The New FORCE Ops [IC: 8]: The World of Shadows

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The New FORCE Ops [IC]: Families’ Feud

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:48 pm

After Eve stepped out of Ethan's office Magnus gets up, puts away the notepad and pencil he'd been drawing schematics with and briskly walks through the door and shutting it behind him. About ten minutes later he comes back to the conference room followed by Ethan and once Magnus reclaims his seat, Ethan addresses everyone present.

"I spoke with La Rana this morning and it seems that she ended up getting hurt a bit worse than she had originally thought. Turns out she's got a few broken ribs from that hail of tools Overrun peppered her with, so she's going to be out for little while until the doctor clears her for field work. I've already arranged to get her debriefing done later on today and she wanted me to pass it on to the rest of you not to worry about her, she'll be back soon." Ethan walks to his chair at the head of the table and sits down as he continues.

"From what each of you told and what I heard during the mission I'd say this went pretty damn well. Everyone handled themselves reasonably well and the injuries were sparse on your end, there's some room for improvement but I'm extremely pleased with the overall efforts of each and every one of you. Be proud of yourselves; each of you put yourselves out of your comfort zone, worked with almost total strangers and dealt with a more experienced group of people who have been working together for several years."

Ethan's eyes shift from person to person in the room the whole time he talks, his tone is upbeat and there is a slight smile on his face. "So the good news is that you've got the next couple days to yourselves to go work out the few kinks that have been noted and get settled into your personal space here or check out the city so you can get more familar with it. Otherwise the next offical job I've got lined up isn't until the end of the week, but if anone cares to "go on patrol" so to speak, that's your choice but Vivian and I will give whatever support we can."

"Good job and let me be the first person to offically welcome each of you to Freedom City."

OOC wrote:End of adventure.
Good job to all, everyone gets 2 PP. One for the standard completion of an adventure & the other simply because I think everyone earned it.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

starfoxx70
Zealot
Zealot
Location: Springtucky Ohio [near the land of ink, just on the other side of reality.]

Re: The New FORCE Ops [IC]: Families’ Feud

Post by starfoxx70 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:46 am

Abaddon / Thomas Lee Alexander Jr.
H.P. = 0
Cond. = good

As soon as Ethan was done giving his speach, Tom was off at a slow indoor flight for him. Something that he could control indoors but get to where he wanted with out waiting. Where he wanted to be was in his room at that moment. No sooner had he got there he was opening the letter from mom, like a kid opening Christmas presents. As he read it his mother and father wished him well, dad reminded him that he would have to keep up his appearances in the public eye. He may be a superhero but he was a trust fund baby, and that meant going out and partying on his down time. Getting his picture in the rag sheets, he also had to look for a place to open his restaurant. The other cover story that he and his parents had come up with. Tom thought about the partying, the restaurant, and keeping up with his heroing, he would have to go back to the island just to take a vacation.

As he read on, a look of horror came across his face. “Oh no, she can’t really do this. I love them dearly but she can’t keep a secret, and he has more wandering eyes than I do. No I came here to be free of my brother and sister!!!” He really did love them but they were the younger brother and sister, and as he thought back, they were pains, loving pains but pains. He read on to see if there was any good news, nope it got worse, Mom and dad would be out here….TOMORROW! He activated the earwig “Oh lovely and talented Vivian. I have a question for you. Is there any chance of something very major and world ending possibly coming at us by say tomorrow? If not then you might want to activate full lock down and any other security features that you have.” Clicking it again so boss man Ethan could here “The reason that I bring it up… well Foxx is coming and I would rather face… oh say what ever that guy was that dam near leveled the city a few years back…yeah the one with the flames. Come on Boss man I here you laughing but you worked with her, you know what she is like, is the insurance paid on this building and can it take a hurricane force….say 6 hitting it. If not then we should evacuate the building and maybe the city.” Tom knew that he maybe over reacting just a little, his parents did love him, but they could go…well just a lot to far. Mom could over react to something happening, dad did know what it was like to have powers. The closest he came was that he was working on a battle suit that would let him keep up with mother. Conner, younger brother, also known as bro-ha tried to be a ladies man and prove himself better than both him and Jenny. Jenny was the little sister, he thought how it had been rough on her because her powers had kicked in while she was 12, both him and Conner had got theirs around 14 or 15. This was something that bugged Conner even more, little sister was equal to him, well power wise. He snapped back to reality when Ethan spoke to him, he could swear that he and Vivian were both laughing. Oh well there was nothing that he could do about it, trying to talk his mother out of doing something was like trying to stop a force of nature, actually you might win against nature.

