Anime/manga 3e (Ultros, Raki)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
cassius335
Champion
Champion

Re: Anime/manga 3e (Samurai Champloo- Mugen, Jin, Fuu)

Post by cassius335 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:05 am

Saltcrow wrote:-I don't think I'll be touching the unevolved forms of Charizard. It would only require changing the immunities around and perhaps reducing its physical ability scores, but nothing much.
Pity; I was looking forward to seeing the progression. What PL's would you use for Charmander/Charmeleon, at least?

EDIT: Hang on... "Cose Combat: Moveset Array"? What about Flamethrower (which is Ranged Damage)?

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Murkglow » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:54 pm

It doesn't get the Close Combat boost (He already has 4 Ranged Attack Advantages that get Flamethrower up to its PL cap).

I suppose he could have just said Close Combat: Slash but making it the whole array covers if the character wants to add another melee attack.

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Saltcrow » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Murkglow wrote:It doesn't get the Close Combat boost (He already has 4 Ranged Attack Advantages that get Flamethrower up to its PL cap).

I suppose he could have just said Close Combat: Slash but making it the whole array covers if the character wants to add another melee attack.
That's correct. One could easily rename Slash to Dragon Claw/Wing Attack etc to enjoy different type coverage too, should one wish to do so.

Also, I'd recommend PL 4 for Charmander and 5 for Charmeleon.

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Saltcrow » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Espeonエーフィ; PL 6- Pokemon series

Abilities
Str -2/Sta 2/Agi 2/Dex 2/Fgt 2/Int -3/Awe 2/Pre -1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Powers
Moveset Array: 18-points array- [21pp]
  • •"psychic" ranged damage 6 linked ranged affliction 6 (vulnerable), limited to one degree
    •"swift" perception range damage 3, burst area, selective- 1pp
    •"future sight" ranged damage 6, triggered [2 rounds later]- 1pp
    •"morning sun" healing 12, limited to Sunny environment 6- 1pp
Natural Size: shrinking 4 (innate, permanent), movement 1 (slithering), protection 1- 8pp
Psychic type traits: immunity 10 (fighting, psychic type moves; half effect)- 5pp
Synchronise: immunity 5 (status effects), redirect, limited to redirect- 5pp
Skills: acrobatics 4 (+6), expertise: survival 4 (+6), perception 4 (+6), stealth 2 (+8)
Advantages: all-out attack, defensive roll, improved initiative 2, power attack, ranged attack 4
Defences
Tough +4/+3*, Fort +4, Will +8
Dodge +8; Parry +8; Initiative +10
Offence
Atk +6 psychic, ranged, damage 6
Complications
disability: as a pokemon, Espeon has a very limited vocabulary and may have trouble understanding human languages. Espeon also lacks the manual dexterity for fine manipulation.
power loss: Psychic type moves do not work against Dark type pokemons.
weakness: psychic type: as a psychic type pokemon, Espeon takes an extra degree of damage from Bug, Ghost and Dark type moves.
Total abilties 12 + powers 39 + skills 7 + advantages 9 + defences 20 = 87pp

Design Notes:
-Espeon, the Sun Pokemon, isn't so different from Jolteon. Actually, the only differences are its type, really. Shift around its SpA and Spe, you've got Jolteon. But I didn't want to do a copy-and-paste version of Jolteon either. What I've done is that I've changed the skeleton of the moveset so that it may represent the "trickiness" of psychic type better.
For example, Psychic may render its target Vulnerable, enabling Espeon to power attack for better damage.

-I considered making some moves of Psychic type resisted by Will; but there were pokemons that were bulky (high Fortitude) but had high Special defence at the same time, like Snorlax. Since I wasn't going to use resisted by Fortitude on Fighting type attacks, I thought against it eventually.

-with a similar reasoning, Psychic is not a perception-range attack because it can still be affected by changes in accuracy/evasion.

-its partial limitation on Morning Sun means that without the sun, it only functions at 6 ranks maximum, working its way up to whoopin' 12 ranks under the sun.

-on Synchronise: Limited to redirect means that Espeon and Umbreon still take the (ab)normal status effect, but it will be reflected back on the attacker none the same. It is not a 10-point immunity because it cannot reflect any other conditions such as stat-lowering effects.

Update 10/10/10: 5th-generation Dream World ability of Espeon is called Magic Mirror: immunity 5 (stat-altering effect), redirect, limited to redirect- 5pp. Easy.

