NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Anomaly
Champion
Champion

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #2: Windmill (IC)

Post by Anomaly » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:58 am

Viktor DeGallow (Impasse)
Michuru81 wrote:"Tell me what happened."
Viktor assumed since he was called in close to last that the headmaster had heard most of the story.

"I will give you the abridged version, since I am sure you are tired of hearing it and I want to get out of here and get a meal." Instead of taking a seat, he paced back and forth in front of the desk where Sir Newton sat.

"Sarah said her father was in need of help. We amassed as much assistance as was available, removed a small road block from our way and took off to help a set of hostages and an amigo in need."

"The jet flew marvelously. It is truly a fine work of art. Sound of the engine, the pure speed, it felt..." Viktor shook his head, realizing he was getting off topic. "Oh, the nevermind."

"We landed, told the army we could handle the goons. Their commander seemed turned off from our help at first, but I took care of it. Crashed in, pommeled the baddies and saved a large group of hostages and that bastante little Emily. Oh and the Captain." He made sure to avoid his lack of involvement in any combat, or the embarrassing lack of entrance through the roof.

"Basically, it was a nice little unscheduled exercise with the added benefits of great press for the Vindicators and school and we saved lives."

Standing there, in front of the desk, Viktor figured they ought to get a medal or at least a pat of the back for the job they did. Yeah, school protocol was broken out right, but he had little concern for all that.

"Anything else you need? I would be happy to send in the next person."
Player of: Amalgam Anomaly Impasse Coulomb

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:03 am

FACH
"Tell me what happened," Sir Isaac Newton said.

Tatjana took a deep breath. "You know what happened," she whispered. "You were the one who brought me here, to your office, and told me my father was in trouble."

"Miss Nelson?" the headmaster asked. "Can you speak up?"

"I'd rather not," she whispered. "I'm very upset over what's happened today. I'm upset and I'm afraid that having to justify my actions today will lead to me screaming and if I start screaming, people's ears start bleeding." She smoothed her skirt over her thighs and cleared her throat before continuing. "You told me my father was in trouble and you told me there was nothing that could be done. I was upset and I went to Martin and the others for help. I asked them to come with me to Germany. We encountered two hostile Neo-Sapiens and we beat one--the other got away. We saved my father and found out Jason's mother may be involved in whatever was going on.

"Is that enough?"

PARABOLA
"Tell me what happened."

"RightsoI'moutwithSexyLexyonthequadwhentheotherscomerunnin'uponabouthowTatjana'sdaddyistakin' hostagesorsomethingsoweheaddownthehangarandfindsomeone'salreadytakenoutMisterMcClanahan--
wasn'tus--andJason'sstealin'ajetsowegetonandheadtoGermanywhereViktortookmetotheroofandthenI headeddownthestairswhereIsatwithAlexwhomademegivehimbackhisjacket."

She puffed out her bottom lip in a pout and exhaled, blowing up her fringe in the process.

"That'swhenthiswomanwho'sgotVlad'spowersandisoldenoughtobehismomcomeschargingdownthestairsand Lexseestheknifeandtriestoshoweveryoneelsewhataherolookslikeandhetakesherdownbutshethreatensto blowupsoViktorhelpshergetawayandthat'swhenwemetEmilywho'sparentsweretaken." Kirstie frowned. "We did so much to help Tatjana's father but... I feel like crap that we haven't moved to help Emily. It's not right." The young woman sighed dejectedly. "AnywayMisterAnderpopsinandstartsyellingandthenwe'rehere.

"Did I miss anything?"
Michuru81 wrote:After everyone gives their testimony, each of the truant teens are taken back to solitary confinement (i.e., their rooms) until summoned once more. You all sit before one of the two headmasters, who addresses you all together...
"Thank you for your patience," he said. "This ordeal has gone on much longer than I anticipated but... we've come to the conclusion, it seems.

"First and foremost, I want to address what so many of you said: none of you are being expelled. I would have hoped that the Americans would understand what it is we're trying to do best: outside of these walls is a world that fears and hates you for what you can do. We strive to give you the tools you'll need to have a happy, healthy life after graduation--in whatever career you choose to pursue--and simply casting you out like scraps to stray dogs would be counter-productive to that. Rest assured that unless your presence here endangers the lives of other students, there will always be a home for you here.

