Input Jacks Write-ups (Kryptonians, Batman update)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Input Jacks Write-ups (Kryptonians, Batman update)

Post by input.jack » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:12 am

Artwork by ME! :D

DCEAU HEROES
Adam Strange
Aquaman
Arrowette (PC)
Atom
Batgirl (PC)
Batman
Catwoman (PC)
Flash
Green Lantern 2814.1 - Hal Jordan
Green Lantern 2814.2 - Guy Gardner
Hawkgirl
Nightwing (PC)
Power Girl (PC)
Robin II
Starfire
Supergirl
Superman
Titania (original character)
Wonder Woman (PC)

Javelin 7
Watchtower, League info

DCEAU VILLAINS
Bane
Cheetah
Clayface
Copperhead
Devil Ray (the cool version)
Grodd
Harley Quinn
Joker
Killer Croc
Lex Luthor
Mister Freeze
Scarecrow
Shade
Solomon Grundy
Star Sapphire
Starro the Star Conqueror
Two-Face
Ultra-Humanite

DCEAU SUPPORTING CAST
Alfred Pennyworth
Lucius Fox

DCEAU UNNAMED HORDES
Amazon Warriors
Atlanteans and Atlantean Warriors
BARRACUDA Aqua Troopers (Devil Ray)
Gotham Underworld Enforcers
Kryptonians
Police Officers: Patrol Officers, Detectives, SWAT Officers, SWAT Snipers
Secret Service Agents
US Military Personnel: Army Soldiers, Pilots, Navy SEALs

DCEAU ITEMS OF INTEREST
Galactic Guidebook: Languages
Timeline of the DCEAU

ADDITIONAL RULES
House Rules
Tough Scale Characters

GAME QUOTES
Quotes 1
Quotes 2
Quotes 3

OTHER GAMES OTHER WORLDS

RACIAL TEMPLATES
Elf: Sindar

FLINTLOCK FANTASY: The World of Taeryth (Original setting)
Introductory Paragraph
Horses
Humans - Basic Archetypes

DCEAU
I am running a campaign set in what I call the "DC Earth Alpha Universe". My friends have convinced me to post the builds here, for your edification and amusement. :)

The DCEAU reflects my own personal "take" on the DC Universe, modified by the changes the Players make for their own Characters; my nostaglic remembrances of DC comics as they were in ages past, before the hated Dan Didio arrived and did unspeakable things to my childhood heroes.

Many elements of the game are drawn from the Bruce Timm / Paul Dini "DCAU", but there are also characters who have been altered slightly, some who have been altered almost completely, and some who have been added whole-cloth. MANY DC characters have been eliminated altogether.

Ground Rules: The campaign is set at an overall PL of 10, but individual characters are assigned their PL by the GM (me). Im trying an experiment here; Ive allowed my Players to write their characters up to "feel correct", without any kind of point total limit. Characters in the same group need not match each other in either PL or point total. The Players are given a PL to play with when they choose a character, and are free to write the character up as they see fit.

Players have been given the option to either draw from existing DC characters, or to create their own. Three of the Players have chosen to play established characters, more or less as they appear in the general DC continuity. The fourth Player has opted to play "variants" on established characters; superheroes whose powers and abilities are known, but whose backgrounds have been altered to give the Player more what that Player wants.

I am posting the character write-ups as they appear in the game. If they do not reflect the version of a given character that you expect, or the version that you prefer, I apologize. But these are the characters as I would have made them. If that means that if I think it works better that Bane didnt go to Pena Duro until he was an adult, so be it! I think his DC character backgound is one of the stupidest and most ridiculous things Ive ever heard! So I refuse to use it. If that means that Barbara Gordon is Batgirl, and there is no Oracle, there you go. Its MY game! Nya nya, nya nya nya!

*Ahem*

Sorry about that.

The campaign currently has two seperate PC groups; the Gotham Knights, and the Justice League. My intent is to run the Gotham game as the primary, and to occasionally feature Justice League stories, as they occur to me ;)

I have -also- post the campaign's basic starting timeline, as well as additional rules we have developed, and character backgrounds. Ive also got stats and general writeups for the GCPD, US Soldiers, and a host of Supporting Cast that I will eventually include.

Game Rules: Our campaigns run with a few House Rules. I shall -try- to translate the characters into standard M&M...but I may miss a thing or two, here and there. There are also a few House Rules I plan to share here, because I have AWESOME friends, and theyve come up with a few things that are gaming GOLD!

Also...I am notoriously bad at math. So my numbers -may- be wonky. Did that influence my decision to free my Players from point caps?

.....Perhaps! ;)

Anyway, I hope that these write-ups will be useful, enlightening, entertaining, and/or fun to read. Ive -really- enjoyed the character threads from others here at the Atomic Think Tank, and I hope to give something back :D
Last edited by input.jack on Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 60 times in total.
My fingers and my brain work at different speeds. Please forgive my typoes

My Flintlock Fantasy thread
My DC Thread
My Art Thread

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:14 am

HOUSE RULES FOR THE DCEAU

Character PL and Point Totals: The PL is determined by the GM and Player before the game, rather than having an overall campaign PL. DC characters are written to be "right" taking as many points as necessary to make the character feel correct. Original Characters will start at PL 10, 200 pts. Raising your Character's PL costs 15 points. PCs may not exceed PL 12, currently.

Skill Points: Characters gain 5 Skill Points per Power Point spent on Skills. (This makes the math a lot easier)

Deflection: Categories are Projectile (1 Pt/rank), Energy (2 pts/rank), Mental (3 pts/rank)

Equipment: Commlinks have whatever base Range is appropriate for the campaign, as opposed to having a 2 mile limit. Characters with Commlinks in cities with repeater stations are not subject to the 2 mile limit in town. Vehicles and Bases with the “Communications” Feature count as repeater stations. Basically, any place you can get cell phone reception you can get a commlink signal.

Feats: Any 1-pt Power that the GM agrees can be a Feat can be bought as a Feat. However, it will probably be written in the "Powers" section as an Enhanced Feat, so that a full write-up can accompany it.

CHARACTER CREATION GUIDELINES (Not hard and fast rules)

Feats: Attractive is limited to 2 ranks.

Impervious ranks should not exceed PL

Only half your PL is allowed to be “shifted” between Toughness / Defense, and Attack / Damage
Last edited by input.jack on Sat May 09, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 62 times in total.

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:29 am

Welcome to Roll Call Input.Jack, and we look forward to seeing your take on things :D

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:54 am

BATMAN / Bruce Wayne (PL 12, 292 total pp)
Bodycast: John Barrowman

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 210#

Affiliation: Justice League, "Bat Family"
Base of Operations: Gotham City, Metropolis, worldwide

Ability Scores
STR 20 (+5), DEX 21 (+5), CON 20 (+5)
INT 24 (+7), WIS 20 (+5), CHA 20 (+5)

Combat
Attack +13 (Unarmed +15), Damage +6 (+5 without gauntlets) (unarmed)
Defense +14 (Base +10, Dodge +4)
Grapple +20, Initiative +9

Saves
TGH +10 (Base 5, Roll 4, Costume 1) [+12 vs. Critical Hits], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +12

Skills
Acrobatics 10 (+15), Bluff 10 (+15), Climb 5 (+10), Computers 8 (+15), Concentration 5 (+10), Craft: Mechanical 3 (+10), Disable Device 13 (+20), Disguise 10 (+15), Drive 6 (+11), Escape Artist 10 (+15), Gather Information 5 (+10), Intimidate 15 (+20), Investigate 17 (+24), Knowledge: Behavioral Sciences 4 (+11), Knowledge: Business 4 (+11), Knowledge: Streetwise 14 (+21), Language: 8 (Cantonese, French, German, Japanese, Kryptonian, Latin, Russian, Spanish [English is native]), Notice 10 (+15), Perform: Oratory 5 (+10), Perform: Singing 5 (+10), Pilot 5 (+10), Search 8 (+15), Sense Motive 5 (+10), Sleight of Hand 10 (+15), Stealth 15 (+20), Survival 5 (+10), Swim 5 (+10)