Umbreonブラッキー; PL 6- Pokemon series

Abilities
Str -2/Sta 4/Agi 2/Dex 2/Fgt 2/Int -3/Awe 2/Pre -1
Powers
Dark type traits: immunity 10 (ghost and dark type damage; half-effect)- 5pp
Moveset Array: 18-points array- [21pp]
  • •"Dark Pulse" ranged damage 6 linked ranged affliction 6 (dazed/stunned), instant recovery, limited degrees
    •"Faint Attack" perception range damage 4, quirk [makes contact; -2pp]- 1pp
    •"Confuse Ray" ranged affliction 6 (dazed, hindered and impaired), extra condition x2, limited to one degree- 1pp
    •"Moonlight" healing 12, limited to nighttime 6- 1pp
Natural Size: shrinking 4 (innate, permanent), movement 1 (slithering)- 8pp
Synchronise: immunity 5 (status effects), redirect, limited to redirect- 5pp
Tough Hide: protection 4, impervious toughness 8- 12pp
Skills: athletics 4 (+2), expertise: survival 4 (+6), perception 4 (+6), stealth 4 (+10)
Advantages: defensive attack, great endurance, ranged attack 4
Defences
Tough +8 [impervious 8], Fort +6, Will +6
Dodge +4; Parry +4; Initiative +2
Offence
Atk +6 dark pulse, ranged, damage 6 plus Fort DC 16
Complications
disability: as a pokemon, Umbreon has a very limited vocabulary and may have trouble understanding human languages. Umbreon also lacks the manual dexterity for fine manipulation.
weakness: dark type: as a dark type pokemon, Umbreon takes an extra degree of damage from Fighting and Bug type moves.
Total abilties 16 + powers 48 + skills 8 + advantages 6 + defences 10 = 88pp

Design Notes
-Umbreon, the Moonlight Pokemon. Although it may lack the intellect to brew up a good spirit, it doesn't mean she's a pushover. Nothing could be further from the truth when you look at its higher-than-average defensive base stats!

-I highly recommend you adding a Withstand Damage advantage. It's a combat manoeuvre that allows one to trade Dodge and Parry for higher Toughness (from Mecha & Manga 2e). I did not use it because it wasn't included in DCA and I felt obliged to stick to the official 3e rules for the time being.

-in the 5th Generation Dream World, Umbreon may appear with a different ability- Inner Focus. It's a simple 1-point immunity to Flinching descriptor (Dazed/Stunned, instant recovery).

-Confused status effect is an amalgamation of Dazed, Hindered and Impaired conditions. It's hugely inconvenient but not devastatingly so. I've deliberately removed "50% chance to deal damage to itself" because in M&M it's far too great a penalty to impose.

Update 10/10/10:
-Just changed the supposed point value for Inner Focus- it should be a 1-point immunity to Flinching, just like it costs only 1 point to be immune to Poisoned status.
-Also added Quirk [makes contact; -2pp] to its Faint Attack move. It's an amalgamation of reverse Subtle extra (in that even if it's a perception-ranged effect, the defender will know what hit them) and a flat flaw to show that it will trigger anything that's contact-based (energy aura etc).
Last edited by Saltcrow on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Saltcrow » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Togekissトゲキッス; PL 6- Pokemon series

Abilities
Str 0/Sta 3/Agi 2/Dex 2/Fgt 2/Int -3/Awe 2/Pre -1
Powers
Dual type traits [normal/flying]: immunity 10 (bug, grass type damage; half-effect)- 5pp
Moveset Array: 15-points array- [18pp]
  • •"air slash" ranged damage 6 linked ranged affliction 6 (dazed/stunned), instant recovery, limited degrees
    •"aura sphere" perception range damage 4- 1pp
    •"roost" healing 10, limited to self, quirk [loses Flying type; -1pp]- 1pp
    •"extremespeed" strength-based damage 8; enhanced winged flight 4, move-by action- 1pp
Natural Flyer: winged flight 4 (30MPH)- 4pp
Serene Grace: enhanced Moveset Array 2 [doubles the Ranged Affliction linked power in its air slash/sky attack moves]- 2pp
Skills: acrobatics 4 (+6), close combat: moveset 2 (+4), expertise: survival 2 (+4), perception 4 (+6), stealth 2 (+4)
Advantages: defensive roll 3, improved initiative, ranged attack 4
Defences
Tough +6/+3*, Fort +6, Will +6
Dodge +6; Parry +6; Initiative +6
Offence
Atk +6 Air Slash, ranged, damage 6 plus Fort DC 16
Atk +4 extremespeed, close, damage 8
Complications
disability: as a pokemon, Togekiss has a very limited vocabulary and may have trouble understanding human languages. Togekiss' wings are not made for fine manipulation either.
weakness: normal/flying type: as a normal/flying type pokemon, Togekiss takes an extra degree of damage from Electric, Ice and Rock type moves.
Total abilties 14 + powers 29 + skills 7 + advantages 8 + defences 15 = 73pp

Design Notes:
-this is Togekiss, the Jubilee pokemon. I have to admit, this is one of my favourite pokemons ever since I laid my eyes on my first Togepi.