"Second, I do not fault any of you for acting as you do initially. You moved to help a friend and to stop terrible tragedy from unfolding and for that--for the departing as you did--I applaud each of you. John 15:13 says, 'Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.' No, it's not what you did today that has put you here but the methods you employed...

"Tatjana, I apologize to you for stealing your hope. Iconoclast was a larger threat than your father, the Vindicators presumed, and with them mobilized to stop him, there really wasn't anyone who could be spared to tend to the situation in Germany. However, I see in hindsight that you could have done well with a chaperon: a teacher capable of coordinating your skills and abilities to defuse the situation. I apologize to all of you for not trusting in your abilities before and promise you, I'll not underestimate you so again.

"I feel that if anyone is at fault for how things went down, it is this institution. While I'm aware that the majority of you have only been here two days, we didn't adequately prepare Miss Nelson nor Miss Arnett for this level of field work.

"I hope to remedy that now.

"The first problem that arose was in flying the plane. It was apparently by sheer luck that Mister Lamperouge was able to fly the plane. We need you trained and for that... Mister Lamperogue and Mister DeGallow? Your... 'punishment' will be personal sessions with Captain Nelson. You will surrender your Saturdays towards learning to pilot a plane--that if a situation similar to this one arises in the future, you will be better prepared.

"Mister Rexton and Mister Radikovich... As I understand it, the two of you both employed varying levels of tactics today. Let's work on honing those skills. While we require a student's Wreck Room training sessions to be governed over by a faculty member, I am giving you both full access to the facility on the condition that you both be present." He looked to Alex Murphy, as if there was something more he wanted to say, but couldn't in front of everyone else. "Look after each other--watch each other's backs--and I look forward to seeing what new tactics you devise."

"Mister Curie and Mister Murphy? As I understand correctly, you both demonstrated staggering power in the face of opposition: I've heard of Mister Curie's ability to restrain his opponents and Mister Murphy's talent for disabling them. You both demonstrated that it was possible to overcome an opponent without lethal force or brutality. It is with this in mind that I'm nominating the both of you to be named prefects for the school. In group exercises and field missions, this will put you in a position of authority over your peers. Just remember that it's one thing to be given authority and another to earn respect. A badge doesn't always entitle obedience--the best leader is one who cares for all of his or her comrades and understands them.

"Miss Nelson and Miss Arnett... I don't say this to insult either of you, but I know the lament you must feel over the effectiveness of your abilities. Both of you have powers that only aid in certain situations. It is for that reason that I'm recommending both of you for personal training in the martial arts. I assure you, it will likely be a long and difficult road, but perhaps with martial training under your belt, you'll both have more confidence in yourselves and will bestow more strength on your team.

"Miss Adler, I am truly sorry for the abduction of your parents. Rest assured, the Vindicators are working to try and discern the location of Laputa's base. It is my sincerest hope that your family is found swiftly and in good health. However, until then, your homeland has agreed to erase your involvement from what happened, provided you remain in the custody of this institution until such a time as your parents can be recovered.

"Now then... are there any questions?"
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:00 am

Candyman

Vlad was surprised by the twists and turns the days activities had taken, that was inarguable. Still, if his presence at the academy was to continue, he knew it would make his father happy, so he would not quibble. There were certain aspects of the headmasters' pronouncement that deserved response...acknowledgement, if not actual questioning.

"No sir, not from me. I understand everything presented. jack and I are to work on...creative tactics...we are not expelled and Martin and Lex are now our defacto leaders. I do feel compelled to comment on the last matter if I may. While I cannot disagree with the wisdom of making Martin a prefect, he showed a surprising level of reasoned calm in the face of a situation, I am certain his parents never prepared him for...Lex displayed erratic, emotional, indecisive behavior that could likely get anyone under his command in the field injured or killed. Despite trying too hard to prove how good a leader he is, and thus making some minor, correctable tactical errors, I personally feel Jason would be a far better choice. That said, if the staff is determined to put Alex in a position of leadership, I will not actively subvert him."

Vlad rubbed the back of neck and frowned.

"One more thing, sir. Comments made by Basilisk during our confrontation lead me to believe that Laputa achieved exactly what they were hoping for with this exercise. I am concerned that the academy may actually be infiltrated by agents of this organization, which seems to bear us no small amount of ill will. I would recommend starting background checks and keeping track of the movement and contacts of every individual at this school...insofar as such a thing is possible."

