Transgenic-X (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Transgenic-X (Recruiting)

Post by kenseido »

Nineofspades wrote:I'd like to go on record as saying that any GM who forsee's a need for characters to recieve blood transfusions, and that documenting who is anavailable doner, feels me with a deep sense of concern over the survivability of said GM's planned encounters.
Heh. Maybe I watched to much Dark Angel.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido »

Celtic,
I noticed you didn't put Precise on your Create Object power. Was that an oversight or on purpose?

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI »

kenseido wrote:Celtic,
I noticed you didn't put Precise on your Create Object power. Was that an oversight or on purpose?
Precise is where she can make things more complex then hinges, right? I forgot about that one heh. I'll edit that in, though she won't be making anything too complex with it, she can make better then blocks hehe

And done.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Nineofspades »

Nice looking character sheet you got there. Good job. If I had any golds stars, I'd give you one. Alas, I do not, so your profile must somehow go without.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI »

Nineofspades wrote:Nice looking character sheet you got there. Good job. If I had any golds stars, I'd give you one. Alas, I do not, so your profile must somehow go without.
;p

*puts a gold star on his computer screen*
The star is blocking my view of the Submit button...
*Scrolls*
Ah, much better.
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Nineofspades »

Lol :D

Now all we need is anothe player or two, and we should be all set to go

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido »

Agreed.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI »

kenseido wrote:Agreed.
Oh aye.

I'll see if I can't get some folks interested in it.
I'm surprised not many have submitted characters yet. the world of Mutant-X was a cool one.
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido »

I am equally surprised that no one has posted any builds on the characters. I may have to pick up the season 1 DVDs and post the season 1 builds myself.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Post by McGuffin »

Seems interesting, unfortunately I'm not familiar with the setting. I'll have to see what I can find and go from there.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel »

Noticed you could use a brick and that ferals were under represented.

‘Polar’
Carl Roebek
PL7 120
+2 Toughness/-2defense
+1 damage/-1to hit
Str 18/24 Dx 16 Con 18 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 10 [26pp]

Fort 4(con)+5=9 Ref 3(dex)+3= 6 Will 2(wis)+5=7 [13pp]
Toughness 4(con) + 3 (Protection) +2 Def Roll = 9, w/ 4 impervious

Skills [12pp]: Sense Motive 4(+6), Notice 10(+12), Acrobatics 6(+9), Diplomacy 2(+2), Intimidate 12(+12), Stealth 8(+11), Medicine 1(+3), Search 1 (+1), Climb 5 (+12), Swim 2(+9), Animal Handling 5(+5)

Feats [24pp]: Grappling Finesse, Dodge 2, Defensive roll 2, Improved Grapple, Improved Grab,
Attack Focus - Melee 2, Attacks Spec (thrown) 1, Luck, Crushing Pin, Startle, Takedown Attack 2, Power Attack, All out Attack, Stunning Attack, Improved initiative, Fearless, Interpose, Rage 2 (+4 Strength, +2 Fortitude and Will saves, –2 Defense, extend to 10 rounds), Martial strike 1, Benefits: Zookeeper/Animal Control Officer (though I don’t know yet what this would give)

Combat BDB 3 [6pp] +2Dodge = 5, Defense 15, 12 flatfooted
BAB 4 [8pp]
Attacks: Melee +6 to hit, +8 Unarmed damage (non-lethal);
Thrown object +6 to hit,
Grapple: +13, +16 if using Super strength
Init: +7

Powers
Enhanced Strength 6 [6pp]

Super strength pr 3, Feats: Bracing [7pp+2AP]
AP: Leaping 3 + Speed 2 + Wall crawling 1
AP: Roar: Emotion control, Flaws: limit to Fear, duration-concentration, Extras: Area-Explosion, pr 7
{Polar can call upon the strength in his powerful lungs and the experience of bygone times to channel a predator’s ursine roar that people *feel* causing them to feel panic and possibly flee. [With the Fear power being perception range they don't get a reflex save to halve/avoid the effect (quickly plugging ears doesn't help), Yet the frightful effect still only goes out to Explosion range. DC 17 Will, -1 DC for every 10 feet away. Fort DC 17 to recover from fear each round unless he continues to roar.}

Regeneration: Bruised: 1 round (1pp), Injured: 5 minutes (2pp), Staggered: 20 minutes (1pp), Disabled: 1 hour (2pp), Unconscious: 1 round (1pp); Total: [7pp]

Super-senses: Scent, Extended (smell), (Vulnerability: Strong scents -1) Low-light vision, Feat: Tracking 1, [3pp]
Immunity (half effect): Suffocation {Breath Holding}[1pp]

Protection 3, impervious 4, Drawback: Noticeable {hairy, thickened, white-furred skin} [6pp]
{Impervious 4 still leaves him vulnerable to many firearms or even a moderately strong guy wielding a club.}

Danger Sense (Mental) [1pp]

Complications: Has a protective Heart, Mild Natured, Big and loveable, Likes Kittens,
However, has Anger issues, struggling against the instincts to rend and tear and hunt (feel free to activate his Rage Feats due to this complication as the situation deems).

Carl Roebek: 6foot 8 inches, 280 lbs, large framed,

Carl Roebek only knew that the treatments were supposed to restore his shattered knee and let him play football again. When the Genomex facility where he recovered was attacked by a well meaning Free-Mutants organization he was too loopy from the drugs to resist. They got him away and explained the horrors and illegal experimentation – modern day atrocities.

Carl began helping in their efforts to get mutants to safety. His ursine frame and ferocity assisted the freedom of many.

When their services were no longer needed Carl was stuck looking for a way to contribute to society – something peaceful to help him cope with his own wildness inside. He decided to take a job at a local zoo and sometimes is loaned out to the animal control centers nearby.
Last edited by flynnarrel on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Mark Reuter »

Flynarrel -- you can shave a few points for other abilities because all of your powers except Emotion Control need to be bought down to Concentration duration. It also means that you can get rid of the regeneration of that unconscious condition as well (can't concentrate while in lala land).

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel »

I'll wait to see what the GM thinks.

Didn't Shalimar Fox have inherent abilities that didn't seem to switch off?

Unless you count the fact that they got to do the fun thing with her eyes going catlike. :)

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido »

Actually Emotion Control is the power that needs to be bought down. It is Sustained by default, and I would prefer it to be Concentration or Instant.
The Impervious gives me pause. At rank 4, that mean any attack +3 or less will bounce. I will have to think on that.

I guess I did a poor job of explaining my position on the Powers above Concentration Duration. What I don't want is people walking around immune to damage all the time. I don't mind "Immune to Damage" type abilities, just not something that could be turned on and left on easily.
And I want to limit Psionic type abilities. I don't want people Mind Controlling someone for hours and hours, I want there to be real hard limits. I guess I just haven't explained them very well in the group.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel »

Thanks for the reminder that emotion control was Sustained. Added the Independent modifier to it. Or let me know if you think of a better way to do it.

I think I understood the intent of what you were saying Ken.

Impervious 4: examples
still have to roll for
Heavy pistol and bigger
ST 12 thug with a sword or spear
St 14 thug with club or chain
ST 12 thug with a knife using power attack for 2
Speeding car impact
Stun gun/tazer

but let me know if you want it changed.