Blade's Builds - Fun with Symbiotes...

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Blade's Builds - Fun with Symbiotes...

Postby Bladewind » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:56 pm

Index of Builds/ Credits

Credit where Credit is due

:arrow: Any image posted by me in any thread is generally used without permission and will be removed or credited to the artist at their sole discretion. No disrespect is intended. If I used your image, it's because I felt that it represented the feel of what I was statting.

The micro heroes I use for some pics (and my avatar) are from Ze Ball Breaker Micro Heros Site
Green Lantern Ring - Ring by Taliesin
Loehann Silverback is taken from the player's Elfwood gallery.
Source of the Pic of Thorion of New Asgard
The picture of Damocles (both PL 10 and 15, of course) is taken directly from MnM 1st Edition.
Johanne Legault is taken from The These New Dark Ages campaign site
Bill's Customs

Strikeforce Morituri Campaign

Morituri Campaign Notes
Morituri Template

Commander Nion

Morituri Characters 1st Generation
Adept
Blackthorne
Marathon
Radian
Snapdragon
Vyking
Morituri Characters 2nd Generation
Scardeycat
Scatterbrain
Toxyn
Morituri Characters 3rd Generation
Backhand
Brava
Hardcase
Shear
Silencer
Wilcard
Morituri Characters 5th Gen
Burn
Lifter
Revenge
Scanner

Elseworlds Builds

Barda Free (JLA: The Nail)
Batman (Sir William) Tangent Universe
Batmancer
Green Lantern - Kal-El
Scott Free (JLA: The Nail)
Kara (Superman vs Aliens)
Superman (Speeding Bullets)
Superman (MoS Annual #5)

Bladeverse Campaign Setting

Barda Free
Batgirl Beyond
Batman (Sir William) Tangent Universe
Blackfire
Cir-El
Corvette
Cythonna
Daredevil
Dr Fate
Euryale
Firefly (Imskian Green Lantern)
Gangbuster
Goldstar
Hawkgirl
Laurel Kent
Liberator Series Android (Bizarro Clone)
Marvel Twins - Marvel Girl
Marvel Twins - Miss Marvel
Masquerade (Nightcrawler/ Mystique/ Wolverine Pastiche)
Morgan Braddock
Nightwing II (Robyn Drake)
Nightwing II (Robyn Drake) version 2.0
Nightwing II (Robyn Drake) version 3.0
Oracle (Chloe Sullivan)
Owlman (Syndicate)
The Penguin
Power Ring (Syndicate)
Power Woman (Syndicate)
Raven
Quick
Savitar
Scirocco
Scott Free
Spiderwoman (Julia Carpenter)
Stalnoivolk
Supergirl
Superman
Starbolt (Kristin Wells)
Synergy
The Cartel
Tomorrow Woman
Ultraman (Syndicate)
Wonder Woman (POS Variant)
Xandarian Energy Matrix (Nova, Firestorm)

DC Comics Builds/ DC Comics Imprints Builds

Dial H for Hero - The H Dial
Harbinger
Harbinger's Orb of History
Jakita Wagner
Scavenger
Superwoman (Kristin Wells)
Tsunami

Marvel Comics Builds

Warwolves
Valkyrie

Amalgam Comics Builds/ Amalgam Style Builds

Speed Demon
Stormfront
Thorion of New Asgard

Other Modelled Builds

Arcee (Transformers 2
Ajax 9/ Jessica 7
Damcoles PL 10
Damocles PL 15
Drider (D&D)
Tinkerbell - Disney
Xenomorph Drone/ Praetor
Xenomorph Queen
Xenomorph Worker

Quasi-Original and Original Builds

Ana Tarasova
Angelique
Atalanta
Breven Lysander
Healer
John Steele
Johanne Legault
Shikome - Human Form
Shikome - Nightmare Form
Shikome - Nightmare Queen Form
Snapjaw
T'Kara
The Cartel

Changeling: The Dreaming Converted Characters

Kubera (Dryad)
Loehann Silverback
Lord of Nevermind and Mortal Agent
Syrinx
Trol
Trol PL 10

Other White Wolf Converted Characters

Clarissa Smythe

Majestic 23/ Bladeverse Stormwatch

(Agent) Ana Tarasova
Chase Manhattan
Faircastle (Diana Castle)
Mouse (Laura Baker)
White Knight (Linda Celenza)
Quick
Spiderwoman (Julia Carpenter)
Synergy

Freedom City Teen Titan Analogues &
Other Freedomverse Characters

Adrianna Eldrich
Gladius
Wonder Twins (Shifter)
Wonder Twins (Downpour)

Cartoon Inspired Builds

Voltron - Five Lions
Voltron - Black Lion part 1
Voltron - Black Lion part 2
Black Lion Gestalt
Voltron - Blue Lion
Voltron - Green Lion
Voltron - Red Lion
Voltron - Yellow Lion
Voltron - Thundercat Lionforce - Black Lion Pilot
Voltron - Thundercat Lionforce - Green Lion Pilot
Voltron - Thundercat Lionforce - Red Lion Pilot
Voltron - Thundercat Lionforce - Blue Lion Pilot
Voltron - Thundercat Lionforce - Yellow Lion Pilot

Mecha Wars

Millenium Falcon Mecha

Misc. Templates/ Archtypes

Inanimae Template
Orion Slave Girl (Star Trek)Template
Vulcan (Star Trek)Template
Last edited by Bladewind on Sun May 16, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 143 times in total.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:57 pm

Oh, joy, Yet ANOTHER character thread.

What’s so special about this one? The answer is, I don’t know yet.

What I’m going for here is not another conversion thread. Many others on these boards – with “stat-fu” far more accomplished than my own – have already done that and continue to do so with flair and grace.

What I‘m going for here is more of the characters in my universe, in games that I have run and concepts for games that I’ve had. The result is a variety of quasi-original characters, second generation characters inspired by my favourite comics, What-if and Elseworlds characters and modelled characters that I don’t think have been done before.

It’s highly possible that some of the statting ideas are borrowed from other people. If you recognize something distinctly your style, please let me know so that I can credit you for it.

To start, I’ll lead off with something that I’ve been trying to stat for (literally) years. I couldn’t find a way in 1st ed that wasn’t abstract and was limited the same way in 2nd Ed. But then I read the container and alternate form power descriptions… Two weeks later and I have nearly half the characters from the series statted.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Morituri Campaign Notes

Postby Bladewind » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:04 pm

Ever since it came out, the Marvel series Strikeforce Morituri has fascinated and intrigued me. The idea of being a superhero and having your powers literally be the death of you... morbid, tragic and altogether interesting.

For those that don't know the series, I suggest a search on Wikipedia or the net. I don't want to use space here to rehash the storyline more than needed, simply to point out the source of my inspiration for almost thirty characters.

So, here are my creation guidelines for a Strikefore Morituri campaign:

The “M” Process (Phase One Powers):

All Characters gain Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Constitution, Protection and the like, per the Morituri Template Excel File.

