Nyrath's Librarium: Rei Ayanami, Portia [Drow PC]

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:46 am

Of course I took a look at the white text!

It contained secrets. . . 8)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:18 am

Alisa von Eaicher PL 8/11 – 223pts
Abilities – 35pts
Strength 14 +2
Dexterity 17 +3
Constitution 16 +3
Intelligence 16 +3
Wisdom 17 +3
Charisma 15 +5

Saves – 10pts
Toughness +7*/+4 (+6*/+3 Flatfooted) (Absorption 6 (Magic/Mystical) (*Undercover Vest)
Fortitude +5
Reflex +6
Will +8

Combat – 24pts
Attack +8 (Melee) +6 (Ranged)
Damage +2 (Unarmed) +5 (Sword) +10 (Blast) +6 (Get Away From Me!) +4 Heavy Pistol
Defence +6 (+3 Flatfooted)
Grapple +8
Initiative +3

Feats – 35pts
Accurate Attack
All-out Attack
Animal Empathy
Attractive
Attack Focus Melee 2
Benefit: Wealth 6 (+28, she’s able to tap into her adoptive father’s fortune a fair bit)
Connected
Equipment 10
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll
Improved Block
Luck
Power Attack
Second Chance 4: Toughness, Fortitude, Reflex, Will saves against Magic/Mysticism
Track
Trance
Weapon Bind

Equipment 17/50ep
Sword [Strike 3, Mighty, Improved Critical]
Heavy Pistol [Blast 4]
Undercover Vest [Protection 3, Subtle]
[Basically she can get to use anything that would be present in the Von Eaicher Mansion, which is a fair bit of stuff]

Skills 208/4=52pts
Acrobatics 8 (+11)
Bluff 6 (+8/+12)
Climb 4 (+6)
Computers 6 (+9)
Concentration 8 (+11)
Diplomacy 6 (+8/+12)
Disable Device 2 (+5)
Disguise 4 (+6)
Gather Information 6 (+8)
Handle Animal 8 (+10)
Intimidate 6 (+8)
Knowledge: Arcane Lore 6 (+9)
Knowledge: Business 4 (+7)
Knowledge: Civics 4 (+7)
Knowledge: Current Events 6 (+9)
Knowledge: Earth Sciences 4 (+7)
Knowledge: History 8 (+11)
Knowledge: Life Sciences 4 (+7)
Knowledge: Physical Sciences 4 (+7)
Knowledge: Popular Culture 6 (+9)
Knowledge: Streetwise 4 (+7)
Knowledge: Tactics 2 (+5)
Knowledge: Technology 6 (+9)
Knowledge: Theology and Philosophy 2 (+5)
Language 9: Austrian, Magyar, Russian, German, French, Italian, Yiddish, Hebrew, Romani (Base: English)
Medicine 3 (+6)
Notice 8 (+11)
Perform: Dance 4 (+6)
Perform: Singing 6 (+8)
Perform: Stringed Instruments 3 (+5)
Perform: Wind Instruments 3 (+5)
Ride 8 (+11)
Search 8 (+11)
Sense Motive 8 (+11)
Stealth 6 (+9)
Survival 8 (+11)
Swim 6 (+8)

Powers – 83pts
Absorption 6 [Boost: Magic] (Both Types [+1 Extra], Energy Storage [+1 Extra], Power Magnet [+1 Extra], Limited: Magic/Mystical [-2 Flaw], Energy Conversion, Slow Fade 5 [One Hour]) – 36pts
Magic 10 – 28pts
--Mystic Blast 10
--AP Mystic Blast 10 (Line Area [+1 Extra], Distracting [-1 Flaw])
--AP Mystic Blast 10 (Cone Area [+1 Extra], Distracting [-1 Flaw])
--AP Get Away From Me! 10 (Touch Range Burst Damage 6, Knock-Back 8)
--AP Dazzle 10 [Visual]
--AP Invigorate 10 (Emotion Control: Hope 9, Touch Range [-2 Flaw] + Boost: All Ability Scores 4, Others Only [-1 Flaw], Subtle, Slow Fade 2 [1 minute] + Healing 3, Standard Action [+1 Extra], Others Only [-1 Flaw])
--AP Rejuvenate Others 5 (Healing 5, Others Only [-1 Flaw], Perception Range [+2 Extra], Restoration [+1 Extra])
--AP Knit and Mend 10 (Healing 10, Perception Range [+2 Extra], Limited to Lethal [-1 Flaw], Others Only [-1 Flaw], Distracting [-1 Flaw], Total [+1 Extra])
--AP Refresh 6 (Healing 6, Perception Range [+2 Extra], Non-lethal Only [-1 Flaw], Persistent)
Emotion Control 4 (Limited to Love [-1 Flaw], Reaction: Constantly [+3 Extra], Continuous Duration [+1 Extra], Touch Range [-2 Flaw], Perception Area [+2 Extra], Subtle 2) – 22pts
Super-Senses 7: Radius Ranged Extended 2 Mental, Magic/Mystical Awareness: Mental, Detect Magic/Mystical: Mental – 7pts