Having said his piece, Vlad leans back in his chair, waiting to be dismissed.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:04 am

Greystone:
Sir Newton wrote:"Now then... are there any questions?"
Jack didn't hesitate at all when given the opening, firing off his question almost immediatly after the headmaster had finished. "Yeah, if Martin and Alex are supposed to be in charge of us in groups like you're saying can I request to be part of Martin's group? Cause there ain't no way I'm listening to Alex try to boss me around, he's done nothing but give me shit since the Blitz and made it clear he'd rather try to fry my face off than be around me."

What Jack didn't say was that he'd like to see the mouthy American actually try it instead of run off at the mouth more than anything else besides hide behind excuses and try to rile the others up against him. Jack did notice the look the headmaster had given to Alex while talking to Vlad and Jack about watching each other's backs, that made it clear that Alex had said something about them that made the headmaster question his attitude towards them. At least enough to try and give them a subtle message.

Message recieved old man, keep a close eye on him. I'll talk with Vlad 'bout later, see if he noticed it.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:05 am

Jason Lamperouge

Jason nodded a bit. "While I don't know about something like infiltration, the Russian agent I spoke to seemed to believe what happened in Vienna was a distraction. I had convinced her that we were only trying to distract the Captain for the Germans-a lie that she bought when she revealed that we weren't 'the only ones who could make a distraction.'" Owing to his natural skill with voices and ability to perfectly remember what had been said and how, Jason's voice actually sounds a bit like Confectionery's during that last bit. Its a tad unsettling for him.

"Obviously they're well-organized, and definitely something the Vindicators should look into.'"

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:46 am

"Lex displayed erratic, emotional, indecisive behavior that could likely get anyone under his command in the field injured or killed. Despite trying too hard to prove how good a leader he is, and thus making some minor, correctable tactical errors, I personally feel Jason would be a far better choice. That said, if the staff is determined to put Alex in a position of leadership, I will not actively subvert him."

"Yeah, if Martin and Alex are supposed to be in charge of us in groups like you're saying can I request to be part of Martin's group? Cause there ain't no way I'm listening to Alex try to boss me around, he's done nothing but give me shit since the Blitz and made it clear he'd rather try to fry my face off than be around me."

"Oh, make no mistake," Sir Newton said firmly, "I don't disagree with parts of what you're saying. Mister Lamperogue is brilliant I firmly believe he will be an invaluable tool to Mister Curie and Mister Murphy. However, think of what is at the root of the word 'leader': lead. A leader is someone who leads a charge. He's someone who is on the front lines. He's someone who assesses the situation and adapts. Someone with Mister Lamperogue's abilities is best suited to remain behind lines, collecting data and helping to coordinate those in the fray. In actuality, either of you two would also make a fine leader... were it not for something else you lack: restraint.

"I don't necessarily condemn you for your actions. However Mister Radikovich, was there no other alternative to nullifying the threat Basilisk represented?" The immortal closed his eyes, sensing that such a comment would likely evoke a grin from Lex. "And Mister Murphy, imagine if Mister Radikovich had not taken the steps he had to remove Basilisk from combat. They had bested him once before, but he rose up again. What if, after subduing him, he broke free on the plane and took... say, Miss Arnett hostage? What if he killed her?" Kirstie gulped at the thought of her own death. "It is my hope that by placing Mister Murphy in a position such as this, you will all learn something...

"For starters, I hope that he will learn that there may be motives behind your movements beyond wanton violence. Likewise, I hope that some of his compassion will transfer to you. Mister Murphy is hardly the sort to maim an opponent simply because he's his opponent." The man nodded to himself. "I truly hope that this will cause you both to understand each other, because if you do not... you may yet fail. I merely pray that the price of such a lesson will not be too invaluable.

"However, Mister Murphy is not the only one I hope will learn something from this experiment. Mister Curie, possibly more than Mister Rexton, is more self-reliant than the rest of you. Again, I understand you haven't had long to acclimate to each other, but I earnestly hope that Mister Curie will begin to take advantage of the tools at his disposal: the unique abilities each of you possess are extraordinary and Mister Curie would be a fool to overlook them."

"One more thing, sir," said Vlad, "comments made by Basilisk during our confrontation lead me to believe that Laputa achieved exactly what they were hoping for with this exercise. I am concerned that the academy may actually be infiltrated by agents of this organization, which seems to bear us no small amount of ill will. I would recommend starting background checks and keeping track of the movement and contacts of every individual at this school...insofar as such a thing is possible."