Some tweaking of this is permissible – thinking of the physically weakest character of Adept – but this should be kept to a minimum.

Although this powerset is technically not lethal to a human being, at the player character’s entry into the campaign timeline, it is assumed that the process cannot be granted without also adding phase two soon after.

Container (Phase Two Powers):

This is a container used to put together the individual powers that the character gains during the process. Characters who do not spend the full allotment of points (a multiple of 5) forfeit those points. Same for the Morituri Effect (see below). As such, it’s possible that the Morituri Effect might have more points allocated than the actual Phase Two powers or vice versa.

The main purpose of the container is to permit a total rewrite of the character’s powers for the Morituri effect if desired.

The power has the Fades flaw with the Total Fade extra. Thus the pool of powers in this container fades with every use. Once the pool reaches zero, the character has an involuntary transform into their Morituri Effect.

Players may take between one and seven (one round to one week) ranks of the Slow Fade feat (and are encouraged to do so!) as this represents the rate of decay of their power point pool. (The actual rank in this feat is subject to GM approval.) For instance, a character without the Slow Fade feat loses a point from the pool for every round that they use the power. (A good example of this is Wildcard…) On the other hand, a character with four ranks can use their power for an hour before losing a point. The application of this feat allows the character to use their powers for the Time Interval before losing another point in their pool. So, a character without the feat loses one point per round. A character with four points can use their powers for an hour. Using the power in he second round won’t cause a point to fade.

Most of the builds I’ve made include two Enhanced Feats: Luck (+1) and Benefit (altered Trade-offs) as part of the Morituri Effect. The purpose is to give the player one last heroic effort and allow them to do things beyond their normal power levels.

It is an acknowledged flaw in this method that expensive builds will last longer. Bearing in mind that characters should be niche oriented, it is pointed out that this system is meant as a book-keeping convenience.

Using Extra Effort is a lesser form of the Morituri Effect, causes the immediate loss of two points from the character’s power point pool and is often accompanied by a glow. This is addition to normal hero point expenditure.

Likewise, the GM may use GM Fiat to remove a point from the character’s pool (much like a complication). This should be done rarely, and only if a player seems to deliberately not use their powers to have staying power in the game.

The Morituri Effect:

The Morituri Effect is an Alternate Power of the Phase Two Powers. Upon reaching zero points in their power point pool, or invoking this power, the character becomes a more powerful version of themselves (per their descriptors) and the character essentially dies.

The character either dies at the end of the scene or once their powers have consumed them (think Adept and Snapdragon respectively…)

Note that the characters are not aware of this and it is essentially a bookkeeping convenience as noted above. All characters who go through the process will die within one year regardless if their powers are exhausted or not. In the comics, Aline’s (Blackthorne’s) death was put off due to GM Fiat/ Story telling needs.

A suggested aspect of the Morituri Effect is an Enhanced Feat (Luck). Having immediate access to a Hero Point fits the concept of the effect and goes a long way to using Extra Effort one last time.

The Morituri Effect can either be one that is directly related to a boost of existing powers (targeting some while eliminating others) or it can be a completely unrelated blast-like effect. Marathon goes up like a nuclear blast whereas he is essentially a brick.

It is assumed that Morituri will explode when they die. However, it is more appropriate to say that their deaths mostly follow their powers. Marathon’s power grows too much for him to contain, Snapdragon explodes in a ball of flame… but Adept simply dies. Other characters die off during the story for reasons unrelated to the Effect. Finally, Backhand summons it. Bottom line, the actual statting of the effect is up to the player, but once accessed, the Morituri Effect alternate power kills the character by the end of the scene.

The four survivors of the Horde War (Scanner, Burn, Lifter, Revenge) eventually do pay off their drawback and are cured of the effect, laying the groundwork for the fist part of the process to become available to the public. They are also pretty much described as Omega-Class mutants – assume that this is the ability to tap the Morituri Effect without dying.

Should your campaign mirror the comics long enough to warrant the introduction of the Morituri Assassins or the Morituri Clones, these will not have access to the Morituri Effect and should be built on a higher point basis.

The Cure

The Cure was a major tenet of the comic series, and likely will become one in a SF:M game should the players go that route. The hope a cure represents and the despair that it’s elusiveness represents are key themes to Morituri.

Attack Bonuses, Feats, etc:

Characters can have higher BaB and Feats that don’t necessarily fit their background (or benchmarks), justifying the increased ability on a side-effect of the process. Marathon, for instance, is a mousy nerd with no real ability to fight. After he goes through the process, he has better reflexes, reaction time and even combat ability…

HP, XP and Character Progression:

Earned Hero Points and Experience Points should transfer from character to character based on the same player.

Hero Points will reset under the general guidelines, but a character who dies mid session and is replaced should have access to the Player’s previous allotment of earned HP.

XP / Power Points that are earned for advancing should be transferred to the next character. If these are used for the 2nd Stage Alternate Form, it is meant to represent the process creating more powerful specimens…

Banning Powers:

Although, as in any game, caution should be excerised with character concepts, the only real thing to remember is that these characters are often niche characters in the vein of the Legion of Superheroes (i.e. one power each). Variable Power should be banned outright as its not in the flavour of the game and players should be reminded that the process is a roulette wheel of sorts – very rarely did powers repeat, if at all. Marathon and Brava, Vyking and Backhand are the only real exceptions to that rule…

Special Items:

Depending on when in the campaign the players are set up, Flight Shoes and other equipment (devices) may be available. It’s at the GM’s discretion if these items need to be paid for with points. (Flight Shoes, considering their advantage, are worked into the Morituri Template.)

Likewise, the uniforms of the individual Morituri contained elements f Protection and the like. It is assumed that the points allocated to the first phase of the process cover this. Should characters want things like Marathon’s shield, Scanner’s armor, Radian’s focusing sleeves and the like, it is to their discretion.[/b]
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:30 pm

Morituri Template

Morituri characters are built on a base of PL 9/ 135 points (although the campaign is set at PL 10/ 150 points). A few characters were built higher because they worked out that way… The following represents a power base common to all characters.