Tactics: As should be apparent Alisa isn’t meant to take on folks up close; even most minions can be a threat to her at that range. But at range, and particularly against another magic based combatant, she packs quite a credible punch. As a second-liner and support figure she’s at her best; being able to heal allies and bombard foes with someone in front to take most of the blows. With her low defence capabilities and healing herself limited to non-lethal she lacks a bit of staying power which when combined with her as yet comparative lack of experience keeps her out of the big league. Still with her being able to pound away with force greater than Superman when in a magic-rich environment she shouldn’t be underestimated.

Build Notes: Alisa started out as fairly vague concept with her name and Emotion Control being the first, but she pretty quickly fleshed herself out in my mind both in terms of mechanics and personality as well as her place in the current story.
She’s kitted out as a support character in most circumstances with her various Healing variations being basically the most sophisticated use she has for her natural Magic capacity, her Mystic Blasts are basically her throwing around raw power.
Her fairly varied, if non-impressive, skills and her big reservoir of equipment points helps her as a supporting handy-man. And if it comes to it she can tap into her connections or wealth to get more qualified help, such as her father or one of his old friends.
Her Emotion Control is pretty nifty, basically anyone is going to have to keep making Will Saves as long as they can perceive her which means most folks will end up at least liking her. She doesn’t really have any control over it though, nor is anyone able to figure out quite how or why they come to like her. Most put it down to her simply being supremely likeable.
Another power she's got which I like how it turned out is her Invigorate.
The Librarium - Careful around the shelves, I still need to get stronger chains for the books. And don't go wandering off on your own either, I still haven't found the last one to do that.

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:13 pm

He had laid down the battered Batman on a rooftop about a block from where they’d fought, after picking up everything he could find which would leave a clue as to their identities. It wouldn’t do to have a batarang tie the Bat to a veritable massacre in these times, nor would he want to leave those combat knifes behind with their silvered blades. At that last thought he felt a slight stab of pain from his left arm; right where one of those blades had cut him. Well, it couldn’t be worse than what it would feel like if he had been “normal” so he just had to grin and bear it until he got the chance to properly treat it.

Staying for a little while making sure that his opponent woke up undisturbed he took a moment to pen a note to leave before the unconscious form next to him woke up. The note was in Latin, might as well give the detective a little to think about after all. Note finished he sat for a few moments pondering where to go/ what to do next, perhaps he should take the opportunity to find out just who the legendary Batman was under the mask? No, that would not be right. As he sat there a voice suddenly roused him from his reverie, but judging from what the voice was saying it was not its intent.

“Batman, Nightwing and Huntress found our killer.”
--A pause, waiting for a response. Gloved hands start to carefully look for the commlink controls in the hood.--
“Batman do you copy?”
--Another pause, the controls and mike are found just as the voice resumes.--
“Look, if you can’t talk at the moment just send a bleep.”
“Bleep. Batman is unable to respond properly at the moment, would you like for me to relay the message? Or perhaps you would like to have me drop him off somewhere so you can pick him up? Then again I am certain you can trace this and simply come for him where he is. Well?”
--Silence, nothing audible being said, no click from a turned-off transmitter, nothing.--
“From your silence I assume you will come and fetch him yourself, in which case I wish you a good night and speedy recovery for our friend who’s equipment I have borrowed the use of for a few minutes.”

--A swift tidying up process and departure. Whoever came to pick the Bat up would find every batarang used that night lying in a neat little pile to the right of his body and a folded note written in Latin tucked into his belt.--

Hmm, should he even try to accomplish more this evening or should he retire in order to study the spoils won in battle? Well, he’d take a leaf out of the book of the one he fought this night and let fear do its work. He was certain he’d left no definite trace of who he was to the scums’ surviving allies, and the notes needed to be checked before tomorrow anyway.

((Another little bit added to the story. And I'm surprised at how this turned out, I started out working up to a flashback and ended up with a what might pass for a chat between Oracle and Péter. Funny how it works sometimes...)
The Librarium - Careful around the shelves, I still need to get stronger chains for the books. And don't go wandering off on your own either, I still haven't found the last one to do that.

