Kreuz Control - DOOM!, Hydra, Azazel, Angel, Juggernaut

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Ares
Hero
Hero

Post by Ares » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:46 pm

tm80401 wrote:on Lieutenant Thunder, how would you anticpate the character to grow?
I'm kind of curious about Kreu's thoughts, but I'll add my two cents.
Would you enhance the existing powers, or try to build in more of the powers of the Freedom League?

I'd probably focus on slowly making him a bit more like Captain Thunder, but rather than make him simply a watered down carbon copy, have his powers come out a little different due to everyone else' influence.

Lt. Thunder would probably focus more on superstrength tricks, as well as develope his own type of electical powers. He'd probably buy Mighty Strike to simulate an electrically amped punch, then Alternate Powering things like creating a Dazzle effect by striking two electically charged fists together, a Stun effect by hitting someone and disrupting their nervous system, etc. He'd be more of a close-in brick as opposed to the brick/blaster combo that Captain Thunder is.

At the same time, I'd want to nod that the other Freedom League's powers are in them, and that he can tap into some of them with effort, just not as much as Capt. Thunder's powers since Thunder used his powers to revivie him. I could see building up faster speed (Johnny Rocket), buying or alternate powering Deflection as Lt. Thunder surrounding his fists with electricity and using it to deflect attacks (Miss Liberty) and Morph (Pseudo) to show he's learned how to better control his other shape.
maybe buy off the Normal ID?
That's a tough one, one I'd only really consider if he eventually got Morph, as thematically, Ryan and Lt. Thunder look very different, as seen below.

I'd want Morph there to at least have a power reason as to why he can quick change between two forms.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:03 pm

well, the idea is that with the focus on powered students at CA in the wake of the Alterniteens, Headmaster Summers hires Roberts as one of the school's teachers, both on commendations for knowing the super-history (a growing educational feild, ironicly first pioneered by retired history prof mark leeds), and how he performed during the G'tach Crisis.
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Liryel
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: 1259

Post by Liryel » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:36 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:Image

Lieutenant Thunder

* snip *
immpunity +9 (life support) (9)

* snip *
Was that a typo? Even if not, that's kind of funny.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:33 pm

tm80401 wrote:on Lieutenant Thunder, how would you anticpate the character to grow?

Would you enhance the existing powers, or try to build in more of the powers of the Freedom League?
well, off hand i'd consider swapping out the shockwave for superbreath, so as to emulate siren's weather control powers

Ares
Hero
Hero

Post by Ares » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:30 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:well, the idea is that with the focus on powered students at CA in the wake of the Alterniteens, Headmaster Summers hires Roberts as one of the school's teachers, both on commendations for knowing the super-history (a growing educational feild, ironicly first pioneered by retired history prof mark leeds), and how he performed during the G'tach Crisis.
Sounds awesome.

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by SCKnight » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:21 pm

So, Kreuz are you going to do the two other horror monsters from Ben 10 (the Alien Mummy and Alien Werewolf)?

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:24 pm

we'll see. right now i'm thinking of stealing Dreaming Psion's thunder and statting various super-folk from the simpsons

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:01 am

Bartman

PL: 7 (105)

abilities: (30)
STR 20 DEX 16 CON 20 INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 14

Combat: (24)
+7 init, +9/7/6 ATK, +9 DEF (+3 dodge, +3 flat-footed)
+5/2 DMG (unarmed/bartarangs)

saves: (8)
TOU +5 FORT +5 REF +6 WILL +5

Skills (13/52)
Acrobatics +6
bluff +8
climb +4
intimidate +6
knowledge: streetwise +6
notice +6
search +4
sense motive +4
stealth +8

feats (28)
all-out attack, assessment, atk focus: melee, atk spec: unarmed, benefit: wealth 3, diehard, dodge 3, elusive target, equipment 3, grappling finesse, improved initiative, improved overrun, improved trip, improved throw, luck 2, move-by action, power attack, startle, takedown attack, taunt, uncanny dodge

power (2)
superstrength +1 (2)

equipment
Bartarangs +2 (feats: improved crit, ricochet, stunning attack, extra: autofire +1) [9]
swingline (slow fall, swinging, wall-crawling) [6]

Tradeoffs
+2 ATK/-2 DMG
+2 DEF/-2 TOU

complications
enemy (Toker, Diddler, Mr. mole, Sugar & spice, Serpent, Sideshow Bob)
hatred (criminals)
responsibility ("avenge our deaths in flamboyant, impractical fashion!")

costs
abilities 30 + combat 24 + saves 8 + skills 13/52 + feats 28 + power 2 = 105 pts

:arrow: from a recent season's THoH, i give you the revised Bartman, who's torn through the springfeild underworld looking for the man that killed his parents.

:arrow: bartman's tactics are pretty simple, hit them hard and fast, then throw them at something lethal (such as a convenient electrical transformer, snake statue or lion pit)

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:33 am

Busman

PL: 7 (105)

abilities: (40)
STR 24 DEX 14 CON 24 INT 10 WIS 12 CHA 16

+6 init, +6 ATK, +6 DEF (+3 flat-footed)
+7 +1 DMG (unarmed + vs vampires)

saves: (11)
TOU +7 FORT +10 REF +5 WILL +6

Skills (17/68)
bluff +6
concentration +6
drive +8
intimidate +8
gather info +8
knowledge: pop culture +8
notice +6
search +6
sense motive +4
survival +8

feats (13)
all-out attack, challenge (one hand on the wheel), critical strike (undead), diehard, equipment 2, favored enemy (undead), fearless, improved initiative, power attack, uncanny dodge, takedown attack, well-informed

equipment
Bus (feature: nitro injectors, off-road) [10]

costs
abilities 40 + combat 24 + saves 11 + skills 17/68 + feats 13 = 105 pts

:arrow: His name is Ot-To, he got a So-Lo... spotlight, that is, when the comic he pitched in the first bartman episode was mad a backup feature in the early issues of the simpsons comic book.