Feats
Assessment, Attractive 2, All-Out Attack, Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 1, Beginner’s Luck, Benefit (Alternate Identity [Matches Malone]) 1, Benefit (JLA Member) 1, Benefit (Wealth) 6, Blind-Fight, Chokehold, Combat Pilot 4, Connected, Critical Strike, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Diehard, Dodge Focus 4, Eidetic Memory, Elusive Target, Equipment 31, Evasion 1, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative 1, Improved Throw, Jack-of-all-Trades, Luck 4, Master Plan, Minion 13 (Alfred, Rank 6, PF: Tough, XT), Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Shot, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Ranged Pin, Second Chance (Investigate Checks), Skill Mastery 2 (Acrobatics, Climb, Disable Device, Disguise, Drive, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Stealth), Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack 2, Track, Ultimate Effort (Willpower Saves), Ultimate Effort (Investigate Checks), Well-Informed

Powers
(12) “Bat-gadgets” Gadgets 4 ([Flaws: Unreliable – 5 uses]) [20 total pts worth of gadgets])

Equipment
(27) “Batsuit III”: (6) Fearsome Presence 6 [DC 16, 30 ft], (2) Features 2 (Commlink, GPS), (1) Flight 1 (Gliding), (3) Immunity 6 (Dazzle Effects, Cold [Flaw: Limited – Half Effect]), (2) Protection 1 (PF: Subtle), (2) “Armored Insignia and Cowl” Protection 2 (PF: Subtle; [Flaw: Limited: Only against Critical Hits]), (2) Strike 1 (Mighty), (3) Super-Senses 2 (Radio, Ultra-Vision), (11) “DefensiveTaser” (Stun 5; PF: Trigger [When someone unauthorized tries to remove the cowl])

(25) “Utility Belt Array”
* [18] Tear Gas Pellets (Visual Dazzle 3 + Nauseate 3, Explosion)
* [1] AP – (5) Batarang (Strike 2, Mighty, Ricochet, Thrown)
* [1] AP – (3) Cutting Torch (Blast 1 + Drain 1 [Toughness])
* [1] AP – (17) Detonite (Blast 5, Explosion, PF: Triggered 2 [variable])
* [1] AP – (8 ) Flash-Bang Pellets (Dazzle 4 Visual and Hearing)
* [1] AP – (4) Grapple Gun (Super Movement 3 (Swinging, Speed 2 [Flaw: Limited- Only when swinging]))
* [1] AP – (3) Shuriken (Blast 1, Autofire)
* [1] AP – (12) Sleep Gas Pellets (Fatigue 4, Explosion)
* [1] AP – (10) Smoke Pellets (Obscure 2 Visual)

(15) Utility Belt Gear
Binoculars + Nightvision (2), Camera, Cell Phone, Fire Extinguisher[Puts out two 10x10 foot areas of flame; takes a Move Action each], Flashlight, Gas Mask, Handcuffs, Mini-Tracers, Multi-Tool, Parabolic Microphone, PDA, Rebreather, Signal Flare; First Aid Kit (+0), Lockpicks (+0) [These have a cost of 0 but eliminate the “no tools” penalty]

(30) Base – “The Batcave” (Size: Huge; TGH: 10; Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed 2, Defense System, Dock, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Hanger, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System 3 (DC 30), Workshop); Powers: “The Bat Computer” (6) Super-Senses 8 (Communication Link 3 [The Batplane, Batmobile, Batcycles], Precognition 4 [Flaw: Limited- Criminal Activity Patterns only], Time Sense)

(52) [28 +] Vehicle - “The Batplane VTOL” [Strength: 30; Speed: Flight 10; Defense: 8; Toughness: 9; Size: “Very Huge”]; Features : Alarm 2, Communications System, Navigation System, Remote Control; Powers: Super-Senses 1 (Communication Link [Bat Lair Computer])
[23] “Air to Air Missiles” Blast 11 (XT: Explosion, PF: Homing [Flaws: Unreliable [5 uses])
[1] AP – (18 ) “Machine Guns” Blast 6 (XT: Autofire)
OR
(34) Vehicle - “The Batmobile” (Strength: 35; Defense: 8, Toughness: 10, Size: Huge (4pp); Speed 5 [250 mph] (5 pp),); Features 13: Alarm 5 [DC 40], Caltrops, Ejector Seats, Hidden Compartments, Laboratory [“Crime Lab” in trunk], Navigation System, Oil Slick, Remote Control, Smoke Screen; Powers: (5) Impervious Toughness 5, (7) Super Senses 7 (IR Vision, Radar (Radius), Communications Link [Bat Computer])
OR
(24) Vehicle - “Batcycles” (Strength: 20, Defense: 10, Toughness: 10, Size: Medium (7 pp); Speed 5 [250 mph] (5 pp),]; Features 11: Alarm 2 (DC 25), Ejector/Launcher Seats, Hidden Compartments, Navigation System, Oil Slick, Remote Control, Smokescreen, Progression 3 [8 Bikes]; Powers: (1) Super-Senses 1 (Communication Link [The Bat Computer])

(26) Vehicle - “Batjets” (Strength: 10, Defense: 10, Toughness: 5, Size: Medium (0 pp); Speed 4 [100 mph] (4 pp),]; Features 5: Navigation System, Progression 3 [10 Jetpacks]; Powers: (1) Super-Senses 1 (Communication Link [The Bat Computer]); [17] “Mini Missiles” Blast 8 (XT: Explosion, PF: Homing [Flaws: Unreliable [5 uses])

Drawbacks
(-1) Power Loss: Gadgets when unable to access Utility Belt

Abilities 65, Skills 43, Feats 106, Powers 12, Combat 46, Saves 20, - Drawbacks 1 = 292