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:50 am

Sebastian “Vinnie” Armanno PL 8 – 150pts
Abilities – 24pts
Strength 16 +3
Dexterity 14 +2
Constitution 15 +2
Intelligence 13 +1
Wisdom 14 +2
Charisma 12 +1

Saves – 17pts
Toughness +6 (+4 Flatfooted)
Fortitude +7
Reflex +8
Will +8

Combat – 38pts
Attack +9
Damage +6 (Sword/ Thrown Knife) +4 (Knife/Heavy Pistol) +3 (Unarmed/Light Pistol)
Defence +10
Grapple +12
Initiative +6

Feats – 31pts
Accurate Attack
Acrobatic Feint
All-out Attack
Ambidexterity
Assessment
Chokehold
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 2
Endurance
Equipment 4
Improved Aim
Improved Critical: Knife
Improved Initiative
Improved Pin
Interpose
Power Attack
Precise Shot
Quick Draw [Draw]
Startle
Takedown Attack
Taunt
Teamwork
Throwing Mastery 2
Tough 2
Track

Equipment
Sword
Knife
Heavy Pistol
--Light Pistol

Skills 160/4=40pts
Acrobatics 8 (+10)
Bluff 8 (+9)
Climb 4 (+7)
Concentration 4 (+6)
Craft: Electronic 8 (+9)
Craft: Mechanical 8 (+9)
Craft: Structural 8 (+9)
Diplomacy 4 (+5)
Disable Device 8 (+9)
Disguise 8 (+9)
Gather Information 8 (+9)
Handle Animal 8 (+9)
Intimidate 12 (+13)
Languages 4: English, French, Magyar, Yiddish (Base: Italian)
Medicine 4 (+6)
Notice 8 (+10)
Ride 6 (+8)
Search 8 (+9)
Sense Motive 10 (+12)
Sleight of Hand 8 (+10)
Stealth 8 (+10)
Survival 4 (+6)
Swim 4 (+7)

Tactics:
Sebastian isn’t really anything special when it comes to fighting, discounting his scary level of proficiency with how to turn everyday objects into potentially lethal projectiles. He’s good and all that with a couple of ways to feint his foes and he might last a while against even superhuman foes thanks to his potentially high defence, but in the end he’s just a skilled human with a fair bit of experience behind him.

Build Notes:
Sebastian here started out as just a last name and the tid-bit that he used to work for the mob, and that was about a year ago. I finally went to it and fleshed him out stat-wise seeing how he’s one of the rather few able combatants in the Von Eaicher Mansion. And for those who wonder, I have no idea how he ended up havin the nickname of “Vinnie”, it’s probably he doesn’t either.

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Wordmaker » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:57 am

Nice piece, but watch your tenses. It worked in this instance but shifting from a flashback-style piece to regular past-tense can be jarring if it's not handled well.

This guy's some piece of work. Here's hoping he gets his comeuppance!

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:38 am

Ah, didn't notice the slip in tenses. I usually manage to keep it from slipping, but on occasion one or two such things get through.

As for comeuppance, I do think I'll switch places on story points two and three (I mentioned a couple earlier).

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:42 am

Red Shirt PL 6 – 110pts (75 without Duplicate)
Abilities – 14pts
Strength 14 +2
Dexterity 12 +1
Constitution 14 +2
Intelligence 12 +1
Wisdom 12 +1
Charisma 12 +0

Saves – 11pts
Toughness +6/+2
Fortitude +5
Reflex +5
Will +5

Combat – 24pts
Attack +6
Damage +5 (Assault Rifle)
Defence +6
Grapple +8
Initiative +1

Feats – 9pts
Eidetic Memory
Endurance
Equipment 4
Teamwork 3

Equipment
Assault Rifle [Blast 5, Autofire]
Body Armour [Protection 4]

Skills 72/4=18pts
Acrobatics 4 (+5)
Bluff 4 (+0)
Climb 4 (+6)
Concentration 4 (+5)
Diplomacy 4 (+5)
Disable Device 4 (+5)
Disguise 0 (+5)
Escape Artist 4 (+5)
Gather Information 4 (+5)
Intimidate 4 (+5)
Medicine 4 (+5)
Notice 4 (+5)
Ride 4 (+5)
Search 4 (+5)
Sense Motive 4 (+5)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+1)
Stealth 4 (+5)
Survival 4 (+5)
Swim 4 (+6)

Powers – 37pts
Duplication 5 (Continuous Duration [+1 Extra], Survival [+1 Extra], Horde [+1 Extra], Progression 9 [1000 Duplicates], Mind Link) – 35pts
Morph: 2nd Grade 1 – 2pts

