Jab's Builds: 2nd Edition Stuff (Kept in Reserve)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:06 am

Jabroniville wrote:Never heard of La Bandera, but I have the issues of Captain America in question where Hauptmann came in. I just avoided statting him because I had no good ideas at the time, but I'll likely take another shot at it.

And I'm definitely interested in seeing some other European heroes' bios and such. I've never heard of either of them.

That's because the 5 issues were never published outside Italy, and even in Italy they are almost impossible to find. As soon as I found my copies I'll give you all the informations.

About La Bandera, she apperared on 3 or 4 issues of Wolverine, during the X-men Australia period. She was described as a mutant with "the power of inspiration", IMHO she was one of the least interesting characters of that period, but for sake of completeness...

And oh yes, you will be seeing WC Avengers Hank Pym, alongside Yellowjacket. Soon as I figure out if Yellowjacket Pym ACTUALLY shrank as well, since the guy never did that at all in Avengers Forever.

Yes he can, I had some old Avengers issues, around the Kree-Skrull war, and here Hank in his Yellowjacket period was able to shrink at will.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:29 am

YELLOWJACKET (Hank Pym)- Classic Avengers (Late 1960s)
PL 10 (170)

ST 16 (+3) DEX 18 (+4) CON 18 (+4) INT 18 (+4) WIS 10 CHA 14 (+2)

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Bluff 6 (+9)
Computers 5 (+9)
Craft (Mechanical) 6 (+10)
Craft (Electronic) 6 (+10)
Drive 3 (+5)
Intimidate 2 (+5)
Investigate 5 (+5)
Knowledge (Earth Sciences) 3 (+7)
Knowledge (Life Sciences) 6 (+10)
Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 5 (+10)
Knowledge (Technology) 5 (+10)
Notice 6 (+6)
Pilot 4 (+6)
Search 4 (+4)
Sense Motive 5 (+5)

Feats:
Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Focus (Melee) 4, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 2, Power Attack, Takedown Attack

Powers:
"Permanently Injested Pym Particles"
Shrinking 20 (Extras: Normal Strength) [40]

"Yellowjacked Costume" Device 7 (hard to lose) [28]
Protection 2 (2)
"Vibrating Wings" Leaping 4 (5)
AP: Flight 2 (Flaws: Limited- Only While Shrunk)
"Stingers" Blast 8 (16)
Animal Control 5 (Feats: Communication Link) (Extras: Area-Burst) (Flaws: Limited- Insects Only) (11)

Saves:
Toughness +4 (+6 Yellowjacket, +8 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Reflex +7, Will +4

Combat:
Attack +7 (+11 Melee), Damage +3 (+8 Stinger), Defense +9 (+11 Dodge), Initiative +4

Complications:
Secret ("Killed" Hank Pym)
Responsibility (Loves The Wasp)

Abilities: 32 / Skills: 76--19 / Feats: 11 / Powers: 68 / Saves: 8 / Combat: 32 (170)

-Hank as Yellowjacket is a whole different animal than the other Pym variants. He can still shrink, but he's got a unique outfit, some different powers, and a whole new personality. This version of Pym had a lasting influence, as fans would consistently beg to have the old school Yellowjacket back when Pym was running around in his TERRIBLE Giant-Man & Goliath costumes, being The Avengers' top flunky to get punched out by Ultron right away. Me, I'm still trying to figure out how his "I'm not really Hank Pym" thing not only managed to not get him committed straight away, but made Jan FALL for him.
-Yellowjacket is all but impossible to stat up within PL ranks, because he's got the Shrinking powers (with the Normal Strength Extra by definition) ON TOP of the Yellowjacket suit, which is a pretty badass piece of tech with a half-decent Blast power, Leaping & the Ant-Man insect control powers as well. He also gains a ton of strength, accuracy, dexterity and some Feats based off of his approach as a more combat-oriented character (watch his actions in Avengers Forever to see what I mean), which is essentially a big-time shift in points from his intelligence & wisdom, which take a hit as his personality changes. What's odd is that I don't remember him shrinking AT ALL in Avengers Forever, which makes me wonder if he even had that power at all during this era. It should be noted that he only really hits his caps while Shrinking, but can't go over them, as per PL level rules.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:16 am

SILVERCLAW (Maria De Guadalupe Santiago)- Kurt Busiek 1990s Revamp
PL 9 (125)