Background
The Batman disguises himself by day as the billionaire industrialist and philanthropist Bruce Wayne. The citizens of Gotham City are accustomed to reading about Mr. Wayne’s antics in the newspapers, and most consider him a well- meaning, very handsome, and rather dull-witted young man, who plays at managing his father’s corporation, but is mostly interested in polo, beautiful women, and lavish parties. Bruce is a man who has known tragedy in his life; when he was a young boy of about 8 years, his mother and father were both gunned down before his eyes by a mugger, who accosted them in an alley as they were leaving a show. The killer was never caught.
Bruce was given comfort by Dr. Leslie Thompkins, who was an active social worker. She cared for the traumatized boy until he had regained his composure, and helped him overcome some of the immense grief and guilt that he felt over the loss of his beloved parents. Once he was able to function on his own, Dr. Thompkins took young Bruce to visit his parents’ grave to pay his respects, and then took him back home to Wayne Manor, where the loyal and wise family butler, Alfred Pennyworth, took over his guardianship.
Unknown to Dr. Thompkins, it was at the graveside that young Bruce took a silent oath to his parents; that he would never rest until Gotham City was the kind of place where no child would ever lose their parents to random crime. Bruce swore that he would avenge their deaths by ridding the streets of Gotham of the predators and killers who ran free in those dark days.
Bruce Wayne spent his youth traveling the world, training himself to intellectual and physical perfection, and learning a variety of crime-fighting skills, including chemistry, criminology, forensics, martial arts, gymnastics, and the art of disguise.
At age 16, Bruce Wayne began his global sojourn, attending courses at Cambridge, the Sorbonne, and other European universities. However, he never stayed long and would often drop out after one semester. Beyond academia, Wayne acquired more "practical" skills.
Wayne learned 127 major styles of combat, from Aikido to Yaw-Yan to Ninjitsu. The ninja Kirigi schooled young Wayne in stealth and the ways of the shadow warrior. African Bushmen of the Ghost Tribes of the Ten-Eyed Brotherhood taught him hunting techniques, while Nepalese monks revealed to him the healing arts. He even learned ventriloquism and sleight of hand from master stage illusionist Giovanni “John” Zatara. He also received training from two retired heroes from the Second World War, the Sandman and Wildcat I. His knowledge of so many varied disciplines has made Wayne an unconventional and unpredictable opponent.
While abroad, Wayne adopted many different names and identities. He apprenticed himself to anyone he thought could teach him something he could use. He immersed himself in the criminal underworld overseas, in order to learn the habits and ways of criminals, and how they think, but he never allowed himself to “become one of them”. He was caught during a smuggling operation and imprisoned in China. He was contacted by a man calling himself Henri Ducard, who taught him much about self-discipline, tactics, stealth, and philosophy as a member of the League of Shadows. Ducard eventually revealed himself as Ras Al Ghul, and Wayne parted company with him once he was made privy to Ras Al Ghul’s goals.
When he was 20, Bruce attempted to join the FBI, but he learned that it would be almost impossible to fight crime and evil within the legal system, without feeling hamstrung by the dictates of procedure and red tape. He determined that he would become an independent crime-fighter. In order to protect his identity, he would wear a mask, and carry a set of specialized tools to assist him.
After returning to Gotham City in his early twenties, Wayne made a harrowing and near-fatal foray into the world of crime-fighting. He succeeded in stopping the truck hijacking, but it nearly cost him his life. Bruce realized that it was because the criminals were not afraid of him; they saw him as just another man they could intimidate and overpower. He needed an edge.
As he sat in his father’s study, trying to design a kind of “uniform” that would intimidate the criminals of Gotham City, a large bat crashed through the bay window to escape the thunderstorm that was raging outside. Bruce flashed back to his childhood, when he had fallen into a cavern underneath Wayne Manor that was swarming with bats. Bruce had been terrified of their leathery wings and evil visage, and the event had haunted him, despite his father’s timely arrival and rescue. Bruce looked upon the event as a sign; here was the symbol he needed to strike fear into the “superstitious and cowardly lot” of Gotham City’s criminal underworld. Once the inspiration struck, Bruce was able to quickly design the now legendary costume of The Batman.
The first time Bruce Wayne donned the cape and cowl of The Batman he even frightened his old friend and retainer, Alfred. But for Bruce it was more than simply putting on an outfit; wearing the costume seemed less like concealing his true identity, and more like revealing his true face to the world. He leaped out into the night with an eagerness to strike terror into those who would use the night as their defense against the righteous.
The Batman quickly became the scourge of Gotham’s underworld. In keeping with the “dark” nature of bats, The Batman operates mostly at night. At first, word of the “Bat Man” spread as an urban legend; something criminals told each other in hushed tones, or regarded as a kind of “boogey man”. Soon the common people were aware that there was –something- prowling the Gotham City streets, in the dark hours when most good citizens were abed. During that first year, sightings of The Bat became more and more common, as he spent more and more of his time waging his nocturnal personal war. Eventually Police Commissioner Loeb dedicated a task force to bringing The Bat in. But although the Gotham City police did an admirable job of trying to catch him, The Batman was able to evade their traps (though there were a couple of close calls).
It was during this time that Batman discovered an honest, incorruptible cop on the GCPD; a lieutenant named Jim Gordon. Batman assisted Gordon from behind the scenes, but eventually Gordon and Batman met face-to-face, and an odd friendship formed. When Commissioner Loeb was murdered by the Joker, Jim Gordon was named as his replacement, and with the Police Commissioner as an ally, Batman had a much easier time concentrating on the criminals, rather than having to constantly evade the police. Eventually Commissioner Gordon took the bold move of installing a “Bat-signal” (a searchlight with a bat-shaped insignia over the lens) on the roof of police headquarters. Now, whenever Batman is needed, the Gotham City police activate the Bat-Signal, and if he is able to, Batman comes to help.
Over the last eleven years, Batman has gone from urban legend to legendary hero. In that time he has taken in a ward, Dick Grayson, who has evolved from the brash young Robin into the respected crime-fighter Nightwing. He has taken in a second ward, Tim Drake, who is now the new Robin. He has regularly worked in Gotham City alongside Batgirl, Huntress, the Question, and occasionally even Catwoman, as well as others. Batman became involved in a case involving Wayne Enterprises, Lexcorp, Lex Luthor, and the Joker. In the course of events he met and managed to befriend (eventually) the premiere hero of Metropolis; Superman. This led to Batman’s involvement in the battle against the White Martian invasion, and the forming of the Justice League. Batman never officially joined the League, but he attends the meetings, devotes a lot of his time and energy to League business, is always ready to fight alongside them, and he also financed the Watchtower. He is a full member in everything but name.
Recently Batman has been spending more and more of his time away from Gotham City on League business. He has confidence in the group Tim Drake refers to as the “Gotham Knights”. Although he has never forgotten his oath to his parents, concentrating on street crime when there are threats to the entire planet seems an inefficient use of his time. But even after more than a decade, the citizens of Gotham City are still defended by the Dark Knight and his “Bat Family”.

:arrow: Batman is a powerhouse. Hes supposed to be; he is one of the DCU's three premiere superheroes! His design is intended to reflect that. With minimums of 20s in all of his Attributes, he is clearly the pinnacle of Human achievement. There are individuals who are stronger, who are faster, who are tougher, and more charming than Batman. Few are stronger willed. NONE are smarter. The closest competitors are Lex Luthor and Ras Al Ghul; Lex has been outmaneuvered by Bruce on a couple of occasions, and Ras is an equal, not his superior.

:arrow: Alfred is a loyal companion and retainer, and thus a Minion. Robin is a PL 9 independant Hero. Nightwing is a PC!

:arrow: Alfred's Minion Feat has the additional Power Feat: Tough. It gives an intermediary step between Minions and Heroic characters, and has proven instrumental in giving the DCEAU game set in Gotham City the feel it needs!

:arrow: The dark blue “leather” parts of the costume, including the cape and cowl, are lightly armored. The grey bodysuit is not, to grant maximum mobility. I decided that evened out to Protection 1. The bat insignia and the cowl are more solidly reinforced, which i decided would grant +2 Protection vs Critical Hits, since his critical areas were better armored. Because of the limitation on the Protection, it counts as a Power Up (Masterminds Manual), and thus can slightly exceed PL caps.

:arrow: 11/17/09 Added the Gadgets power, with the Unreliable (5 uses) Flaw, to represent the occasional "Bat Gadget" that Batman uses that is tailored to the situation, or is an augmentation of his existing gadgets. Ill try to get some examples written up and posted soon.
Last edited by input.jack on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 14 times in total.

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:01 am

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Welcome to Roll Call Input.Jack, and we look forward to seeing your take on things :D
Thanks, Joshua!

I also want to ask....seeing as how I posted the intro, the "links" page, and the Batman write-up in one sitting...DONT YOU EVER SLEEP?!?

:D

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:06 am

input.jack wrote:
JoshuaDunlow wrote:Welcome to Roll Call Input.Jack, and we look forward to seeing your take on things :D
Thanks, Joshua!

I also want to ask....seeing as how I posted the intro, the "links" page, and the Batman write-up in one sitting...DONT YOU EVER SLEEP?!?

