abilities. Her green hellfire could dig into a person’s very core and alter their bio-chemistry. Under her husband’s direction- she was able to save a great many lives.

At the age of seven, Taegan’s older brother began to display his own abilities. He was no manifesting Neo-Sapien abilities stemming from their mother’s own talents. When his telepathic abilities first appeared, the family encountered the Aurelius- Doctor Steven O. White. He quickly explained that Nephilim were the root of Neo-Sapien abilities, but Tapion had not inherited his mother’s code. Instead, he had developed as a psion- a naturally occurring race amongst humanity. There was no known source for the youth’s abilities, but there was an explanation for Taegan’s NS powers.

Taegan took after their mother, developing a talent for manipulating body structures. While Tapion honed his telepathic talents as a vigilante, Taegan began pouring through their parents’ medical texts. He had learned his mother’s limit- that he could only do what he knew. He couldn’t simply heal the sick- he had to know what was wrong if he was to correct it.

Eventually, the New Vindicators Academy of Europe was founded and the young man found himself enrolled as one of the institution’s premier students. However, during his junior year, he returned home to deal with a serial killer. Hyper Al Gesia was roaming the streets, purging mankind of who he called “the tainted”. There was a common factor amongst his victims- all had been saved by Taegan’s mother. Al Gesia knew what she was and he knew how she had saved them; pronouncing her as a demon, he hunted down those touched by her powers before finally arriving at her.

Taegan arrived too late to save his mother- though as their father lay dying, Tapion moved quickly. Doctor Mallory insisted that he be allowed to pass on a great gift to his son. With his psionic talents, Tapion took what medical knowledge their father possessed and telepathically implanted it inside Taegan. Now blessed with such amazing knowledge and their father’s eidetic memory- Taegan faced Al Gesia and left him tortured by his own body.

NEW VINDICATORS: Sic Semper Tyrannis
A year later, in 2007, Taegan graduated from the school and accepted the invitation to lead a squadron during the Trials. He picked three young heroes from the United Kingdom- choosing Axeion, the Rhino and Rush for their varied abilities. The small band managed to make it through the first four Trials and with the Final Trial were forced to rely only on their own ability.

In his first round match, Taegan pulled Carrion. His own natural resiliency protected him from the young man’s infectious touch and his own abilities won him the match.

In the second round, Taegan faced off against Arthropod and the two men’s knowledge of biology clashed. Taegan’s medical knowledge was hardly a match for Arthropod’s area of the animal kingdom. Ultimately, Taegan used his powers on himself- using his knowledge to augment his own physicality and the battle of wits became a battle of fists.

Set to fight Jetstream in the third round, the Final Trial was interrupted by Mokshan insurgents. Taegan was among the many young heroes who led the charge against the nation of Neo-Sapiens.
  • STR 14 (+2), DEX 12 (+1), CON 26 [16] (+8), INT 14 (+2), WIS 16 (+3), CHA 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Bluff 0 (+2/+6 attractive), Concentration 4 (+7), Diplomacy 4 (+6/+10 attractive), Gather Information 4 (+6), Intimidate 4 (+6), Knowledge (civics) 2 (+8), Knowledge (life sciences) 10 (+16), Knowledge (tactics) 4 (+10), Languages 2 (English, French, Greek [base]), Medicine 10 (+13), Notice 4 (+7), Sense Motive 4 (+7)

FEATS: Attractive 1, Attack Focus (melee) 2, Benefit 1 (Status [Vindicators]), Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 2, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Inspire 2, Leadership, Teamwork 2

POWERS: Enhanced Constitution 10, Immunity 3 (aging, disease, poison), Life Control 10 (Alternate Powers: Boost 10 [physical ability scores; Extras: Range {Perception, +2}], Drain 10 [physical ability scores; Extras: Range {Perception, +2}], Emotion Control 10, Fatigue 10 [Extras: Range {Perception, +2}], Healing 10 [Extras: Range {Perception, +2}], Stun 10 [Extras: Range {Perception, +2}], Suffocate 10 [Extras: Range {Perception, +2}, Transform 8 [living things into other living things; Extras: Duration {Continuous, +1}, Range {Perception, +1}]), Regeneration 9 (Recovery Rate [Bruised 3, Injured 6]; Power Feats: Diehard)

Equipment: comm link, Vindicators Uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat])

COMBAT: Attack +2 (+4 melee), Grapple +6, Damage +2, Defense +4 (+1 flat-footed), Knockback -5, Initiative +1

SAVES: Toughness +14 (+10 flat-footed), Fortitude +15, Reflex +4, Will +10

Abilities 26 + Skills 13 (52 ranks) + Feats 15 + Powers 71 + Combat 8 + Saves 17 = 150 points
Last edited by Michuru81 on Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#72: Mayonaka

Post by Michuru81 » Tue May 22, 2007 12:45 pm

MAYONAKA (Power Level 5)

Height / Weight: 5'6" / 120 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Black / Opaque (glowing black)
Place of Birth: Tokyo, Japan (December 31, 1988)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #6

Physical Appearance: Little stands out about this young Japanese man, save for his eyes. Blind as he is, his eyes are opaque and glassy in appearance. However, as with all Nephilim, when actively using his abilities his eyes blaze with a strange glow corresponding with the color of his hellfire.