ST 10 DEX 16 (+3) CON 16 (+3) INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 12 (+1)

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+8)
Diplomacy 4 (+5)
Handle Animal 5 (+6)
Intimidate 4 (+5)
Language (Spanish, English) 1
Notice 4 (+4)
Sense Motive 4 (+4)
Stealth 4 (+7)
Survival 5 (+5)

Feats:
All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Attack Focus (Melee) 4, Dodge Focus 2, Improved Grab, Improved Pin, Power Attack, Takedown Attack

Powers:
"Silver Form"
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
Protection 5 [5]
Shapeshift 8 (Flaws: Limited- South American Animal Were-Forms Only -2) [48]
*common powers include Enhanced Strength 18, Growth 4, Strike 2, Super-Senses (Enhanced Scent, Sight & Hearing), Leaping 3, Flight 2

Saves:
Toughness +3 (+8 Silver Form), Fortitude +5, Reflex +7, Will +4

Combat:
Attack +5 (+9 Melee), Damage +0 (+8-9 Animal Forms), Defense +8 (+10 Dodge), Initiative +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Costa Verde)

Abilities: 14 / Skills: 36--9 / Feats: 12 / Powers: 54 / Saves: 10 / Combat: 26 (125)

-Consider Silverclaw another failed Busiek add-on to the team (boy, in retrospect, despite his amazing run, he didn't add alot of good members to the team, did he? Almost all of them ended up retired or in Marvel Limbo, or both), added as Jarvis' sponsor child from Costa Verde in South America, with demi-goddess based powers as an animal shape-shifter. Her fairly boring design (silver chick in jungle girl clothes) and pedestrian powers didn't help her any, and she's basically been ignored by Marvel as a whole since then.

-Silverclaw's a basic Animal Shapeshifter, usually gaining strength and the like from her transformations. She's no big-league ass-kicker, but she's a good standard PL 9, good on offense and defense. Still comes up ten points short of the max, though.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Setothes
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Setothes » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:13 pm

Woodclaw wrote:About La Bandera, she apperared on 3 or 4 issues of Wolverine, during the X-men Australia period. She was described as a mutant with "the power of inspiration", IMHO she was one of the least interesting characters of that period, but for sake of completeness...

Dragon magazine had a write-up of her for Marvel SuperHeroes, that had some sort of super-strength or energy blast that was dependent upon how many followers she had whipped up with her inspiration skills or something. It was pretty wonky and I can't imagine it being terribly playable in a game.

La Bandera - "Oh, we need someone who can shoot an energy blast. Hold on, let me go start a rally and charge up..."

Cyclops - "Yeah, you go do that." <ZARK!>

MorningKnight
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby MorningKnight » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Jabroni - the reason Yellowjacket finally had Jan fall for him was because Yellowjacket was Hank Pym without the suck, and a rockin' suit.

THIS is the Pym I want. Decisive, capable, and with a good set of threads.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:21 pm

LUKE CAGE- 2000s Brian Michael Bendis Revamp
PL 10 (140)

ST 20/28 (+5/+9) DEX 14 (+2) CON 20 (+5) INT 12 (+1) WIS 14 (+2) CHA 14 (+2)

Skills:
Bluff 5 (+7)
Drive 4 (+6)
Gather Information 7 (+9)
Intimidate 8 (+10)
Investigate 5 (+7)
Knowledge (Streetwise) 8 (+10)
Notice 6 (+8)
Pilot 2 (+4)
Search 5 (+7)
Sense Motive 8 (+10)
Stealth 3 (+5)
Survival 3 (+5)

Feats:
All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 3, Chokehold, Dodge Focus 2, Endurance, Improved Block, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Pin, Power Attack, Takedown Attack, Teamwork, Ultimate Save (Fortitude)

Powers:
"Power Man Process"
Enhanced Strength 8 [8]
Super-Strength 2 [4]
Protection 6 (Extras: Impervious 10) [16]
Immunity 3 (Hot, Cold, Pressure) [3]
Regeneration 7 (Feats: Diehard) (Recovery Bonus +3, Injured 2, Staggered 2) [8]

Saves:
Toughness +5 (+11 Protection), Fortitude +9, Reflex +4, Will +6

Combat:
Attack +7 (+10 Melee), Damage +9, Defense +7 (+9 Dodge), Initiative +2

Complications:
Responsibility (Jessica Jones)
Responsibility (Iron Fist)

