Nareik123: Isaac Clarke actually finished!

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Dirigible
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Dirigible » Sat May 17, 2008 5:03 pm

Actually, lasguns being pathetic “flashlights” is a common misconception, and a joke that people like to perpetuate, but it's not really true.
Simple way to check: what're the stats for a lasgun? What're the stats for a stubber / slugger?

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Sidious » Sat May 17, 2008 7:56 pm

Lasgun is Str 3 IRCC.

Stubber is a 4(?) and has the "gets hot" rule?

dude, give me a 5 man Havoc squad with 4 heavy bolters any day of the week.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

TheFinalSon
Compatriot
Compatriot

Post by TheFinalSon » Sat May 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Well yes, Bolters are better. But remember that Bolters are essentially mini rocket-launchers. Bolts are filled with explosives inside. I mean, it is 38 thousand years in the future. Expect every type of weapon to be 10 steps better, even if the technological level has been degrading for millennia, it was still improving up until the Dark Age of Technology, which is still many thousands of years advanced ahead of us!

I'm basically just talking converting the fluff really, rather than going by the crunch, which is pretty inconsistent. To me, even though it might ostensibly make more sense to do a direct crunch-to-crunch conversion, in this case, since they're whole different types of games (wargame, RPG), I think it makes more sense to convert fluff to crunch than crunch to crunch. Anyway, that's just my $0.02.
Chronicles of Fate
"When the world ends, the battle begins."
E'en when the story's told,
The battle's lost or won,
He who'll never let it end,
You know - Final Son

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Dark Eldar Raider (Equipment for the Sybarite)

Post by Nareik123 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:05 am

Raider: Vehicle

Size:
Huge (2pp)

Toughness
5 Basic, +4 (Size bonus)
Total Toughness: 9

Defence
10, -2 (Size modifier)
Total Defence: 8

Movement
Alternate Power to Dark Lance: Skimmer (Flight 4)

Weapons
Dark lance (Blast 8 (Power Extra: Penetrating)) (24pp+1pp)

Total: 27pp

Designers notes:

I've been away, so i thought I will thrash out the Raider.

The Raider is the Dark Eldars main way of winning combat. The Dark Eldar infantry suck, lets be honest. They specialize on being a mechanized (all vehicle riding army) and have little in the terms of staying power. Sidious stated that a 5 man havoc squad with four heavy bolters is nasty, let me just say, the Dark Eldar infantry might as well turn around and fly home if they face it with no mobility.

The vehicle is mainly used for a quick jump in, not for slugging wars. The Vehicle is patheticly easy to destroy, but that is intententional! If facing small arms fire, the Dark Eldar warriors can lean over the sides and return fire.

There you go. Now, the next event:

Sergeant Draksel pushed his way through the ruins of the pillaged village. Death had dogged his every step, every town or village he had visited, they were all burned to the ground when he left. He spat, making the sign of the Aquila as he saw a destroyed church.
"Those poor people" whispered Private Huk, a new recruit only recently placed into his squad a week ago.
"Son, imagine seeing this scene everyday and you have my life" Draksel spat back. Then suddenly, he heard a scream, as a vehicle on some accursed Xenos technology flew over the wrecks of the houses.
"Emperor protect us! Its the foul Xenos scum!" Draksel yelled. He dropped backwards, unsheathing his chainsword as he watched the Autocannon Team deploy their weapon.

Good, he reflected, they were going to need it.

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Thu May 22, 2008 11:27 pm

Ruins of Destruction

Set up

Draksel and his squad are currently near some ruins they immediately throw themselves into when Draksel shouts the warning. The ruins offer Draksel and his squad an additional +3 defense bonus.

The Dark Elder raiding party are two turns hand to hand away, assuming the Raider does move towards them.

Stay tuned for round 1!

Oh yes, and the stakes of this battle. If the Guard win, i will do more forces of chaos. If the Dark Eldar win, i'll bring along some more loyalists.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun May 25, 2008 12:41 pm

Hmmm. This looks interesting Nareik. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

For the Greater Good!

