scc 3rd Edition Builds: Batmanverse...Tally Man!!

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

scc 3rd Edition Builds: Batmanverse...Tally Man!!

Postby scc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:10 pm

I will be posting builds from comics and other sources like D&D. I will be using Third Edition rules. I will use some feats from second edition however.

Fourth Edition D&D Builds

Basilisk
Behir Stormsteed
Calastryx
Carrion Crawler
Cave Fisher Spiker
Chwidencha
Crocodile God
Demon: Abyssal Scavenger
Demon: Bulezau
Demon, Blood
Demon: Hezrou
Demon: Jarrlak
Demon: Mahataa
Demon: Marilith
Demon: Mavawhan
Demon Ray
Demon: Rutterkin Foot Soldier
Demon: Seszrath
Demon: Shaadee
Demon Spawn Adept
Demon: Vrock
Demon: Wendigo Manhunter
Demon Lord: Kostchtchie
Demon Lord: Oublivae
Demon Lord: Zuggtmoy
Devil, Chain
Devil, Fimbrul
Devil, Hellwasp
Devil, Ice
Devil, Tar(Guard)
Dire Corby
Direhelm
Dracolich Doomlord
Dragon of Tyr
Dread Guardian
Ghoul
Ghoul Flesh Seeker
Giant, Frost Berserker
Girallon Marauder
Grick
Haraevor
Hurly-Burly Brothers
Hydra, Fen
Light of Amoth
Moth, Fear
Mummy, Scroll
Naga, Bone
Ooze, Bloodfire
Razortalon
Rot Harbringer
Scarecrow Guardian
Selephra, the Bramble Queen
Skeletal Tomb Guardian
Skeleton, Bonewretch
Spider, Ambush
Tarrasque
Thoon Hulk
Umber Ravager
Valindra Shadowmantle
Vorkhesis, Master of Fate
Zombie, Black Reaver
Zombie, Skulk

D&D 3.5 Builds
Kuo-Toa Leviathan
Necronaut
Scyllan
Shivhad
The Mother Worm

Pathfinder Builds

Deathweb
Girtablilu
Hippopotamus, Behemoth
Kyton
Mogaru
Retriever
Revenant
Scorpion, Giant
Slug, Giant
Skull Ripper
Snail, Flail
Tarrasque
Thkot Tal
Titan, Elysian

DC Builds (Pre-Crisis)

Cheetah
Validus
Volcano Man

DC Builds (Post-Crisis)

Tally Man
The Architect
Tweedledee & Tweedledum
Velvet Tiger

Marvel Builds

Armless Tiger Man
Baroness Blood
Behemoth
Belladonna
Blackbird
Brain Drain
Captain Rectitude
Chtylok
Crossbones
Dagoth
Doctor Betty
Droog
Fafnir
Fin Fang Foom
Giganto
Hand of Five
King
Lady Bullseye
Locust
Lotus Newmark
N'Gabthoth
Red Ronin
Screwball
Shuma-Gorath
Sin
Sister Agony
Sister Death
Sister Dream
Sister Pleasure
Sligguth
Stained Glass Scarlet
Starchild
Sunset Bain
Surgeon General
Swarm
Taboo
Tamara Rahn
The Bug-Eyed Voice
The Living Totem
Tomazooma
Torg
Trull the Mighty
U-Man
Vienna
Warrior Woman
Yetrigar
Yith

AC Comic Builds
Garganta
Giant Doughgirls
Lady Luger
Titanica
Valkyra

IDW Comic Builds

Major Maxim

M&M 2nd Edition
Berlin Betty (Lockdown)
Blitz (Crooks)
Die Shocktruppen (The Algernon Files-The Fires of War)
Dr. Veronika Von Frankenstein (The Algernon Files-The Fires of War)
Valkyrie (Lockdown Gen-Pop)

Movies & Related Comics
Ilsa Toht (Further Adventures of Indiana Jones)

Groups
Generic
Giant Monsters
Nazis

Conversions to M&M 3rd Edition
Fourth Edition D&D and Pathfinder
Comics
Last edited by scc on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 185 times in total.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: scc builds(Fourth Edition D&D)

Postby scc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:21 pm

FOURTH EDITION D&D CONVERSION TO M&M THIRD EDITION

Most of these notes can work for 3.5 D&D as well. Looking at the measurements table everything falls into a wide range especially as the numbers increase. I noticed the chart follows the old Second Edition M&M chart as far as strength goes using the mandatory super-strength option. Since that chart is the same as the D&D chart it is good to look at. Every +5 ranks in strength in D&D doubles lifting strength and every rank in M&M 3rd Edition doubles lifting strength. So every rank in M&M covers like 5-6 ranks in D&D. So keeping that in mind I use that to figure out damage, skills, attack, initiative, etc. I use the chart below. Strength will be figured out differently. I hope it makes sense.

