The Combined DCU-Marvel Universe thread

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Locked
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ashland, Ky
Contact:

Post by Charles Phipps » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:24 pm

To be fair, what better way to die than killing the Devil?

:twisted:

RomLoneWolf23
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:53 pm

Post by RomLoneWolf23 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:08 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:Yeah, first I have to deal with the fact that they had Batman kill Darkseid.

...WITH A GUN.
Wait... WHAT? :shock:
-Exit the LoneWolf

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:19 pm

Post by MightyDavidson » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:25 pm

RomLoneWolf23 wrote:
Charles Phipps wrote:Yeah, first I have to deal with the fact that they had Batman kill Darkseid.

...WITH A GUN.
Wait... WHAT? :shock:
Repeat after me:

IT

DIDN'T

HAPPEN!

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1932
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY, The Arm Pit of Hell.

Post by Sidious » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:29 pm

Bring me the head of Grant Morrison.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

Rubber Baron
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1029
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:12 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Post by Rubber Baron » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:35 pm

Repeat after me:

IT

DIDN'T

HAPPEN!
Exactly why my DCU/Marvel/Champions/SAS/M&M universe specifies that anything depicted in the comics after 1981 might or might not have happened, depending on how accepting I am of current comics continuity.

Two further points about the Killing Darkseid scene. I think it was a Really Special gun and Darkseid is essentially Darkseid's spirit in a human body.

And no, I don't go along with that, either.
Steve Perrin
A hero must be practical.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ashland, Ky
Contact:

Post by Charles Phipps » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:35 pm

Come on!

Batman....kills Darkseid!

WITH A GUN.

:D

Steve Mitchell
Bystander
Bystander
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:35 pm

Post by Steve Mitchell » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 pm

Because, you know, Batman with a gun is so much more powerful than Orion with the Astro-Force.

Wasabi
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:23 am
Location: Conway Arkansas
Contact:

Post by Wasabi » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:46 pm

Batman and gun - Its like drinking & driving - THEY DON'T MIX peroid.
~ Wasabi ~
Essentially not everyone can be a hero because some people need saving. And someone needs to be the guy to save the civilians from.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ashland, Ky
Contact:

Post by Charles Phipps » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Wasabi wrote:Batman and gun - Its like drinking & driving - THEY DON'T MIX peroid.
I disagree!

Image

User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink
Contact:

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Charles Phipps wrote: Come on!

Batman....kills Darkseid!

WITH A GUN.

killed Darkseid with a gun? :shock:

Ya know, just when I start to think that I should get back into comics it's things like this that make me seriously reconsider why I want too. :roll:
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ashland, Ky
Contact:

Post by Charles Phipps » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:13 pm

Interstellar Heroic Power Groups

Darkstars: The Darkstars were an experiment by the Controllers to preserve the legacy of the Guardians. The fact the Controllers have never particularly cared about justice and only order in the galaxy made the Darkstars something of an experiment destined to fail. The fact that the Controllers eventually withdrew their support of their own creations and the rest sacrificed their life to save lives is only a sad testament to their unremembered heroism.

Despite reports, the Darkstars are not completely extinct. A number of Controllers have privately gathered together a group of new champions empowered with suits to do battle against the forces of chaos in the universe, against the wishes of their fellows. Most are annoyed with the assumption the Darkstar organization is extinct but they are too small in number to do anything but imply there is a functioning remnant.

In general, the Darkstars are greeted with suspicion and distaste. Oddly, Ronan allows the Darkstars to operate in Kree Space even more freely than the Nova Guard and always did. This is because he understood the Controllers love of law rather than the Guardian's seemingly contradictory love of "justice."

Green Lantern Corps: The most prestigious assignment in the Universe, the Green Lantern Corps has suffered a dramatic loss of face in recent years. Two near total destructions of the order combined with the actions of galaxy-class criminal Sinestro have resulted in many starting to view the Green Lantern Corps as trouble makers or incompetant rather than heroes. The actions of Kyle Raynar and others have started rebuilding the Corps' decimated reputation but it will be some time before people react with the same awe that they once did.

Still, the Green Lantern Corps is a welcome sight to smaller worlds. While the Shi'ar and Rann can protect themselves just fine, they are a helpful opponent to threats. The Kree were always more worried about the Green Lanterns protecting others AGAINST THEM. The Skrulls once had a similiar possibility but the annihilation of their state has resulted in the Guardians ordering a suitable Skrull Green Lantern to be found, something that many would be grateful for. In the meantime, aliens patrol Skrull space and annoy its members tremendously with their meddling.

The Green Lantern Corps is currently occupied destroying the Yellow Rings of Sinestro and other internal matters that prevent it from mounting a large scale patrolling of the universe.

