Pangaea - Continents shifting, dawn of the Cretaceous!

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Pangaea - Sega, Sheva Alomar, Mega Man X, Zero, MediEvil

Post by Tyrant Lizard King » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:35 am

Man Called True wrote:Holy damn, someone else who's played MediEvil. The first game is one of my favorites in the entire PS1 catalog. (I refuse to acknowledge that the sequel exists.)
I love the game(s). I like the first one best, but the second one has some cool stuff. Dankenstein is awesome. :mrgreen:
Man Called True wrote: Looking over it, I have no complaints, but I wonder about the Super-Strength. Far as I can tell, we never see Dan lift anything that heavy.
It's only one level, but I think it's justified by the hammer alone, and to a lesser extent the magic sword. Now, since it's magic, the sword may be lighter, but the head of that hammer is bigger than Sir Dan's whole torso! It's huge and he carries it in one hand. When he strikes it on the ground, it causes a small earthquake around him. I'd say the level of Strength he has (with Super-Strength, able to lift about 1800 lbs.) is pretty fitting for him. He seems superhumanly strong -- not overwhelmingly so, but significantly so. He pushes some rather heavy objects at least in the second game, if not the first, big statues and such that probably weigh a couple tons at least.

Since you're a fan, though, I trust your opinions on the matter. With the above in mind, what do you think, good sir?
Man Called True wrote: As for the MMX builds... well, I admit I raised an eyebrow at putting them that high, but it's your build, so what am I to say?
You're more than welcome to venture your opinions forth, as is Jabroniville! Since these builds are here for my own sake and for others to possibly use, you are more than welcome to say anything you want. I strive for accuracy in my builds, so if you think it's wildly or mildly inaccurate (any build), I'd be happy to hear your opinions on the matter. That way, I can potentially build an even more accurate character.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Pangaea - Sega, Sheva Alomar, Mega Man X, Zero, MediEvil

Post by Jabroniville » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:09 pm

I do see your points, King, and definitely agree with some of them. The "Anyone can fight well against anybody" aspect of comics is totally unrealistic and goes against common sense (even though Wolvie DEBUTED against The Hulk, it makes no sense that one hit doesn't just pulp him), but it's more for ease of writing. Comics just wouldn't be fun if only a handful of guys won every single fight with ease. Comics are definitely unlike DBZ in that sense. In my own ideal universes, even the powerful heroes could potentially lose to a 'basic' PL 10 if they got lucky.

It's poor writing that makes Absorbing Man a huge threat to Thor, but weaker against other guys (though yeah, touching Mjolnir makes him HEAVILY stronger)- but I do account for the 'poor writing' in my Builds, which is why most guys are fairly close together, especially if some are superheavyweights. I mean, Thor's super-tough, but in a recent Siege issue, Iron Patriot and a handful of big tough guys (PL 11-12 all) K.O. him pretty quickly, meaning he's at best a PL or two stronger than they are.

Like my Design Diaries stated, I view 'playable on a team' Thor & Supes as PL 12s, but the in-universe-accurate selves as PL 14 (along with Wonder Woman). Superman in the comics just ISN'T going to lose to a PL 10-12 guy EVER, while a PL 12 Supes would sometimes fall to them. Plus, the builds I did were of the JLU versions of the big DCU heroes, who ARE specifically weaker (Supes got his butt handed to him a LOT in many episodes, and he's only barely tougher than Captain Atom). That universe, for aforementioned storytelling purposes, didn't want invincible heroes who could ONLY lose to the Gods of that universe, so Superman got a similar PL to the rest of his team, while it was admitted that he was the strongest and hardest to kill.

Regarding henchmen: Silver Surfer is definitely too strong to lose to henchmen. Most PL 12+ heroes are, actually- Impervious Toughness is one of the most underrated powers in the game, and PL 12s tend to have enough of it to shrug off any attack less than +10 in intensity no matter what, rendering henchmen attacks completely worthless. My Silver Surfer was PL 14 (and that wasn't even his modern boosted incarnation- just his regular one!), and many other cosmic guys match him. Cosmic Marvel is clearly it's own section regarding PLs, considering how I normally go much lower. "Invincible" fields super-fast ultra-heavyweights like Omni-Man at similar levels.

