Jab's Builds: 2nd Edition Stuff (Kept in Reserve)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Jab's Builds: Hulk, Fly, Unicorn, Jack O'Lantern, The U-Foes

Postby Sidious » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:38 am

Jabroniville wrote:Image

[b]DRAGON MAN

You forgot to mention that for a while there he was also the Power Pack kid's pet and named "Baby".
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Hulk, Fly, Unicorn, Jack O'Lantern, The U-Foes

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:06 am

Jabroniville wrote:[b]GYPSY MOTH (Sybil Dvorak)

Ah... I have a soft spot for Sybil on account of her having shown up as a resident of the Heartbreak Hotel in the excellent New Mutants/Hellions continuation fic, Go West. Relevant Chapter One of the reasons her telekinesis only worked on clothing was because she couldn't stand the touch of "rough things", which included people or letting her feet touch the ground and they played up the angle of her not being entirely in touch with reality as a result of this particular compulsion. Other residents of the Hotel included Link the telekinetic mime, Poltergeist the uncontrolled telekinetic, and Gomi who had the unique ability to create giant blue cybernetic lobsters. Fun little story.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Jab's Builds: Jack O'Lantern, U-Foes, Gypsy Moth, Dragon Man

Postby Woodclaw » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:33 pm

I dont know what is more impressive the sheer amount of jobbers/D-leaguers/cannon fooders created by Marvel and DC through the ages or how many of them Jan have stated.

Nice job.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:20 am

BATTLEAXE (Anita Ehren)
PL 9 (115)

Villain of: The Thing, Captain America
ST 28 (+9) DEX 14 (+2) CON 30 (+10) INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 10

Skills:
Intimidate 8 (+8)
Knowledge (Streetwise) 4 (+4)
Notice 4 (+4)

Feats:
All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 2, Crushing Pin, Defensive Throw, Diehard, Dodge Focus 2, Endurance, Grappling Block, Improved Critical (Axe) 2, Improved Sunder, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown Attack 2

Powers:
Super-Strength 5 (heavy load: 50 tons) (Feats: Groundstrike) [11]
Impervious Toughness 5 [5]

"Twin Battle-Axes" Device 3 (easy to lose) [9]
Strike +3 (Feats: Mighty, Split Attack) (Extras: Penetrating 10) (15)

Saves:
Toughness +10 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Reflex +5, Will +3

Combat:
Attack +4 (+6 Melee), Damage +9 (+12 Axes), Defense +6 (+8 Dodge), Initiative +2

Abilities: 42 / Skills: 16--4 / Feats: 18 / Powers: 25 / Saves: 5 / Combat: 20 (115)

-Battleaxe was a minor enemy of The Thing- appearing in his own series as one of those Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation characters (it was a brief thing at Marvel- capitalizing on the then-huge 1980s-era WWF). She feuded with Titania (not the famous one), then tried to avenge her 'death', and later plagued Captain America, because Mark Gruenwald NEVER forgets D-Level villains. Pretty minor character, but a rather unique concept- a super-strong chick with axes, WHO'S ACTUALLY UGLY? Far out for comics.

-Battleaxe is best set up as a low-pointed PL 9- she's strong as hell and VERY mean (in addition to being a decent wrestler), but she'll fall well short of any major super-hero. She's not super-accurate in combat, but with her Axes she's doing as much melee damage as Ben Grimm, so it's rather unnecessary. She's tough, but not so tough that Captain America can't stagger her with a one-armed shot to the face.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:23 am

POUNDCAKES (Marian Pouncy)
PL 10 (127)

Villain of: Dazzler, Others
ST 30 (+10) DEX 12 (+1) CON 30 (+10) INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 10

Skills:
Intimidate 8 (+8)
Notice 4 (+4)

Feats:
Attack Focus (Melee) 2, Crushing Pin, Defensive Throw, Diehard, Dodge Focus 2, Endurance, Improved Grab, Improved Pin, Grappling Block, Power Attack

Powers:
Super-Strength 5 (heavy load: 50 tons) (Feats: Groundstrike) [11]
Impervious Toughness 5 [5]