Tactics: His basic response to a foe is: Swarm ‘em. Red Shirt isn’t a real threat for most heroes but he’s still a notch above most minions, and he never, ever fights fair if it can be avoided. While fairly new to the business, the business in particular being that of disposable minions, he’s looking like he’ll be around for a while. He’s good at working with himself, which he does a lot, and he’s able to undercut just about anyone offering similar degrees of competence. Being able to offer a familiar face also helps, as well as his ability to relay orders to himself with greater speed and consistency than any non-telepath.
That said, he’s got a bit bigger plans for the future. He’s currently saving up for a decent suit of powered armour with associated weaponry and always has a couple of himself “stashed” somewhere safe improving his qualifications. Give him a couple of years and he’ll likely ditch the name and upgrade from faceless mook-horde to quality henchman, if not a full-fledged villain himself.

joerice
Bystander
Bystander

Post by joerice » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:47 am

Ha! That's a great villain! Really like that . . .

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Wordmaker » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:01 am

Hehe, Redshirt. Nice. :lol:

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:15 pm

((Leaving Gotham for a little while now and introducing a couple of more characters into the story, you'll get to see a few new builds shortly as well))

A small convoy moved along the outskirts of Budapest, a few personal cars and several trucks, heading towards someplace on the north-western side of the sprawling city. In one of the leading vehicles sat two people, a man speaking with a noticeable French accent and the other a tough looking German lady. Not that the Frenchman seemed to be particularly sissy either, a well-toned one-hundred and ninety-five centimetre body and a plethora of faint scars visible on his arms told a rather different tale. His colleague didn’t seem to have the same overt signs about her, but the ever so faint scars of a gunshot to the neck and possibly augmentive surgery done on her limbs gave her away to a close inspection. But such an inspection might well end up with the inspector having to collect his teeth in a hat, after overcoming the crippling groinal pain.

”So the devil-spawn has at last been found mon ami.” Said the fellow reclining in the passenger seat, breaking the silence that had pervaded for a while.
“Heh, it took a while but yeah, I found him.” The German lass replied.
“I’m surprised you didn’t just rush into trying to grab him on your own. To you know; get all the praise and so on.”
“I’m not so stupid that I’d rush into trying to grab someone that high profile without serious back-up. Besides with the mark being the last of the Draculea it isn’t like there’ll be any lack of praise handed out by our dear employers.”
“Very true that, and with this kind of back-up we could likely have go at investigating the, what was it called now again? That place out in the forest.”
The Janoshegy Shack, but it’s supposedly a witch according to the stories. Not really our stuff, but who knows. I haven’t been able to turn up anything concrete in any case.”
“Then it’s likely nothing, but it pays to be careful.”
“Talking of careful, do you think we’ve actually got enough backup?” The man just stared at his slightly smaller colleague for a few moments before answering.
“…You have to be joking mon ami, we’ve got enough to level the place. It’s only a mercy we managed to get it all here without incident. But hey, we’ve got over ten times what was needed last time so it shouldn’t be too hard.”
“I know, but I’ve just got a feeling something’s up.”
“…In that case I do think we’d both better take care; you tend to have a pretty good sense for when something’s going to go bad. Still, we can generally handle it even then.”

A short while later they took a turn off the main road and swung the entire convoy up unto a gravel road leading away from the city itself. The marker and the sign by the road read ”The Von Eaicher Estate”

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:54 am

Le Guerrier PL 11 – 206pts
Abilities – 63pts
Strength 25 +7
Dexterity 22 +6
Constitution 22 +6
Intelligence 18 +4
Wisdom 18 +4
Charisma 18 +4

Saves – 12pts
Toughness +10 (+4 Impervious)
Fortitude +10
Reflex +10
Will +8

Combat – 52pts
Attack +14
Damage +8 (Unarmed Strike)
Defence +12
Grapple +21
Initiative +10

Feats – 20pts
Accurate Attack
Acrobatic Bluff
All-out Attack
Ambidexterity
Assessment
Defensive Attack
Diehard
Elusive Target
Evasion 2
Improved Block
Improved Critical: Strike
Improved Initiative
Improved Trip
Master Plan
Power Attack
Startle
Takedown Attack 2
Uncanny Dodge 1: Visual

Skills 112/4=28pts
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Bluff 4 (+8)
Climb 8 (+15)
Concentration 4 (+8)
Diplomacy 4 (+8)
Disable Device 4 (+8)
Escape Artist 4 (+8)
Gather Information 4 (+8)
Intimidate 8 (+12)
Knowledge: Tactics 12 (+16)
Languages 4: Italian, German, English, Russian (Base: French)
Medicine 4 (+8)
Notice 8 (+12)
Search 4 (+8)
Sense Motive 8 (+12)
Stealth 8 (+14)
Survival 8 (+12)
Swim 8 (+15)