Abilities: 34 / Skills: 64--16 / Feats: 17 / Powers: 35 / Saves: 10 /Combat: 28 (140)

-Luke Cage is one of the first major black heroes in comics, but off and on gets treated like a complete joke. Somewhat of an in-joke amongst black fans and creators for being a perfect example of white people not being able to write blacks adequately as well, it took Bendis' Avengers to make him somewhat less of a joke (pretty much every series he's been a part of since the 70s has been an absolute failure). And say what you will about Bendis, Civil War, etc., but he's pulled off a pretty spectacular character reversal in Cage, who is now finally an Avenger and a major part of the Marvel Universe.

-A slightly under-pointed PL 10, which is what Cage basically is. A really tough, really strong guy who nonetheless isn't a total A-lister because he's decidedly street-level. He won't make quite full caps on offense, but he's close.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:25 am

Who in hell came up with THIS design?

GILGAMESH (aka The Forgotten One)- Unpopular 1980s Addition
PL 11 (198)

ST 38 (+14) DEX 14 (+2) CON 30 (+10) INT 12 (+1) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 14 (+2)

Skills:
Bluff 4 (+6)
Gather Information 4 (+6)
Handle Animal 5 (+7)
Intimidate 6 (+8)
Knowledge (History) 8 (+9)
Language (Several) 3
Notice 6 (+7)
Search 4 (+5)
Sense Motive 4 (+5)
Stealth 4 (+6)
Survival 8 (+9)

Feats:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 2, Dodge Focus 2, Endurance, Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Pin, Improved Sunder, Power Attack

Powers:
"Eternal Power-Set"
Immunity 9 (Life Support) [9]
Regeneration 16 (Feats: Diehard, Persistent, Regrowth) (Recovery +4, Bruised 3, Unconscious 1, Injured 3, Staggered 2, Disabled 3) (Flaws: Concentration Check Required) [11]
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 8) [10]
Blast 8 (Feats: Split Attack) [25]
Dynamic AP: Telekinesis 6
Dynamic AP: Flight 5
Dynamic AP: Teleport 5
Dynamic AP: Transform (Objects to Objects) 4

Super-Senses 2 (Enhanced Scent, Hearing) [2]
Super-Strength 9 (Feats: Groundstrike, Thunderclap) (maximum load: 3,200 tons) [20]

Saves:
Toughness +10 (+12 Protection), Fortitude +13, Reflex +4, Will +6

Combat:
Attack +6 (+8 Melee), Damage +14, Defense +6 (+8 Dodge), Initiative +2

Complications:
Responsibility (Eternals)
Responsibility (Loves Humanity)

Abilities: 60 / Skills: 56--14 / Feats: 13 / Powers: 77 / Saves: 10 /Combat: 24 (198)

-If you took a poll to see who was the worst Avenger ever, people will either vote for Hank Pym, as the current 'sucky hero' meme going around the internet, or people who were around for the late 80s will mention Gilgamesh, The Forgotten One. His whole schtick is that he was an Eternal, one of Marvel's resident "Kirby created us because he wanted to do a story about mythology, but Marvel cancelled it because nobody bought the damn books, and then co-opted them into the main continuity" characters, a representation of the Babylonian God-hero. Even though he was kind of redundant with Thor around, the writer at the time likely thought he could maybe make a decent hero out of the super-strong God character, but alas, it was not to be.

-It could've had to do with the stupid character design, which was basically a guy in a loincloth, or dressed as an animal. Or the silly name (Gilgamesh is much lamer a name than nearly every other Ancient Near Eastern name- even their CITIES had badass titles). Or the fact that he was basically a Thor without the interesting powers. But no matter why he sucked, he was off the team pretty quickly, and in the end he was casually offed in The Crossing, years later. And so it stands that this uber-powerful Eternal super-hero ended up becoming known as one of the lamest Avengers of all time.