FEATS: Benefit (1) Status (Morituri)

POWERS:
*Flight Shoes (Hard to Lose) [2], (9 pts)
Power Feat - Restricted (Official Use/ Morituri),

*Stage One Powers (Container) [7], (35 points)
*Stage Two Powers (Container), (Variable 5 pts/ rk +2-7 pts),
Extra - Total Fade,
Flaw - Fades,
Power Feat x(1-6) Slow Fade
Alt Power - Morituri Effect,

STAGE ONE POWERS [7], (35 points)
*Enhanced Strength [5],
*Enhanced Constitution [14],
*Impervious Toughness [6],
*Super-Strength [5],

STAGE TWO POWERS
Power Feat x(1-6) Slow Fade

FLIGHT SHOES [2], (10 pts)
*Flight [3],
Power Feat - Subtle x2, ,
Power Feat - Maneuverability x2 (Perfect),

DRAWBACKS:
Involuntary Transform - Morituri Effect (When Time Comes) -1
Vulnerable - Morituri Effect (Lethal) -3

Feats 1 + Powers 46 – Drawbacks -4 = 43-49 points
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:56 pm

Vyking
Real Name Harold C Everson
Identity Public ID
Origin Endowment
Allegiance Padeia
Gender Male
Hair Blonde
Eyes Blue

PL: 10 (150 pp)

ABILITIES:
STR: 17 (+3/+1)
DEX: 10 (0)
CON: 24 (+7/0)
INT: 10 (0)
WIS: 10 (0)
CHA: 13 (+1)

SKILLS:
Bluff 4 (+5),
Climb (+3),
Computers 1 (+1),
Craft: Artistic 6 (+6),
Diplomacy 6 (+7),
Disguise (+1),
Gather Info 4 (+5),
Handle Animal (+1),
Intimidate (+1),
Medicine 1 (+1),
Pilot 2 (+2),
Profession (Writer) 4 (+4),
Swim (+3)

FEATS:
Assessment,
Attack Focus (Ranged) (4),
Attack Specialization (1),
Attractive (1), Benefit (1),
Dedication,
Improved Initiative (1),
Improved Sunder,
Inspire (4),
Leadership,
Set-Up,
Teamwork (4),
Uncanny Dodge,
Well-Informed

POWERS:
*Flight Shoes (Hard to Lose) [2],
Power Feat - Restricted (Official Use/ Morituri), ,

*Stage One Powers (Container) [7],
*Stage Two Powers (Container) [10],
Flaw - Fades, Extra - Total Fade, ,
Power Feat - Slow Fade x(3) (20 minutes), ,
Alt Power - Morituri Effect, ,

STAGE ONE POWERS [7],
*Enhanced Strength [5],
*Super-Strength [5],

STAGE TWO POWERS [10],
*Super-Senses (Detect Life - Limited to Morituri) [4],
- Accurate, Normal Range
Alt Power - Telelocation (Morituri Only - 1 Mile) [4],

*Absorption (Energy) [10],
Boost Effect - Blast [10] - DC:25:tough,
Power Feat - Variable Descriptor (Whatever is absorbed) [3],

*Flight [3],

MORITURI EFFECT [10],
*Aura Damage - (Explosive (Heat/Concussive) [10],
Extra - Penetrating, ,
Extra - Autofire (+1 damage DC per 2 pts above target DC),
Enhanced Feat - Luck (+1), ,
*Super-Senses (Detect Life) [4],
- Accurate, Normal Range,, ,
*Super-Senses (Danger Sense) [1],

FLIGHT SHOES [2],
*Flight [3],
Power Feat - Subtle x2

COMBAT:
Attack 4 [Unarmed +3 (Bruise)]
Defense 13 (11 flat-footed)
Init 4

SAVES:
Toughness 7 (7 flat-footed)
Fortitude 7
Reflex 5
Will 6

DRAWBACKS:
Involuntary Transform - Morituri Effect (When Time Comes)
Vulnerable - Morituri Effect (Lethal)

Abilities 5 +
Skills 5 (20 ranks) +
Feats 23 +
Powers 96 +
Combat 14 +
Saves 11 –
Drawbacks -4 =
150 / 150

:arrow: So the first character I post, and he doesn't fit the PL 9/135. Nice start there Blade...
:arrow: Vyking was the field leader of the first team of Morituri. As the commander of the strikeforce put it, he took to giving orders like a pig took to slop. But was good at it...
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:17 pm

Commander Nion
Concept: Commander, Strikeforce Morituri
Real Name Beth Luis Nion
Origin Endowment
Allegiance Padeia
Motivation Responsibility
Gender Female
Hair Brown/ Grey at temples
Eyes Green
Quote You know what I got? The power to make plants grow.
Occupation Commanding Officer

PL: 9 (135 pp)

ABILITIES:
DEX: 13 (+1)
CON: 27 (+8/+1)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 13 (+1)
CHA: 14 (+2)

SKILLS:
Bluff 8 (+10),
Climb (+3),
Concentration 4 (+5),
Artistic 2 (+3),
Diplomacy 4 (+6),
Disguise (+2),
Escape Artist (+1),
Gather Info 2 (+4),
Handle Animal (+2),
Intimidate 5 (+7),
Behavioral Sciences 6 (+7),
Current Event 3 (+4),
Popular Culture 6 (+7),
Tactics 4 (+5),
Medicine 2 (+3),
Notice 4 (+5),
Acting 5 (+7),
Oratory 3 (+5),
Profession - TV Producer 4 (+5),
Search (+1),
Sense Motive 2 (+3),
Stealth (+1),
Survival 2 (+3),
Swim (+3)

FEATS:
Assessment,
Attack Focus (Ranged) (2),
Benefit (2), (CO Strikeforce Morituri, Security Clearance
Connected,
Contacts,
Dedication,
Improved Aim,
Inspire (3),
Leadership,
Precise Shot (2),
Redirect,
Set-Up,
Teamwork (2),
Well-Informed

POWERS:
*Stage Two Powers (Container) [2],
Flaw - Fades,
Extra - Total Fade, ,
Power Feat x6 (Slow Fade 1/ week), ,

STAGE ONE POWERS [7],
*Enhanced Strength [5],
*Super-Strength [5],

STAGE TWO POWERS [2],
*Plant Control [5],
Drawback - Weakness (Bacteria -4), ,
Alt Power - Transform (Plant to Plant) [5],
*Photosynthesis - Immunity to Starvation) [1],

MORITURI EFFECT [2],
*Enhanced Feat - Luck (+1) [1],
*Plant Control [6],
Drawback - Weakness (Bacteria -4), ,
Alt Power - Transform (Plant to Plant) [5]

COMBAT:
Attack 5 [Unarmed +3 (Bruise)]
Defense 15 (12 flat-footed)
Init 1

SAVES:
Toughness 8 (8 flat-footed)
Fortitude 12
Reflex 4
Will 7

DRAWBACKS:

Abilities 17 + Skills 17 (66 ranks) + Feats 20 + Powers 52 + Combat 20 + Saves 13 – Drawbacks -4 = 135 / 135

:arrow: Yes. It's a picture of Amanda Tapping/ Sam Carter. Used her as the 'casting call' in an earlier attempt to run a Morituri Campaign (there is a tv show based on the strikeforce in the comics so it made some sense). Besides, it's visually appropriate.

:arrow: Nothing spectacular about this build' since she never goes into combat with the field team, I decided against giving her flight shoes

:arrow: Commander Nion always made me chuckle. Here we had someone who administered the Morituri Process to herself because she had a fling with a member of the Black Watch. Presumably this would have been done unsupervised... and yet she came out fine. (Yet, a whole team working on a new generation of Morituri without the presence of Dr Tuolema produces monsters...).