Powers – 31pts
Immunity 7: Breathing Underwater, Cold, Disease, Heat, Need for Sleep, Poison, Radiation – 7pts
Protection 4 (Impervious [+1 Extra]) – 8pts
Regeneration 8: Recovery Bonus +1, Persistent, Bruised 1, Injured 2, Disabled 2, Staggered 1 – 8pts
Reinforced Limbs (Strike 1, Mighty) – 2pts
Super-Senses 6: Infravision, Tracking Scent, Ultra-hearing, Uncanny Dodge: Auditory, Ultra-vision – 6pts

Tactics: Le Guerrier is a fighter, almost a brawler, who might not have quite nailed down inspirational leadership like his American counterpart but is certainly up there in combat performance and tactics. If possible he’ll plan for any fight, taking into account his own nature and the mentalities of his allies so as to have plan that flows naturally, and once things heat up he’d most likely be found mixing it up unarmed at the front. He mostly tries to fight somewhat honourably, but if it comes to it he’ll fight dirty, especially if his foe does.

Bit o’ Background: Intended as something of a French, possibly Swiss, counterpart to Captain America in terms of power and skill Le Guerrier originally was noticeable below the yankee in terms of capabilities, but having been enhanced by nanoaugmentives he’s now more than human. He’s not offically affiliated with any goverment however, and his likely origin is merely assembled from his speech and apparent capabilities as well as fighting style. Oddly enough he himself can’t quite remember the revelant parts of his past.
At the moment he’s working as somethimg of a mercenary, though those who know of him or bother tracking his known contracts find that he is actually somewhat picky about what work he does and plain our refuses to do purely commercial stuff. He’s in fact surprisingly non-mercenary in his attitude given his line of work.

Build Notes: Le Guerrier here was worked out mainly from three reference points, the Supersoldier and Nano-augmented Archetypes from Instant Superheroes, and Wordmaker’s take on Captain America. To be honest he just popped up in my mind the other day and I set about getting him into stats, and suddenly fit quite nicely into the story currently underway. Provided he doesn’t up and die in the near future, an unlikely event, he could in time settle in as more truly an European Captain America. He’d likely end up with at least a couple of the Leadership themed feats then, but for now he makes do without that.

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:11 am

Here's a character I'm currently playing in an online rp, haven't gotten 'round to actually having a fight but once that happens I'm predicting lots of pain both ways. She's certainly the most inexperienced and freshly appeared of the supers in the group, and when you think about it that's probably good; think of the religious and political turmoil possible if she went public.
If you've studied religion a bit you'll likely know where the name's from, and if you know a bit of French you might know why it's a bit of an unusal spin on it.
And I've got to thank Prodigyduck for posting those nifty quotes with his Angel conversion; the first one in particular helps convey something of the attittude Mikael here has.
"Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?" --Thomas Daggett (Elias Koteas), The Prophecy
Finally, the format is somewhat different from the other ones I've posted before. This is simply because it's earlier.

Mikael – Manifest Angel PL 15 – 228pts

Name: Michael/Mikael Stenholdt
Profession: Theology Doctorate

Appearance
Mikael has two main appearances which she uses, her legal (secret) identity and her persona as a Manifested Avenging Angel. The first is often described as attractive, if not beautiful, with shoulder length chestnut-brown hair, and deep emerald green eyes. Like this she stands 5’ 11’’ tall, with but a few pounds more than one might expect from her build. The second one however is a full nine feet tall with multiple pairs of radiant feathered wings, not required for flight though, with her hair becoming a brilliant white. Her eyes take on a similar brilliant white hue, and they are often the only features visible of her face as it tends to become like an obsidian mask while the rest of her body is covered in a pure white robe.
Her ability to change shape does make it relatively easy for her to rearrange features, change colours, lengthen hair, and stretch or compress her body. Unfortunately she still has a tendency to retain much of the same smaller movement patterns, though she isn’t dumb enough to not try and alter her broader body language to fit whatever persona she dons.

