OUBLIETTE (Original 2E Builds)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#73: Bio

Postby Michuru81 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:42 pm

BIO (Power Level 5)

Height / Weight: 5'8" / 110 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Blonde / Blue
Place of Birth: Phoenix, Arizona (July 1, 1979)
First Appearance: Vindicators #602

Physical Description: Bridget is a stunningly beautiful young woman with almond-shaped blue eyes and long, blonde hair. Tall for a woman, Bridget stands at six feet in height. Typically, she hides her curvaceous form behind baggy clothes, wearing the form-fitting uniform of the Vindicators under a bulky trench coat.

Biography: At the top of the social food chain in Phoenix, Arizona sit the Harts and the Jennings. Bartholomew and Bethany Hart were very successful in their respective careers; Mister Hart was one of the most sought-after attorneys in the state and his wife was a world-renown surgeon. The two never dreamed of having children until their best friends brought a beautiful baby boy into the world. Kyle was the reason the Harts decided to conceive.

In 1979, they gave birth to twins… to Brian and Bridget.

From an early age, Brian clung to his mother’s figurative apron strings whilst Bridget was a daddy’s girl. The Harts had returned to their careers almost immediately, hiring Linda Lawlins as a nanny and tutor. Soon, the kids had proclaimed their intent to follow in their parents footsteps. The hemophobic Bridget never once considered her mother’s career- looking ahead to law school instead. Her brother had always resisted confrontation and dreamed only of saving lives.

When she was fourteen, Bridget began dating Kyle Jenner- the eighteen-year-old now attending law school with the hopes of one day joining their fathers’ firm. One evening, their date was interrupted by Linda’s younger brothers attacking the young couple.

Lyle Lawlins had kidnapped, molested and murdered five little boys- at his admission of guilt, Bartholomew Hart had refused to represent him. A state-appointed public attorney had done his best, but Lyle had been convicted and was facing execution. Linda had planned to use the children as ransom… but she had trusted her brothers with the task.

Lawrence, Leonard, Lester and Luke Lawlins attacked and restrained the couple; one by one the brothers began took turns raping Bridget, forcing Kyle to watch. In a fit of rage Kyle broke free and attacked his attackers, going so far as to kill Luke.

Lester scrambled for the gun Kyle had knocked aside and opened fire- shooting Kyle once in the shoulder and twice in the chest. In a panic, three more rounds were emptied into Bridget’s stomach and the two were left for dead. It was then that Bridget’s Neo-Sapien powers manifested- the ability to heal any wound she received and to heal those possessed by others. Though she spat out the slugs and sat up fine, her fear of blood kept her from touching Kyle and from saving his life.

She spent the next three years in a mental hospital. The horrific experience had left the young woman in a catatonic stupor. Still, her powers were of use to the government when building the seventh incarnation of Vindicators. While she had manifested her mother’s powers, her brother had manifested their father’s ability to transfer Neo-Sapien abilities to himself. Along with the fifteen-year-old Michuru Bradshaw, Bridget’s purpose was to stay close enough for Brian Hart to use their powers if need be. Michuru was resigned to her protector- transporting and safeguarding her while the rest of the team operated on missions. Still, over time the young man broke through her shell and the wounds on Bridget’s soul finally regenerated.

Years passed and the two became more and more involved in each other’s lives whilst also becoming more functioning members of the team. In 2001, however, five years after they had met, the two found themselves in the Himalayas, tracking the terrorist known as Atlas. The two found their target, but through a series of unfortunate events Bridget was impaled on a stalagmite and killed. The trauma drove her boyfriend insane and the young man’s true abilities as a Nephilim awakened. Literally bringing the mountains down atop them, Bridget’s body was buried under billions of tons of rock and earth. Still, she left behind a great legacy in the hearts of her teammates and in the world she selflessly defended.
    STR 10, DEX 12 (+1), CON 10, INT 16 (+3), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 16 (+3)

SKILLS: Bluff 4 (+7/+10 attractive), Diplomacy 4 (+7/+10 attractive), Knowledge (civics) 5 (+8 ), Profession (lawyer) 3 (+5), Sense Motive 4 (+6)