-Despite his suckiness as a character, Gilgamesh is a BEAST. The nigh-innumerable powers of The Eternals is enough to make him cost a bazillion points in the first place; the fact that he's ALSO as strong as Hercules & Thor just adds to the cost. And yes, I figure they should only be getting around +14 as a Damage Bonus for raw strength, just to remain a bit more playable. He may even be under-powered as a PL 11, but I felt that was the best way to show how sucky and ineffectual he was for his power levels. Despite being a "great combatant among the Eternals", I figured he'd get +8 Attack Bonus and like it, since that's still PRETTY good, and I'm kind of tired of Powerhouses & Bricks who are ALSO world-class martial artists somehow. Instead, he just gets a bunch of combat feats to modify his caps if he wants to.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Liche
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Liche » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:13 am

GILGAMESH (aka The Forgotten One)- Exiled from the Externals for so long he had no name AKA The Forgotton One. At Captain America's urgings he took up a name he had used among humans in the past and became the Hero Gilgamesh.... Nope never heard of that guy. ;)
The Liche

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:03 am

no, trust me, there are suckier avengers than either pym or gilgamesh (who's apparently finagled a Res, if the previews are accurate). seriously, look up the articles of ben morse, and he'll educate you on the true suckitude of dr druid and deathcry

as for the 'yellowjacket/comitted thing, basicly when YJ made his debut, the only person he unmasked to was wasp. having lived long enough in a world of jet apes and time travel, she saw through the dementia as a 'nutty professor'-ish deal (YJ persona being the stuff pym was too chicken to say, or somesuch. i forget the exact harebrained reasonig) and announced the wedding. the rest of the avengers were planning to have them both comitted (or at least bust yj for murder and check wasp for mind control)

naturally, the circus of crime attacked the festivities, and the shock of seeing wasp in danger snapped pym to his senses and he proceeded to whup the circus as goliath.
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

The Ilethryl Knight
Superhero
Superhero

Postby The Ilethryl Knight » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:13 am

Gilgamesh was unpopular? I liked Gilgamesh! As a kid, I became a fan of his when I read a two-part Thor story with him as a guest star. (Thor vs The Forgotten One made for an awesome fight!)

Nice Build!

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:26 am

THE WASP (Janet Van Dyne-Pym)- Classic Avengers (1960s)
PL 10 (150)

ST 10 DEX 16 (+3) CON 12 (+1) INT 12 (+1) WIS 14 (+2) CHA 16 (+3)

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Bluff 5 (+8)
Concentration 2 (+4)
Diplomacy 4 (+7)
Investigate 4 (+6)
Knowledge (Business) 5 (+6)
Knowledge (Current Events) 3 (+4)
Notice 7 (+9)
Pilot 3 (+6)
Profession (Fashionista) 5 (+6)
Search 4 (+6)
Sense Motive 7 (+9)
Stealth 4 (+7)

Feats:
Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Specialization (Wasp's Stings) 2, Attractive, Benefit (Wealth), Dodge Focus 2, Evasion, Favored Environment (Airborne) 3, Improved Aim, Inspire, Leadership, Luck, Move-By Action, Precise Shot

Powers:
"Permanently Injested Pym Particles"
Shrinking 16 (Extras: Normal Strength, Normal Toughness 8) (Drawbacks: Full Strength) [39]

Flight 2 (Flaws: Limited- Only While Shrunk) [2]
"Wasp's Sting" Blast 7 (Feats: Improved Critical, Split Attack) [17]
AP: Stun 5

Saves:
Toughness +1 (-1 Wasp Size), Fortitude +4, Reflex +5, Will +6

Combat:
Attack +6 (+10 Stings, +13 Airborne, +14 Melee-Wasp Size), Damage +0 (+7 Stings), Defense +10 (+13 Airborne, +21 Wasp Size), Initiative +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Loves Hank Pym, for whatever reason)
Responsiblility (Leads The Avengers)
Reputation (Really Bad Taste in Men)

Abilities: 20 / Skills: 56--14 / Feats: 17 / Powers: 58 / Saves: 9 / Combat: 32 (150)

-The Wasp's history started out pretty badly, as the girlfriend to the lamest hero on the Avengers, but she's grown into either a Marvel Limbo denizen or a fantastic secondary leader of the Avengers, based off of which writers are in power at any given time. Her link to Hank Pym is a semi-terminal weakness, but she makes up for it in pluck, determination, and an ability to not seem like a COMPLETELY crappy choice as leader whenever Cap isn't available. But yeah, what a weak start. A 1960s fashionista, she made epically retarded decisions left and right, and made sure nobody would ever mistake Stan Lee for a feminist, despite any liberal leanings he had. Poor woman got more hysterical every issue than a whole gaggle of Deanna Trois.

