Nyrath's Librarium: Rei Ayanami, Portia [Drow PC]

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:22 am

“Lackya” AKA “Nancy Boy Feetsmen” PL: 6 Points Cost: 75 Minion Rank: 5
“Dey iz zuperengineered sqvirrels or zumthing. Dey gots to serve somebody. Zo de Baron has dem delivering messages und annoying pipple. Keeps dem busy.” – Minsk, Jägermonster
(Stats: 32 + Saves: 10 + Combat: 20 + Feats: 06 + Skills: 11 + Powers: 00 – Drawbacks: 04 = 75)
Stats: 32pp
Strength 20 [+5] Dexterity 16 [+3] Constitution 22 [+6]
Intelligence 10 [0] Wisdom 10 [0] Charisma 14 [+2]

Saves: 10pp
Toughness +7
Fortitude +8
Reflex +5
Will +6

Combat: 20pp
Attack +6 [Melee] +4 [Ranged]
Defence +6 [+3 Flatfooted]
Grapple +12
Initiative +3

DC Block
Unarmed 21 [Toughness] [Blunt Physical Damage]

Feats: 6pp
Attack Focus [Melee] 2
Courtly Manners*
Dedicated [The House of Wulfenbach]
Tough
Well-Informed

Skills: 11pp [44]
Bluff +6/+8 [4 ranks +2 Cha /+2 Courtly Manners]
Climb +10 [4 ranks +6 Str]
Diplomacy +6/+8 [4 ranks +2 Cha / +2 Courtly Manners]
Gather Information +6/+8 [4 ranks +2 Cha /+2 Courtly Manners]
Intimidate +6 [4 ranks +2 Cha]
Knowledge: Current Events +8 [8 ranks]
Knowledge: History +4 [4 ranks]
Notice +4 [4 ranks]
Search +4 [4 ranks]
Sense Motive +4/+6 [4 ranks /+2 Courtly Manners]

Drawbacks – -4pts
Servile: Takes a -4 penalty on any check forced upon them by anyone higher up their chain of command, unless it would contradict with something from anyone even higher up the ladder. Ordinarily the highest rung of the ladder is occupied by Baron Klaus von Wulfenbach, with his son Gilgamesh next in line. If used from before being appropriated by the Baron they serve the Gilded Duke. – -4pts

Notes: The “Lackya” from Castle Wulfenbach from the Comic Girl Genius. Natural minions, not surprising they were created to be just that by one of the numberless Mad Scientists of that world. While strong, durable, and not to shabby in actual combat
Courtly Manners
Gain a +2 bonus on any Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, or Sense Motive roll when within an appropriate setting, in this case anything or anyone who might be influenced by proper etiquette or other similar matters.

I felt like throwing up something from Girl Genius, so here you get the "Nancy Boy Feetsmen" as the Jägers' tend to refer to them as. I haven't yet gotten hold of a decent pic of them though so expect an edit of sorts later on.

Edit 1: 25/02/09
Shifted a few points around, lowered Str, raised Cha, and took of one ranks each of Tough and Courtly Manners
Last edited by Nyrath on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Librarium - Careful around the shelves, I still need to get stronger chains for the books. And don't go wandering off on your own either, I still haven't found the last one to do that.

Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Davies » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:21 pm

Nyrath wrote:“Machete” PL: 10 Points Cost: 150
Abilities – 26pts
Strength 16 +3
Dexterity 16 +3
Constitution 18 +4
Intelligence 12 +1
Wisdom 14 +2
Charisma 10 +0
Given the bit with the girls, and the fact that he apparently ends up leading some sort of insurrection, I think his Charisma should be a lot higher ...

Chris Davies.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:41 pm

That depends. He may be able to cut you dead in the street, but can he do so in style? 8)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:42 pm

I've only got that pic as a reference for the entire build. I saw it posted in a Random Pictures thread on another forum and the whole thing just spawned from there. I have no actual clue as to where this is actually from.
The Librarium - Careful around the shelves, I still need to get stronger chains for the books. And don't go wandering off on your own either, I still haven't found the last one to do that.

Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Davies » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:49 pm

Nyrath wrote:I've only got that pic as a reference for the entire build. I saw it posted in a Random Pictures thread on another forum and the whole thing just spawned from there. I have no actual clue as to where this is actually from.
It's from one of the fake trailers in Tarrantino and Rodriguez' "Grindhouse". This one here. There was some talk of it being turned into a full-length feature, but what with one thing and another, that doesn't seem likely.

Chris Davies.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:13 pm

Still, you never know.

Danny Trejo is a scary, scary looking man and when scary-looking men want things done, they get done! :twisted:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:36 am

Something of an update on my players' characters, but since the advacement has been rather substantial I'm leaving the old stats in place further back in the thread and simply supply the new ones here, with a bit of description added.

Ace, of Spades PL 12 –250pts
"I'm going on a killing spree, killing spree, killing spree..." - Ace, merrily facing hordes of Genestealers on his own
Abilities – 64pts
Strength 26 +8
Dexterity 26 +8
Constitution 28 +9
Intelligence 14 +2
Wisdom 14 +2
Charisma 16 +3

Movement and Encumbrance
Light Load: 306lbs. Medium: 613lbs. Heavy: 920lbs. Max: 1840lbs. Push/Drag: 4.600lbs.
Normal Move: 250ft/25 MPH Full Move: 500ft/50 MPH Accelerated Move: 1000ft/100 MPH
Flight – Normal: 100ft/10 MPH Full Move: 200ft/20 MPH Accelerated Move: 400ft/40 MPH

Saves – 6pts
Toughness +15*/+9 [*subtle]
Fortitude +9
Reflex +8
Will +8

Combat – 44pts
Attack +14
Damage +10 [Rapier] +8 [Unarmed/Massive Pistol]
Defence +9 [+4 Flatfooted]
Grapple +22
Initiative +8

Feats – 39pts
Acrobatic Bluff
All-out Attack
Ambidexterity
Cute [Attractive]
Dodge Focus
Power Attack
Sidekick 32 [Queen of Hearts]
Startle

Skills – 16pts [64]
Acrobatics 8 [+16]
Bluff 10 [+15/+19]
Intimidate 17 [+20]
Notice 15 [+17]
Sense Motive 10 [+12]
Stealth 4 [+12]

Powers – 100pts
Blood Drain: [Drain Constitution 4, Requires Grapple [-1 Flaw] – 2pt
Massive Pistol: Device 4 [Easy to Lose] – 13pts
--Blast 8 [Improved Critical]
--Restricted 1 [Requires Strength 26+]
Carolingan Rapier: Device 1 – 3pts
--Strike 2 [Mighty, Improved Critical 2]
Eye of Wrath 5 [Mind Control, Sense Dependant: Vision [-1 Flaw], Duration: Sustained [+1 Extra], Distracting [-1 Flaw], Conscious [+1 Extra] – 10pts
Immunity 10: Age, Life Support – 10pts
Regeneration: Bruised 3 [Free Action], Unconscious 1 [1 Round], Injured 6 [Free Action], Staggered 4 [1 Round], Disabled 6 [1 Round], Ability Damage 6 [1/round], Resurrection 10 [Free Action] (If staked and beheaded: [1/day]) (True Resurrection [+1 Extra] 2, Diehard, Regrowth) – 40pts
Supernatural Movement – 3pts
--Flight 1
--AP Speed 2

Super-Senses 2: [Darkvision] – 2pts
Protection 6 [Subtle] – 6pts

Drawbacks – -9pts
Dependence on Blood [Common, Minor] – -2pts
Vulnerable to Holy [+50%] – -2pts
Vulnerable to Silver [+50%] – -2pts
Voice Command [Mind control requires voice command to function properly] – -3pts

:arrow: Ace is rather small, just tall enough to not have to pay points due to his height. And he's something of a pretty boy, but he looks perpetually thirteen years old.

:arrow: His Subtle Protection makes it look like he's taken more damage than he actually has, simulating an even greater regeneration than he already has. Said regen is somewhat obscene and leaves me, as GM, with little that can put him out of commision.