FEATS: Attractive, Benefit (Status [Vindicator]), Equipment, Set-up, Speed of Thought, Teamwork

POWERS: Healing 5 (Power Feats: Persistent, Regrowth), Regeneration 18 (Recovery Bonus +9, Recovery Rate [Bruised 3, Injured 6]; Power Feats: Persistent, Regrowth)

Equipment: comm. link, Vindicators Uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity [cold and heat])

COMBAT: Attack +2, Grapple +1, Damage +0, Defense +2, Knockback -1, Initiative +3

SAVES: Toughness +2, Fortitude +1, Reflex +2, Will +6

Abilities 18 + Skills 5 (20 ranks) + Feats 6 + Powers 32 + Combat 8 + Saves 6 = 75 points

Michuru81 wrote:During NEW VINDICATORS: Radix Malorum est Cupiditas, there was the question of who was heading the Affiliation. One of the most plausible answers was Bio; actually, I worked hard to make it seem that way. The idea of the regenerator being killed by impalement registered as farfetched to most people (my players included) leaving most guessing that a jilted Bridget Hart was at the helm. She wasn't though, and no matter how prideful it sounds I consider the Affiliation's leader one of the greatest villains ever. Right after Aizen Sosuke, Padan Fain and nearly everyone in Rurouni Kenshin.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Manintights
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Manintights » Tue May 22, 2007 10:29 pm

nice write ups MIchuru. I especially love Taegan. To be honest with you, I never really considered Bio as leader of the affiliation, but it would make a lot of sense.

oh and btw, Padan fain is indeed one bad ass SOB

MIT
"As my father taught, 'Training will raise your shield to the blow, but courage fills the gaps the shield leaves open.'"

Play by post games:

New Vindicators: [Gae Bolg]

smashed247
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby smashed247 » Wed May 23, 2007 2:43 am

Yes, nice write-ups as usual Michuru81

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:40 am

Manintights wrote:nice write ups MIchuru. I especially love Taegan. To be honest with you, I never really considered Bio as leader of the affiliation, but it would make a lot of sense.

The idea became that... it's only natural for a regenerator to bounce back from something like that. Mich's Hellfire Beast dropped the roof on her head and buried her under the mountain. Naturally, it takes her quite some time to dig her way out of it... only to find years have passed and things have changed considerably. Things such as her boyfriend moving on.

As a Vindicator, she would have no trouble gaining access to anything the others have- including the files on the students- past and present. From there, build an army based on jealousy.

The story had multiple red herrings- Michuru being the most obvious. Unfortunately, Lodestone's player has been through my campaigns before. In every world I create, there's a guy named Michuru (he's my Cid) and he always looks like the bad guy. Lodey would persist that it wasn't Michuru because that's how I write... but Deimos was still sure it was him. He still is, actually.

One of the most wild theories I got back was that it was Rumble- or at least, Rumble's other half. I heard a really off-the-wall idea that the Aurelius magically cloned his daughter (not wanting to live with the shared custody) and the result was that while one could not use her powers for anything she knew to be evil, the other could not use hers for anything she knew to be good.

Still, according to my players, I'm the evil one. Them knowing the outcome made reading the last few months worth of posts frustrating. All throughout the story, there are clues as to just who is pulling the strings. Thing is, when you know how things turn out, those clues become slaps in the face.

oh and btw, Padan fain is indeed one bad ass SOB

I'm a sucker for villains you don't see coming. Most stories don't generally surprise me. Usually a movie, book, TV show, manga, comic... whatever is fairly predictable. The ones that surprise me are the ones I enjoy. BLEACH did just that with the true mastermind behind the Soul Society arc.

Other than surprise, the other thing that makes an awesome villain to me is sympathy. Most villains are so detached and insane that they cease to represent a person anymore. Best examples I have are Sephiroth and Voldemort- more power incarnate than they are actual villains. For me, Rurouni Kenshin had some awesome bad guys- Aoshi, Soujiro, Anji, Einishi... they were bastards, but at the same time, you got why they were bastards. I think when you're not quite sure who to root for, you're reading a good story.