"Seismatic Boots" Device 6 (hard to lose) [24] -- Both Powers Linked
Trip 10 (Extras: Area-Burst, Knockback) (Flaws: Touch Range) (20)
"Tremor Shockwave" Strike 8 (Extras: Area-Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Individuals) (8) -- (28 points)

Saves:
Toughness +10 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Reflex +4, Will +3

Combat:
Attack +6 (+8 Melee), Damage +10 (+8 Shockwave, +10 Trip), Defense +6 (+8 Dodge), Initiative +2

Abilities: 42 / Skills: 16--4 / Feats: 12 / Powers: 40 / Saves: 5 / Combat: 24 (127)

-Poundcakes was another member of The Grapplers, and was also there in the "Superia Stratagem" (where I'm pulling a few of these Lame Ladies builds from). Generic power-fighter, stealing a gimmick from Stompa of DC's Female Furies, where she can create big Shockwaves with her Seismatic Boots. Another nothing character with a goofy name and a lame costume.

-Poundcakes is actually PL 10 and more expensive than Battleaxe, but I think she's actually worse all around. Her cost comes from her Linked Trip & Shockwave, both of which are Burst Effects, making her pretty good at shaking up the heroes for a second. The damage on her Shockwave is less, but the Trip 10 Burst is what gives her the PL cap.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:25 am

QUICKSAND (Real Name Unknown)
PL 9 (127)

Villain of: Thor, Others
ST 10/28 (+9) DEX 12 (+1) CON 12 (+1) INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 14 (+2)

Skills:
Intimidate 4 (+6)
Notice 4 (+4)

Feats:
Crushing Pin, Dodge Focus 2, Improved Grab, Improved Pin, Grappling Block, Power Attack

Powers:
"Sand Form" Alternate Form 14 [70]
Density 9 (28)
(+18 Strength, +4 Imp.Toughness, +3 Immovable & S.Strength)
AP: "Particulate Form" Insubstantial 1
Super-Strength 2 (Total 5, heavy load: 50 tons) (4)
Protection 5 (Total 9) (5)
Growth 8 (Flaws: Dispersal) (8)
Flight 1 (Flaws: Limited to Particulate Form) (1)

"Sand Effects"
Sand Blast 10 (24)
AP: "Sand Storm Blast" Blast 8 (Extras: Area-Burst) (Flaws: Touch Range)
AP: "Sand Storm" Obscure Visuals (Extras: Area-Burst) (Flaws: Touch Range)
AP: "Form Hammer" Strike +1 (Feats: Mighty, Extended Reach 3)
AP: Sand Snare 9 (Feats: Reversible) -- (70 points)

Saves:
Toughness +1 (+10 Toughness), Fortitude +5, Reflex +5, Will +3

Combat:
Attack +8, Damage +0 (+9 Density, +10 Hammers/Blast), Defense +6 (+8 Dodge), Initiative +2

Abilities: 8 / Skills: 12--3 / Feats: 7 / Powers: 70 / Saves: 11 / Combat: 28 (127)

-Quicksand is basically a one-note female rip-off of the Sandman, brawling with Thor once, and then falling straight into the ranks of "Uneffective D-League Villains". In the "Superia Stratagem" storyline, she actually got to beat up on Anaconda from the Serpent Society for a bit, but otherwise didn't do anything.

-Basically Sandman-Lite, plus a few extra things, but much less general power- she's a half-decent PL 9, but falls well short of William Baker. She has a pretty decent Burst Area Sand-Blast power, can sorta-fly, and she can grow real big (but gains none of the benefits regarding strength or toughness- it's just her dispersed to be larger).

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:30 am

Oh, gotta love those static, boring, one-hand-in-one-hand-out Marvel Handbook pictures...

ION (Voletta Todd)
PL 9 (106)

Villain of: Machine Man, Thing
ST 10 DEX 14 (+2) CON 14 (+2) INT 18 (+4) WIS 14 (+2) CHA 10

Skills:
Bluff 4 (+4)
Computers 4 (+8)
Disable Device 4 (+8)
Intimidate 6 (+6)
Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 9 (+13)
Knowledge (Technology) 5 (+9)
Notice 4 (+6)
Search 4 (+6)
Sense Motive 4 (+6)

Feats:
Attack Specialization (Ionic Attacks), Dodge Focus 2, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Ion Blast), Power Attack

