Nyrath's Librarium: Rei Ayanami, Portia [Drow PC]

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:41 am

STEELHEAD, The Mechanic PL7 - 105pts
Abilities – 28pts
Strength 20 +5
Dexterity 10 +0
Constitution 24 +7
Intelligence 12 +1
Wisdom 12 +1
Charisma 10 +0

Saves – 6pts
Toughness +9 (Impervious)
Fortitude +9
Reflex +2
Will +4

Combat – 24pts
Attack +7
Damage +5 (Unarmed) +7 (BA wrench) +5/6) Shotgun)
Defence 15 (Flatfooted 13)
Initiative +1

Feats – 15pts
All-out Attack
Diehard
Equipment 8
Improved Sunder
Improvised Tools
Inventor
Power Attack
Skill Mastery: Bluff, Craft Mechanical, Drive, Intimidate

Equipment
Club (big-ass wrench)
Shotgun
Anything from Motorcycle to Armoured Car

Skills – 32/4 = 8pts
Bluff 8 (+8)
Craft Mechanical 12 (+13)
Drive 5 (+5)
Intimidate 8 (+8)
Pilot 1 (+1)
Profession: Mechanic 3 (+4)
Sense Motive 3 (+4)

Powers – 39pts
Immovable 7 (Unstoppable [+1 Extra]) – 14pts
Impervious Toughness 7 (Reflective: Melee [+1 Extra]) – 14pts
Protection 2 (Impervious [+1 Extra]) – 4pts
Quickness 3 [x10] (Limited to Craft Mechanical [-2 Flaw]) – 1pt
The Librarium - Careful around the shelves, I still need to get stronger chains for the books. And don't go wandering off on your own either, I still haven't found the last one to do that.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:02 am

The Hindus Patiyodha should come in handy real soon for me; I'm running an adventure in India where they shall be put to good use.
Check out the anime/manga 3e thread
My new Oddballs reborn thread

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:36 am

I've got a few more Indian builds in the works, but I started with the Patiyodha because they've got the greatest useable time-span; ca 4th century BCE to even after 1800.

Next up should be what basically amounts to levy spearmen, after that I'll start throwing a couple of, fairly, obscure soldier types at you.

Oh, and I'm happy to be of service.
The Librarium - Careful around the shelves, I still need to get stronger chains for the books. And don't go wandering off on your own either, I still haven't found the last one to do that.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:42 am

Thanks a lot, I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.
Check out the anime/manga 3e thread
My new Oddballs reborn thread

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:53 am

The more I look at the way my Historical builds are turning out the more I realise I need to set up an armoury of some kind that allows me to somewhat better portray the differences of weapon, shield, and armour styles. Well, that'll come up later as well.

"All across the lands of the East the tribes of the Hindus have spread themselves, teaming across a region larger even then the empire of the conqueror Alexandros himself. Despite their far-flung habitation, the practice of war was much the same among most of them. These Hindus Pattisainya are a fine brigade of lightly armed spearmen drawn from a number of tribes like the Gandharas and those that the Hellenes called the Aspasios, or even the Yaudheya beyond the Hindus itself. Their tribal differences occassionally spring up, but by and large they are united by their common religion - mostly some form of Buddhism, but often enough they can find accomodations with their own local or shared gods. Though armed only with a light shield and a bamboo spear, they are well suited to combat in a number of regions, and are incredibly useful auxiliaries.

Historically, the infantry employed by Hindus kings like Ambhi, the two Purushotthama kings of Kekeya (the two Paurava kings), or even the far off dynasts of the Audumbaras and Yaudheyas, was dominated by light armed levies like these. Particularly among the former peoples in Gandhara and farther North among the Southern Kambojas, where class restrictions on warfare were more relaxed, and peasant levies more prevelant. They fought valiantly for their kings when men like Megas Alexandros brought his campaign to the banks of the Hindus, and even more so in their own ancient epics of battle and spiritual awakening. Later on, they fought for Alexandros himself in contingents provided by his vassals, and at various times in the armies of Indo-Greek kings like Menandros and Antialkidas. In these later times, they were a huge and formidable component of Indo-Hellenic armies, but had more restricted or varied origins. Under Menandros, they were probably heavily drawn from the Madras, Sibis, Kekeyas, and other Gandhara peoples - though local levies from among the Yaudheyas, Audumbaras, and other Buddhist peoples of his massive empire - while the armies of Zoilos or Lysias probably included more peoples of the West-Central Hindus region. Later, under the Saka, they probably served mostly as light garrison or support troops for their countrymen in the archer corps or the King's Hellenic infantry."