Padan Fain combined both of those elements. From the moment he's presented as this guy who becomes so disappointed that he's not the center of attention to the moment you're told he was drug off in the night by Trollocs. You start to feel sorry for him and then... then he turns around and shows himself for what he truly is. I lurve me some Padan Fain.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#74: Backlash

Postby Michuru81 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:32 pm

BACKLASH (Power Level 5)

Height / Weight: 5'10" / 160 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Brown / Blue
Place of Birth: Cheapside, London, England (December 9, 1988)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #13

Biography: Tyson Noble was born third to Jerome and Claudia Noble- Jerome was born in 1961, just as the bells of St. Mary-le-Bow began to ring again, sounding the end of the reconstruction. What neither Tyson, nor his father knew, was the reason behind Tyson's paternal grandmother's strange, glowing black eyes. Still, both were aware of the bizarre trait she passed on to them both- the reflective field that could force aggressive assaults back on the attacker.

None of Tyson's brothers have ever manifested this ability, thus inflating his ego a bit more. His Neo-Sapien powers manifested early in life and made him quite confident; despite his size, Tyson always said what he wanted to his peers- without fear of physical reprecussion.

Such began the developement of what he would jokingly imply to be his true Neo-Sapien power: super smack talk.

With the founding of the New Vindicators Academy of Europe, Tyson found himself relocating to Austria, leaving home for the school that would help him to become a hero. There, he met his best friend Evan Bradley (Kiln) as well as his girlfriend Charity.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
After graduation, Paragon chose Backlash, Kiln and Terpsichore as his squadron during the Trials. The group performed modestly up until the Final Trial. It was there that Tyson pulled Excalibur as an opponent. His powers made short work of the man, advancing him to the next round where he and Kiln teamed up against Kaze and Phobos- downing Kaze and then watching as Phobos began to lose control of himself.

First, Phobos showed them a vision of the future- a vision they were somehow able to interact with -and then he began to transform into a hellfire beast. Recognizing the warning signs, Coach Crag interupted the fight to spare them the nightmare of dealing with a transformed Phobos- advancing them once more, into a round that would not be fought...

Memento Mori
When the American school requested assistance from the other campuses, Asia responded by dispatching Brass to New York while Europe sent Backlash and Kiln. The two British youths made quick friends with Frostbite but Backlash also made nice with a local cop- Kennedy Maza.

Their relationship began to blossom and then she became caught in the Wisent's war as well. Taking a bullet into the spine, the officer found herself crippled and Backlash grew more and more distant. Ultimately, Patriot Robotics would revive her as Nano and the two would meet again- this time, in combat.

New Vindicators Annual #2
Upon returning home from America, Backlash and Kiln found themselves recruited into Quintessence's hunt for Paragon.
    STR 10, DEX 14 (+2), CON 10, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 16 (+3)

SKILLS: Bluff 4 (+7)

FEATS: Attack Specialization (unarmed) 2, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 4, Equipment, Taunt, Teamwork

POWERS: Reflection Field 5 (Alternate Powers: Blast 5 [Power Feats: Accurate; Extras: Area {burst, +1}], Stun 5 [Extras: Area {burst, +1}]; Extras: Automatic Hit [+1])

COMBAT: Attack +0 (+4 unarmed), Grapple +0, Damage +0, Defense +4 (+0 flat-footed), Knockback -0, Initiative +2

SAVES: Toughness +4 (+2 flat-footed), Fortitude +1, Reflex +5, Will +1

Abilities 10 + Skills 1 + Feats 11 + Powers 48 + Combat 0 + Saves 5 = 75 points
Last edited by Michuru81 on Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#75: Kiln

Postby Michuru81 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:35 pm

KILN (Power Level 5)

Height / Weight: 5'8" / 150 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Black / Hazel
Place of Birth: Chelmsford, England (August 29, 1988)

Biography: Growing up in the 1970's, Shawn Bradley's favorite superhero wasn't Spider-man or Batman... it was his cousin.

The world knew the identity of the latest heroes to carry the name of the Vindicators- Professor Philip Alston, Patrick Goodman, Victoria Richmond and Doctor Kenneth Bradley made up the Vindicators IV. Shawn Bradley couldn't stop telling people his American cousin was the famed Doctor Splash.