-during the round in which Togekiss uses Extremespeed, its movement speed can effectively increase over 10-fold. Now that's extreme. In an open space, opponents will find it quite difficult to keep up with a move-by Extremespeed going 1 mile per round.

-the differences between Close/Ranged Attack advantages and Close/Ranged Combat skills is that advantage indicates a natural leaning toward one aspect over another. For example a Charizard with its signature fire breath has Ranged Attack covering its attacks with Close Combat skill that covers any close-range attacks it may use. It's simply a way of differentiating things so feel free to just stick with one way or another.

-thanks to its simplicity, you have 17 points floating around ready to be used. Use it as you will to add an extra or two unto your moveset array, add more skill ranks etc.

Update 22/09/10: fixed Sky Attack. Previously it had an Unreliable flaw [must be charged beforehand] applied to it but it just had nothing else to compensate for it. It even had the same type descriptor as Air Slash! So now it's more of a powered-up version of Air Slash now, requiring a move action to "power up" before firing it. It's sorta like Power Attack advantage, except it ain't. Maybe I'll look into the build a bit more and swap it out with a Thunderwave or something, but right now I'm too busy with my studies. Of Pokemons of course.

Update 10/10/10: got rid of Sky Attack and added Roost. It's a self Healing effect but it also loses its Immunities and Weaknesses during the round it is used (until the start of its next turn, in M&M terms). Replace its Weakness to an extra degree of damage from Fighting attacks, then you'll be fine. I deliberately excluded associated Complication (becomes susceptible to Ground effects) because having a complication under the player's control ain't my thing.

Notice: my copy of Pokemon White got delivered while I was finishing off this build. I'll still drop by every now and then to take requests and complete the Eevolutions however.
It's just made of pure awesomeness if you ask me.
Last edited by Saltcrow on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Murkglow » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:53 am

Oooo I know which one I want to request. Milotic! Of course I know you're occupied now but that's one I'd like to see sometime. Perhaps a Surf/Icebeam/Hypnosis/Recover set (probably easier to build then the Rest + Sleep Talk set I normally use would be). Her Marvel Scale isn't likely to do much (maybe just adding Impervious toughness) but still being based of status it would be interesting to see how you work it.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Anime/manga 3e (Saltcrow's Pokemon)

Post by Dreaming Psion » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Somebody had requested stats for a pet monster trainer, so here's my stab at it.

Pet Monster Trainer
PL: 6 (90 points)

Abilities: Str 0, Sta 2, Agi 0, Dex 0, Fgt 0, Int 0, Awa 1, Pre 2

Skills: Expertise (monster trainer, use Pre) 8 (+10), Expertise (tactics) 3 (+3), Insight 6 (+7), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+6) Stealth 5 (+5)
30 ranks

Advantages:
Animal Empathy, Assessment, Defensive Roll 3, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Skill Mastery (monster trainer)

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed +0; DC 15

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 5, Fort 3, Toughness 5 (+2 flat-footed), Will 5

Powers
Deck O’ Monsters (removable –8 p); 36 p
Summon Pet Monster 4 (pick 4 60 point monsters; extras: continuous +1 p/rank, heroic +2 p/rank, Multiple minions +4 p/rank, variable type [broad- pet monsters] +2 p/rank; total 11 p/rank); 44 p total

Abilities 12 + Skills 15 + Advantages 10 + Defenses + 17 + Powers 36 = 90 p

Notes: Here’s my take on a basic rookie monster trainer (not the one in Mecha and Manga). The build’s got moderate interaction and monster reading skills (Assessment and Animal [monster] Empathy plus ranks in Insight and Monster handling). The usual monster trainer/summoner has a device type method of calling her monsters, whether it be magical cards or technological devices. This build can summon up to 4 60 point monsters at once (I consider pet monsters to be a broad type).

Your average monster trainer, at least starting out, has minimal combat skills himself. This one has some minimal defensive capabilities but no real offensive capabilities. There also is no Inspire here- you can add that as the trainer gains experience and bonds with the monster (ie, gets more power points).

This build may reflect an average rookie NPC you might run into more than a completely green monster trainer who just got his first monsters. If you’d rather have a brilliant young hot shot who JUST started and has but a single monster, you can replace the device with 18 ranks of the Sidekick feat (for a 90 point, more dependable monster who’s always at the trainer’s side). And then put the other 18 points into the trainer’s own traits, perhaps saving some points for later summoned monsters.
Check out the anime/manga 3e thread
My new Oddballs reborn thread

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Saltcrow » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Miloticミロカロス; PL 6- Pokemon series