:arrow: From a build standpoint, Nion is a good example of how my version of the Morituri Process works - she doesn't use her powers very often at all and thus survives for quite some time... in the end, it isn't the Morituri Effect that claims her. She becomes riddled with a variety of diseases that spawn due to her ability to cause flora to grow...[/img]
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:24 pm

Blackthorne

Real Name Aline Pagrovna
Motivation Thrills
Gender Female
Age 17
Hair Brown
Eyes Brown
Quote Behold… the next step in Morituri Evolution!

ABILITIES:
STR: 14 (+2/-1)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 22 (+6/-1)
WIS: 13 (+1)
CHA: 11 (0)

SKILLS:
Bluff 2 (+2),
Climb (+2),
Computers 4 (+5),
Concentration (+1),
Diplomacy 2 (+2),
Drive 2 (+4),
Escape Artist (+2),
Current Event 12 (+13),
Popular Culture 12 (+13),
Notice (+1),
Search (+1),
Sense Motive (+1),
Stealth 2 (+4),
Survival (+1),
Swim (+2)

FEATS:
Attack Focus (Melee) (2),
Attack Specialization (3),
Benefit (1),
Critical Strike,
Diehard,
Dodge Focus (4),
Hide in Plain Sight,
Improved Initiative (1),
Set-Up,
Teamwork (2)

POWERS:
*Stage Two Powers (Container) [9],
Flaw - Fades,
Extra - Total Fade, ,
Power Feat x4 (hour), ,

STAGE ONE POWERS [7],
*Enhanced Strength [5],
*Super-Strength [5],

STAGE TWO POWERS [7],
*Corrosion [11] - DC:21:fort,
Feat - Incurable, ,
Feat - Split Attack, ,

MORITURI EFFECT [8],
*Corrosion (Rank 9, assume rank 11 for extra effort) [9] - DC:19:fort,
Extra - Area (Burst - rank x5 ft radius sphere/ hemisphere), ,
Feat - Incurable, , Enhanced Feat - Luck (+2), ,

FLIGHT SHOES [2],
*Flight [3],

COMBAT:
Attack 3 [Unarmed +2 (Bruise), Corrosion (Touch) (+8 attack) 10 ()]
Defense 14 (10 flat-footed)
Init 6

SAVES:
Toughness 6 (6 flat-footed)
Fortitude 6
Reflex 7
Will 6

DRAWBACKS:

Abilities 7 + Skills 9 (36 ranks) + Feats 17 + Powers 90 + Combat 6 + Saves 10 – Drawbacks -4 = 135 / 135

:arrow: Blackthorne had the ability to disolve whatever she touched, breaking bonds, melting locks and the like. We never see her go through the Morituri Process and indeed, she dies off panel.

:arrow: Her skills and feats area result of being a social misfit and nobody before unergoing the process.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:46 am

Adept
Identity: Public ID
Hero/Villain: Hero
Origin: Endowment
Allegiance: Belief System (devout Christian)
Motivation: Goodness
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

PL: 9 (140 pp)

ABILITIES:
STR: 11 (0/-2)
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 26 (+8/+1)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA: 12 (+1)

SKILLS:
Acrobatics (+1),
Bluff (+1),
Computers (+2),
Concentration (+3),
Diplomacy 4 (+5),
Disable Device 8 (+10),
Disguise (+1),
Drive (+1),
Escape Artist (+1),
Gather Info 6 (+7),
Handle Animal (+1),
Intimidate (+1),
Investigate (+2),
Theology and Philosophy 8 (+10),
Medicine (+3),
Notice 5 (+8 ),
Pilot (+1),
Profession (+3),
Ride (+1),
Search (+2),
Sense Motive 5 (+8 ),
Sleight of Hand (+1),
Stealth (+1),
Survival (+3)

FEATS:
Assessment,
Benefit (1), (Status: Member: Strikeforece Morituri)
Dedication,
Defensive Attack,
Dodge Focus (3),
Improved Defense (1),
Set-Up,
Teamwork (2),
Attack Focus (Melee) (1),

POWERS:
*Stage Two Powers (Container) [8],
Flaw - Fades,
Extra - Total Fade, ,
Power Feat: Slow Fadex7 (1/ wk), ,

STAGE ONE POWERS [7],
*Enhanced Strength [5],
*Super-Strength [5],

STAGE TWO POWERS [8],
*Comprehend (Flaw - Distracting) [3],
- Codes, Electronics, Languages (Read/ Understand), ,

*Enhanced Feats [8],
Drawback - Limited to Studied Devices [4],
- Improvised Tools,
- Inventor,
- Jack-of-All-Trades,
- Lightning Calculator (2),
- Luck (3),

*Quickness (25x faster) (Flaw - Limited to Inventions) [4],

*Datalink [1],

*Gadgets (Easy to Lose) [3],
Flaw - Limited (Requires outside material/ must study a device) -0, ,

*Var Feats (Ultimate Effort/ Skill Mastery) [2],

MORITURI EFFECT [8],
*Comprehend (Flaw - Distracting) [3],
- Codes, Electronics, Languages (Read/ Understand), ,

*Enhanced Feats [6], Drawback - Limited to Studied Devices [4],
- Jack-of-All-Trades,
- Lightning Calculator (2),
- Luck (3)

*Datalink [1],

*Var Feats (Limited to Ultimate Effort/ Skill Mastery) [2],

*Var Skills (Limited to Knowledges, Distracting)

[12], FLIGHT SHOES [2],
*Flight [3],

COMBAT:
Attack 2 [Unarmed +0 (Bruise)]
Defense 17 (12 flat-footed)
Init 1

SAVES:
Fortitude 8
Reflex 4
Will 7

DRAWBACKS:

Abilities 12 + Skills 9 (36 ranks) + Feats 12 + Powers 92 + Combat 12 + Saves 7 – Drawbacks -4 = 140 / 140

:arrow: Adept is a total lightweight next to the others - but when a guy like Marathon takes a fancy to you, that's not so much a problem.

:Arrow: Adept's main strength is when faced with an unknown device. She can quickly graps its function and evem reverse engineer it (as demonstrated by theh inventor feat and the gadgets power)

:arrow: Gadgets has a 0 point flaw to it. Adept actually doesn't carry gadgets, she whips them up on occasion...

:Arrow: Adept dies from the Morituri Effect - but she doesn't explode. She simply passes. While in the stages of the Effect, her intelligence borders on Cosmic Awareness. Dying, she explains advanced concepts in science and technology which are recorded by her teammates.

