Iron Kingdoms [Caine, Reaper by smashed247]

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:08 am

Warpwolf (79PP template)

Skills (2): Notice +4, Survival +4

Powers (87):
Super-Senses 2 (Low-light vision, Acute scent)

Warpwolf Transformation: Alternate Form 17 (Sustained duration)
Size: Large (Drawback: Slow Movement 1 [base land speed 30ft])

Enhanced Abilities 4: Dexterity +2, Constitution +6, Wisdom -4
Enhanced Saves 8: Fortitude +4, Reflex +4
Enhanced Skills 2: Notice +4, Survival +4
Enhanced Feats 2: Improved Overrun, Power Attack

Claws: Strike 6 (slashing; Power Feats: Improved Critical 3, Mighty, Split Attack 1)

Bite: Strike 4 (piercing; Power Feat: Mighty)

Baying of Chaos: Confuse 2 (Extra: Range [Ranged -> Perception]; Flaw: Sense-Dependent [hearing])

Controlled Warping: Null Array 10 (Flaw: Limited [1 PP / rank]; Power Feat: Dynamic)
DAP: Armored Hide: Force Field 10
DAP: Enhanced Strength 10
DAP: Enhanced Feat (Attack Focus [melee]) 10
DAP: Enhanced Feat (Attack Focus [ranged]) 10
DAP: Enhanced Feat (Improved Initiative) 10
DAP: Speed 10
DAP: Regeneration 10 (allocate points as desired)

Lunar Warping: (Enhanced Feat [Improved Initiative] 1 Linked to Speed 1) x3, (Enhanced Strength 4) x3,and (Force Field 4) x3 (Flaw: Uncontrolled)
Drawbacks (-10): Involuntary Transformation (to warpwolf; Very Common [response to emotional stress or injury], Major [DC 15 Will save to resist], -5), One-Way Transformation (Very Common, Major [2-3 days to return to normal], -5)

:arrow: Warpwolves are men and women that have been cursed to transform into ravenous lupine monsters. The body of a warpwolf is highly protean; not only does it warp and mutate in relation to the phases of the moons, but the warpwolf itself also has some control over its form, and can grow bony armor plates, shift and reattach muscle, and close grievous wounds with only a thought. The druids of Circle Orboros have been known to use warpwolves as mighty beasts of war, and the thought of facing one of these terrors on the battlefield is enough to make even a hardened soldier's blood run cold.

:arrow: The warpwolf's Lunar Warping ability bears some explaining. The power of a warpwolf waxes and wanes alongside the three moons of Caen, in a relationship that's more complicated than I care to get into right now; the upshot is, the GM can fine tune exactly how nasty he or she wants the warpwolf to be (and exactly why the monster is that nasty) before it meets the PCs in mortal combat. Bear in mind that when all three moons are full, the warpwolf gains a full three offensive power levels and a whopping SIX defensive power levels, as well as being quicker on the draw and faster on its feet than most PCs will be able to match; add in the warpwolf's inherent ability modifiers and the 10 power points it can throw around via Controlled Warping, and you have a veritable combat god.

:arrow: I had to find an alternative to my usual "two hands = Autofire Strike" route for the warpwolf's claws, as the beast's variable Strength makes it quite impossible to know from moment to moment exactly how many ranks in Autofire the Strike needs. As such, I doubled the normal damage bonus for claws of this size and added the Split Attack Power Feat, as well as a few ranks in Improved Critical; the end result is decently similar to how Autofire works, if not quite as effective.

:arrow: Wow. The warpwolf is quite possibly the nastiest beast I've built to date, simply because of its sheer potential. Depending on the phases of the moons and on how its fancy strikes it, at any given moment a warpwolf can be an unholy terror in close combat, a nearly unkillable monstrosity, the fastest thing on foot in the Iron Kingdoms, or some compromise between all of these. And because it can shift its powers around from moment to moment, a warpwolf is nearly impossible for a single hero to put down and can pose a challenge to even the most versatile and well-rounded party of PCs. Even when the moons are all new and the person under the template is a Bystander, a warpwolf is not a foe to be trifled with; applying the template to a trained fighter (or worse, a magic user!) when the moons are full is just plain mean.

