NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #3: Skittles (IC)

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:44 pm

Candyman
[Vladislav Radikovich]

Condition: Foot in mouth HP 3

"No need to apologize Ellen. The point of this game is the truth, yes? Now....should, after this luncheon, you decide you would like to see me some again, we'll have to do something about that. I mean, what's the point of going out with somebody who spends half their time looking like Gumby on steroids, if not to play around?"

Pitching his voice a low as he could, Vlad gave his best impression of a stereotypical Russian.

"Now small blonde giirrrl. You are to be asking me qvestion, da?"

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy

"Kirstie?" He looks at her, confused. How did she get here?

Lex coughs again, tears rolling down his face, "I'm sorry, Kirstie.... it's my fault..."

He lets her push him back down on the table, "I'm such a screw up."

Anomaly
Champion
Champion

Postby Anomaly » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:03 am

Viktor DeGallow (Impasse)
Michuru81 wrote:THE SHORE
As the two continued to leave the scene, they were forced to pass by the man with the camera...

Viktor sprints off into the water like a cannonball, with water splashing everwhere. He was nearly up to his waist as he began running toward the shore. Extending his arms, he races directly for the camera man, pushing a sizeable wave toward the onlooker. Just before hitting the shore itself, he shoots straight up in the air with Jason in tow.

"Needed to clean off the scum from that guys speech," Viktor says to Jason once they are air-borne. "I really just wanted a night out. Foolish people and there schemes."

ooc wrote:Not intending on causing damage like an attack or any debilitating effects what-so-ever. Think of it like a kid in a pool, swinging his arm and making a wave to splash a friend. (or the wake of a boat) Now picture it at 100mph. Just going for wet mostly. Getting the Kuq wet before leaving and the cameraman/crew :)
Player of: Amalgam Anomaly Impasse Coulomb

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:09 am

Ursa
[Otso Karell]

When headmaster Newton ordered them to stand down, Otso held onto the anger bubbling inside of him for a moment longer before letting it go. It was petty, but it gave him energy, direction. Now he felt only sad, powerless. Alone.

Otso turned his back on Alex, trying to tell himself that the other youth would survive, that he was healed. But the image of the bullet-riddled body wouldn't leave his mind. So much blood.

His head hanging low, the depressed Finn exited the infirmary. Outside in the corridor he simply slumped down on the floor with his back against the wall and buried his head in his hands.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:37 am

Martin shifts once again and his same school clothes bubble to the surface.

Seeing he is no longer needed he likewise exits. As he passes Alina he pauses, trying to conceive of what to say. He recalls how Lex and she were with each other at the party a week back but had not heard if there were further connection between them.

"'E'll be okay." He tries to reassure her. "I zink 'e can 'ave visitors if you wish to go right een."

Martin stops beside Otso.

"Let us try zis again, shall we?" He extends a hand. "I am Martin B. Curie, may I show around ze school?"

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:02 pm

Ursa
[Otso Karell]

Otso looked up, slightly surprised. Shrugging, he got to his feet and shook the offered hand. "Bonjour Martin, I'm Otso Karell. Lead the way."

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:05 pm

"Pleazure to meet you, Otso. Are you starting as a Freshman or a Sophomore? Do you know? An' did ze 'Eadmaster mention what dorm room was yours?" the Frenchman asks.

"Eizer way we will cover some of ze basics of ze school - Cafeteria, Dormitories, Gymnasium, Wreck room, Workshops, Laboratories, 'anger and Mechanics Bay. Per'aps knowing a bit about you would 'elp me tailor my tour. Are you a Neo-sapien? 'Ave abilities? Any prominent 'obbies?"

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:32 am

Ursa
[Otso Karell]

Otso shrugged again. "Yea, I'll be starting my sophomore year here. Headmaster Newton said something about getting me a room but we sort of got derailed with... everything that happened. "

"I can turn into an anthropomorphic bear, so I'm a werebear basically. I get stronger, a little tougher. Oh yeah, and I usually tear through a set of clothes whenever I shift. What about you, how did you know about what happened at the infirmary?"

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:57 am

VLAD
"Now small blonde giirrrl," Vlad said in his best Russian impression, "you are to be asking me qvestion, da?"

