OUBLIETTE (Original 2E Builds)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:27 am

Now Eiron sounds like a character concept I can get into playing. 8)

Nice job. :D
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:24 am

Keep up the good work Michuru. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#193: Psion

Postby Michuru81 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:55 pm

PSION (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’6” / 213 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Bald (Blonde) / Blue
Place of Birth: Fitchburg, Wisconsin (July 2, 1988)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #696

Physical Description: Lucas is a portly young man of slightly below-average height who routinely shaves his head bald (to keep from having to endure the cap of blonde curls he is naturally endowed with). Hating how the skintight uniform emphasize his bloated physique, Lucas wears a black and white checkered flannel over his torso in an attempt to hide what he affectionately refers to as ‘moobs’.

Biography: Little is known of Lucas’ life prior to joining the New Vindicators Academy.

NEW VINDICATORS: Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas – In his elation at being asked out by Chienne Bedford, Magnus Loder asked Lucas Howell to psionically scry on the female constituency of the school and find a girl who would go to homecoming with Drew Jenkins. Doing so caused Lucas to peer into the mind of Lawanda Murphy and gleam the truth of Addison Truman’s death—including the involvement of Professor Alston and Mister Jorgenson.

Lucas proceeded to scan the minds of the teachers, looking for one he could trust. He learned where Doctor Bradley and Miss DiMera’s loyalties lay but was unable to learn about Miss Jordan’s involvement, thanks to her immunity to his abilities.

Knowing that his abilities could hinder their attempts to move secretly, the Affiliation watched him careful and when he began to act suspiciously they knew that the young man was a casualty waiting to happen. Chimera contacted the Esper electronically, asking him to meet in the Wreck Room to discuss the Affiliation.

Though the meeting concluded with Lucas’ death it was hardly the end of his story. Realizing that he lacked the physical abilities to adequately defend himself, Lucas ejected his soul to the Astral Plane and watched in horror as Chimera, posed as Deimos, ended the young Esper’s life.

For months after Lucas tried to reach his companions. He tried to reach out to them in their dreams—warning them of things to come. Ultimately he was unsuccessful in fully articulating to them the Affiliation’s goals. It wasn’t until the clandestine group moved the comatose body of Katie Merrick within range of his body that he was able to possess her slumbering form.

In control of her body he moved to gather what forces he could and grouped together Captain Canada, Quint and Sarah Anderson—forming a ragtag band he dubbed the Outcasts. Together the group recruited Gumshoe and Magnus Loder’s negative side and struck out against the Affiliation.

In the aftermath of the battle Lucas coaxed Katie’s consciousness out of the coma ZERO had dropped her into four months prior and departed to finally rest in peace.

STR 11 (+0), DEX 10 (+0), CON 9 (-1), INT 15 (+2), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Bluff 4 (+6), Concentration 4 (+6), Knowledge (popular culture) 4 (+6), Search 4 (+6), Notice 4 (+6)

FEATS: Equipment 2, Taunt, Teamwork 2

POWERS: Astral Form 3 (Alternate Powers: Possession 5), Communication 8 (Mental; Extras: Area [Burst, +1], Affects Others [+1]; Flaws: Duration [Concentration, -1]; Power Feats: Progression 3 [10 people], Selective), Comprehend 2 (Languages [Understand and Understood]), Mimic 5 (Feats; Extras: Range [Perception, +2]; Flaws: Saving Throw [Will, -1]), Mind Shield 4, Telepathy 8 (Alternate Powers: Dream Control 5, ESP 4 [all], Illusion 5 [all; Flaws: Phantasms {-1}], Mental Blast 4), Super-Senses 1 (Additional Senses: Danger Sense [mental])

Equipment: cell phone, commlink, laptop, Vindicators Uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat])

COMBAT: Attack +4, Grapple +4, Damage +0, Defense +4 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -0, Initiative +0

SAVES: Toughness +1, Fortitude +1, Reflex +2, Will +8 (+12 versus mental)

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (Super-Powered Being), Reputation (Lazy)

Abilities 13 + Skills 5 (20 ranks) + Feats 5 + Powers 71 + Combat 16 + Saves 10 = 120 points

Michuru81 wrote:Meet Psion, the only student from the NVA’s 2007 graduating class who had yet to be statted out. Some of you may notice he’s PL 8 which… ordinarily shouldn’t mean much unless you take into account that some of the other members of his graduating class are PL 1-3.