:arrow: Note that this template is designed for a Medium-sized humanoid that turns into a Large warpwolf; applying the template to a larger or smaller base creature will require some tweaks, mostly in the purchased Size and the damage dealt by the warpwolf's natural weapons.
Last edited by Servitor_2152 on Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:13 am

Woldwarden (PL10/MR7/100PP)

Size (12): Large

Abilities (-13): Str 26 (+8 ), Dex 10 (+0), Con -- (N/A), Int -- (N/A), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 1 (-5)

Combat (18 ): Atk +8; Dam +16 (Druid's Wrath), +12 (Call Lightning), +11 (slam), +8 (Flame Strike); Grapple +21; Def -1; Init +0

Saves (25): Tough +17 (Impervious 12), Fort N/A, Ref +4, Will +4

Powers (61):
Impervious Toughness 12 (Flaw: Limited [ineffective vs. magic])
Super-Senses 2 (Darkvision)
Super-Movement 4 (Sure-Footed 4; Flaw: Limited [moving through vegetation only])
Immunity 5 (alteration effects)

Slam: Strike 3 (bludgeoning; Extra: Autofire; Power Feat: Mighty)
AP: Druid's Wrath: Strike 8 (magic, bludgeoning; Power Feat: Mighty)

Flame Strike: Blast 8 (magic, fire; Extra: Area [general burst]; Power Feat: Indirect)
AP: Call Lightning: Blast 12 (magic, electricity; Power Feat: Indirect)
AP: Quench: Nullify 8 (all fire effects; Extra: Area [general burst])
AP: Rapid Growth: Snare 8 (vegetation; Extras: Area [general burst], Constricting; Flaw: Medium [existing plant life])

Drawbacks (-3): Slow Movement 3 (base land speed 20ft)

Size 12 + Abilities -13 + Combat 18 + Saves 25 + Powers 61 + Drawbacks -3 = 100

Tradeoffs: Offensive PL 12, Defensive PL 8; -4 Atk / +4 Save DC, -9 Def / +9 Tough

:arrow: Woldwardens are large constructs, similar to golems, built by the druids of Circle Orboros to protect their sacred groves and forests. Woldwardens lack intelligence and initiative, but their raw physical might and undying loyalty makes up for this, and the druids number these giant stone-and-wood effigies among their most favored servants.

:arrow: The woldwarden is a very straightforward combatant: it's dumb as a bag of hammers, but you don't really need brains to keep hitting something until it stops moving. Unless ordered to do otherwise, woldwardens favor melee combat over ranged, and will either hammer away at foes with both hands (the Autofire Slam) or pull back and deliver a single magically-empowered haymaker (the Druid's Wrath). A woldwarden will use Rapid Growth to tie down a fast-moving enemy long enough to hit it, but Call Lightning and Flame Strike are reserved chiefly for those enemies that the woldwarden has no other way of reaching. Finally, woldwardens get Quench becuase, if you live in a forest, a giant magical robot that can put out fires is an awfully useful thing to have.

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:37 am

Well, I figured the Warpwolf would be a pain in the butt to build, but I didn't think it would be a pain in the butt to post! Stupid corrupted server.

Also, I remembered that Super-Movement is 2pp/rank, which means I need to go back and alter some of my builds; Vlad, Sorscha, and the Troll Axer are the ones that come to mind. I'll get on that now.

All right, folks, I want your input on something. As it stands right now, all of my thrall builds have all three of their mental Ability scores, as they do in the Monsternomicon. Unfortunately, this means that they currently lack a typical d20 undead's immunity to . . . well, most anything that provokes a Will save. I have a few options for dealing with this:

1. Leave the thralls as they are. This is the cheapest option, but again, it means that these zombies and undead warriors are vulnerable to things like fear effects and illusions, which doesn't seem right.