"While I don't know about something like infiltration, the Russian agent I spoke to seemed to believe what happened in Vienna was a distraction. I had convinced her that we were only trying to distract the Captain for the Germans-a lie that she bought when she revealed that we weren't 'the only ones who could make a distraction.'" Owing to his natural skill with voices and ability to perfectly remember what had been said and how, Jason's voice actually sounds a bit like Confectionery's during that last bit. Its a tad unsettling for him.

"Obviously they're well-organized, and definitely something the Vindicators should look into.'"

"I had not hoped to burden you all with the truth of what happened," Sir Newton said with a heavy sigh, "but it appears I do owe you this much..." He turned in his seat and watched as a screen lowered from the ceiling behind him. His hand swept over the keyboard of his computer and an overhead map appeared on the screen. "Your little adventure occurred in Kaisterslautern. Approximately sixteen kilometers away from here is Ramstein Air Base which... we now know was attacked during the disruption in K-Town."

Mister Newton turned and fixed Jack with a sad, apologetic look before he hit the button that conjured garbled video footage from the attack.

Though the image was distorted, it was clear that a winged man with claw-tipped hands and feet descended into the middle of the base. His plated skin absorbed the barrage of bullets and the whip of his tail sundered any obstacle left in his path. For a brief moment--as he inhaled deeply--the picture was clear enough to identify the man as Dale Rexton. He exhaled and spewed flames into the camera, ending the footage of his rampage.

"One of the survivors said he overheard a codename: Therianthrope.

"We believe that Laputa created the situation in K-Town specifically to distract the Bundeswehr. Miss Adler was used to force Captain Nelson to make enough of a disturbance that they had no choice but to respond, while Basilisk and Confectionery ensured Therianthrope had all the time he needed to raid Ramstein.

"Given that this entire situation could have been defused had the Vindicators not been dealing with Iconoclast's attack, we're forced to believe he too is involved. Laputa had Iconoclast draw the Vindicators away so that the Bundeswehr would be helpless to thwart Captain Nelson's attack, giving Therianthrope the time he needed to raid the base and depart with billions in military equipment--guns, missiles, jets, engines...

"Ladies and gentlemen, we were just hit by a windmill. It's a chess term. It's when a pair of pieces--usually a bishop and a rook, make a series of discovered checks in order to remove material.

"Mark and mark it well: Laputa has the Vindicators' fullest attention."

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:10 pm

Jack:
Sir Newton wrote:"For starters, I hope that he will learn that there may be motives behind your movements beyond wanton violence. Likewise, I hope that some of his compassion will transfer to you. Mister Murphy is hardly the sort to maim an opponent simply because he's his opponent." The man nodded to himself. "I truly hope that this will cause you both to understand each other, because if you do not... you may yet fail. I merely pray that the price of such a lesson will not be too invaluable.
Jack rolled his eyes as the headmaster spoke. Riiiight, like he's gonna take the time to even bother listening rather than yell at us bout being vicious, nut ball killers. He said nothing though, clearly the headmaster wasn't inviting any kind of comments in response. He was simply telling them the way things were, hell at least he was being decent enough to explain himself.

Then they were shown the video footage and Jack's eyes buldged as he saw him ripping through people, his body visibly shifting on it's own as he struggled to stop his anger from driving him to vent his frustration that he was involved in all of this. It was a fight he lost as his body swelled, becoming stronger as he actually broke a handfull of the chair he was sitting loose from the space in between his legs. Jack dropped the remains onto the floor as he apologized in his own way with a quiet tone of voice nobody there had ever heard him use. "Sorry bout the chair, deduct it's cost from my stipend." The color of Jack's face is drained of all color despite his keeping a normal skin pigmentation and the look on his face is a mixture of anger, disgust and slight embaressment over losing his control.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
Michuru81 wrote:"First and foremost, I want to address what so many of you said: none of you are being expelled."
"Dammit."

If they weren't getting expelled he sure as hell didn't want to be here. Of course he was still somewhat screwed without a place to live.
Michuru81 wrote:"Rest assured that unless your presence here endangers the lives of other students, there will always be a home for you here."
Lex glanced at both Ripper and Impaler. How could anybody trust either of them after all they'd done?