Regarding DBZ: I tend to just ignore that series straight-out when trying to make any sense of things :). The blasts of a 150 like Master Roshi blowing up a MOON make him something like PL 20 AT LEAST, and then when you consider that Raditz could've killed him by accident, and he was so weak the Saiyans could GROW MORE OF HIM (hee), you immediately go into a universe which has a far different concept of power than any other.

Regarding Mecha & Manga: I have read the book, and enjoyed it a fair bit. I haven't seen enough of many animes they've quoted (Bleach & Naruto especially- neither ever appealed to me, and I REALLY dislike the Shonen genre now that I'm in my late 20s for some reason... the whole "We MUST get stronger! Oh what does it mean to get stronger?" kind of writing is just juvenile to me now, as if it makes sense to gain superhuman strength just through training) to accurately assess how close their PLs are, but the ninjas in those shows are a nasty combination of accurate (moving at super-speed) and highly damaging (cracking through entire buildings), which wreak havoc on the PL system. Most people I talk to who ARE fans suggest that Naruto/Bleach guys are roughly equivalent to minor-powered metahumans like Spider-Man, though. It's just that their own universe has speed & damage as the main governing factors, whereas Marvel & DC give far more credo to inventive tactics, sneaking around and using Extra Effort to beat guys you have no right beating, rather than ass-pulling new powers into sudden upgraded forms like Shonen does.

Regarding the T-Rex situation: I agree that T-Rexes are uber tough (I'm as big a dinosaur nerd as anybody I've ever met- just check out my Builds of 'em)- but PL 12 was done just to make them super-accurate and harder to beat. My T-Rex was a PL 10, but in a few ways MORE dangerous than the one in the book (having a ridiculously strong bite that was Penetrating for bone-crushing power)- just less accurate overall.

I've definitely enjoyed our conversation/debate about this, though. I enjoy trying to justify my own beliefs, and take bits from others.

Oh yeah, and your bios on X & Zero were fine. A little on the long side, but as you can plainly see, I am someone who has great difficulty in saying things quickly, so I'm not one to judge :).

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

The Infected

Post by Tyrant Lizard King » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:53 am

Infected Template
Abilities: Strength +6, Intelligence -4, Charisma -4
Skills: Climb 4
Feats: Fearless
Powers:
Damage 1 (Feat: Mighty) [2]
Drain Constitution 6 (Feat: Incurable, Slow Fade 6 [1 day]; Ex: Disease +2, Linked to Damage +0; Flaw: Chained to Damage -1) [19]
Immunity 8 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Cold, Heat, Pressure, Radiation, Sleep) [8]
Mental Transform 13 (New traits, 10k pounds; Ex: Duration +1, Linked to Transform +0; Flaw: Chained to Drain -1, Limited [Slain victims of Drain] -1, Range -1) [13]
Super-Senses 8 (Detect Life Force [Visual] 2: Penetrates Concealment 4; Darkvision 2) [8]
Transform 13 (Dead animals into zombies, 10k pounds; Ex: Duration +1, Linked to Damage +0; Flaw: Chained to Drain -1, Limited [Slain victims of Drain] -1, Range -1) [13]
Drawbacks:
Vulnerability (Fire; Common, Moderate) -3
Cost: 60 power points

Name: Infected
Power Level: 4
Power Points: 80

STR 16 (+3)
DEX 12 (+1)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 6 (-2)
WIS 8 (-1)
CHA 6 (-2)