For those of you who don’t know, the longest running game in my campaign universe is New Vindicators—a game surrounding a high school for super-powered kids that seems to get attacked on an annual basis. In the beginning I had gave my players an allowance of 15 points to build their PL 1 characters. To make things worse I started their stats at 8, rather than 10. Every session I let them raise one of their abilities a point—so that over the course of the twelve sessions I had plotted for the first story arc they would sort of become the status quo. The trouble with that theory is that by the end of that adventure the PCs were only about PL 5.

I blame years and years spent playing Dungeons & Dragons for inherently making me see Power Levels as something akin to the way other gaming systems treat levels.

These days, my game is a PL 8/120 points campaign and this change has been somewhat retroactive. The current storyline involves the Affiliation, so a lot of the PL 3-5 villains have jumped in power (and their leader has gotten an overhaul to correspond) and it just seemed right to let Psion take advantage of this. Others like Avian, Kelvin and Copycat will likely be getting a facelift at some point as well…
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#194: Nova/Chill [PC]

Postby Michuru81 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:30 pm

NOVA / CHILL (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 6’1” / 165 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Strawberry Blonde / Red (Left) and Blue (Right)
Place of Birth: Mountain Home, Idaho (September 3, 1993)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #101

Biography: As of yet, little has been revealed concerning Maxwell’s life prior to joining the New Vindicators Academy of America.

NEW VINDICATORS: Condemnant Quod Non Intellegunt – Shortly after picking up Raanan and Razi Lumanta, Chienne was sent to Nome, Alaska by Kat Wellor and told where two Neo-Sapiens could be found. Curiously Chienne only found one—Maxwell Swift—and was forced to give up her search to collect the other charges she had been sent to recruit.

Maxwell began rooming with Raanan Lumanta, Lloyd Hilton and Andrew Woodford. He and Raanan immediately hit it off—he even confided in the young Pilipino that he was afraid due to his missing gaps of time.

It was during a fight with a Wreck Room evoked Paragon, Backlash, Kiln and Terpsichore that the holes in his memory became apparent. Knocked unconscious in the scuffle, when Maxwell was roused by Carl Hamilton the young heroes were shocked when the young man ceased to answer to his own name. He claimed to be ‘Lucas’ and even offered proof to his claim: Maxwell’s flame powers had been replaced by cold abilities.

Raanan lamented his friend’s disappearance—clashing with Lucas’ personality frequently. It was weeks later, on their trip to Europe, that Maxwell resurfaced and the New Vindicators began to piece the puzzle together: Maxwell and Lucas were split personalities with unique abilities.

Aware that their cohort suffered from Dissociative Identity Disorder, the New Vindicators began to try and piece together the puzzle: given that Lucas has never provided a last name, they believe him to be the created personality. However Lucas is more calm and peaceable than Maxwell’s hot-tempered, fierce tendencies, leading his teammates to wonder over what need Maxwell might have created Lucas to fulfill.

As of yet, the reason behind Lucas’ existence is still unknown…

NOVA (Power Level 8)

STR 14 (+2), DEX 14 (+2), CON 14 (+2), INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 10

SKILLS: Intimidate 8, Knowledge (streetwise) 4, Survival 4

FEATS: Equipment 1, Startle, Teamwork 1

POWERS: Immunity 10 (fire effects), Morph 2 (Chill; Power Feats: Metamorph; Flaws: Uncontrolled [-1]), Thermal Attack 8 (Alternate Powers: Fire Control 8, Ignite 8; Extras: Perception [+1]), Thermal Control 8 (intense heat; Alternate Powers: Energy Aura 4 [fire])

Equipment: knife; 2 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +2, Grapple +4, Damage +2, Defense +2 (+1 flat-footed), Knockback -2, Initiative +2

SAVES: Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Reflex +6, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS: Hatred (Homosexuals), Phobia (Immersion in Water), Prejudice (SPB), Secret (Yes)

Abilities 12 + Skills 4 (16 ranks) + Feats 3 + Powers 63 + Combat 8 + Saves 10 = 100 points

CHILL (Power Level 8)

STR 14 (+2), DEX 14 (+2), CON 14 (+2), INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 10

SKILLS: Bluff 8, Knowledge (popular culture) 4, Notice 2, Search 2

FEATS: Equipment 1, Taunt, Teamwork 1

POWERS: Immunity 10 (cold effects), Morph 2 (Nova; Power Feats: Metamorph; Flaws: Uncontrolled [-1]), Thermal Attack 8 (Alternate Powers: Fatigue 8 [Extras: Perception, +2], Stun 8 [Extras: Perception, +2]; Extras: Perception [+1]), Thermal Control 8 (intense cold; Alternate Powers: Create Object 5 [ice; Power Feats: Innate, Precise; Extras: Duration {Continuous, +1}])