Michuru81 wrote:"Mister Rexton and Mister Radikovich... As I understand it, the two of you both employed varying levels of tactics today. Let's work on honing those skills. While we require a student's Wreck Room training sessions to be governed over by a faculty member, I am giving you both full access to the facility on the condition that you both be present." He looked to Alex Murphy, as if there was something more he wanted to say, but couldn't in front of everyone else. "Look after each other--watch each other's backs--and I look forward to seeing what new tactics you devise."
That was it?!

Lex had been to tired to be angry until now. Their punishment was to improve upon their bloodthirsty nature and feed off of each other's psychotic tendencies?!

He noted bitterly that Ripper hadn't actually done anything wrong, that he knew of, but Vlad should have been facing criminal charges for assault, torture, and... maybe war crimes. He was pretty sure that Geneva convention had rules against these things.

At least the look was clear enough. Stay the @$*# away from the wreck room because they'll probably kill you.

He really hated this school.
Michuru81 wrote:"Mister Curie and Mister Murphy? As I understand correctly, you both demonstrated staggering power in the face of opposition: I've heard of Mister Curie's ability to restrain his opponents and Mister Murphy's talent for disabling them."
And now the teacher was poking fun at him. He'd given Basilisk both barrels and the guy brushed it off, and from the looks of the nutcase with the knife he'd nearly killed her by accident.

Hell, he hadn't even been able to do more than zap Lluva for more than a second.

He slumped forward in his seat more, looking miserable.
Michuru81 wrote:It is with this in mind that I'm nominating the both of you to be named prefects for the school.
Lex blinked at that.

What the %$#* was a prefect?
Wasn't it a car?
Michuru81 wrote:"Miss Adler."
And suddenly Lex felt a little hope. Somebody had finally acknowledge her existance besides himself, and she now had a name. Wasn't an Adler a snake? He suspected he'd have known these things if he'd been born in the country.

He sat quietly during Ripper and Impaler's violent opposition to him being whatever the hell a prefect was. Mostly because he didn't want to be a prefect. For starters he didn't want to be responsible for those two, especially since they'd do whatever the hell they wanted and ignore his ass anyways.

More so because he had no interest in being in the field or leading anything. This whole disaster had shown him that he was better off just getting a nice job, marrying some girl and keeping his head down.
Michuru81 wrote:"I don't necessarily condemn you for your actions. However Mister Radikovich, was there no other alternative to nullifying the threat Basilisk represented?" The immortal closed his eyes, sensing that such a comment would likely evoke a grin from Lex.
Lex grimaced as he felt bile rising up in him. Just the thought of what Vlad had done filled him with disgust. The teachers didn't even care the man had been pinned down and mutilated. And now it wasn't "stabbed him in the face" it was "nullified". Making it sound all nice and clinical.

Thoughts of leaving were dancing a Stomp routine through his head.
Michuru81 wrote:"And Mister Murphy, imagine if Mister Radikovich had not taken the steps he had to remove Basilisk from combat. They had bested him once before, but he rose up again. What if, after subduing him, he broke free on the plane and took... say, Miss Arnett hostage? What if he killed her?" Kirstie gulped at the thought of her own death. "It is my hope that by placing Mister Murphy in a position such as this, you will all learn something...
"Oh that is such load of bull-" he manages to catch himself this time, "You think we're really so stupid we couldn't handle one guy? He has to see people! A roll of duct tape would have been more than enough to 'nullify' him!"

"You put him all back of the bus, bag on his head, with him, him and him,"
He points to Ripper, Fluxx and Impasse, "Watching him and everybody else moved up to the front away from him so that doesn't happen."

"Of course we'll never know now, right?"

He slumped in his seat even more, once more fuming. He wished he'd never met Kirstie now.

She was really the only thing keeping him from leaving.

He couldn't leave her alone with those two... He wondered if he could convince her to move to another one.

Away from her family and friends.

Yup.

He was screwed.

He was so involved in his own self pity he missed the video and Jack's little episode until both were over.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Candyman

Vlad dropped his hand onto Jack's shoulder and gave a momentary, strong squeeze, then let it fall away. Jack was not the type who believed in comfort. Comfort was a sign of weakness, so Vlad merely made as much a gesture as the proud American would allow. Then he turned his attention to Alex. Alex was going to be a continuing issue unless they could establish some sort of detante. It was going to be difficult. Alex was completely self-centered and unawilling to see any point of view beyond his own. Vlad rubbed his neck in the anticipation of the headache to come.