Trades:
Saves: Toughness +1, Fortitude +3, Reflex +3, Will +2
Skills: Climb 8 (+11), Notice 4 (+3)
Feats: Attack Focus (Melee) 2, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Teamwork 1, Track
Powers:
Drain Constitution 6 (Feat: Incurable, Slow Fade 6 [1 day]; Ex: Disease +2, Linked to Damage +0; Flaw: Chained to Damage -1) [19]
Super-Senses 8 (Detect Life Force 2: Penetrates Concealment 4; Darkvision 2) [8]
Transform 13 (Dead animals into zombies, 10k pounds; Ex: Duration +1, Linked to Damage +0; Flaw: Chained to Drain -1, Limited [Slain victims of Drain] -1, Range -1) [13]
Mental Transform 13 (New traits, 10k pounds; Ex: Duration +1, Linked to Transform +0; Flaw: Chained to Drain -1, Limited [Slain victims of Drain] -1, Range -1) [13]

Combat: Attack +2 (Melee +4), Damage +4 (unarmed), Defense +0, Initiative +5, Grapple +7, Knockback -1

Drawbacks:

Abilities 0 +Saves 7 +Skills 3 +Feats 6 +Powers 63 +Combat 4 -DB -3 = 80

The common Infected in Left 4 Dead are somewhat like the zombies from 28 Days Later. They're not your traditional undead zombies, although they do share some qualities with same. They are incapable of reason and incredibly stupid, just smart enough to bash down doors and climb fences or walls to get at prey. They are, in fact, excellent climbers and will generally find a way into a building if at all possible.

The Infected are also stronger than your typical human, although strong Survivors can overpower them. Gunshots generally have a similar effect on the Infected as they would to normal, healthy humans, although the Infected can sometimes survive things humans couldn't -- their entrails spilling out of a ruptured gut as they charge their prey, for example.

Fire is probably the best way to kill the Infected, if at all possible. They're incredibly vulnerable to it, dying in mere seconds of exposure as a side effect of the chemical changes effected by the Green Flu in their bodies. Thus, it is preferable to keep them at a distance and burn them when fighting. It's just that there are too many of them to do so without burning down every city in the world.

When the zombies bite or scratch human victims, it has a good chance of passing on the Infection, which will waste away a person's body over the course of a couple days. As soon as the victim dies, he or she rises within minutes as one of the Infected, fully capable of spreading the plague. Mammals up to around five tons can in theory be Infected, though no one has seen such creatures to date.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

The Smoker

Post by Tyrant Lizard King » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:17 am

*Hacking coughs*

Name: Smoker
Power Level: 6
Power Points: 110

STR 18 (+4)
DEX 10 (+0)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 6 (-2)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 6 (-2)

Trades: -1 Damage/+1 Attack
Saves: Toughness +3, Fortitude +3, Reflex +2, Will +3
Skills: Climb 4 (+8)
Feats: Attack Specialization (Grapple) 2, Chokehold, Dodge Bonus 2, Fearless, Improved Grapple
Powers:
Additional Limbs 1 [1]
Elongation 6 (250 feet; Ex: Action +1; Flaw: Limited [Tongue only] -1) [6]
Environmental Control 2 (Distraction 3, Visibility; Ex: Action [Death] +3) [14]
Protection 2 [2]
Super-Senses 8 (Detect Life Force 2: Penetrates Concealment 4; Darkvision 2) [8]
Super-Senses 8 (Detect Life Force [Visual] 2: Penetrates Concealment 4; Darkvision 2) [8]

Combat: Attack +3 (Grapple +7), Damage +4 (unarmed), Defense +4 (Dodge: 3), Initiative +5, Grapple +11, Knockback -1

Drawbacks:

Abilities 2 +Saves 7 +Skills 1 +Feats 7 +Powers 86 +Combat 10 -DB 3 = 110

A tall Infected, the Smoker is the "sniper" among the zombie hordes. It has a tongue that can stretch more than a couple hundred feet which it uses to ensnare Survivors at a great distance and pull them away from their allies. It can string up a Survivor or simply choke and constrict her until she dies. They are fairly strong among Infected, but can be slow and ungainly.