Tom got up put the letter away in one of the draws in a end table by his bed. Looking around he realized that he hadn’t completely unpacked. He spent the next thirty minutes putting stuff away, all of it. That is when he found on of his favorite things. He cupped his hands and yelled out “Hey Niner, want to go to the park? Got a Frisbee to play with, and I was thinking that we could grill some hamburgers while we were down there!” What dog could resist Frisbee and half cook hamburgers. The thought of that made him happy again and he chugged down some of his dew.
All any one can be is the best you that you can be, can anyone Imagine trying to be me?

Ri Gou/ Hong Kong Action
Abaddon / Force OPs

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The New FORCE Ops [IC: 2]: A 4-Letter Word

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:06 am

Depsite Tom's mock protesting and begging neither Vivian nor Ethan have anything planned for the team aside from team exercises to help everyone get used to working together in varying sizes of the full roster, a couple tours around the city, lead by Vivian who makes it something similar to that of a mixture of a tour guide and a high school field trip, that point out various important locations everyone needs to know. Like AEGIS' headquarters at the Federal Building, City Hall, various police station houses, Riverside Park, the court house of Freedom City, Claremont Academy and other places of various interests that the team might need to know the locations of.

Over the following days everyone becomes more settled in their new home in the Anders Building as final arrivals of personal items arrive and are unloaded on the 16th floor, as well as the things that Vivian had been asked to get also. It's during this time that Tom's family comes to town, though they weren't allowed inside the Anders Building yet as there hadn't been enough time for Ethan to get all of the needed background checks done yet. But Tom is excused from some of the planned exercises to visit with them as they go about their buisness in Freedom City. Specifically the enrollment of his younger siblings in Claremont, a few buisness meetings his father had scheduled and some basic sight seeing as a family.

Susan makes time to go out with Eve, working with her on some points the younger woman felt she needed help with. Though most of it is done at night time and several of the tips are given while the pair interrupt things like muggings, car jackings, and even a car chase between rival gangs. While K9 continued to venture out solo, still working what he considered to be his "beat" and dealing with drug dealers and small gang who were hassling the homeless that carved out a meager living on the streets.

Meanwhile it seemed that Magnus seemed content to constantly tinker with his armor and other projects in the labs and most of the group wasn't 100% sure what Utu was doing in his spare time, if he wasn't seen watching Curling on ESPN.
OOC wrote:It's been about a week since the first mission, and it's the start of a new day. About ten in the morning, what's everyone up to now?

-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:49 am

Dovetail: Susan West

“Shit.”

Susan murmured to herself as she stared at the massive bruise that was the left side of her torso, “You’re not a kid Susan West.” She told herself in a motherly fashion, “You can’t just glide off of 12 story buildings and land on the hood of a gangbanger’s car anymore.”

She glared her disapproving look at herself through the mirror in her bathroom, “There’s no reason for you to hand deliver a concussion grenade into the cars fan vent to blow loose the hood latch so that it fly’s up and shatters the window while you leap from the car and roll 15 feet on hard city pavement.” She blew up, moving the hair from her eyes as she stared herself down, “Who cares if you were showing off for the kid, when she could’ve shorted out the car’s electrical system without leaving the rooftop.”

Both of her hands were on the sink as she leaned in giving herself the threatening look that she once gave a cocaine smuggler in Columbia, “You’re only a normal human and you’re an old beat up one at that.”

