Iron Kingdoms [Caine, Reaper by smashed247]

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
smashed247
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by smashed247 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:40 am

Jalinth wrote: Smashed, what builds are you planning to do next? While having multipliable versions of a given jack isn't a bad thing, I just don't do enough builds to want to do one, only to find someone else has just uploaded another version.
I've got the Reaper Helljack, the Devout Light Warjack and the Reckoner Heavy Warjack done. I've also done Lieutenant Alistair Caine and 3/4 of Grand Scrutator Severius, but I'm not really comfortable with the amount of Free Action powers that warcasters have been given so I'm still unsure whether to post them as they are or not. What do other people think about the warcasters' current power arrays?
In the long run I'm planning to go through the books and make sure we have a build for each unit/solo/warcaster/etc. from one book before moving onto the next book. If you want to divide up the units, I'll take the Protectorate of Menoth, 'cos I like the units and the warjack designs (even though I hate the faction's guts)

P.S. Sorry if I've posted one of the 'jacks you were gonna' post.
"...Then he comes at me with the teapot and he asks, 'Why so British?'" ~Bakura, Yu-gi-oh the abridged series

Jalinth
Titan
Titan

Post by Jalinth » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:01 am

No worries about repeats then. I've got all Warbeasts partially completed. Skorne and Everblight to be precise.

I'm in favor of the current Warcaster builds, they do convert the Warmachine casters fairly well. I'd love to see you post what you have. If you decide to do a different interpretation for future casters, I wouldn't mind seeing them either. Perhaps we can talk more after we see how the Journeyman Warcaster works in the one shot?
Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
What God abandoned, these defended,
And saved the sum of things for pay.
-A.E. Housman

smashed247
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by smashed247 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:18 am

Okay here's my first attempt at a warcaster:
Lieutenant Alistair Caine (PL14/220PP)

"I saw Caine in action once. Five or six years ago. He'd accused a man of treason, called him out to duel in the scrap yards of the industrial 'bourg. Didn't know whom he was dealing with - the poor sod chose pistols. So they walked their ten paces and there was a three count. Caine vanished on two-and-a-half and reappeared an arm's length behind his opponent. Twin streaks of sunlight flashed from his guns. Caine twirled and holstered 'em before the dead man hit the ground...then he just turned towards us and grinned. Some of the brutes applauded him. I was disgusted. No man should be shot from behind. If I'd been Watch captain then, I'd have put him up in the pillory right there." - Corvis Watch Commander, Julian Helstrom.

Abilities (26): Str 12 (+1), Dex 18 (+4), Con 14 (+2), Int 12 (+1), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 16 (+3)

Combat (26): Atk +7, +12 (Ranged); Dam +5 (Sword), +9 (Spellstorm pistol), +9 (Arcane Blast), +10 (Thunder strike); Def +14 (+3 FF); Init +4

Saves (20): Tough +6, Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +12

Skills (18 ): Bluff 7(+10/+14), Concentration 10 (+12), Craft (Mechanical) 4 (+6 ), Diplomacy 6(+9/+13), Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 6 (+7), Knowledge (Streetwise) 8(+9), Knowledge (Tactics) 4 (+7 ), Knowledge (Technology) 4 (+7 ), Notice 6 (+8 ), Profession (Soldier) 4 (+6), Sense Motive 6 (+8 ), Sleight of Hand 7(+11)

Feats (11): Attack Focus (Ranged) 5, Attractive, Benefit: Status (Lieutenant and warcaster in Cygnaran military), Dodge Focus 2, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative

Powers (121):
Contact Cortex: Communication 2 (mental; Extra: Area; Flaw: Limited [steamjacks only]; Power Feats: Rapid, Selective) 1pp/rank 4pp

Enhanced Feat: Minions 9 (Extras: Heroic, Fanatical; Flaw: Limited [warjacks only]) 1pp/rank 18pp

Call Pistol: Move Objects 2 (Extras: Range – Perception, Action - Move; Flaws: Limited – Spellstorm pistols only, Limited – Towards Caine only, Check Required [Concentration]) 1pp/rank 2pp

Gun Scrye: ESP 8 (Visual & Hearing; Extras: No Conduit; Flaws: Medium – Spellstorm pistols, Unreliable 2 [1/day]; Power Feats: Subtle) 1pp/rank 9pp