Finally, Headmaster Newton's example of what Basilisk might do, drew his attention to Kirstie. Vlad frowned. She was an energy controller. She boosted, diminished or hi-jacked the control of energy from energy projectors. There was a familiar tickle in Vlads' brain as he thought about her powers. She might not be as helpless against an opponent like Basilisk as she...and everyone else thought. His powers must rely on SOME sort of projected catalyst. So far she had concentrated her efforts on what, for her, was most likely the easy things...obvious energy projection. What if discreet, inobvious energies were not beyond her manipulation? Would not that be a shock to Basilisk to find himself turned to stone by his own abilities? Vlad resolved to speak with Martin about the issue. Kirstie would most likely not listen to him and Alex would intervene and find some way to turn any discussion into a hostile confrontation.

He almost smiled at the thought of Kirstie suddenly displaying a far broader range of energy control than imagined before...of course, when you had powers like Vlad's, creativity was required. He felt a phantom ache in his shoulders and back remembering his fathers' punishments for failing to achieve things with his powers. Extra farm labor was an excellent and painful motivator.

"Are we done here sir?"

Anomaly
Champion
Champion

Post by Anomaly » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:28 pm

VIktor DeGallow (Impasse)
Michuru81 wrote: "The first problem that arose was in flying the plane. It was apparently by sheer luck that Mister Lamperouge was able to fly the plane. We need you trained and for that... Mister Lamperogue and Mister DeGallow? Your... 'punishment' will be personal sessions with Captain Nelson. You will surrender your Saturdays towards learning to pilot a plane--that if a situation similar to this one arises in the future, you will be better prepared.
You could have almost knocked Viktor over with a feather, and that's saying something, at his 'punishment'. He was amazed at how easily things went the way he hoped considering the circumstances. Some of this trips out would definitely be on his future agenda if the rewards would be so sweet. Not only were they all off the hook, but the teachers apparently were going to take the brunt of it for their actions. 'Another tally on the board,' he thought.

"Sir. I humbly accept your judgment and would be proud to serve my sentence with the esteemed Captain Nelson." Viktor tried a salute, but it was clearly not in proper form.

Most of the rest of the conversation seemed to pass right threw the grinning idiot. He was elated over the news of getting to learn to properly fly the jet and at their lack of any real punishment. He did catch that Emily would be staying with them for a while, which caused more than a few plans of conquest to begin whirling around in his nearly one track mind.

GPrime
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by GPrime » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:55 am

Emily
"Sir, I would like to offer any help I possibly can in tracking down Laputa."
Emily said. "I can't just sit here and wait for the Vindicators, and I have some skills that could be useful in the search for my parents."
Emily is almost indifferent to the bickering going on around her, she is rather one-minded at the moment.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Fluxx.

Martin was... stunned.

Leader?

Him?

There was some mistake, obviously. Apex was a leader type. Lluvia, yes. Oh no. Lluvia. If he disliked Martin before, the Frenchman pole vaulting into a position of authority was... suicide.

Martin was quiet as it became obvious Vlad would have no repercussions beyond additional training. He set his face to impassivity.

Martin was quiet at Alex's predictable-if-justified tirade.

More self-reliant?

Him?

Really?

Martin was even silent watching the film of Jack's... father(?) and the younger shifter's reaction.

A leader? Group excercizes and field missions? Leads the charge. Front Lines. Assess and adapt. When all he wanted was to be a chemist, a man of science.

His sister, Elle, would squeel when he told his family. That will be an awkward conversation to start.

"Sir Newton, Dr. Fischer, I understand counselling is never compulsory, but given ze... stress we've undergone. May I recommend it for all of those 'ere? Also, in taking the specific lessons you recommend for myself to 'eart, may I participate or at least observe in ze 'wreck room' sessions Jack and Vlad 'ave. To better learn of zem? I 'ope only to act to ze best of my abilities."

"I also offer what abilities I 'ave in ze search for ze truz concerning Laputa. It seems a danger to all of us."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:00 pm

"You think we're really so stupid we couldn't handle one guy?" thundered Alex.

"No, your squadron handled him well once," Sir Newton commented. "And then he apparently got a second wind and jumped right back into it.

"I'm not arguing with you, Mister Murphy. You seem not to hear me: I agree with you, to a certain degree. I don't believe that excessive force is the key to overcoming adversity myself. However, I do not feel that closing our eyes and humming while we hope that our problems pass us by is an alternative. Something needs to be done--something that serves as a middle ground to your philosophy and those your peers adhere to. My hope is you will find some common group and not dismiss them based on your own biases."

