Anime/manga 3e (Ultros, Raki)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Anime/manga 3e (Ultros, Raki)

Post by Dreaming Psion » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:24 pm

I thought it might be fun to start up a group anima/manga thread like Grahf had in 2e. As part of our thread, we could do some rough conversions of the Mecha and Manga supplement. I'm guessing it's going to be a while before (or even if) Green Ronin gets around to converting it.

Anyway, so feel free to post anime conversions/characters here and I'll add 'em to the index.

Anime/manga character conversions (indexed by series)

Black★Rock Shooter
Black★Rock Shooter by Saltcrow
Dead Master by Saltcrow

Bleach
Bleach character types (pt 1- Hollow, Quincy, Soul Reaper templates)
Bleach character types (pt 2- Bounts, Gikon/Modsouls)
Chad Yasutora
Hachigan Urshoda (by Arthur Eld)
Ichigo Kurosaki
Izuru Kira (by Arthur Eld)
Kaname Tousen (By Arthur Eld)
Kenpatch Zeraki (By Arthur Eld)
Orihime Inoue
Rukia Kuchiki (by Thorpacolypse)
Substitute Soul Reaper (archetype)
Uryu Ishida

Casshern
Casshern (and Friender) by Arthur Eld

Claymore
Raki by Arthur Eld

Cowboy Bebop
Faye Valentine by Arthur Eld
Jet Black by Arthur Eld
Mad Pierott by Arthur Eld
Radical Ed by Arthur Eld
Spike Spiegel by Arthur Eld
Vicious by Arthur Eld
Vincent Volaju by Arthur Eld

Death Note
L by Arthur Eld

Final Fantasy
Ultros

Franken Fran, all conversions by Saltcrow
Gavrill Makaraki
Madaraki Fran
Sentinels I and II
Veronica Makaraki

Full Metal Alchemist
Ling Yao by Arthur Eld
Lust by Arthur Eld
Sloth by Arthur Eld
Wandering Alchemist (archetype)

Pokemon (all builds done by Saltcrow so far)
Charizard
Dragonite
Eevee
Espeon
Flareon (scroll down)
Glaceon
Jaro'da (scroll down)
Jolteon
Leafeon (scroll down)
Pikachu by Tyrant Lizard King
Togekissi
Tsutaaja
Vaporeon
Umbreon (scroll down)

Samurai Champloo
Fuu (and Momo)
Jin
Mugen

Sword of the Stranger
Luo-Lang by Angry Police Chief

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun all builds so far by Saltcrow
Mikoto Misaka
Kuroko Shirai

Game adaptations (original archetypes and pnp game conversions)

Archetypes (original)
Angsty Mech Prodigy
Pervert Sage and stances
Pet Monster Trainer
Sentai Action Ranger

Green Ronin's Mecha and Manga

Advantages and Powers

NPC Archetypes:
Dark Swordsman (NPC)
Ghost in the Machine
Invader Entity
Jealous School Girl
Kaiju
Megacorp CEO
Supporting Cast archetypes

PC Archetypes
Child Assassin by Arthur Eld
Circumstantial Idiot
Cool Sempai
ESPer
Exiled Deity
Exorcist
Future Warrior
Idol
Magical Girl
Modern Sorcerer
Priest
Student
Techie
Troubleshooter by Arthur Eld
Warrior
Last edited by Dreaming Psion on Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 57 times in total.
Check out the anime/manga 3e thread
My new Oddballs reborn thread

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Anime/manga 3e conversions

Post by Dreaming Psion » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:33 pm

Mecha and Manga feats/abilities (work in progress)

Here's where I'll keep a tab of converted feats and powers and how derived them from the Mecha and Manga Book