Hindus Pattisaiya “Indian Spearmen” PL 5 – 45pts Minion 3
ImageImage
Abilities – 12pts
Strength 14 +3
Dexterity 12 +1
Constitution 14 +2
Intelligence 10 +0
Wisdom 12 +1
Charisma 10 +0

Saves – 6pts
Toughness +3 (+2 Flatfooted)
Fortitude +5
Reflex +3
Will +2/+6

Combat – 12pts
Attack +4 (Melee) +2 (Ranged)
Damage +5 (Spear) +3 (Knife)
Defence +6/+4 (+2 flatfooted)
Grapple +7
Initiative +1

Feats – 8pts
Attack Focus Melee 2
Dedicated
Defensive Roll
Endurance
Equipment 3

Equipment – 13ep
Spear [Strike 3, Mighty, Improved Critical, Extended Reach (10ft)]
Knife [Strike 1, Mighty, Improved Critical]
Shield [Dodge bonus +2, Deflect (Slow missiles) 2]

Skills 28/4=7pts
Climb 2 (+5)
Intimidate 2 (+2)
Notice 4 (+5)
Stealth 4 (+5)
Survival 2 (+3)
Swim 2 (+5)
8 more skill points to spend on life-skills

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:22 pm

Updated my Hellenic Hoplite with more info and a bit more images showing a bit more diversity.

Same for my Peltastai and Thrakioi Peltastai though they also got a slightly updated shields and weapons.

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:33 am

Hardly the most well-known empire in history but the Indo-Hellenics managed to both conquer and rule a substantial portion of northern India and were responsible for introducing more than just a little of the iconic Buddhism most of us know. That said, here's the first of a couple of soldiers from their area of influence.

"Hoplitai Indoi are the lightest component of the regular Indo-Greek phalanx line, equipped with fairly light linothrax and ptyrges, and an equally light helm, though a heavy thuroes and bronze greaves afford them substantially greater defensive coverage then the traditional hoplitai of distant Hellas. They are arrayed in a traditional, non-Makedonian phalanx to prevent a need for more regular drilling and equipped with a thuroes to compensate for the lesser defensive value inherint in this lighter formation. In Baktrian and Saka armies, they are best used to support the more expert and elite linesman around them, the Pezhetairoi Indoi and Hoplitai Indoi Beltistoi in the case of the burgeoning Baktrian empire and the Hoplitai Hellenikoi and Agema Hellenikon in the case of the Philhellenic Saka Kingdom.

Historically, when the Baktrian Kingdom began its fairly rapid conquest of Northern India, they transplanted a large number of Iranians - Bahlikas and Kambojas in the native tongues - with them, serving variously as lower-order administrators or yoemen in their armies, immigrants, or in their massive auxilliary corps. These men, now settled in India and affected by both the native and conquorer's culture, along with partially Hellenized local Indians and the part-Indian children of Hellenic families, formed the bulk of this varied local levy. After the conversion of the Baktrian King Menander to Buddhism, as reported in various later Buddhist texts, they likely evolved into the bulk of his successors' light linemen - particularly his own locally supported dynasty, as represented by his son Strato and both their various namesakes. Other dynasties, like that of Zoilos centered in Arachosia or that of Antialkidas at Taxila also utilized such forces, though the former's ranks probably held more soldiers of Iranian extraction and the latter of loyal dharmayavanas (Hellenized Indiands). In the time of Hellenic rule, they had a fairly limited role and their position in Baktrian armies reflects this, but under the Saka, such men were a major component of their well-trained local regulars, second in the region only to the Agema Hellenikon."

Hoplitai Indohellenikoi (Indo-Hellenic Medium Infantry) PL 6
– 43pts Minion 3
Image Image Image
Abilities – 12pts
Strength 14 +2
Dexterity 12 +1
Constitution 14 +2
Intelligence 10 +0
Wisdom 12 +1
Charisma 10 +0

Saves – 6pts
Toughness +5/+2
Fortitude +5
Reflex +2
Will +3/+7

Combat – 12pts
Attack +5 (Melee) +2 (Ranged)
Damage +5 (Spear) +3 (Knife)
Defence +6/+4 (+2 flatfooted)
Grapple +7
Initiative +1

Feats – 9pts
Attack Focus Melee 3
Dedicated
Endurance
Equipment 4

Equipment – 19ep
Spear [Strike 3, Mighty, Improved Critical, Extended Reach (10ft)]
Thuroes Shield [Dodge bonus +2, Deflect (Slow missiles) 3]
Linothorax [Protection 3]

Skills 24/4=6pts
Climb 2 (+5)
Intimidate 2 (+2)
Notice 4 (+5)
Survival 2 (+3)
Swim 2 (+5)

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:08 am

"Many Iranian peoples inhabit the hills and mountains around Central Asia. As the nomads advance into these lands, they often avail themselves to these tough hillmen who can operate in lands that even a steppe pony may have difficulty. Armed with javelins and an axe, and armored only by a small buckler, these soldiers, like most Eastern infantry can not hope to survive in a fight against either settled infantry or nomadic cavalry. Even so, they can do heavy damage against unwary opponents, and are far more manuevarable than armor-laden heavy infantry. Willing to fight for most people who control their lands in return for money and booty, they can help the often infantry-challenged nomads even the odds in more conventional battles as well as sieges.