She pointed a finger at herself and gave the mirror one last mean glare before she tossed her toothbrush back in the shaving kit and stowed it away. She went back out into her living area and put on some jeans and rolling stones t-shirt that fit a little bit snug in the shoulders but did its job of covering her bruises, scrapes and scars. She ran her hand through her hair before she walked out of her room and up the stairs to the teams living area and sat down in front of the television. She switched on the obnoxiously large flat screen and flipped through the channels looking for some news, not really feeling up to Steve Wilco this morning. She didn’t feel up to watching somebody else’s baby-mama drama.
I hope you don't mind but to carry across the theme I started with a 4-Letter word.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:57 pm

K-9

Cond: fine HP 1

Rex had been up for hours by 10am. He woke early. Worked out in the gym. He was really beginning to understand the concept of "working out" and he loved it. Sure it wasn't as interesting as playing or going on patrol, but, it was a great way to start the day. The only problem ws that for certain exercises like the "bench press" that Tom-Abaddon had shown him, his tail created a problem. With his hips changed to a hybrid shape between a dogs and a mans, his tail was set at a different angle. Lying on his back was uncomfortable. It was a minor issue all in all.

After his workout, he checked the kitchen to see if Tom-Abaddon had made breakfast. The days he did were great! When he didn't, Rex poured himself a bowl of kibble and ate. Mostly Rex didn't eat with the others. They socialized when they ate. Rex...well, Rex at like a dog. It took him five minutes tops to polish off a pound and a half bowl of kibble.

Then Rex went to the lounge and watched television. Cartoon Network. Rex was quite jealous of Dyno-Mutt. There was a dog with super-powers...even if he seemed to lack a certain amount of sense. 10 am found him right there, curled up on the carpet, remote in hand watching "Teen-age Mutant Ninja Turtles". Rex was not sure he would love being a turtle, and he certainly couldn't see himself taking orders from a rat, but, the show was fun...and it made him fantasize about using a sword. If a turtle could manage it, he should be able to.

starfoxx70
Zealot
Zealot
Location: Springtucky Ohio [near the land of ink, just on the other side of reality.]

Post by starfoxx70 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:42 am

H.P. = 1
Cond. = Tired

Tom woke up by 7, it was starting to get easier. He still grabbed the 64 oz refillable jug off the night stand and chugged it all. He thought to himself, hey that was a personal best. Only had to stop to breath once. He still went to the kitchen, he was still wondering which one of his team mates had put the label on one of the coffee pots, it read Tom’s do not drink!! What had got him was that the two exclamation marks were turned into a happy face. He looked around and when he was sure that no one was around he smiled at it. He was pretty sure that it was either Vivian or Sparky. He couldn’t see Birdie doing something like that, and Froggey hadn’t been around since the big fight. He wondered how bad she had been hurt. He pushed the thought out of his head and grabbed the pot. Pouring about half a cup of sugar straight into the pot, he then drank the whole pot of coffee.

He went back to his room and changed into his work out gear. He did about 5 minutes worth of wind sprints in the stair well. Going from his floor to the gym and back down. After that he thought he was warmed up enough to actually start working out. For one arm curls he loaded it with about 500 lbs. After that he went to the bench press, for this he put just about everything they had in the gym on his power lifting bar. With everything on the bar, it only came to 3000 lbs. That was pushing his limits but he wanted to go farther with out powering up. When he was done, he put everything back in its place. He looked around and had found his hidden out of order sign. He had taken it from the hotel that his parents stayed at. He stripped down and got into the sauna, leaving the sign on the door. He sat in there for what felt like forever but when the timer rang he got out. Carefully he looked to make sure the place was clear then quickly he got dressed.

