JD's 2E Archives

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:50 pm

Works for me. good stuff as allways

=^_^=m
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Godfallen
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Godfallen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:05 am

you know Josh...with builds like this, your gonna end up being the only MnM statter to be at Carnegie Hall....their just flat impressive...and so true to character.
whatever doesn't kill you....makes you stranger

Thunderstrike
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Thunderstrike » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:57 am

How could you put Gollum next to Samwise? Smeagol hates the Fat Hobbitzzzzz :D

Plus Smeagol should have a complication that he hates cooked food! :shock:
"HA! A natural 20! That means I win. You can fall down now. What? Are you 4th edition?" - Richard the Warlock from Looking for Group Webcomic

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:52 am

He's there so Sam can keep an eye on him! 8)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:58 am

Libra wrote:He's there so Sam can keep an eye on him! 8)
Exactly ;) Merry and Pippin should be up to day, unless i get to caught up in World of Warcraft Online. Which i just downloaded today.

Thunderstrike
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Thunderstrike » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:23 am

JoshuaDunlow wrote:
Exactly ;) Merry and Pippin should be up to day, unless i get to caught up in World of Warcraft Online. Which i just downloaded today.
What's wrong with City of Heroes?!?! :D
"HA! A natural 20! That means I win. You can fall down now. What? Are you 4th edition?" - Richard the Warlock from Looking for Group Webcomic

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:31 am

Thunderstrike wrote:
JoshuaDunlow wrote:
What's wrong with City of Heroes?!?! :D
Hmm.. another game to try and download! 8)

Godfallen
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Godfallen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:09 pm

WoW away, my good man....WoW away....then relize that CoH is what your basically playing anyway and switch.
whatever doesn't kill you....makes you stranger

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:57 pm

Meriadoc "Merry" Brandybuck, Race: Hobbit, Power Level: 6 (86pp), Concept: Traveller , Marital Status: Single, Place of Residence: Hobbiton, Family: Saradoc Brandybuck (father), Esmeralda Took (mother). Trade Offs: -1 Attack, +1 damage

Abilities [25pp]: Strength 12 (+1), Dexterity 14 (+2), Constitution 12 (+1), Intelligence 16 (+3), Wisdom 16 (+3), Charisma 14 (+2)
Saves [8pp]: Toughness +2/+5, Fortitude 2 (+3), Reflexes 4 (+6), Willpower 2 (+5)
Combat [16pp]: Base Attack +4 (+5 in Melee), Base Defense +4 (+2 flatfooted), Initiative +2, Grapple +3, Knockback -1, Hero points 2
Attack (dc): Unarmed, Dunedain Dagger (+3/+7 against wraiths; 18-20 critical)
Skills [11pp]: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Bluff 5 (+7), Craft: Cartography 5 (+8), Diplomacy 2 (+4), Knowledge: Geography 2 (+5), Knowledge: Nobility 1 (+4), Knowledge: Geneaology 3 (+6), Knowledge: Rohirin 2 (+5), Knowledge: Shire 5 (+8), Notice 8 (+11), Pilot: Boats 4 ( +6), Ride: Horse 1 (+3), Search 5 (+8), Stealth 5 (+7/+8), Survival 3 (+5), Swimming 2 (+2)
Feats [7pp]: Attack Focus (melee) 1, Benefit 2 (wealth, status), Defensive Roll 1, Luck 1), Inspire, Leadership, Second Chance 1 (resist the taint of darkness)
Powers [9pp]:
Hobbit Physiology Power Suite (10pp)
- "Small Size" Shrinking 1 [PF: Innate; Flaws: Permanent; (-1 str, +1 stealth, -1 grapple, -1 intimidate)] *
- "Shadow Resistance" Feature 3 [PF: Innate; +6 save against the powers of the shadow]
- "Agile" Enhanced Dexterity +2 [PF: Innate]
Devices [10pp]:
Dunedain Dagger 2 [easy to remove]
-Strike 2 [Power Feats: Mighty, Favored Opponent [Wraith] 4, ]Improved Critical 2; Extras: Penetrating 6; Flaws: Limited (penetrating only against servants of the shadow)]
Elven Cloak 1 [Hard to Remove]
--Concealment 2 [Normal sight; Power Feats: Close Range, Subtle; Flaws: Blending]
Drawbacks []: None
Equipment [Wealth Bonus +8]: Pipe, Tobacco, [Chain Mail (+3), Small Green Shield, when he rides to war with Theoden], Silver belt (gift from galadriel)
Complications: Inquisitive

*Size reflects after drinking the Ent Draught.