Historically, Baktrian hillmen or at least soldiers like them have been around in the same lands for many years, serving the Persians and now the Greeks. From the earliest states to emerge in Central Asia to the recent establishments of Hellenic kingdoms, troops like these have often been levied for support infantry duty or just to fill the ranks of the army with greater numbers."

Kavakaza Kofyaren (Baktrian Light Infantry) PL 5 – 45pts Minion 3
Image Image
Abilities – 13pts
Strength 14 +2
Dexterity 13 +1
Constitution 14 +2
Intelligence 10 +0
Wisdom 12 +1
Charisma 10 +0

Saves – 6pts
Toughness +3 (+2 Flatfooted)
Fortitude +4
Reflex +3
Will +3

Combat – 12pts
Attack +4 [Ranged) +3 (Melee)
Damage +5 (Javelin) +5 (Axe) +3 (Knife)
Defence +5/+3 (+2 flatfooted)
Grapple +5
Initiative +1

Feats – 7pts
Attack Focus Ranged 1
Defensive Roll
Dodge Focus
Endurance
Equipment 4

Equipment - 17
Javelin [Blast 3, Mighty, Improved Critical]
Axe [Strike 3, Mighty]
Small Shield [Dodge bonus +1, Deflect (Slow missiles) 1]

Skills 28/4=7pts
Climb 2 (+5)
Intimidate 2 (+2)
Notice 4 (+5)
Stealth 4 (+5)
Survival 2 (+3)
Swim 2 (+5)

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:36 am

I like the historical soldiers; always good to have more of those about.

I was also tickled at seeing the Angry Marines. Any chance of seeing more /tg/ Wh40k silliness?
Iron Kingdoms Conversions

Full-Metal Fantasy in Mutants & Masterminds 2E

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:57 am

Well, once I finish a couple of Ork builds so I have a base to work on expect to see the Ork Rocker come up. And I'll likely do any other's I'm pointed in the direction of.

As for why the Ork Rocker is likely to come soon, why, just look at him.

Geraturatu
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Geraturatu » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:01 am

:shock:

ColourDeaf
Bystander
Bystander

Post by ColourDeaf » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:30 am

WOO! GOTH ROKKERZ! AKKA/DAKKA AND METALORKA FOREVA!

WAAAAAAAAAAGH!

::Ahem:: Good work here!

Geraturatu
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Geraturatu » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:34 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Servitor_2152
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Servitor_2152 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:25 am

Nyrath wrote:Well, once I finish a couple of Ork builds so I have a base to work on expect to see the Ork Rocker come up. And I'll likely do any other's I'm pointed in the direction of.
Well, since we have Angry Marines, the natural follow-up is some Pretty Marines for them to wale on. And I'd kind of like to see LIIVI and Taldeer.

As for the rest, well . . . most of them probably aren't appropriate for a family-oriented forum. :wink:
Iron Kingdoms Conversions

Full-Metal Fantasy in Mutants & Masterminds 2E

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:43 am

Daijuji Kuruo, Magi of the Necromnicon PL 10 – 216pts 217pts
Image Image
“Why did this happen?”
“Destiny.”
“Don’t wrap it up in one little word!”

Abilities – 20pts
Strength 20/14 +5/+2
Dexterity 12 +1
Constitution 18/14 +4/+2
Intelligence 12 +1
Wisdom 14 +2
Charisma 14 +2

Saves – 21pts
Toughness +12*/+4/+2 (*8 impervious)
Fortitude +10
Reflex +6
Will +10

Combat – 36pts
Attack +10
Damage +10 (Most powers) +8 (TK) +5 (Magi Unarmed) +2 (Normal Unarmed)
Defence +8
Grapple +15/+12
Initiative +1

Feats – 50pts 51pts
Accurate Attack
All-out Attack
Beginner’s Luck
Defensive Attack
Luck 2
Power Attack
Sidekick 43 44

Skills 72/4=18pts
Climb 4 (+6)
Concentration 8 (+10)
Drive 5 (+6)
Gather Information 6 (+8)
Intimidate 2 (+4)
Investigate 6 (+7)
Knowledge: Arcane Lore 7/15 (+8/+16)
Knowledge: Current Events 2 (+3)
Knowledge: Streetwise 2 (+3)
Medicine 2 (+4)
Notice 8 (+10)
Profession: Detective 2 (+4)
Search 6 (+7)
Sense Motive 8 (+10)
Swim 4 (+6)