2. Give all the thralls the Fearless feat. This is the second-cheapest option, and it covers the main thing I'm worried about. After all, once you're dead, what's left to be afraid of? However, it still leaves the thralls vulnerable to other emotional effects, such as anger and (Toruk forbid) love. I'm not all that familiar with Privateer Press's fluff, so I have to ask: is this appropriate? Do IK undead have emotions, and do they have enough emotions to be vulnerable to emotional effects? It says in the Monsternomicon that Risen in particular only feel rage, but rage can be stoked or cooled, particularly by magic.

3. Give all the thralls Immunity to emotional effects. This is expensive enough to require some playing around with the builds, but it brings the thralls that much closer to their d20 selves. Again, I'm not sure whether this is justified by the IK fluff.

4. Give all the thralls Immunity to all Will saves. This is by far the most expensive option, bumping every thrall up two Minion Ranks by default, and I really don't think most of them are worth it (particularly the nigh-useless Risen). However, it makes them all immune to illusions and other mental effects, which is what d20 undead have. Can undead in Privateer Press fiction be fooled by illusions?

Thanks for your input!

doc xaos
Bystander
Bystander

Post by doc xaos » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:56 pm

Servitor, your IK stats are great. I like the way you make your builds. Quite different. I have installed the Warjacks as a cosmic force in my campaign. I’m going to put 4 of the Deathjacks against Talisen’s LOBO!!! I just need a story idea. Picture it. Iron age all the way, right?

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:21 am

doc xaos wrote:Servitor, your IK stats are great. I like the way you make your builds. Quite different. I have installed the Warjacks as a cosmic force in my campaign. I’m going to put 4 of the Deathjacks against Talisen’s LOBO!!! I just need a story idea. Picture it. Iron age all the way, right?
In more ways than one! :D

Let's see . . . would the Deathjacks actually be hunting the Main Man, or would he simply be crashing someone else's party? If it's the former, I can't think of anyone in particular who would have both the motivation and inclination to sic giant necromantic robots of doom on Lobo, but if it's the latter, giant necromantic robots of doom sounds like exactly the sort of thing that Felix Faust would be doing with his spare time.

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:14 am

Servitor_2152 wrote:Image

Master Tormentor Morghoul (PL15/225PP)

:arrow: EDIT 6/25/07: Major tweaks to Morghoul. To begin with, I changed his Rippers from a Device to a piece of Equipment; really, they're little more than a pair of taloned gloves, and not as important to Morghoul as Rathrok is to Madrak or Quicksilver is to Stryker. I also dropped the Shield bonus from Morghoul's Paingiver armor from +12 to +7, and shifted his overall Defense/Toughness tradeoff. With the extra points, I've beefed up Morghoul's feats considerably: he now has three ranks of Sneak Attack, a single rank of Takedown attack (because giving a guy with No Saving Throw Strength two ranks of Takedown Attack still strikes me as being the epitome of evil), the Accurate/All-Out/Defensive/Power Attack cap-shifting combo, and Assessment. I've also amped up Morghoul's Dodge Focus and given him Defensive Roll, allowing him to meet his new defensive caps despite the drop in protection from his armor. All told, Morghoul now relies less on his gear and is even scarier in melee.
In addition to the Morghoul edit, I've also gone back and added the Fearless feat to all of my warjack and undead builds. The warjacks get Disability: Mute to even out the cost, while the various Thralls either lose a point from their Saves to compensate or simply increase in cost by one power point. In any case, no one's Minion Rank increases.

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:40 am

Vladimir Tzepesci, Dark Prince of Umbrey (PL16/240PP)

:arrow: EDIT 6/26/07: While working on High Exemplar Kreoss (whose Focus power, like Vlad's, was partially copy-pasted from Haley's build), I realized that I'd forgotten to drop the Dynamic Power Feat from Vlad's Focus power. Whoops. Vlad's extra power point goes into a rank of Endurance; Vlad seems like he'd be able to soldier on for a long time without resting, particularly since he's one of the few warcasters out there whose armor isn't steam powered.
I'm working on Kreoss now, and he should be up before the end of the day.

