Prodigy Duck's Beastiary and More (Allabar)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:29 am

There is a resemblence. I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by SCKnight » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:55 pm

prodigyduck wrote:Image

RUST MONSTER (PL 5, Minion 4)

Attributes
STR 10 (+0), DEX 17 (+3), CON 13 (+1), INT 2 (-4), WIS 13 (+1), CHA 8 (-1)

Combat
Attack +3, Damage +0 (unarmed), Defense 13 (Flat-Footed 11), Initiative +3

Saves
TGH +5, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5

Skills
Notice 8 (+9)

Powers
Corrosion 7 (Extra: Aura [+1], Duration – Sustained [+2], Flaw: Limited – only vs. metal [-1]) (35pp)
Protection 4 (4pp)
Super-Senses 4 (Darkvision, Scent, Tracking) (4pp)

Drawbacks
Disability (mute [very common, moderate]) (-4pp)
Disability (no hands [very common, moderate]) (-4pp)

Ability Scores: 3, Skills 2, Feats 0, Powers 43, Combat 12, Saves 6, Drawbacks –8 = 58
Because fighters are my favorite class in D&D, I always hated facing them! Now, they're in M&M!

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:30 am

Better start converting your power armour to plastic then, eh? :wink:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:05 pm

KEVIN "ACE" KOSS (PL 11, 130 total pp)

Ability Scores
STR 14 (+2), DEX 20 (+5), CON 10 (+0)
INT 18 (+4), WIS 18 (+4), CHA 12 (+1)

Combat
Attack +4 (+6 ranged), Damage +2 (unarmed)
Defense 15 (flat-footed 12)
Grapple +6, Initiative +5

Saves
TGH +3, Fort +4, Ref +13, Will +8

Skills
Bluff 12 (+13), Craft: Mechanical 8 (+12), Knowledge: Tactics 8 (+12), Knowledge: Technology 8 (+12), Notice 8 (+12), Pilot 16 (+21), Profession: Mercenary Flyer 4 (+8], Sense Motive 8 (+12)

Feats
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Attack Focus 2 (ranged), Attractive, Combat Pilot 10 (attack aircraft), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 20, Fearless, Move-By Action, Precise Shot, Redirect, Second Chance (Pilot Checks), Skill Mastery (Bluff, Notice, Pilot, Sense Motive), Ultimate Effort (Pilot)

Equipment
Ace has a variety of attack aircraft at his disposal, including jet fighters, helicopters, and even star-fighters. Ace's prefered vehicle is a modified X-29 Jet Fighter.

Ability Scores 32, Skills 18, Feats 46, Powers 0, Combat 18, Saves 16, Drawbacks –0 = 130
Kevin Koss, best known to his friends as Ace, is the usual pilot-for-hire that transports Gina and Britanny to their adventuring locations. He's had a somewhat turbulent relationship with Penny Pinser that has stabilized into a boyfriend/girlfriend thing though Penny has been dropping more and more hints that she has wedding plans in mind. Throughout the course of the series, we've seen Ace fly just about anything he can get his hands on. It was also by his urging that Penny agreed to end her rivarly with Gina. Ace might be one of the few pilots who could give Max Sterling of Robotech fame a good duel, but that's just my opinion.
:arrow: While not much to look at on the ground, Ace is one bad mutha in the air! His luck and skill may have something to do with the fact that he is the son of a series of fighter pilots and the descendent of an Ancient Egyptian superhero.

:arrow: His Combat Pilot Feats should either be split evenly between Attack and Defense Bonus, or be solely in Defense. Ace is really hard to hit in the air.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:14 pm

A very refreshing character :)

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Post by marcoasalazarm » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:10 pm

I cam already see how cool a battle would be, with Ace onboard a fully-loaded Blackhawk and the other character (dunno... say, a Solid Snake-kinda guy) on foot, armed with a sniper rifle/railgun/Stinger missile launcher.

With Ace's many options to make that Blackhawk dance around the attacks, it's gonna come down to Hero Point usage, luck on the roll, and some desperate tactics.
Bad guy looks at small pistol by PC. Bad guy makes pistol with fingers.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:02 am

marcoasalazarm wrote:I cam already see how cool a battle would be, with Ace onboard a fully-loaded Blackhawk and the other character (dunno... say, a Solid Snake-kinda guy) on foot, armed with a sniper rifle/railgun/Stinger missile launcher.

With Ace's many options to make that Blackhawk dance around the attacks, it's gonna come down to Hero Point usage, luck on the roll, and some desperate tactics.
I only chuckle because Ace has a recurring villain/rival named Darkbird. One of her minions is a pilot who goes by the call-sign "Snake Face" (he used to belong to a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world).

Also, yes, Ace is all about pulling wild stunts out of nowhere. One of his greatest battles with Darkbird and her Night-Flight took place in issues 35-36 of the GD color series.