Now it was time for breakfast, but by the time he got there. He could see that Niner had already eaten. He forgot to put up his bowl, dogs. Oh well he was a friend and he could be forgiven. Tom thought about what he wanted but couldn’t decide what it was that he wanted. In the end he grabbed the punch bowl, two boxes of cereal and a gallon of milk. Captain Crunch was great even if it still tore up the roof of your mouth. Then he thought, Oh crap some one is going to be pissed, I ate all of the cereal, Dam, dam, dam. He didn’t want have any one on the team pissed at him. Better go to the store quickly. It wasn’t too far away. He double up on eating the cereal as went back to his room. Grabbing a back pack, wallet, earwig, he set off to the kitchen to put the bowel away. Better by another two gallons of milk he thought to himself. He took the elevator to the 15 floor and ran down the stairwell to the ground floor. Going out the front door, stopped to stretch out. The door man said something about him going jogging but spying the back pack asked if he had ate all the cereal again. Tom looked at him and made sure that he had his wallet, looking back at the doorman he told him nope he had not and that if he saw any of the people that he hung with, that he had not seen him either. To make sure that the door man had not seen him, a ten spot changed hands. With that Tom took off jogging to the store, it was a average size store. Locally owned and run by a nice couple. The woman read the gossip mags and would ask him if he had decided to settle down yet and to stop going out with such wild women. Her sisters daughters were nice and thought that he was good looking. In truth the daughters were good looking and could give a couple of the “super models” a run for their money, but Tom had eyes right now for one person. He waved at the man as he came in said hello and headed back to the cereal aisle. He came back up with four boxes and two gallons of milk. The man was still there and looked at him, saw what Tom had put down to be rung up and asked him if he had ate the cereal again. Tom just grinned and asked him if his wife was going to be in soon. He looked around before answering that she was out of town seeing her sister and that if he knew what was good for him that he would stay away for a couple of weeks. Tom looked at the man then saw the wink and got the meaning. His wife must be rounding up the daughters of her sisters and bringing them here. He told the man thanks using a fifty to pay him and told him to keep the change for the good info that he had passed along.

Tom was running back to the tower now at full speed, he thought about ducking down an alley and taking flight, but he hadn’t brought his mask with him. He pushed himself to go faster. Now he was running at full speed trying to get back to the tower but at the same time, not run over the innocent bystanders, and right now they were standing in his way. Finally he made it heading to the elevator he pushed the 16 floor and slid his card in to take him up with out stopping.

Making his way to the kitchen, he put the cereal away and hoped that no one had woke up and saw the cereal gone. Closing the frig, he heard the TV on and went to see what was on. It was the turtles, and there was Niner curled up on the rug, with the remote in paw, watching the turtles. Tom joined Niner watching TV and hoped for the best.
Last edited by starfoxx70 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
All any one can be is the best you that you can be, can anyone Imagine trying to be me?

Ri Gou/ Hong Kong Action
Abaddon / Force OPs

MutantPoptart
Hireling
Hireling

Post by MutantPoptart » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:07 am

Utu

Utu found it hard to occupy his time sitting around in the spacious but uneventful building. He was used to traveling the world and every day bringing something new, be that knowledge or an adventure of sorts. Since the past victory for the greater good, the most adventure he has had was Abaddon's poor attempts at vegetarian cuisine. Silly Hawaiians always ruin the natural flavor of vegetation. Though the team has grown on him and he did not care to tell me man the truth and braved through it. It was nice of him to give the attempt. He seemed to be the only one not training from what he could tell, then again it is hard to see what the rest of the team is doing from sitting in the library 10 plus hours a day. He had barely been able to remember the ritual needed in their past mission and wanted to make sure such a... hiccup, did not happen again. With people of his kind, knowledge was quite literally power.

Where one sees a book, I see the proverbial bench press. he thought to himself, smiling at his own wit. Still awake from yesterday and flipping through "A History of Arabic Arcane Lore" before finally deciding to take a break and standing up and stretching. I wonder what time it is, the sun is up now but it is so difficult to tell the time through these windows. Perhaps a snack then a visit with K9? With that, he headed off to the kitchen to grab a salad and a bag of "potato chips", a strange snack food that is very popular in the United States from what he was told. One of which he has become very fond of while watching television, another activity he has become fond of. He always tended to go watch "TV" the same time K9 did, and over the past week have seemed to kind of become "Television Buddies", a label he or K9 have never said out loud but he heard on a strange show once about two obese men who eat snacks and watch "Football". He could have swore "Football" was played differently but never payed much attention to sports in his travels.

After grabbing his snacks he sits down silently next to K9 and begins snacking and watching a strange colorful show about humanoid versions of acrobatic fighting turtles. "This should be a good show, I have always liked turtles. Though I have never seen any humanoid ones before, nor any so acrobatic..." he said out loud as more of a statement than an attempt at conversation.
"Fred Dryer is TV's Hunter? Wow, that is like finding out Jesus knew karate. Can you imagine that Stan? ...Karate Jesus."

