OUBLIETTE (Original 2E Builds)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:04 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Michuru81 wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:I have started reading your stories on Story Hour and checking out more of your builds here and I have to say, you do GREAT stuff. Your setting is well thought out and your encounters are well run and written up. Keep up the great work!
Many thanks. Speaking of Story Hour, when can we expect the Thorpacoverse to kick into full throttle? I've been salivating for that one for sometime (I especially love the Elric brothers on the Teen Titans).
You know, my problem is that I am a build-aholic and I keep saying, "OK, once I hit 500 builds...OK, once I hit 550...OK, I will really get to writing and playtesting once I hit 600..." and so on, and so on.

Now that J-Mart is up to almost 700 builds, I will REALLY get going on things. Seriously. I mean it this time. :D
I have the exact opposite problem. I can post three new chapters in story hour but... well, I started out this year resolved to post one new build a day. I'm only a little over thirty so...

I've got January covered, I s'pose...
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:23 pm

Michuru81 wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:
Michuru81 wrote: Many thanks. Speaking of Story Hour, when can we expect the Thorpacoverse to kick into full throttle? I've been salivating for that one for sometime (I especially love the Elric brothers on the Teen Titans).
You know, my problem is that I am a build-aholic and I keep saying, "OK, once I hit 500 builds...OK, once I hit 550...OK, I will really get to writing and playtesting once I hit 600..." and so on, and so on.

Now that J-Mart is up to almost 700 builds, I will REALLY get going on things. Seriously. I mean it this time. :D
I have the exact opposite problem. I can post three new chapters in story hour but... well, I started out this year resolved to post one new build a day. I'm only a little over thirty so...

I've got January covered, I s'pose...
At least you two can work on some kinda schedule, me my problem is always flip-flopping between the two. One time I'll burn out a couple characters in a week and then the other time I'll bust out some new story posts. I struggle to find the middle ground.

Either way, the work you both do is always good stuff. So that's what matters I say, not how much of what you put out. Gots to try & look at the posititve side of it guys. :D
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#133: Tick-Tock [PC]

Post by Michuru81 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:31 pm

TICK-TOCK (Power Level 10)

Height / Weight: 5’7” / 138 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Brown / Blue
Place of Birth: Toronto, Ontario (September 8, 1957)
First Appearance: Illuminati #1

Biography: When Joseph Franklin, the Vindicator better known as Tick-tock, was killed in action, he was reincarnated half the world away. Joseph was just many incarnations of Chronos Aeon, the personification of time itself. Since the dawn of time there has been a Chronos Aeon and there will always be a Chronos Aeon.

His current incarnation is Joseph Higgins, who despite appearances is in his early fifties. Though he appears no older than thirteen (and often acts no older), Joseph is an expert clockmaker and loyal citizen of Canada.

ILLUMINATI: The Circle Chase – His status as Chronos Aeon caused the Illuminati to select him to succeed them in their task of guarding the Sephirot. When Ahasuerus began to seek the shards, Joseph Higgins found himself thrown into a life he never asked for but one he accepts all the same.

ILLUMINATI: Philanthropic Vengeance – Though he joined the Illuminati, Joseph attempted to maintain his work as clockmaker and membership on Crusader’s ‘elite’ team of Vindicators. His teams found themselves working together to fight Siegfried and the Sixth Reich in Germany, where the master of time watched the Vindicators either de-aged or slain in battle. In the aftermath of the battle, the United Nations attempted to use Falkenburg and Tick-tock to protect the world alone- a daunting task that had Chronos Aeon retire and devote himself entirely to the Illuminati.

ILLUMINATI: Wild Hunt – Summoned by Auberon, the Illuminati joined the Wild Hunt, searching for the Aurelius. When their search yielded nothing they returned to San Francisco where they were attacked by Purgatory, also seeking the Aurelius and hoping to find him on his home turf. The heroes fought the monster, only to be defeated by it. Coup Field, William Benson, Atlanta White and Joseph Higgins were devoured by the Void where they await rescue from their surviving teammates: Xrix and Deimos.
  • STR 10, DEX 16 (+3), CON 10, INT 12 (+1), WIS 10, CHA 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Craft (mechanical) 5 (+6), Knowledge (technology) 1 (+2), Language 1 (English [base], French), Notice 4, Profession (clockmaker) 5, Search 4 (+5)

FEATS: Attack Specialization 2 (unarmed), Beginner’s Luck, Defensive Roll 5, Dodge Focus 15, Elusive Target, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 1, Luck 3, Move-by Action, Seize Initiative, Ultimate Effort 1 (Power Niche [Time Control])

POWERS: Immunity 6 (aging, fatigue), Regeneration 2 (Resurrection 2 [1 day]; Power Feats: Reincarnation), Super-Senses 1 (Additional Senses: Time Sense), Time Control 10 (Alternate Powers: Paralyze 10 [Extras: Range {Perception, +2}; Flaws: Slow {-1}], Rapid Attack, Time Stop 8 [Power Feats: Progression 5; Extras: No Saving Throw {+1}])

COMBAT: Attack +0 (+4 unarmed), Grapple +0, Damage +0, Defense +15 (+0 flat-footed), Knockback -0, Initiative +47

SAVES: Toughness +5 (+0 flat-footed), Fortitude +3, Reflex +10, Will +3

Abilities 12 + Skills 5 (20 ranks) + Feats 33 + Powers 87 + Combat 0 + Saves 13 = 150 points
Michuru81 wrote:Tick-Tock is the brainchild of Dan, the player behind Portal, Big Joe and Fluke and the player who most loves to give me headaches.

To date, Tick-tock has bought a sack of coal and used his temporal manipulations to turn it to diamonds, instantly retrieve whatever mundane piece of equipment is needed at the exact moment, time freeze an area and search everything for clues, time freeze a battle his team was losing and sitting down to wait for back-up, and or tying together the shoelaces and/or dropping the pants of random NPCs he feels need to be taken down a peg or two...

