OUBLIETTE (Original 2E Builds)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: OUBLIETTE: Gajeel Redfox, Vestige

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Michuru81 wrote:As far as fighting Confectionery... her complications protect half the team from her. She has orders not to hurt two of you, she refuses to hurt one of you and another one she feels she owes so...
My thought is that it's Jay & Jack who's protected, Vlad she won't harm and Viktor she feels like she owes.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Tattooedman wrote:
Michuru81 wrote:As far as fighting Confectionery... her complications protect half the team from her. She has orders not to hurt two of you, she refuses to hurt one of you and another one she feels she owes so...
My thought is that it's Jay & Jack who's protected, Vlad she won't harm and Viktor she feels like she owes.
:)
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 pm

Good news, GPrime, Emily and Lex get to die via Candymom! ;~)

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Arkrite wrote:Good news, GPrime, Emily and Lex get to die via Candymom! ;~)
And Otso; don't forget Otso!

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:00 pm

Oh fine, he can die with them if he wants.
I'd hate to be called selfish because I wouldn't let poor Otso get Candymomed with the rest of us. ;~)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:30 pm

Never gonna happen. She most likely shares all of her son's weaknesses (the physicaL ones), which means the group has the knowledge necessary to take her down. Honestly, she probably isn't much of a real threat. Vlad doesn't hit ANY of his caps under normal circumstances, so it's likely she doesn't either. Meanwhile, except for Jason, I'm pretty certain most of the others hit their damage caps or PL cap on at least one power. Candyman hits his caps on not a single power or ability...did you think I was joking when I repeatedly said he was the weakest of the entire group? Not so! He was designed to be fun to play and have a strange powerset, but, he was never designed to be an ace ass-kicker, so mom probably isn't either.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:48 pm

Jay hits his caps on skills and Defense. We've seen how deceptive he can be sometime but I don't think he's ever actually been the target of an attack before.

Vlad, on the other hand, hit a dude with another due. Caps aside, that's just plain awesome.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:29 am

Arthur Eld wrote:Jay hits his caps on skills and Defense. We've seen how deceptive he can be sometime but I don't think he's ever actually been the target of an attack before.

Vlad, on the other hand, hit a dude with another due. Caps aside, that's just plain awesome.
Because I tend to favor strangely designed scrappers and paragon/powerhouse types as pc's, I have to remember to be creative if the former type of character is going to have any combat success. Vlad is the epitome of a weirdly designed scrapper...well, except for Ball of Arms Man (lmao GPrime).

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:20 am

Remember, just because Vlad doesn't hit his caps doesn't mean that Confectionary won't. She's been doing this for a long time by all indications, so she's probably learned how to best use her abilities.

And she might just have a few tricks up her sleeves that Candyman hasn't thought of yet.

For example, you ever noticed how sharp a candycane can get?

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Actually, I've given a lot of thought to how Candyman's powers might be honed. Of course, the top of this list, is getting rid of at least 3pts and maybe all 6 pts of Drawbacks. The water thing has turned out to be devastating.

The Strike power I've considered for him though, wouldn't be anything sharp. Since his redesign, he's been more gummy than solid, so I actually was thinking of an AP off his Elongation:

Licorice Whips- Strike 2 PF: Extended Reach 2, Mighty, Split Attack 6pp

This would eat up the 4 pts he's got invested in Elongation plus the 2 Power Feats that go with....AND...it would bring him up to Caps with trade-offs in Melee.

Obviously, now that I've revealed it, the GM could easily apply it to Confectionery.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:17 pm

Arkrite wrote:Remember, just because Vlad doesn't hit his caps doesn't mean that Confectionary won't. She's been doing this for a long time by all indications, so she's probably learned how to best use her abilities.
Confectionery's biography starts with, "After the KGB dissolved in 1991 ..." Confectionery is Russian military and a former interrogator for the KGB. She has fighting ability coupled with utility their power template provides. It's not so much her hitting her caps or having new tricks but employing the powers they have in entirely new (and somewhat disturbingly torturous) ways...
Horsenhero wrote:The water thing has turned out to be devastating.
To be fair, the water thing hasn't come up this session...

...but it will... :(

Okay, what if I promise no water for sessions #4 and #5? Well, #5 it depends on whether or not Martin picks you for his "Let's Bring down Larrikin!" team. You'd be going to Australia and... well, Larrikin's a surfer...

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:52 pm

meh. I just bitch about the water thing, because I should've known better. It keeps Vlad from being one of the heavy hitters, which is cool, since there's got to be SOME middle ground in combat between Jack, Lex, Martin, Viktor, who all can rage in combat and Jason, who is mostly a non-combat guy. I just think of it this way...if the GM wants to use your weaknesses against you, he will. After all, I swear an entire continent from Krypton crashed on earth. There was a time in the Superman comics when you couldn't walk out the door without tripping over Kryptonite.