Idolizing the Neo-Sapiens and the exotic lifestyle the media depicted them as leading, Shawn wished he had been born with phenomenal powers. Those abilities he hungered for were what attracted him to Sarah Evans- her ability to generate fire was astonishing to the man and only furthered his infatuation.

The two married and eventually gave birth to a boy- Evan. Gifted with his mother's powers he was always bored by what his father considered to be a great gift. It was at his father's urging that he joined the New Vindicators Academy of Europe and it was there that he met his best friend (Tyson Noble, a.k.a. Backlash) and his girlfriend, Chastity.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Following his graduation, Kiln was picked (along with Backlash and Terpsichore) to join Paragon's squadron and compete in the 2007 Trials. The group did modestly well through out, before being forced to stand on their own in the last test.

Kiln's first battle was against Mazui- one he easily won. He moved on to team up with Backlash against Kaze and Phobos. Though Kaze was bested with few complications, Phobos's status as a Nephilim proved bothersome. Still, the two survived and would have advanced to fight each other in the third round- had the Trials not been interupted...

Memento Mori
When the American campus sent out a plea for backup, the European Academy responded by sending Backlash and Kiln. Kiln acted as the voice of reason for his companion while the pair loaned their abilities and training to their American counterparts for the entirity of the Wisent's war. Ultimately, the pair aided in the final battle with the crimelord- helping to topple his empire before returning home...

New Vindicators Annual #2
Kiln and Backlash returned home, just in time to join Quintessence in his hunt for Paragon. Along with several other students, the pair fought the Nephilim but were ultimately unable to see him safely put away in Alcatraz.
    STR 10, DEX 14 (+2), CON 10, INT 10, WIS 14 (+2), CHA 16 (+3)

SKILLS: Diplomacy 4 (+9), Knowledge (history) 3, Knowledge (theology and philosophy) 3, Languages 2 (English [base], Italian, Latin), Sense Motive 4 (+8 )

FEATS: Defensive Roll 2, Equipment, Precise Shot, Talented (Diplomacy/Sense Motive), Teamwork

POWERS: Blast 6 (fire; Alternate Powers: Blast 4 [Extras: Area {burst, +1}], Blast 4 [Extras: Area {line, +1}], Ignite 4; Power Feats: Accurate; Drawbacks: Power Loss [when immersed in water or exposed to a vacuum, -1 point]), Flight 4 (100 MPH; Power Feats: Dodge Focus 4; Drawbacks: Power Loss [when immersed in water or exposed to a vacuum, -1 point]), Energy Aura 3 (fire; Drawbacks: Power Loss [when immersed in water or exposed to a vacuum, -1 point]), Super-Senses 2 (Additional Senses: Infravision)

Equipment: comm. link, Vindicators Uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat])

COMBAT: Attack +2 (+4 fire blast), Grapple +2, Damage +0, Defense +6 (+1 flat-footed), Knockback -1, Initiative +2

SAVES: Toughness +4 (+2 flat-footed), Fortitude +4, Reflex +3, Will +3

Abilities 14 + Skills 4 (16 ranks) + Feats 6 + Powers 39 + Combat 6 + Saves 6 = 75 points

Michuru81 wrote:Kiln is one of many former students from the New Vindicators Academy of Europe who appear in Smashed247's New Vindicators 2026 game. An older version of Evan appears there and you hereby need to check it out.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

smashed247
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby smashed247 » Sun May 27, 2007 8:38 am

Good builds.

Though on Kiln's build: Flight 4 = 100mph

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Sun May 27, 2007 1:49 pm

smashed247 wrote:Good builds.

Though on Kiln's build: Flight 4 = 100mph

I dunno what I was thinking. I got it now, thanks.

smashed247
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby smashed247 » Mon May 28, 2007 4:13 am

Also, I just noticed that the Powers total should be 42 and the combat total should be 6. Sorry to keep nitpicking

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Mon May 28, 2007 7:18 am

smashed247 wrote:Also, I just noticed that the Powers total should be 42 and the combat total should be 6. Sorry to keep nitpicking

LOL, no problem. It's good to know someone's checking my work (it's likely riddled with errors). Should be all fixed now though.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#76: Lionheart

Postby Michuru81 » Mon May 28, 2007 7:23 am

LIONHEART (Power Level 10)

Height / Weight: 6'2" / 205 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: White / Blue
Place of Birth: Kilmarnock, Scotland (August 25, 1930)
First Appearance: Vindicators #75

Physical Description: Headmaster Vogel is an aged man with strong, striking features. His silver beard and well groomed mane of hair are touched with strokes of black that pierce his appearance as surely as his eyes pierced the soul.