Equipment: knife; 2 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +2, Grapple +4, Damage +2 (+3 knife), Defense +2 (+1 flat-footed), Knockback -2, Initiative +2

SAVES: Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Reflex +6, Will +2

Abilities 12 + Skills 4 (16 ranks) + Feats 3 + Powers 63 + Combat 8 + Saves 10 = 100 points

Michuru81 wrote:As I mentioned I’ve had a tendency to force my players to play on a lot of different limitations. These days I full on permit the players to play their teen superheroes as PL 8. Back in September we introduced a new class at the school and I tried something different: I made my players build their PCs on 100 points with the extra 20 open to them whenever they wanted to use them. The catch was that they had to come up with a reason in story for why the points were spent on whatever they were spent on. For instance, Al plays Gage, a teen with Electrical Control. When he uses extra effort to get a use out of Dazzle for a round then I’m okay with him spending one of his 20 reserve points to grab the power.

Similarly if a PC begins to study history or the nuances of the German language then they’re justified in burning a point for the appropriate skills. If they ask one of the teachers to help them learn tae kwon do then they can start getting the feats. Essentially, I’m more interested in telling a good story than chucking dice mindlessly and thought that this new tweak to the house rules half-way forces my players to help me tell a story.

As of yet, Maxwell/Lucas’ player has yet to invest anything into anything. His player is Daniel, the same guy behind Portal, Fluke and Tick-Tock. He also wears his sunglasses at night.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

UC #13: Hartley Sawyer

Postby Michuru81 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:41 pm

HARTLEY SAWYER (Power Level 6)

STR 15 (+2), DEX 13 (+1), CON 15 (+2), INT 6 (-2), WIS 6 (-2), CHA 12 (+1)

SKILLS: Intimidate 4 (+5), Knowledge (popular culture) 4 (+2), Perform (acting) 4 (+5)

FEATS: All-out Attack, Attack Focus (ranged) 3, Equipment 3, Power Attack, Teamwork 1

POWERS: none

Equipment: baseball bat (as club), GPS tracker, Qwantz shirt (+4 awesome), shotgun

COMBAT: Attack +2 (+5 ranged, +7 shotgun), Grapple +4, Damage +2 (+4 baseball bat, +5 shot gun), Defense +4, Knockback -1, Initiative

SAVES: Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Reflex +3, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS: Reputation (Can’t Grow a Beard)

Abilities 7 + Skills 3 (12 ranks) + Feats 9 + Powers 0 + Combat 12 + Saves 9 = 40 points

Michuru81 wrote:Here’s the deal: Hartley and two acquaintances, Paul Brindley and Charlie Coutrakon, survived a zombie outbreak where they go to school, lifted some guns from a police officer that Paul may or may not have killed, were joined by the Guy in Handcuffs, and made it to where cameraman Dean Mozian was working on a new reality series entitled the Frat House of Representatives. Now all of Los Angeles has been quarantined (thanks to the aforementioned zombies) and Hartley and his companions are trying to survive as the some of the only surviving humans left in the city.

That’s pretty much the plot of I AM NOT INFECTED, one of the funniest webseries around. It’s a zombie story but… rather than fight zombies they’re buying televisions from bangers in Compton, arguing about elephants, wasting their food supply and getting haircuts.

Hartley, one of the three main characters, shows early on that he lacks common sense when he’s fails to recognize the cameraman as being human. This setback recurs in the Wal-Mart parking lot when Hartley is unable to discern whether the tailgater is infected or not. Most recently Hartley has displayed his reasoning capacity when he repairs bulletproof glass with peanut butter and begins to suggest the group resort to cannibalism and is informed that he is most expendable.

Little is known about Hartley prior to the outbreak: he was trying to break into the acting business, he knows plenty about zombie movies, his contribution to the group is that he moves the heavy stuff, and he’s fairly trigger happy.

I considered tacking on some Favored Enemy but… let’s face it: the boys don’t exactly do much undead slaying. Again, Hartley’s a little trigger happy so… Attack Focus FTW.
Last edited by Michuru81 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#195: Light-Man

Postby Michuru81 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:15 pm

LIGHT-MAN (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’10” / 148 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Black / Brown
Place of Birth: Brooklyn, New York (March 15, 1985)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #1

Physical Description: Bret has a triangle-shaped head—a fact he tries to hide by wearing a goatee as black as the short-cropped haircut he’s sported since the second grade. He perpetually wears all black, has an AC/DC tattoo on his left shoulder, and is typically giving everyone he meets what he refers to as “the evil eye.”