EDIT: Or he would be, at any rate, if his spells weren't such a pain in the butt to figure out! ****** knight exemplar!!!

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:30 pm

High Exemplar Kreoss (PL15/225PP)

Abilities (24): Str 16 (+3), Dex 10 (+0), Con 14 (+2), Int 12 (+1), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 16 (+3)

Combat (30): Atk +15, +17 (Spellbreaker); Dam +9 (Spellbreaker), +12 (Cleansing Fire), +6 (Immolation); Def +1 (+0 FF); Init +0

Saves (29): Tough +7; Fort +14; Ref +4; Will +15

Skills (17): Climb 4 (+7), Concentration 8 (+11), Craft (Mechanical) 4 (+5), Intimidate 8 (+11), Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 4 (+5), Knowledge (Tactics) 8 (+9), Knowledge (Theology & Philosophy) 8 (+9), Notice 4 (+7), Perform (Oratory) 4 (+7), Profession (Knight Exemplar) 8 (+11), Sense Motive 8 (+11)

Feats (6): Attack Specialization (Spellbreaker) 1, Benefit: Status (Warcaster and High Exemplar in Protectorate Theocracy), Dodge Focus 1, Power Attack, Takedown Attack 2

Powers (119):
Contact Cortex: Communication 2 (mental; Extra: Area; Flaw: Limited [steamjacks only]; Power Feats: Rapid, Selective)

Enhanced Feat: Minions 10 (Extras: Heroic, Fanatical; Flaw: Limited [warjacks only])

Focus: Variable Power 14 (multiple powers with the divine, magic, and Focus descriptors; Flaw: Limited [to powers listed below]; Power Feat: Dynamic) (70pp)
:arrow: Power Field: Force Field 2 (Extra: Impervious [Layered 2]) (10pp)
:arrow: Boost (any trait) 3 (Extras: Action [Standard -> Free], Alternate Save [Fortitude -> Will], Range [Touch -> Perception]; Flaws: Check Required [Concentration], Limited [self or warjacks within Contact Cortex range only], Limited [fades completely after one round]) (9pp)
:arrow: Extra Attack 1 (Extras: Action [Full -> Free], Unlimited [not required to attack with same weapon/power each time]; Flaw: Check Required (Concentration) (8pp)
:arrow: Extra Attack 1 (Extras: Action [Full -> Free], Affects Others Only-> {Action [Standard -> Reaction], Range [Touch -> Perception]}, Unlimited [not required to attack with same weapon/power each time]; Flaws: Check Required (Concentration), Limited [warjacks within Contact Cortex range only]) (12pp)
:arrow: Anti-Magic Pulse: Nullify 6 (all effects with the magic descriptor; Extras: Action [Standard -> Free], Area [general burst]; Flaws: Check Required [Concentration], Range [Ranged -> Touch]; Power Feats: Area Progression 1) (19pp)
:arrow: Cleansing Fire: Blast 12 (fire; Extras: Action [Standard -> Free], Area [targeted burst] 4; Flaw: Check Required [Concentration]) (40pp)
:arrow: Immolation: Blast 6 (fire; Extras: Action [Standard -> Free]; Flaw: Check Required [Concentration]) (18pp)
:arrow: Lamentation: Nullify 5 (all effects with the Focus descriptor; Extras: Action [Standard -> Free], Area [general burst], Duration [Instant -> Sustained]; Flaws: Check Required [Concentration], Limited [half effect], Range [Ranged -> Touch]; Power Feat: Area Progression 1) (21pp)
:arrow: Protection of Menoth: Force Field 2 Linked to Shield 2 (force; Extras: Affects Others -> {Action [Standard -> Free], Area [general burst], Range [Touch -> Ranged], Selective Attack}; Flaw: Check Required [Concentration]; Power Feats: Area Progression 2) (26pp)
:arrow: Retribution: Boost (Strike 10 [divine, magic; Extras: Aura, Duration (Instant -> Sustained); Flaws: Limited (only activates after being struck), Unreliable 2 (one use)]) 10 (Extras: Action [Standard -> Free], Alternate Save [Fortitude -> Will], Range [Touch -> Perception]; Flaws: Check Required [Concentration], Limited [warjacks within Contact Cortex range only], Limited [fades completely after one round]) (20pp)
:arrow: Ward: Boost Immunity (all effects with magic descriptor) 10 (Extras: Action [Standard -> Free], Alternate Save [Fortitude -> Will], Range [Touch -> Perception]; Flaws: Check Required [Concentration], Limited [warjacks within Contact Cortex range only], Limited [fades completely after one round]) (20pp)