Biography: Richard Vogel was born and raised in Kilmarnock in Ayrshire, Scotland. From 1948 through 1980, the ruggedly handsome Scot served as a member of the Royal Highland Fusiliers- retiring as a decorated man for his activity. During that time, however, he displayed his Neo-Sapien abilities which made him a legend amongst his men; “the Lion of Ayr” they dubbed him, for his ability to take on a lion-like appearance and gain abilities similar to the king of the jungle.

Two decades after his retirement, Vogel was approached with the proposition to join the New Vindicators Academy of Europe- serving as headmaster. Though there were many differences between the battlefield and the classroom, Richard agreed to give the next generation of heroes whatever he could.
    STR 14 [34] (+12), DEX 14 (+2), CON 14 [34] (+12), INT 12 (+1), WIS 16 (+3), CHA 18 (+4)

SKILLS: Climb 2 (+16), Drive 2 (+4), Intimidate 6 (+10), Knowledge (civics) 3 (+4), Knowledge (history) 3 (+4), Knowledge (tactics) 5 (+6), Language 1 (English [base], French), Notice 3 (+7), Pilot 2 (+4), Profession (soldier) 8 (+11), Sense Motive 5 (+8 ), Stealth 2 (+8 ), Survival 4 (+7), Swim 2 (+14)

FEATS: All-out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (Status [Headmaster]), Fearsome Presence 5, Improved Block 2, Improved Critical (unarmed), Improved Defense 2, Improved Initiative, Inspire 2, Leadership, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown Attack, Ultimate Effort (Ultimate Skill [Intimidate])

POWERS: Container 12 (anthropomorphic lion; Enhanced Constitution 20, Enhanced Skills 3 (Climb 4, Notice 4, Stealth 4), Enhanced Strength 20, Leaping 3, Protection 2, Speed 3 [Power Feats: Dodge Focus 2], Strike 2 [Power Feats: Accurate, Mighty], Super-Movement 1 [Slow Fall], Super-Senses 2 [Additional Senses: Low-Light Vision, Scent])

COMBAT: Attack +4 (+6 strike), Grapple +12, Damage +12 (+14 strike), Defense +6 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -7, Initiative +6

SAVES: Toughness +14, Fortitude +15, Reflex +5, Will +10

Abilities 28 + Skills 12 (48 ranks) + Feats 21 + Powers 60 + Combat 16 + Saves 13 = 150 points
Last edited by Michuru81 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smashed247
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby smashed247 » Mon May 28, 2007 9:02 am

Very nice build Michuru81, but in order to reflect that Lionheart assumes a lion-like form, shouldn't he have the Normal Identity (Free Action) Drawback? It would better reflect his power-description and would give you 3 extra PP to play around with.

If Pict's build is half as good as Lionheart's build then I'm gonna have a good start to the week. :D

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#77: Basilisk

Postby Michuru81 » Mon May 28, 2007 12:25 pm

BASILISK (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 6' / 185 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Brown / Hazel
Place of Birth: Redditch, England (August 7, 1988)

Physical Description: Axeion is a well-build young man with a simple appearance. He keeps his brown hair combed neatly to one side and his goatee well-trimmed. He wears the standard, unaltered uniform of the school.

Biography: If anything can be said about Scott Axeion, it’s that in a one-on-one fight, he ends things quickly. It’s been years since his Neo-Sapien power manifested itself; born with the ability to turn people to stone with a look- his power is a struggle to be true. If Axeion’s power fails to overcome an opponent it backfires on him- turning him to stone without fail.

Needless to save, as a student at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe, Scott Axeion does not try to rely heavily on his ability. While most of the other students see him as being slow to catch on, Scott surprises most of them with layers hidden under what he shows most. A capable fighter in his own right, he further compensates with an intense love for American wrestling and his own finesse as a grappler.