Ellen stopped and looked ahead of them. Fiore Caspian and Cornelis Noteboom were making their way back to the school. "Well, someone looks happy, yes?" asked Fiore. The Italian couldn't help but smile at the sight of the couple together.

"If you've come to help," offered the oblivious Dutchman, "you're too late: the excitement is over. Viktor and Jason handled-" He was cut off as Fiore slipped an arm around him and covered his mouth with his hand.

"Ignore him," Fiore said. "Try to enjoy yourselves..."

THE INFIRMARY
"I'm sorry, Kirstie.... it's my fault..." Lex muttered. "I'm such a screw up."

Kirstie started to cry. "Don't say that," she commanded. "It's not your fault! It's mine! I never should have trusted... I was so jealous! I mean, things were starting with you and Alina and I felt left behind. Vicente gave me attention and I... He called me--invited me out. I never should have gone, Lex. If I hadn't gone..." Her fingertips hovered over Lex's chest. "What happened to you was my fault, Lex! Mine! You're not the screw up... I am." She dropped down to hug the boy lying before her. "I screwed up but Jack--you have to know Lex! Jack saved us both... If it weren't for him, neither of us would be here..."

Otso slipped out of the room and Martin moved to follow him. On the way out, he paused by Alina. "'E'll be okay," he told her. "I zink 'e can 'ave visitors if you wish to go right een."

Alina looked in to see Kirstie hugging a bare-chested Lex. "I think he's got all the company he needs right now," she said darkly. Lowering her head, Alina walked away in defeat.

THE SHORE
Viktor hurried out into the water and then began to circle around. As he did so he began pulling the river with him and then sent it towards the cameraman. With Jason in tow, Viktor made his way into the sky and back towards the school...

JACK
That night, as Jack made his way back to his room, he paused in the threshold of the common room. A few of the students were watching the news: rumors that some of their classmates had been involved in the excitement that had erupted in the city had swept over the school and they were eager for answers.

"-arrested Kuq Hundë, personal bodyguard of Veljko Milinkovich, an Albanian envoy to the United Nations. Hundë was released within the hour and has been departed back to his homeland. A cameraman for Vienna's PULS TV captured this footage of the scene. We warn our audience that portions of this footage is brutal."

The view cut to show Kuq Hundë bringing down Lex Murphy with a barrage of bullets. Not long after, Jack hurried into the water and disappeared. The footage showed Jason and Viktor's arrival on the scene as well as Jack's return--Kirstie in arm. The footage continued until Viktor charged towards the cameraman, pulling a small wave of water behind him before rocketing into the air.

When Jack eventually found his way back to his room, he opened the door to discover he was not alone. "Leave Cornelis alone," Lexus Rauf said, sitting on the sill of Jack's open window. "I left the school to protect him--not to open the door for people to harass him. If you're only cozying up to get information from him, not only will you be disappointed but you'll earn my wrath."

Pulling the fur-lined hood of his coat further over his face, Lexus tumbled backwards out the window, letting himself be swallowed up by the night...

Michuru81 wrote:I know Martin and Otso are still in the midst of a conversation. For the most part, assume Martin fills Otso in on what's been going on. If there's anything new that needs to be said, feel free to say it. Otherwise, we'll move on to the next session...
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:14 am

Fluxx

"Zere was a strong presence of blood in ze air. Very distinctive chemical composition." Martin taps the side of his prominent nose. "I detect and analyze molecules and can modify ze bonds between zem, or ze atoms zemselves." he gestures to Otso. "Eet does not let me zrow cars around but I can do a few interesting zings."

"Let us go zis way first." He leads the two of them past the Gymnasium explaining it's hours of operation and use of equipment. "... and we are planning to 'old a few upcoming seminars in martial defense and combat, fencing, and wrestling. Zey will eizer be 'ere or ze Wreck room - Our Next Destination. I myself 'ave studied wrestling but am looking forward to expanded zose skills. 'Ave you studied a martial discipline?" He asks while continuing the tour.

He covers the Wreck Room, Library, Classrooms, Hanger, Ending in the Cafeteria as they open for dinner.