I'd kill him, but he'll only come back as something more annoying... ;)

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#134: Didgeridoo

Post by Michuru81 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:43 am

DIDGERIDOO (Power Level 8 / Minion Rank 8)

Height / Weight: 5’10” / 154 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Blonde / Green
Place of Birth: Sydney, New South Wales (April 3, 1989)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #12

Physical Appearance: Ephraim wears lean muscle on his average frame. He keeps his light hair trimmed short.

As a soldier of Moksha, Ephraim now wears their uniform: urban camouflage with a green sash sporting a single red dot bound around each arm.

Relationships: Paul James (father), Erica Baxter-James (mother)

Biography: With over ten-thousand pipes composing it, the Grand Organ in the Sydney Opera House is the largest mechanical tracker action organ in the world and it was Paul James’ job to maintain the monstrosity. Often the man would bring his son, Ephraim, to let him learn to play on the legendary instrument.

Something within Ephraim seemed to resonate with his playing. He could never help but hum along with each stroke of the keyboard and never knew what effect his low hum had on those around him. Then came the day when he sat down to play… and no one else could hear him…

Ephraim could still hear the organ playing. By touching it he felt the vibrations and “heard” the music but everyone else hear nothing but an odd humming reverberating in the air. After checking the organ, Paul realized that his son was a Neo-Sapien… and he began to fear for the boy’s safety.

NEW VINDICATORS: sic semper tyrannis—To protect the boy, Ephraim was sent to the New Vindicators Academy of Europe where he began to learn more about his vibratory abilities. After graduation he was selected to lead a team through the Trials and selected Bile, Dingo and Ungud—all fellow Australians. The group met with the Wisent and accepted an offer to use the event to kill one of the American graduates: Magnus Loder, the fourth Lodestone.

The group made their move during the fourth Trial and failed thanks to the intervention of Rumble and several students from the Asian school. Having missed their chance and thrown away their opportunity to advance, Team Australia was ejected from the Trial and disappeared for a time…

NEW VINDICATORS: para bellum—Fearing that the Wisent would not let them merely go home, knowing what he was planning, Didgeridoo took his group underground and eventually found Adonis Skraag and his Affiliation. The foursome joined Adonis’ cell and defended him from Lodestone when their former target appeared and began clearing a path through the rogues.

NEW VINDICATORS: contraria contrariis curantur—When the Vindicators took on Moksha, they found Didgeridoo amongst their numbers. After capturing his teammate, Bile, Lodestone discovered that along the two, along with Dingo, had joined Moksha on Adonis’ orders and were reporting on their activities to the Affiliation’s leader.
  • STR 14 (+2), DEX 12 (+1), CON 14 (+2), INT 10, WIS 16 (+3), CHA 16 (+3)

SKILLS: Concentration 4 (+7), Notice 4 (+7), Perform (keyboards) 4 (+5), Sense Motive 4 (+7)

FEATS: Accurate Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 1, Improved Initiative 1, Leadership, Precise Shot 1, Teamwork 1

POWERS: Concealment 1 (Tremorsense), Force Field 8 (Flaws: Limited [physical damage, -1]), Super-Senses 4 (Additional Senses: Tracking [vibrations], Tremorsense), Vibration Control 8 (Alternate Powers: Clairaudience 8 [2,000 miles], Deflect 8 [slow and fast projectiles], Drain Toughness 8 [Extras: Range {Ranged, +1}; Flaws: Limited {objects, -1}], Obscure 8 [auditory], Nauseate 8 [Extras: Range {Ranged, +1}], Strike 8 [Extras: Area {burst, +1}], Stun 8 [Extras: Range {Ranged, +1}], Trip 8 [Power Feats: Improved Trip; Extras: Area {burst, +1}; Flaws: Range {Touch, -1}]; Power Feats: Accurate 2, Precise)

Equipment: cell phone Moksha uniform (camo clothing); 3 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +4 (+8 vibration control), Grapple +6, Damage, +2, Defense +4 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -3, Initiative +1

SAVES: Toughness +12 (+10 flat-footed, +4 energy [+2 flat-footed]), Fortitude +8, Reflex +3, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (Neo-Sapien), Reputation (Traitor), Responsibility (Team Australia), Secret (Spy)

Abilities 22 + Skills 4 (16 ranks) + Feats 7 + Powers 36 + Combat 16 + Saves 10 = 95 points
Michuru81 wrote:Didgeridoo comes in under budget... but he's not really impeded by it. The character stands on his own fairly well--he has a nice array of abilities that let him deal with a lot of different situations. He brings a lot to the table, but still, those floating 25 points could be spent on anything that makes sense. If you have suggestions, feel free to shot 'em at me.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Sun May 23, 2010 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#135: Dingo

Post by Michuru81 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:46 am

DINGO (Power Level 8 / Minion Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’9” / 155 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Auburn / Hazel
Place of Birth: Bannockburn, Victoria (July 28, 1988)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #12

Physical Description: Mark has bushy, light red hair. His entire body is hairy—a fact made all the more obvious by his affinity for tank tops. Mark is also usually seen wearing swim trunks and cheap flip-flops: as he finds that he’s more comfortable running and jumping when he’s bare footed, the cheap sandals are easily kicked off.

Since joining Moksha, Mark has taken to wearing the urban camouflage their military wears. He wears the pants but continues to wear only his white tank tops over his torso. He has also taken to wearing the arm-sash—initially as a headband until he was chastised by Sclera.

Relationships: Earl Grey / the Hound (father), Celia Smith (mother), Adam Masunzu / Basenji (half-brother), Alf Beraja / Mutt (half-brother); Mark is not aware of his father’s identity, nor than he has brothers scattered around the world.