Rank Bonus/Rank
D&D/ M&M
1-3/ 1-3
4-5/ 4
6-7/ 5
8-9/ 6
10-12/ 7
13-16/ 8
17-19/ 9
20-23/ 10
24-26/ 11
27-30/ 12
31-33/ 13
34-37/ 14
38-40/ 15
41-44/ 16
45-47/ 17
48-51/ 18
52-54/ 19
55-58/ 20
59-61/ 21

So looking at someone like Spider-Man he would have 44-45 strength in D&D and a +17 bonus to damage. Looking at the chart that would convert to 9 in M&M. You could use this chart to convert either way. And like I mentioned I use this for more than just damage.

Defenses and Initiative

I use Hit Points and Armor Class to figure out the toughness save. First I subtract 10 plus the creatures dex or int modifier plus half it’s level to figure out it’s natural armor. Then I divide the HP but ten and round either up or down. Then I add the natural armor and HP/10 and then divide by two. For example:
The Light of Amoth in MM3 has an AC of 40. Subtract 10 plus it’s dexterity and half it’s level (+22) and you get a natural armor of 8. It has 341 HP divided by 10 equals 34. 34+8= 42 divided by 2 gives it a +21 bonus. Look above and that gives it 10 toughness.
For Fortitude and Will subtract 10 and look at the chart to figure out the bonus.
I use the Reflex save minus 10 to figure out Dodge.
I use dexterity plus half the creature’s level to figure out Parry. The Light of Amoth’s +22 bonus would give it 10 Parry.
Use the chart for Initiative as well. The Light of Amoth has +22 Initiative in D&D which converts to a +10 bonus in M&M.

Ability Scores

For ability scores I use the base bonus without the level bonus. Two abilities are figured out differently. For fighting I use the ability bonus for strength plus half level to determine base fighting skill. Of course if it is more than the parry defense I will lower it and just give the character the close attack advantage.
Strength is also figured out differently and I use the max lifting for the character in D&D to figure out where they land in the scale. Most creatures have 2-3 strength at least and usually max out at 8-9. Also quadrupeds will increase lifting by 25%.
Also the dexterity stat in D&D is used to figure out both agility and dexterity in M&M. Though I will lower agility in some case to get the initiative I want the character to have.

Skills and Advantages

Every creature has a bunch of skills equal to it’s ability modifier plus half it’s level. Plus a couple skills it is trained in. I only use the skills that appear in D&D. Though a few skills I will not use if the creature isn’t intelligent. Like any intellect skills or deception and persuasion. All creatures can use the intimidate skill however. Creatures also will have bonuses to certain fighting skills depending on there powers.
Most advantages that are used are close attack, range attack, improved initiative, and languages. I also use the toughness feat from second edition to show a creature’s innate toughness.

Powers

A lot of powers in D&D cause a target to change positions or shift. Now if I figure the power is purely physical then I won’t figure it into the power since basically you could call it knockback. However if that power is psychic in nature and is used to bring the character closer for example I will use it.
Affliction is a great power to use because powers in D&D cause the target to be stunned, proned, hindered, etc. In D&D for example a power which is +32 against fortitude(13 in M&M) and the character is immobilized. Most D&D afflictions will be limited to limited degrees plus limited to one condition in certain circumstances.
For damage I use the average and look at the chart above. So for instance a power does 4d10 + 20
would average 40 damage in D&D which would be 15 damage in M&M. Also I use the upgraded Damage rules in D&D for older monsters.
Some powers in D&D have no rank so I will make it equal to another similar ability or make it equal to the monster’s PL. All a judgement call here.
A lot of monsters have immunities. Some are even constructs. However these creatures I do not give immunity fortitude. The creatures in D&D do not have that or have it in limited degrees like high resistance to necrotic effects. Undead are not immune to necrotic effects. They have other immunities like sleep, poison and disease.
Resist in D&D is impervious in M&M. So resist 10 in D&D would allow a creature to resist 7 ranks of damage in M&M or 13 impervious. If you are using second edition M&M that would be 7 impervious.
Growth and shrinking do not do much in D&D besides increase or decrease reach and how much space you take up. However I do subtract or add bonuses to the D&D ability before figuring it out in M&M. For example the Light of Amoth is Large and would subtract -2 from defenses. So for dodge I would subtract 12 from it’s reflex which is 41. It would then have 29 and looking at the chart would have a 12 after figuring growth minuses in. Also would do the same for stealth and intimidation.
One power I do add to some monsters is additional limbs. I know in M&M that provides a bonus to grappling but I also think it can provide bonuses to other things like resisting tripping. Depends on what the additional limbs are.
Also a lot of powers have big limitations. Like only once per encounter which I count as a -2 limitation. Certain powers like impervious(fire only) would be a -3 limitation.
Some powers have limitations that can only be used if the monster has combat advantage. Monsters get combat advantage if the enemy is blind, dazed, helpless(defenseless), prone, restrained, stunned, and surprised. It also includes if the target is balancing, climbing, flanked, running at full speed(double move), or whatever other condition where a character can't pay full attention to defense.