"Any specific questions?" he prompts.

[Okay to move on as you wish. Martin is generally friendly and open. He will answer any question related to the school but not mention anything about K-town or Laputa unless Otso brings it up first.]

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #4: Zwischenzug (IC)

Postby Michuru81 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:38 am

NEW VINDICATORS ACADEMY OF EUROPE #4: Zwischenzug

JACK
The plane landed at the Peretola Airport, in Florence, Italy. When Jack Rexroth had first enrolled at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe, Tyson Noble and Evan Bradley and told him that he would get to see the world. Since then, he had seen Kaiserslautern, Germany, when members of his class had taken an unauthorized field trip to save the father of one of their own.

That was not to be the case with this trip.

The man Jack had helped rescue, former American Air Force Captain Ronald Nelson, was now the institute's personal pilot. When Mister Knight, the school's art teacher, had announced a field trip, he had recruited the help of the man in not only transporting his charges from Vienna to Florence, but also in chaperoning the five young people...

Jack would be spending the next few days in Italy with Cornelis Notebook, Fiore Capsian, Tatjana Nelson and Beatrice Marceau--his classmates in Mister Knight's visual arts class--touring the Uffizi Gallery, home to some of the world's most beloved paintings...

EMILY
Emily was sitting in the quad of the school, looking up at the sky. Not long ago, she had watched the small plane leave, carrying the elder Nelson and his daughter with her. Tatjana was not set to return to the school for the next three days, leaving Emily to her own devices until then...

JASON
Jason was at his computer when he saw a small alert flash in the corner of the screen. It was a new e-mail, from someone simply named "Chuck."

"Iulia Catargi's Connections," read the subject.

LEX
In the week since being shot, Lex found himself back where he had been before Vicente's arrival: Kirstie was his friend--albeit attached to another boy--and Alina was withdrawn and impersonal.

MARTIN
Mister Noble had offered to drive Martin to Vienna International Airport to pick up an important package: now, the man steered the car back onto the grounds of the United Nations and back towards the building reserved for the education of young super-powered beings.

Elle was enchanted as she looked up at the buildings...

OTSO
Otso was making his way across the campus yard when he saw a young girl--possibly a year his junior--was standing on the grass, gazing up at the building he now called home.

VIKTOR
It had been a week since Viktor had propelled Olivia towards Kuq Hundë. At the time, the police had moved to contain the area where the battle had taken place. Through the statements the girls the New Vindicators had rescued had given, the Viennese police had decided to look further into it. Though the Albanians possessed diplomatic immunity, it was possible to convince their homeland to revoke such protection if a strong enough case for their crimes could be produced.

While that may have been good news to the Spaniard, he did not find himself smiling...

Dean Naizom was a cameraman for PULS TV who had aspiritions of becoming a hard-hitting journalist. Worse, he seemed to have a grudge against Neo-Sapiens--and against the New Vindicators Academy of Europe in particular. Though Viktor had been wearing his mirrored sunglasses, Dean had produced pictures of his and Jason's faces from a still captured when the pair charged him. That, coupled with the outspoken interviews had been giving about the incident, meant Viktor wasn't just a face in the crowd. The police knew he was involved in the abductions and the shootings. They had petitioned the school to offer him over, but Headmaster Newton continued to protect his charges:

"Viktor," the ageless Englishman had said, "think about your family for a moment: Kuq Hundë told you he would go after them, yes? "Impasse" is not an officially recognized entity: if you allow yourself to be questioned, your name will have to go on record. They can grant you anonymity but we don't yet know how far Veljko Milinkovich's reach extends.

"Venture outside these walls, and the police may take you in. Fight them, and you'll be a criminal. Do as they say and you'll be putting your family in danger."

Viktor DeGallow's Neo-Sapien power rendered him immovable, if he willed it. Now, thanks to Veljko Milinkovich, Kuq Hundë and Dean Naizom, he couldn't move...

VLAD
With Ellen in his life, Vlad was not lonely without Jack. At the moment, he found himself alone. Ellen's class was in a Wreck Room exercise: Mezzanine, Eiron, the Pachyderm and herself would be deep into their combat and powers training at the moment. Ellen was excited: with Fiore in his homeland, she had been selected to act as the deputy prefect for the exercise.

