Pierced Geek stats the Guardians of the Galaxy, S.W.O.R.D.

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
MorningKnight
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Pierced Geek stats the Guardians of the Galaxy, S.W.O.R.D.

Postby MorningKnight » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Great work on Beast and the Guardians.

And I fell for Abigail Brand when she went all Rambo on the Skrull ship where Reed was held.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:09 pm

MorningKnight wrote:Great work on Beast and the Guardians.

Thanks.

MorningKnight wrote:And I fell for Abigail Brand when she went all Rambo on the Skrull ship where Reed was held.

Yeah, she's pretty awesome.

Suprisingly, the sequence you mention is the only half decent visual dipiction of her kicking ass, which is why I grabbed the picture for her build from that issue. Almost every other action sequence I could find featuring her, she was in a crowd, or too far in the background.
Punching For Justice - It's a podcast devoted to superhero gaming and Mutants & Masterminds 3e
Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Pierced Geek stats S.W.O.R.D.

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Pierced Geek wrote:Dr. Henry McCoy - Beast : PL 11

Now there's a Mighty Beast build. 8)

Pierced Geek wrote:Gamora - Deadliest Woman in the Universe : PL 12

At PL 12, i wouldn't say she's the deadliest.. I'm curious what level you will make Thanos, based on that she could wipe the floor with him if she wanted to. I stated her myself about PL 16 i believe.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Gamora's rep is really more in name than in deed... I can't even think of too many major characters she's beaten up, much less killed. She couldn't beat Richard Rider in his current form, and I wouldn't put her on Thanos' level either. And her "Godkiller" sword has yet to kill any Gods, to my knowledge (it broke on Thanos' skin, going by the latest issue).

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:16 pm

JoshuaDunlow wrote:
Pierced Geek wrote:Dr. Henry McCoy - Beast : PL 11

Now there's a Mighty Beast build. 8)

What can I say? Hank's been one of my favouite characters since I started reading comics. That combined with the fact that he's a polymath and a low level brick, it just felt right to make him that powerful. Like Brand, my rough draft was actually much more powerful. At least twenty points more-so.

JoshuaDunlow wrote:
Pierced Geek wrote:Gamora - Deadliest Woman in the Universe : PL 12

At PL 12, i wouldn't say she's the deadliest.. I'm curious what level you will make Thanos, based on that she could wipe the floor with him if she wanted to. I stated her myself about PL 16 i believe.

Has there been a comic where she has handed him his purple backside? Despite my obvious love of cosmic characters these days, it's only been since the 'Annihilation' crossover that I've really become interested in them, and as such, to the best of my memory the only encounters between the two that I've read were during the 'Infinity Guantlet' crossover, and in this week's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.

Still, it's all a matter of persepective yeah? There's no way I"d put Gamora at PL 16. The Silver Surfer and will be a PL 16 when I get around to stating him. Probably Thanos and the Fallen One; maybe Firelord as well. And Squirrel Girl! Guys like Beta Ray Bill, Terrax the Tamer, and the Elders of the Universe would all weigh in at a PL 15. Vulcan and Black Bolt might be weak PL 15s. Stardust would be a PL 14.

Anything above a 16 might as well be PL X so far as I'm conncerned, but I really can't think of much more than a handful of characters that would be able to handle Gamora, and I do think the way I've got her statted, she'd give any one of them a bit of a kicking before going down.

Also, to be fair, I can't think of any female character I'd stat higher than Gamora -- except Squirrel Girl, and she doesn't kill -- so she still retains her title of Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy.
Punching For Justice - It's a podcast devoted to superhero gaming and Mutants & Masterminds 3e
Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Shows what i know, i dont read comic books. And i just had wikipedia to go by when i did the build. So i'm the DURH!

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:46 am

It's all good. One of the interesting things about these threads is seeing the differant ways everyone interprets the same characters.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:06 am

Lockheed : PL 9

Str 8 Dex 18 Con 16 Int 12 Wis 14 Chr 16

Toughness +6 Fortitude +10 (7) Reflex +13 (9) Will +9 (7)

Attack +3 /+7 dragonflame
Damage +7 dragonflame /+11 suprise attack /+5 bite
Defense 23 (12 flat-footed)
Initiative +4

Skills
Acrobatics +12 (8), Bluff +11 (8), Climb +3 (4), Investigate +6 (5), Language [English], Notice +8 (6), Sense Motive +10 (8), Stealth +18 (6), Survival +8 (6)

Feats
Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Specialization [Blast] x2, Attractive, Dodge Focus x8, Sneak Attack x3

Powers
Blast x7 (16 pp)
- AP: Blast x4 (Extra: Area [Cone])
- AP: Obscure [Visual] x7
Flight x3 (6 pp)
Mind Shield x5 (5 pp)
Protection x3 (3 pp)
Shrinking x8 (Flaw: Permanent) (4 pp)
Strike x5 (5pp)

Tradeoffs: Attack/Save - -2/+2 Defense/Toughness - +3/-3

Power Points: Abilities 32 + Saves 23 + Combat 14 + Skills 13 + Feats 14 + Powers 39 = 135 Total

04.25.2010 - Lockheed is a purple dragon the size of a housecat that hangs out with Kitty Pryde. He's also an alien called a flock that S.W.O.R.D. used as mole inside the X-Men, and later hangs out on the PEAK. He likes pretending to be of animal intelligence, Kitty Pryde, and whiskey. He dislikes Pete Wisdom.

I imagine most people would have Lockheed as Shadowcat's minion or sidekick, but in the context of his relationship to S.W.O.R.D. he's certinaly his own being. PL 9 might be a bit high, but he does seem to hold his own pretty well. Plus, the brood are terrified of him, so perhaps not.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:17 am

Wow learn something new about old character, this puts lockheed in a completely new light. Guess i have missed quite a bit in comic-dom.

MorningKnight
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby MorningKnight » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Paul Smith always hinted that Lockheed was smarter than he looked.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:38 am

MorningKnight wrote:Paul Smith always hinted that Lockheed was smarter than he looked.

During Warren Ellis Excalibur run Lockheed was even able to talk, he insulted and threatened Pete Wisdom at least once per issue. It was also implied that he played the pet with Kitty because he had a crush for her... don't ask...
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

MorningKnight
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby MorningKnight » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:12 am

Woodclaw wrote:
MorningKnight wrote:Paul Smith always hinted that Lockheed was smarter than he looked.

During Warren Ellis Excalibur run Lockheed was even able to talk, he insulted and threatened Pete Wisdom at least once per issue. It was also implied that he played the pet with Kitty because he had a crush for her... don't ask...

Brother, when I was 14, I'd have given my left kidney to be Lockheed. I ain't got to ask. :wink:

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:51 pm

MorningKnight wrote:
Woodclaw wrote:

Brother, when I was 14, I'd have given my left kidney to be Lockheed. I ain't got to ask. :wink:

Believe me I understand perfectly, Kitty was my second comic book crush... Wolfbane was the first
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Return to “Roll Call”