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Post by marcoasalazarm » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:35 pm

I remember 'Snake Face': the guy was starting to shout 'Co-bra-lah-lah-lah!' when Dark Bird shut him up.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:11 pm

:lol:

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Post by marcoasalazarm » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:13 am

Keep up the good job, man!
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.

rstehwien
Hireling
Hireling

Post by rstehwien » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:09 pm

This thread is great. I'm borrowing many of these writeups for my Dragonstar game.
JoshuaDunlow wrote: know... i so want that book too... World Guide of Khaas. I have oggled that book for about a year now. And i know they are working on a third edition of the rules i think. But its like $70 is a bit pricey, but if anyone ahd that book. They could run a Fantasy game using the MnM rules easy.
I have most of the Arduin books (nostalgia) including the "World Guide of Khaas" and it is ... ok. I liked the older books better and the new one has absolutely no game mechanics. For me having no game mechanics made it not so useful.

I cannot recall if it had a bestiary in it at all. I could care less about the countries and cultures of Khaas. I wanted to know more about such creatures as the Giant Specter - "blasts 1d6 life levels at a glance" we had an amusing hour discussing the ramifications of that ability.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:13 pm

rstehwien wrote:This thread is great. I'm borrowing many of these writeups for my Dragonstar game.
JoshuaDunlow wrote: know... i so want that book too... World Guide of Khaas. I have oggled that book for about a year now. And i know they are working on a third edition of the rules i think. But its like $70 is a bit pricey, but if anyone ahd that book. They could run a Fantasy game using the MnM rules easy.
I have most of the Arduin books (nostalgia) including the "World Guide of Khaas" and it is ... ok. I liked the older books better and the new one has absolutely no game mechanics. For me having no game mechanics made it not so useful.

I cannot recall if it had a bestiary in it at all. I could care less about the countries and cultures of Khaas. I wanted to know more about such creatures as the Giant Specter - "blasts 1d6 life levels at a glance" we had an amusing hour discussing the ramifications of that ability.
We all have our preferences between crunch and fluff.

As it it, I am sorry to not have posted anything in so long. I got a new job and have had little free time to do any conversions. Hopefully I can get something done for all of my fans soon enough.

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Post by marcoasalazarm » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Could I request more Gold Digger stuff?

No character in particular (for now), just more of the cast.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:58 pm

ARRAY (PL 10, 196 total pp)

Ability Scores
STR 11 (+0), DEX 14 (+2), CON 15 (+2)
INT 17 (+3), WIS 17 (+3), CHA 12 (+1)

Combat
Attack +8, Damage +0 (unarmed)
Defense +12
Grapple +8, Initiative +2

Saves
TGH +6 (+2 flat-footed), Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +10

Skills
Bluff 12 (+13), Computers 8 (+11), Concentration 8 (+11), Diplomacy 12 (+13), Gather Information 12 (+13), Knowledge: Civics 8 (+11), Knowledge: Current Events 8 (+11), Notice 4 (+7), Sense Motive 12 (+15)

Feats
Attractive, Benefit (Alternate Identity 20), Connected, Contacts, Dodge Focus 4, Fascinate (Diplomacy), Jack-of-all-Trades, Master Plan, Well-Informed

Powers
Immunity 4 (aging, critical hits, disease) (4pp)
Regeneration 7 (Recovery Bonus 7, Power Feat: Diehard, Persistent, Regrowth) (10pp)
Summon 10 (Power Feat: Mental Link, Progression 12, Extra: Fanatical [+1], Heroic [+1], Type – Broad [+1], Flaw: Action – Full-Round [-1], Drawback: Noticeable [all duplicates/personas have pink hair and eyes; -1pp], Power Loss [only useable once per 24 hours; -1pp]) (51pp)

Ability Scores 26, Skills 21, Feats 31, Powers 57, Combat 40, Saves 21, Drawbacks –0 = 196
Array's earliest memories are of being the property of a secret scientific research facility. They had found this apparently human-like creature that could regenerate from any wound, so they performed all manner of biological experimentation on her, effectively subjecting her to protracted torture.

She was rescued from the facility by the supervillain Tyrant. She rapidly fell in love with her savior, the first person who had shown her any kindness whatsoever. She joined Tyrant in his life of crime, where she took the name "Array".

During Tyrant's criminal career on Earth, Array began establishing her power base on Earth and the Realm of Jade by insinuating her various alter egos into numerous possitions of authority.

Whenever Array re-absorbs a persona, the memories of the alter ego continue to exist in her head. Thus, she is often found chatting or arguing with her inner voices.

Recently, it has been discovered that Array is actually one of the great Enigmas of the dragons: The Summoner. She able to create Magends (Living Spells) that dwarf even the most powerful of dragon in scale. The elder dragon Exthilion bound Summoner into a human form, stripped her of any memories, and gave her powerful regenerative magic to ensure her survival.
:!: This is Array before unlocking the Summoner personality (in which case, she becomes PL X). She is always found in the company of a duplicate (or two) with advanced combat and/or magical talent.

:!: There have been dozens of different Array duplicates seen throughout the series. Many others are eluded to, but have not been revealed.

:!: Array can make her duplicates/personas of any race or “class” with all of the necessary knowledge and skills (including the ability to use magic). While usually female and of similar personality (for instance: all of the Array personas seem to be equally in love with Tyrant), she has displayed the ability to make male forms with completely different personas (such as the werecheetah Raphael with the use of an external "soul key").

marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Post by marcoasalazarm » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:32 pm

As usual, my man, a damn good conversion.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.