Biography: Little of Dingo’s life is known before he graduated from the New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

NEW VINDICATORS: sic semper tyrannis—Dingo and his teammates were hired by the Wisent to enter the Trials and seek out an opportunity to kill Lodestone. Team Australia ultimately made their move during the fourth Trial, sabotaging their chances for advancement in favor of the money offered by the crime boss.

Though they almost took down Lodestone’s team, thanks to the heroes’ previous encounter with Phobos’ teammate Carrion, they were bested by Rumble, partnered with a handful of graduates from the New Vindicators Academy of Asia. Rumble’s group stayed with Lodestone’s through the week-long Trial, preventing Dingo and his friends from making another attempt on his life before they were ejected from the competition.

NEW VINDICATORS: para bellum—Team Australia got their second chance to fight Lodestone almost a year later, when Lodestone began cutting his way through the Affiliation’s base. After disabling the majority of Adonis’ lackeys, Team Australia jumped him, only to be easily done in. During the melee, Lodestone killed Ungud—an act Dingo still has yet to forgive the man for.

NEW VINDICATORS: contraria contrariis curantur—When the Vindicators took on Moksha, they found Dingo amongst their numbers. After capturing his teammate, Bile, Lodestone discovered that along the two, along with Didgeridoo, had joined Moksha on Adonis’ orders and were reporting on their activities to the Affiliation’s leader.
  • STR 15 [20] (+5), DEX 13 [18] (+4), CON 15 [20] (+5), INT 10, WIS 14 (+2), CHA 10

SKILLS: Climb 4 (+9), Notice 4 (+6), Sense Motive 4 (+6), Survival 4 (+6), Swim 4 (+7), Stealth 4 (+8)

FEATS: All-out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 4, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 4, Endurance 1, Equipment 1, Improved Block 2, Improved Initiative 1, Power Attack, Teamwork 1

POWERS: Enhanced Constitution 5, Enhanced Dexterity 5, Enhanced Strength 5, Leaping 1 (x2), Speed 1 (10 MPH), Strike 1 (Power Feats: Improved Trip, Mighty), Super-Senses 4 (Enhanced Senses: Tracking; Additional Senses: Low-Light Vision, Scent, Ultra-Hearing)

Equipment: cell phone, Moksha uniform (camo clothing); 3 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +4 (+8 melee), Grapple +7, Damage +3, Defense +4 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -3 (-2 flat-footed), Initiative +6

SAVES: Toughness +7 (+5 flat-footed), Fortitude +11, Reflex +6, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS: Enemy (Lodestone), Prejudice (Neo-Sapien), Secret (Spy)

Abilities 17 + Skills 6 (24 ranks) + Feats 18 + Powers 24 + Combat 16 + Saves 10 = 91 points
Michuru81 wrote:There's not really much to say about Dingo, other than that his familial issues will become an eventual plot point for a few PBP players at some point in the future...
Last edited by Michuru81 on Sun May 23, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#136: Emmanuel Nikolaos

Post by Michuru81 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:38 am

EMMANUEL NIKOLAOS (Power Level 5)

Height / Weight: 5’4” / 131 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: White / Black
Place of Birth: New York, New York (November 11, 1949)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #9

Biography: Little is known of Emmanuel Nikolaos’ life prior to the surge in his popularity as a charismatic evangelist and faith healer.

NEW VINDICATORS: Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas – The New Vindicators were sent to investigate the congregation forming around the charismatic healer, noting that his supporters were turning zealous and could give rise to a force similar to Forrest Bedford’s own Church of Genetic Purity. While watching him they were forced to defend him from B.B. Jones, an assassin sent by the Crimson Shadow- a league of assassins who specialize in executing Neo-Sapien threats.

However, the Affiliation also had their eyes on the healer. A battle erupted and the New Vindicators were able to help the evangelist escape and go into hiding.

NEW VINDICATORS: Absit Omen – After a year underground, Nikolaos was hunted down by Phase, an agent of Operation: Black Box. Though Phase failed to capture the man, Abaddon eventually got his hands on the healer, securing him in the Spider to be used in tempting Lodestone into helping him raise Apocatastasis.

NEW VINDICATORS: Para Bellum – Following Hikari’s disruption of Apocatastasis plans, the monster opted to construct an army of Nephilim. Using Nikolaos’ power, Apocatastasis resurrected his kin who had died in Atlantis’ sinking.
  • STR 10, DEX 10, CON 10, INT 12 (+1), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 16 (+3)

SKILLS: Concentration 4 (+6), Diplomacy 4 (+7), Intimidate 4 (+7), Knowledge (current events) 4 (+5), Knowledge (history) 4 (+5), Knowledge (theology and philosophy) 8 (+11), Perform (oratory) 8 (+13), Profession (evangelist) 8 (+10)

FEATS: Benefit 4 (Tax Exempt, Wealth 3), Fascinate 1 (Perform [oratory]), Inspire 1, Leadership, Talented 1 (Knowledge [theology and philosophy] / Perform [oratory])

POWERS: Healing 10 (Power Feats: Incurable, Regrowth; Extras: Resurrection [+1]; Flaws: Faith [-1])

COMBAT: Attack +0, Grapple +0, Damage +0, Defense +0, Knockback -0, Initiative +0

SAVES: Toughness +0, Fortitude +1, Reflex +1, Will

Abilities 12 + Skills 11 (44 ranks) + Feats 8 + Powers 22 + Combat 0 + Saves 6 = 65 points

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#137: Uh... Me?