Interestingly enough Merry, despite the movie is the most intelligent and perceptive person in of the hobbits. And has the potential to be a very good leader, this build like most of the others attempts to go by the book (as seen as the force behind the conspiracy, to protect frodo's secret ). Not the movie. His dagger is specifically designed to fight the witch king of Angmar, as is his role to fulfill that prophecy. He's also a better fighter than frodo and sam, considering his action with theoden.
Last edited by JoshuaDunlow on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Peregrin "Pippin" Took, Race: Hobbit, Power Level: 5 (61pp), Concept: ?, Marital Status: Single, Place of Residence: Hobbiton, Family: Paladin Took (father), Eglantine Banks (mother), Pearl Took (sister), Pimpernel Took (sister), Pervinca Took (sister),

Abilities [9pp]: Strength 11 (+0), Dexterity 16 (+3), Constitution 12 (+1), Intelligence 9 (-1), Wisdom 8 (-1), Charisma 12 (+1)
Saves [8pp]: Toughness +3/+5, Fortitude 2 (+3), Reflexes 5 (+8), Willpower 1 (+0)
Combat [14pp]: Base Attack +3 (+4 Melee), Base Defense +4 (+2 flatfooted), Initiative, Grapple, Knockback, Hero points 2
Attack (dc): Unarmed 0, Dunedain Dagger (+2, 18-20 critical)
Skills [8pp]: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Bluff 5 (+6), Diplomacy 3 (+4), Escape Bonds 1 (+4), Knowledge: Geneaology 3 (+2), Knowledge: Shire 3 (+2), Notice 4 (-3), Perform: Dance 1 (+2), Perform: Sing 1 (+2), Search 1 (+0), Stealth 7 (+10), Sleight of Hand 7 (+10)
Feats [5pp]: Attack Focus (Melee) 1, Defensive Roll 2, Luck 1, Second Chance 1 (Resisting the taint of the darkness)
Powers [10pp]:
Hobbit Physiology Power Suite (10pp)
- "Small Size" Shrinking 1 [PF: Innate; Flaws: Permanent; (-1 str, +1 stealth, -1 grapple, -1 intimidate)]
- "Shadow Resistance" Feature 3 [PF: Innate; +6 save against the powers of the shadow]
- "Agile" Enhanced Dexterity +2 [PF: Innate]
- Speed 1 [Flaws: Tiring]
Devices [7pp]:
Duedain daggers 1 [easy to remove]
-Strike 2 [Power Feats: Mighty; Improved Critical 2; Extras: Penetrating 3; Flaws: Limited (penetrating only against servants of the shadow)]
--Concealment 2 [Normal sight; Power Feats: Close Range, Subtle; Flaws: Blending]
Drawbacks []: None
Equipment [Wealth Bonus +8]: Pipe, Weed, Pack, Child Sized Armor (+2 toughness, during his time as a citadel guard), Small Silver Belt
Complications: Thoughtless

*Size Reflects after drinking the Ent Draught.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:23 am

Aaaah, my favourite pair of rascally hobbits.

Keep up the good work Joshua. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:34 am

Riddick gets a rewrite, as i looked back to see i wanted to take a different way with him. And i could cut down on his combat manuevers. I trimmed 9 power points this way, in the end. Added a few extras into feats and skills mostly. And just dropped the Furyan Wrath all together (the energy burst he performs in the 3rd movie; i consider this movie fluff in all honesty). I figured Split attack could become a regular feat for take, if you specified a specific weapon with it.

Riddick, Richard B., Race: Human (Furyan), Concept: Criminal, Ex Military, Power Level: 8 (144pp), Marital Status: Single, Place of Birth: Furya, Family: Unrevealed (massacred), Age: 29 , Height: 6'0", Weight: 215 lbs, Eyes: Silvery Shine, Hair: Brown, but prefers bald; Allegiances: Himself, Motivations: Survival, Goals: Unrevealed