Pathfinder Conversion and D&D 3.5 to M&M Third Edition

These notes can work for D&D 3.5 as well. Looking at the measurements table everything falls into a wide range especially as the numbers increase. I noticed the chart follows the old Second Edition M&M chart as far as strength goes using the mandatory super-strength option. Since that chart is the same as the D&D chart it is good to look at. Every +5 ranks in strength in D&D doubles lifting strength and every rank in M&M 3rd Edition doubles lifting strength. So every rank in M&M covers like 5-6 ranks in Pathfinder. So keeping that in mind I use that to figure out damage, skills, attack, initiative, etc. I use the chart below. Strength will be figured out differently.

Rank Bonus/Rank
Pathfinder/ M&M
1-3/ 1-3
4-5/ 4
6-7/ 5
8-9/ 6
10-12/ 7
13-16/ 8
17-19/ 9
20-23/ 10
24-26/ 11
27-30/ 12
31-33/ 13
34-37/ 14
38-40/ 15
41-44/ 16
45-47/ 17
48-51/ 18
52-54/ 19
55-58/ 20
59-61/ 21

Defenses and Initiative

I use Hit Points and Natural Armor to figure out the toughness save. I divide the HP by ten and round either up or down. Then I add the natural armor and HP/10 and then divide by two. Use that number to check the chart above. Both Hit Points and Natural Armor determine if you hurt somebody so I figured I would use the average of the two. Initially I thought about dividing by 7 since that is the number of strength increments in Pathfinder which is one rank in M&M. For example M&M rank 10 covers strength increments 50-57 in Pathfinder. But I went with ten for a nice round number. Recently I have been looking at the Pathfinder OGL and tried this formula on object strength. Mithral has a hardness of 15(I know hardness is like Damage Resistance but an alternate rule in Pathfinder used Armor and Natural Armor as DR and HP as vitality points) and 30 HP per inch. So 15 plus 30/10 equals 18/2 equals 9. Look at the chart and 9 gives you 6 toughness. If you double the thickness you get 15 plus 60/10 equals 21/2 equals 10 which is 7 toughness in M&M. I am no expert about Mithral in Pathfinder but the converted toughness is pretty good.
For Fortitude and Will subtract 10 and look at the chart to figure out the bonus. I will also average out Will and Fortitude with HP but only against damaging effects. Most creatures stay the same or within one point whether I subtract 10 and look at the chart or average it out with HP. I figured a creature like the Terrasque shouldn’t be easy to put down with a psychic blast.
I use the Reflex save minus 10 to figure out Dodge.
I use Base Fighting to figure out Parry.
Use the chart for Initiative as well.

Ability Scores

For ability scores I use the base bonus. Strength is figured out differently and I use the max lifting for what a character can lift off the ground which is double on the Heavy Lifting Scale. Giants and quadrupeds can lift more and this will add to the strength stat or be converted to power lifting depending on how much damage they do. The dexterity stat in D&D is used to figure out both agility and dexterity in M&M. Though I will lower agility in some case to get the initiative I want the character to have.

Skills and Advantages

Skills are pretty easy just check the total skill bonus with the chart. At times I will have a limited skill bonus like athletics-climbing only.
Most advantages that are used are close attack, range attack, improved initiative, and languages. I also use the toughness feat from second edition to show a creature’s innate toughness.