:arrow: DAP: Cleric Spells: Variable Power 14 (any one power with the divine and magic descriptors; Extra: Total Fade; Flaw: Fades)

Menoth's Wrath: Trip 15 (divine, magic; Extras: Action [Standard -> Free], Area [general burst], Selective Attack; Flaws: Check Required [Concentration], Limited [only affects targets in contact with the ground], Range [Ranged -> Touch], Tiring, Unreliable 2 [one use only]; Power Feat: Improved Trip)

Spellbreaker: Device (easy to lose) 4
:arrow: Spellbreak: Strike 6 (blessed, mechanikal, bludgeoning; Power Feats: Extended Reach 1, Mighty) Linked to Nullify 4 (all effects with the magic descriptor; Extra: No Saving Throw; Flaw: Range [Ranged -> Touch])

Exemplar Armor: Device (hard to lose) 1
:arrow: Protection 5 (mechanikal)

Complications: Enemy (Cygnar, Cryx, Khador), Hatred (heretics), Responsibility (serve the Protectorate of Menoth), Temper

Abilities 24 + Combat 30 + Saves 29 + Skills 17 + Feats 6 + Powers 119 = 225

Tradeoffs: Offensive PL 16, Defensive PL 14; Varies

:arrow: High Exemplar Mikael Kreoss is a distinguished Protectorate warcaster and one of the highest-ranking members of the Order of the Knights Exemplar. In battle he stands at the forefront of the Menite forces, seeking out opposing warcasters, rendering their heretical magics useless with his array of powerful counterspells, and battering them into submission with his mechanikal flail, Spellbreaker.

:arrow: Kreoss is essentially a Knight Templar and serves a government that's essentially the Spanish Inquisition, so it should come as little surprise that he hates other spellcasters with a firey, burning passion. To this end, Kreoss has a LOT of abilities that can make life difficult for an opposing warcaster (or any opposing magic-user, for that matter): he can make his own 'jacks immune to magical assault, cut the effectiveness of an opponent's Focus powers in half, or switch off any pesky magical buffs or continuous-effect spells that an enemy caster might throw around. Furthermore, Kreoss's Spellbreaker automatically nullifies any magical effects with a rank of four or lower when it hits its target; when you take into account that most of a warcaster's defensive ability comes from rank 3 Boosts and stacked rank 2 Force Fields, Kreoss becomes a very scary opponent indeed. (Remember, powers from different sources stack, so if a caster has more than 20pp worth of Focus in his Power Field at the moment, Kreoss can't knock it down automatically; he has to Nullify it the old-fashioned way, and the enemy gets an opposed power check or Will save to resist.) Kreoss is no slouch at range either, possessing the most devastating magic ranged attack I've given a warcaster to date; his powers also let him boost his allies' Defense and Toughness, exact harsh vengeance on anyone who strikes one of his warjacks in melee, or simply knock down every opponent in a 75-foot radius, making them easy pickings for the rest of his troops. If Kreoss has a weakness, it may be that he's a little too effective when it comes to stopping magic; many of his anti-magic abilities are unable to distinguish between friend and foe, and consequently Kreoss runs the risk of reducing his own side's effectiveness as much as the enemy's.