Feats to Advantages:
Attack Flurry- This can simply be converted as an advantage form of an alternate power feat with the Multiattack extra and a flaw to balance it out [there is no full-round action anymore). The most obvious replacement here would seem to be Distracting. Since there is no +2 pp/rank or +3 pp/rank versions of the Multiattack extra (the 3e equivalent of autofire), there should not be any further ranks of this feat beyond a single one.
Low Profile Benefit (Cipher) has the same function and should replace this feat. If you allow Online Research, this should also apply to Computers in a similar fashion as it does to Investigation.
Mechanical Genius: This functions as in the book, but it grants a +4 bonus to Technology rolls related to the Craft or Disable Device functions of the Technology skill.
-->Enhanced Skills 2 (Technology +4, flaws: limited to crafting/disabling items of the specified technology)
Online Research: Computers is replaced by the Technology Skill and substitutes it for the Gather Information function of Investigation.
Slap Silly: This feat can be reconstructed using Affliction at 1 pp/rank. However, Dazed in 3e lets the target use a single move or standard action per round, but the entranced condition can serve as a replacement. Obvious threats to the grabber can of course knock out the Entranced condition, but the presence of threats will not make a difference if the grabber fails by 5 or more. To use this being grappled at range, it's a +1 extra so it takes 2 applications of this feat for every one rank in the base Affliction power.
--> Affliction, inflicts entranced/stunned, Resisted by Fortitude, extras: Reaction +3 (to be touched), flaws: Instant Recovery -1, limited to two degrees -1, limited to be grab attacks -1
Up the Wall This feat substitutes the Acrobatics skill for the Athletics skill for the Climb function.

Anime Powers:

Flash Step: This can be duplicated with three ranks of Teleport plus the Turnabout feat (7 points total. Note that in 3e mechanics, this will let you travel a total distance of 250 feet (as opposed to two jaunts of up to 100 feet each).
Last edited by Dreaming Psion on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:39 am, edited 10 times in total.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

A venomous snake.

Post by Arthur Eld » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:04 pm

I like this idea. So here's Vicious, from Cowboy Bebop.

Angels that are forced from heaven have to become demons. Isn't that right, Spike?

Vicious
PL 7 105

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Advantages
Benefit (Red Dragon Status), Close Attack 2, Equipment 3, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Luck, Minions 5 (10 30 point Minions), Move-By Action, Quick Draw, Startle, Takedown, Tough

Equipment
Katana, 11 ep unspent

Skills
Athletics 4 (+7), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise (criminal) 6 (+7), Expertise (streetwise) 6 (+7), Expertise (tactics) 2 (+3), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 5 (+6), Ranged Combat (pistols) 4 (+7), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 3 (+4), Vehicles 4 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +7
Katana +8 Damage 6

Defense
Dodge 9 6 Parry 9 3
Toughness 5, Fortitude 6 2, Will 4 3

Abilities 46+Advantages 19+Skills 26+Defense 14=105

•Vicious is a mid-level gang enforcer with an almost Nietzschian outlook on life. He also is one of the better done villains that is basically the hero, but bad. Considering that Spike ain't exactly a knight in shining armor, this means Vicious has little to no in the way of morals, but isn't exactly cruel, either-he's deadly, but not sadistic. He doesn't exactly enjoy killing people, but he doesn't really not enjoy it either-its just a means to an end for him. As with a lot of villains, his build needs a bit of filling in (you can easily alter his minions for fewer, tougher ones, for example-maybe his crow?, and he has more points for equipment, guns, vehicles, whatever). Also, despite Cowboy Bebop's future setting, he could fit into a modern game, too, with basically no changes.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Oooo, I'm in! Give me a little bit! Thanks for reviving this for 3E, Psion! :mrgreen:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Circumstantial Idiot
PL: 7 (105 points)

Abilities: Str 0, Sta 4, Agi 0 , Dex 0, Fgt 1, Int 0, Awa -1, Pre 0

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+8), Deception 8 (+8, Redirect), Expertise (survival) 10 (+10), Insight 10 (+9), Sleight of Hand 12 (+12), Stealth 8 (+8),
56 ranks

Advantages:

Evasion 2, Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Instant Up, Luck 3, Redirect, Uncanny Dodge

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +1 close; DC 15
Defend +12

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 7, Fort +11, Toughness +5, Will +3