Powers:
"Ionic Gas Body"
Ionic Blast 10 (Feats: Split Attack) [23]
AP: Move Object 10
AP: Ionic Snare 10 (Feats: Reversible)
Flight 5 [10]
Ionic Force Field 8 (Extras: Affects Others) [16]
Super-Senses 2 (Acute Detection of Atomic Composition) [2]

Saves:
Toughness +2 (+10 Force Field), Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +4

Combat:
Attack +6 (+8 Ionic Attacks), Damage +0 (+10 Ionic Attacks), Defense +6 (+8 Dodge), Initiative +2

Drawbacks:
Involuntary Transformation (Harmless Energy, if Suit is Ruptured/Drained, Major, Uncommon) [-5]
Involuntary Transformation (Human Form, if Subjected to Intense Cold, Moderate, Uncommon) [-3]
Power Loss (All Powers, Electrical Attacks, Major, Uncommon) [-4]

Abilities: 20 / Skills: 44--11 / Feats: 6 / Powers: 51 / Saves: 6 / Combat: 24 / Drawbacks: -12 (105)

-Ion's an odd-looking D-league villainess, being a genius nuclear physicist caught in an accident (thus becoming evil) who plagued a few heroes as a minor threat. She hasn't been seen in years, despite a pretty good "stuck in this body" pathos play.

-Wow, for a moderately-powerful PL 9 Blaster archetype, Ion sure does have a swack-load of Drawbacks on her. Having her suit ruptured turns her into formless mass, cold turns her human, and electrical bolts can mess up her powers? That's some pretty awful stuff for someone who would be reasonably expected to face a lot of elementally-powered heroes. She's your everyday PL 9 character who focuses on Damage & Toughness over accuracy & defense, with some smarts, but not alot of battlefield savvy. Captain America thumped her good in a fight against about fifty other women, but then, he caught her unawares when her Field wasn't up.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Dragon Man, Battleaxe, Poundcakes, Quicksand

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:51 am

Alright. It's offical now, I must turn over my minor badge of builder of minor heroes/villains to you Jab.

I've not heard of Ion. Ever.
That's a big deal. Nice build though.

Excuse me while I go to the Marvel Database and look her up (I just bet luketheduke86 is just laughing that one up).
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:21 am

I have an unfair advantage- I own comics written by Mark Gruenwald :). That guy had a 100% accurate knowledge of all things comics, and LOVED to populate the villain underworld with old unused D-Leaguers.

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Postby luketheduke86 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:29 am

Jabroniville wrote:Image

POUNDCAKES (Marian Pouncy)

......Poundcakes? :shock: :D

Tattooedman wrote:Alright. It's offical now, I must turn over my minor badge of builder of minor heroes/villains to you Jab.

I've not heard of Ion. Ever.
That's a big deal. Nice build though.

[b]Excuse me while I go to the Marvel Database and look her up (I just bet luketheduke86 is just laughing that one up).

You bet I am! :lol:
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:19 am

I thought was down with the d-leaguers, too, Tattooed, and Jab stumped me with that Ion. And I've been reading comics off and on since Jimmy Carter was in office. :shock:

And he scooped me on Quicksand! :wink:

Loving those jobbers, Jab.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:51 pm

DRAGONFLY (Veronica Dultry)
PL 9 (98)

Villain of: The X-Men, Captain America
ST 12 (+1) DEX 18 (+4) CON 16 (+3) INT 10 WIS 12 (+1) CHA 12 (+1)

Skills:
Aerobatics 4 (+8)
Bluff 4 (+5)
Escape Artist 3 (+7)
Intimidate 4 (+5)
Knowledge (Streetwise) 5 (+5)
Notice 5 (+6)
Search 3 (+4)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Feats:
Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 2

Powers:
"Dragonfly Wings" Flight 4 (Drawbacks: Winged) [7]
Super-Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Scent) [2]
Hypnosis 9 (Alternate Sense- Vision) [18]

Saves:
Toughness +3 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Reflex +6, Will +3

Combat:
Attack +8, Damage +1 (+9 Hypnosis), Defense +8 (+10 Dodge), Initiative +4

Abilities: 20 / Skills: 32--8 / Feats: 4 / Powers: 27 / Saves: 7 / Combat: 32 (98)

-Dragonfly's one of the terrible, TERRIBLE, Ani-Men villains that plagued the X-Men in the years before Chris Claremont added an impressive rogue's gallery to the team. Most of them were just standard Anthropomorphic villains, but Dragonfly was unique in that she was a standard comic book hottie with red skin, blank eyes and dragonfly wings. Altogether, it's surprisingly attractive-looking considering her teammates. She appeared in a few panels of "The Superia Stratagem" only, and did even less than Gypsy Moth, the OTHER bug-winged chick.