Focus: Variable Power 10 (multiple powers with the arcane, magic, and Focus descriptors; Flaw: Limited [to powers listed below]; Power Feats: Dynamic) 5pp/rank (53pp)
:arrow: Power Field: Force Field 2 (Extra: Impervious [Layered 2]) (10pp)
:arrow: Boost (any trait) 3 (Extras: Action [Standard -> Free], Alternate Save [Fortitude -> Will], Range [Touch -> Perception]; Flaws: Check Required [Concentration], Limited [self or warjacks within Contact Cortex range only], Limited [fades completely after one round]) (9pp)
:arrow: Extra Attack 1 (Extras: Action [Full -> Free], Unlimited [not required to attack with same weapon/power each time]; Flaw: Check Required (Concentration) (8pp)
:arrow: Extra Attack 1 (Extras: Action [Full -> Free], Affects Others Only-> {Action [Standard -> Reaction], Range [Touch -> Perception]}, Unlimited [not required to attack with same weapon/power each time]; Flaws: Check Required (Concentration), Limited [warjacks within Contact Cortex range only]) (12pp)
:arrow: Arcane Blast: Blast 9 (force, magic; Extras: Area [targeted burst] 3; Flaw: Check Required [Concentration]) (12pp)
:arrow: Blur: Shield 4 (visual distortion; Extras: Affects Others -> {Action [Standard -> Free], Area [general burst], Range [Touch -> Ranged], Selective Attack}; Flaws: Check Required [Concentration], Limited [effective vs. ranged attacks only]) (20pp)
:arrow: Flash: Teleport 5 (Extras: Accurate; Flaws: Short range, Check required [Concentration]; Power Feats: Easy, Change Direction, Change Velocity) (8pp)
:arrow: Deadeye: Boost Attack Focus (Ranged) 5 (Extras: Action [Standard -> Free], Alternate Save [Fortitude -> Will], Area [general burst], Range [Touch -> Ranged], Selective Attack; Flaws: Check Required [Concentration], Limited [fades completely after one round]) (20pp)
:arrow: Snipe: Enhanced Feats: Attack Focus (Ranged) and Improved Range (Extras: Affects Others -> {Action [Standard -> Free], Area [general burst], Range [Touch -> Ranged], Selective Attack}; Flaw: Check Required [Concentration]) (12pp)
:arrow: Thunder Strike: Blast 10 (Force, magic; Extras: Linked [Move Object]; Flaws: Check Required [Concentration]), Move Object 8 (Force; Heavy Load: 3tons; Extras: Linked [Blast]; Flaws: Limited – Move away from caster only) (18pp)
-DAP: Gun Mage Spells: Variable Array 8 (Any powers with the magic descriptor)

Maelstrom: Blast 9 (Extras: Area – Burst, Selective Attack; Flaws: Range – Touch, Unreliable 2 [1 use per day]; Drawbacks: Power loss – Must have both Spellstorm Pistols in hand) 1pp/rank 10pp

Spellstorm pistol (2): Device (easy to lose) 4 3pp/rank 12pp
:arrow: Blast 9 (mechanikal, ballistic; Extras: Autofire; Flaws: Requires a move action to reload) 18pp
:arrow: Range Amplifier: Enhanced Feats 1 (Improved Range) 1pp

Sword: Device (easy to lose) 1 3pp
:arrow: Strike 4 (Power Feats: Mighty) 1pp/rank 5pp

Warcaster Armor: Device (hard to lose) 2 4pp/rank 8pp
:arrow: Protection 4 (mechanikal) 1pp/rank 4pp
:arrow: Shield 6 (mechanikal) 1pp/rank 6pp

Complications: Enemy (Khador, Protectorate of Menoth, Cryx, Skorne), Reputation (Ner-do-well), Responsibility (protect Cygnar)

Abilities 26 + Combat 26 + Saves 20 + Skills 18 + Feats 11 + Powers 121 = 222

Tradeoffs: Varies

Notes
:arrow: Lieutenant Allistair Caine is the black sheep of the Cygnaran warcasters. The only reason he hasn't been kicked out of service is because of his skill.
:arrow: Allistair is not a team-player, unlike the other Cygnaran warcasters he has very few powers that can boost his allies, but he is quite considerably the most offensively powerful of the Cygnaran Warcaster (setting aside Haley's Variable Wizard Array). He also quite a bit harder to hit than the other warcasters and isn't a total sitting duck when caught flat-foote.
:arrow: Unlike Haley & Stryker, Caine took levels in Gun Mage before becoming a Warcaster, which explains why his Variable Array isn't as powerful or as versatile, its also the reason why he has Gun Scrye & Call Pistol, effectively his spellstorm pistols are his familiars.
:arrow: On the subject of Caine's Spellstorm pistols; they have the ability to extend the range of any spell channeled through them. Caine's Maelstrom ability is also focused around them, in performing the ability he shots off a myriad of shots in every direction with unerring accuracy.
Last edited by smashed247 on Mon May 12, 2008 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...Then he comes at me with the teapot and he asks, 'Why so British?'" ~Bakura, Yu-gi-oh the abridged series