Powers

For damage I use the average and look at the chart above. So for instance a power does 4d10 + 20
would average 40-42 damage in D&D which would be 15 damage in M&M.
Resist in D&D is impervious in M&M. So resist 10 in D&D would allow a creature to resist 7 ranks of damage in M&M or 13 impervious. If you are using second edition M&M that would be 7 impervious.
One power I do add to some monsters is additional limbs. I know in M&M that provides a bonus to grappling but I also think it can provide bonuses to other things like resisting tripping. Depends on what the additional limbs are.A power a lot of magical creatures have is spell resistance. This is similar to power resistance in second edition. It is a reactive nullify power at personal range. I also put effortless on it since the character with spell resistance should be able to do it over and over without extra effort.
Also a lot of powers have big limitations. Like only once per encounter which I count as a -2 limitation. Once per day would be a -3 limitation. Certain powers like impervious(fire only) would also be a -3 limitation.

Misc

Pathfinder has CMB(Combat Maneuver Bonus) and CMD(Combat Maneuver Defense). M&M has no rules for this but it wouldn’t be hard to convert. CMB and CMD deal with special maneuvers like trip, grapple, disarm etc. Some creatures have bonuses versus certain maneuvers and I will treat these as a skill bonus limited versus that attack or whatever other trait might work. I will only do this if the bonus to CMD versus a certain attack is significant.
Last edited by scc on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Marvel Conversion Notes

I will try to make my Marvel conversions compatible with DC characters. Most characters in the DC books I have no problem with the stats and I will use them to gauge certain abilities. For instance I have no problem with Nightwing's Dodge and Parry and use that to figure out other characters who are good at avoiding attacks. I would consider Spider-Man better and daredevil equal for instance. I would consider Batman and Bane having the best Fortitude among normal humans. Characters will not always meet their caps though I will try but not force it. Trying to make them comic accurate from my point of view.

Skills
I like using expertise to distinguish some characters even though some would not be equal to other skills. I also use limited on skills like Vehicles depending on the individual.

Advantages
I use some feats from second edition and will probably add more as I figure which ones are compatible and not broken. These are what I use so far:
Tough-+1 to Toughness saves per rank.
Withstand damage-Reduce active defenses to increase Toughness.
Last edited by scc on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 11 times in total.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:51 pm

Blood Demon
PL 10

Abilities
Strength 5, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 7, Intellect -4, Awareness 3, Presence 0

Powers
Blood Demon Traits:
Blood Call: Damage 10 [Alt Resistance(Fortitude), Area(Burst), Linked(Blood Call Affliction); Limited(Needs time to recharge); Diminished Range(15 ft)]
Blood Call: Affliction 8 [Resisted by Fortitude, Compelled; Area(Burst), Linked(Blood Call Damage); Limited Degree, Limited(Needs time to recharge), Limited(Compelled only), Limited(One order to move closer to Blood Demon); Diminished Range(15 ft)]
Blood Frenzy: Enhanced Trait 1 [Fighting; Limited(Only if someone is severely injured within 50 ft) ]
Demon: Immunity 1 [Sleep]
Low-Light Vision: Senses 1
Ooze: Insubstantial 1 [Fluid Blood; Innate]
Slam: Damage 5 [Strength-based]
Speed 1 [4 MPH]
Variable Resistance: Variable 1 [Various impervious protection after being exposed to an attack. Equal to toughness rank.; Action(Free); Limited(Impervious protection only), Limited(Acid, Cold, Fire, Lightning and Thunder only), Limited(Only twice per encounter); Quirk(Cannot switch to previous protection after switching to new one)]

Advantages
Tough 3 [+1 bonus to Toughness per rank.]
Improved Initiative 1

Skills
Athletics 2 (+7), Close Combat: Slam 2 (+9), Insight 3 (+6), Intimidation 5 (+5), Perception 3 (+6), Stealth 4 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +7
Blood Call Damage 10, Area Burst(15 ft), Resisted by Fortitude
Blood Call Affliction 8, Area Burst(15 ft), Resisted by Fortitude, Compelled
Slam +9(+10 with Blood Frenzy), Damage 10

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7
Toughness 7, Fortitude 8, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 29 + Advantages 4 + Skills 10 + Defenses 13 = Total 100

Complications
Obsession: Will go out of it's way to run down a bloody and badly injured foe.
Power Loss: Blood Call will not work on those without blood.