Nova Corps: The Nova Corps was never as prestigous as the Green Lantern Corps. Its agents were less powerful and they were less capable of working large scale detruction. Ironically, this means that they are generally more accepted across other worlds than the Green Lanterns. While the Kree were never friendly to the Nova Corps nor were the Skrulls, they were actually considered little more than the intergalactic police they claimed to be rather than security threats.

The heroism of Earthman Richard Ryder has ironically raised the star significantly of the organization to the point that the Nova Guard holds as much respect as the Green Lantern Corps did in some areas. The Green Lanterns always considered the Nova guard something like "poor cousins" but the raising of the Nova Corps' power in the aftermath of Xander's destruction has caused them to rethink this strategy.

Both groups are actively cooperating now in the wake of the recent galactic catastrophes.

Space Knights: The cybernetic survivors of the planet Galador, the Space Knights haven't been heard of much since the events on Earth. Having sacrificed their human bodies to defeat the Dire Wraiths, they were supposed to reclaim their human bodies after the enemy was destroyed. Unfortunately, their cryogenic bodies were destroyed by traitors to the Space Knights while they finished off their enemies. Since all of the Dire Wraiths have since been banished to Limbo and most of the Skrull race is now destroyed, which limits the number of new Dire Wraiths that can be created given they are the Skrull's equivalent to vampires, the Space Knights now have a rather extensive amount of free time on their hands. With their leader Rom being the only one restored to humanity, the Space Knights are rather aimless.

Thankfully, the cataclysmic loss of their bodies has not affected them as much as it might have, They had extensive time to prepare for this loss and were all motivated by a tremendous love for peace and justice that sustains them. The Annihilation Wave and the death of the Skrull Empire has offered the Space Knights a unique opportunity to occupy themselves (and seek death if that is their wish). Due to their history as opponents of the Dire Wraiths, the superstitious Skrull survivors have been oddly welcoming of the Space Knights. Skrulls seem to find the metal men less threatening than they would find organic aliens. They have been helping maintain order in the wake of the cataclysm.

Vril Dox II has tried, and failed to recruit them into LEGION, though a few have expressed interest at his offers of cloning new bodies for them.

RomLoneWolf23
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:53 pm

Post by RomLoneWolf23 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:26 pm

When it comes to the Space Knights, I'd love to use the recent mini-series continuation for them, which sadly didn't pan out into a full series. It starred Rom's sons, who had joined the new Space Knight corps, an upgraded form of which, with the ability to switch from human to Space Knight form and back at will. They were faced with a resurging Dire Wraith threat, who appeared to combine magic and technology in a way their kind had never before.
-Exit the LoneWolf

RomLoneWolf23
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:53 pm

Post by RomLoneWolf23 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Additionally, here's a thought I had...

-Of all the heroes the Joker has faced, the one he has no intention of ever facing again if he can help it, definetly has to be Spider-Man. No, it's not because of his powers, or the fact that he's so protective of his friends and loved ones. Simply put, the last time Joker faced off against Spider-Man, he did the one thing Joker never expected, nor has any actual defense against.

He Heckled him.

"Wait, you strapped me to a chair with a deathtrap attached to it? Hey, Jigsaw called. He wants his gimmick back."

"More Clown-faced minions? What, you've got a lot of clown cars parked out back or something?"

"A Big Gun that shoots a "Bang!" flag? Compensating for something, aren't we?"

"So, you fell into a vat of chemicals, ended up with white skin and green hair, and decided to become a killer with a Clown theme. What, don't like Punk Rock?"

"...You're asking me if I had a Bad Day? Seriously?! I got bit by a radioactive spider when in high school, got spider-powers, tried becoming a wrestler, only to find out my uncle died because I didn't stop a crook when I had the chance. I end up gathering a whole Rogue's Gallery of nutsos in animal costumes wanting my head over a period of years. One of them actually killed my first girlfriend by throwing her off a bridge! Then I got a fancy new suit that ended up being a parasitic alien that ended up bonding with a guy who hated me! And that's just the first few Years, Buddy! You're asking me if I had a Bad Day?! I'M HAVING A BAD DECADE HERE! And yet I'm STILL not as screwed up as you, so if you want my advice, quit the stupid clown-themed supervillainy and GET SOME THERAPY!"

...When the police finally got around to pick up Spidey's Joker-Pinata, the criminal was ranting about how the hero simply wouldn't shut up, and that he'd never come to New York again if he could help it. After hearing about this, the GCPD brass have been wondering aloud about inviting Spider-Man over to Gotham.
-Exit the LoneWolf

User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 14313
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink
Contact:

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:42 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:Interstellar Heroic Power Groups
Very nicely done. Thank you very much.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Ashland, Ky
Contact:

Post by Charles Phipps » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:02 pm

The Spiderman/Joker story is awesome!

Nice nod to Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

I always felt that was a great moment.

Locked