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:45 pm

Smashing. :wink:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

smashed247
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by smashed247 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:23 pm

Libra wrote:Smashing. :wink:
Thank ye kindly :D

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun May 04, 2008 4:36 am

No problem, it's my pleasure to peruse the Think Tank. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

smashed247
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by smashed247 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:03 am

Reaper (PL12/MR12/178PP)

Size (12): Large

Abilities (-1): Str 26 (+8 ), Dex 14 (+2), Con -- (N/A), Int 8 (-1), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 1 (-5)

Combat (26): Atk +12; Dam +13 (helldriver [sustained attack/initial strike]), +12 (harpoon), +11 (tusks); Grapple +25; Def +1 (-1 FF); Init +2

Saves (31): Tough +19 (Impervious 8 ), Fort N/A, Ref +8, Will +6

Feats (3): Dodge Focus 2, Fearless

Powers (114):
Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects) 1pp/rank 30pp
Immunity 10 (Fire and electricity damage; Flaw: Limited [half effect]) 1pp/2rank 5pp
Super-Senses 2 (Darkvision) 1pp/rank 2pp

Impervious Toughness 8 1pp/rank 8pp
Harpoon: Blast 12 (Mechanikal, piercing; Extras: Linked [Snare]; Drawbacks: Lethal, Reduced Range 2 [24ft]) 2pp/rank 21pp
Snare 8 (Extras: Linked [Blast], No saving throw; Flaws: Entangle only; Limited - Only if target suffers at least an injured status form the linked Blast; Power Feats: Tether; Drawbacks: targets Reduced Range 2[16ft]) 2pp/ranks 14pp

Super-Strength 2 (Heavy Load: 1.5tons; Flaws: Limited – Tethered targets only) 1pp/rank 2pp

Tusks: Strike 3 (piercing; Power Feat: Mighty) 1pp/rank 4pp

Helldriver: Sustained Attack: Strike 13 (mechanikal, piercing; Extras: Range - Perception; Flaws: Limited – Only useable against targets that have been hit by the Helldriver’s Initial Attack this round) 2pp/rank 27pp
-AP: Initial Attack: Strike 7 (mechanical, piercing; Power Feats: Mighty)

Drawbacks (-7): Disability: Mute (Uncommon, Minor), Slow Movement 1 (base land speed 30ft), No Hands (Very Common, Major) -5

Size 12 + Abilities -1 + Combat 26 + Saves 31 + Feats 3 + Powers 133 + Drawbacks -7 = 197

Tradeoffs: Offensive PL 13, Defensive PL 10; -3 Atk / +3 Save DC, -9 Def / +9 Tough

:arrow: And with the addition of the Reaper, all of the Warjacks from Warmachine: Prime have been statted on this thread.:D Onto Escalation!....As soon as I can find my book.
:arrow: The same issue of cost that came up with the Slayer comes up with the Reaper again here, this time the reason being the Reaper's special rules are quite complex and the most appropriate ways, that Servitor_2152 & I could come up with, of representing them in M&M are pretty expensive.
:arrow: Harpoon’s tabletop special rule is as follows: Drag – If the Harpoon causes damage, its target is reeled into base-to-base contact with the Reaper, stopping short only if it comes into contact with another model or terrain feature. The Reaper cannot drag models with a larger base size than it
:arrow: The Helldriver's tabletop special rule is (paraphrased) as follows: Sustained Assault - Any attacks made with the Helldriver after the first successful attack made with it in the same round automatically hit In Warmachine one'd typically have a warcaster to boost the Reaper's number of Attacks by spending their focus.
:arrow: The Reaper is prime example of how, though you can use these builds on their own, a number of them're best used together.

Ares
Hero
Hero

Re: Iron Kingdoms [Caine, Reaper by smashed247]

Post by Ares » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:15 am

Resurrection, PUNCH!

Seriously, I have a lot of fun memories regarding this thread, especially when it wound up invading other posters universes. ^_^

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Sidious » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:35 am

I think it's great, though I'm noticing a lack of Rhinodon and Molik Karn. ;)
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

Ares
Hero
Hero

Post by Ares » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:56 am

Topping this, because even several years after the last post, this was still a fun thread.