Biography: Little is known of Bret’s life prior to joining the Bisons—a group of seven SPBs recruited by the Wisent in his campaign to subjugate New York City’s criminal element under him.

NEW VINDICATORS: Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas – Bret recruited his younger brother, Kyle, to help him push a new drug the Wisent had secured. Their dealings turned bad when two undercover officers moved on them. In their escape they shot and killed one of the cops—Avery St. James—leaving C. John Holden alive.

In their flight the two took shelter in White Pawn, ironically where Officer Holden’s wife and son were shopping for a present for him. Amongst the other hostages, however, was Drew Jenkins and it was at this moment that Sam White imbued the young man with the power to mimic genetic abilities.

Though Drew was able to bring the two to justice they succeeded in killing two hostages: Angela and Ryan Holden.

It seemed like an open and shut case but Bo Vidae, a man renown as the best defense attorney money could be, inexplicably took the case and the Morris brothers were soon walking free and Bret rejoined the other members of the Bisons.

STR 13 (+1), DEX 14 (+2), CON 15 (+2), INT 15 (+2), WIS 11, CHA 10

SKILLS: Computers 3 (+5), Craft (mechanical) 4 (+6), Intimidate 4, Knowledge (popular culture) 3 (+5), Knowledge (streetwise) 5 (+7), Notice 4, Sense Motive 4, Survival 5 (+7)

FEATS: Attack Focus (ranged) 2, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 6, Precise Shot 1, Quick Draw 1

POWERS: Alternate Form 12 (Energy [Light]; Blast 8 [Power Feats: Accurate 2, Precise], Dazzle 3 [visual; Extras: Aura {+1}, Duration {Continuous, +3}, Range {Perception, +2}; Flaws: Permanent {-1}], Flight 4 [100 MPH], Insubstantial 3 [Flaws: Permanent {-1}])

Equipment: BOOST (Boost 2 [any one power; Power Feats: Slow Fade]), cell phone, desktop computer, heavy pistol, leather jacket, warehouse (Toughness: 10; Size: Medium; Features: Garage, Gym, Living Space, Security System, Workshop; Cost: 7 points), sports car (Camero)

COMBAT: Attack +2 (+4 ranged, +8 blast), Grapple +3, Damage +1 (+4 heavy pistol, +8 blast), Defense +4 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -2 (-1 flat-footed), Initiative +2

SAVES: Toughness +5 (+3 flat-footed), Fortitude +5, Reflex +5, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS: Enemy (Copycat, Deimos, Justice), Prejudice (SPB)

Abilities 18 + Skills 8 (32 ranks) + Feats 11 + Powers 60 + Combat 12 + Saves 10 = 120 points

Michuru81 wrote:Bret's Dazzle was annoying and... I'm not 100% sure that what I came up with is the most efficient way of producing the effect (given that Aura applies to only touch-range powers). Essentially, Bret becomes blinding light and any who look his way start to feel the effects. I considered just taking on Explosion, rather than the Perception-based Aura but... what would be the point? If I had a continuous Dazzle explosion, don't I achieve the same effect by using a Dazzle explosion each round? The different is I still get my action, I suppose...

The whole thing is a headache. Anyone have any ideas here?

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:28 am

Keep up the good work Michuru. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:05 am

I don't think you need Aura on it.

Dazzle: Extras: Area-Perception, Continuous, Flaws: Range - touch, Permanent,

should cover a blinding affect when anyone looks at him.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#196: Ambrosia

Postby Michuru81 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:21 am

AMBROSIA (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’8” / 136 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Honey-Blonde / Green
Place of Birth: Farmington, New Mexico (July 13, 1985)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #675

Physical Description: Mary has long, curled hair that rests on her shoulders and spills into the valley that is her chest. The clothes she wears, as well as the uniform she wore as a student of the New Vindicators Academy, were designed to show off how naturally top-heavy she is—a fact she doesn’t flaunt so much as she’s proud of it. Her face is round and her eyes are small in comparison to the rest of her facial features.

Biography: A PRIME, Mary was born on the Ranch, in Farmington New Mexico, and raised by the facility to become one of their best agents. She excelled in hand-to-hand combat and field work and soloed several missions for her keepers.

NEW VINDICATORS: Ex Ante – Everything changed on 9/11 when she was sent to retrieve one of Jihad’s captured duplicates from the New Vindicators Academy.

With her powers and training she easily bested Halogen, Pandora, Rift, Blitzkrieg and Caliber. Ultimately it was the arrival of Bulwark at the school that brought an end to her mission—unable to smell her, Bulwark was completely immune to her powers and his impervious hide insulated him from her meager attacks.