:arrow: He's a sadistic little maniac who values his clothes above the lives of others, for if you're going to kill stuff you should be able to do it in style.

:arrow: His 1700-hundreds style coat tells you something about who he's worked for since it bears the marks of just about every major organisation he's worked with for more than a few years. Included are the Carolingan kings of Sweden, the Russian Tsars, and the SS; not a too pleasant fellow in short.

:arrow: The fact that his full "name" is Ace of Spades connects with the fact that he's the head of a now scattered group of four, of which to date only the Queen of Hearts has been found.

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:49 am

Nyrath wrote:Kurush Wusurg – Cyrus the Great (50<60 years old) PL 10(9) – 265pts
“O man, whoever you are and wherever you come from, for I know you will come, I am Cyrus who won the Persians their empire. Do not therefore grudge me this little earth that covers my body.” – Inscription on the Tomb of Cyrus the Great
“He eclipsed all other monarchs, either before him, or since. No matter whom he conquered, he would inspire in them a deep longing to please him, and to bask in his good opinion. They found themselves longing to be guided by his rulings – his, and no one else’s.” – Xenophon, Athenian soldier, mercenary, and historian (431 – 355 BCE)

Abilities – 54pts
Strength 14 +4
Dexterity 14 +2
Constitution 17 +3
Intelligence 20 +5
Wisdom 23 +6
Charisma 26 +8

Saves – 20pts
Toughness +8/+5 (+6/+3 Flatfooted)
Fortitude +7
Reflex +8
Will +16

Combat – 40pts
Attack +10
Damage +5 (Sword/Bow)
Defence +10 (+5 Flatfooted)
Grapple +12
Initiative +6

Feats – 73pts
Accurate Attack
All-out Attack
Ambidexterity
Assessment
Beginner’s Luck
Benefit 20: Emperor of Persia, King of Kings, King of Arkkad, King of the Medians, Overlord of Babylon, High-Autocrat of Ionia, King of Lydia, High Chief of the Saka, a dozen or so other titles, including Favoured of the Gods and Lord of all Aryans
Connected
Contacts
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 2
Eidetic Memory
Endurance
Environmental Adaptation 2: Steppe, High Altitude
Equipment 4
Fascinate 2[Diplomacy] [Perform: Oratory]
Favoured Environment 2: Mounted
Improved Aim
Improved Block 2
Improved Critical: Bow
Improved Critical: Sword
Improved Disarm
Improved Initiative
Improved Pin
Improved Throw
Inspire 5
Leadership
Luck 2
Master Plan
Move-by Action
Power Attack
Precise Shot
Redirect
Second Chance 3 [Diplomacy] [Sense Motive] [Bluff] [Ride]
Startle
Takedown Attack
Teamwork
Track
Weapon Bind
Well-Informed

Equipment – 18ep
Armour [Protection 3] – 3ep
Sword [Strike 3, Mighty, Improved Critical] – 5ep
Bow [Blast 3, Mighty 4] – 10ep

Skills 308/4=78pts
Acrobatics 8 (+10)
Bluff 12 (+20)
Climb 8 (+12)
Concentration 8 (+12)
Diplomacy 15 (+23)
Escape Artist 8 (+10)
Gather Information 15 (+23)
Handle Animal 8 (+16)
Intimidate 12 (+20)
Knowledge: Arcane Lore 6 (+11)
Knowledge: Behavioral Science 8 (+13)
Knowledge: Business 12 (+17)
Knowledge: Civics 12 (+17)
Knowledge: Current Events 6 (+11)
Knowledge: Earth Sciences 8 (+13)
Knowledge: History 12 (+17)
Knowledge: Life Sciences 6 (+11)
Knowledge: Physical Sciences 8 (+13)
Knowledge: Tactics 8 (+13)
Knowledge: Technology 8 (+13)
Knowledge: Theology and Philosophy 10 (+15)
Language 12: Armenian, Median, Saka, Greek, Coptic, Hebrew, Babylonian, Phonician, Syrian, Lydian, Hyrkanian, Skythian (Base: Persian)
Notice 12 (+18)
Perform: Dance 6 (+14)
Perform: Oratory 12 (+20)
Perform: Singing 6 (+14)
Profession: Herdsman 4 (+10)
Ride 15 (+17)
Search 12 (+7)
Sense Motive 15 (+21)
Stealth 8 (+10)
Survival 8 (+14)
Swim 8 (+12)