Scott Axeion also possesses a natural endurance all his own and a staggering ability to bounce back from most bumps and bruises. He can carry on longer than most, rapidly healing and keeping him running longer.

In sparing matches against some of the other students, he manages to do fairly well. However, while he can prove himself against his teammates he had failed to prove himself to them.

NEW VINDICATORS: Sic Semper Tyrannis--In the 2007 Trials, Axeion found himself partnered with the three students he’s never been able to best in sparing practice. The Rhino is impossible for Scott to pin, while Rush is impossible to get a hold of. Taegan’s abilities leave Scott unable to give each bout his best athletic performance. Taegan noted the healthy competition inherent in Scott and drafted him into his squadron for it.

Still, in the first round of the Final Trial, Scott faced off against Pict. Early on, Pict denied Scott his aptitude for fighting and forced him to use his powers. It was a gamble that paid off as Pict survived the petrification, only to have it cause Axeion to fall before he truly began.

NEW VINDICATORS: quaere verum--Two days into the new school year, Fach found out that her father was involved in a hostage situation. Along with some of her classmates, she stole a plane and headed for Germany where the New Vindicators moved to resolve a tense situation between Captain Nelson and the Germany military. After splitting up, Fluxx, Current and Candyman encountered Axeion on the ground floor of the town hall. Now working as a mercenary operating under the codename Basilisk, Axeion barred the young hero's path...

STR 18 (+4), DEX 12 (+1), CON 18 (+4), INT 10, WIS 8 (-1), CHA 10

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+5), Climb 4 (+7), Knowledge (popular culture) 4, Language 1 (English [base], French), Perform (acting) 3, Profession (mercenary) 4 (+3), Swim 4 (+7)

FEATS: Attack Focus 2 (melee), Chokehold, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 2, Endurance 1, Equipment 1, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Pin, Martial Artist 1 (wrestling), Power Attack, Tough 3, Weapon Bind

POWERS: Petrification 8 (Extras: Gaze [+0])

Equipment: cell phone, leather jacket; 3 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +4 (+6 melee), Grapple +10, Damage +4, Defense +6 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -5 (-4 flat-footed), Initiative +1

SAVES: Toughness +10 (+8 flat-footed), Fortitude +10, Reflex +3, Will +1

Abilities 16 + Skills 6 (24 ranks) + Feats 18 + Powers 24 + Combat 16 + Saves 10 = 80/120 points

Michuru81 wrote:2010/3/8: Like George Lucas, I can't leave things well enough alone...

When I first started the New Vindicators campaign, I was mean and forced my players to create PL 1/15 point characters. I was coming into the system from D&D and had it my head that characters should level up. By the time my players reached the Trials they were PL 5. In hindsight, I would have liked for this game to have been run PL 8/120 points from the get-go and as a result of that desire, I began going back months ago, retooling some characters... Scott here amongst them.

I'd had a PL 8 Axeion sitting on my hard drive for some time now, but with his recent appearance in my PBP game, I felt it time to post him.

For the most part, he's the same character he always was except that in his years of inactivity, he's removed the side-effect from his Petrification powers.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#78: Pict [PC]

Postby Michuru81 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:00 pm

PICT (Power Level 5)

Height / Weight: 5'8" / 174 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Red-Brown (bald) / Hazel
Place of Birth: Unst, Scotland (January 15, 1989)

Physical Appearance: Generally, Pict keeps his head shaven and chooses different colored contacts (hiding his naturally hazel eyes). He is a mass of lean muscle who only wears half of the standard uniform- opting to keep his chest exposed that he can better use his powers.

Biography: In 297 AD, a panegyric written by Eumenius suggests that the Picts were “tattooed people”; a collective of Northern Scots, legends paint them as a painted people- a confederated tribe of farmers with a history lost to time. Today, the Picts remain an obscure, mysterious people… but their spirit lives on in the hearts of the McClanahan brothers.

Peter Andrew and John Paul were orphans growing up in Unst, one of the North Isles of the Shetland Islands. Their parents lives had been claimed in a fair that only the pair survived from. John Paul did his best to raise his younger brother- but what he gave in financial support he lacked in responsibility.