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Susan leaned back on the couch, pulling her legs underneath her as everyone seemed to file into the living room and gathered around the television. It felt like she was back in her parents house in Georgia. She had forked the remote over to K9 as soon as he had came in, it was kind of odd that the Anthropomorphic dog had changed it straight over to Anthropomorphic turtles.

"Alright," She said, "I get the turtles but what I don't get is the rat. I mean the Turtles are the Rats students and he taught them to be Ninja's but who taught the Rat to be a Ninja?" She asked to no one in particular. "And why are they calling Leonardo's Ninja-to's Katana's when they are clearly ninja-to. Look at it, straight edge, shorter thicker blade, and a square guard obviously not a Katana..."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:05 pm

K-9

Condition: healthy HP 1

Rex laughed, a strange growling yip, as Dovetail-Alpha ,mused out loud. "Alpha too serious. Turtles wear masks too. Why? Mask conceal turtle identity as much as it conceal K-9 identity. Is cartoon. Is for fun...like bar-be-cue or chasing squirrels. Rrrrr...maybe not chasing Squirrels. Squirrels evil-bad." Then Rex rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Rex bet he get even more Squirrels if he had sword...even one made of ninja-toes."

Rex wagged his tail absently, revelling in the fact his pack was almost all here watching cartoons with him. Human packs were different, he knew that. Humans had many more interests than dogs...maybe he should spend some time participating in their interests...at least the ones where he wouldn't jeopardize their secret identities. So far, only Tom-Abaddon seemed able to spend significant non-combat time with him...but somehow, somewhere Tom-Abaddon had lost his secret identity. It was sad, for Rex noticed the human pack members seemed to value not being recognized, but it benefited Rex. Utu also didn't seem to have a secret identity, but, he mostly read and despite the abilities his be-ne-fac-tor had bestowed on him, K-9 found reading tedious.

He resolved to figure out how to be more social with all of them...especially the Alpha. She was very much, not happy a great deal of the time. That bothered Rex. It bothered him so much, he thought that if it made the Alpha happy, he wouldn't even bite Vezini-Aegis man.

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Horsenhero wrote:"Rex bet he get even more Squirrels if he had sword...even one made of ninja-toes."
Susan looked over at K9, she was really starting to like the guy he was sweet. “Would you be careful with it?” She asked obviously asking about the sword comment, before she shook her head and stood up, “I’ll be right back.”

She left headed downstairs to her room and going in she stared at the trunk that was still unopened at the foot of her bed. Almost like she was scared of it but she eventually shook her head and crouched down in front of it, opening the combination lock after only two tries. She had to bang her shoulder into the lid to get it to open but when it did the trunk was stuffed full of hundreds of different things. Books, equipment, the trunk filled the room with the scent of sweaty leather and gun oil. K9 could probably smell it on the floor above.

She grabbed what she came for and quickly closed and locked the trunk again before she grabbed a small towel from her shelf and headed back upstairs. Going back into the living room held the scabbard in her right hand, in the scabbard was an 18 inch machete, she slid it out of the sheath to show K9 its dull black steal. She wiped the blade clean as it pulled free and the light glinted on the saw back. “I got this in…” She paused as she thought about it, “I have no idea where I got this but I’m pretty sure that it was an Asian country.”

She held up a finger to K9 as she expertly slipped it back in the sheath one handed, “This is yours K9 if you promise me that you won’t chop off your own toes. You can't carry it into the field though, not until you show me that you can use it.”

She offered him the machete handle.

starfoxx70
Zealot
Zealot

Post by starfoxx70 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:33 am

H.P. = 1
Cond. = good

When Birdie asked about the turtles and who trained the Rat, Tom answered with out thinking. “He was a pet and use to mimic his master from his cage. When the Shredder killed his master, Splinter found himself in the sewer. That is when he found the turtles crawling around in some goo. Oh wait you asked who trained him, that would be his former owner.” Tom blushed a little, he didn’t want the rest of the group to label him a geek for know most if not all of the Turtles history, but it was a great cartoon. At least this version was, what they did after the first movie came out or was it before the first movie came out, any ways it made his skin crawl. The Black and white comic books were much better, he thought. He hadn’t heard what Susan or Niner had said, Hell he only realized that she had left when she showed back up with a machete in her hands offer the thing to Niner. He thought to himself I bet Niner is going to need a practice dummy, and the only one that is impervious to the dam blade was him. He looked at his watch it was getting closer to noon. He thought about activating the earwig, but then he just got up and went to Vivian’s desk.