Post by Michuru81 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:46 am

Michuru81 (Power Level 1)

Height / Weight: 6’4” / 300 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Grey-Brown / Blue
Place of Birth: Peoria, Illinois (April 23, 1981)
First Appearance: The Adventures of a Guy With Too Much Time on His Hands #137

Biography: Born and raised in Central Illinois, Dustin Cohenour is a great many things: erudite, polyhistor, suffer of somnambulism, theologist and philosopher, bastard, storyteller, bastard storyteller, anagram enthusiast, dork, masochist, eidetiker, otaku, writer, pez dispenser collector avid dice chucker. Most importantly, he’s someone who has way too much time on his hands, which causes him to do things like this…
  • STR 13 (+1), DEX 9 (-1), CON 14 (+2), INT 16 (+3), WIS 12 (+1), CHA 15 (+2)

SKILLS: Diplomacy 2 (+4), Knowledge (history) 3 (+10), Knowledge (popular culture) 5 (+12), Knowledge (theology and philosophy) 5 (+12), Languages 3 (English [base], German, Latin, Japanese), Profession (writer) 4 (+5), Profession (yes man) 6 (+7)

FEATS: Eidetic Memory, Equipment 4, Leadership, Mastermind, Speed of Thought

POWERS: none

Equipment: cell phone, Chevy Lumina, glasses, katana, laptop

COMBAT: Attack +0, Grapple +1, Damage +1, Defense +0, Knockback -1, Initiative +3

SAVES: Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Reflex -1, Will +4

DRAWBACKS: Disability (Myopia, -1 point)

COMPLICATIONS: Disability (Dyscalculia), Honor (Vegetarian), Obsession (137), Phobia (Snakes)

Abilities 19 + Skills 7 (28 ranks) + Feats 8 + Powers 0 + Combat 0 + Saves 4 – Drawbacks 1 = 37 points
Michuru81 wrote:I have a small obsession with the number 137, so for my 137th original build we have... me... a PL 1, built on 37 points. ... I have problems.

A few notes... I find the Eidetic Memory feat to be a little too limited with compared to Jack-of-all-Trades, thus we have a house rule up where the +4 bonus to remember things applies to all Knowledge skills too.

Dyscalculia isn't worthy of getting points, so it's just a complication. Math is my greatest enemy, meaning I'm pretty much forced to take twenty on the most basic of math problems.

After close to ten years as a vegeterian, I can honestly tell you that it is SO a complication worthy of hero points. Nothing is worse than when you go to meet your girlfriend's parents or you show up at a party and are forced to explain why you're not touching the host's cooking.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#138: Michuru

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:46 pm

MICHURU (Power Level 10)

Height / Weight: 6’3” / 200 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Grey-Brown / Grey-Blue (glowing white)
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois (May 17, 1980)
First Appearance: Vindicators #601

Biography: Born to a Japanese mother, Michuru never met his father. As a child, when he asked his mother about the man she fell hopelessly in love with, he was told that Sam White was an intelligent, charming young man with snow-white hair and an easy-going smile. In some sense, her inherited much of his father’s character. As a young man, Michuru proved himself to be a polymath. More so, the young man had an empathy with those around him unseen in his age. Despite the traits his mother saw the boy’s father shinning through… she failed to see his smile.

Michuru seldom smiled. Growing up in northern Illinois, he was taught martial arts and archaic mannerisms by his grandparents. A respectful young man, he quietly accepted his mother’s new husband and his adoption. As much as he loathed to lose the name that tied him to the Himura legacy, Michuru put up no fight as he became a Bradshaw. Like many other battles in his life, Michuru quietly surrendered without a fight.

His mother often said that she worried for him, but it was the boy’s grandfather, Kazuko Himura who told her that perhaps Michuru had simply not found something he felt worth fighting for.

It was when the boy was twelve that he found his reason to fight. He watched as Patrick Reilloc tormented some of the chubbier boys in their class- putting his own natural athleticism to pulverizing them one day on the walk home. Michuru leapt forward, using the movements his grandfather had taught him to protect the young boys. His kenjutsu and aikido served him well… but Patrick’s brute strength allowed his punches to count for more than the youth’s graceful movements. A rage built up in the normally calm Michuru and then… flames engulfed Patrick.

The inferno ravaged the boy’s flesh and Michuru hurried to try and help his opponent. He tackled the blazing boy to the earth and beat out the flames; still, the damage had been done. Covered in burns, Patrick told anyone who would listen what happened. Many assumed the obvious… Michuru Bradshaw was a Neo-Sapien and worse: he was a danger to everyone around him.

The Department of SPB Affairs heard of Michuru’s plight and took him under their care. Over time, Michuru had learned that his powers stemmed from the emotions he experienced. With anger came an explosive ability to manipulate flames. When he was happy he could command the wind and when he was sad the earth moved at his will. His normal mood- the disturbingly calm persona he perpetually displayed –allowed him to alter the very flow of water. Looking to teach him control, the Department had Michuru study under the Vindicators IV, the closest to elementals as the Department had access to. Still, the metamorphs were perplexed as to what they could teach him and Michuru progressed little.

When the Vindicators disbanded, only one remained- Rosa Freeman, the Vindicator known as Onyx, had served under the leadership of the Aurelius. The maiden attack by the Order of Chaos commanded her to go into action however, issued the assistance of a teenaged Michuru for her backup. The boy’s combat expertise was of some help, though his wild, emotionally-influenced abilities left him unable to truly help against the villains. Injured in combat, the duo was saved by a young Brian Hart. Passing by the battle, the young man used his own transfer powers to drain some of the abilities of the villains and use against them.

Michuru’s life in danger, Brian led the duo to an asylum where his sister was kept. Siphoning her abilities, he healed Michuru’s wounds and agreed to join the Vindicators’ battle. Michuru was instead given charge to protect Brian’s sister- Brian began to use his powers to combine Michuru’s elemental abilities with Bridget’s healing powers, giving Onyx an effective teammate.

For years, Michuru’s purpose seemed limited to helping the catatonic girl along on their missions- keeping the pair close enough to Siphon should he need their abilities. However, Michuru began to reach out to his distressed teammate and brought her out of her stupor. Before long, Bridget’s soul began to repair itself and the two began a romantic relationship. They left adolescence and entered their twenties, becoming more of a staple on the Vindicators VII than merely food for Siphon’s abilities. The two dispatched villains on their own, without the aid of their teammates, and slowly but surely the respect the others had for the pair grew.