She was in charge of her squad.

Though he had logged countless hours in the simulator with Jack and Martin, his class had yet to be summoned for any specific training.

Still, as he understood it, all of that was about to change... This weekend, he had heard, two separate sessions would be taking place for his class. While Jack, Tatjana and Cornelis would be exempt from it, that left Kirstie, Viktor, Jason, Gaspar, Otso, Randy, Eve and himself to fight under either Lex or Martin.

Vlad was roused from his thoughts when he sensed someone sitting beside him. He turned and found Juozas Cahan smiling at him. "So, have you screwed her yet?" he asked.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Candyman
[Vladislav Radikovich]

Condition: En garde HP 1

For a moment Vlad was confused by his fellow students' question. Only for a moment, then he was annoyed. Still, having dealt with both Viktor and Vicente, he wasn't particularly shocked by the burly students' crassness.

"Are you a Spaniard too? I thought that you hailed from somewhere else, but, you have the focus of every spaniard I've ever met." Vlad said, purposely sounding bored. "But since you, no doubt will continue to pester me until I answer, the answer is no. Even if I had, I wouldn't tell you. It's crude and demeaning to ladies to gossip so."

"In the words of Edward Dahlberg, of all the animals on earth, none is so brutish as man when he seeks the delerium of coition."

While not out and out telling the other boy to leave, Vlad hoped he could baffle him into losing interest in this conversation.

I reset Vlad's Hero Points back down to one, since it looks like we're entering a new chapter and those don't carry over.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Michuru81 wrote:NEW VINDICATORS ACADEMY OF EUROPE #4: Zwischenzug
MARTIN
Mister Noble had offered to drive Martin to Vienna International Airport to pick up an important package: now, the man steered the car back onto the grounds of the United Nations and back towards the building reserved for the education of young super-powered beings.

Elle was enchanted as she looked up at the buildings...

This reunion would be bitter-sweet for Martin. He desperatly wanted to see his younger sister, to bask in the memory of home, to revel in the familiarity. Even her good natured teasing would evoke pangs of homesickness.

They couldn't talk much on the ride over, not with Mr. Noble so close at hand. He expressed regret again that he could not introduce her to Tatjana. And endured, again, her teasing that the young woman of his affections must be imaginary, the stories fabricated, and the pictures photoshopped.

He had asked how her studies were going. She was being Homeschooled, as Martin himself was, for the grade school years, to enter the school system only for junior high and high school (for the experientials since learning opportunities abounded around the Institut). Martin knew from experience how difficult it sometimes was to keep focus on uninteresting subjects (History and Civics for Martin). He also knew what a shock it was to enter a school with others as she would be doing this upcoming year. He wanted to be there for her like an older brother should. But who was he kidding, she'd have an easier adjustment than him, she was better at the friend making than he was, more insightful. He was glad. If something were happening with Mother and Father she'd have picked up on it. He just had the wait for the right time to ask her.

"Aren't you ze jet-setter? Not to long ago you were in ze Americas, yes? 'Ow was zat trip?"

GPrime
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby GPrime » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Michuru81 wrote:NEW VINDICATORS ACADEMY OF EUROPE #4: Zwischenzug
EMILY
Emily was sitting in the quad of the school, looking up at the sky. Not long ago, she had watched the small plane leave, carrying the elder Nelson and his daughter with her. Tatjana was not set to return to the school for the next three days, leaving Emily to her own devices until then...

Emily
Suddenly without Tatjana, Emily finds herself without a distraction. She realises that it has been a long time since she has done anything about her parents. This time, however, rather than harassing the faculty, she instead searches the library for a copy of 'Gulliver's Travels', searching for some kind of clue about Laputa.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Jason Lamperouge/Prodigy

One eyebrow raised, Jason double-clicked to open the e-mail. He wondered if this would be another threat of something worse than death. With a chuckle devoid of any mirth, it crossed Jason's mind that one of the things some might consider worse than death was life itself. But he doubted that was what Iulia and her allies had in mind.

Return to “M&M Game Room”