Abilities
Str 2/Sta 4/Agi 3/Dex 0/Fgt 1/Int -3/Awe 2/Pre -1
Powers
Marvel Scale: impervious toughness 8, limited to Physical, limited to while under abnormal condition- 3pp
Moveset Array: 12-points array- [15pp]
  • •"Surf" burst area damage 6
    •"Ice Beam" ranged damage 6- 1pp
    •"Recover" healing 10 limited to self- 1pp
    •"Hypnosis" ranged affliction 6 (dazed/stunned), limited degrees- 1pp
Natural traits: growth 2 (Str/Sta +2, Defences -1; innate), elongation 1 (innate), protection 4- 11pp
Water type traits: immunity 1 (drowning), immunity 20 (fire, ice, steel and water type damages; half effect), swimming 4- 15pp
Skills: athletics 3 (+5), insight 4 (+6), perception 4 (+6), persuasion 5 (+4)
Advantages: fascinate (persuasion), ranged attack 4
Defences
Tough +8, Fort +6, Will +6
Dodge +4; Parry +4; Initiative +3
Offence
Atk Surf, burst area (Dodge DC 16), damage 6
Atk +4 Ice Beam, ranged, damage 6
Atk +4 Hypnosis, ranged, Will DC 16
Complications
disability: as a pokemon, Milotic has a very limited vocabulary and may have trouble understanding human languages. Milotic lacks the digits or extremeties for fine manipulation.
weakness: water type: as a water type pokemon, Milotic takes an extra degree of damage from Electric and Grass type moves.
Total abilties 8 + powers 44 + skills 8 + advantages 5 + defences 12 = 77pp

Design Notes:
-Milotic, the Tender Pokemon. It is said that it has a limited empathetic ability that can calm their enemies. In addition to its Hypnosis, I've added a few ranks of Persuasion to show this ability. Fascinate (Persuasion) advantage was also used to reinforce the fact that it is known as the "Beauty Pokemon".

-following the same logic, Milotic is one of the very few pokemons that has ranks in the Insight skill.

-on Marvel Scale: in my proto-build, I had it as Limited while under abnormal status effect only. However, in M&M, it's pretty rare to have "poisoned" or "burned" status etc- rather, it makes more sense to change it so that it kicks in whenever a Milotic is under any debilitating condition. I think I should fix up the sample Guts ability in Flareon to fit this change.
This is one of a few instances where general environment of M&M setting takes precedence to what actually happens in-game (of Pokemon).

-Milotic is... long, rather than truly large. So just two ranks of Growth to match its weight and a rank of innate elongation will allow me to hit its height (20'04" long) and weight (357.1lbs) at the same time. Although it lacks the feline-like dexterity and grace of the Eevolutions (low Dex), it moves with serpentine grace regardless (higher Agi).

-the freezing effect of Ice Beam is rare enough to warrant it being a critical hit, or a very low-ranked affliction (hindered/stunned), limited degrees.

-again, simple and straightforward. You have 13 points floating around that you can use to add extras to the moveset, increase its ranks/accuracy, add more skill ranks and so on.

Update 10/10/10: Marvel Scale can also be a variant Favoured Environment, where it provides 2 points of Toughness over its PL limit against physical attacks while poisoned/paralysed/burned etc (stunned and whatnots may also apply). If a player can trigger the extra +2 bonus to attack/defence by just flying up (f.e.: airborne) or something, I think it's a very much valid tactic also. I do not personally let f.e. exceed the PL limit (so I normally forget about that clause), but check with your GM.
Last edited by Saltcrow on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Murkglow » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:28 am

I love it Saltcrow, thank you very much! :mrgreen:

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:56 pm

Ichigo Kurosaki
PL: 12 (180 points)

“I do not fight because I want to win. I fight because I have to win.”

Abilities: Str 4, Sta 4, Agi 4 , Dex 2, Fgt 10, Int 1, Awa 0, Pre 1
Bankai: Str 6, Sta 6, Fgt 12

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 4 (+8), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise (soul reaper) 3 (+4), Insight 9 (+9), Intimidation 4 (+5), Perception 0 (+0), Persuasion 4 (+5), Ranged Combat (zanpakto blast) 8 (+10), Stealth 5 (+9)
44 ranks

Advantages:
Assessment, Beginner’s Luck, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Crit (zanpakto), Improved Smash, Interpose, Luck, Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Takedown 2, Weapon Break
Bankai: Improved Initiative 2, Power Attack
Granted from zanpakuto: Improved Defense, Second chance (toughness checks vs. sword damage)

Offense
Initiative +4
Zanpaktuo +10 close or ranged; DC 25; Crit 18-20 when close
Unarmed +10; DC 19
Bankai:
Initiative +12
Zanpakuto +12 close or ranged; Tou DC 27, crit 18-20 when close
Unarmed +12; Tou DC 21

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fort 10, Toughness 10 (9 vulnerable), Will 10
Bankai:
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fort 12, Tough 12 (11 vulnerable), Will 11