:D
No, he keeps the same hours as us, Jack.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:14 am

SUPERMAN/ Clark Kent aka Kal-El (PL 12, 260 total pp)
Bodycast:Christopher Reeve

Height:6'4"
Weight:225#

Affiliation:Justice League
Base of Operations:Metropolis, Earth

Ability Scores
STR 40 (20) (+15 /+5), DEX 13 (+1), CON 40 (20) (+15 /+5)
INT 16 (+3), WIS 18 (+4), CHA 24 (+7)

Combat
Attack +5 (+9 Unarmed), Damage +15 (unarmed), +12 Heat Vision
Defense +9 (Base 5, Dodge 4)
Grapple +32, Initiative +1

Saves
TGH +15, Fort +15, Ref +8, Will +12

Skills
Bluff 3 (+10), Computers 2 (+5), Concentration 6 (+10), Craft: Chemical 2 (+5), Craft: Electronics 3 (+5), Craft: Mechanical 7 (+10), Craft: Structural 7 (+10), Diplomacy 13 (+20), Handle Animal 5 (+12), Gather Information 8 (+15), Investigate 4 (+7), KS: Current Events 12 (+15), KS: Civics 2 (+5), KS: Popular Culture 2 (+5), KS: Streetwise 2 (+5), KS: Technology 12 (+15), Language: 11 (Arabic, Cantonese, French, Galactic Standard A, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Kryptonian, Russian, Spanish, Swahili [English is native]), Medicine 1 (+5), Notice 8 (+12), Perform: Oratory 10 (+17), Pilot 4 (+5), Profession: Farmer 3 (+7 ), Profession: Author 1 (+5), Profession: Reporter 6 (+10), Search 6 (+10), Sense Motive 7 (+11)

Feats
All-Out Attack, Attack Specialization 2 (unarmed), Attractive 2, Benefit 2 (JLA Member, Worlds Greatest Superhero), Connected, Diehard, Dodge Focus 4, Eidetic Memory, Environmental Adaptation (Zero Gravity), Equipment 11, Inspire 3, Interpose, Jack of All Trades, Leadership, Luck 6, Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Take-Down Attack 1, Ultimate Effort (Strength Check), Ultimate Effort (Toughness Save)

Powers
(24) Enhanced Constitution 20 (PF: Endurance 4)
(7) Immunity 7 (Aging, Cold, Heat, Poison, Pressure, Radiation, Vacuum)
(12) Impervious Toughness 12 (XT: Reflective (Melee);[Flaw: Physical Only])
(1) Space Flight 1 [Light-speed]
(2) Super-Senses 2 (Extended Hearing 1, Ultra-Hearing)
(2) Super-Strength 4 ([Flaws: Distracting, Full Round Action]) [Heavy Lift total 25 Megatons]

(24) Enhanced Strength 20 (PF: Critical Strike, Improved Grapple, Improved Sunder, Weapon Break)
(1) AP - (24) “Heat Vision” Blast 12 (XT: Range – Perception, PF: Penetrating 12; [Flaws: Action - Full-Round, Distracting])
(1) AP – (24) “Solar Regeneration” Healing 8 (XT: Action – Free [+2], Total; [Flaws: Source – Yellow Sun Radiation, Self Only])

(44) Super-Strength 19 [Heavy Lift: 1.5 Megatons] (PF: Bracing, Countering Punch, Dynamic, Shockwave, Super-Breath, Thunderclap)
(2) DAP – (26) Flight 12 [50,000 mph] (PF: Subtle, Instant Up)
(2) DAP – (12) Quickness 10 [x2500 speed] (PF: Move-By Action, Quick Change 1)
(2) DAP – (20) Super-Senses 20 (Extended Hearing 4, Extended Vision 5, Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Microscopic Vision 4, Ultravision, X-Ray Vision [not thru lead]; [Flaw: Duration – Sustained])

Equipment
(2) Personal Gear: Commlink, Radiation Suit
(26) Base: “Fortress of Solitude” (Size: Huge, TGH: 20; Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed, Hangar, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel [Kryptonian robots], Power System, Security System 3 [Strength Check DC 30], Workshop, Zoo; Powers: Super-Movement 1 [Dimensional Move – Phantom Zone; XT: Portal])
(27) Vehicle: “Kryptonian Tech Starpod” (Size: Huge, STR: 30, DEF: 8, TGH: 12, SPEED: Flight 10, AP- Space Flight 16 (100,000 x C [Warp 6, or 274 LY per Day]); Features 3: Computer, Navigation System 2)

Drawbacks
(4) Involuntary Transformation (into Normal Identity; when exposed to unshielded kryptonite [uncommon, automatic])
(4) Involuntary Transformation (into Normal Identity; when exposed to red solar radiation [uncommon, automatic])
(4) Normal Identity (Full-Round Action; require yellow solar radiation to recharge Powers)
(1) Power Loss (Impervious Toughness; not vs. magic)
(7) Weakness (unshielded kryptonite [uncommon, major, affects Constitution, per Minute])
(3) Disability: Enfeebled near unshielded kryptonite [Partial action only; must make a CON check DC 15 to take the Partial Action])

Abilities 50, Skills 30, Feats 44, Powers 124, Combat 20, Saves 15, - Drawbacks 23 = 260

Background:
Kal-El was born on the doomed planet Krypton, son of the brilliant scientists Jor-El and Lara. His father detected an instability in Krypton’s mantle, which he believed would lead to the planet’s destruction, but because of interference by the planetary computer, Brainiac, none of the Ruling Council believed him. Jor-El and Lara defied Council orders and constructed a small spaceship, into which they placed their infant son.
The baby's spaceship landed near Smallville, Kansas, which was found by Jonathan and Martha Kent. These good-hearted folk raised him as their son, naming him Clark Kent. As he grew older, Clark began exhibiting extraordinary powers, including super-strength and enhanced senses. The Kents revealed the truth of their son’s origin to him early on, and when he was a teenager Clark was shown the rocket pod in which he had arrived on Earth. The pod activated upon Clark’s touch, mentally compelling Clark to journey to the Arctic circle, where he flung a Kryptonian crystal into the snow, and it formed the Fortress of Solitude. Here Clark learned what it meant to be a Kryptonian, and what his destiny was to be as the “Last Son of Krypton”.
Clark had several adventures in Smallville, where he became lifelong friends with Lana Lang, Chloe Sullivan, and Pete Ross. Eventually he decided that, in order to know where he was going to be needed the most, he should pursue a career in journalism. To that end, he enrolled in Metropolis University.
After graduating college, Clark moved to Metropolis full time, where he began working for the highly respected newspaper the Daily Planet. He divided his time between his profession and his calling as the protector of the innocent. Realizing that he could not afford to endanger his parents and friends by acting openly, he adopted a disguise in his daily life, and wore a distinctive “uniform” when acting as a superhero. His mother crafted the costume for him, and Clark added the sigil of the House of El as a chest insignia. Its resemblance to the letter “S” prompted Lois Lane to dub him “Superman” after his first public appearance, when he saved a giant aircraft from crashing into the heart of Metropolis. Although the Batman had been operating in Gotham City for several months, Clark’s was the first public, photographed appearance of a costumed adventurer since just after the Second World War!
Clark’s friendly rivalry with fellow Daily Planet reporter Lois Lane eventually led to a romance, and marriage. Lois now knows Clark’s secret, and has had to reconcile herself to being the wife of Superman as well as Clark.
Over his career as Superman, which has lasted over a decade now, Clark has become fast friends with Gotham City billionaire Bruce Wayne. Superman and Batman have worked together on numerous occasions, and were both instrumental in the recent formation of the JUSTICE LEAGUE.

:arrow: There was some debate among my circle about Superman's Charisma score. Ultimately I gave him a 24, the maximum Human Charisma, because hes SUPERMAN. There are plenty of other powerhouses out there. Martian Manhunter can do almost everything Superman can do, and more besides. But he isnt Earth's favorite hero. Superman is. And its not a power (per se). Its because Superman has an inherent charm, a natural way with people, and an innate decency at his core that makes him an inspiration to everyone he meets.