:arrow: She was a fun build, different form the norm.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:58 pm

Character Name Marathon
Real Name Robert Greenbaum
Identity Public ID
Allegiance Padeia
Motivation Revenge
Gender Male
Age 16
Height 9'1"
Weight 479 lbs
Hair Black
Eyes Green
Size Large

Distinctive Features:
By issue 10/11 Robert had used an industrial laser to tatoo the Morituri M over his eyes much like the domino mask worn by characters such as Robin.
Quote Deterrence is not enough. Annilation is enough.
Occupation Soldier

ABILITIES:
STR: 43 (+16/0)
CON: 31 (+10/0)
INT: 10 (0)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 10 (0)

SKILLS:
Climb (+12),
Computers 4 (+4),
Concentration (+1),
Escape Artist (+2),
Intimidate 8 (+8 ),
Life Sciences 4 (+4),
Notice (+1),
Sense Motive (+1),
Stealth (+2),
Survival (+1),
Swim (+12)

FEATS:
Benefit (1), (Status: Morituri)
All-out Attack,
Attack Focus (Melee) (6),
Rage (2),
Critical Strike,
Improved Grab,
Improved Grapple,
Power Attack,
Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Attack)

POWERS:
*Stage Two Powers (Container) [11],
Flaw - Fades,
Extra - Total Fade, ,
Power Feat - Slow Fade x4 (1/ hr), ,

STAGE ONE POWERS [7],
*Enhanced Strength [5],
*Super-Strength [5],

STAGE TWO POWERS [11],
*Growth (Permanent/ Continuous) [5],
Power Feat - Innate, ,
*Super Strength Array (Unstoppable Immovability) [10],
Power Feat - Dynamic [10],
Power Feat - Countering Punch,
Power Feat - Thunderclap, ,
Dynamic Alt Power - Penetrating Strength, ,
Dynamic Alt Power - Penetrating Strength (Lethal), ,
DAP - Sustained Immunity (Lethal/ Non Lethal Phys Dmg), ,
DAP - Sustained Immunity (Lethal/ Non Lethal Energy Dmg), ,
*Immunities - Pressure, Cold, Heat [3],
*Impervious Toughness [5],

MORITURI EFFECT [11],
*Enhanced Feat - Luck (+2) [2],
*Enhanced Feat - Benefit - Altered Trade-Offs [1],
*Penetrating Nuclear Exposion (rk x5 ft) [10],
Flaw - Permanent,
*Surge (Nullify Electronics) [10],
Extra - Linked to Nuclear Blast (+0), ,
Extra - Explosive ,

FLIGHT SHOES [2],
*Flight [3],

COMBAT:
Attack 2 [Unarmed +16 (Bruise)]
+8 melee
Defense 13 (11 flat-footed)
Init 2

SAVES:
Toughness 10 (10 flat-footed)
Fortitude 14
Reflex 2
Will 6

DRAWBACKS:

Abilities 7 +
Skills 4 (16 ranks) +
Feats 15 +
Powers 116 +
Combat 18 +
Saves 9 –
Drawbacks -4
= 165 / 165

Tradeoffs:
Max Toughness 1
Max Defense -7
Max Damage +6

:arrow: Marathon was the original team's first brick. But he wasn't a standard brick. His power grew the more he didn't use it. This seemed to be represented by more growth and muscle mass. I represented this in his dynamic array.

:arrow: Although his growth is permanent, if Marathon isbeing used as a PC, he should start out with 3 active ranks and the other ranks activate/ become permanent as the stroy progresses.

:arrow: Marathon also survives reentry from a Horde ship that he causes to explode. He does this unaided. Hence his dynamic immunities.

:arrow: in various issues, he wears a shield on his arm that he uses to deflect Hordian lasers. This could be represented by equipment giving him the deflect ability.

:arrow: I went more than a little crazy on the trade-offs, but the visual of Marathon sticking his hand into a metal wall on a Horde ship and walking foeforward stuck in my mind so I went with it.

:arrow: the Benefit of Altered Trade-Offs in the Morituri Effect is meant to compensate for any boosted powers that exceed the PL limit.

:arrow: Yes. Marathon gives off a Nuclear Blast when the Effect takes him. He's in a main Horde ship somewhere near Jupiter, and his death takes out the ship.

:idea: Update 2008/02/19 Made his trade-offs far more reasonable, reduced his PL and PP to 10/150 and almost completely reworked his stage two powers. I call his Immovability Array a "Super-Strength Array" mostly because of the alt powers I put therein.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:39 pm

Radian
Real Name Louis Armanetti
Identity Public ID
Origin Endowment
Allegiance Padeia
Gender Male
Hair Black
Eyes Blue
Quote All right dirtbags, who dies next?

ABILITIES:
DEX: 15 (+2)
CON: 26 (+8/+1)
WIS: 14 (+2)
CHA: 14 (+2)

SKILLS:
Bluff 8 (+10),
Climb (+3),
Concentration (+2),
Diplomacy 10 (+12),
Disguise (+2),
Escape Artist (+2),
Gather Info 6 (+8 ),
Handle Animal (+2),
Intimidate 2 (+4),
Investigate 2 (+3),
Medicine 1 (+3),
Notice 2 (+4),
Pilot 4 (+6),
Search 1 (+2),
Sense Motive (+2),
Stealth (+2),
Survival 4 (+6),
Swim (+3)

FEATS:
Attack Focus (Ranged) (4),
Attractive (1),
Benefit (1),
Dedication,
Dodge Focus (2),
Improved Initiative (1),
Inspire (3),
Leadership,
Set-Up,
Teamwork (3)

POWERS:
*Stage Two Powers (Container) [7],
Flaw - Fades,
Extra - Total Fade, ,
1Power Feat Slow Fadex5 (5 hours), ,

STAGE ONE POWERS [7],
*Enhanced Strength [5],
*Super-Strength [5],

STAGE TWO POWERS [7],
*Microwave Control (Dazzle) - All Visual [10] - DC:20:fort,
Power Feat - Dynamic, ,
Drawback - Unreliable (-3), ,
DAP - Radio Jamming (rk x5 obscure vs radio), ,
DAP - Microwave Burst (Rank x5' stun) [9] - DC:19:fort,
DAP - Surge (Nullify Electronics) [9] - DC:24:tough,
Alt Power - Microwave Beams (Fort Dmg = 2/3 rk) [6] - DC:16:fort,
Alt Power - Radio Communication (20k miles) [9],
DAP - Radio Burst (Dazzle Radio Sense) [9],
DAP - Light Control, ,
DAP - Nauseate [9] - DC:19:fort,
Alt Power - Penetrating Blast, requires external flame source [9] - DC:24:tough,
*Super Sense (Infravision, Ultravision) [2],

MORITURI EFFECT [8],
*Enhanced Feat - Luck (+1), ,
*Microwave Burst [10] - DC:25:tough,
*Linked Radio Communication (1 mile) [4],

DEVICE - FOCUSING SLEEVES - HARD TO LOSE [1],
*Unreliable Buy-Off [3],
*Super Senses - Radio Hearing, Microwave Awareness [2],

FLIGHT SHOES [2],
*Flight [3],

COMBAT:
Attack 5 [Unarmed +3 (Bruise)]
Defense 15 (11 flat-footed)
Init 6

SAVES:
Fortitude 8
Reflex 2
Will 6

DRAWBACKS:

Abilities 19 +
Skills 8 (32 ranks) +
Feats 18 +
Powers 89 +
Combat 16 +
Saves 4 –
Drawbacks -4
= 150 / 150

:arrow: Radian never quite goes through the Morituri Process, so his effect is another of those extrapolated ones... I tacked in the Rafopi Communication burst as I felt it would be suitable for the story for every radio in range to suddenly hear his death throws...