Powers
Bankai (requires zanpakuto, flaws: standard action activation required – 2 p); 30 p
*Enhanced Abilities 6 (Fgt 2, Sta 2, Str 2); 12 p
*Enhanced Defenses (Dodge 2, Will 1); 3 p
*Enhanced Skills (Ranged Combat- zanpakuto 2); 1 p
*Enhanced Feats 5 (Improved Initiative 2, Power Attack); 3 p
*Enhanced Zanpakto Blast 2; 4 p
*“Flash Step” Teleport 3 (turnabout) 7 p
*Flight 1; 2 p

Concealment 10 (all senses, permanent; limited not vs. spiritually aware and only works in the mortal world): 10 p
Protection 5; 5 p
Speed 1; 1 p

Senses 7 (detect spirit pressure; accurate, extended 3, ranged): 7 p

Zanpakuto (flaws: easily removable –12 p); 21 p
*Blast 10 (getsuga tensho; extras: cone); 30 p
:arrow: Strike 6 (str-based, improved crit); 1 p
*Enhanced Feats 2 (Improved Defense, Second chance [toughness vs. sword damage]): 2 p

Complications: Enemy: Sousuke Aizen and his Arrancar
Dark Side: Ichigo’s Inner Hollow will, during times of duress, from time to time take control of him or even hinder him in combat.
Guilt: Ichigo’s guilt over his mother’s death seeps over to when he thinks he fails others and causes his combat focus to drop like a rock.
Holding Back: Ichigo will often fail to fight at his full potential. This is because he’s afraid of losing control turning into his Inner Hollow Self. The exact details of the trigger of such a transformation are fairly nonspecific.
Normal Identity: In soul reaper form, Ichigo’s mortal body falls unconscious. However, since he has Kon or a number of other ways to make sure his body is taken care of, this complication does not come into effect too often.
Relationships: Ichigo will do whatever he can to protect the lives of his friends and family (particularly Rukia and Orihime), acting rashly and disobeying orders. Conversely, if he thinks he has failed them or threatens their well being, Ichigo’s angst will cause him to fight considerably worse.
Responsibility: as a substitute soul reaper

Abilities 48 + Skills 22 + Advantages 14 + Defenses 22 + Powers 74 = 180 p

Notes: This is Ichigo Kurosaki from the Bleach series. He’s a substitute shinigami (aka soul reaper) tasked with killing hollows (lost spirits hungry for the souls of the living). While most soul reapers are purely spiritual beings, Ichigo is a human who initially got his powers serving a stand in for a real soul reaper. Hence, to assume soul reaper form he must leave his body dormant. However, this rarely comes into play since there is Kon to inhabit his body, among a number of other reasons. Hence, I’ve just treated it as a Normal Identity complication.

Ichigo’s a fairly standard shonen hero with no real outstanding strengths or weaknesses in fighting (i.e. no tradeoffs- I see Chad and Uryu as the ones with the tradeoffs). Like his fighting style, Ichigo’s skills are fairly non-outstanding- a little bit of athletic and interaction skills.

One thing unusual- he has no Perception skill- but his Extended Detect Spirit Pressure means he can feel gross demonstrations of spirit pressure from all the way across town. However, you put something subtle in front of his nose, and he misses it completely. This is Ichigo’s approach to most things- bluntness and lateral thinking. He is, however, surprisingly keen at “reading” people’s feelings from time to time- hence the good Insight skill.

Like all soul reapers, Ichigo’s power and spiritual energy is focused into his zanpakuto- normally a sword blade that acts for a soul reaper kinda like what a sword does for a samurai. In addition to its obvious cutting powers, the sword also gives Ichigo a blast (the getsuga tensho). It also improves his defenses slightly (especially in swordfights).

Fitting given its nature, the power levels in Bleach jump all over the place. Ichigo’s main power up is his Bankai form (I’ve listed two sets of values for many of the traits- one for Ichigo with and without the Bankai). Normally Ichigo’s spiritual pressure leaks all over the place inefficiently. Here, he focuses and condenses it into his sword to become faster and stronger (requiring a Standard Action activation). He also can Flash step and even walk in air (which I have translated into Teleport and Flight, respectively). Otherwise, it’s mostly just an extension of his already existing abilities. With the bankai, Ichigo is PL 12 and 180 pp. Without it, he’s PL 10/150 points if you want to play a still fairly advanced Ichigo (but who still hasn’t learned the Bankai). It could also work for starting Soul Reaper archetype in a standard PL 10 game. The later powerups (hollowfication, etc) can be seen as boosts of his already existing traits, perhaps with the fades or unreliable flaws.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Anime/manga 3e (Pokemon, Bleach- Ichigo)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:24 pm

Nice Ichigo, Psion. I started a few Bleach builds but they sit unfinished because, as I look at your Ichigo and Cake's 2E Bleach builds, I realize I was overthinking them. I think all the shiny anime graphics threw me off! :D

I will try to have a Rukia for you by the weekend.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:50 pm

As promised, Psion, here is my first contribution to the 3e Anime/Manga thread. Hope you like it!