:arrow: KRYPTONIANS
+2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Cha over a “base Human”
Kryptonians live a long time, and are resistant to disease: (1) Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease; [Flaw: Half Effect])
House of El are unusually charismatic
Super-Strength starts at Rank 14, +1 level per point of Strength Bonus the character would have unaugmented (thus Kal-El, with his base STR of 20, has 19 ranks of Super-Strength, while Kara Zor-El, with her base STR of 12, only has 15 ranks of SSTR).

:arrow: KRYPTONITE
One of Superman’s few weaknesses is to the glowing green chunks of mineral known as “kryptonite”. These remnants of Krypton’s core can be found scattered all over the Earth, and have appeared throughout Earth’s history. The reason for this has been a matter of some great puzzlement and confusion for Superman.
When his father, Jor-El, designed the starcraft that was to carry his son to safety, he did so using the “wormhole” technology which the Kryptonians had used when colonizing Argos and Daxam. However, the violent explosion of Krypton, and the energies that event released, interacted with the stardrive in such a way as to throw the ship not only through space, but also through time. The wormhole that opened above the Earth, through which Kal-El’s rocket fled to safety, did so sporadically throughout the timestream. It opened for a few moments here and there in the ancient past, opening more often and for longer periods as it got closer to the actual “target date”. The wormhole was open the longest when Kal’s ship passed through, and the frequency and duration of the wormhole has been lessening since. Eventually there will come a time when it will no longer open.
During these periods when the wormhole “exists”, chunks of the doomed planet, propelled by the planet’s destruction, hurtle through. Most burn up harmlessly in Earth’s atmosphere, but some larger chunks survive to make impact. Because of this, Kryptonite (and its odd, mutative effect on certain individuals) has had some influence on the entirety of Earth’s history. Notably, the Cro-Magnon hunter now known as Vandal Savage owes his immortality to the chunk of Kryptonite he discovered, millennia ago.
The nature of the wormhole portal means that even if Superman succeeds in collecting all the kryptonite known to exist on Earth, there will always be more out there eventually.

:arrow: 03/30 Dont forget the Feats he has built in to his Enhanced Strength. Otherwise you might be tempted to add them into his Feats. As an edit. Like I just did. And then had to re-edit. :oops:

:arrow: 04/28/09 Lowered his Profession: Farmer 1 point, to pay for Language: Galactic Standard A, now that I have some idea what Im doing about that.
Last edited by input.jack on Wed May 06, 2009 10:40 am, edited 5 times in total.

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:43 pm

WONDER WOMAN/ Princess Diana of Themyscera (PL 12, 290 total pp)
Bodycast: Kate Beckinsale

Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 135#

Affiliation:The Justice League, Themyscera
Base of Operations:Metropolis

Ability Scores
STR 35 (16) (+12 /+3), DEX 18 (+4), CON 35 (18 ) (+12 /+4)
INT 18 (+4), WIS 20 (+5), CHA 22 (+6)

Combat
Attack +8 (+12 Unarmed) Damage +12 (unarmed), +16 Sword
Defense +12 (Base +8, Dodge +4)
Grapple +33 (+37), Initiative +8

Saves
TGH +12 (+7 vs. Piercing/Slashing), Fort +14, Ref +8, Will +11

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Climb 5 (+17), Craft: Artistic 6 (+10), Diplomacy 4 (+10/+20), Drive 1 (+5), Gather Information 4 (+10), Handle Animal 9 (+15/+20), Intimidate 4 (+10), Knowledge: Arcane Lore 3 (+7), Knowledge: Art 6 (+10), Knowledge: Behavioral Sciences 3 (+7), Knowledge: Civics 6 (+10), Knowledge: Current Events 6 (+10), Knowledge: History 6 (+10), Knowledge: Tactics 11 (+15), Knowledge: Theology / Philosophy 6 (+10), Language: 16 (Ancient Greek, Ancient Persian, Arabic, English, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, [Themysciran is native]), Medicine 4 (+8 ), Notice 5 (+10), Perform: Dance 4 (+10), Perform: Oratory 6 (+12), Perform: Singing 4 (+10), Perform: Stringed Instruments 4 (+10), Pilot 6 (+10), Ride 6 (+10/+15), Sense Motive 5 (+10/+20), Stealth 4 (+8 ), Survival 5 (+10), Swim 5 (+17)

Feats
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Animal Empathy, Assessment, Attack Spec. 2 (unarmed), Attractive 2, Benefit 3 (Themyscrian Princess, Diplomatic Immunity, JLA Member), Chokehold, Crushing Pin, Defensive Attack, Dodge Focus 4, Eidetic Memory, Endurance, Equipment 8 (40 pts), Grappling Block, Ground Fighter, Improved Initiative, Improved Pin, Inspire 3, Interpose, Jack of all Trades, Leadership, Luck 4, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick-Draw, Takedown Attack 2, Track, Wealth 1 (12 total)

Powers
(36) Enhanced Ability 36 (Enhanced Constitution 17 & Enhanced Strength 19 (Heavy Load=1.5 tons (35 Strength))
(9) Flight 4 (100 mph; Feats: Improved Initiative, Quick Change)
(2) Immunity 2 (aging, disease)
(5) Super Senses 10 (truesight; Flaws: Limited against deific magic)
(20) Super-Strength 9 (Heavy Load=800 tons (80 Strength); Feats: Alternate Power 2)
 Comprehend 2 (speak to/understand animals) & Empathy 12 (Extras: Area (burst—60’ feet); Flaws: Limited (animals only), One emotion (calm)) & Skills 2 (+5 Handle Animal, +5 Ride)
 Skills 4 (+10 Diplomacy & Sense Motive)
(1) Super-Strength 2 (Hvy Load=12.5k tons (100 Strength); Flaws: Action (full), Distracting; Drawback: Incantation [“Hera, give me strength”])
(28 ) Device 9 (45 pts, Easy to lose; Feats: Indestructible)
• (19) Magic Lasso—Snare 16 (Extras: Transparent; Flaws: Action (full), Limited to one target, Feats: Reversible, Tether, Alternate Power 1)
 Lasso of Truth—Mind Control 12 (Extras: Conscious, No Roll (+2); Flaws: Action (full), Distracting, Limited to one command [“answer questions truthfully”], Limited to those helpless in the snare)
• (9) Tiara—Blast 12 (Flaws: Action (full), Limited to lethal damage only; Feats: Accurate 2, Restricted (by Strength bonus))
• (10) Shield—Shield 2 (Extras: Affects Others) & Concealment 10 (Flaws: Limited to Miss chance only / perceived attacks; Feats: Alternate Power)
 Strike 2 (Feats: Accurate, Mighty, Thrown (10-foot range increment))
• (7) Sword—Strike 4 (Feats: Improved Critical 2 (18-20 threat range), Mighty)
(21) Device 5 (25 pts, Hard to Lose; Feats: Indestructible)
• (6) Belt—Super-Strength 2 (Heavy Load=3200 tons (90 Strength); Feats: Bracing, Restricted (Women only))
• (11) Bracers—Immunity 30 (all ranged damage; Flaws: Limited to perceived attacks, Limited vs. general AoE’s; Feats: Restricted (Amazons))
• (8 ) Armor—Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious; Flaws: Unreliable on Impervious)

Equipment
(1) Commlink
(36) Invisible Plane (Size: Gargantuan; Strength: 50; Defense: 6, Toughness: 12; Flight: 10 (10,000 mph); Features: Alarm 2 (DC 25), Navigation System (+5), Remote Control; Powers: Concealment 3 (visual, radar))
(3) Random Gear

Drawbacks
(-1) Power Loss: on 10 ranks of Enhanced Constitution vs. piercing/slashing damage
(-6) Power Loss: Enhanced Strength & Constitution, Flight, Super-Senses, & all Super-Strength when deliberately bound by a man.
(-1) Requires Invocation: to Hera for Super-Strength 2

Abilities 52, Skills 30, Feats 49, Powers 123, Combat 32, Saves 12, - Drawbacks 8 = 290

Complications
Moral Code of Conduct (honest and always keeps her word)
Public Identity
Responsibility to Themyscira

Background
Background to be provided once the Player hands it to me ;)

:arrow: Wonder Woman is the PC of Innermoppet. I may need to update this write-up again soon, since they have a tendency to change write-ups right before the game runs, and I havent run the Justice League setting yet.