Herself now a captive, Ambrosia soon found herself swayed to their side as the New Vindicators Academy found themselves at war with Project: PRIME. Fighting against the very people she had been raised alongside and driven by her the knowledge that she had been robbed of a normal childhood, Ambrosia helped the New Vindicators shut down the Ranch.

After graduating from the school, Mary joined an all-girls ska-band, Flaming Mud, and began touring the country.

NEW VINDICATORS: Sic Semper Tyrannis – Following the events of the White War, Mary left Flaming Mud and returned to the school as a music teacher.

NEW VINDICATORS: Absit Omen – When the New Vindicators Academy was raided by Operation: Black Box, Mary was amongst the students and faculty who did not escape. Still, few members of the Faculty ended up in Peoria as their students did, leaving few to wonder what fate had befallen her and her coworkers…

NEW VINDICATORS: Hostis Humani Generis – When Operation: Black Box discovered Christmas Clark was living in Peoria, they abducted the escapee and Gabrielle Farouk moved to rescue the girl. While she and the New Vindicators scoured the facility the organization used as a hideout they ran into Ambrosia. It was then that the heroes discovered that the faculty had been reeducated; once more Ambrosia was being controlled by an organization.

The woman’s powers snared the senses of all but Fluke and Renewal, forcing them to fight their teammates. Ultimately Fluke was able to overpower Ambrosia and free the others from her control.

STR 12 (+1), DEX 12 (+1), CON 12 (+1), INT 15 (+2), WIS 13 (+1), CHA 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Bluff 0 (+2/+6 attractive), Climb 6 (+7), Computers 4 (+6), Diplomacy 0 (+2/+6 attractive), Drive 4 (+5), Escape Artist 4 (+5), Knowledge (life sciences) 6 (+8), Knowledge (physical sciences) 8 (+10), Medicine 6 (+7), Notice 4 (+5), Perform (wind instruments) 6 (+8), Pilot 4 (+5), Search 4 (+5), Sense Motive 4 (+5), Stealth 6 (+7), Swim 6 (+7)

FEATS: Attractive 1, Defensive Roll 4, Equipment 2, Improved Defense 1, Teamwork 2

POWERS: Pheromones 8 (Extras: Duration [Continuous, +1]; Flaws: Permanent [-1])

Equipment: Black Box uniform (+3 Toughness); 7 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +8, Grapple +9, Damage +1, Defense +8 (+4 flat-footed), Knockback -4 (-2 flat-footed), Initiative +1

SAVES: Toughness +8 (+4 flat-footed), Fortitude +3, Reflex +3, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (SPB)

Abilities 18 + Skills 18 (72 ranks) + Feats 10 + Powers 32 + Combat 32 + Saves 10 = 120 points

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#197: Caliber

Postby Michuru81 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:11 am

CALIBER (Power Level 10)

Height / Weight: 6’0” / 180 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Brown / Green
Place of Birth: Clench River Basin, Tennessee
First Appearance: Vindicators #674

Physical Description: J. J. is a tall and lanky young man who’s frame wears lean muscle hardened from a life of chores. His scalp has never worn a haircut other than the standard for military men and his face is perforated by freckles.

Biography: The second child and first boy born in the Manther household, J. J. found himself manifesting the same Neo-Sapien power his father had bestowed on his daughter: the power to fly through the air like a bullet.

The only difference between J. J. and his sister was that he opted to not turn to a life of crime and instead became the first Manther to enroll at the New Vindicators Academy of America…

NEW VINDICATOS: Ex Ante – Fresh off the plane J. J. found himself engaged in a battle with Jihad. Even at the start he showed potential and soon found himself leading the younger class of students: Bulwark, Okami, Tide and Tusk. Though their group was kept out of many of the New Vindicators’ battles with Project: PRIME, Caliber frequently found himself engaged in battle with a pair of twins created from the Shadow’s DNA: Nocti and Tenebrae. Even after the duo joined the school, Caliber and Nocti were at odds over the healthy rivalry that had brewed.

NEW VINDICATORS: Graviora Manent – Following the first class’ graduation and the school’s expansion, Caliber found himself as one of the acting prefects, with Nocti acting as the other. When reports began to come in that the nation was under attack by demons both men raced to see who’s team could end the assaults first. For the months that followed the crimes continued and without any apparent momentum on the heroes’ part.

At the same time J. J. had begun (much to Okami’s disgust) a relationship with Veronica Macbeth. Ultimately he learned that Veronica was an SPB—as Brimstone, the young Nephilim was responsible for the surge of crime across the country as she sought the means to open a portal into Hell.

Worse: she was close to succeeding.