It was on September 8, 2001, that the fairy tale came to an end. The Jorgenson’s own marital problems came to a head, culminating with Richard’s attempt to kill his wife (after revealing he had been posing as Atlas for months). Moments before her death, Sylvia body swapped and entered her husband’s body. Richard’s mind died with her body, leaving her trapped as the Chimera. Overtaken by the injuries she herself had inflected, she sought out Bio for help and inexperienced in the powers of Atlas, she caused Bridget’s death.

The horrific event triggered a new emotion in Michuru. Dead to all feeling, the true nature of his powers awoke and a hellfire beast took command of the Nephilim’s body. The beast ravaged and fought at the false Atlas, resulting in the mountain stronghold collapsing around them. Michuru clawed his way to the surface and to his friends, bringing Chimera’s unconscious body with him in the process. Michuru retained no memories of what happened- only the knowledge of his love’s death and great feelings of guilt for what had happened.

He took to wandering then, traveling the world, looking for respite from the terrible burdens that haunted him. At one point in his journeys he found himself in his ancestor’s home in Japan. There he met the Sanada Ten Brave- a clan of immortal shinobi led by the timeless Sanada Yukimura. It was in their company that Michuru first came into contact with the Imperial Regalia. The man recognized the power the artifacts possessed and opted to entrust them to the protection of numerous temples throughout the country.

NEW VINDICATORS: Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas – Eventually he returned to the United States and took a position as a teacher at the New Vindicators Academy of America. It was there that he was reunited with an old teammate- the young hero known as Rift. As Breanne Jordan, Rift carried a torch for her old friend- one that bordered on obsession. Unknown to Michuru, Rift recruited one of their students, Adonis Skraag, to help her construct an army… all with the intention of making him hers.

However, unknown to Rift, Michuru slowly began to find himself involved with their fellow educator, Doctor Natalie Styles, the former Vindicator known as Halogen. Not wanting to make a scandal of their relationship, the two opted to keep things quiet between them.

Michuru returned to Japan, following the news that two pieces of the Imperial Regalia had been stolen. He and his students teamed up with the Sanada Ten Brave in an attempt to stop the thief- only to fail. Sanada himself charged Michuru with finding the Regalia and with personally guarding them once in his possession.

Under Adonis’ influence, Stockholm touched Michuru, transforming his mindset into her own. Unfortunately, this meant that Michuru was no longer in control of his emotions (as another psyche was in command), resulting in the hellfire beast being unleashed. In the day that the beast rampaged through the city, it was estimated that 137,000 people lost their leaves amongst the chaos and destruction he caused. Ultimately, it was the sacrifice of Drew Jenkins that helped him regain his senses. Still, the news of Halogen’s death and the realization of what he had been responsible for drove Michuru once more to wanderings.

NEW VINDICATORS: Sic Semper Tyrannis – Michuru met up with his half-sister, Chienne Bedford, also distressed over learning of her Nephilim abilities. Realizing each other as a counter to what they could possibly become, the two formed into an alliance of sorts. They began to journey together, traveling to retrieve the remaining parts of the Imperial Regalia. In addition, Michuru has begun to teach his younger sibling about her powers and how to fight- training her in the same martial arts his grandfather trained him in.

NEW VINDICATORS: Absit Omen – In their wanderings, Michuru and Chienne began to discover more of the private war their father was waging with Abaddon and took it upon themselves to pick up his crusade. They learned of Chelsea Burke, a very powerful young woman who Abaddon believed the key to reviving Apocatastasis. With the help of the Aurelius, Doctor Steven White, the Wanderers were able to separate the girl into three parts- cutting her power drastically and then dividing the parts across the country.

However, two of the halves eventually rejoined and Terahertz struck down Coach Crag. In the wake of the hero’s death, Doctor Howell called the Wanderers back to New York and asked both to join the school. The two took positions with the New Vindicators Academy, though their tenure was destined to be short-lived.

After the assassination of Senator Amy Bedford, Chienne left to help Lodestone fight her father and the two encountered Abaddon. Abaddon teleported Chienne across the world and Michuru left the school to bring her back. While the two were away, the school was raided by Operation: Black Box and the survivors fled into Canada- leaving Michuru and Chienne alone once more and with no means of contacting their comrades…
  • STR 14 (+2), DEX 12 (+1), CON 14 (+2), INT 14 (+2), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 12 (+1)

SKILLS: Concentration 4 (+4), Diplomacy 4 (+5), Knowledge (popular culture) 5 (+5), Language 1 (English [base]), Japanese), Notice 4 (+6), Profession (educator) 2 (+4), Sense Motive 4 (+6)

FEATS: Accurate Attack, Animal Empathy, Assessment, Attack Focus 4 (melee), Attack Specialization 2 (sword), Benefit 1 (Status [Vindicator]), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 4, Elusive Target, Equipment 3, Evasion 2, Grappling Finesse, Improved Block 5, Improved Defense 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Pin, Improved Throw, Improved Trip, Inspire 3, Martial Artist 2 (Aikido, Kenjutsu), Martial Strike 3, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Sneak Attack 2, Taunt, Teamwork 2, Uncanny Dodge 1 (hearing)

POWERS: Hellfire Control 12 (white; Alternate Powers: Air Control 10 [Alternate Powers: Blast 10, Deflect 12 {slow projectiles}, Obscure 10 {visual}, Suffocate 6 {Extras: Range (Perception, +2)}], Earth Control 10 [Alternate Powers: Blast 10, Burrowing 10 {Extras: Range (+1)}, Create Object 6 {Power Feats: Precise; Extras: Duration (Continuous, +1)}, Snare 10], Fire Control 9 [Alternate Powers: Blast 9, Blast 6 {Extras: Explosion (+1)}, Dazzle 9 {visual}, Dazzle 9 {visual; Extras: Area (Burst, +1); Flaws: Range (Touch, -1)}, Ignite 6, Melt], Water Control 10 [Alternate Powers: Blast 10, Blast 6 {Extras: Alternate Save (Fortitude, +1), Current Control 10, Stun 6 {Extras: Range (Ranged, +1)]; Power Feats: Accurate 2; Drawbacks: Noticeable [white eyes, -1 point])