Design Notes
This is a Fourth Edition Blood Demon. They spawn in the snaking Blood River. They go out of there way to go after a character that is injured no matter who or what it is. Offensively it is PL 10 thanks to it's slam attack with blood frenzy or blood call. Defensively it is only PL 7 though it can gain impervious toughness thanks to variable resistance. A very dangerous enemy since it will continue to attack characters that are really injured ignoring all others.
Last edited by scc on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:16 pm

Bonewretch Skeleton
PL 7

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 5, Fighting 2, Intellect -2, Awareness 2, Presence -2

Powers
Bonewretch Traits:
Ankle Bite: Strike 4 [Strength-based; Linked(Ankle Bite Affliction]
Ankle Bite: Affliction 6 [Resisted by Toughness, Hindered; Alt Resistance(Toughness), Linked(Ankle Bite Strike); Instant Recovery, Limited Degrees]
Darkvision: Senses 2
Necrotic Protection: Protection 5 [Limited(Necrotic Only)]
Necrotic Resistance: Impervious Toughness 13 [Limited(Necrotic Only)]
Rattling Shift: Movement 2 [Sure-footed]
Speed 1 [4 MPH]
Small Natural Animate: Shrinking 4 [Innate]
Undead: Immunity 6 [Disease, Poison, Sleep, Starvation and Thirst, Suffocation Effects]

Advantages
Improved Initiative 1

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics (+2), Close Combat: Bite 4 (+6), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation 4 (+0), Perception 2 (+4), Stealth 1 (+8)

Offense
Initiative +7
Ankle Bite Strike +6, Damage 6
Ankle Bite Affliction +6, Rank 6, Resisted by Toughness, Hindered

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7
Toughness 2, Fortitude 5, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 30 + Advantages 1 + Skills 8 + Defenses 11 = Total 76

Complications
Disability: Cannot speak.
Weakness: Takes extra damage from Radiant attacks.

Design Notes
This is a D&D Fourth Edition Bonewretch Skeleton. Offensively it is PL 6 thanks to it's ankle bite. Defensively it is PL 7 thanks to it's necrotic resistance. It likes to move around and bite character's ankles, which can hinder them shortly. After an attack it will move to attack another character using it's speed and rattling shift to get to them.
Last edited by scc on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Cave Fisher Spiker
PL 6

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 1, Agility 0, Dexterity 3, Fighting 3, Intellect -4, Awareness 1, Presence -3

Powers
Cave Fisher Spiker Traits:
Filament Wrap: Blast 4 [Linked(Filament Wrap Snare), Secondary Effect; Limited(Needs time to recharge), Limited(Only if affliction caused the target to be immobile); Diminished Range -3]
Filament Wrap: Snare 6 [Resisted by Dodge, Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile; Linked(Filament Wrap Damage), Progressive; Limited(Needs time to recharge); Diminished Range -3]
Alt: Filament Spike: Blast 6 [Diminished Range -3]
Pincers: Strike 3 [Strength-based]
Sniper: Feature 1 [Whenever a Spiker makes a range attack while hidden and misses it remains hidden.] Spider Climb: Movement 2 [Wall-Crawling]
Extra Limbs 3 [Noselike appendage, legs; Innate]

Advantages
Tough 1 [+1 bonus to Toughness per rank.]
Improved Initiative 1

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+4), Athletics (+3), Close Combat: Pincers 3 (+6), Insight 1 (+2), Intimidation 1 (-2), Perception 1 (+2), Ranged Combat: Filament 3 (+6), Stealth 6 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +4
Pincers +6, Damage 6
Filament Spike +6, Damage 6
Filament Wrap Snare +6, Rank 6, Resisted by Dodge, Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile
Filament Wrap Damage +6, Damage 4, Secondary Effect

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4
Toughness 2, Fortitude 4, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 8 + Powers 37 + Advantages 2 + Skills 10 + Defenses 10 = Total 67

Complications
Addiction: Cave Fishers are driven by hunger and can be distracted by food.