Abilities [36pp]: Strength 18 (+4), Dexterity 16 (+3), Constitution 20 (+5), Intelligence 12 (+1), Wisdom 18 (+4), Charisma 14(+2)
Saves [13pp]: Toughness +5/+8 Defensive Roll, Fortitude +10, Reflexes +10, Willpower +7
Combat [24pp]: Base Attack +6 [+2 in dark environments], Base Defense +6 [+3 Flatfooted], Initiative +7, Grapple +11, Knockback -2/-4, Hero Points 1
Attack (dc): Punch (+5), Dagger (+6, +8 bonus on a sneak attack; 17-20 critical), Hand Gun (+4 damage)
Skills [23pp]: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Concentration 5 (+9), Bluff 5 (+7), Climb 6 (+11), Drive 2 (+5), Gather Information 4 (+6), Handle Animals 4 (+6), Intimidate 10 (+12), Knowledge (Civics) 2 (+3), Knowledge (Life Sciences) 4 (+5), Knowledge (Streetwise) 6 (+7), Knowledge (Tactics) 3(+4), Medicine 1 (+5), Notice 8 (+10), Pilot 7 (+10), Search 7(+8), Stealth 7(+10), Survival 6 (+10), Swim 3 (+8)
Feats [33pp]: All out Attack, Ambidexterity, Assessment, Benefit (Status-Wanted Criminal) 1, Defensive Roll 3, Die Hard, Elusive Target, Equipment 3, Favored Environment (Darkness) 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Pin, Instant Up, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Renown 3, Sneak Attack 2, Startle, Takedown Attack, Taunt, Throwing Mastery 2, Uncanny Dodge 2 (Sight, Hearing)
Powers [23pp]:
Eyeshine [Super Sense 1 (Nightvision)]
Furyan Abilities Power Suite [8 pp]:
-Nerves of Steel [Enhanced Feats: Fearless ]
-Predatory Kinship [Enhanced Feats: Animal Empathy & Enhanced Charisma 8 (Limited: Only with Predatory Animals)]
-Furyan Physiology [Super Strength 1]
Combat Training Power Suite[14pp]:
-Knife Fighter [Enhanced Feats: Improved Critical 2 (knives), Split Attack (Knives)]
--Riddick is a monster in melee when it comes to using knives.
-The Sweet Spot [Penetrating Damage 7 (Flaws: Requires a melee weapon of some kind)]
--Riddicks use of weaponry, allows him to penetrate armor's weakness or a persons body. Ie, death by tea cup. That sweet spot, or just using his knives to serious effect. The total here includes a normal dagger attack with a sneak attack.
-Blind Fighting [Super Sense 4 (Blindsight-Vision)]
--Riddick's advantage is combat in the dark, which he can use to devestating effect with his Eye Shine.
Equipment [13]: Daggers [+1 Damage; 19-20 Critical], Hand Gun [Blast +4]
Drawbacks [8pp]: Noticeable [Eyeshine], Vulnerable [light; Minor intensity (+1 DC), verycommon frequency], Weakness [Light sensitive; Moderate intensity, very common frequency]
Complications: Wanted (Criminal), Enemies (Law Enforcement & Mercenaries)
For those insistant on using the Wrath of the Furyans use this:
Wrath of the Furyans [Stun 7 (Bio Energy; Extras: Area [Burst]; Flaws: Tiring)] (this adds 14 points to the character though)
I'd like to see a Riddick vs. Wolverine fight, that be interesting. :twisted:

SCKnight
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by SCKnight » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Riddick is probably one of the coolest anti-heroes I have ever seen!

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:36 pm

"Come, bring your pretty face to my Axe!"

Gimli the Lock Bearer, Race: Dwarf, Concept: Warrior, Power Level: 6 (80pp) , Marital Status: Single, Family: Gloin (father), Mother unknown, Trade Offs: +1 Toughness, -1 Defense, +1 Damage, -1 Attack

Abilities [18pp]: Strength 17 (+3), Dexterity 10 (+0), Constitution 18 (+4), Intelligence 13 (+1), Wisdom 14 (+2), Charisma 12 (+1)
Saves [12pp]: Toughness +7, Fortitude 6 (+10), Reflexes 2 (+2), Willpower 4 (+6/+10 vs Fear)
Combat [8pp]: Base Attack 4 (+5 melee, +6 with orcs in melee), Base Defense 4 (+2 flatfooted), Initiative 0, Grapple +8, Knockback -3, Hero Points 2
Attacks (dc): Unarmed +3, Dwarven Axe +6 [+7 with orcs, 17-20 critical]
Skills [9pp]: Concentration 1 (+3), Craft: Stone 6 (+11), Handle Animals 2 (+4), Intimidate 6 (+7), Knowledge: Geography 5 (+6), Knowledge: Lonely Mountain 6 (+7), Knowledge: Moria 4 (+5), Languages 1 (Dwarf, Common), Notice 3 (+5), Ride: Horse 1 (+1), Search 6 (+7), Survival 4 (+5),
Feats [13pp]: All out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 1, Benefit 3 (Royal Blood, Elf Friend, Wealth 1), Endurance, Favored Opponents 1 (Orc), Improved Critical (Axe) 1, Luck 1, Power Attack, Split Attack (Axe) 1, Startle, Takedown Attack, Weapon Break
Powers [10pp]:
Dwarf Physiology Power Suite (10pp)
- Enhanced Skill 1 (+4 to craft)
- Enhanced Constitution +2
- Enhanced Strength +2
- Feature (2): Resistance to Disease +4, Resistance to Fear +4
- Shrinking 1 [PF: Innate; Extra: Normal Strength, Flaws: Permanent (+1 Stealth, -1 Grapple, -1 Intimidate)] (3)
Devices [4pp]:
Dwarf Steel Corslet 1[Hard to Remove]
- Protection +3 [Extras: Impervious 1]

Equipment [Wealth Bonus +12]: Galadriel's Gift, Dwarf Axe [+3, 19-20 critical (5)], Pack
Complications: The Stubborness of Dwarves,

As with Gimli he has access to Split Attack as a Feat, a house rule of mine. Split Attack can be taken, if specified to a specific attack/weapon.
Last edited by JoshuaDunlow on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:19 pm

good gimli. though Id have one nitpick. Thatd be the enhanced dexterity. Dwarves In tolkiens world are no mroe or less agile then other races.

they are however possessed of an incredible stamina and strength. As shown in the hobbit when Dains army marched rapidly for days on end all of them carrying heavy packs filled with food tools and supplies for their trapped kinsmen.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563