Post by Nareik123 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:19 am

The fight is being postponed. I think I need to thrash out a couple of more 40K troopers.

Those who are proficient in 40K might know the next army by the Title of this post.

Bring on the Tau!

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Tau Fire Warrior

Post by Nareik123 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Tau Fire Warrior

Name: Tau Fire Warrior (Shas'La)
Height: Variable
Weight: Variable
Eyes: Variable

PL: 3

Stats:
Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 10 (+0)
Con: 10 (+0)
Int: 10 (+1)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 10 (+0)
Cost: 2

BAB: 3
BDB: 3
Initiative: 0
Cost: 16

Saves:
Toughness: +3 (+3 Protection)
Fortitude: +1 (+1 Con)
Reflex: +0 (+0 Dex)
Will: +2 (+1 Wis)
Cost: 1

Skills:
Disguise 1 (+1)
Gather Information 1 (+1)
Knowledge: Civics 1 (+1)
Knowledge: Current events 1 (+1)
Profession: Soldier 1 (+2)
Cost: 5

Feats:
Interpose
Move by action
Teamwork
Well Informed
Cost: 4

Powers:
Device 4 [Pulse Rifle] (Hard to lose)
Blast 5 (Extra: Autofire (Extra: Increase Range))

Butt Strike (Strike 2)

Tau Body Armour (Protection 3)
Cost: 20

Costs: Abilities (2) + Combat (12) + Saves (1) + Skills (5) + Feats (4) + Powers (24) - Drawbacks (00) = 48

Designer Notes

The Tau Fire Warriors are rated as the best shooting unit in the game. With increased range compared to everybody else, and a stronger gun, the Fire Warriors can mess everybody up with disciplined Fire.

The nature of the Tau means everybody is informed of their enemy. Their is no distrust in the Tau society, everybody works for the Greater Good of their species. This also means one Tau will sacrifice their life for another if it benefits the greater good.

There is one major flaw. The Tau are rubbish in hand to hand combat. As you can see, even Imperial Guardsmen outfight Tau in hand to hand. (Albeit that Tau are better protected) So Tau are also a Mechanized army.

Anyway, next for the Tau Shas'ui.
Last edited by Nareik123 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Emerald Flame » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:48 pm

Hmmm... 41st Millenium....

One word.....

NECRON

Let the Harvest begin!!
Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:52 pm

toughness save should be +3 for the armor protection but looks ok.

also fluff wise msot tau would have a hand weapon (knife of some sort) and photon grenades.

Ir ead the fire warrior novel pretty good novel even if the game was crap.

Also it should be noted/. Itys not that the tau are rubbish in HtoH they arent in relative terms they are better then IG in that regard.

BUT and this is the important part. Tau martial philosophy focus's on ranged combat. They view HtoH as a dirty business.

too many people make the mistake of thinking they cant fight in mellee. They can and they do train in it. But its very difficult for them to wrap the concept around their brains.

they find ranged combat mroe civilized.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:59 pm

The game was awesome!

Anyway: Announcement!

I am personally looking to make a character in conjunction with another person.

This is for a few reasons.

1) To improve my standing with the other users on this boards.
2) To take aboard tips from other, more experienced people.
3) To try and share my expertise with fluff.

So, all those who would like to develop a working partnership, please PM me.
I am usually free on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays, but I can make time on Thursdays.

Thanks

Nareik123

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:02 pm

I'm always willing to help out :) So just let me know.
Joshuadunlow@gmail.com , is an account anyone can reach me on.
As well as a constant lurker on these boards, with many threads and my own.
Last edited by JoshuaDunlow on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:06 pm

=^_^= Same here Im allways willing to help out. I can be reached by PM here on the boards and I check them regularly so feelf ree to ask me any time.

I also have my own thread titled ""Showdown At the Litterbox"" feel free to look in any time
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Emerald Flame » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:18 pm

I will lend the use of my thoughts if you want them...

When I first got here to the Think Tank, there were numerous people who helped me out and I willingly return the favor.
Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Nareik123 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:27 pm

Oh yes, and for future references, I have updated my intro page.