Design Notes
This is a D&D Fourth Edition Cave Fisher Spiker. Offensively it is PL 6 thanks to it's pincers and filament attacks. Defensively it is only PL 3.5 due to fortitude and will. They hide in caves and shoot filament from range that immobilizes and bores into the skin as it constricts. They go after immobilized characters first. They can be baited with food to come to a location and serve as guardians to that place provided they have a constant food source.
Last edited by scc on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Chain Devil
PL 9

Abilities
Strength 4, Stamina 5, Agility 4, Dexterity 5, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Powers
Hellish Abilities:
Devil: Immunity 1 [Sleep]
Shift: Feature 1 [Move 5 feet as reaction to melee atack; Linked Dance of Defiance]
Dance of Defiance: Immunity 20 [Melee Attacks; Linked Shift; Sustained, Reaction(When targeted by melee attack), Limited (Needs to recharge by using chains of vengeance or after short rest), Limited (Only if out of range after shifting)]
Fire Resistance: Impervious Toughness 19 [Limited to fire]
Fire Protection: Protection 5 [Limited to Fire]
Immortal: Immunity 1 [Aging]
Speed 1 [4 MPH]
Supernal: Comprehend 4

Tormentor's Tools:
Removable (-4 points)
Chains of Vengeance: Strike 5 [Strength-base; Action Free, Multiattack; Limited (When Chain Devil is really hurt), Limited (Once per encounter); Reach 1, Feature: Can only be used by a Chain Devil]
Hellish Chains: Affliction 8 [Close Snare, Resisted by Dodge(Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized); Alt Resistance, Cumalative Affliction, Extra Condition; Limited Degree, Limited one target at a time]
Spiked Chain: Strike 5 [Strength-base, Multiattack; Reach 1]

Advantages
Improved Initiative 1

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 2 (+6), Close Combat: Chains 2 (+8), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise: Arcana 3 (+5), Expertise: Dungeoneering 3 (+5), Expertise: History of the Realms 3 (+5), Expertise: Survival 3 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+5), Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 3 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +8
Spiked Chain +8, Damage 9, Multiattack
Hellish Chains +8, Rank 8, Close Snare, Resisted by Dodge(Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile)

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 7
Toughness 5, Fortitude 7, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 58 + Powers 48 + Advantages 1 + Skills 22 + Defenses 11 = Total 140

Complications
Enemies: Demons, those with doing good motivation.
Motivation: Adding to Nine Hell's power by capturing and consuming mortal souls.
Sadistic: Enjoys capturing and torturing foes.

Design Notes
This is a D&D Fourth Edition Chain Devil. Offensively it is PL 8.5 using it's chains and defensively it is PL 9 due to it's fire immunity. It's main weapon is it's chains that are hard to remove due to the chains being wrapped around it's body. It can use them to strike or ensnare an opponent. Defensively it is highly immune to fire and uses Dance of Defiance to avoid melee attacks. This is a immediate interrupt power which allows it to move before the attack gets there. This is represented by immunity melee attacks. But anyone who has a reach longer than five feet can still hit the Kyton since it only shifts five feet from previous position. Chain Devils enjoy capturing foes and killing them slowly.
Last edited by scc on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: scc builds(Fourth Edition D&D Monster Builds)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:39 pm

Yay, scc is building and he's giving some love to the much maligned D&D 4E!

Digging the stuff, dude. Keep up the good work. I hope I can still lure back to work for the J-Mart franchise part time once I get ready to hire again. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: scc builds(Fourth Edition D&D Monster Builds)

Postby scc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Thanks Thorp. Don't worry I will still work for J-Mart as long as the pay is still the same. :wink:

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: scc 3rd Edition Builds(Fourth Edition D&D Monster Builds)

Postby scc » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:48 pm

Ixitxachitl Demon Ray
PL 6

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 4, Fighting 4, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Powers
Aquatic:
Aquatic: Movement 1 [Enviromental Adaption Underwater; Innate], Immunity 1 [Drowning]
Swim: Swimming 3 [4 MPH]

Demon Ray:
Bite: Strike 4 [Strength-based]
Demon: Immunity 1 [Sleep]
Fly: Flight 1 [Limited(Wings), Limited(Can only fly at flight 0 speed)]
Tail Barbs Poison: Affliction 5 [Poison, Resisted by Fortitude, Hindered; Linked(Tail Barbs Strike); Instant Recovery, Limited Degrees, Limited(Needs time to recharge, and recharges when demon ray is initially really hurt)]
Tail Barbs Strike: Strike 4 [Strength-based; Linked(Tail Barbs Poison); Limited(Needs time to recharge, and recharges when demon ray is initially really hurt)]

Advantages
Favored Environment 1 [Circumstance bonus underwater]
Tough 2 [+1 bonus to Toughness per rank.]
Improved Initiative 1
Languages 0 [Abyssal]