-Statting Jan is merely a mixture of messing with her caps. She's got Normal Strength & Toughness for her Shrinking, but only half-strength on the Toughness part (meaning she's -2 instead of -4). Her blast is an impressive +13 in accuracy, though I'm not sure exactly how her size affects it's modifiers. I assume Normal Strength also applies to the Blast, in which case it's pretty much always the same level of accuracy to meet her caps. She's also a fairly good leader, having both Leadership and Inspire.

-She's got to make sure she stays airborne, though, or she's missing a full 3 levels on her caps. The "Favored Environment" Feat is one of the most overlooked ones I see in other builds (occasionally mine included), mainly because it's essentially a massive penalty (for 1 point, you essentially handicap yourself in TWO areas sometimes, and ONE area all the time, as you have to pick attack/defense). But for characters like Wasp, Iron Man, Silver Surfer, etc., it fits perfectly, because you almost NEVER see these people not airborne in a fight.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:29 am

Wow, Deathcry wasn't even mentioned in the Wikipedia listing; I forgot all about her. Thanks, Kreuz.

And oh god, don't get me started on Doctor Druid- The Avenger so bad, even AVENGERS call him the worst hero ever, and they're usually tactful even to guys like Living Lightning.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:09 am

See, if all Furries were just into THIS stuff, then we wouldn't mind them at all...

TIGRA (Greer Grant)- 1980s Team, West Coast Avengers
PL 9 (135)

ST 12/22 (+1/+6) DEX 14/24 (+2/+7) CON 12/24 (+1/+7) INT 12 (+1) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 16 (+3)

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+11)
Bluff 4 (+7)
Diplomacy 3 (+6)
Escape Artist 1 (+8)
Handle Animal 4 (+7)
Intimidate 4 (+7)
Knowledge (Current Events) 4 (+5)
Notice 6 (+7)
Pilot 1 (+8)
Search 4 (+5)
Sense Motive 5 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+11)
Survival 4 (+5)

Feats:
Acrobatic Bluff, All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Attack Focus (Melee) 4, Attractive, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Dodge Focus 2, Takedown Attack, Taunt, Teamwork

Powers:
"Cat-Like Body"
Enhanced Strength 10 [10]
Enhanced Dexterity 10 [10]
Enhanced Constitution 12 [12]

Super-Strength 1 [2]
Leaping 2 [2]
Speed 2 [2]
"Tail" Additional Limb 1 [1]
"Teeth & Claws" Strike 1 (Feats: Mighty, Split Attack) [4]
AP: Super-Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling)
Regeneration 4 (Recovery Bonus +2, Injured 1, Disabled 1) [4]
Super-Senses 6 (Extended Sight, Hearing & Scent, Acute Scent, Low-Light Vision, Track) [6]
"Animalistic Brain" Mind Shield 3 [3]

"Mystical Talisman" Device 1 (easy to lose) [3]
Morph 2 (To Greer Grant) (2)

Saves:
Toughness +7 (+8 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Reflex +8, Will +4

Combat:
Attack +6 (+10 Melee), Damage +7 (+8 Claws), Defense +8 (+10 Dodge), Initiative +7

Complications:
Reputation (Hedonist)

Abilities: 18 / Skills: 48--12 / Feats: 15 / Powers: 57 / Saves: 5 /Combat: 28 (135)

-Tigra started out as "The Cat", a pretty lame failed concept in the 70s to create a girl-grabbing female super-hero line of comics. Cancelled after four issues, Greer was shoved into weird one-shots and other stories, where she became a fully-tiger girl. From this point, she actually nabbed Avengers status, becoming a long-term West Coast Avenger, before pretty much vanishing from the team for the long term. Me, I'm still convinced she only has a place in comics because she's a giant excuse for every artist to draw a chick in a bikini ALL THE TIME, just because she's covered in fur, so it doesn't 'really' count as drawing a half-naked woman. Not that that's a BAD thing at all, mind you, just sayin'. There's a reason most girls don't read comics :).

-Tigra's fairly notable, though, in that even people who make tons of fun of furries will basically admit she's freaking hot. So she joins Minerva Mink in a fairly select little club.