:arrow: Radian's focusing sleeves serve one real purpose - to move some of the cost of his powers out of his array. They really aren't good for much else even though he needs them in the comics. I like the way they turn out here.

:arrow: in the comics, Radian and Snapdragon team up and lay the smack-down on the Horde with a combined attack of his EM radiation and her plasma. Radian later uses a plasma welder for a similiar effect. Hence the penetrating blast with the 'requires outside flame' flaw...

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Snapdragon
Real Name Lorna Raeburn
Identity Public ID
Origin Endowment
Allegiance Padeia
Gender Female
Hair REddish Blonde
Eyes Green
Quote Wow What a surge !

ABILITIES:
STR: 15 (+2/0)
DEX: 15 (+2)
CON: 25 (+7/0)
INT: 13 (+1)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 15 (+2)

SKILLS:
Bluff 14 (+16),
Climb (+2),
Concentration (+1),
Diplomacy 10 (+12),
Disguise (+2),
Escape Artist (+2),
Gather Info (+2),
Handle Animal (+2),
Intimidate (+2),
Knowledge Current Event 4 (+5),
Knowledge Popular Culture 4 (+5),
Notice (+1),
Search (+1),
Sense Motive (+1),
Stealth (+2),
Survival (+1),
Swim (+2)

FEATS:
Attack Focus (Melee) (3),
Attack Specialization (1),
Attractive (2),
Benefit (1),
Defensive Attack,
Power Attack,
Set-Up,
Teamwork (2)

POWERS:
*Stage Two Powers (Container) [7],
Flaw - Fades,
Extra - Total Fade, ,
1Power Feat Slow Fadex2 (minutes), ,

STAGE ONE POWERS [7],
*Enhanced Strength [5],
*Super-Strength [5],

STAGE TWO POWERS [7],
*Touch Range Plasma Control [10] - DC:25:tough,
Extra - Secondary Effect (Burn), ,
Alt Power - Disintegrate [5] - DC:20:tough,
Alt Power - Melt [10] - DC:25:tough,
Power Feat - Incurable, ,
Power Feat - Accurate (+2 attack rolls), ,
*Immunity - Heat [1],

MORITURI EFFECT [7],
*Blast - Plasma [8] - DC:23:tough,
Extra - Penetrating, ,
Extra - Secondary Effect (Burn), ,
Extra - Burst (40 ft radius), ,
Enhanced Feat - Luck (+1), ,

FLIGHT SHOES [2],
*Flight [3],

COMBAT:
Attack 3 [Unarmed +2 (Bruise)]
Defense 15 (12 flat-footed)
Init 2

SAVES:
Toughness 7 (7 flat-footed)
Fortitude 7
Reflex 5
Will 7

DRAWBACKS:

Abilities 16 +
Skills 4 (16 ranks) +
Feats 12 +
Powers 82 +
Combat 16 +
Saves 9 –
Drawbacks -4 = 135 / 135

:arrow: Lorna is the first of the first gen to sucum to the effect and she runs to the edge of the panel to die off. Sadly, the fight's pver when she goes down so her death is all but pointless...

:arrow: Lorna generates plasma blast but doesn't seem to have range in the comic until assisted by Radian, and they do a lighter and an aerosol can effect against the Horde...

:arrow: Lorna was originally done as a Blaster but the Blaster quickly became the fifth generation character Burn.

:arrow: Unlike Radian, Snapdragon's focusing sleeves appear to be mostly ornamental.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:47 pm

Character Name Batmancer

PL: 11 (165 pp)
Concept Alternate Era Batman - Based on League of Justice Batman
Real Name Bruce Wayne
Identity Secret ID
Hero/Villain Hero
Origin Training
Allegiance Cause
Motivation Responsibility

Gender Male
Age 27
Height 6'1"
Weight 201 lbs
Hair Black
Eyes Blue
Size Medium

Quote My city awaits… and her dark embrace is seldom devoid of peril.

ABILITIES:
STR: 16 (+3)
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 18 (+4)
INT: 16 (+3)
CHA: 12 (+1)

SKILLS:
Acrobatics 6 (+10),
Bluff 8 (+ 9),
Climb (+ 3),
Concentration 2 (+ 4),
Chemical 10 (+13),
Diplomacy 2 (+ 3),
Disable Device 2 (+ 5),
Disguise (+ 1),
Escape Artist (+ 4),
Gather Info (+ 1),
Handle Animal (+1),
Intimidate 7 (+ 8 ),
Investigate 4 (+ 7),
Arcane Lore 4 (+ 7),
Physical Sciences 4 (+ 7),
Notice (+ 2),
Ride 1 (+ 5),
Search 5 (+ 8 ),
Sense Motive (+ 2),
Sleight of Hand 5 (+ 9),
Stealth (+ 4),
Survival (+ 2),
Swim (+ 3)

FEATS
All-out Attack Reduce defense bonus to increase attack bonus
Artificer Use Arcane Lore/ Craft to create magic items
Assessment Know a subject's relative offensive and defensive ability
Attack Focus (Melee)) +5 bonus to melee attack rolls
Dodge Focus +3 dodge bonus
Endurance +4 bonus on checks requiring endurance or stamina
Equipment (+3) 15 points worth of equipment Underground Lair (HQ)
Evasion (+2) Suffer no damage from attacks allowing a Reflex save
Favored Opponent (+2) +2 damage vs Zombies
Improved Initiative +8 bonus on initiative checks
Instant Up Stand up as a free action
Interpose Trade places with an adjacent ally subject to attack
Inventor Can create temporary devices
Luck +2 hero points
Master Plan Bonus in situations when you have a chance to plan
Minions (+2) Zombie Alfred (30 pp)
Power Attack Reduce attack bonus to increase damage bonus
Ritualist Can create and cast arcane rituals
Sneak Attack +4 damage when you surprise attack an opponent
Well-Informed Gather Information check when meeting someone

POWERS:
*Device - Hard to Lose - Cloak of the Bat 5],
*Device - Easy to Lose - Utility Belt 5],

*Variable Feats 1], Flaw - Limited to Ulitmate Effort, ,

UTILITY BELT 5],
Bolos (Snare 8 ) 8] – DC:18:ref,
Explosives (Blast 8 ) 8] - DC:23:tough,
Pepper Spray (Visual Dazzle/ Stun 5 - 2 Reflex Saves) 5] - DC:15:ref,
Spiked Gauntlets/ Batarangs (Mighty Strike 4/ Blast 5) 5] - DC:20:tough,
Sleep Gas Pellets (40 ft area sleep effect) 5] - DC:15:fort,
Smoke Pellets (Total Concealment except X-Ray vision) 10],
Stun Pellets - (Stun 8 ) 8] - DC:18:fort,
Tear Gas Pellets (Visual Dazzle 6, Nauseate 5) 6] - DC:16:fort,
Flash Bang Grenade - Dazzle (Blind/Deaf 8 ) 2 saves 8],
Super-Movement (Swinging)/ Leaping 4 4],