Background
Michael’s parentage is unknown; she was hardly more than a few days old when she had found her way into an orphanage in Washington. She was remarked as being an unusually quiet though attentive child, knowing precisely what she wanted and when she wanted it. Even though she was a well-behaved, and beautiful, child she was passed over for adoption many times during her first five years; there was something slightly unnerving about her whenever it was time for a couple to actually choose. In the end it was a professor of Theology in his late twenties that decided to adopt her, fatherly love at first sight he later said about it.
His name was Percival Stenholdt, and his own pedigree wasn’t all that ordinary with his mother coming from Bretagne, his father from Denmark, and having grown up in Paris, he’d moved to America as a result of the happenings in Europe. He had some wealth from his family, and moreover he was at the time a second grade member of the Free Masons. As a result of his personal friendship with a number of other loge members his adoptive daughter became exposed to members of several different religions, and she’d made it clear she loved hearing tales from them.
Funnily enough it was all from four related religions; the Abrahamic religions and the teachings of Zoroaster, who had influenced and been influenced by the other three. For some reason the people who told the tales, sometimes, afterwards, they’d wonder just how it was that they couldn’t say no to the little girls face. In school she was seen as the slightly odd one, but she proved modestly popular. She excelled at sports, particularly endurance based ones, and religion, in most other subjects she was mediocre. After she turned twelve however she was taught in private by a variety of teachers, most of whom didn’t hang around for long.
As it stands now she’s supposedly only recently manifested her powers, though her father suspects she could manipulate emotions since she was young, and after revealing it to her father has managed to extract an oath to not reveal it to anyone she hasn’t approved; an oath he gladly took out of love for his adoptive daughter. She secluded herself for a few weeks, officially to work on a paper involving comparisons between Judaism and the teachings of Zoroaster. In reality it was her father who did most of the work on that particular paper while she got to grips with her powers, particularly how to disguise herself using her shapeshifting.

Abilities – 46pts
Strength 18 + 4 / 40 +15: By channelling her Holy Fire into her own body Mikael can greatly increases her own strength.
Dexterity 10 +0
Constitution 30 +10
Intelligence 10 +0
Wisdom 20 +5
Charisma 30 +10
Lifting capacity (Heavy Load): 600lb / 12 tons

Saves – 2pts
Toughness +15 / +10 When deprived of her powers her toughness drops to just her natural physiques durability.
Fortitude +10
Reflex 0
Will +7

Combat – 32pts (medium/large)
Attack +15/+14 Her size has an impact on both her attack and defence and though she’s technically more proficient while human-sized she prefers fighting while in her impressive natural shape.
Damage +15 (Holy Fire/Enhanced Unarmed/Strike) +4 (Powerless Unarmed)
Defence +1/0
Initiative +0
Grapple +30/+19/+34/+23

Feats – 5pts
Accurate Attack
Power Attack
Fearless
Connected Her connections to the Free Masons can at times be of use.
Attractive

Skills 16/4=4pts
Bluff +10/+14 Being attractive can help someone take ones side or make them more willing to believe whatever is told them.
Diplomacy +10/+14
Disguise +15
Intimidate +10/+12 Size has a definite impact on someone’s resolve, and being threatened by an individual a good deal bigger than oneself tends leave a greater impression with people.
Knowledge: Theology and Philosophy +12 (12)
Sense Motive +9 (4)
Stealth 0/-4 Unfortunately being bigger means it’s harder to hide, which is why Mikael uses a somewhat more inconspicuous body size for such things.
Swim +4/0 A bigger body means greater mass, it’s that simple. But since she doesn’t need to breathe and can fly pretty well it’s hardly ever an issue when it comes to swimming.