Equipment: cell phone, katana (+3 damage), leather jacket (+1 Toughness), motorcycle; 4 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +4 (+8 melee or hellfire control, +12 sword), Grapple +10, Damage +5, Defense +8 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -3 (-1 flat-footed), Initiative +9

SAVES: Toughness +7 (+3 flat-footed), Fortitude +7, Reflex +6, Will +9

DRAWBACKS: Involuntary Transformation (hellfire beast, uncommon frequency, cannot resist, -4 points), Vulnerable (mithral, uncommon frequency, major intensity, -3 points)

Abilities 20 + Skills 6 (24 ranks) + Feats 56 + Powers 29 + Combat 16 + Saves 17 – Drawbacks 7 = 137 points

Michuru81 wrote:Michuru on Michuru
If you’re as big of a Final Fantasy fan as I am, then you know who Cid is. Well… meet my Cid. For eight years, Michuru has appeared in every campaign I’ve ever GMed. He is quintessential to my campaign worlds- to the point that I’ve become known for using him as a plot device of sorts. As such, my screen names have since begun to reflect my usage of this character- the reason why my handle here is shared with this fella.

There are generally themes- recurring elements –where Michuru is concerned. In terms of his character, he’s almost always a bastard in some way. It began with his original incarnation, Michuru Half-elven, a nod to Tanis of Dragonlance fame. It continued with Michuru Shinomori, Michuru Dryden, Michuru Karaethon, Michuru Cade, and Michuru Nightsong. Generally, the character is either estranged from his parents or ends up going to war against them. Michuru tends to be a klutz, but surprisingly gifted with a sword. Be it as a devoted defender in homebrewed D&D worlds or as a Shienaran soldier safeguarding the world from the Blight in the Wheel of Time games I ran.

Players experienced in trudging through my campaigns have come to learn that a favorite plot hook of mine is to convince the party that Michuru is one of the most untrustworthy pieces of filth in the universe… only to show them they’ve had the wrong guy. In the New Vindicators campaign, many of the rookie players were convinced Michuru was pulling the strings of behind the Affiliation; Lodestone’s player (a veteran amongst my groups) told them the gospel truth: “He likes to make you think it’s Michuru, when it’s really whoever you’ll least suspect.”

Michuru isn't the only character I recycle from world to world... Adonis and Chienne have appeared in numerous incarnations. Chienne has been the avatar of the Ragnarok and Adonis an overzealous paladin of Heironeous. They've also been dragon hunters and an old married couple. While they may change though, Michuru remains almost constant... Michuru is always the good guy, if a little on the dark and brooding side.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#139: Michuru [Freedom City]

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:53 pm

MICHURU (Power Level 10)

Height / Weight: 5’10” / 137 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Blonde / Blue
Place of Birth: Freedom City

Biography: Orphaned in the Terminus Invasion, Michuru Lock was raised by his maternal grandmother. For years he bounced psychologist to psychologist; few therapists could pierce his apathy and help the young man find a reason to go on.

Michuru found his purpose in his teen years. Walking home from another counseling session he witnessed the destruction of Freedom Hall. Realizing his own mutant abilities, Michuru rushed to help Daedalus and Foreshadow combat the cadre of cads who had disabled the Freedom League. Though far fighting on the level the seasoned veterans had clashed on, the heroes could not deny that he had played a part in their eventual victory.

When Duncan Summers opened the Claremont Academy, the thankful heroes recommended the young mutant for the school and the once apathetic youth could hardly stop from smiling as he was inducted into academy.

The first time he saw her, Michuru fell head-over-heels at the sight of another student; the more he learned about her, the more infatuated he became with Serena Vervain- the witch known as Seven. Both were orphans; both had been raised by their grandmothers. After spending a semester mistaking the same radiant warmth she showed all her friends as flirtation, Michuru asked Serena out… only to have his spirits crushed once again.

Not wanting to give him the wrong idea, Serena grew more distant… but Michuru continued to watch her. Unable to rationalize why she would turn him down, his mind fabricated that she harbored feelings for Chris Beck, her teammate Megastar; after all, rumors swirled about the school that Chris had feelings for her. Convinced the two were involved in a secret relationship, Michuru confronted them and a fight broke out between Megastar and Michuru.

Ultimately, Megastar’s superior strength decided the battle, but the beating he had handed the mutant, coupled with the emotional stress, caused a surge in Michuru’s kinetic abilities that damaged some of the surrounding buildings on the school grounds and injured many of the students.

Seeing the terrified look on Serena’s face, Michuru dropped out of the school and proceeded to fight crime by himself. Content to live on the streets, he discovered he had a mysterious benefactor: someone provided him with a posh apartment and the resources he would need to stay afloat. Michuru never once suspected that his mysterious aid came from the immortal Lucius Cabot, hoping to be able to use Michuru to destroy Seven and undo the prophesy that haunted his immortal existence.
  • STR 12 (+1), DEX 16 (+3), CON 12 (+1), INT 12 (+1), WIS 12 (+1), CHA 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Concentration 4 (+5), Diplomacy 4 (+6), Intimidate 5 (+6), Knowledge (arcane lore) 2 (+3), Knowledge (physical sciences) 4 (+5), Languages 1 (English [base], Japanese), Notice 4 (+5), Sense Motive 4 (+5)

FEATS: Accurate Attack, Attack Focus (ranged) 2, Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 2, Elusive Target, Evasion 1, Improved Initiative 1, Move-by Action, Teamwork 1