When killed, a Smoker erupts into a cloud of green smoke, enough to choke and blind Survivors in the area.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

The Charger

Post by Tyrant Lizard King » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:31 am

*Trumpeting roar*

Name: Charger
Power Points: 115

STR 25 (+7)
DEX 11 (+0)
CON 16 (+3)
INT 6 (-2)
WIS 8 (-1)
CHA 6 (-2)

Trades: Attack -2/Damage +2
Saves: Toughness +6 (Impervious 5), Fortitude +6, Reflex +1, Will +4
Skills: Climb 4 (+11), Intimidate 8 (+6), Notice 4 (+3)
Feats: Attack Focus (Melee) 1, Chokehold, Fast Overrun, Fearless, Fearsome Presence 2, Improved Initiative, Improved Pin, Passing Attack, Power Attack, Stunning Attack
Powers:
Protection 3 (Ex: Impervious +1) [6]
Speed 1 (10-40 MPH) [1]
Super-Strength 1 (Heavy Load: 1600 lbs.) [2]

Combat: Attack +3 (Melee +4), Damage +7 (unarmed), Defense +2 (Dodge: 1), Initiative +4, Grapple +14, Knockback -3

Drawbacks:

Abilities 12 +Saves 9 +Skills 4 +Feats 11 +Powers 72 +Combat 10 -DB 3 = 115

A big, ugly Infected with a lot of power. True to its name, it likes to charge groups of Survivors and scatter them with its one powerful arm. It will then grab a victim and pound him or her mercilessly into the ground or a wall or a ceiling, even, until they are broken and bloody. It is a tough zombie, and when working together with its fellow Special Infected can cause havoc that leads to many deaths in a short time. Despite its size, the Charger is quite fast, capable of outpacing a healthy Survivor.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

The Jockey

Post by Tyrant Lizard King » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:38 am

*High-pitched, manic laughter*

Name: Jockey
Power Points: 115

STR 17 (+3)
DEX 18 (+4)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 6 (-2)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 6 (-2)

Trades:
Saves: Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Reflex +5, Will +2
Skills: Climb 4 (+7), Notice 4 (+4)
Feats: Attack Focus (Melee) 1, Dodge Focus 2, Evasion, Fearless, Grappling Finesse, Improved Initiative
Powers:
Leaping 1 (x2 distance) [1]
Shrinking 4 (Feat: Innate; Ex: Normal Abilities +3; Flaw: Permanent -0) [17]

Combat: Attack +3 (Melee +4; +1 size), Damage +5 (unarmed), Defense +5 (Dodge: 3, +1 size), Initiative +8, Grapple +9 (-4 size), Knockback -1

Drawbacks:

Abilities 11 +Saves 4 +Skills 2 +Feats 8 +Powers 81 +Combat 10 -DB 3 = 112

Little Flea Man-looking bastards with really annoying laughter, the Jockeys can be quite dangerous. One might not think it, given their small size, but they are very strong and capable of leaping surprising distances. Most often, they will do just that, leaping upon a Survivor and grappling her with powerful arms, steering or dragging her toward greater threats, like fire, Witches or Spitter acid. They can be somewhat hard to hit, for the Infected at least, and great at harrying the Survivor prey.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

The Boomer

Post by Tyrant Lizard King » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:48 am

*Blurp! Gurgle!*

Name: Boomer
Power Points: 100

STR 16 (+3)
DEX 10 (+0)
CON 1 (-5)
INT 6 (-2)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 6 (-2)

Trades: -1 Dazzle Attack/+1 Dazzle DC
Saves: Toughness -5, Fortitude +2, Reflex +0, Will +3
Skills: Climb 4 (+7)
Feats: Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 1, Fearless
Powers:
Dazzle 6 (Visual, Smell; Ex: Action +3 [Death], Area Burst +1, Alt Save [Secondary; Reflex] +0; Flaw: Range -1, Unreliable -1) [24]
-AP: Dazzle 7 (Visual, Smell; Ex: Targeted Cone +1, Alt Save [Secondary; Reflex] +0; Flaw: Range -1, Unreliable -1) [1]
Summon Minion 6 (500 minions; Feat: Progression 8; Ex: Linked to Dazzle +0, Horde +1; Flaw: Chained to Dazzle -1, Limited [Availability] -2) [20]