:arrow: I'm assuming Kreoss was a cleric before becoming a warcaster, and consequently he has a second Variable Power dynamically arrayed off his Focus to represent the divine magic he can wield as a devoted servant of Menoth. Like Haley's arrayed Variable Power, Kreoss's will eventually run out of juice if he casts too many spells, causing him to lose access to both his divine magic and his Focus; this isn't terribly likely to happen, as it would require Kreoss to cast a new spell every round for fifty-six rounds, but the possibility is there.

:arrow: This build was a pain in the butt to put together, and I'm not sure I'm happy with it yet. I may have to come back and play with it again later.

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:19 am

Deathripper (PL9/MR7/98PP)

Size (0): Medium

Abilities (-3): Str 20 (+5), Dex 18 (+4), Con -- (N/A), Int 8 (-1), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 1 (-5)

Combat (20): Atk +10; Dam +10 (mandible); Def +4 (+0 FF); Init +4

Saves (20): Tough +12 (Impervious 5), Fort N/A, Ref +8, Will +4

Feats (6): Benefit 1 (fighting space 10ft x 10ft), Dodge Focus 4, Fearless

Powers (60):
Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects)
Immunity 10 (Fire and electricity damage; Flaw: Limited [half effect])
Speed 1 (base land speed 35ft)

Impervious Toughness 5

Arc Node: Enhanced Feats 2: Ricochet, Improved Range (mechanikal, Focus; Extras: Affects Others Only, Action [Standard -> Reaction], Range [Touch -> Perception]; Flaw: Limited [warcasters within Contact Cortex range only])

Mandible: Strike 5 (slashing; Power Feats: Improved Grab, Mighty)

Drawbacks (-5): Disability: Mute (Uncommon, Minor), Disability: No Hands (Common, Major)

Size 0 + Abilities -3 + Combat 20 + Saves 20 + Feats 6 + Powers 60 + Drawbacks -5 = 98

Tradeoffs: Offensive PL 10, Defensive PL 8; -4 Def / +4 Tough

:arrow: Bonejacks are small, simple constructs churned out in great numbers by the necrotech forges of Cryx, and are the most numerous type of 'jack in Lord Toruk's forces. Of these, the Deathripper is the simplest, little more than an armored boiler with legs and jaws. Like all bonejacks, Deathrippers are fairly fragile; however, what they lack in resilience they make up in numbers and ferocity, and a pack of Deathrippers is capable of taking down much larger 'jacks.

:arrow: Compared to other warjacks, bonejacks are tiny; they're only Medium-sized, despite taking up the same space as a Large character (kind of like trollkin). Among other things, this means that bonejacks like the Deathripper have a shorter reach in combat and don't grapple as well as their larger cousins. On the other hand, not having to pay for their Size means that bonejacks are a full Minion Rank lower than most light warjacks; as a result, a Cryx general can field roughly twice as many bonejacks as his opponent can field light warjacks, as anyone who's played WARMACHINE can attest to. For many Cryx warcasters, however, he main reason for taking all those bonejacks isn't to make up for their lack of combat prowess -- it's to get their hands on all those arc nodes. Every single bonejack has an arc node built into it, and a Cryx 'caster with a bunch of bonejacks under his command will find his magical threat range greatly increased.

:arrow: In combat, Deathrippers fight like wild dogs: they run down a target with their superior speed, sink their teeth in, grab on, and keep biting until the target stops moving. This is one of the reasons it's good to run them in packs. Because they're only Medium-sized, upwards of eight Deathrippers can attempt to grapple a single warjack or warbeast, which is more than enough to pin the target down while the rest of the Deathrippers tear it a new one. Furthermore, because most of my IK builds have high Attack bonuses, the Deathrippers' increased Defense is unlikely to help them as much as their lower Toughness will hurt them; thus, having a whole pack of them will help prevent enemies from ganging up on one and tearing it to shreds.