There she was typing away on the computer and answering the phones. He sat down and waited for her to be a little less busy. When that happened he spoke up before the next phone could ring. “Hey cuteness, we got anything on the books for the day. If not I have two business meetings today. One is a lunch thing at some high dollar thing and the other is dinner. I know its not a date but….” swallowing very hard. “Do you have a small black dress, I might need your help on some of the paper work and I promised you a dinner that I would have to wear a suit to. Again if you don’t want to I would understand. It’s not the date that I planned but I wanted to see if you like the restaurant and if you do then we’ll go back to that one for a real date.” He thought to himself, calm down, you have been up against gangsters, mob bosses, other super power people, and this is what scares you. He really had wanted to take her out on a real date, but with is siblings showing up with parents in tow. Getting shown around by his mother and father, and them going on how much the city had changed. Mom pointing out where she had knocked out this guy, or what guy had knocked her through what wall, drove him a little nuts. Put on top of it that he had to open a restaurant, to live up to the cover story that he and his parents had told the rest of the family was taking up to much time. He would have to remember to send Vivian a dozen or so long stem roses, better make it two dozen.

Ri Gou/ Hong Kong Action
Abaddon / Force OPs

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:23 am

Livewire
HP: 1
CND: Fine

It'd been quite some week. She didn't fully realize what she'd gotten herself into when she asked Susan for 'some pointers'. She hadn't expected the late night roof-top crawls through Freedom City, or leaping off buildings ot land on cars. It beat plain old jogging though.

Of course, the electric wonder seemed to be having an easier time of it than Susan, but Eve had powers to help. She could use electro-magnetic static discharge to guide and slow her descent, and the same power to leap pretty impressive distances, an advantage she had over Dovetail. Eve admired Susan though. No powers, but she still handed out the hurt and did all kinds of things Eve would have never even attempted before she got powers from Stratos' glitchy machine.

But of all the things she hated most, it was getting up at a reasonable hour after one of these late night thug-bashings. The first time someone came to get her up early had ended, well, poorly. Shocked, figuratively, from the sudden waking, she'd zapped her waker completely by accident as her electric power escaped her control, through her bed and the floor.

Since then, they'd had rubberized groundings set onto her bed to prevent a repeat performance, as long as no-one touched her to wake her up, if she discharged like that again, it would flow harmlessly into the same building structure feature to disperse lightning.

Dragging herself out of bed at quarter to ten, Eve trudged herself to the shower, flashing a half-hearted wave to whoever she passed. Where Tom's key to de-zombification was his ludicrous-sized coffee, Eve's was a nice hot shower to wake her up. Afterwards, the rookie energy controller of the group heads for the common room, hearing the sounds of cartoons. On impulse, she slows and softens her step, trying to work on some of the stealth technique Susan tried to teach her, seeing if she could sneak up on the costumed sleuth.
Stealth (1d20+6=10) Probably not, hah.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 am

Tom wrote:“Hey cuteness, we got anything on the books for the day. If not I have two business meetings today. One is a lunch thing at some high dollar thing and the other is dinner. I know its not a date but….” swallowing very hard. “Do you have a small black dress, I might need your help on some of the paper work and I promised you a dinner that I would have to wear a suit to. Again if you don’t want to I would understand. It’s not the date that I planned but I wanted to see if you like the restaurant and if you do then we’ll go back to that one for a real date.”

Vivian's ever present smile expands just slightly as Tom approaches her, and as he asks his questions it somehow grows even more. "I'll say one thing for you sweetie, you score points for effort but your timing sucks beyond belief." She says after letting out a sigh that catches the front ends of her bangs. "There is something planned for the day, the meeting with Ethan is in an hour. I was just getting ready to let everyone know so they could get ready. Depending on when you're done and how your feeling though dinner could be managed....." Vivian bites her lower lip momentarily, "...if you're a good boy that is." A playful gleam is clear in her eyes behind her glasses as she gets up from behind her massive desk and starts to make her way to the TV room, her one hand making the "follow me" gesture with one finger at Tom.