Powers – 140pts
Growth 4 (Permanent, 3pts/rank +1: 12pts)
Comprehend 3: Languages; Read, Speak, Comprehend all (2pts/rank: 6pts) All the tongues of men are known to the Angels; Mikael has no problem carrying a conversation in any language and any dialect and neither does she find even most obscure written mediums a problem.
Flight 5: 250 mph (2pts/rank: 10pts) What Angel would she be if she couldn’t fly? The great wings she usually displays in her larger, more natural form aren’t needed for flight though.
Holy Fire 15 (Alternative Powers 4*, 2pts/rank +4: 34pts) Probably her most striking power, in more than one sense of the word, the Holy Fire she wields and the power related to it grants her much influence.
--AP Emotion Control 15 (Alternative power of Holy Fire) Reaching into the hearts and minds of man and beast she is able to manipulate emotions, usually going for such things that reinforce her other actions.
--AP Healing 10 (Regrowth, Persistent, Resurrection (+1), Total (+1), Restoration (+1), Emphatic (-1), Others Only (-1), Alternative power of Holy Fire) A somewhat classic attribute of the Divine is its ability to heal wounds and at times bring back the dead. Mikael can access this as a property of her cleansing Holy Fire, taking on the ailments of others to heal them. She still feels at least some of the pain they go through in the moments she transfer the damages, and even though her body heals far quicker than that of ordinary mortals she still feels pain, but she bears it as she feels it is her place.
--AP Strike 15 (Penetrating, Alternative power of Holy Fire) Shaping the fire into a weapon meant for close quarters combat is fairly easy, and the preferred shape she creates is a simple, austere sword wreathed in the cleansing flame.
--AP Enhanced Strength 22 Channelling the fiery Holy Power into herself she is able to achieve greater personal strength, though other super powered individuals outstrip her here by far. (I could have gone for Super Strength instead, and gotten far greater results, but I felt that should be the providence of other Heroes [Reliquary]. I merely desired something that was clearly beyond the means of ordinary mortals, not to go overboard and up into the realm of Superman style strength.)
Immunity 12 (Aging, Life support, Need for Sleep, Starvation and Thirst, 1pt/rank: 12pts) As an Angel, a being of the higher planes, she is immune to the passing of time and the ordinary needs of the body such as eating or breathing.
Mortal Form (Linked, 2nd degree morphing, Normal Strength Shrink 4, Full action, Nauseate 5 on use, 1/5pts/rank: 2pts) While impressive and potent the nine-foot plus natural form of Mikael doesn’t lend itself well to life amongst humans, nor does the other parts of her “normal” appearance. She has however been granted the ability to return to her mortal appearance, and indeed those of other humans or human like beings, but the process leaves her dizzy and slightly disoriented.
Protection 5 (1pt/rank: 5pts) Angels are made of somewhat sturdier stuff than mortals and Mikael finds it easier to shrug of potential injury than most as result, but a lucky shot can still hurt her.
Regeneration (Bruised) 3 (1/round, no rest required) (3pts)
Regeneration (Unconscious) 3 (1/round, no rest required) (3pts)
Regeneration (Staggered) 6 (1/round, no rest required) (6pts)
Regeneration (Injured) 6 (1/round, no rest required) (6pts)
Regeneration (Disabled) 8 (1/round, no rest required) (8pts)
Regeneration (Ability Damage) (1/round, no rest required) (8pts)
Regeneration (Resurrection) 10 (1/round, no rest required) (Extra: True Resurrection) (20pts)
Regeneration (Power Feats: Regrowth, Persistent) 2 [Both power feats can be seen count for the whole lot in Archetypes within for example Instant Superheroes.] Mikael isn’t one to go down easily, nor one to stay down. She has a divine mission and she isn’t to return before she has fulfilled it, thus the Divine ensures her body heals at an astonishing pace and that death does not claim her body. This is just as well for she has yet to fully grasp the capabilities of this world to bring her harm.
[Regeneration 44 (All 1/round with no rest, Persistent, Regrowth, True Resurrection (+1 extra for Resurrection ranks) 1pt/rank +2: 56pts)]
Super-Senses 2 (Darkvision, 1pt/rank: 2pts) The eyes of an Angel can easily pierce the darkness.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:18 am

This storyline continues to hold my interest.

Please keep it going! :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:10 am

Ah, nice to hear that. I've got at least one more character that needs to be at least loosely stated up before I can go ahead with the fight, but luckily the rest are either done or can be portrayed with Archetypes.

For those interested in knowing the odds stacked against the Mansion here's a quick run down of it, some numbers may be shifted around (mainly upped) later.

:arrow: Le Guerrier, with a damned maxed Master Plan.
:arrow: De Sucher (Basically the PL 10 Tracer Archetype with a few extras that I'm not bothering with at the moment), also with a high grade Master Plan
:arrow: Monsieur Lambert (Being stated, but around Le Guerrier in PL), another good Master Plan
:arrow: X number of Red Shirt's duplicates, he's the minion muscle for this
:arrow: An as yet unnamed PL 6 Swashbuckler
:arrow: Anything else they've got up their sleeves

And against this the Mansion has got a grand total of Three potential combatants. Doesn't look all that good now does it?

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:51 am

And here's the last build I had to stat before I could continue with the storyline. Well, that'll take a little while to get up too but in the meantime I'll see about feeding you stuff I've made earlier.

Monsieur Lambert PL 12 – 255pts
Abilities – 40pts
Strength 26/16 +8/+3
Dexterity 16 +3
Constitution 18 +4
Intelligence 19/15 +4
Wisdom 18/14 +4/+2
Charisma 21/17 +5/+3

Saves – 12pts
Toughness +11*/+4 (*7 Impervious)
Fortitude +9
Reflex +7
Will +6/+4 (+5 Mind Shield)

Combat – 38pts
Attack +10/+12 (Claws/Slam)
Damage +10 (Blast) +8 (Area Blast) +8 (Claws/Slam)
Defence +9
Grapple +18/+13
Initiative +3

Feats – 21pts
Accurate Attack
All-out Attack
Assessment
Connected
Defensive Attack
Favoured Opponent 4: The Afflicted (Vampires, Lycanthropes)
Improved Block
Improved Disarm
Improved Initiative
Improved Sunder
Improved Trip
Master Plan
Power Attack
Precise Shot
Startle
Takedown Attack
Weapon Bind
Weapon Break