Combat: Attack +1 (Unarmed +3), Damage +4 (unarmed), Defense +1 (Dodge: 0), Initiative +0, Grapple +4, Knockback -0

Drawbacks:

Abilities -11 +Saves 10 +Skills 1 +Feats 2 +Powers 108 +Combat 4 -DB 3 = 111

The Boomer, quivering engine of chaos and death. While extremely frail, and slow, and thus an easy target, its power to cause the deaths of Survivors is greatest among the Special Infected. For the Boomer possesses the ability to projectile vomit a noxious bile that not only blinds a victim and destroys her sense of smell, it emits pheromones that attract any nearby common Infected and enrages them.

In game terms, the Availability Flaw on the Summon basically means two things: the zombies have to already be there for the power to call them (it doesn't summon them from nowhere) and they move on foot to the area, and they must be able to smell the pheromones. Thus, being downwind or in a place where some chemicals might overpower the smell of the bile is a way to thwart the horde-summoning effect. In ideal conditions, the Boomer can summon a tremendous amount of zombies, but these conditions rarely exist.

Finally, earning the fat zombie its name, when killed the Boomer explodes and sprays the area around it with bile, as a potentially fatal parting gift to its killers.

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Samus Aran

Post by Tyrant Lizard King » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:23 am

Name: Samus Aran
Power Level: 14
Power Points: 240

STR 24/32* (+7/+11*)
DEX 26/32* (+8/+11*)
CON 24 (+7)
INT 16 (+3)
WIS 18 (+4)
CHA 12 (+1)

Trades: Defense -2/Toughness +2
Saves: Toughness +7/+16*, Fortitude +10, Reflex +12/+15*, Willpower +12
Skills: Acrobatics 16 (+24), Climb 3 (+10), Computers 4 (+7), Concentration 8 (+12), Craft (Mechanical) 4 (+7), Disable Device 2 (+5), Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 4 (+7), Knowledge (Technology) 5 (+8), Notice 12 (+16), Pilot 4 (+12), Search 8 (+11), Sense Motive 6 (+10), Stealth 3 (+11), Survival 3 (+7), Swim 2 (+9)
Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, All-out Attack, Ambidexterity, Attack Focus (Melee) 4, Attack Focus (Ranged) 6, Attack Specialization (Arm Cannon) 2, Attractive 2, Dodge Focus 8, Endurance, Evasion, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Power Beam) 1, Improved Initiative 1, Instant Up, Luck, Power Attack, Track, Trance
Powers:
Enhanced Constitution 14/Dexterity 14/Strength 14 [42]
Immunity 7 (Suffocation [Alien atmosphere] 1, X Parasite absorption 1, Falling damage 5) [7]
Leaping 2 (x5 distance) [2]
Speed 1 (10-40 MPH) [1]
Super-Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

Device 20: Power Suit (Feats: Restricted, Summonable) [82]

-AP: Device 3: Paralyzer (Easy to Lose) [1]
-Damage 7 (Feat: Stunning Attack; Ex: Range +1; Drawback: Reduced Range -2) [13]
-AP: Damage 1 (Feat: Extended Reach, Mighty, Stunning Attack) [1]
-AP: Elongation 2 (10 feet; Ex: Action +1; Flaw: Limited [Whip only] -1) [1]

Combat: Attack +4 (Cannon +14, Melee +8, Ranged +10), Damage +7/+11* (unarmed), Defense +12 (Dodge: 10), Initiative +12/+15*, Grapple +X/+X*, Knockback -3

Drawbacks:
Vulnerability (Cold; Very Common, Moderate) -4

Abilities 18 +Saves 15 +Skills 21 +Feats 35 +Powers 139 +Combat 16 -DB 4 = 240

The most feared and legendary Bounty Hunter in the known universe. Samus Aran is a one-woman army, gifted with an incredible Power Suit by the birdlike race called the Chozo. She has a long and sordid history with the Space Pirates and has fought more dangerous battles than any other Hunter.