As Vivian enters the TV room she giggles at the sight of the majority of the team all sitting down together watching cartoons before clearing her throat to get everyone's attention. "Very Hallmark sweeties, I hate to rain on the parade here but Ethan's got a mission for you today. Meetings in an hour, you guys remeber the routine right?"

-- Chiun

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:17 am

K-9

Condition: Woof HP 1

"K-9 remember Vivian-Dispatch."
He says turning his eyes from his new gift. "If Rex forget, he follow his nose...it always knows."

Turning back to Susan, he wags his tail mightily."K-9 hang this on wall. Saw it in movie. Thank you Alpha...maybe Rex go as Adolescent Evolved Samurai Puppy for trick or treat day. K-9 will use teeth and claws on missions. Rex is simple dog...likes working with his hands."

With that, Rex tosses the remote to Utu and trots off to put his new treasure away.

starfoxx70
Zealot
Zealot

Post by starfoxx70 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:20 am

H.P. = 1
Cond. = good

Right after Vivian had led him back to the TV room and told everyone that they had a meeting in an hour. Tom sneaked a kiss off Vivian, that is to say he gave her the kiss and something about making sure he got done so he could take her to dinner. Then he was off to his bedroom to make a call.

Once there he picked up his cell and called the office of the person that he was going to meet for lunch. Telling the person who he was, he was put on hold. Then someone came back on asking him why he was cancelling. Tom thought to himself who the hell was this guy, but what he did tell them was that he was cancelling for today and if possible to reschedule the meeting for another day. Whoever it was on the other end told him to hold again, after what seemed like several minutes a new person came back on, again asking why he was cancelling the meeting and why it was so important to reschedule. Tom looked at his cell. Then it what was very un-Tom like he told them all to go to a very warm place, Not the Hawaii, and that he would not be calling back and doing any kind of business with them. Then he also told them that he would making a call to his father so that the rest of the Alexander knew what kind of business they ran, and with that he hung up. True to his word the very next call was to his father, and he relayed what had just happened. His father saw it another way but said that he would pass the message on, knowing that if he didn’t that Tom would just call one of his cousins, or uncles.

Tom took a second before making his last call, to actually get in to his suit, he would hold off on putting the mask on. The dam thing was hot, and add the German bandana was just that much hotter, but that was the price to look good. He placed his last call to the flouriest that he had found near the store that he liked. About two blocks actually but again nice family run business. He asked them how much it was for a dozen long stem roses and delivery cost. They told him and he replied that they better make it three dozen then, it was at that second that the owner came on to the phone. He was polite, so Tom was back. He asked the man if it was possible to get them sent today. He went with a bluff, he told him that he worked with a very attractive female and that he had messed up. He needed the flowers to complete the I’m sorry for messing up. He told the man were he would be taking, well at least trying to, her to dinner at.
Yes I rolled a bluff
bluff (1d20+4=23)
Tom gave him the address and told him who he was and that he would be in tomorrow to pay off the tab. The man gave him that the new price and Tom had to repeat his name, then it dawned on the man who Tom was, and some how the price increased again but he was told that it would be rushed to the address in two to three hours. Tom thought that would be perfect, Right in the middle of a fight when they need Viv, she smelling flowers. The thought was funny and it brought a smile to his face. He knew that Vivian would never get side tracked like that but the image still made him laugh. His stomach growled, it was close to lunch.

He had about half an hour, so off to his second home, the kitchen. He looked in the frig for some thing that was quick and easy to make. Finding a large pack of smoked sausages He cut them into halves and placed all of them on a plate. Counting he had eight pieces, he figured about two and half minutes in the microwave. Then he laid out the bread, mustard, and cheese. By the time the sausages were done being cooked, he was ready. One plate in to the dishwasher and grabbing another placing all of his sandwiches on it he munched down. He half expected to see Niner show up and saved one or two of his treat for him. Now he had only about ten minutes be fore the meeting, one last check. Belly full, check, MP player, check, mask and Bandana, check and check, earwig, check, his refill credit cards for after the fight for more food, check. Yep he had everything. Off to the meeting room he went.

Ri Gou/ Hong Kong Action
Abaddon / Force OPs