Powers:
Fools Fortune; 38 p total
Enhanced Parry 6 (arm raised in panic)
Immortality 5 (quirk: cannot resurrect when people are watching, -1 p)
Luck Control 2 (negate reroll, force others to reroll)
Movement 4 (safe fall, slithering, permeate [leave narratively dramatic hole in
the wall that closes before it’s actually useful, unreliable])
Protection 1
Regeneration 10 (one condition every round)

Abilities 8 + Skills 28 + Advantages 12 + Defenses 20 + Powers 38 = 105

Complications:
Curse/Accident: You act as if using Interpose, but it’s used to your detriment (i.e, you soak others’ attacks against your will!)
Power loss: Cannot resurrect while anybody is watching

Notes: A conversion of an archetype from Mecha and Manga, the unlikely Circumstantial Idiot hero. The major thing here was that new PL guidelines somewhat threw the build out of whack. In 2e, the Idiot had a +12 reflex, which is now combined with dodge into figuring out PL. Similarly, the Fort and Will saves had to be brought down slightly.

The resurrection part of regeneration is now Immortality (about 5 ranks to get to a one day resurrection). I have made its negation by people watching a complication. Same with the unwilling Interpose cure.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Child Assassin
PL 7 105

Abilities

Strength -1, Stamina 0, Agility 2, Dexterity 3, Fighting 2, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages Benefit (Rank), Defensive Roll 4, Daze (Deception), Equipment 6, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Rifle), Improved Initiative, Precise Attack (Ranged, cover), Second Chance (Stealth checks to hide), Ranged Attack 4

Equipment Light Pistol, cell phone, disguise kit, PDA, Assassin's Rifle (Blast 5, Penetrating, Improved Range, Subtle, Feature-Concealable, 20 ep)

Skills: Deception 11 (+13), Expertise (assassin) 8 (+10), Expertise (streetwise) 7 (+9), Insight 4 (+6), Investigation 7 (+8), Perception 10 (+12), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat (Rifle) 2 (+9), Sleight of Hand 11 (+14), Stealth 12 (+14)

Offense
Initiative +6
Assassin's Rifle +9 Damage 5
Light Pistol +7 Damage 3

Defense
Dodge 10 (8), Parry 8 (6)
Toughness 4/0, Fortitude 4 (4), Will 7 (5)

Abilities 22+Advantages 22+Skills 38+Defense 23=105

Complications:
Low Damage Threshold The character suffers a -1 circumstance penalty to all checks per damage condition.

•Ok, so this archetype conversion was kind of difficult. First drafts had the Child Assassin way over cost. I took a good long look at the 2E at what I thought was essential about the character. For one thing, calling the character a PL 7 was kind of hard to. A 6.5 with the best attack, and a 4.5 on Defense. The build had some typos too.

So I changed some things. I turned the rifle from a power to Equipment, albeit tricked-out equipment, tweaked the ability scores slightly (the condensing of Reflex and certain skills meant that Agility didn't need to a be a 4 where Dexterity was an 18 in 2E) and here's the finished work. Meets caps with the Rifle, under-caps on Defense for Parry, but meets them on Dodge (my nod to the high Reflex score the 2E version had). Turned Kawaii to Daze, and other than that, I think everything works out mostly the same.
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Student (Mecha and Manga)
PL: 4 (60 points)

Abilities: Str 0, Sta 1, Agi 0, Dex 0, Fgt 3, Int 1, Awa 0, Pre 1

Skills: Athletics 2 (+2), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise (distribute 6 ranks in various specialties), Investigation 5 (+6), Perception 6 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+5), Stealth 4 (+4), Technology 5 (+6), Vehicles 4 (+4)
40 Ranks

Advantages:
Beginner’s Luck, Benefit (Cipher), Contacts, Equipment, Fake Expert* (pick 2 applicable skills), Favored Environment (urban), Improved Defense, Ranged Combat 2, Teamwork, Well-Informed
*from Mecha and Manga

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +3, DC 15

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 5, Fort +4, Toughness +1, Will +4

Powers
Feature 1 (quick change); 1 p
See Things Not of the Ordinary
Senses 3 (detect things out of the ordinary, ranged, acute); 3p

Equipment: Bicycle (Str 1, Speed 1, Toughness 5), Cell phone, assorted useful magazines that allow +2 bonus on expertise skills to answer questions, schoolbag

Abilities 12 + Skills 20 + Advantages 11 + Defenses 13 + Powers 4 = 60

Notes: Another archetype from Mecha and Manga. There was just a few adjustments to feats and skills as well as updating the student for the new PL and combat rules.