Caliber put aside his rivalry with Nocti and their combined teams stopped Brimstone’s ambitions before they could be fully realized. The act of sacrificing his own pride seemed to be the catalyst Siphon was looking for and Caliber was invited to join the Guardians after graduation.

NEW VINDICATORS: Para Bellum – Following the assassination of Senator Bedford, Operation: Black Box moved on each and every institution focused on SPBs—including Alcatraz Island. In the raid the other Guardians were taken captive and only Siphon and Caliber were able to escape, though with heavy hearts as they left their friends and coworkers behind.

NEW VINDICATORS: Et Spe – While flying over the city, J. J. came under attack by Lilith who used her illusory-inducing powers to put the Guardian down.

STR 14 (+2), DEX 18 (+4), CON 14 (+2), INT 14 (+2), WIS 16 (+3), CHA 16 (+3)

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Climb 2 (+4), Diplomacy 4 (+7), Knowledge (civics) 3 (+5), Knowledge (earth sciences) 2 (+4), Notice 4 (+7), Profession (prison guard) 4 (+7), Sense Motive 4 (+7), Survival 3 (+6), Swim 2 (+4)

FEATS: Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Focus (melee) 2, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 2, Equipment 2, Favored Environment 4 (aerial), Fast Overrun, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Overrun, Inspire 3, Leadership, Move-by Action, Teamwork 2

POWERS: Flight 10 (10,000 MPH; Alternate Power: Strike 10 [Extras: Area {Trail, +1}], Strike 14 [Extras: Penetrating {+1}]; Extras: Unstoppable [+1]; Power Feats: Maneuverability; Drawbacks: Forward Only [-1 point], Minimum Speed [-1 point]), Force Field 10, Immunity 9 (life support; Extras: Linked [Flight, +0])

COMBAT: Attack +2 (+4 melee, +6 in the air), Grapple +6, Damage +2 (+10 strike trail, +15 penetrating strike), Defense +4 (+1 flat-footed, +6 in the air), Knockback -7 (-6 flat-footed), Initiative +12

SAVES: Toughness +14 (+12 flat-footed), Fortitude +5, Reflex +11, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (SPB), Responsibility (Alcatraz, the Guardians), Rivalry (Nocti)

Abilities 32 + Skills 8 (32 ranks) + Feats 24 + Powers 50 + Combat 8 + Saves 13 = 135 points

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#198: Forrest N. Bedford

Postby Michuru81 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:00 pm

FORREST N. BEDFORD (Power Level 6)

Height / Weight: 6’4” / 220 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Black-Grey / Blue
Place of Birth: Omaha, Nebraska (December 21, 1959 – May 18, 2008)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #1

Physical Appearance: Wearing a military haircut that displays his salt-and-pepper hair color while simultaneously hiding his widow’s peak, Forrest Bedford is a tall man who’s wall of muscle is softening in his old age.

Biography: At the age of 18, Forrest Nathanial Bedford joined the United States Marine Corps. Though he never saw actual combat he scaled the ranks through hard work and discipline and eventual was discharged after shattering his pelvis in 1987.

The man felt naked without the rank and file he had adhered to in the service and he sought out a replacement. Not long after he had healed, Forrest Bedford joined the Ku-Klux Klan and began scaling their ladder.

In 2003, Forrest and his wife, Amy, buried their eldest child, Mortimer. Mortimer’s best-friend, John Olsen, had manifested Neo-Sapien powers passed down to him from one of his parents and accidentally killed the elder of the two Bedford children. For Mortimer’s parents his death was a catalyst. It transformed Amy into a fervent opponent of Neo-Sapiens in the courtrooms while it inspired Forrest to branch off from the KKK and form a new organization dedicated wholly to hating Super-Powered Beings.

The Church of Genetic Purity is an independent organization that acts as an outreach to humans: offering those injured or rendered homeless by SPBs with a helping hand. The compound includes a shelter and infirmary for those injured by a super-human brawl in downtown Manhattan or a scuffle between two SPBs in the subway. In exchange for the aid they get while staying at the church these downtrodden humans hear Reverend Bedford’s message and many become converts who devote themselves fully to his militant message: eradicate Neo-Sapiens.

NEW VINDICATORS: Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas – It seemed as though history may repeat itself with Forrest’s surviving child: Chienne. One morning Forrest went to wake her up and found her in bed with a young boy he remembered her being friends with years before—Adonis Skraag had not haunted the halls of Bedford Manor since Mortimer’s death. At his interruption, Adonis’ power waned and Chienne found herself unsure how she had ended up in such a situation. Her surprise forced Forrest to realize what Adonis was and what he had done.