-Tigra's a good, strong fighter with very high physical attributes across the board, and comes up a well-balanced PL 9 (135). The variety of powers that animal-people tend to have comes into play quite a bit in making people like her fairly expensive, but that's just me being as completist as possible with all the various leaping & running abilities that these heroes would realistically have.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:47 am

Reputation (Really Bad Taste in Men)

You forgot to the other 'Really'. :wink:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:50 pm

CRYSTAL- 1990s Avengers
PL 9 (120)

ST 14 (+2) DEX 14 (+2) CON 16 (+3) INT 10 WIS 12 (+1) CHA 16 (+3)

Skills:
Computers 2 (+2)
Concentration 5 (+6)
Diplomacy 4 (+7)
Handle Animal 5 (+8)
Notice 4 (+5)

Feats:
Attack Specialization (Elements) 2, Attractive, Benefit (Inhuman Royal Family), Dodge Focus 2, Endurance, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Controlling The Four Elements"
Weather Control 12 (Mix-and-Match: Distraction 2, Visibility, Hamper Movement 2) [37]
AP: "Tornado Winds" Air Control 9
AP: Water Control 9
AP: "Dust Storm" Obscure Visuals 5 (Extras: Area-Burst)
AP: "Water Blast" Blast 9 (Flaws: Limited- Requires Water)
AP: Magnetic Control 5
AP: "Earthquake" Trip 9 (Extras: Area-Burst)
AP: Burrowing 5
AP: Earth Blast 9
AP: Transform (Stone, Water, Metal to Other Shapes) 5
AP: Snare 8 (Extras: Constricting)
AP: Ignite 6 (Feats: Reversible)
AP: Suffocate 8 (Extras: Ranged)
AP: Fire Blast 8 (Extras: Area-Shapeable)
Immunity 10 (Weather Effects) [10]

"Inhuman Uniform" Device 2 (hard to lose) [8]
Immunity 7 (Heat, Cold, Fire Damage) (7)

Saves:
Toughness +3, Fortitude +2, Reflex +5, Will +5

Combat:
Attack +5 (+9 Element Effects), Damage +2 (+9 Elements), Defense +6 (+8 Dodge), Initiative +2

Drawbacks:
Weakness (Fatally Vulnerable to City Atmospheres Without Serum) [-3]

Complications:
Responsibility (The Inhuman Royal Family)
Responsiblility (Quicksilver & Luna)
Reputation (Village Bicycle of the Marvel Universe)

Abilities: 22 / Skills: 20--5 / Feats: 8 / Powers: 54 / Saves: 10 / Combat: 22 / Drawbacks: -3 (120)

-Crystal's got one of the more bizarre relationship histories in Marvel, thanks to bizarre 1960s writing mixing with bizarre 70s, 80s & 90s writing, the kind of thing that happens when you're a third-stringer female character. Initially, she was this vision of perfect beauty that Johnny Storm saw (he literally saw her for like five seconds and declared his eternal love for her on the spot- I'd bitch about Stan Lee not being able to write a proper love affair, but that is pretty accurate for teenagers) in the first arc of the Inhumans/Galactus story. So Johnny obsessed about her for twenty issues non-stop (not kidding), bitching about not being able to see her while fighting Galactus, Dr. Doom, Cosmic Doom, the Black Panther, etc., until even The Thing, normally bitching about Alicia Masters at the time, told him to shut up about it.

-Fast-forward to them actually hooking up once the barrier from Attilan was gone, they THEN discovered that she can't survive in our atmosphere, adding yet another "star-crossed lovers" aspect to them. THEN they had her hook up with Quicksilver for whatever reason (hot-headed douches are apparently her thing), producing a kid and tons of stories that nobody cared about or read. And THEN they had her cheat on him, while she joined the Avengers for that horrid early-90s period (you know, the one where every member of the team was wearing brown jackets with "A"s on them?). And with a normal guy, too! They eventually divorced, and she retroactively hooked up with The Sentry to FURTHER add to her "Winona Ryder"-like rep for nailing EVERYBODY. Her links to the Avengers are tenuous at best, basically only being part of it during that early 90s period.

-Crystal's a low-pointed PL 9, which makes sense, given her relatively low power levels, her relative vulnerability (no armour), and her lack of Skills & Feats, since she has only had a few spurts of being a real super-hero amidst the "I'm an Inhuman and must avoid humans" aspect of her. She's still got a massively useful, wide array of powers, based off of her Elemental Control package, but that's about it.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Roll Call”