On feats and skills, I figure Fake Expert could just be used as is as an Advantage, possibly making it a Benefit. Low Profile is functionally similar to Cipher, so I figure it’s a good replacement. And of course Expertise has replaced Knowledge. I dropped one rank in Favored Environment- it’s not ranked anymore. Academic buildings probably count as urban anyway. Finally, there is no more Elusive Target in 3e, so I just dropped it.
Last edited by Dreaming Psion on Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:35 pm

Nice stuff, Psion! One thing, though, under Fake Expert, it says to pick two skills it applies for, something the Student Archetype doesn't actually have on his build.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:05 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Nice stuff, Psion! One thing, though, under Fake Expert, it says to pick two skills it applies for, something the Student Archetype doesn't actually have on his build.
Thanks, forgot about that. I'll just let the user choose 2 skills and have noted it in the writeup.

Btw, Your child assassin looks good. I agree that making the rifle equipment is justified, especially with what they did for Joker and Green Arrow in DCA. If you wanted to replicate Sneak Attack, you could probably just do a Enhanced Blast (limited to vulnerable or unaware targets) or simply the Power Attack feat. Your initiative modifier should be 6 (+2 dex, +4 Improved Init). Combat bonus with the pistol should be +7 (3 dex, 4 ranks in ranged attack)

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Yeah, you're right-the build went through a lot of changes, so those numbers aren't quite caught up with the final values. I figures since Power Attack can be used for +2/-2 without the Feat, and Sneak Attack was +2, it doesn't need to be addressed. Seeing as how she's going to be sniping unaware targets more than not with that crazy high Stealth, she can afford the drop in accuracy.

I like how you have Vicious called Sid in the index, that's funny.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Yeah, you're right-the build went through a lot of changes, so those numbers aren't quite caught up with the final values. I figures since Power Attack can be used for +2/-2 without the Feat, and Sneak Attack was +2, it doesn't need to be addressed. Seeing as how she's going to be sniping unaware targets more than not with that crazy high Stealth, she can afford the drop in accuracy.

I like how you have Vicious called Sid in the index, that's funny.
Whoops, I must have misread that!

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Priest (from Mecha and Manga)
PL: 8 (120 points)

Abilities: Str 1, Sta 3, Agi 0, Dex 0, Fgt 4, Int 1, Awa 3, Pre 2

Skills: Close Combat (staff) 1 (+5), Expertise (arcane lore) 11 (+12), Expertise (architecture?) 5 (+6), Expertise (theology and philosophy) 7 (+8), Insight 9 (+12), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+7), Treatment 5 (+8)
48 ranks

Advantages:
Defensive Roll 4, Equipment, Inspire 3, Leadership, Luck 3, Power Proxy*, Ranged Combat 8, Ritualist, Teamwork
*From Mecha and Manga

Offense
Initiative +0
Nullify +8 ranged; +8 opposed check
Affliction perception area, Will save DC 18
staff +5 close, DC 18

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 5, Fort 7, Toughness 8 (4 vulnerable), Will 9

Powers: Priestly powers; 27 p
Nullify 8 (extras: broad, simultaneous- all supernatural powers simultaneously)
:arrow: Deflect 8 (extras: reflect, redirect)
:arrow: Healing 8 (extras: Restoration)
:arrow: Affliction 8 (dazed/compelled/controlled; resisted by Will; extras: Perception range, area- burst, flaws: limited [affects only chosen creature type), quirk [effect centered on priest]- Expel

Equipment: staff (damage 2, bludgeoning, 2 ep), heavy robes (+1 toughness), pick 2 other ep

Complications: Power loss: Must keep in good graces with religious allegiance or lose all powers.