Dance, Sode no Shirayuki!

RUKIA KUCHIKI
PL: 9 (162 pp) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH: 2 STAMINA: 2 AGILITY: 4 DEXTERITY: 3 FIGHTING: 6 INTELLECT: 3 AWARENESS: 3 PRESENCE: 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics (+2), Close Combat [Zanpakuto] 3 (+9), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise [Kido] 10 (+13), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation (+3), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Kido] 5 (+8), Ranged Combat [Shikai] 6 (+9), Stealth 2 (+6)

ADVANTAGES:
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll (2), Diehard, Equipment (2), Inspire (2), Teamwork, Trance

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES:, Spiritual Awareness - Assessment

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES:, Hoho -, Evasion (1), Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action

POWERS:
Shinigami Physiology: Immunity 3 (Aging, Suffocation [Breathing], Starvation/Thirst [Limited]), Protection 2, Leaping 3; 8 pts
Spiritual Awareness: Senses 8 (Spiritual Awareness [Mental, Extended 2], Detect Spiritual Energy [Mental, Accurate, Acute, Ranged, Extended 2), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Assessment; see Advantages); 11 pts
Spirit Form: Concealment 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Limited [spiritually unaware, only in human world]); 6 pts
Hoho: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 4, see Skills), Enhanced Advantages 3 (Evasion, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action; see Advantages); 9 pts
Shunpo: Array (5 pt array, 6 pts)
Flash Steps: Speed 5 (60 mph); 5 pts
AE - Air Walking: Flight 5 (60 mph, Flaw: Platform); 1pt

Reiryuko (Spiritual Energy): Array (8 pt array; 10 pts)
Reiatsu Release: Burst Area Affliction 4 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst 2, Flaw: Action [Full Round]); 8 pts
Kido:
Bakudo: Ranged Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to Two Degrees, Action [Full Round], Check Required [Expertise: Kido]); 1 pt
Hado: Electrical Ranged Damage 8 (Flaw: Action [Full Round], Check Required [Expertise: Kido]); 1 pts

Zanpakuto: Easily Removable (-10 pts); 14 pts
Sode No Shirayuki! Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Critical, Weapon Break); 5 pts
Dance, Sode No Shirayuki! Feature 1 (Light Wind and Snow Appear around Rukia [1pp]) [1]
Shikai Array (17 pt array; 19 pts)
Some no mai, Tsukishiro! (First Dance, White Moon): Ice Ranged Cylinder Area Damage 9 (Extra: Ranged Cylinder Area, Flaw: Action [Full Round], Unreliable [5 uses], Quirk [Must Say Attack Name]; 1 pt
Tsugi no mai, Hakuren! (Next Dance, White Ripple): Ice Ranged Cylinder Area Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extras: Ranged Cylinder Area, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to Two Degrees, Flaw: Action [Full Round], Unreliable [5 uses], Quirk [Must Say Attack Name]; 17 pts)
San No Mai Shirafune! (Third Dance, White Sword): Ice Damage 9 (Extra: Penetrating [9], Multiattack, Duration [Concentration], Flaw: Action [Full Round], Tiring, Quirk [Must Say Attack Name]; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Soul Phone: Cell Phone [Dimensional], GPS, Senses 1 (Detect Hollows [Ranged, Extended 2, Accurate]); 10ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +2]
Zanpakuto +9 [Zanpakuto +5, Critical 19-20; San No Mai Shirafune +9, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +3
Shikai Array +9 [Some no mai, Tsukishiro +9; Tsugi no mai, Hakuren +9]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +5, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: As an adopted member of the Kuchiki clan, she works to proved herself worthy
Power Loss: When in the human world, she uses a gigai (false body) to blend in. She loses her soul reaper powers in this form
Relationships: Ichigo, Orihime, Chad, Uryu, Renji, her late mentor Kaien Shiba and her adopted brother, Byakuya
Responsibility: As a soul reaper, she has the responsibility to purify hollows, lead pluses to the Soul Society and upload the laws of the Gotei 13 Squads.

Abilities 52 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 57 + Defenses 14 = 162 / 162

Comments: Here’s my first 3E Bleach build, Rukia Kuchiki. While her role has diminished a bit as the series has progressed, Rukia Kuchiki is the player that got the whole game started by having to give Ichigo her Soul Reaper powers when she was injured fighting a Hollow that was after Ichigo Kurasaki’s family. Since that was against the laws of the Soul Society, she was brought back to be executed, leading to the rescue attempt by Ichigo and his friends, who stormed the Soul Society to free her. After that was all cleared up, she stayed in the Soul Society for a while but showed up in the human world again to help Ichigo and the crew with the Bounts and has now become a main character again in the Arrancar/Hueco Mundo arc.