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:24 am

Defiler (PL9/MR8/120PP)

Size (0): Medium

Abilities (-3): Str 20 (+5), Dex 18 (+4), Con -- (N/A), Int 8 (-1), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 1 (-5)

Combat (20): Atk +10; Dam +10 (sludge cannon); Def +4 (+0 FF); Init +4

Saves (20): Tough +12 (Impervious 5), Fort N/A, Ref +8, Will +4

Feats (6): Benefit 1 (fighting space 10ft x 10ft), Dodge Focus 4, Fearless

Powers (82):
Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects)
Immunity 10 (Fire and electricity damage; Flaw: Limited [half effect])
Speed 1 (base land speed 35ft)

Impervious Toughness 5

Arc Node: Enhanced Feats 2: Ricochet, Improved Range (mechanikal, Focus; Extras: Affects Others Only, Action [Standard -> Reaction], Range [Touch -> Perception]; Flaw: Limited [warcasters within Contact Cortex range only])

Sludge Cannon: Blast 10 (acidic sludge; Extra: Secondary Effect; Drawback: Reduced Range 1)

Drawbacks (-5): Disability: Mute (Uncommon, Minor), Disability: No Hands (Common, Major)

Size 0 + Abilities -3 + Combat 20 + Saves 20 + Feats 6 + Powers 82 + Drawbacks -5 = 120

Tradeoffs: Offensive PL 10, Defensive PL 8; -4 Def / +4 Tough

:arrow: The Defiler is built on the same basic chassis as the Deathripper, but rather than a set of reinforced jaws, the Defiler mounts a high-pressure nozzle capable of unleashing a torrent of corrosive sludge. In combat the Defiler serves as close-range fire support, literally melting the opposition before it as its allies close in for the kill.

:arrow: The Defiler is essentially the Deathripper's nastier twin brother. It's capable of matching the Deathripper's damage output point-for-point, and because its attack covers the target in acid, it deals that damage AGAIN a few seconds later. Furthermore, it's capable of dealing out this punishment at range, whereas the Deathripper has to get in close to lay down the hurt. Really, the only thing the Deathripper has over the Defiler -- aside from a proper melee attack -- is numbers; its added combat effectiveness makes the Defiler a lot more expensive than the Deathripper, and bumps its Minion Rank up by one.

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:41 am

"We all thought our way of life was embraced. We all believed humanity was valued beyond our borders. We felt safe in our noble regard and just treatment of those outside our realm. We were wrong."

Commander Coleman Stryker (PL15/225PP)

:arrow: EDIT 6/27/07: Sometime back, I dropped a point from one of the defensive powers in Coleman's warcaster armor, so that he hits (rather than exceeds) his defensive caps with a full Power Field and Invincible. Now I'm using that point to buy him some Sustained-duration Super-Strength; in the "Haley" story on the Privateer Press website, he basically lifts large portions of a house off someone, which hopefully a Str 21 carrying capacity allows him to do. Also, apparently both Stryker and Haley speak with noticable Cockney accents. :wink:
The Slayer helljack will probably be my next build. After that, I'm not sure; the Cryx casters look like they'll be an even bigger pain in the butt than Kreoss was, and there's not much else I can do until I get my hands on either the IK Character Guide or Monsternomicon again. I'd kind of like to do a playtest fight, so I might borrow some fantasy builds from someone else on the boards and see how they stand up against all these 'jacks and beasties.

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:59 am

Somewhere, near the Khador/Cygnar border . . .

"I must admit, Sir Greenhilt, I fail to see how tracking down the local boogeyman for an ignorant bunch of villagers is going to help us beat Xykon to the next Gate," grumbled Vaarsuvius. The elf, along with three humans, a dwarf, and a halfling, were currently following a winding dirt road deep into the heart of the local forest.