:arrow: In this campaign, there are no "real world" cities. Instead of New York City, there is Metropolis. Instead of Chicago, there is Gotham City. So Wonder Woman is based out of Metropolis because that is where both the Justice League and the World Alliance (the United Nations analogue) are centered.
Last edited by input.jack on Wed May 06, 2009 10:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:38 pm

JOKER / real name unknown (PL 11, 185 total pp)
Bodycast: Gotham City Public Works: Donald Strand

Height:6'1"
Weight:175#

Affiliation:Villain
Base of Operations:Gotham City

Ability Scores
STR 15 (22) (+2 /+6), DEX 19 (+4), CON 18 (24) (+4 /+7)
INT 18 (24) (+4 /+7), WIS 20 (24) (+5 /+7), CHA 18 (+4)

Combat
Attack +8, Damage +2 (+6) (unarmed),+4 Pistol
Defense +12 (Base 6, Dodge 6)
Grapple +10, Initiative +4

Saves
TGH +7 (+10) (Base 4, Roll 3, Bonus Con 3), Fort +8 (+10), Ref +10, Will +8 (+10)

Skills
[All for Base Stats]: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Bluff 6 (+10), Climb 3 (+5), Craft: Chemical 11 (+15), Escape Artist 16 (+20), Gather Information 6 (+10), Intimidate 11 (+15), Knowledge: Current Events 4 (+8 ), Knowledge: Physical Sciences 3 (+7), Knowledge: Popular Culture 4 (+8 ), Knowledge: Streetwise 5 (+9), Knowledge: Technology 8 (+12), Language: 4 ([English], French, German, Latin, Spanish), Notice 3 (+9), Perform: Comedy 4 (+8 ), Sense Motive 5 (+10), Sleight of Hand 11 (+15)

Feats
Accurate Attack, Acrobatic Bluff, Challenge (Full Speed Balance), Defensive Attack, Die Hard, Distract (Intimidate), Dodge Focus 6, Equipment 10, Fascinate (Perform), Fearsome Presence 6 “Joker Laugh” (DC 16, 30’), Luck 2, Minions 10 (Lar, Mo, and Curl; Heroic, Progression 2), Power Attack, Sidekick 25 (Harley Quinn), Skill Mastery (Bluff, Craft: Chemical, Intimidate, Perform: Comedy), Sneak Attack 2, Startle, Taunt, Time Sense

Powers
(25) “Gag Arsenal” Device 6 (Hard to Remove; PF: Subtle)
(3) Immunity 3 (Poison, All Powers with “Chemical” Descriptor 2)
(1) Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease [Flaw: Half Effect])\

(5) “Whackadoo” Array 5 ([Flaw: Uncontrolled])
Base Power: [10] “Insanely Strong” Enhanced Strength 8 + Super-Strength 1 (Hvy Load 1040 lbs)
(1) AP – [10] “Doesn’t Know When to Quit” Enhanced Constitution 6 + Regeneration 4 (Recovery Roll 3, Resurrection)
(1) AP – [10] “Criminal Genius” Enhanced Intelligence 6 (PF: Beginner’s Luck, Inventor, Jack of All Trades, Master Plan)
(1) AP – [9] “Insightful Looney” Enhanced Wisdom 4 + Immunity 5 (Interaction Skills)

“Gag Arsenal”
[28+2] “Joker Venom Grenade” Drain Constitution 8 ( XT: Area- Cloud, Poison, Ranged) + “Joker Grin” Morph 1 (One Effect; Joker Grin; XT: Area – Cloud, Attack, Ranged, Linked [+0])
(1) AP – [27] “Acid Flower” Blast 9 (XT: Secondary Effect)
(1) AP – [27] “Joy Buzzer” Strike 9 + Stun 9 (XT: Linked [+0])

Equipment
(4) Pistol: Blast 4 ([Flaw: Unreliable]) (When Pistol “fails”, a flag with the word “BANG!” pops out instead)
(46) Other Gear, as appropriate to the caper. May include vehicles, etc.

Drawbacks
(0) Disabled: Criminally Insane

Abilities 48, Skills 21 (110 sp), Feats 73, Powers 37, Combat 28, Saves 13, - Drawbacks 0 = 185

Background
The man who would become the Joker used to be a freelance hit-man, often working for the mob triad of Chuckie Sol, Sal Valestra, and Buzz Bronski. His skills indicate some kind of covert operations background before his appearance as a freelancer. He is known to have been involved in the death of businessman Carl Beaumont. He frequently used fake identities, so his real name is unknown even now.
Eventually, he formed his own gang, and staged a robbery of the Ace Chemical Plant, disguised as “The Red Hood”. The robbery was foiled by the Batman, who was just starting his career as a costumed crimefighter. During the scuffle, Red Hood fell off a catwalk and into a vat of chemical waste, which washed him out into Gotham River. The chemicals saturated his body and altered him forever, dying his hair green, bleaching his skin white, and radically altering his biochemistry. It even dyed his clothes purple! His face now naturally contracts into a wide grin, (an expression which he can overcome, with effort).
The chemicals also warped his mind. His bizarre sense of humor, his sadistic nature, and the chemicals altering his mind all combined to give birth to The Joker. He found his predicament funny, and was determined to share the joke with the world! Thus began the career of one of the world’s most dangerous and intelligent psychopaths.
Depending on his mood, Joker’s “gags” can range from small-scale to global. On one occasion, Joker tried to acquire a comedy trophy using Mad Hatter’s mind-control chips on the judges. Another caper saw Joker arranging to deliver a nuclear warhead to Mayor Hill’s house! His most widely publicized scheme involved contaminating all the fish in Gotham Harbor with his Joker Venom, then demanding copyright for them! When refused, he went on a killing spree that claimed the lives of several Gotham bureaucrats.
When apprehended, Joker is a guest of Arkham Asylum. He is often underestimated; one bright young doctor was manipulated into believing that he was a poor, misunderstood victim of circumstance; a lost soul crying out for acceptance. Dr. Harleen Quinzel became Joker’s lover, and soon afterward she helped break him out of Arkham Asylum. She has been his loyal companion ever since, despite (or perhaps because of) the fact that he often abuses her, and sometimes throws her out into the street, until he decides he wants her again.
During the seven-year anniversary of the Joker’s transformation, Gotham Insider reporter Jack Ryder made a live special report from the Ace Chemical Plant. The Joker made a “guest appearance”, and Ryder was doused with a chemical mixture that transformed him into the Creeper; a crazed vigilante who sought revenge on the Joker. Batman managed to save Joker and sedate the Creeper, who has since gained a modicum of control over his alternate identity.
Recently, the Joker orchestrated a mass breakout of Arkham Asylum. His plan was to capture Batgirl and Robin, with Clayface as an ally. However, he did not count on the appearance of Nightwing, Catwoman, and Arrowette, who in addition to Batgirl and Robin thwarted his plan. He has since revealed that his scheme was to lure Batman back to Gotham City, because he believes that the Dark Knight has been spending too much time with the Justice League, and not enough time in Gotham City, where Joker can play with him.

:arrow: Part of Batman’s sinister early reputation was based on the misconception that he KILLED THE RED HOOD by throwing him into a vat of acid.