Samus grew up on a human outpost, where she met and befriended a strange, avian alien of the species called Chozo. The Chozo were a mystically and technologically advanced people, for whom knowledge was the greatest calling in life. They traveled the stars seeking it, and found it everywhere, upon exotic alien worlds and in the minds of other cultures, some of which exchanged wisdom and technology with the Chozo.

A life of peace and learning was not for Samus, however. Space Pirates, led by the dread dragon Ridley, raided the planet K-2L and killed everyone but Samus, who was taken to planet Zebes and raised in the Chozo colony there. Samus was infused with Chozo DNA and underwent rigorous mental and physical training, forged into a warrior that the Chozo themselves could not be. At the same time, the Chozo had been working on another living weapon: the Metroids, designed to wipe out the deadly X parasites.

The result of her training was that Samus was faster and more agile than any human, capable of athletic feats to put the best Olympians to shame. She also had a burning desire to exact vengeance from the Space Pirates, and to help make her a warrior, the Chozo gave her a Power Suit. This powered armor, explained more below, is a truly unique artifact, modular enough to assimilate nearly any technology in the universe, and powerful enough to let Samus tear her way through entire Pirate-infested worlds or even battle the dangerous Metroids.

Yet another wonder of the Chozo, the bio-technological AI called Mother Brain betrayed her creators when the Space Pirates, desiring Chozo tech, invaded Zebes. Caught between the betrayal and a vicious invading fleet, the Chozo were decimated and scattered. Samus had left by that time, sent to join the Galactic Federation Police as their most skilled and lethal operative for a time. It was short-lived, however, as Samus quickly turned to hunting Space Pirates.

Eventually, she was contacted once more by the Federation to destroy the Zebesian Pirate colony, which Samus had already planned to do. She traveled to Zebes and fought countless Pirates and alien monsters, many of them gigantic and powerful, including her nemesis Ridley. Samus defeated them all and made her way to Tourian, the heart of the former Chozo colony, and battled Mother Brain. Samus destroyed Mother Brain in a pitched battle and escaped before the whole base exploded.

That's just the beginning, though, and so is this writeup. I will add more of her history when I add more suits (like my favorite, the Light Suit) and upgrades. Samus has fought countless battles, each time enduring the firepower of thousands of aliens and pirate weaponry, destroying huge beasts and robots and crushing the Pirate forces when no one else can. She wields godlike power and has come to be known as "the Hunter" among the Space Pirates, and she is the only thing they fear. Beautiful, strong, courageous, Samus is the epitome of everything one aspires to be.

If you're wondering about the cold vulnerability and her Immunity to X parasites, it's from the Metroid Fusion ordeal, wherein she was infected with the deadly X parasites and only a vaccine engineered from Metroid DNA saved her. It permanently altered her body (now infused with both Chozo and Metroid DNA) and rendered her immune to the X, but left her with some of the Metroid weakness to cold.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Chozo Power Suit
Tech Level: 5

STR 8* (+4)
DEX 6* (+3)

* Added to wearer's Abilities.

Saves: Toughness +9*
Type: Power Armor
Size: Medium
Handling Modifier: - Speed: 30 ft.
Base Features:
Advanced Onboard CPU System 4 (+8 Computers checks) [4]
Armor 9 (Ex: Impervious +1) [18]
Enhanced Dexterity 6 [6]
Enhanced Strength 8 [8]
Environmental Seal 10 (Permanent) [10]
Shrinking 4 (Ex: Normal Movement +1, Normal Toughness +1; Drawback: Disability [No hands] -4) [8]
Super-Strength 2 (Heavy Load: 5.5 tons) [4]
Complementary Features:
Base Comms 15 (Radio; Anywhere in same solar system; Feat: Subtle) [15]
Base Sensors 18 (Radio 2 [Extended 4]; Hearing: Extended 1; Vision: Extended 1; Direction Sense 1, Distance Sense 1, Infravision 1, Microscopic Vision 2, Radar 3, Time Sense 1, Ultravision 1) [18]
Profile Database (Assessment Feat [Knowledge: Tech] 1) [1]
Profile Entry (Favored Opponent Feat) [1]