Abilities 28 + Skills 24 + Advantages 23 + Defenses 18 + Powers 27 = 120

Notes: So here’s my take on the priest. Unlike the student or the Circumstantial Idiot, this was more of a rewrite, collapsing all the priestly magic into a single array. I’ve also tweaked this guy to more closely meet his caps. Certainly, he won’t go near any frontline combat anytime soon if he can help it.

Also, since the picture had a guy using a stuff, I figured that the archetype should have one too. I’m unsure about where Craft (structural) would go, since Technology doesn’t seem to fit here. Maybe Expertise on Architecture?

Also unsure about how to translate Power Proxy, maybe a Feature that requires a standard action from both the priest and the force user he’s proxying for?

You could work the Expel in a couple of ways. I took a perception range affliction that forces the chosen creature type out when they become compelled or controlled. Another way to do this might be a Move Object limited to Repulsion of the chosen creature type and substitute an opposed Will save for a Grapple check.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:10 pm

Warrior (Mecha and Manga)
PL: 10 (150 points)

Abilities: Str 2, Sta 4, Agi 3, Dex 3, Fgt 10, Int 1, Awa 1, Pre -1

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Expertise (streetwise) 5 (+6), Insight 7 (+8, Assessment), Intimidation 8 (+7), Perception 8 (+9), Ranged combat (pistol) 7 (+10), Sleight of Hand 5 (+8), Vehicles 4 (+7)
50 ranks

Advantages: All-out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (ambidexterity), Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 5, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative 3, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (pick one), Quick Draw, Startle, Sword Flurry*, Takedown 2, Up the Wall*, Weapon Bind
*From Mecha and Manga

Equipment: Heavy pistol (ranged damage 4), reinforced leather trenchcoat (Toughness +3, subtle), motorcycle; choose 3 other ep of gear

Offense
Initiative +15
Bonecrusher +10 close, DC 25
Heavy pistol +10 ranged, DC 19

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fort 10, Toughness 10 (7 vulnerable), Will 10

Powers
Bonecrusher sword (easily removable -4 p); 6 p
-Affliction 9 (vulnerable/prone, resisted by Dex, limited to one degree linked to move
Object 8 (flaws: touch range, limited to sending them away from warrior)
:arrow: Strike 8 [str based, Improved Crit]

Movement abilities; 7 p
--Leaping 2
--Teleport 2 (change direction)

Sword training (quirk: requires sword -2 p); 18 p
--Deflect 10 (extras: reflection)

Abilities 46 + Skills 25 + Advantages 26 + Defenses 22 + Powers 31 = 150 points

Notes: This warrior is not the same archetype from the core DCA rules. This is more of the BFS type you typically see in anime. Feel free to substitute any name for the bonecrusher.

As far as changes to feats and skills, this build is primarily a melee warrior, so I see the heavy pistol primarily as a backup (so just putting skill ranks in the pistol skill rather than more ranks in Dex or the ranged attack skill). Redirect has been dropped since there was no Bluff skill on the original build. The new Deflect (see my description below) can better reflect the redirect aspect anyway. As for Up the Walls and Sword Flurry, check my notes on feats above. The rest is of the skills and feats have been more or less translated into their 3e equivalents.

As for the Deflect, the action modifier cannot be applied to this power anymore. However, I have given it an extra of Reflection to replace the dropped Redirect feat.

One last change I made was to max out the Fort and Ref defenses to match the archetypes in the core book.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Techie (from Mecha and Manga)
PL: 8 (120 points)

Abilities: Str 1, Sta 2 , Agi 0, Dex 2, Fgt 2, Int 4, Awa 1, Pre -1

Skills: Close or ranged combat (pick as applies to device) 2 (+4), Expertise (science) 8 (+12), Investigation 8 (+12), Sleight of Hand 5 (+7), Technology 13 (+17), Vehicles 8 (+10)
44 ranks

Advantages:
Eidetic Memory, Equipment 3, Evasion 2, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Luck, Mechanical Genius* (choose one technology type), Sidekick 5 (artificial servant worth 25 points), Skill Mastery (technology); Also choose 5 more advantages. Obvious choices are more ranks of Sidekick and Equipment.
*From Mecha and Manga

Equipment: 15 equipment points worth of items.