A tattoo artist by trade, the two interrupted a night of drinking by inking Andrew’s first tat- a pair of angelic wings forever etched on Peter’s back. John said that they symbolized the guardian angel the pair must have had watching their backs- the being that must have saved them from the fire. Finishing up, the two climbed into their car and began snaking their way through the village when an intoxicated John Paul drove the car over a cliff.

The two dove out and clung to the side of the cliff. John Paul hung onto his brother- his arms wrapped around his neck. The weight was too much to support and rather than see both fall into the sea, John threw himself off- touching his brother’s back and evoking his Neo-Sapien ability as he fell.

The angelic wings tore from Peter Andrew’s back and gave birth to a great, winged cherub. The guardian angel pulled the younger brother to safety before vanishing once more onto his back.

In his mourning, he began to think about how his brother had saved him and wondered if he too possessed such an ability to bring tattoos to life. He had the angel finished- giving it his brother’s face and proclaiming John Paul McClanahan to be his guardian angel. Since, he had added to his collective and began to use his strange powers in the service of the New Vindicators Academy of Europe.
    STR 14, DEX 12, CON 14, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 10

SKILLS: Craft (art) 4, Knowledge (popular culture) 4, Notice 4, Sense Motive 4

FEATS: All-out Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment, Power Attack, Teamwork

POWERS: Animate Objects 5 (Power Feats: Progression 3; Extras: Additional Type [tattoos, +1]; Flaws: Limited [tattoos, -1])

COMBAT: Attack +4, Grapple +6, Damage +2, Defense +4 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -2, Initiative +1

SAVES: Toughness +6 (+4 flat-footed), Fortitude +3, Reflex +2, Will +4

Abilities 10 + Skills 4 (16 ranks) + Feats 6 + Powers 18 + Combat 16 + Saves 6 = 60 points

Michuru81 wrote:One of my players controlled Pict during the Trials but he's been picked up by Smashed247 and included in his New Vindicators 2026 campaign. He's grown a lot over the years and if you don't go look, I'll cry.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#79: Coach Crag

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:34 pm

COACH CRAG (Power Level 10)

Height / Weight: 6'3" / 230 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Grey / Blue
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois (June 21, 1950 – March 15, 2008)
First Appearance: Vindicators #350

Biography: Patrick Goodman was an all-state quarterback with a free ride to any college he wanted. Still, in the midst of 1968, the young athlete found himself drafted into the Vietnam War. He returned as even more of a hometown hero than before he had left and quickly found himself coaching football at his old high school, as well as teaching driver’s ed.

It was in 1974 that the school came under attack by the Neo-Sapien terrorist, Miss Multiple, that Patrick revealed the Neo-Sapien powers that had saved him time and again in the heat of battle. Using his powers to shield his high school girlfriend and fellow teacher, Victoria Richmond, Patrick had condemned himself in the eyes of the people who had once thrown parades for him. Exposed as a Neo-Sapien, he was cast aside along with Victoria and their former classmate-turned educator, Kenneth Bradley.

Their hometown was done with him, but their country was not.

Following the disbanding of the third incarnation of the Vindicators, Patrick was drafted into a new war. Through the 1970’s he served his country and the world as Coach Crag and helplessly watched as the love of his life moved on with his newest friend. For years, the muscle of the team went from girl to girl, secretly pining away for the one that got away. Though the situations leading up to it broke his heart, he soared when Victoria returned to him- pushed away in the wake of Kenneth’s transformation. No longer could Kenneth change between his human and liquid state and fearing a similar fate for Victoria and the other members of the Vindicators IV, Dr. Splash called it quits and disbanded the team.

Patrick and Victoria married and gave birth to their first child, Norman Goodman. Though the young man never displayed either parent’s Neo-Sapien abilities, he did out himself as a homosexual to them in his teen years. Unable to accept her child for who he was, Victoria disowned the eighteen-year-old Norman and focused instead on the twins, ten-year-old Cassandra and Cloud.