Besides, if it gets too frustrating, I'll just ask you to kill him off, so I can play a more normal character...y'know, like the mutant dog I play in T-man's game. :wink:

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:47 pm

Michuru81 wrote:It's not so much her hitting her caps or having new tricks but employing the powers they have in entirely new (and somewhat disturbingly torturous) ways...
As shark bait, I find this terribly alarming. ;~)
Horsenhero wrote:I just bitch about the water thing, because I should've known better.
Heh, look at the bright side, in your case you got Power Points back for it. Lex also has some serious problems around water, but they're just an inherent part of the powers themselves.

And I don't think Lex is quite as much of a heavy hitter as you imply. Sure he can hurt if he hits, but if you catch him flat footed he suddenly goes from hitting his caps to having +1 toughness and a flat 12 defense. From PL8 to PL1.5 in defense when flat footed.

That's right, Vicente could whoop Lex's ass if he got the first punch in ;~)

Of course that's kind of what makes it interesting. After all, Superman's perfect and not really interesting at all. Sure we'd all want to be him, but stories revolving around him usually arn't that interesting.

Personally I think Speedball was more interesting than Superman ;~)

... So, talking dog... would that mean you Rhino and Pachyderm are related? ;~)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Nah...Rhino and Pachyderm started as NeoSapiens who get more animalistic K-9, or Rex started as a Police German Shepard, who was mutated to be more man-like. Though I do my best to throw in some odd, doglike behaviors so the other PC's remember, he's a touch different. Whether I succeed or not? T-man could tell you. I'm not really an objective judge. :)

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

#252: Big Ben

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:33 pm

BIG BEN (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’2” / 150 lbs.
Hair / Eyes: Reddish-Brown / Green
Place of Birth: Bristol, England (June 11, 1989)
First Appearance: New Vindicators #13

Physical Description: Little about Benjamin stands out physically.

Biography: Benjamin Baxter was born and bred in Bristol. At an early age, he discovered that he had inherited the same powers his American-born mother possessed: he could swell to Brobdingnagian sizes. The woman disclosed her secret: she was a descendant of one of the first Vindicators: Uncle Sam was her grandfather. While the Meinstein fortune had protected her from the sort of persecution other Neo-Sapiens faced, she was not oblivious to the oppression of their people.

It was for these reasons that Sarah left America behind her and migrated to Moksha.
Walkabout dispersed the nation’s people around the world and Sarah Meinstein found herself in England where she eventually met and married Benjamin’s father, Richard. While their eldest child—Maddison—showed no signs of having inherited their mother’s genetic template, Benjamin had and that threatened Sarah’s secret.

Together, the mother and son continued to hide their powers from their parents. Despite being the frequent target of bullies, Benjamin hid his status as a Neo-Sapien well. For years, Benjamin restrained himself, but as his first year of high school came to a close, he finally had enough…

Ben was walking home when he stumbled upon three boys beating up another boy. Unable to tolerate standing by, Benjamin rushed into action and used his powers to defend the youth. It was an action that not only exposed his powers to his peers but also to his father and siblings. It also caught the eye of the New Vindicators Academy of Europe and soon, Ben was enrolled for his sophomore year at the Viennese institute…

NEW VINDICATORS: sic simper tyrannis—When Hubris was given the opportunity to lead a team through the Trials, he chose to focus on sheer strength and chose Big Ben, Excalibur and Stonehenge. He led his team successfully to the Final Trial, where in the first round of the tournament, Big Ben drew Quintessence as an opponent and lost.

After the Trials, Benjamin returned home to England where he found employment as a constable. While he tries to keep his status as a Neo-Sapien a secret, his paths occasionally cross with his former classmate and teammate, Excalibur, who now serves as a vigilante in London.
  • STR 12 [36] (+13), DEX 12 (+1), CON 14 [26] (+8), INT 12 (+1), WIS 12 (+1), CHA 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Drive 2 (+3), Intimidate 2 (+4/+10 growth), Investigate 2 (+3), Knowledge (civics) 4, Knowledge (current events) 2 (+3), Knowledge (streetwise) 2 (+3), Knowledge (tactics) 3 (+4), Languages 1 (English [base], French), Medicine 2 (+3), Profession (police officer) 4 (+5), Sense Motive 4 (+5), Stealth 0 (-11), Survival 4 (+5/-7 growth)

FEATS: All-out Attack, Equipment 2, Power Attack, Teamwork 2

POWERS: Growth 12

Equipment: cell phone, comm link, GPS receiver, Vindicators Uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat]); 3 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +1 (includes -3 due to size), Grapple +29, Damage +12, Defense +1 (includes -3 due to size), Knockback -5, Initiative +1

SAVES: Toughness +10, Fortitude +13, Reflex +5, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (Neo-Sapien), Secret (Neo-Sapien)

Abilities 16 + Skills 8 (32 ranks) + Feats 6 + Powers 36 + Combat 16 + Saves 12 = 95 points
Michuru81 wrote:One of the nice things about my PBP game is that it breathes life into characters who were--otherwise--one-shot characters. Big Ben's history with Moksha opens up the door for one of my PCs to need his help which will also allow me to bring in Excalibur and... well, flesh out characters who never got the chance during the Trials...