:arrow: The Joker write-up is based on one by Prodigy Duck, which was in turn inspired by the awesome Taliesin write-up. The "Whackadoo Array" is a great idea, and we thank Taliesin for the fantastic inspiration :D

:arrow: When using Joker, I usually pick one aspect of his Array for him to be using for an entire Encounter. Allowing him to change what "slot" hes using in the same scene would make him far too powerful. Hence the "Uncontrolled" Flaw :)

:arrow: 05/16/09 Added Immunity to all Chemical Powers. Having re-watched a few episodes of BTAS, JLU, and the Static Shock episode that Joker appears in, he blithely walks thru clouds of his own gasses, so obviously he knows they cant effect him.
Last edited by input.jack on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:22 pm

TWO-FACE/ Harvey Dent (PL 10, 130 total pp)
Bodycast:GPW Morgan Wessler

Height:6'2"
Weight:190#

Ability Scores
STR 18 (14) (+4 /+2), DEX 12 (+1), STR 18 (14) (+4 /+2)
INT 18 (+4), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 16 (+3)

Combat
Attack +6 (+8 Unarmed, +8 Tommygun), Damage +4 (+8 Raging) (unarmed), Blast +4 AF (Tommygun)
Defense +10 (Base 6, Dodge 4)
Grapple +14 (+18 rg), Initiative +1

Saves
TGH +8 / +10 (Base 4, Roll 3, Suit 1, Rage 2), Fort +8 (+12 rg), Ref +5, Will +8 (+12 rg)

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+5), Bluff 7 (+10), Climb 1 (+5), Diplomacy 5 (+8 ), Disable Device 1 (+5), Drive 4 (+5), Escape Artist 4 (+5), Gather Information 7 (+10), Intimidate 12 (+15), Investigate 3 (+7), Knowledge: Business 2 (+6), Knowledge: Civics 6 (+10), Knowledge: Current Events 4 (+8 ), Knowledge: Streetwise 9 (+12), Knowledge: Tactics 4 (+8 ), Knowledge: Technology 3 (+7), Language: 1 ([English] Latin), Medicine 1 (+5), Notice 3 (+5), Perform: Oratory 7 (+10), Profession: Attorney 6 (+10), Search 2 (+6), Sense Motive 6 (+8 ), Sleight of Hand 4 (+5)

Feats
Attack Specialization (Tommygun) 1, Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 1, Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Die Hard, Dodge Focus 4, Equipment 7, Jack of All Trades, Minions (Thugs) 10, Skill Mastery (Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Sleight of Hand) 1

Powers
(20) “Two-Face Persona Powers” Container 4
[4] “Psychotic Strength” Enhanced Strength 4
[4] “Insanely Tough” Enhanced Con 4
[11] Enhanced Feats 11: Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 2 ([Flaw: Only when Raging]), Fearsome Presence 5 (25’, DC 15), Power Attack, RAGE 4
(Str +8, +4 Fort / Will, -2 Def; 10 Rounds)
[1] Protection 2 ([Flaw: Only when Raging])

(3) “The Coin” Device 1 (Easy to Remove)
[5] Enhanced Feats 5: Fearless, Distract (Intimidate), Luck 2, Master Plan

Equipment
(2) “Two-Suit” Protection 1 (Subtle) [Half black, half white]
(12) “Tommygun” Blast 4 (XT: Autofire) [40’ range]
(1) AP – [8] “Heavy Pistol” Blast 4
(1) AP – [3] “Knife” Strike 1 (Mighty, Improved Crit 1)

(1) Gear: Flashlight
(10) Base: “Abandoned Warehouse” (see book)
(8 ) Vehicle: “Full-Sized Car” (see book)

Drawbacks
(3) Disability: Cannot made decisions as Two-Face without the coin (collapses into indecision) (Uncommon, Major),
(2) Involuntary Transformation into Normal Identity [when he fails a Sense Motive check vs. being “talked down” back into Harvey] (Uncom, Mod: DC 10),
(3) Normal Identity [Free Action; if Talked Down he cannot usually switch back to Two-Face immediately unless outside stimulae warrant it]

Abilities 28, Skills 22 (107/110), Feats 29, Powers 23, Combat 24, Saves 12, - Drawbacks 8 = 130

Background:
Harvey Dent was the crusading District Attorney for Gotham City. His diligent efforts had earned him a reputation as a guardian of law and order. However, Dent had a darker side. Harvey suffered from a form of multiple personality disorder which had developed during his childhood, after he believed that he had seriously wounded a schoolyard bully in a fit of anger. Harvey repressed his violent impulses almost completely, instead transfering them onto a persona he thought of as "Big Bad Harv". This malevolent persona occasionally seized control during stressful situations. When he recovered, Harvey had no recollection of anything that had occured while Big Bad Harv was in control. Harvey managed to control himself for many years, however during his re-election campaign he became so weary that his violent episodes became more frequent. His personal psychiatrist recommended a brief stay at a thereaputic institution, but Dent believed that this would amount to political suicide. So Dent compromised, agreeing to a reduced campaign effort, and increased medical treatments.

Boss Rupert Thorne learned of this situation, and managed to acquire Harvey's medical files. Because Dent's campaign was based on a "law and order" platform centering on eliminating Thorne's corrupting influence on the city, Thorn tried to use the files to blackmail Dent into backing off.

The tension of the situation triggered the appearance of Big Bad Harv, who attacked Thorne. During the fight, there was an explosion. Harvey was half shielded from the blast, and the damage ruined the left side of Harvey's body and face. The trauma was sufficient to force a persona shift, causing his malevolent personality to take dominant control, and leaving pacifistic Harvey trapped inside.

The dominant personal now identified itself as "Two-Face". he believes that right and wrong are illusuions; that random chance is the only "fair" way to make decisions. Dent's "lucky coin" (a two-headed silver dollar) was ruined on one side, and Two-Face now uses the coin as his ultimate arbiter of whether to follow "Good" or "Evil". He targetted Thorne's operations specifically, comitting crimes with a "double" theme.

Batman has tried his best to help his old friend, Dent. He has a personal interest in Two-Face, since he was there when the explosion destroyed his friend's face and psyche. He has dedicated a great deal of effort to trying to rehabilitate Harvey, but somehow events seem to always conspire to allow Two-Face to continue to exist.

:arrow: This is Two-Face as he appears after having been active for about five years.

:arrow: When Two-Face flips his coin, roll d20. 1-9 = “Good”, 10-20 = “Evil”. However, due to the nature of the campaign, Two-Face should never simply murder a PC or an important (or very sympathetic) NPC. On those occasions, the GM declares that the coin “comes up Good”, and the person’s life is spared. Two-Face is a tragic figure, but he is redeemable. Making him a wanton killer of children and puppies destroys that.

:arrow: If Harvey had his whole face intact, he would lose all of his Fearsome Presence and his Two Face Powers, but gain one rank of Attractive.

:arrow: I believe that Two-Face is a character based on anger. Thats why as Big Bad Harv his Strength and Con increase by 4, and why he has the Rage Feat as a core element of his character.

Last edited by input.jack on Wed May 06, 2009 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

Sacerdos
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by Sacerdos » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:18 pm

That is a truly jaw-dropping Two-Face costume!