When the twins were twelve, the Goodmans watched as the children exhibited their own Neo-Sapien abilities. While Cassandra’s seemed to be a marriage of her father’s abilities as well as her mothers, Cloud took solely after a mother- a trend Patrick had always found disturbing. Seeing the dangerous road their children would have ahead of them, the two took jobs teaching at a school for Neo-Sapiens, wanting to provide such an environment for their children and for children like them. It was during the health examinations that Patrick proved his suspicions right- Cassandra and Cloud were the product of superfecundation; Cloud was not his biological son.

NEW VINDICATORS: Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas
Respectively, the Goodmans served as the physical education and English teachers when during their children’s senior year the school became the target for a group known as the Affiliation. During the year-long war, Cloud lost his life, killed by Chimera- a reformed villain whom the Vindicators IV had fought many times. Though Victoria was devastated, Patrick bottled his emotions and continued on as normal. Still, he was obviously to the involvement of their former teammates, Doctor Splash and Professor Incendiary. Professor Alston had joined the Affiliation at the promise of Chimera’s forced-affections while Doctor Bradley had done so with the lure of Patrick’s death and Victoria’s return to his arms. The couple were captured by the Affiliation and held by Dr. Splash before finally being freed by their students in the ensuing war.

NEW VINDICATORS: Memento Mori
Following the arrest of the administrators, the Goodmans were named as the new headmasters of the New Vindicators Academy of America. Tired of the way things were being run, Coach Crag declared war on crime and had the graduates patrol the city. This led them into a war with the Wisent, the kingpin who controlled New York City’s shady underworld.

During their war, Tyson Noble (Backlash) witnessed Patrick Goodman leaving a gay bar with a younger man. He followed the two back to the young man’s apartment and attempted to use this knowledge to blackmail the gruff headmaster. Ultimately, he found out it was Crag’s estranged son and not his lover and that he had been secretive about their relationship due to his wife’s feelings towards their son.

NEW VINDICATORS: Absit Omen
During Terahertz’s assault on the school, the administration commanded the students to retreat to the Wreck Room. In a previous attack, numerous students lost their lives due to their being scattered- making it difficult for the faculty to protect them. The two raced to guard the room from Terahertz, only to find her already there. A battle ensued between the Goodmans and Terahertz, with the headmaster and headmistress being overwhelmed by the young woman’s abilities.

When the student body arrived they found Miss Mist unconscious and Terahertz victorious over Coach Crag’s lifeless body. Though they doubted their chances against her, seeing that she had killed Coach Crag, they rushed into battle to take down their headmaster’s killer.
    STR 16 [40] (+15), DEX 12 (+1), CON 18 (+4), INT 12 (+1), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 12 (+1)

SKILLS: Bluff 4 (+7), Climb 3 (+6), Drive 5 (+6), Intimidate 4 (+7), Knowledge (popular culture) 3 (+4), Profession (educator) 6 (+8), Profession (soldier) 4 (+6), Notice 4 (+6), Sense Motive 4 (+6), Survival 4 (+6), Swim 3 (+6)

FEATS: All-out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 2, Benefit 2 (Status [United States Armed Forces, Vindicator]), Challenge 1 (Bluff [Conversational Paralysis]), Chokehold, Crushing Pin, Diehard, Endurance, Fearless, Improved Block 2, Improved Defense 2, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Interpose, Power Attack, Talented (Unnerving [Bluff and Intimidate]), Taunt, Takedown Attack 2, Teamwork 2, Ultimate Effort (Ultimate Skill [Bluff])

POWERS: Alternate Form 13 (Solid [rock]; Density 12 [Enhanced Strength 24, Immovable 4, Protection 6 {Extras: Impervious}, Super Strength 4 {Power Feats: Counter Punch, Groundstrike, Shock Wave}], Immunity 16 [critical hits, electrical damage, life support], Protection 5 [Extras: Impervious]

COMBAT: Attack +2 (+4 melee), Grapple +7 [+23], Damage +3 [+15], Defense +4 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -2 [-13], Initiative +1

SAVES: Toughness +4 [+15 {+11 Impervious}], Fortitude +11, Reflex +4, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (Neo-Sapien), Reputation, Responsibility (Husband, Father, Headmaster), Secret (Norman Goodman, Cloud Goodman)

Abilities 24 + Skills 11 (44 ranks) + Feats 27 + Powers 65 + Combat 6 + Saves 17 = 150 points

Return to “Roll Call”