Weapon Systems:
Arm Cannon:
Damage 12 (Ex: Guided +1, Range +1; Drawback: Power Loss [In Morph Ball] -3, Reduced Range -1) [32] - Missile
-AP: Damage 13 (Ex: Area Burst +1, Range +1; Flaw: Action -1; Drawback: Power Loss [In Morph Ball] -3) [1] – Charge Beam
-AP: Damage 10 (Feat: Split Attack; Ex: Autofire +1, Range +1; Drawback: Power Loss [In Morph Ball] -3) [1] – Power Beam Autofire
-AP: Damage 8 (Ex: Area Burst +1, Penetrating +1; Flaw: Limited [Morph Ball only] -1) [1]

Combat: Damage +4* (unarmed), +8 (bombs), +10 (Power Beam), +12 (missiles), +13 (Charge Beam), Initiative +3*, Grapple +4*, Knockback -4*

Abilities 0 +Base Systems 58 +Complementary Systems 7 +Weapons 35 +Combat 0 -DB = 100
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

So here is the base Power Suit, with little to no upgrades. It protects Samus from environmental conditions (except for those that are so intense, such as the intense heat of magma caverns, the kind the book says just do a direct Damage effect) and basically lets her survive indefinitely within its sealed systems. It is a biotechnological wonder, keyed to Samus' DNA.

The Power Suit also has ways of enhancing Samus' already impressive mobility. One such feature depicted here (Shrinking) is the Morph Ball, which literally transforms her into a little ball (her body is transformed into energy during this time) that can roll around at high speeds and get into places she could not normally. Unfortunately, the Morph Ball is rather limited in weaponry, possessing at base only small energy bombs. Like everything else in the suit, these bombs can be upgraded to inflict serious damage.

Her main weapon is the Power Beam, the cannon on her right arm that fires yellow blasts of energy. It can rapid-fire or it can charge up a powerful explosive blast. The cannon can also fire missiles (which are stored as energy and converted to physical form when fired) of considerable power. These things can be upgraded, from Super Missiles and multi-missile shots to different kinds of energy beams, from the freezing Ice Beam to the scorching Plasma Beam and more.

The Power Suit isn't limited to assimilating Chozo technology. There are few things with which it can't interface, in fact. The tech of other alien species has been assimilated many times before, making the Power Suit modular in a way that no other weapon in the universe can match.

A final note: Samus' cost is going to go up, probably by another ten or fifteen points, because I forgot about her gunship. I'm too tired to create it tonight, however, so I will edit that in tomorrow. Over the next few days, I will also post example upgrades to the Power Suit, from Space Jump Boots to new weapons to various suit upgrades (Gravity Suit and the Light Suit are two examples), and then I think my next build will be Mother Brain -- so I'll finally have a villain to match the heroes I've been posting.

Then maybe I'll run a sample fight featuring Samus, perhaps with Mother Brain. Or maybe Ridley, if I stat him up.
Last edited by Tyrant Lizard King on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Man Called True
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: Pangaea - Sheva, Mega Man X, MediEvil, L4D2, Samus Aran

Post by Man Called True » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:17 am

Well, Samus lost the gunship in the beginning of Fusion, so you can probably leave that out.

Nice Samus. Definitely makes you feel the "Hunter" vibe. One of the best moments in the series is finding the Space Pirate Log in Prime 2 concerning the Dark Samus - it can be summed up as "There are two of them. We are all going to die."

You have to take the Chozo suit's Protection down by one, though - Toughness caps at your PL.

And now that you've got the rest of the Infected up, I can (with your permission) start prepping my storyline wherein I pit my heroes against the infection...
I've forgotten more than some people will ever know... Of course, there's my problem...