Complications
Responsibility: His People
The Truth: May not lie, though any other means of decieving are alright.
Freedom for All: Does no abide slavery (in the ancient world this is actually big enough a thing to be worth a complication)
Fame

Notes:
Here’s Cyrus as I see him, and he’s a social monster. His charisma is almost unbelievable (going by the core book’s guidelines at least), and his social skills are pretty much maxed out. The only thing I feel I might have overdone, though just slightly, is his degree of combat skill, but given that it was one aspect needed in good amounts for the Aryan nobility and that one of the pieces of regalia was a warbow I’d say it’s warranted.
Looking over his stats it should be pretty clear that he was one of the greatest men to have ever lived, and if I ever get around to actually making such a list of sorts he’ll easily make it into the top three.

Historical Notes: ((I’ll get to this eventually, it’s a fair bit after all.))

Brought Cyrus down a notch, he's still pretty good a combatant but not "out there" quality any more.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:26 pm

As always Nyrath, keep up the good work. :D

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:55 am

Queen of Hearts PL 11 – 160pts
Abilities – 56pts
Strength 26 +8
Dexterity 26 +8
Constitution 28 +9
Intelligence 10 +0
Wisdom 12 +1
Charisma 14 +2

Movement and Encumbrance
Light Load: 306lbs. Medium: 613lbs. Heavy: 920lbs. Max: 1840lbs. Push/Drag: 4.600lbs.
Normal Move: 100ft/10 MPH Full Move: 200ft/20 MPH Accelerated Move: 400ft/40 MPH
Flight – Normal: 50ft/5 MPH Full Move: 100ft/10 MPH Accelerated Move: 200ft/20 MPH

Saves – 6pts
Toughness +14
Fortitude +9
Reflex +8
Will +7

Combat – 28pts
Attack +12 [Melee] +6 [Ranged]
Damage +10 [Claws] +8 [Unarmed]
Defence +8 [+4 Flatfooted]
Grapple +20
Initiative +8

Feats – 11pts
Acrobatic Bluff
All-out Attack
Attack Focus [Melee] 6
Attractive
Power Attack
Startle

Skills – 9pts [36]
Acrobatics 8 [+16]
Intimidate 8 [+10]
Notice 10 [+12]
Sense Motive 6 [+8]
Stealth 4 [+12]

Powers – 56pts
Blood Drain: [Drain Constitution 4, Requires Grapple [-1 Flaw] – 2pt
Immunity 10: Age, Life Support – 10pts
Regeneration 26: Bruised 3 [Free Action], Unconscious 1 [1 Round], Injured 6 [Free Action], Staggered 4 [1 Round], Disabled 6 [1 Round], Ability Damage 4 [5 Minutes], Resurrection 2 [1/day] (True Resurrection [+1 Extra], Diehard, Regrowth) – 30pts
Supernatural Movement – 2pts
--Flight 1 [Half-Speed [-1 Drawback/Flaw]
--AP Speed 1
Super-Senses 2:
[Darkvision] – 2pts
Protection 5 [Subtle] – 6pts
Claws: [Strike 2, Mighty, Improved Critical] – 4pts

Drawbacks – -6pts
Dependence on Blood [Common, Minor] – -2pts
Vulnerable to Holy [+50%] – -2pts
Vulnerable to Silver [+50%] – -2pts

