Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Fábrica de Heróis Translated

Have an M&M fan Web site? Find a great place to get superhero miniatures? Have miniature conversion tips or any other resources like that? Put 'em in here.

Postby TheComet » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:16 pm

For those of you who like the "Hero-O-Matic" website, I've worked out a translation guide from Portuguese to English. Of course, once you know what a given button does, this translation isn't necessary, but I've had a few friends be interested in the site but who balked when they found it wasn't in English. I made this for them, and am sharing it with you. :)

Here's the website:
http://fabricadeherois.blogspot.com/

The START button is all the way at the bottom of the page, a button that says CRIAR!!!

The elements with letters after them (like Olhos A, Olhos B) represent different layers. The higher letters are on top of the lower letters, so if you pick Luvas A, then want to add an element from Luvas B, the “B” will be on top of the “A.” Some elements will always be over other elements, though, regardless of what letter they are. For example an “Elmo” (Hat/Helmet) will always be on top of Máscara (Mask).

Aparéncia = Appearance
Cabeça = Head
Pele = Skin
Olhos A, B = Eyes
Nariz = Nose
Boca = Mouth
Orelhas = Ears
Testa = Horns
Cabelo A, B = Hair
Barba = Beard
Bigode = Mustache
Membros S. = Hand style
Membros I. = Foot style
Asas A, B = Wings
Cauda = Tail

Roupas 1 = Group 1
Máscara A, B, C, D = Mask
Camisa A, B, C, D = Shirt
Pemas A, B, C, D = Legs (tights, briefs, and other leg coverings)
Luvas A, B, C, D = Gloves
Pés A, B, C, D = Feet (socks, boots, and other foot coverings)

Roupas 2 = Group 2
Elmo A, B = Helmet, hat (also glasses and other eye coverings)
Pescoço A, B = Neck (collars, cape fronts, ties, etc.)
Peitoral A, B = Pectoral (jackets, coats, vests, etc.)
Ombros A, B = Shoulders (epaulettes, shoulder guards, etc.)
Costas A, B = Back (mostly capes, but also has a jet pack)
Cintura A, B = Belt
Calças A, B = Pants (also has skirts and pockets)
Punhos A, B = Wrists (also has gauntlets)
Botas A, B = Boots

Acessórios = Accessories, equipment
M. Direita = Right hand (mostly weapons, but there are books and other objects)
M. Esquerda = Left hand (no selections yet, this must be a placeholder for a future expansion)
Simbolo A, B = Symbol (it appears on the chest, but you can also move the symbol around by clicking on it, and dragging it where you want it to be)
Mascote A, B = Mascot, companion (right now, very limited with just a dog and a hyena)
Poder A, B, C, D = Power (glowing hands, fiery sheath, etc. most are pre-colored, but you can select a color to replace the white one)
Tatuagens = Tattoos (very limited selection)
Cicatrizes = Scars (no selections yet, this must be a placeholder for a future expansion)
Cenários = Scenes (only a very plain background so far)
Base = Base (no selections yet, this must be a placeholder for a future expansion)

There are also buttons across the bottom for color, shading and texture, and transparency.

At this point, there's no way to print or save your image from the website. The only way to do this is to hit your Print Screen key and import the image into a picture editing program like MS Paint or Photoshop.
Last edited by TheComet on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Organic material taken form the core of Halley's Comet in 1987, seeded into a humanoid form and given sentience: she is THE COMET!
TheComet
Comrade
Comrade

Postby FinalEclipse » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:47 am

Thanks for the translation, Comet...that makes using this program about 10 times easier. I wish the format for selecting things was more like Hero-Machine, but beyond that, I love this program. :D
Check out Eclipse Studios! 2E Builds and fights!

3E Coming Soon!

Mark Reuter: so technically, if you are falling and conscious, you are better off to make a slam attack against the Earth.
FinalEclipse
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Brutorz Bill » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:00 am

FinalEclipse wrote:Thanks for the translation, Comet...that makes using this program about 10 times easier. I wish the format for selecting things was more like Hero-Machine, but beyond that, I love this program. :D

I agree with you. The format is a little "wonky" but otherwise this thing Rocks!!
Brutorz Bill
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby darktouch » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:41 am

I'd managed to figure out most of these by peicing together memories from high school spanish. Thank you very much for the tip about moving around the symbol on the chest. No amount of spanish was going to get me that information.
darktouch
Hero
Hero

Postby Captain Midnight » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:30 pm

I love the program, but I am struggling with printing--any ideas?

Thanks!
Be the change you want to see in the world.
-Gandhi
Captain Midnight
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby TheComet » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:18 am

You have to take a screen shot of the finished hero, and import it into a picture-editing program in order to save it and print it.

If you're using Windows, you should be able to hit your PRINT SCREEN key. Then, open up MS Paint (or some other picture editor) and either right-click and select PASTE or hit CTL+V to import the image.
Organic material taken form the core of Halley's Comet in 1987, seeded into a humanoid form and given sentience: she is THE COMET!
TheComet
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Captain Midnight » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:56 am

You rock--!!! I struggled with this thing for a while before your post-- thanks a ton.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
-Gandhi
Captain Midnight
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Wasabi » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:06 am

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Comet this translation has proven to be a true godsend! You offically rock!
~ Wasabi ~
Essentially not everyone can be a hero because some people need saving. And someone needs to be the guy to save the civilians from.
Wasabi
Henchman
Henchman

Postby JohnMatrix » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:48 am

Fabrica de Herois has gone from alpha to beta yesterday. It's lost the 3/4 view and moved to a face-on portrait. Some new features are now live, but currently it only supports Heroic Male figures (no brick, athlete, heroine anymore and still no boy and girl wonders).

The colour system appears to be a bit buggy, but if you select another element and go back to the one your trying to colour and reselect the new colour it should work.

If anyone can find a link to the older version it would be cool.
JohnMatrix
Bystander
Bystander

Postby cf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:34 am

I've just found a link to the old version stored in rapidshare.
http://rapidshare.com/files/133970420/fabrica.rar.html

At a quick glance, the flash seems to be working ok. Hope it helps.
[]'s
Carlos Frederico

Or Captain Freedom?
cf
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Warhawk » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:22 am

Welcome CF!!
Warhawk
Bystander
Bystander

Postby JohnMatrix » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.
JohnMatrix
Bystander
Bystander

Postby ultaraguyver » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:13 am

The female Heroine is up, just trying it out now.
ultaraguyver
Hireling
Hireling

Postby darktouch » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:47 pm

Those flash pages are going in a special directory along with my City of Heroes stand alone generator.

Good news though. The beta version is now up to everything but the Brick body type and there is an option to switch between Portugese and English in the top right now.
darktouch
Hero
Hero

Postby Paragon » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Just wish there was a way to download this; I kind of hate web-only apps, being a dial up dinosaur...
And we by this sole token;
Know we once were gods;
Take shame in being broken;
No matter how great the odds.
Paragon
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Next

Return to Fan Resources