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +2 close, DC 14 tou
Device varies

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fort +8, Toughness +2, Will +8,

Powers
Device (removable -8 p); 32 p
--Pick 40 points in traits

Sharp Mind; 4 p
--Quickness 4

Abilities 22 + Skills 22 + Advantages 21 + Defenses 19 + Powers 36 = 120

Notes: Out of all the conversions I’ve built so far, I think the technie has benefited the most point wise. Her skill selection was so technologically focused she actually saved a few points. I also had to lower her Fort and Will saves to match the new 3e PL restrictions. I dropped the Mental Shield since Impervious has gotten such a work over in 3e (5 ranks could only block level 3 Mental effects).

So I had a few points left over. I gave the techie another 4 points in her removable device, and 2 ranks in her Sidekick (enough to buy a normal robot, if you so choose). You have five more free points to spend. I defaulted to leaving these to advantages chosen by the player (as mentioned above). However, feel free to spend them as you wish.

Note that for a magical techie, you’ll need to substitute Artificer for Inventor and Expertise (magic) for Technology. Optionally, you may want to substitute technology for Expertise (science) if you still want your magical Technie to use computers.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:03 pm

ESPer (Mecha and Manga)
PL: 10 (150 points)

Abilities: Str -1, Sta 0, Agi 1, Dex 1, Fgt 5, Int 1, Awa 2, Pre 3

Skills: Close combat (mental weapon) 8 (+13), Deception 6 (+9), Intimidation 12 (+15, Distract, Startle), Insight 6 (+8), Investigation 5 (+6), Perception 10 (+12), Persuasion 7 (+10)
54 ranks

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Beginner’s Luck, Deep Ties* (pick one for your story), Defensive Roll 2, Distract (Intimidate), Fearless, Startle
*From Mecha and Manga

Offense
Initiative +1
Mental weapon +13 close, DC 22 will
Damaging TK +9 ranged, DC 23 tou
TK lances +9 ranged, DC 26 tou
TK trip line area, DC 20 ref

Defense
Dodge 5 (10 w/ TK shield), Parry 5 (10 w/ TK Shield, Fort 7, Toughness 10 (+8 vulnerable), Will 12

Powers
Flight 3; 6 p
Force-field 8 (telekinetic); 8 p

ESP; 7 p
Remote Viewing 3 (sight, extras: subtle); 7 p

Mental Weapon; 14 p
Damage 7 (Alternate save- will); 14 p

Telekinetic powers (array); 35 p total
Base power: Move Object 9 (damaging, accurate 4); 31 p
Blast 11 (accurate 4, indirect 2, split attack, subtle); 1 p- TK Lance
Enhanced Dodge/Parry 5 (TK, affects others +1, burst area +1); 1 p- TK Shield
Move Object 10 (perception range); 1p
Affliction 10 (impaired/prone, Resisted by Dodge, extras: line area, ranged, flaws limited to two degrees); 1 p- TK Trip

Abilities 24 + Skills 27 + Advantages 8 + Defenses 21 + Powers 70 = 150

Notes: The ESPer is another one of those you really have to just do some juggling with me to get him up to a 3e PC. Lowered down the exotic saves and boosted up the normal defenses. I regret that I had to sacrifice some base attack abilities to get the ESPer on an even footing offensively and defensively. Any power stunts are going to need to take the accurate modifier again.

The original ESPer build had this strange telekinetic array of powers, none of which met their caps. One of the gimmicks that I carried over from the original build is the character’s reliance on a sort of area telekinetic shield (as per the 2e Shield power with the above modifiers plus the area progression feat.) Sadly you can’t increase the area in 3e w/o multiplying the area extra cost by a factor of at least two. So the ESPer is limited to a burst area of 30 feet around him for extending his Enhanced Parry and Dodge. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing considering his TK shield area is not Selective.

The only other thing I dropped was the 4 ranks of Fearsome Presence, which has no direct equivalent in 3e. 4 ranks at PL 10 is usually not that effective anyway.