"It doesn't," admitted Roy Greenhilt, pushing another whippy branch back out of his way. "Not directly, at any rate. But the villagers have had a lot of problems with wandering undead recently, and while Xykon isn't the only mad necromancer out there, he's the only one we know has a reason to be passing through this area right now. If we find this 'black demon' the villagers are talking about, we might be able to learn something about where Xykon is."

"Plus, it's a sidequest," added Belkar Bitterleaf, grinning. "And that means more treasure to loot, more monsters to kill, and more XP for everyone!"

"I thought they called them 'power points' here," Elan whispered into Haley Starshine's ear.

"Hush," Haley whispered back. "We're metagaming enough as it is."

Vaarsuvius began to say something else, but the words were cut off by a piercing scream. It had come from further down the road, and by the sound of it, it wasn't very far ahead. "I think we might've just found yer boogeyman, V," said Durkon Thundershield, breaking into a run.

"I think Durkon might be right," said Roy, increasing his own pace to keep up with the dwarf. "Come on!"

The party of adventurers hustled quickly down the road, arriving just in time to see a horrifying sight. A carriage was stopped in the middle of the road, the mangled and twisted bodies of both its horses crumpled in front of it. Standing beside the carriage was a giant, hunched-over monstrosity, easily fifteen feet tall at the shoulder, with clouds of black ash pouring from four large smokestacks on its back. A thick carapace of black armor plates covered the thing's back and shoulders, and two flattened metal skulls with glowing green eyes adorned its shoulderpads. Behind its ribcage-like chest plate was a lit firebox, the live coals inside emitting the same eerie green light as the skulls. In one bloody claw the beast held the squirming, screaming form of the coachman, his arms pinned tightly against his sides by its talons. It turned its horned head towards the adventurers as they approached, and while the expression on its metal faceplate didn't change, they all got the distinct impression it was glaring at them.

"Holy crap!" yelled Belkar in surprise.

"THAT'S the black demon they were talking about?!" gasped Haley.

"It sure seems ta fit the description," Durkon responded, swallowing hard.

"Okay, guys," began Roy. "Our first priority is getting the coachman away from that thing. After that, we'll--."

The monster's chest plate swung open, and with an almost casual gesture, it stuffed the coachman inside. The hatch immediately slammed closed again. The green glow from inside the beast's belly grew stronger, the plumes of smoke belching from its back became thicker and blacker, and the captured man's screams became much louder. The monster now turned to fully face the party, and with a lumbering gait, began to charge towards them.

". . . ah, crap," Roy finally managed, drawing his greatsword. Around him, his companions drew their weapons as well: bows and rapiers, hammers and halfling-sized short swords. Vaarsuvius began to chant arcane words of power.

The beast closed in . . . .

=====

Coming up:

The Order of the Stick

vs.

Deathjack

Predictions? I'm hoping the OotS can take this one. Only Roy, Durkon, and V are capable of harming Deathjack at all, but they can dish out some pretty hefty damage. I'll also be playing DJ as a PL12, not a PL15, so no cheating by bumping his Toughness up to ridiculous levels or anything like that. Still, that Variable Power will give Deathjack a lot of options in combat, and the OotSers will have to be careful not to end up in the Soul Furnace, or they'll end up like that poor coachman.

Many thanks to the wonderful Beleriphon for allowing me to borrow his OotS builds for this fight.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:18 am

This ought to be good. 8)

Go (Oot)Stick!
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Post by marcoasalazarm » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:52 pm

It's a one-sided slaughter and you know it.
Bad guy looks at small pistol by PC. Bad guy makes pistol with fingers.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:34 pm

Geesh. Maybe it's because I'm writing too much, maybe it's because I keep getting distracted, but I've been at this for hours and I'm only just now getting to the end of round 2. Writing stories is hard.

And you know what? Writing stories in which you can't refer to one of the characters using any gender-specific pronoun is even harder. :?