CLOAK OF THE BAT 5],
Morph (One Alternate Form - Bat) 1],
Shrink (Linked to Morph) 8],
Flight 2 (Batform)/ Flight 1 (Humanoid - Gliding only) 2],
Super-Senses - Sonar (Auditory Blindsight) 4],
Super-Senses - Direction Sense 1],
Protection 6],
Enhanced Dex (Batform Only) 6]

CLOAK OF THE BAT 5],
Morph (One Alternate Form - Bat) 1],
Shrink (Linked to Morph) 8],
Flight 2 (Batform)/ Flight 1 (Humanoid - Gliding only) 2],
Super-Senses - Sonar (Auditory Blindsight) 4],
Super-Senses - Direction Sense 1],
Protection 6],
Enhanced Dex (Batform Only) 6]

COMBAT:
Attack 6 Unarmed +3 (Bruise)]
Defense 17 (12 flat-footed)

Init 12

SAVES:
Toughness 10 (10 flat-footed)
Fortitude 10
Reflex 11
Will 12

DRAWBACKS:

COMPLICATIONS
Enemy – Griever (Joker variant)
Responsibility – Innocent Citizens of Goth

POINT ALLOCATION
Abilities 34 +
Skills 13 (52 ranks) +
Feats 37 +
Powers 38 +
Combat 20 +
Saves 23 –
Drawbacks 0 =
165 / 165

Design Notes

:arrow: Reposted from Thorpacolypse's thread where I frist posted this character, I figured it was time fopr a brak from the Morituri now that the first generation is posted.

:arrow: In the comic “League of Justice” (an Elseworlds JLA) Batmancer is the League’s Batman. I’ve presumed a similar origin, although I imagine that it was a sorcerer or necromancer killed the Waynes based on story context

:arrow: We see Bats transform once or twice into a bat in the story. Although the origins of this power are not explained. We see him in daylight so I doubt he’s intended to be a vampire. For simplicity, I rolled this power into his cloak.

:arrow: I have no real reason for having made the utility belt into a device instead of equipment

:arrow: Note that technically, his equipment pool is 2 EP short of an Underground Lair as detailed in the core rulebook. I assume that there is no Computer and could easily shave a point from somewhere else.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:14 pm

Image Image

Code: Select all

Kara (Eventually meant to take the name Huntress and the female Nightwing costume)

You may feel good about being a saint… but I'm out to win a war.

Character Name        Kara
Concept               "Kara" from Superman vs Aliens
Real Name             Kara
Identity              Secret ID
Hero/Villain          Hero
Origin                Alien
Allegiance           
Motivation            Revenge/ Acceptance
Gender                Female
Age                   21
Height                5'7"
Weight                155 lbs
Hair                  Blonde
Eyes                  Blue

Size                  Medium

Occupation            Hunter, Trouble Shooter
1st Appearance        Superman vs Aliens
Nationality           Odilian
Ethnicity             Kryptonian

PL:                   10  (228 pp)

ABILITIES:
STR: 18 (+4/0) 
CON: 26 (+8/+3)   
CHA: 11 (0)

SKILLS: 
Acrobatics         (+ 2),
Bluff            1 (+ 1),
Climb              (+ 4),
Computers        3 (+ 4),
Concentration    1 (+ 3),
Mechanical         (+ 1),
Disable Device   3 (+ 4),
Disguise         4 (+ 4),
Drive              (+ 2),
Escape Artist    3 (+ 5),
Gather Info      5 (+ 5),
Intimidate       4 (+ 4),
Investigate      3 (+ 4),
Streetwise       2 (+ 3),
Knowledge:
 - Tactics       4 (+ 5),
 - Xenomorphs    5 (+ 6),
 - Technology      (+ 1),
Medicine         2 (+ 4),
Notice           5 (+ 7),
Pilot            4 (+ 6),
Profession         (+ 2),
Ride               (+ 2),
Search           4 (+ 5),
Sense Motive     4 (+ 6),
Sleight of Hand    (+ 2),
Stealth          9 (+11),
Survival         6 (+ 8),
Swim               (+ 4)

FEATS: 
Assessment             
Attack Focus (Ranged)   
Diehard                 
Dodge Focus (+3)       
Eidetic Memory         
Elusive Target         
Equipment (+1)          5  pts of equip (Forearm Computer, Audio Recorder)
Equipment (+10)         50 pts of equip (Spacecraft)
Favored Opponent (+1)   +1 damage bonus against xenomorphs
Fearless               
Improved Initiative (+2)
Jack-of-all-Trades     
Quick Change (+)       

POWERS: 
*Variable Array (Super Senses) [4],
 Flaw - Concentration, ,
 Alt Power - Telelocation [9],

*Adaptation [3],

*Enhanced Strength [8],

*Super-Strength [4],
 Power Feat - Dynamic, ,
 Dynamic Alt Power - Flight [4],
Dynamic Alt Powers- Quickness-Speed [4],

*Enhanced Constitution [10],

*Comprehend (Speak/ Understand any language) [2],
 Flaw - Limited: Must touch a native speaker while speaking language to learn

*Features - Mimic animal Sounds (+10 Bluff) [1],

*Morph - One alternate humanoid form [1],

DEVICES (HARD TO LOSE) [16],
*SHOULDER CANNON (Blast - Heat) [8],
Improved Aim        Double normal aiming bonuses
Precise Shot (+2)   Ignores concealment unless total cover

*WRIST BLADES
(Strike) [5],
 Power Feat - Mighty, ,
 Immunity: Acid [1],

*CONCEALMENT FIELD (All Visual) [5],
 Flaws: Blending, Not vs. Ultraviolet, ,

*NET (Snare) [7],
 Extras: Damaging, Constrticting//
 Feat: Tether, ,

*HELMET (Super-Senses) [3], -
 Extend Sight,
 Hearing,
 Distance Sense,
 Dark Vision, , -
 Commlink (Ship),
 Low Light Vision, ,

*HELMET (Immunities) [7], -
 Suffocation,
 Dazzle (light),
 Drowning, ,

*SMART DISC (Blast) [8],
 Power Feat – Homing, ,
 Extra - Penetrating, ,
 AP: Mighty Penetrating Strike,

COMBAT: 
Attack    7  [Unarmed +4 (Bruise)]   
Defense  18 (12 flat-footed)   
Init     10

SAVES: 
Toughness    8 (8 flat-footed) 
Fortitude   14 
Reflex      12 
Will         6

DRAWBACKS: 
Fade - Powers Fade in Presence of a Red Sun [Freq DC 10] [Sev DC 15],
Weakness - Kryptonite Derivitive (-1 Con/ rnd) [Freq DC 5] [Sev DC 15]

SPACE CRAFT   
Size                 Gargantuan - 50' long
Toughness            11
Power – Flight       Rk 11 - 25K MPH
Pwr - Space Travel   25x speed of Light
Power – Sensors      Detect Life, Technology, Commlink,
Power - Force Field  Protection 10
Power – Cloak        Concealment 10
Strength             Strength 45
Defense              Defense 6

POINT ALLOCATION
Abilities      17  + 
Skills         17 (68 ranks)  + 
Feats          75  + 
Powers         84  + 
Combat         24  + 
Saves          20  – 
Drawbacks       9 =
              228 / 228

Design Notes:
:arrow: Voila, Superman-Lite ! I suppose that with time and experience (points) she might be brought up to his level.