POWERS: Force Field 5, Immovable 10 (Extras: Unstoppable [+1]), Kinetic Control 10 (Alternate Powers: Boost Movement 10, Deflect 10 [slow and fast projectiles], Drain Movement 10, Move Object 10; Power Feats: Accurate, Knockback 5; Drawbacks: Power Surge [-4 points]), Leaping 5 (x50), Speed 5 (250 MPH)

COMBAT: Attack +6 (+8 ranged, +10 kinetic control), Grapple +7, Damage +1, Defense +8 (+3 flat-footed), Knockback -5 (-3 flat-footed), Initiative +7

SAVES: Toughness +10 (+6 flat-footed), Fortitude +4, Reflex +10, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS: Rivalry (Megastar), Temper

Abilities 18 + Skills 7 (28 ranks) + Feats 14 + Powers 61 + Combat 24 + Saves 13 = 137 points
Michuru81 wrote:Like I said above, there's a Michuru in every campaign universe I GM and though I haven't spent much time with my players in Freedom City, this world is no exception. Thus, here be the Michuru the players met as they ran through Time of Vengeance.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#140: Justice

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:39 pm

JUSTICE (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 6’1” / 193 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Black / Blue
Place of Birth: Brooklyn, New York (July 17, 1978)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #1

Biography: Once upon a time, C. John Holden believed in the justice system. He was a cop, like his father and his grandfather were before him. He even entertained the thought that his little boy would one day follow in his footsteps.

For most people, everything changed on September 8, 2006. It was the day that the New Vindicators were once more assembled; after five years without heroes, the world breathed a sigh of relief. Everything changed for C. John Holden as well…

Along with his partner, Avery St. James, he had gone undercover in an attempt to break up a drug cartel. Someone was pushing a new designer drug on his streets and he was not about to stand for it. The pair did nothing wrong, but the dealers made them as cops and a shootout began. Detective St. James was slain in the fire and the two dealers escaped.

Detective Holden pursued them and the pair fled into a pawn shop. There they found hostages and attempted to use to clear their way to freedom. Tragically, things turned worse and two of the hostages were killed…

Angela Holden and her ten-year-old son Ryan left this world… and C. John Holden found himself left alone in this world.

Though one of the criminals had been killed in the pawn shop, the other was apprehended and charged with more than trafficking. He now faced charges of triple homicide. However, there were holes in the prosecution’s case; the investigation was covered up in an attempt to protect the young Neo-Sapien who had prevented the dealers from executing any other hostages.

Bret Morris walked freely out of the courthouse… and Detective Holden knew what had to be done.

He sold his home and the Holdens’ cars. He cashed in their investments and savings, pooled with the insurance money to begin his new business… revenge. The justice system had failed him- it would fail others. Criminals could not be allowed to walk freely on the streets… they had to be killed. He would be judge, jury and executioner.

He would be justice.

NEW VINDICATORS: Memento Mori – Justice attacked the trial of Maria Espada, seeking to punish the heroine for using her powers to kill a prison inmate. Ultimately it was the intervention of Portal that prevented him from completing his mission and the appearance of the Patriot which provided Justice with an opportunity to escape.
  • STR 16 (+3), DEX 14 (+2), CON 16 (+3), INT 12 (+1), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 12 (+1)

SKILLS: Bluff 4 (+53), Climb 3 (+5), Disguise 2 (+3), Drive 4 (+6), Escape Artist 2 (+4), Intimidate 8 (+9), Investigate 6 (+7), Notice 4 (+6), Profession (police officer) 6 (+8), Search 4 (+5), Sense Motive 6 (+8), Stealth 4 (+6), Swim 3 (+5)

FEATS: Accurate Attack, Assessment, Attack Focus (melee) 2, Attack Specialization (tonfa) 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 2, Equipment 10, Improved Block 4, Improved Disarm, Improved Pin, Martial Artist (escrima) 1, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Shot 2, Quick Draw 1, Sneak Attack, Startle, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack 2

POWERS: none

Equipment: armored jumpsuit (+3 Toughness), binoculars, camera, flash-bang (Dazzle 4 [Burst]), flashlight, laptop, light pistol (+3 damage), motorcycle, multi-tool, night vision goggles, tonfa x2 (+2 melee damage); 6 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +6 (+8 melee, +12 tonfa), Grapple +11, Damage +3 (+3 pistol, +5 tonfa), Defense +8 (+3 flat-footed), Knockback -5, Initiative +2

SAVES: Toughness +8 (+6 flat-footed), Fortitude +9, Reflex +5, Will +8

Abilities 20 + Skills 14 (56 ranks) + Feats 37 + Powers 0 + Combat 24 + Saves 15 = 110 points
Michuru81 wrote:My players like to whine. Some whine more than others. To discourage them from whinning incessently, I don't usually build any NPCs on more than 15 points a level. Still, sometimes guys like Justice come out with points to spare and still manage to be a threat to any of the heroes lacking Impervious Toughness.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:28 pm

That's a fine build of yourself there, Michuru. And I bet I am one of the few people posting here that has actually BEEN in Pekin, IL since I used to work in Bloomington (you'll never guess what evil empire I work for). :twisted:

Keep up the good work.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:39 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:I used to work in Bloomington (you'll never guess what evil empire I work for). :twisted:
Pepsi? BEER NUTS!?! Mmm... Beer Nuts...

I've been scratchin' my head, tryin' to think of something, but I got nothing... :(

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#141: Elemenoh P. Quarez

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:13 am

ELEMENOH P. QUAREZ (Power Level X)

Height / Weight: 3’10” / 58 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Brown / Green
Place of Birth: Unknown
First Appearance: New Vindicators Annual #1

Biography: No one is sure who or what Elemenoh P. Quarez truly is. Indeed, the best summary for what Elemenoh really is comes from his MySpace profile: “I’m a kender with phenomenal cosmic powers that enable me to alter the laws of physics to my every whim. I know that it sounds cool but, believe me, it gets old. Mostly I just use my rockin’ god-like powers to mess with the humans.”