My Character Stumblings

Tyrant Lizard King
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Pangaea - Sheva, Mega Man X, MediEvil, L4D2, Samus Aran

Post by Tyrant Lizard King » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:49 am

Man Called True wrote:Well, Samus lost the gunship in the beginning of Fusion, so you can probably leave that out.
Thanks for the comments yet again, Man Referred To As True! :mrgreen: You're right, but I think she gets a new one at the end, with an onboard AI that has a personality like her old CO, Adam Malkovich. It's not like she uses it that much during the actual gameplay, the gunship, but it's significant enough at times to probably be worth statting up and adding to her cost. In Prime 3 it is pretty significant, though.

One thing I'm still debating on is whether or not to give Samus' Power Suit Regeneration. I assume that you can in the same way that Constructs can be made to have self-repair, because it seems to me like the suit seems capable of that. Gathering little energy spheres and missiles from fallen enemies strikes me as more of a game play conceit than how it actually works. Part of the ship's capabilities (I might just design the thing with the Mecha Creation system in Mecha & Manga, it's a lot of fun) is repairing damage done, but assuming that it doesn't work like a video game the rest of the time (i.e., her collecting healing energy from destroyed enemies), how do you think it's done? Think a self-repair would work?
Man Called True wrote: Nice Samus. Definitely makes you feel the "Hunter" vibe. One of the best moments in the series is finding the Space Pirate Log in Prime 2 concerning the Dark Samus - it can be summed up as "There are two of them. We are all going to die."
Thank you! I was going for exactly that, the "Hunter" vibe, because she is the baddest girl -- in fact, the baddest living thing -- in the galaxy! Seriously, when Samus comes to your planet, just give it up. The woman has literally gone to worlds where all across the world are whole Pirate bases, with giant and powerful machines and native creatures, and left the world either totally destroyed or in smoking ruins wherever she went (at least the Pirate base, anyway -- she doesn't wipe out species and ecosystems for kicks or anything). After that happens a few dozen times, not to mention all the ships and things she has destroyed in the story, you'd pretty much be screwed when this pretty lady is around, and not in the good way.

And yes, I found it funny also the way the Pirates reacted to the two Hunters. "As terrible as it sounds, there are two of them now." I mean, seriously, the Pirates take out Federation troopers and ships and labs and such all the time. But just the thought of Samus has them quaking in their exoskeletons. She is a pioneer in the video game world and one of the coolest characters ever, in my not so humble opinion. I'm proud to feature such a legend in Pangaea!

Speaking of which, I'm going to go back over my Mega Man X and Zero builds and try to cut them down a bit, since I see them pretty much on par with Samus. So about PL 15 or so, with the points of a PL 16, roughly. They're just powerful characters, no getting around it.
Man Called True wrote: You have to take the Chozo suit's Protection down by one, though - Toughness caps at your PL.
Check out her trade-offs: -2 Defense, +2 Toughness. Originally, I had her at PL 14, then bumped it to 15 because I figure suit upgrades and the like might add a bit more damage and such. Right now, she sits at PL 13-14 offensively, but with Profile Entry and Profile Database she can scan a foe and do more damage by finding out its weaknesses, just like in Prime -- in addition to using some Target Lock features.
Man Called True wrote: And now that you've got the rest of the Infected up, I can (with your permission) start prepping my storyline wherein I pit my heroes against the infection...
Of course you have my permission! I'm glad you like them enough to want to use them! And, in fact, let me just say this right now: you have, forever and ever, my permission to use any of my builds. Anyone does. I'd rather like them to be used, if anyone likes them enough to do so. It makes me happy that as a character designer I could even create something worthwhile.

I do ask one thing, though: tell me how it goes with the Infected? I haven't used them in play, so I am not sure how they will work out. Judging by points alone, even one Special is nearly enough for PL 8-9 heroes, maybe even a PL 10 (I think I still need to add the Infection ability to the Tank and Witch, I'll do that shortly). However, by caps and everything, they should fall in a straight contest fairly easily, for the most part. It's just that the generals of the Infected are good at not fighting fair... :mrgreen:

Thanks for the comments and encouragement and I honestly would like to know how your game goes and what you plan to do with these lovely Infected. :)