She came in at 161 pts, which is not much higher than my 2E version of her which was 155 pts. Her cost comes not from her power but her versatility. Rukia has not achieved her Bankai yet and is not that powerful, really, outside of her Shikai and Kido abilities. She’s at best a PL7-ish with her sword, but with her Kido spells and the cool abilities of her Shikai array, she can handle pretty powerful foes if need be, but she needs to take them out quick or they’ll lay her out quick with her +6 Toughness, which is nothing compared to most of the characters she goes up against. And she’s a PL8 in melee, but does hit her defensive caps against ranged attacks, so that does give her a fighting chance most of the time.

Her main value to the group is her Teamwork and Inspire, helping other big hitters like Ichigo, Chad or Uryu be more accurate while Power Attacking. She is also an expert in Kido, the Shinigami mystic arts, which she is about a PL8 or so with. She can also power stunt Healing off of it, since I didn’t want her to be able to use it all the time like the members of the Kido Corps. I might add it in later, since, as any of us that have ever played any type of RPG know, you can NEVER have enough healing!

Her Shikai array is pretty cool looking. She, and Toshiro Hitsugaya have ice effects with their Shikai, although Rukia’s is not nearly as powerful as Hitsugaya’s. I didn't want to use up all the bandwith for all three dances, but here's the First Dance, White Moon where she creates a big cylinder of ice that freezes and normally kills her opponent.

Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:37 am

Wow, that's a detailed Rukia writeup. And yeah, I can see how one could take some time going over how to stat up Bleach characters. The soul reapers and arrancars are particularly over the top in the elaborate design of their techniques. Ichigo is nice to stat up in in that pretty much all he has going for him is heroic resolve and continual power ups that don't change his over all abilities but rather just blows them all out of proportion.

A few comments on Rukia. I love what you did with the soul phone. Airwalking as a platformed flight is pure genius. Note that on her San No Mai Shirafune- full round action is no longer a flaw anymore (there are no full round actions in 3e). Some sort of soul reaper or arcane knowledge expertise might be in order for Rukia as well. On that feature, you probably do not need to pay points what is essentially a descriptor with no mechanical effect.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Chad Yasutora
PL: 10 (150 points)

“I want to protect people.”

Abilities: Str 7, Sta 8, Agi 1, Dex 2, Fgt 5, Int 0, Awa 2, Pre 1

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+3), Athletics 4 (+11), Expertise (popular culture) 1 (+1), Expertise (streetwise) 1 (+1), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 3 (+4), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat (blast) 6 (+8), Stealth 5 (+6)
36 ranks

Advantages:
Assessment, Close Attack 2, Great Endurance, Interpose, Language 1 (Japanese: base- English), Power Attack, Takedown, Teamwork, Withstand Damage*
Enhanced Feats: Benefit (ambidexterity), Defensive Combat, Improved Defense, Improved Grapple
From Mecha and Manga

Offense
Initiative +1
Blast +8 ranged; Tou 27
Right arm of the devil +7 close; Tou DC 28
Unarmed +7; Tou DC 22

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fort 11, Toughness 12, Will 9

Powers
Arms of the Giant and the Devil; 35 p
Blast 12; 24 p;
:arrow: Strength based, penetrating Strike 6 (Improved crit 1); 1 p; Buraso Isukieruda Deru Diaboro
Enhanced Advantages 4 (Benefit [ambidexterity], Defensive combat, Improved Defense, Improved Grapple); 4 p
Enhanced Parry/Dodge 3; 6 p; Brazo Derecha de Gigante

Protection 4
: 4 p

“Sonido” Flight 2, Teleport 2 (turnabout); 9 p

Spiritual Senses: Sense 7 (Ranged detect spiritual pressure, extended, accurate, acute, extended); 7 p

Complications: Oath: Chad has sworn to use his strength to protect those in need.
Pacifism: At heart, Chad is a gentle soul and is slow to anger or bring out his full fury.
Relationships: Chad is close friends with Rukia, Orihime, and Uryu. He has a deep, brotherly relationship with Ichigo and by extension his family.
Worf Effect: Chad often gets pure Fiat-fueld brutal beatdowns from newcomer enemies just to show how powerful they are.

Abilities 52 + Skills 18 + Advantages 10 + Defenses 15 + Powers 55 = 150 p

Notes: Sado “Chad” Yasutora, the resident “tank” of Bleach, with a few elements of blaster and speedster. Chad shows great strength, perhaps one of the strongest of the main cast, at least before he starts becoming the regular victim of The Worf Effect (in tvtropes terminology). The later series doesn’t give him much of a break- he gets curb stomped typically to show when things are about to turn bad. Even getting powered up in the fight previous to the one he’s curbstomped won’t protect Chad from it.

