NEW VINDICATORS (Full - OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
GPrime
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: NEW VINDICATORS (Full - OOC)

Post by GPrime » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:11 am

Emily Adler
PL: 8 PP: 126
ABILITIES
STR: 8 (-1) DEX: 14 (+2) CON: 9 (-1) INT: 18 (+4) WIS: 18 (+4) CHA: 20 (+5)
COMBAT
Attack 0 (Melee 0, Ranged 0) [Unarmed -1 (Bruise)]
Defense 2 (0 flat-footed) (+2 uniform)
Initiative 6 (Dex +2, Improved Initiative 1 +4)
SAVES
Toughness -1 (-1 flat-footed) (0 Base -1 Con)
Fortitude -1 (0 Base -1 Con)
Reflex 6 (4 Base + 2 Dex)
Will 12 (8 Base + 4 Wis)
SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+6), Bluff 8 (+13), Climb (-1), Computers 4 (+8), Concentration 12 (+16), Craft -Artistic 4 (+8), Diplomacy 8 (+13), Disguise 4 (+9), Drive 4 (+6), Escape Artist (+2), Gather Info 8 (+13), Handle Animal 4 (+9), Intimidate (+5), Investigate 8 (+12), Knowledge -Art 4 (+8) -Business 4 (+8) -Current Events 4 (+8) -History 4 (+8) -Popular Culture 4 (+8) -Civics 4 (+8) -Arcane Lore 4 (+8), Medicine 4 (+8), Notice 8 (+12), Perform -String Instruments 8 (+13) -Dance 8 (+13), Ride 4 (+6), Search 8 (+12), Sense Motive 8 (+12), Stealth (+2), Survival (+4), Swim 4 (+3)
LANGUAGES
German, English, French, Japanese, Spanish
FEATS
Attractive (1), Improved Initiative (1), Benefit (Wealthy 2), Eidetic Memory, Equipment, Fascinate (1), Fearless, Leadership, Inspire (1), Master Plan, Well-Informed, Trance, Taunt, Seize Initiative, Connected, Contacts
POWERS
Telepathy 8 (Limited (Mind Reading), Area, Selective (Communication) Alternate Powers: Mental Blast 4, Mind Shield 8, Mind Control 8, Mind Switch 8, Illusion (All Senses, Phantasm, Selective, Progression 3) 4)
Telekinesis 2
EQUIPMENT
Vindicators' Uniform: +2 Protection, Immunity to Cold and Heat Environments, GPS Tracking (5 EP)

BACKGROUND
Emily Adler was born with the proverbial silver spoon in her mouth. The daughter of one of the fifty richest men in Germany and his supermodel wife, Emily had everything she could possibly want in life. An only child, she was groomed to take her father’s place at the head of the family, attending the finest boarding schools in Europe, and was top of the class in everything from Business Ethics to Dance. With a sharp mind and sharper tongue, Emily found that there was nothing she couldn’t do if she put her mind to it. Recently, she discovered that her brain had more capacity than even she could have guessed, as her Esper abilities developed.

PERSONALITY
With her upbringing, it would be easy to dismiss Emily as spoiled or stuck up, but the truth is much different. Emily is not afraid to get her hands dirty, and is more than willing to work towards a goal. She can talk her way into or out of any situation, resorting to her powers only when necessary. She is practical, fearless and a born leader.
Last edited by GPrime on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Manintights
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Manintights » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:45 am

Ouch, that looks pretty damn usefull to me.Remind me to keep on Emily's good side.

MIT
"As my father taught, 'Training will raise your shield to the blow, but courage fills the gaps the shield leaves open.'"

Play by post games:

New Vindicators: [Gae Bolg]

GPrime
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by GPrime » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:26 am

Oh wow, I totally forgot I had Illusion. Awesome :D

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:03 am

Well, I think she completely outclassed everybody at the school in terms of musical talent ;~)
Question: What does she play?
With my luck the Miriachi band will be a horrible reality ;~)

As a side note: At PL8 max saves are +13, not sure you can use Mind Shield. However a single rank of Mind Shield linked with seven ranks of Impervious Will and you have the same general effect. Maxes out your will save and makes you immune to anybody who has any mental based attacks lower than 8.