Powers – 77pts
Magi Knowledge: Container 1 – 5pts
--Enhance Skill: Arcane Lore 8
--Enhance Feat: Artificer
--Enhance Feat: Fearless
--Enhance Feat: Ritualist

Forcefield 8 (Impervious [+1 Extra]) – 16pts
Flight 4 – 8pts
Body of the Magi: Container 2 – 10pts
--Enhanced Strength 6
--Enhance Constitution 4
Magi Power – 47pts
--The Triangle (Corrosion 10, Autofire [+3 Extra], Penetrating [+1 Extra], Requires Arcane Lore check [-1 Flaw], Side Effect: Stun 10 (on failed check or attack roll) [-1 Flaw], Fatigue [-1 Flaw], Incurable)
--AP Magi Shield (Deflect 3rd Grade 8, Precise, Reflection [+1 Extra])
--AP The Scimitar (Blast 10, Autofire [+1 Extra], Homing 10 [1000 extra attempts], Requires Arcane Lore Check [-1 Flaw])
--AP Nova (Fire Blast 10, Explosion [+1 Extra], Touch Range [-1 Flaw], Knock-back 5)
--AP Telekinesis 8 (Damaging [+1 Extra], Perception Range [+1 Extra])
--AP Primal Fury of the Elements (Fire and Ice) (Disintegrate 10, Autofire [+3 Extra], Penetrating [+1 Extra], Full-round Action [-1 Flaw], Side Effect: Strike 10 [-2 Flaw], Fatigue [-1 Flaw])

Drawbacks – -7pts
--Power Loss: All if Al Azif is reduced to Dying or Dead (Uncommon) – -6pts
--Noticeable: Body of the Magi – -1pt

Al Azif – The Necromnicon PL 10 – 215pts ]217pts
Abilities – 22pts
Strength 10 +0
Dexterity 16 +3
Constitution 10 +0
Intelligence 18 +4
Wisdom 18 +4
Charisma 10 +0

Saves – 15pts
Toughness +8 (Impervious)
Fortitude – Immune
Reflex +8
Will +14

Combat – 24pts
Attack +4/+8
Damage +0 (Unarmed)
Defence +8/+12 (+4/+8 flatfooted)
Grapple +4/-8
Initiative +3

Feats – 3pts
Attractive
Beginner’s Luck
Ultimate Insight: Arcane Lore

Skills 88/4=22pts
Bluff 8 (+8/+12)
Concentration 8 (+12)
Diplomacy 8 (+8/+12)
Intimidate 12 (+12/+6)
Knowledge: Arcane Lore 15 (+19)
Notice 8 (+12)
Search 8 (+12)
Sense Motive 8 (+12)
Stealth 4 (+7/+19)
Survival 2 (+6)
Swim 7 (+7)

Powers – 130pts 132pts
Immunity 31: Fortitude Effects, Her Magi’s damaging powers – 31pts
Flight 5 (Linked: Shrinking) – 10pts
Protection 8 (Impervious) – 16pts
Regeneration 23 (Bruised 1, Unconscious 3, Injured 4, Staggered 3, Disabled 2, Ability 8, Recovery bonus +2, Persistent, Regrowth) – 25pts
Resurrection 2 – 2pts
Shrinking 12 (Normal Abilities [+3 Extra]) – 48pts

Drawbacks – -1pt
--Full Power: Shrinking – -1pt

Tactics: Even without Demonbane this pair is highly dangerous. Kuruo's got a fair deal of highly dangerous magic based attacks to play with, and a few of them can deal with basically any foe they can hit. Dealing with most kinds of minion class foes isn't hard for them, for a magic-wielder Kuruo can even make a fairly credible brawler without having to resort to stunting additional powers. And even against most foes in their own PL they won't actually need to break out the big guns, but when they do it's almost a question whether anyone(apart from Al) is going to walk away.

Build Notes: Well, I'm honestly surprised I managed to keep this pair within PL 10. Of course, it was hardly a question of sticking to the points budget after I realised just how bloody expensive Al Azif would end up even if stripped to bare bones, and after a quick look at what Kuruo actually does manage to pull of I realised they'd hardly be appropriate as PCs (or rather a single one plus sidekick since it's be pretty hard to rationalise the sidekick part away) in anything resembling a normal points campaign.
While the pair here might seem to be monstrously powerful it should be noted that they at best cling to something like the tenth or twelth rung in the power hierarchy in their own _verse, and given that it draws heavily on the Cuthulu mythos that's understandable.
And by the way, a couple of the Magi Powers need to have their names properly adjusted, and I might have missed one or two, but it's been a while since I saw the Anime. Once I get 'round to it I'll fix the names.