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+7), Athletics 3 (+6), Close Combat: Bite 1 (+5), Deception 1 (+1), Expertise: Arcana 1 (+3), Expertise: History of the Realms 1 (+3), Expertise: Survival 1 (+3), Insight 1 (+3), Intimidation 1 (+1), Perception 1 (+3), Persuasion 1 (+1), Stealth 6 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +5
Bite +5(+7 Attack while in water), Damage 7
Tail Barbs Strike +4(+6 Attack while in water), Damage 7
Tail Barbs Poison +4(+6 Attack while in water), Damage 5

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 4
Toughness 3, Fortitude 2, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 18 + Advantages 4 + Skills 12 + Defenses 8 = Total 76

Complications
Addiction: Craving for mortal flesh.
Disability: Cannot move while out of water.
Enemy: Hate Sahuagin.
Loyalty: Faithful servants of Demogorgon.

Design Notes
This is a D&D Fourth Edition Demon Ray. Offensively it can be PL 7 while in water thanks to it's bite and tail barbs. Defensively it is only PL 4.5 and does not use favored enviroment to boost it's defense. It likes to hide and take it's enemies by surprise. As Demons go they are weak but cunning.
Last edited by scc on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ilethryl Knight
Superhero
Superhero

Postby The Ilethryl Knight » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Cool D&D monster conversions! Can't wait to see more.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:50 am

Ambush Spider
PL 5.5

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 0, Agility 2, Dexterity 3, Fighting 2, Intellect -3, Awareness 2, Presence -2

Powers
Ambush Spider Traits:
Speed 1 [4 MPH]
Spider Climb: Movement 2 [Wall-Crawling]
Tremorsense: Senses 4 [Accurate(Tactile), Extended, Ranged]
Venomous Bite: Strike 3 [Strength-based; Linked(Venomous Bite Affliction), Secondary Effect(4 Ranks)], Venomous Bite: Affliction 5 [Resisted by Fortitude, Hindered, Immobile; Linked(Venomous Bite Strike); Limited Degree]
Extra Limbs 4 [Innate]

Advantages
Tough 2 [+1 bonus to Toughness per rank.]
Improved Initiative 1

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+6), Athletics (+3), Close Combat: Bite 3 (+5), Insight 1 (+3), Intimidation 1 (-1), Perception 4 (+6), Stealth 4 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +6
Venomous Bite Strike +5, Damage 6, Secondary Effect(4 Ranks)
Venomous Bite Affliction +5, Rank 5, Resisted by Fortitude, Hindered, Immobile

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4
Toughness 2, Fortitude 2, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 14 + Powers 24 + Advantages 3 + Skills 9 + Defenses 7 = Total 57

Complications
Disability: No hands.
Power Loss: Tremorsense does not work beyond 25 feet.

Design Notes
This is a D&D Fourth Edition Ambush Spider. It likes to hide and waits to pounce on it's prey. Offensively it is PL 5.5 thanks to it's bite. Defensively it is not very tough and only PL 3. It will try to hide again once it attacks and allows it's poison from it's bite to take effect.
Last edited by scc on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:05 am

Direhelm
PL 10

Abilities
Strength 5, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 7, Intellect -1, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Powers
Two Longswords:
Easily Removable (-2 points)
Grave Strike: Strike 3 [Strength-based, Necrotic; Area(Burst), Linked(Grave Strike Affliction) ; Limited(Recharges when hurt badly); Diminished Range(6 ft), Feature(Power can only be used by Direhelm)]
Grave Strike
: Affliction 10 [Resisted by Toughness, Prone; Area(Burst), Linked(Grave Strike Strike); Limited(Recharges when hurt badly), Limited Degree(Prone Only); Diminished Range(6 ft), Feature(Power can only be used by Direhelm)]
Longsword: Strike 5 [Strength-based]

Direhelm Traits:
Necrotic Resistance: Impervious Toughness 15 [Limited(Necrotic Only)]
Necrotic Protection: Protection 1 [Limited(necrotic Only)]
Piercing Vision: Senses 3 [Counters Concealment(Visual Invisibility), Extended; Action(Free), Limited(Needs time to recharge)]
Undead: Immunity 5 [Disease, Poison, Sleep, Suffocation Effects]

Advantages
Tough 3 [+1 bonus to Toughness per rank.]
Improved Initiative 1
Close Attack 1

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 3 (+8), Close Combat: Longswords 2 (+10), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise: Arcana 6 (+5), Expertise: Dungeoneering 5 (+6), Expertise: History of the Realms 6 (+5), Insight 5 (+6), Intimidation 4 (+6), Perception 5 (+6), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 3 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +8
Grave Strike 8, Area Burst(6 ft)
Grave Strike Affliction 10, Area Burst(6ft), Resisted by Toughness, Prone
Longsword +10, Damage 10

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 7
Toughness 7, Fortitude 9, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 20 + Advantages 5 + Skills 23 + Defenses 17 = Total 117

Complications
Disability: Direhelms cannot speak.
Power Loss: Piercing Vision does not work beyond 50 feet.
Responsibility: Serve the secret kingdom of the dead.
Weakness: Takes 1.5X damage from Radiant attacks.