Elemenoh calls himself the Cosmic Kender; his appearance further eludes to the kender, a race that populate the fantasy series Dragonlance.

What is known about the being is that he has an odd obsession with super-heroes, ninja, ghosts, “the interweb”, webcomics, and ska music.

NEW VINDICATORS ANNUAL #1 – Bored with reality, Elemenoh revealed himself to the New Vindicators and Portal. After his hoopak was “accidently” broken, he charged the heroes with gathering the seven pieces once more, so that he might repair the damage done to reality. The heroes fought through numerous pop culture references before they were finally able to rid themselves of the being.

NEW VINDICATORS: Absit Omen – Though he had left, Elemenoh continued to observe them. When the administration was about to demote Blur, Elemenoh intervened and altered the powers of the New Vindicators and the faculty, just before Rift returned to abduct one of the students. Ultimately, Frostbite was able to convince Elemenoh to allow nature to take its course: Blur was demoted and their powers were restored.

In an awkward moment, Elemenoh dropped his usual child-like mindset, speaking seriously to Coach Crag when he warned him of the very bad night the man was about to have (referring to Coach Crag’s death). Not only did it show that Elemenoh appeared capable of seeing what was coming, it showed that his usual demeanor was only a façade and that he was powerless to control the outcome of events. Indeed, though Elemenoh’s powers let him alter reality to his whim, things often return to the status quo soon after without leaving much of a mark on this world.

ILLUMINATI: Black Magic – Tired of having to check multiple RSS feeds for updates on his favorite webcomics, Elemenoh created a pocket universe where his favorite stories were amalgamated. Unfortunately, the Devil decided to recruit three great mages in an attempt to destroy Jesus, Buddha, the Dragon and God’s puppets. His plot was quickly put down when Black Mage usurped the Devil’s power and subjugated Xykon and Richard under him.

Needing to save the world he had created, Elemenoh summoned the Illuminati to this new world. The heroes were forced to team up with Dr. McNinja, Dorothy Gale, Cale’Anon, Leo, Durkon Thundershield and Coulomb. Joined by the power_gamers, the Illuminati were able to successfully put down the trio of mages and were returned home.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#142: Fluke [PC]

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:30 am

FLUKE (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’10” / 150 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Brown / Green
Place of Birth: Wouldn’t You Like to Know? (April 1, 1991)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #30

Biography: Little is known about Fluke’s life prior to his joining the New Vindicators Academy of America.

NEW VINDICATORS: Absit Omen – Like the other students at the New Vindicators Academy, John Smith heard the order given by Coach Crag to head for the Wreck Room. Once there, he laid eyes on the headmaster’s body and knew he had to do something… Much like Vincent Haynes and Christmas Clark, John Smith was not officially a New Vindicator… but he didn’t let that stop him from giving Terahertz his worst.

In the aftermath of all that had happened, he found himself promoted to the new team Chienne was leading. In their first exercise, his luck steered him through the battlefield and put him against Boson for the role of leadership (a battle he eventually gave up).

Fluke, the Damned and Savant were sent into the Church of Genetic Purity, where Fluke was lucky enough to learn what was secretly going on behind the scenes. After learning of Loess’ death, Chimera’s destruction and Lodestone’s defection, Fluke returned to the school to give them the bad news…

Still, Fluke was instrumental when Operation: Black Box invaded the school. Gabriel claimed to have had no luck in contacting his sister. Needing her teleportation abilities, Fluke and Mazui came together and prayed their fortune abilities would be enough to help Gabriel. Though he didn’t directly reach Gabrielle, the girl did appear instantly after Fluke put his plan into motion, leading him to believe it was only do to him that the New Vindicators were able to safely flee to Canada.

NEW VINDICATORS: Para Bellum – Fluke left with Bluetooth, Renewal and Suicide King, joining Gabrielle’s mission to find the concentration camps and liberate them.
  • STR 10, DEX 14 [26] (+8), CON 10, INT 12 (+1), WIS 10, CHA 12 (+1)

SKILLS: Concentration 4, Knowledge (popular culture) 4 (+5), Notice 4, Search 4 (+5), Sense Motive 4

FEATS: Attack Focus 2, Beginner’s Luck, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 2, Improved Initiative 1, Luck 4, Set-up, Sneak Attack 3, Teamwork 1, Ultimate Effort 5 (Ultimate Aim, Ultimate Save 4 [Fortitude, Reflex, Toughness, Will])

POWERS: Enhanced Defense 8, Enhanced Dexterity 12, Luck Control 7 (Alternate Powers: Boost 8 [skills; Extras: Total Fade {+1}; Flaws: Personal {-1}], Damage 4 [Extras: Range {Perception, +2}], Deflect 6 [slow and fast projectiles], Move Object 6 [Extras: Range {Perception, +1}; Flaws: Action {Move Action, -1}], Trip 4 [Extras: Knockback {+1}, Range {Perception, +1}]; Power Feats: Luck 4), Variable Feats 1 (Extras: Action [Reaction, +3]; Flaws: Limited [Second Chance, -1]),

Equipment: cell phone, comm link, Vindicators Uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat])

COMBAT: Attack +2 (+4 melee), Grapple +4, Damage +0, Defense +12 (+5 flat-footed), Knockback -1, Initiative +12

SAVES: Toughness +4 (+2 flat-footed), Fortitude +4, Reflex +12, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (Neo-Sapien)

Abilities 8 + Skills 5 (20 ranks) + Feats 22 + Powers 65 + Combat 8 + Saves 12 = 120 points
Michuru81 wrote:Another player character, Fluke is in the hands of Dan, the player behind Portal and Tick-tock (amongst others).

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 am

These are a great listing of characters, and they are all original? Awesome. Keep up the fine work.