And yes, the powers are quite powerful... but she's got no defense, and a -1 toughness. If her power doesn't work on the first round chances are she isn't getting a second chance.
She's quite fragile. Alarmingly so. Isn't hard to see why she didn't think she could take on one of her two captors even if she mind controlled the other.

Last question: On Telepathy you have a limited listing (Mind reading). But you also have selective communication. Did you mean Limited to Surface Thoughts?
Sounds like you're trying to make a psychic switchboard setup.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:21 am

I like her, nice build.

Question though, what skill is her Fascinate in?

GPrime
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by GPrime » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:16 am

Arkrite wrote:Well, I think she completely outclassed everybody at the school in terms of musical talent ;~)
Question: What does she play?
With my luck the Miriachi band will be a horrible reality ;~)
Violin. She's an upper-class girl with a long history of private schools, seemed like a skill she'd have mastered, and I had a PP to throw around.
Arkrite wrote:And yes, the powers are quite powerful... but she's got no defense, and a -1 toughness. If her power doesn't work on the first round chances are she isn't getting a second chance.
She's quite fragile. Alarmingly so. Isn't hard to see why she didn't think she could take on one of her two captors even if she mind controlled the other.
That's what I was going for. A classic Glass Cannon character. She packs a punch, but can't take one.
Arkrite wrote:Last question: On Telepathy you have a limited listing (Mind reading). But you also have selective communication. Did you mean Limited to Surface Thoughts?
Mich disallowed Mind Reading, as it's too much of a gamebreaker, but I wanted Emily to be able to have psychic conversations, so we limited the Mind Reading component of Telepathy to surface thoughts, and the Selective Communication was so she could choose to talk to her team-mates, instead of everyone in the area. So yes, in a manner of speaking, a psychic switchboard.

Not too sure on the Mind Shield thing, I must have missed it.

And Arthur, it's in Diplomacy, I probably should have written that down somewhere.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:42 am

GPrime wrote:
Arkrite wrote:Last question: On Telepathy you have a limited listing (Mind reading). But you also have selective communication. Did you mean Limited to Surface Thoughts?
Mich disallowed Mind Reading, as it's too much of a gamebreaker, but I wanted Emily to be able to have psychic conversations, so we limited the Mind Reading component of Telepathy to surface thoughts, and the Selective Communication was so she could choose to talk to her team-mates, instead of everyone in the area. So yes, in a manner of speaking, a psychic switchboard.
Michuru81 wrote:
Arthur Eld wrote:Note to self-if Current is ever tied up in what looks like an obvious trap, send Jack to 'set him free'.

Assuming Fach can actually counter her dad's powers, we might be able to actually save some of these people. I just wish we had some way of talking about the Bad Girl without her hearing us. You underestimate Telepaths until you really need em.

And if comics have taught us anything its that there are always more hostages to be found. So Doc Ock kills a few before Spidey puts him down, so what? Better that than the Doc dies and you have to deal with Lady Octopus. What a waste she was. Good villains are hard to find, but innocent bystanders are a dime a dozen!
The irony is delicious. :)
See? :)
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Are we still in rounds? are the hostages nearly all freed?

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Hmm...with the team having a new face person, as it were, I have a few ideas as to how to change Jason's build.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:06 pm

Did Jason totally just dismiss Martin's idea/statement as inconsequential? Just wanting to make sure I'm not reading that wrong.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:07 pm

No, I posted that before I saw your statement. I may have to go back and edit.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Okay, edited. For that, and other stuff that I blundered on.

Have I mentioned playing a genius is hard?

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:00 am

MIT> Not sure if you caught this, but Emily put the kibosh on Confectionary's attempts to kill the hostage.
Emily got to act first, so the actual attack never had a chance to happen, so the only dead/injured hostage (thus far) is on floor just before the roof.

Manintights
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Manintights » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:03 am

Thanks for the heads up Arkrite, I absolutely missed that.

I'll edit my post accordingly.

MIT
"As my father taught, 'Training will raise your shield to the blow, but courage fills the gaps the shield leaves open.'"

Play by post games:

New Vindicators: [Gae Bolg]

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:35 am

Nice pulling all that together Mich! Great way to incorporate all the parts.