-Dragonfly's only PL 9 because of her Hypnosis- otherwise, she's a minor villainess incapable of doing much harm. Various versions of her have included Insect Control or just plain turning into a giant Evil Bug Thing, but this is her baseline form.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:52 pm

BLIZZARD (Donnie Gill)
PL 9 (95)

Villain of: Iron Man, Others
ST 14 (+2) DEX 16 (+3) CON 16 (+3) INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 10

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+7)
Bluff 4 (+4)
Drive 2 (+5)
Intimidate 5 (+5)
Knowledge (Streetwise) 6 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Feats:
Defensive Roll, Dodge Focus 2, Improved Aim, Power Attack, Set-Up

Powers:
"Blizzard Costume" Device 7 (hard to lose) [28]
Immunity 5 (Cold Damage) (5)
"Ice Entrapment" Cold Control 10 (30)
AP: Snare 10
AP: "Icicle Shot" Blast 9
AP: Create Ice Objects 10
AP: "Sleet, Ice & Rain" Environmental Control 10 (Hamper Movement)
AP: "Ice Slide" Flight 2 (Flaws: Platform)
AP: "Ice Slick" Trip 10 (Extras: Ranged)
AP: "Ice Slick II" Trip 10 (Extras: Area-Burst)
AP: "Cold Blast" Blast 5 (Extras: Fortitude Damage)
AP: "Sleet-Storm" Obscure Visuals 6 (Extras: Area-Burst)
AP: "Brittle" Drain Toughness 5 (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) -- (35 points)

Saves:
Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Reflex +6, Will +3

Combat:
Attack +8, Damage +2 (+10 Cold Powers), Defense +8 (+10 Dodge), Initiative +4

Drawbacks:
Power Loss (Out of Costume, Half-Round Action) [-2]

Abilities: 16 / Skills: 24--6 / Feats: 6 / Powers: 28 / Saves: 9 / Combat: 32 / Drawbacks: -2 (95)

-Blizzard's one of Marvel's D-League guys that goes all the way back to the '60s, though this is a more modern incarnation. He's so legendarily bad that it's practically now his schtick- which is too bad, because the costume isn't that bad and the power-set's a classic (he's one of the first "Cold Guys" out there).

-Another weak PL 9, limited to his Ice attacks (which are actually pretty versatile), but he's REALLY falling short on Skills & Feats for a guy who's supposed to be taking on metahumans regularly. As it stands, he'd only beat Spider-Man if there was like ten other guys helping him.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:56 pm

CHANCE (Nicholas Powell)
PL 8 (126)

Villain of: Spider-Man
ST 18 (+4) DEX 18 (+4) CON 18 (+4) INT 14 (+2) WIS 16 (+3) CHA 16 (+3)

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Bluff 10 (+13)
Concentration 3 (+8)
Disable Device 5 (+7)
Escape Artist 3 (+7)
Gather Information 3 (+6)
Knowledge (Current Events) 4 (+6)
Knowledge (Streetwise) 4 (+6)
Knowledge (Technology) 2 (+4)
Notice 5 (+8)
Profession (Gambler) 12 (+15) - Uses Wisdom
Search 4 (+7)
Sense Motive 7 (+10)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Feats:
Attack Focus (Ranged) 2, Benefit (Wealth), Improved Aim, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Second Chance (Noticing Things)

Powers:
"Chance Suit" Device 7 (hard to lose) [28]
Protection 4 (4)
"Ankle Jets" Flight 4 (8)
"Wrist-Blasters" Blast 6 (Extras: Autofire) (19)
AP: "Acid Darts" Acid 6 (Extras: Ranged)
"Multi-Camera Helmet" Super-Senses 2 (Infravision, Radius Sight) (2) -- (33 points)