:arrow: Busman, as you can guess, is a hybrid of mad max and Omega Man, sifted through a filter of Heavy Metal. he ferries survivors of World War III across the blasted highways in his bus, while fighting radioactive vampires. not that bad a pitch, actually, so he'd easily fit into any post-apocalyptic setting.
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:54 pm

Captain Squid

PL: 10 (150)

abilities: (30)
STR 30 DEX 16 CON 20 INT 12 WIS 14 CHA 14

+7 init, +10/6 ATK, +10 DEF (+4 dodge, +3 flat-footed)
+10 DMG (unarmed)

saves: (9)
TOU +10 FORT +7 REF +6 WILL +6

Skills (11/44)
acrobatics +6
bluff +6
escape artist +6
intimidate +6
knowledge: earth sciences +6
notice +6
search +6
sense motive +6
swimming +8

feats (20)
all-out attack, ambidexterity, assessment, atk focus: melee 4, chokehold, diehard, dodge 4, environmental adaptaion: underwater, improved grapple, improved grab, improved initiative, improved pin, move-by action, power attack, takedown attack, teamwork

Powers (56)
additional limbs "freakish tentacles" +4 (feats: subtle, split attack) (6)
elongation +4 (flaw: limit-tentacles only -1) (2)
Enhanced STR +16 (16)
immunity +3 (cold, drowning, pressure) (3)
protection +5 (extra: impervious +1) (10)
supermovement +3 (slow all, wall-crawling 2) (6)
supersenses +2 (darkvision) (2)
superstrength +3 (6)
swimming +5 (5)

costs
abilities 30 + combat 24 + saves 9 + skills 11/44 + feats 20 + powers 56 = 150 pts

:arrow: definately someone who could easy pop up in Dreaming_psion's luniverse, Captain Squid is the Bongo Comics equivalent of Aquaman, only instead of talking to fish, CS's draw are the freaksh, squid-like tentacles he has in place of hands, which he considers to be the biggest complication to his unrequited love for lure lass (who loves him despite the tentacles, and just wishes he'd open up to her)

:arrow: strength is at 30 due to evidence suggesting Squid can hold his own against Radioactive man in a breif fight, and with his +33 grapple bonus, that is indeed plausible
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpiderFan!
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by SpiderFan! » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:15 pm

ok I so wanna see more of this stated

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Superpro

Why you ask?, because I love using off color villians

Hell I've had Muslim Cyborg Ninja Zombies in my games before!

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:22 pm

statting superpro was enough, thank you, but, since you want villains, lets talk about a really big bad...

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:28 pm

President Richard Milhouse Nixon
AKA: The Amazing Colossal President

PL: 10 (150)

abilities: (10)
STR 46 DEX 10 CON 26 INT 12 WIS 16 CHA 12

Combat: (32)
+0 init, +2/-4 ATK, +0 DEF (-8 size, +2 dodge, +0 flat-footed)
+18 DMG (unarmed)

saves: (4)
TOU +18/0 FORT +8 REF +2 WILL +5

Skills (22/88)
bluff +10
diplomacy +6
gather info +10
intimidate +8
investigate +6
knowledge: history +8
knowledge: civics +10
notice +4
perform: oratory +10
profession: President +8
sense motive +8

feats (14)
assessment, attack spec: unarmed, benefit: Ex-President 4 (security clearance, status, diplomatic immunity, wealth), contacts, connected, dodge 2, fascinate: oratory, master plan, taunt, well-informed

Powers (76)
growth +16 (feat: continuous +1, flaw: permanent -1) (70)
linked - enhanced STR +6 [6]
linked - protection +10 [10]
immunity +6 (background radiation, radiation damage) (6)

drawbacks (-8)
one eye (-4)
normal identity (full round) (-4)

costs
abilities 10 + combat 32 + saves 4 + skills 22/88 + feats 14 + powers 76 - drawbacks 8 = 150 pts

:arrow: yes, it's the second bongoverse version of Nixon, in this iteration a long-term foe of Radioactive man (and although their feud stretched from the 50's to after nixon was revived as a head, RM was wholly unaware his presidential pal was among his worst enemies). this build reflects an instnce where Nixon became a gigantic atomic mutant

SpiderFan!
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by SpiderFan! » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:35 pm

aww, nixon is cool, I just wanna see whos willing to Redeem that series, I bet if the Roll Call community took NFL superpros chars and made a story we'd could take it back... :)

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:49 pm

Ooh, that a great Nixon! And Captain Squid too, although if I use him I'll need to tone him down a level or two or turn up the volume on Radioactive Man. But then again, R.M.'s due for a revision I think anyway, maybe I should give him an extra power level anyway seeing as he is Zenith's most powerful native hero.
Check out the anime/manga 3e thread
My new Oddballs reborn thread