"Are we done here sir?" Vlad asked.

Sir Newton nodded to the Romanian.

"Sir," the Spaniard in their midst articulated, "I humbly accept your judgment and would be proud to serve my sentence with the esteemed Captain Nelson." Viktor tried a salute, but it was clearly not in proper form.

"Sir, I would like to offer any help I possibly can in tracking down Laputa," Emily said. "I can't just sit here and wait for the Vindicators, and I have some skills that could be useful in the search for my parents."

"I don't expect you to sit here and wait, Miss Adler. I don't imagine this will be easy for you: I understand you want results but with what little we have to go on, finding Laputa at this phase will be difficult. Rest assured, when we have something, you will be the first to know. We do not intend to keep you out of the loop."

Tatjanna rolled her eyes. Only this morning, Sir Newton had calmly told her that her father was about to be executed by the German military and there was nothing that could--or would--be done. She didn't imagine his words to Emily were much more than that: just words. "Well, if you're going to be staying here, I might as well show you around, right?" Tatjanna said as she rose to leave. "Besides, us German girls have to stick together..."

The headmaster and headmistress watched as their charges cleared out of the office. Soon, only one remained: the Frenchman sat perplexed by all he had heard.

"Sir Newton, Dr. Fischer, I understand counselling is never compulsory, but given ze... stress we've undergone. May I recommend it for all of those 'ere?"

Sir Newton looked to Doctor Fischer to explain. "That's... difficult, Martin... A few years ago, our sister school trusted their students to a psychiatrist who turned out to be... less than trustworthy. We're looking into it but the selection process won't be easy. This is not something we're taking lightly."

"Also, in taking the specific lessons you recommend for myself to 'eart, may I participate or at least observe in ze 'wreck room' sessions Jack and Vlad 'ave. To better learn of zem? I 'ope only to act to ze best of my abilities."

"That's going to be up to them," said Sir Newton. "To be honest, my hope was that these exercises would help foster a sense of camaraderie between the two. It's obvious they both have a lot in common--not just the ire of Mister Murphy--and I was concerned that Mister Rexton would need a friend following the video... Hopefully, Mister Radikovich will become someone he can be open with and vice versa: no doubt Confectionery's identity will be weighing down over Mister Radikovich."

"I also offer what abilities I 'ave in ze search for ze truz concerning Laputa. It seems a danger to all of us."

"Thank you, Martin. We will take that under advisement."

Martin took his cue to leave. Sure enough, Tatjanna had eloped with Emily, leaving him alone in the halls of the Viennese school. It had been a long day--and only his second day!--and his brain was about to burst from everything he had taken in...

The young Frenchman stumbled his way to his room and at the door he paused. Something wasn't right: from the other side his nose detected apples, high fructose corn syrup, water and ascorbic acid...

Turning the knob, Martin entered his room and took in the sight of a figure leaning against the wall beside the window he had not left open. The figure wore a winter coat the color of night. The hood was pulled up and the white fur that trimmed it coiled around his face like a mane. In his hands was a jar of applesauce--the source of the smell--and a plastic spoon protruded from his mouth. "Martin Curie?" he asked. His eyes opened, revealing golden slits that pierced the night. "It's not just Jason, Jack and Vlad's parents who are involved with Laputa..."

Lexus leaps to the window and Martin is able to see the barbed tail the expelled student possessed flicker behind him. "Don't trust Basil and Jeanette, Martin. They're not who you think they are..."
Michuru81 wrote:My apologies for taking a few liberties here but... it's all for the sake of advancing the story forward. :) We'll pick up the next session momentarily...

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #3: Skittles (IC)

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:02 pm

NEW VINDICATORS--European Academy #3: Skittles

One week after the events in Kaiserslautern, Viktor DeGallow's phone began to ring...

...at 4 o'clock in the morning...

Anomaly
Champion
Champion

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #3: Skittles (IC)

Post by Anomaly » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Viktor DeGallow (Impasse)
Michuru81 wrote:Viktor DeGallow's phone began to ring...

...at 4 o'clock in the morning...
Viktor awoke to a the tune of "La revolución sexual" by La Casa Azul. Cracking one eye open, he struggled through his hangover to reach for his phone to stop seemingly blaring sound.

"Si? You best be dying or smoking hot for such an intrusion." He slid to the side of the bed as he grabbed the glass containing a swallow of wine left over from the night before, to try to take the edge off.