Saves:
Toughness +4 (+8 Suit), Fortitude +6, Reflex +7, Will +4

Combat:
Attack +8 (+10 Ranged), Damage +4 (+6 Blasts), Defense +8 (+10 Dodge), Initiative +3

Drawbacks:
Power Loss (Out of Suit, Full-Round Action) [-4]

Complications:
Obsession (Chances & Gambling)

Abilities: 40 / Skills: 68--17 / Feats: 7 / Powers: 28 / Saves: 6 / Combat: 32 / Drawbacks: -4 (126)

-Chance is one of those "I'm a highly paid assassin... yet I never manage to actually kill anybody" type of guys, mainly because all his high-profile cases have involved Spidey or Daredevil beating him up. His whole schtick is that he's a wealthy retired gambler, doing mercenary work with a "Double or nothing" rule- he gets paid only if he succeeds, never if he fails. It's a neat gimmick actually, too bad he's just a lame Armour Guy. Crap, I'd never even have heard of him AT ALL unless I read that old Spider-Man Annual where he has a solo story getting set-up by an old target of his.

-Chance is pretty costly given the swack of Skills and good Ability Scores he has. He notably lacks super-strength, but is a pretty accurate Blaster with some Flight talent, so he's enough to give a PL 10 hero pause for a while. But still, he's a jobber.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Quicksand, Ion, Dragonfly, Blizzard, Chance

Postby Jabroniville » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:44 pm

SUNTURION (Arthur Dearborn)
PL 10 (135)

Villain of: Iron Man
ST 16 (+3) DEX 14 (+2) CON -- INT 14 (+2) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 10

Skills:
Computers 4 (+6)
Concentration 4 (+5)
Drive 2 (+4)
Intimidate 4 (+4)
Investigate 4 (+5)
Knowledge (Current Events) 4 (+6)
Knowledge (Technology) 4 (+6)
Notice 3 (+4)
Pilot 3 (+5)

Feats:
Attack Focus (Ranged), Attack Specialization (Microwave Blasts), Interpose, Power Attack

Powers:
"Comprised of Microwave Energy"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Microwave Control 10 (Feats: Improved Critical, Split Attack) (Extras: Penetrating) [34]
Dynamic AP: Force Field 5 (Extras: Impervious) (Flaws: Immobile after +3 Bonus)
Flight 5 [12]
AP: Space Travel 1
AP: Teleport 10

"Containment Suit Body"
Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious 6) [14]

Saves:
Toughness +8 (+13 Force Field), Fortitude --, Reflex +4, Will +4

Combat:
Attack +7 (+8 Ranged, +10 Microwave Blast), Damage +3 (+10 Microwave Blast), Defense +7, Initiative +3

Drawbacks:
Involuntary Transformation (Harmless Energy, if Suit is Ruptured/Drained, Major, Common) [-6]

Complications:
Responsibility (Roxxon Oil Company)

Abilities: 6 / Skills: 32--8 / Feats: 4 / Powers: 90 / Saves: 5 / Combat: 28 / Drawbacks: -6 (135)

-Sunturion is a pretty big nobody whom I discovered in that same Spidey annual that I first saw Chance in. He was only in the climax, though- but I thought the costume was so bad-ass that I later stole it's concept and name for a created-character villain of mine (which I renamed "Suntrion" because I misread the original spelling). Turns out the guy is a loyalist to the Roxxon Oil Company (Marvel's 1980s attempt to latch onto the huge fears and public hatred of rich oil companies- they became the leading symbol of "Big Oil" by financing super-villains and horrible practices) who was turned into Microwave Energy and given a powersuit by them. He heroically sacrificed himself TWICE, and got replaced once, but has since fallen away as one of Iron Man's most forgotten "Rival Armor Guy" villains.

-Sunturion is much like the Legion of Super-Heroes' Wildfire, so I just copied that build a bit, particularly the weakness. It ain't really a Device if you dissipate and leave the story permanently if it's opened up- it's just YOU and a big -6 Drawback. He's a standard Blaster who's actually PL 10 (he's a regular Iron Man foe, so he'd BETTER be good), but rather limited, especially in the Feats area. He can handle Tony for a bit, but is just Blast & Fly and that's it.

Return to “Roll Call”