In hours Forrest rallied his congregation and moved to avenge his child. John Olsen had killed himself before either Forrest or Amy Bedford could punish him in the respective realms they championed. Forrest was determined to ensure Adonis was held accountable for his actions...

It was thanks to Rift, one of the Vindicators VII, that Adonis escaped the Church of Genetic Purity’s attack but Arthur and Denise Skraag were not so fortunate. Though Forrest had led the militia that lynched the couple he was acquitted of all charges and no one served time for the deaths of Adonis’ parents.

NEW VINDICATORS: Memento Mori – Following Chienne’s disappearance, Forrest revealed to the world that she had been ZERO. Further he declared the girl dead and said that she had undoubtedly been targeted by Neo-Sapiens getting revenge on the bringer of justice. He took up the armor in her stead and moved to fight the New Vindicators as they fought to save Lodestone’s hometown of Columbus, Ohio. Ultimately Lodestone destroyed the armor and left the man stranded in the wilderness…

NEW VINDICATORS: Absit Omen – Seeking to destroy the Church of Genetic Purity from the inside, Chimera attempted to get close enough to Forrest Bedford, needing a touch to take his identity. Somehow Forrest Bedford avoided the creature’s every attempt to catalogue his DNA and Chimera was forced to switch minds with him instead…

STR 14 (+2), DEX 12 (+1), CON 14 (+2), INT 12 (+1), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 16 (+3)

SKILLS: Bluff 5 (+8), Climb 4 (+6), Diplomacy 5 (+12), Drive 3 (+4), Intimidate 2 (+7), Gather Information 2 (+5), Knowledge (tactics) 4 (+5), Knowledge (theology and philosophy) 5 (+6), Notice 2 (+4), Profession (minister) 8 (+10), Profession (soldier) 4 (+6), Sense Motive 5 (+7), Survival 3 (+5), Swim 4 (+6)

FEATS: All-out Attack, Benefit 4 (Status [Marine Corps Rank {Captain}]), Connected, Dedicated, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 10, Inspire 2, Minions 10 (two-hundred and fifty 30 point minions), Power Attack, Teamwork 1

Equipment: assault rifle, cell phone, Church of Genetic Purity (Toughness: 10; Size: Large; Features: Chapel, Communications, Gym, Infirmary, Living Space, Power System; Cost: 9 points), heavy pistol, jet-ski, knife, laptop, PDA, SUV; 8 free equipment point

COMBAT: Attack +4, Grapple +6, Damage +2, Defense +4 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -2 (-1 flat-footed), Initiative +1

SAVES: Toughness +4 (+2 flat-footed), Fortitude +3, Reflex +2, Will +5

Abilities 22 + Skills 14 (56 ranks) + Feats 33 + Powers 0 + Combat 16 + Saves 5 = 90 points

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Not long after he had healed, Forrest Bedford joined the Ku-Klux Klan and began scaling their ladder.

There's a certain - probably deliberate - irony involved here. Another Forrest decided he may have been a bit hasty founding a terrorist organiation - Those white sheets may have put him off.

He would doubtless have preferred gray.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Nice work Michuru. I'm diggin the work you've gotten done so far on the older characters, it's always interesting to see your line of thinking on how their powers work.

Plus I'm highly curious as to who you'll post the stats of next, maybe the newest Detective & Gumshoe, or maybe even Miss Multiple?
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:46 pm

Libra wrote:
Not long after he had healed, Forrest Bedford joined the Ku-Klux Klan and began scaling their ladder.

There's a certain - probably deliberate - irony involved here. Another Forrest decided he may have been a bit hasty founding a terrorist organiation - Those white sheets may have put him off.

He would doubtless have preferred gray.

Any iron is strictly accidental. :) The name was chosen because of Nathan Bedford Forrest, the Confederate General who actually founded the KKK. I'm cheesy like that. :-p

Tattooedman wrote:Nice work Michuru. I'm diggin the work you've gotten done so far on the older characters, it's always interesting to see your line of thinking on how their powers work.

Plus I'm highly curious as to who you'll post the stats of next, maybe the newest Detective & Gumshoe, or maybe even Miss Multiple?

Gracias. As I edited the first story I made a list of who had not been posted... Nor'easter and Xianbei are still on my list and I've been meaning to get into the Detective and Gumshoe given the role the original plays at the end of RMEC. Needless to say, as I transition into the second story you can expect more of the kids from the Trials (never have done Lilith, Rush, Split or Occultus Unus...).