Biography: Akira Kondou was born Akira Takizawa- for Takizawa was the name found on his teenaged mother’s ID. The woman had been involved in a fatal car accident, and although the young woman could not be saved the child growing inside her could. The boy was torn from the womb and placed in emergency care. Inept medical staff had neglected one aspect about prenatal care however: the sensitivity of a preemie’s eyes was preyed upon by the oxygen tanks the young children were placed in. Without eye patches put on the youth, the chamber destroyed his eyes before he would ever be able to remember the fleeting moments he could see the light of day.

The child’s grandparents had died two years prior, making his mother an orphan herself. Without any family to care for him, young Akira was raised as an orphan for a time… until he was adopted by the Kondou.

Tennen Rishin-ryu was the school of swordsmanship practiced by the Shinsengumi, the legendary swordsman who patrolled Kyoto during the Bakamatsu. Their legendary leader, Isami Kondou, had himself been an orphan adopted by the childless heir to the clan. Kobemaru Kondou was the current leader- the master of the fighting style and a widow who refused to remarry. Perhaps it was because his own wife had died at a very young age, cut down in a tragic car accident, that he felt such a pull to young Akira. Nevertheless, he adopted the child and raised him as his own- teaching him to overcome his handicap with the strength of Tennen Rishin-ryu.

Overtime, Akira’s abilities as a Nephilim manifested- his blank eyes burning black whenever he channeled the strange energy. He found himself with a great power- his hellfire could deny those near him their sight, putting them on equal footing. Combined with his skill with the sword, Akira became a terrifyingly powerful young man and an ideal candidate for the New Vindicators Academy of Asia.

NEW VINDICATORS: Sic Semper Tyrannis
After his graduation, Mayonaka was offered the chance to lead a squadron during the Trials. Oddly, this honor was not bestowed on either of the class’ prefects. Mayonaka chose his team on that ground- picking the Ichigo twins and drafting Umi to his side- opting to move with stealth and precision through the Trials. The foursome performed excellently throughout before being divided in the Final Trial. In the first round of the fighting tournament, Mayonaka was made to fight against Beatbox and though he showed strong at first, a fateful encounter with Team Australia left Beatbox able to imitate Didgeridoo’s abilities and obscure Mayonaka’s sense of touch through vibrations. Masking his presence to the blind youth, Beatbox knocked out the swordsman and eliminated Akira from the Trials.
  • STR 14 (+2), DEX 14 (+2), CON 14 (+2), INT 12 (+1), WIS 18 (+4), CHA 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Concentration 4 (+8), Craft (artistic) 5 (+6), Drive (just kidding), Knowledge (history) 5 (+6), Language 2 (Braille, English, Japanese [base]), Notice 4 (+7), Sense Motive 4 (+8)

FEATS: Accurate Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 3, Blind-fight, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 1, Dodge Focus 3, Equipment 2, Evasion, Grappling Finesse, Improved Block 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Pin, Improved Throw, Improved Trip, Leadership, Martial Artist 2 (Aikido, Kendo), Power Attack, Takedown Attack, Uncanny Dodge (touch)

POWERS: Hellfire Control 5 (black; Alternate Powers: Obscure 5 [visual]; Drawbacks: Noticeable [glowing eyes, 1 point])

Equipment: comm. link, katana (+3 damage), Vindicators Uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat])

COMBAT: Attack +2 (+5 melee), Grapple +7, Damage +2 (+5 katana), Defense +5 (+1 flat-footed), Knockback -1, Initiative +6

SAVES: Toughness +5 (+4 flat-footed), Fortitude +6, Reflex +3, Will +8

DRAWBACKS: Disability (blindness, 5 points), Involuntary Transformation (hellfire beast, 4 points), Vulnerability (mithral, 3 points)

Abilities 26 + Skills 6 (24 ranks) + Feats 28 + Powers 10 + Combat 8 + Saves 9 - Drawbacks 12 = 75 points
Last edited by Michuru81 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.