At his core, Chad is both a bruiser and a defensive character. His right arm, translated the right arm of the giant, gives him some defensive capabilities his left arm, translated the left arm of the devil, gives him a nasty strike and ups his blast power.
Last edited by Dreaming Psion on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:26 pm

Orihime Inoue
PL: 9 (150 points)

“Kurosaki-kun... I'm weak, so it's always like I turn back to look to you for help. But now I won't turn back and I'll go forward. The next time we meet I won't look to you for help, Kurosaki-kun, I'll be able to fight on my own.”

Abilities: Str 0, Sta 2, Agi 0, Dex 1, Fgt 3, Int 2, Awa 0, Pre 2

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+2), Athletics 2 (+2), Deception 5 (+7/+9 Attractive), Expertise (art) 3 (+5), Expertise (popular culture) 2 (+4), Insight 6 (+6), Perception 4 (+4), Persuasion 6 (+8/+10 Attractive), Ranged Combat (Zeiten Kesshun) 7 (+8), Treatment 3 (+5)
40 ranks

Advantages:
Attractive, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Initiative, Improved Defense, Inspire 2, Luck, Power Attack, Ultimate Aim

Offense
Initiative +4
Soten kasshun +8 ranged; Fort 20 and Tou 25 (Linked Weaken/Damage 10)
Unarmed strike +3 close; DC 18

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 6, Fort 4, Toughness 4 (2 vulnerable), Will 10

Powers
Create Object 9 (movable, stationary): 28 p; Santen Kesshun

Healing 9 (Restorative, Resurrection, Persistent); 37 p; Soten Kisshun
:arrow: Deflect 14; 1 p
:arrow: Nullify 9 (all spiritual attack powers, area- burst, broad, simultaneous); 1 p
:arrow: Damage 10 Linked Weaken 10 (both ranged, distracting, weaken also affects objects); 1 p Koten Zanshun

Senses 5 (detect spiritual pressure- accurate, extended, ranged); 5 p

Unarmed Strike 3; 3 p

Complications: Doubt: Orihime sometimes feels fear of Ichigo’s Hollow side, reminding her of how her brother tried to kill her. This can leave Ichigo Impaired or even Disabled in his fighting- certainly preventing Orihime from using her Inspire and other abilities to aid him.
Eccentric Idealism- Orhime, especially early, was known to be a little bit of an oddball with her sometimes child-like idealism. She often will go to great lengths to help others and make them feel better, including masking her own pain with a false smile.
Guilt: Orihime often feels guilty for weighing everybody else down, and it may cause her to act erratically.
Pacifism: Orihime has an empathic connection to most living things. Her hesitation to kill or even fight will often cause hesitate to act in combat.
Power Loss: Should the fairies that power her effects be destroyed, she will lose them. To date, this has happened only once, with Tsubaki, costing her the use of her Koten Zanshun.
Relationships: Friends with Rukia, Uryu, and Chad. Also has a particularly strong bond with Ichigo and Tatsuki. More than willing to sacrifice herself if it means saving her friends.

Abilities 20 + Skills 20 + Advantages 10 + Defenses 24 + Powers 76 = 150 p

Notes: Orhime’s probably one of the more interesting and dynamic characters of the Bleach series. Unlike the other protagonists who are pretty much just standard heroines with more or less standard/balanced defensive and offensive capabilities, Orihime is pure support and healing. She’s something of a deconstruction of the anime “Genki Girl” archetype- always perky, idealistic, and eccentric.

Her rejection of everything that is tragic is so powerful it’s like a nullification of reality “Santen Kisshun! I reject!” So you have the ability to deflect attacks (a Deflect effect), suppress attacks (a Nullify effect), and form protective energy fields (a Create effect). I have made the Create effect separate from the array since she has on occasion been able to keep energy field up while using her other abilities. But Orihime’s most powerful technique is literally overturning reality and eliminating wounds as if they never existed (Healing with the Persistent extra- something I rarely give!)

Sadly, like Chad, Bleach does not go easy on her, taking away her disintegration ability (the Soten Kisshun) in the Soul Society arc (she gets it back later) and then reducing her to damsel in distress in the Hueco Mundo arc. Orihime can’t keep up with the others in combat, and her insecurity with her Zanten Kisshun leaves her a sitting duck when she finally does employ it (Distracting flaw).

Initially, Orihime’s powers manifested as tiny fairies that taught her how to use her powers. Since then, they haven’t gotten shown too much. So I’ve left them as descriptors and a source for power stunt effects.
Last edited by Dreaming Psion on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.