:arrow: The idea here is a Kryptonian-Class character that hasn’t soaked up truckloads of solar energy and whose powers are slightly different – almost more in keeping with some of the original powers Superman possessed I suppose. The Morph is functionally part of her adaptation powers but I purchased it separately to make it constantly available.

:arrow: This character is meant as an extrapolation on the character presented in the first Superman vs Alien comic series. In my mind, Superman's power loss is due to the dying city being in close proximity to a Red Sun and not simply far from a yellow one. This same proximity prevented the citizens of Argo from developping powers that might enable them to defeat the alien xenomorphs.

:arrow: Huntress is 78 points over a PL 10/ 150. Considering 10 pts for her Space Ship and 68 points for her Predator Equipment, I can live with the extra points.

:arrow: The variable array for super-senses is handled as written in Ultimate Power with the exception that certain senses that require additional ranks instead require the Progression Power Feat, allowing the character to have senses that technically outrank her score in this power (such as extended senses) without allowing access to some of the more high cost senses.

:arrow: Speed and Quickness are arrayed into the same alt power as the array gives two points per rank and each power costs 1 point per rank.

:arrow: Cap-wise she doesn’t hit PL 10 except in her ranged attacks. Her favoured-opponent puts her at PL 11 but given that the xenomorphs feature in her intro story and probably never come up again (if she survives the story) I’ll let that slide.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:07 pm

:idea: Update 2008/02/19

Made Marathon's trade-offs far more reasonable, reduced his PL and PP to 10/150 and almost completely reworked his stage two powers.

I call his Immovability Array a "Super-Strength Array" mostly because of the alt powers I put therein.

Now he's play legal, and more interesting IMNSHO.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:47 pm

MORGAN BRADDOCK
Concept Meggan's Son
Real Name Morgan Braddock
Identity Secret ID
Origin Mutant
Gender Male
Age 16
Height 5'11"
Weight 174 lbs
Hair Blonde
Eyes Brown
Size Medium
Quote No worries mate... a physical trail is one I c'n follow.
Occupation Super Hero, Student

ABILITIES:
STR: 20 (+5/+1)
DEX: 13 (+1)
CON: 18 (+4)
CHA: 13 (+1)

SKILLS:
Bluff (+1),
Climb (+5),
Concentration (+2),
Diplomacy (+1),
Disguise 10 (+11),
Escape Artist (+1),
Gather Info (+1),
Handle Animal 7 (+8 ),
Intimidate 2 (+3),
Knowledge Popular Culture 2 (+3),
Knowledge Life Sciences 4 (+5),
Knowledge Physical Sciences 4 (+5),
Knowledge Theology and Philosophy 1 (+2),
Medicine 6 (+8 ),
Notice 5 (+7),
Profession 2 (+4),
Search (+1),
Sense Motive (+2),
Stealth 5 (+6),
Survival 6 (+8 ),
Swim (+5)

FEATS:
Ambidexterity,
Animal Empathy,
Attack Focus (Melee) (1),
Attack Focus (Ranged) (2),
Attractive (1), Endurance (1),
Improved Initiative (1),
Track

POWERS:
*Morph - Humanoid Shapes [2],

*Variable Array - Super Senses [3],
Extra - Linked to Morph, ,
Flaw - must morph to use them (Noticable +0), ,
Flaw - Concentration, ,
Alt Power - Telelocation [8],

*Comprehend - Speak/ Understand all Animals [2],

*Adaptation [2],
Flaw - Noticeable (linked to Morph), ,

*Immunity - Aging [1],

*Supermovement (Trackless, Sure Footed x2, ) [3],

*Boost - Enhanced Strength (8 rounds) [8],
Power Feat - Total Fade, ,
Flaw - Self only, ,
Alt Power - Boost - Strike (PF - Split Attack) [7],
Alt Power - Boost - Blast (Eldritch Energy) [8],

*Flight [6],
Free Alt Power - Swimming (100 mph), ,
Power Feat - Dynamic, ,
Dynamic Alt Power - Super-Strength [6]

COMBAT:
Attack 6 [Unarmed +5 (Bruise)]
Defense 20 (15 flat-footed)
Init 5

SAVES:
Toughness 4 (4 flat-footed)
Fortitude 13
Reflex 8
Will 7

DRAWBACKS:
Involuntary Transform - Morph affected by strong emotions

Abilities 22 +
Skills 11 (44 ranks) +
Feats 9 +
Powers 61 +
Combat 32 +
Saves 21 –
Drawbacks -6 = 150 / 150

Physical Description:
All around surfer dude - that's the form that Morgan Braddock wears. Long blonde hair, good looks… he has it all. What he doesn’t know is that his 'true form' is actualy more like that of Nightcrawler, replete with three fingers per limb, indigo skin and jet black hair - save that it's also in the vein of Meggan's true form - tall, lithe and otherworldly...

Background:
Morgan Braddock is the son of Meggan Braddock, wife of one of Earth's Champions. Her husband, Brian, was chosen by Mary Batson (the Sorceress of Eternity) to act as the Champion on Earth for a time and when he retired, Meggan felt that at last her life would have some semblance of normalcy.

However, normalcy is not a word that those of Fae origin are often able to use. Meggan's son, for instance, displayed the very same powers as his mother and at an equally early age. Determined that he would have a better childhood than she, Meggan raised her son to appreciate learning life while exploring the full extent of his abilities

Fate, it seems, had different plans, for Meggan's spirit was moved to journey to the Fae Realms, and she was forced to leave her son behind. Brian's sister vowed to help raise the child and together Betsy and Brian Braddock raised Morgan…

Only Psylocke and Shadowcat remain that know the truth about both Meggan's disappearance and Morgan's true father… One moment of weakness, one night of passion, and a lifetime of secrets began for Meggan and Nightcrawler. Brian never learned the truth, nor did Nightcrawler.

Meggan's empathic abilities imprinted a more human looking form on Morgan. Essentially imprinted with an image of the 'beautiful child' that Meggan and Brian might have had, he hardly knows what his true form would be.

Morgan longs to find his mother, and seeks clues to her whereabouts and every opportunity. He wants to know the truth about his past, wants to know why his mother fled - for he inherited a good portion of his mother's empathy and he knows that his aunt is hiding something...

Design Notes
:arrow: This build was more an excuse to make a Meggan build than anything else. That and I felt that her and Nightcrawler made a better couple than Meggan and Cap...

:arrow: I admit, he's more PL 8/150, but that's a convention I use where I still prefer to have PL equal Power Points divided by 15. (At least, that's what I tell myself...)

Return to “Roll Call”