At the moment I'm waiting on an e-mail from Desero to approve the biography of our next character and then it's the big #200, as voted on by a few... After that I'll definately get to cracking on both Detectives, all three Gumshoes and Miss Multiple. There's also plans to try and round out the past teams of Vindicators this year, as well as some of the villains they fought.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#199: Trigger Happy [PC]

Postby Michuru81 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm

TRIGGER HAPPY (Power Level 6)

Height / Weight: 5’10” / 154 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Black / Hazel
Place of Birth: New York, New York (April 1, 1979)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #8

Biography: “Once upon a time, Trigga was born and then he walked backwards into seven doorknobs and then he shot some people. The end.”

“Thuggy! You done got to tell your story! Can’t I please tell mine?”

“Trigga! Ain’t nobody gunna care about your story any ways. You ain’t as popular as my stiptageous self is. Sides, my story was a detailed narrative on how I would explainadate to Mike Wallace how I got my monkeyer. Everyone knows how you got your name: you like to shoot things.”

“I love to shoot things but I still wanna tell my story.”

“Shoot.”

Trigger shrugged and his hand moved for his pistol. Immediately Thuggy Thuggerton knew the grievous error he had made and ducked while exclaiming that it wasn’t meant to be taken literally.

“Just tell your story, Trigger!”

Trigger Happy put away the present he had gotten from the Boss and cleared his throat as he began, “Once upon a time, I was born. My momma named me Anferny. She was a homemaker and my daddy was a pediatrician. We lived together in Greenwich Village. I went to high school and graduated as a member of the National Honor Society.”

Thuggy stared blankly at his associate. “Why is it I did not know that you contained this reputable origin, Trigga?”

Trigger shrugged. “You never asked.”

“Shoot, Trigga! I thought your story would be something like ‘your momma named you Anferny Jones on account of that bein’ what she thought your daddy’s name may have been.’ Here you go sayin’ that you was at one point a fine, upstanding citizen. I must admit that I am ashamed of myself for thinking that the color of your skin might in some way deny you such a beginning. Here I am hindering what progress the world has made with my own preconceived notions based on the environment that I was inducted into.”

“It’s okay, Thuggy.”

“It ain’t okay, Trigga. I am now full of self-loathing. I would bite my thumb at myself if it were at all possible. Please ignore my ignorance and continue with this surprising tale of intrigue.”

“Well, when I was about to graduate from a four-year university and go on to med school I was in the bank, about to take some money from my trust fund so that I might entertain this young girl I was sweet on… and that is when some persons of peculiar alignment did come into the financial institution, guns ablazin’.

“In order to vacate the premises without the police killidating them they took a few hostages—myself included. Stockholm syndrome kicked in and I found myself siding with my captives.”

“Day-yum, Trigga! To think that you are only in this life because of such a crazy, random happendipity. Perhaps you should consider seeking some sort of professional help—not unlike the sort that white boy from Top Gun so Vietnamally dislikes?”

Trigger Happy shrugged. “Perhaps.”

STR 12 (+1), DEX 18 (+4), CON 12 (+1), INT 15 (+2), WIS 10, CHA 16 (+3)

SKILLS: Craft (mechanical) 5 (+7), Disable Device 6 (+8), Drive 4 (+8), Intimidate 4 (+7), Knowledge (life sciences) 4 (+6), Medicine 4, Profession (thug) 5

FEATS: Accurate Attack, Attack Specialization (guns) 3, Benefit 1 (Wealth), Challenge 1 (Drive [One Hand on the Wheel]), Defensive Roll 4, Elusive Target, Equipment 15, Evasion 2, Grappling Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative 1, Luck 3, Precise Shot 2, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw 2, Startle, Ultimate Effort 1 (Ultimate Aim), Uncanny Dodge 1 (hearting)

Equipment: 1956 Chevy Nova (as full-size car; Restricted [Requires DC 10 Disable Device check to start]), cell phone, leather jacket, hold-out pistol, machine pistol, rocket launcher (shhh…), sniper rifle; 7 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +0 (+6 ranged), Grapple +4, Damage +1 (+2 hold-out pistol, +3 machine pistol, +5 sniper rifle, +10 rocket—uh, what rocket launcher?), Defense +4 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -3 (-2 flat-footed), Initiative +8

SAVES: Toughness +6 (+2 flat-footed), Fortitude +3, Reflex +9, Will +2

Abilities 23 + Skills 8 (32 ranks) + Feats 42 + Powers 0 + Combat 8 + Saves 9 = 90 points

Michuru81 wrote:Despite being one of the bad guys, Trigga is a PC under the control of Aaron, the player responsible for Fathom, Coup Field, and Gabrielle Farouk.

Return to “Roll Call”