Design Notes
This is a Fourth Edition Direhelm. Offensively it is PL 10 thanks to it's Longswords and area attacks. Defensively it is PL 8.5 thanks to it's necrotic resistance. Direhelms serve the secret kingdom of the dead. They will fight to the death. It uses area attacks when surrounded and focuses on prone targets.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:50 am

Chwidencha
PL 9.5

Abilities
Strength 5, Stamina 4, Agility 2, Dexterity 3, Fighting 6, Intellect -4, Awareness 3, Presence -2

Powers
The Shunned:
Climb: Movement 2 [Wall-Crawling]
Claws: Strike 5 [Strength-based]
Alt: Impaling Claws: Strike 3 [Strength-based; Fast Grab]
Scuttling: Movement 2 [Sure-Footed]
Scuttling Charge: Damage 6 [Strength-based; Limited (Only when charging), Limited(Once per encounter)] Spider Limbs: Extra Limbs 6
Tremorsense: Senses 4 [Accurate(Tactile), Extended, Ranged]

Advantages
Close Attack 1
Improved Initiative 1
Languages 1 [Base:Elven, Common]
Tough 3 [+1 bonus to Toughness per rank]

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+6), Athletics 2 (+7), Close Combat: Claws 2 (+9), Close Combat: Charge 1 (+8), Insight 3 (+6), Intimidation 6 (+4), Perception 3 (+6), Stealth 6 (+8)

Offense
Initiative +6
Claws +9, Damage 10
Impaling Claws +9, Damage 8, Fast Grab
Scuttling Charge +8, Damage 11

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 6
Toughness 7, Fortitude 8, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 28 + Advantages 6 + Skills 14 + Defenses 13 = Total 95

Complications
Enemy: Drow society will kill shunned on sight.
Loyalty: Deeply devoted to Lolth.
Phobia: When presented with a symbol or likeness of Lolth a shunned may run especially if it is hurt.
Power Loss: Tremorsense does not work beyond 50 feet.

Design Notes
This is a Fourth Edition Chwidencha. Offensively it is PL 9.5 thanks to it's claws and scuttling charge. Defensively it is PL 7.5 thanks to it's will and fortitude. It charges at the closest player and uses it's many claws to impale a target and pull it closer. They are deeply loyal to Lolth.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Fen Hydra
PL 9.5

Abilities
Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 7, Intellect -4, Awareness 2, Presence -1

Powers
Hydra Traits:
All-Around Vision: Senses 4 [Visual Acute, Accurate, Radius]
Hydra Fury: Strike 4 [Strength-based ; Multiattack; Reach 1, Split 3]
Large Natural Beast: Growth 4 [Permanent; Innate]
Many-Headed: Extra Limbs [3 Extra Heads; Innate]
Swim: Swimming 3 [4 MPH]

Advantages
Extraordinary Effort
Improved Initiative 1
Tough 8 [+1 bonus to Toughness per rank]

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics 3 (+7), Close Combat: Hydra Fury 2 (+9), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+8), Stealth 8 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +7
Hydra Fury +9, Damage 8, Multiattack, Reach 1, Split 3

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 5
Toughness 12, Fortitude 8, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 33 + Advantages 10 + Skills 15 + Defenses 15 = Total 93

Complications
Disability: The Fen Hydra has no arms.
Power Loss: If the Fen Hydra is dazed or worse the amount of attacks it can make with Hydra Fury is limited.

Design Notes
This is a Fourth Edition Fen Hydra. It attacks with it's many heads and is hard to catch off guard due to it's all around vision. Offensively it is power level 8.5 due to it's bite. Defensively it is 9.5 due to it's high toughness bonus from being a solo monster. It hides in bogs hoping to surprise prey and uses extraordinary effort to use it's Hydra Fury twice in a round.

Return to “Roll Call”