Skills 116/4=29pts
Acrobatics 4 (+7)
Bluff 12 (+17/+15)
Climb 8 (+16/+11)
Concentration 4 (+8/+6)
Diplomacy 8 (+13/+11)
Disguise 4 (+24/+9/+7)
Gather Information 6 (+11/+9)
Intimidate 10 (+15/+13)
Knowledge: Arcane Lore 12 (+16/+14)
Notice 8 (+12/+10)
Ride 4 (+7)
Search 8 (+12/+10)
Sense Motive 8 (+12/+10)
Stealth 8 (+11)
Survival 4 (+7)
Swim 4 (+12/+7)

Powers – 112pts
The Gauntlets: Device 10 [Hard to Lose] – 42pts
--Blast 10 (Precise, Knock-Back 2, Penetrating 2, Affects Insubstantial) – (31pts)
--AP Blast 8 (Area: Line [+1 Extra], Progression [Line: 10ft wide], Affects Insubstantial)
--AP Blast 8 (Area: Cone [+1 Extra], Knock-Back 1, Affects Insubstantial)
--AP Blast 8 (Explosion [+1 Extra], Affects Insubstantial, Selective)
--AP Claws (Strike 1, Improved Critical, Penetrating 2, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Attack Specialisation)
--AP Slam (Strike 1, Knock-Back 6, Attack Specialisation)
--Weakening Grasp 5 (Drain Physical Attributes (Str, Dex, Con), Needs to be grappling to use, Selective) (6pts)
--Enhance Strength 10
--Restricted 2: Requires ownership of The Helmet [You don’t have to actively wear The Helmet, but the Helmet needs to recognise you as its owner]
--Vampiric Device: Bestows any damage or fatigue done it suffers unto its wielder instead.
The Helmet: Device 9 [Hard to Lose] – 38pts
--Super-Senses 18: Blindsight, Danger Sense [Special: Magical], Magical Awareness: Visual, True Sight, Detect Magic: Visual
--Enhance Intelligence 4
--Enhance Wisdom 4
--Enhance Charisma 4
--Mind Shield 5

--Regeneration 10: Staggered 4, Disabled 6
--Restricted 2: Must be able to use magic, ritual or otherwise. Must also be “accepted” by the Helmet as its new “owner”, quite how this is done isn’t quite clear.
--Vampiric Device: Bestows any damage or fatigue done it suffers unto its wielder instead.
The Cuirass: Device 5 [Hard to Lose] – 22pts
--Protection 7 (Impervious [+1 Extra])
--Morph: 2nd Grade 3
--Regeneration 5: Bruised 1, Injured 4
--Restricted 2: Requires ownership of The Helmet [You don’t have to actively wear The Helmet, but the Helmet needs to recognise you as its owner]
The Greaves: Device 3 [Hard to Lose] – 14pts
--Teleport 4 [1 Mile/400ft] (Accurate [+1 Extra], Change Direction)
--AP Flight 4 [100 MPH]
--AP Speed 2 [25 MPH]

Tactics: Lambert is tough, strong, mobile, and not likely to go down; at least while he’s got his various armour parts. Tactically he’s nothing much, still getting used to his toys. He’s a thug, a thug with brains and a suit of magical gear that allows him to do something that few Hunters can do; go toe to toe with their quarry.
He is very unlikely to use lethal force against non-Afflicted, his quarry however is equally unlikely to receive mercy.

Build Notes: Lambert here is meant to be on of the most important and successful of the Hunters, in large part due to his nifty four-part suit. I more or less started out with the Mystic Warrior Archetype from Instant Superheroes and modified it as I felt was needed to fit my vision of Monsieur Lambert, Master Hunter. His Devices are separate rather than a single power due to them not actually having to be fully assembled to work. I also had an idea of how the various items would in part be drawing on Lambert’s own energy to keep them from sustaining damage, which is why I went with bringing up a new little “feature”, which I let him have since it doesn’t actually work better or worse than the ordinary set-up would.
He’s meant to a good Hunter, that is one who seeks to bring an end to the Afflicted, which is part of the reason he hits (almost) only his offensive cap and only against the Afflicted at that. The Connected Feat is pretty much his very extensive influence with the Hunter organisation; he’s a rising star in it despite some misgivings concerning the nature of his outfit.
It should be noted that you’d have a hard time defiantly pinning down Lambert as either a Hero or a Villain although it leans towards the later; he seems to just care about doing what he sees as his duty and doesn’t quite care deeply enough about others to be an active hero. His duty in this case is to rid the world of the “stain” of the Afflicted; every last man, woman and child.