Notes: And here's Ace's little Sidekick who generally goes by Queen for short, though her actual name is Juliet. She's fanatically loyal to Ace, and it shows, and is willing to endure seemingly anything to stick close by him; a, in some opinions, bad thing when you're dealing with a often frustrated and sadistic little maniac. She was recently found up in Siberia, frozen in a lake, by another team formed from former members of the PC group.
Since entering the game she's done the following nice little things, and in a single session at that. 1: Gone face to face with a dragon (played as a full character) and gouged its eyes out. 2: Had 80-85% of her clothes burnt off at once, but since Ace got 99.5% burnt off she hasn't complained. 3: Opened a substantial can of whoop-ass on Alex, the strongest "villain" they've ever meet, after seeing Ace miss a save against disintegration by 20 (still not finished, though three consecutive rounds of one-sided ass-kicking does look good).

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:50 am

Keep up the good work Nyrath. It's always good to see the shelves of the Librarium filling. :D

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:32 pm

Kick ass Nyrath, like your queen of hearts build. 8)

JackGiantkiller
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by JackGiantkiller » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:50 pm

Very cool Vampire PC's. Why didn't you guys just build the Mind Control with Sense Dependant twice, instead of the strange drawback? You'd save two more points.

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:20 am

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Kick ass Nyrath, like your queen of hearts build. 8)
Thank you, I do intend to get King of Clover and Jack of Diamonds finished and posted at some poitn as well, just to round out the set.
JackGiantkiller wrote:Very cool Vampire PC's. Why didn't you guys just build the Mind Control with Sense Dependant twice, instead of the strange drawback? You'd save two more points.
Why thank you as well Jack, and if you give me a moment to formulate myself I'll answer your question. There's a few reasons why I built it the way I did. Firstly it didn't occur to me initially, this does matter. Secondly, if I went with a second Sense-dependant it would mean he'd have to say something to activate it in the first place, he isn't meant to have that problem. He's meant to use his stare, and they're meant to go basically "blank" until he deigns to command them. Hope that answers it a bit, I'm off to dredge up a couple of more builds I've got waiting to be posted.

Nyrath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Post by Nyrath » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:26 am

Janus PL: 10 Points Cost: 150
"Meanies!! Janus smash meanies!
Abilities – 22pts
Strength 35/18 +12/+4
Dexterity 14 +2
Constitution 32/18 +11/+4
Intelligence 10 +0
Wisdom 10 +0
Charisma 12 +1

Saves – 17pts
Toughness +14 [10 Impervious]
Fortitude +14
Reflex +8
Will +8

Combat – 20pts
Attack +8 [Melee] +6 [Ranged] (Includes Size Modifier)
Damage +12 [Unarmed]
Defence +6 [+4 Flatfooted] (Includes Size Modifier)
Grapple +17
Initiative +2
Size Modifier: +1 (x4 grapple penalty, x4 stealth bonus, x2 intimidate penalty)
Knockback: -21

Feats – 7pts
All-out Attack
Attack Focus [Melee] 2
Fast Overrun
Improved Overrun
Power Attack
Takedown Attack

Skills – 4pts [16]
Climb +6 [0]
Intimidate +11 [12]
Notice +4 [4]
Stealth +6 [0]
Swim (Sinks like a rock)

Powers – 80pts
Density 2 (6) [Subtle 2, Permanent [+/-0], Innate] – 11pts
--Strength 12
--Protection 3 [Impervious [+1 Extra]
--Immovable 2 [Unstoppable [+1 Extra]
--Super Strength 2
Enhanced Constitution 14 – 14pts
Enhanced Strength 5 – 5pts
Immovable 8 [Unstoppable [+1 Extra] – 16pts
Impervious Toughness 7 – 7pts
Shrinking 4 [Permanent [+/-0], Innate, Normal Strength/Toughness[+2 Extra], Compression [+3 Extra] – 25pts
Leaping 2 [x5] – 2pts

Notes: Here's a nice little fellow, kinda like a kid Juggernaught. Janus seems to be about eight years old, of russian descent (though he doesn't speak the language), and quite a friendly fellow really, just don't hurt his friends, and he makes friends very easily it seems.
He's played by the same fellow who handles Ace by the way, though thankfully the personality of Janus is radically different.