The build ain't bad, too. ;)

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:41 am

Thank you, thank you :D

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:42 am

CLAYFACE / Matt Hagen (PL 10, x total pp)
Bodycast: None (was originally John Saxon)

Height:Variable
Weight:Variable

Ability Scores
STR 30 (14) (+10 /+2), DEX 12 (+1), CON 20 (16) (+5 /+2)
INT 14 (+2), WIS 12 (+1), CHA 16 (+3)

Combat
Attack Clay: +6 (+10 Unarmed)
Human: +7 (+11 unarmed),
Damage +10 (unarmed), Hand Weapon +13
Defense Clay +6, Human +11
Grapple +16, Initiative +1

Saves
TGH Clayform Toughness: +8 (Impervious 4 + ½ Immunity to Physical)
Humanform Toughness: +6 (as above)
, Fort +10 (+8 ), Ref +4, Will +4

Skills
Acrobatics 7 (+8 ), Bluff 6 (+9), Climb 8 (+18 / 10), Concentration 7 (+8 ), Diplomacy 1 (+4), Disguise 7 (+10), Gather Information 2 (+5), Intimidate 7 (+10), KS: Pop Culture 5 (+7), KS: Streetwise 2 (+5), Notice 4 (+5), Perform: Acting 8 (+11), Perform: Dancing 2 (+5), Ride 4 (+5), Sense Motive 7 (+8 ), Stealth 4 (+5)

Feats
All-Out Attack, Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 2 , Diehard, Dodge Focus 2, Power Attack, Prone Fighter

Powers
(12) Immunity 12 (Aging, Critical Hits, Life Support)
(20) Immunity 40 (Physical Lethal, Physical Non-Lethal; [Flaw: Half Effect])
(5) Protection 3 (PF: Impervious 4, [Flaw: Limited – Impervious is physical only])
(17) Regeneration 17 (Recovery Bonus 6; Ability Damage 1 [5 hours], Injured 3 [no action], Disabled 6 [1 round], Resurrection 1 [1 week])
+
(85) Alternate Form 17 “Clay Form” (PF: Innate, Duration – Continuous [+1], Flaw: Permanent [-1])
(1) AP- (25) Alternate Form 5 “Humanoid Form”

CLAY FORM (85 pp)
[8] Enhanced Strength 8
[7] Enhanced Feats 7 (Fearsome Presence 4 [DC 14, 20-ft.], Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin)
[12] Growth 4 [+8 Str, +4 Con, Large Size, +5’ Mov, -1 Attk/ Def, +4 Grapple, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidate, 8-16’ tall, 500-4000 lbs, 10’ space, 10’ reach, +5 Strength for carrying loads]
[1] Super Senses 1 (Low Light)
+
[31] Snare 10 (Xt: Aura, Engulf [+0], Suffocating; PF: Dynamic; [Flaw: Full Round Action])
[2] DAP- (5) Additional Limbs 4 [up to 10 extra limbs] (PF: Split Attack 2)
[2] DAP- (20) Blast 10
[2] DAP- (3) Burrowing 3 [5 mph]
[2] DAP- (2) Concealment 2 (Normal Sight) ([Flaw: Blending])
[2] DAP- (19) Create Object 6 (Xt: Duration- Continuous; PF: Subtle)
[2] DAP- (4) Elongation 4 [50 feet]
[2] DAP- (5) Growth 10 ([Flaw: Limited- Requires available clay, Tiring])
[2] DAP- (8 ) Immovable 8
[2] DAP- (5) Insubstantial 1 (Fluid Form)
[2] DAP- (29) Snare 7 (Xt: Autofire 2; PF: Tether)
[2] DAP- (6) Spinning 6 [Toughness +12]([Flaw: Tiring])
[2] DAP- (4) Strike 3 (Mighty)

HUMANOID FORM (23/25 pp)
[3] “Pardon My Reach” Elongation 3 [25 feet]
[4] “Missed Me!” Enhanced Feats 4 (Dodge Focus 4)
[12] “Face Dancer” Morph 10 [Any Humanoid](PF: Quick Change 2; [Flaw: Duration –Concentration])
[2] “Kid Forms” Shrinking 2 (XT: Normal Strength)
[2] “Skin Deep” Enhanced Feat 2 (Attractive 2)

Equipment
--

Drawbacks
(1) Disability: Limited to Partial Actions when subjected to intense Cold effects,
(2) Vulnerability: x 1.5 from Cold Effects,
(6) Weakness: Water Dilution [Sufficient quantities of water make Clayface start to lose cohesion, and can ultimately disperse him. He suffers a -1 to all Abilities and Rolls per Round he is submerged or deluged. Light rain effects him more slowly (1/10 rounds)],
(1) Involuntary Transformation to Clay Form when struck with Power 1+ Electricity [Unavoidable],
(1) Disability: -1 Toughness and Impervious when Wet

Abilities 24, Skills 16, Feats 8, Powers 140, Combat 20, Saves 11, - Drawbacks 10 = 209

Background:
Matt Hagen was a past-his-prime actor who had been disfigured in a horrible car accident. In his heyday, Hagen had been a well-known action star and dramatic actor, and was see in many A-list movies. While recovering from the accident in a burn clinic, Hagen was approached by corrupt businessman Roland Daggett, who offered him the chance to become a test subject for a compound called "RenuYou" (pronounced "Renew You"), that Daggett promised would restore Hagen’s youthful good looks. In exchange, Hagen had to agree impersonate key people for Daggett, in the commission of crimes. Hagen greatly resented this, but was forced to comply, as he discovered that the RenuYou chemical is extremely addictive. Eventually Daggett had Hagen impersonate Bruce Wayne, in order to obtain documents from Wayne Enterprises Operations Manager Lucius Fox, who was inadvertently wounded. As a result, Bruce Wayne was arrested for assault, and brought in for questioning. Hagen decided that he needed to free himself from his dependance on Daggett. He attempted to steal a large quantity of RenuYou from Daggett's compound, but was seized by Daggett's henchmen. They decided to kill Hagen by forcing him to ingest an entire canister of the compound. Rather than killing him, however, the overdose saturated every cell in Hagen’s body, turning him into a bulky, misshapen, clay-like form, who can, shapeshift into anything or anybody he wishes, for short periods of time. After trying to get revenge on Daggett, Hagen was stopped by Batman and, upon being caught, faked his own death by creating a hollow clay “corpse”.
He was restored to a semblance of health by a former medical adviser on his films, Dr. Stella Bates, who had been in love with Hagen for some time. She sold her motel in order to raise funds for a laboratory in which to treat him. Batman tracked Hagen down, and prevented Dr. Bates' treatment of Clayface (partly because he stole the necessary formula compound from Wayne Biomedical Labs). Batman and Clayface fought, but Hagen's now-unstable clay form absorbed too much rainwater to hold its cohesion, fell into the ocean, and dissolved. Batman believed that this was the end of Clayface.
Later, Robin (Tim Drake) befriended a lost, amnesiac little girl he named "Annie." The child turned out to be a portion of Clayface, that had gained sentience and an identity of her own. However, eventually Annie was re-absorbed into the main body of the villain, effectively "killing" the girl as a separate person. Due to this, Robin (who had feelings for her) told the police to add murder to Clayface's crimes. Batgirl has since battled Clayface in a mall, where Clayface further expanded his separative ability by posing as four separate children at once, to shoplift from Gotham department stores at the height of the Christmas Eve rush.
Most recently, Clayface was defeated in an attmept to help the Joker lure Batgirl and Robin into a trap. Nightwing, Catwoman, and Arrowette assisted Batgirl and Robin, who recaptured Clayface and Joker. During the battle, Clayface was jolted with an exposed high-power cable, and split into two beings; Clayface, and "Annie".

:arrow: In his heyday as a Human actor, Hagen’s Stats would be: STR 14, DEX 18, CON 18, INT 14, WIS 12, CHA 16. The transformation into Clayface has made him clumsy and bitter.

:arrow: Hagen’s past as a movie star is why he has some of the skills he does, even though, since his DEX is much lower now, hes not as good at some of them as he used to be.
Last edited by input.jack on Wed May 06, 2009 10:49 am, edited 5 times in total.

My DC Thread
My Art Thread

Ecalsneerg
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Ecalsneerg » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:11 am

I have this image of John Barrowman as Batman now, and I have no idea how to react to it. It's slightly terrifying.

input.jack
Comrade
Comrade

Post by input.jack » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:11 pm

Ecalsneerg wrote:I have this image of John Barrowman as Batman now, and I have no idea how to react to it. It's slightly terrifying.
I dunno. This pretty much looks like Bruce Wayne to me.

My DC Thread
My Art Thread