The New FORCE Ops [IC: 8]: The World of Shadows

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
starfoxx70
Zealot
Zealot
Location: Springtucky Ohio [near the land of ink, just on the other side of reality.]

Re: The New FORCE Ops [IC: 2]: A 4-Letter Word

Post by starfoxx70 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:05 am

Abaddon / Thomas Lee Alexander Jr.
H.P. = 1
Cond. =

I am Editing the last part of my post.
As Tom pulled out of the dive from his sub-orbital burn, he could see the Tower. It still looked like a penis to him. He slowed his flight so that he could fly into the garage with out too many people seeing him.

He took the elevator to the Force Ops floor. Getting off the lift he walked around the corner and walked up the stairs. At the 18th floor he looked in the kitchen area to see who was still there and who wasn’t. Utu was there but had a thousand mile stare. He couldn’t see anyone else there. Looking over at the counter, all the breakfast food he had cooked looked like it was still there. He was little irked that no one had touched the food but then it left a lot for him to eat. He reheated the food and plowed thru it all, plus two pots of coffee. The only thing that he didn’t ouch was the doughnuts, and that was because he had taken them down to Vivian’s desk. After he was done eating, he went to his room and took a long shower. After that was done he went to the Entertainment Room to watch whatever was on the TV and with who ever was there.
All any one can be is the best you that you can be, can anyone Imagine trying to be me?

Ri Gou/ Hong Kong Action
Abaddon / Force OPs

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 pm

K-9

Condition: okey dokey HP 1

Rex took an long run and the worked out on the weight machines until he was panting so hard drool trailed from his tongue. Afterward he went to his room and got his bandolier and put it on. That was should any sort of crisis come up, he was in his super-hero suit and ready for action. Finally he went into the rec room and plopped down on the floor. Grabbing the remote, he flipped on the television.

It took a couple of minutes for him to find what he wanted, but, he finally did. He wasn't certain where the channel was broadcasting from....somewhere in India or Pakistan he thought, but, it was hard to be sure. All that really mattered was it played a gem of a cartoon he had discovered by accident. he was pretty sure it was American because it was in english, subtitled in some language he didn't understand, but, he was certain it was old. Of all the people in the headquarters, only Utu-wizard seemed to remember it well. the Alpha had vague recollections, something about nieces and nephews...whatever those were. then the theme song came on and he had to sing along quietly....

"Lassie's....rooooooaaaooooorrr.....Lassie's rescue rangers!"
BTW- There really was such a cartoon. I watched it when I was a kid. It featured lassie, a group of human back-country rescue personnel and a mountain lion with no teeth.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:00 am

At about 8 am Vivian arrived, looking surprised to find that so many of you are already awake and gathered around the TV but says nothing and goes about her business of logging into her computers and digging into the paperwork that was piled up on her desk. About ten minutes later Ethan arrives accompanied by a younger Asian man that was dressed in an all dark suit jacket with a stripped white shirt. Neither says a word as they go directly into Ethan’s office, shutting the door behind them. Its twenty minutes later when Vivian’s voice comes across the communicators.
“The AEGIS agent is here, Ethan wants everyone in the conference room in fifteen minutes. Full gear for those of you that want to wear it, but it’s your call.”

As you enter the conference room Ethan is in his usual seat and the Asian man is sitting in the seat across from where Vivian normally sits, if anyone gives him any kind of a greeting he simply gives a smile that reveals a set of perfectly white and straight teeth in return. Once everyone has taken a seat the Asian man stand up and begins to talk. “Hello everyone, I’m Ryan Lin.” He starts walking around the table, taking the time to look each of you in the eye, his winning smile fixed on his face. “All of you know I’m from AEGIS and that I’m a psionic, but I want to make it clear that I’m not interested in whatever you have held inside your head aside from what happened to you missing teammate so any secrets you have are perfectly safe.”

Lin pulls out a remote from a pocket and pushes a button which brings the screens out from the walls and table; various images of the fight at the parade are on them. Shots of K9, Abaddon, Eve and Dovetail fighting the White Knight all from various distances and angles, while some of the other pictures are of Utu and H4ck dealing with Worth and his men. All in all the pictures pretty much show how the two fights progressed, even showing H4ck’s last dealings with Worth before his disappearance with the large display of energy surrounding the two of them.

“What I need from all of you now is to take a moment and think over the last few moments of that fight: the sights, the smells, the feelings you experienced. All of them are important in some minor way, as I’m sure some of you realize but there are certain details that you may have witnessed that you don’t understand the importance of and that is why I was asked to lend a hand. Here in a moment I’m going to enter everyone’s mind, with all of you focusing on those events it will be easier for me to put together a psychic collage and gain a better understanding of what happened.”

By this point Lin has walked around the table and came back to the head of the table, his smile still in place and somehow managing to look even friendlier than it had at first.

“Now, let us begin. Everyone simply relax and think about the fight, just let your thoughts flow naturally as you run through those events. Nothing is trivial, nothing is useless.”

After several minutes of Lin asking various questions he finally calls for everyone to relax. Somehow during that time everyone has closed their eyes and when they open them there is an image hovering above the table of H4ck’s last moments with Worth and the last time he had been seen. But it’s not like a picture, it’s really more like a movie showing all the movements and a hushed series of sounds accompanying it. It goes from when H4ck was on top of Worth with a large display of purple energy to when H4ck climbed off him and walked towards the rest of the team, trying to talk then his coming apart into flakes of energy that spread out over each and every one.

For his part Lin says nothing for a moment as he studies the illusion, which seems to be his creation as he periodically points at the mental creation and the image halts then rewinds then replays itself at his whim. “Hmmmm, interesting. I didn’t realize that young man had that kind of talent, shame on T.K. for not telling me about that.” This goes on for about another minute before Ethan coughs which calls Lin’s attention to him. “Ah, sorry. Back on track now.”

Lin turns his full attention back on the group, though the illusion remains playing overtop the table. “According to what I’ve been told part of H4ck’s abilities allow him to take possession of people and I believe that he performed a kind of psychic surgery on Worth but that exertion left him more drained than he was ready to deal with and ]since H4ck’s mental state dictates his physical condition his body came undone and seeking refuge. I believe that some of you might have experienced an odd dream or two last night? Possibly at the same time?”

At the odd looks some of you give Lin nods his head like he had been expecting that kind of answer. “I see, well that‘s good news. That means that H4ck is recovering and trying to pull himself together, now we just need to give him a bit of help. I will need each of you that had a dream that was about H4ck last night to recall as much of it as you can as I work to locate his essence that he placed in you and help him to reform himself. I will warn you that it will be somewhat uncomfortable but not unduly painful, something akin to a slight hangover at worst.” Lin’s smile fades slightly at this, “I am sorry for that, now let us begin.”

Almost immediately each of you can feel an odd sensation that is difficult to explain, perhaps the best way to describe it is like trying to recall memories from a night of heavy drinking or high stress situation as you try to recall the dreams of the night before but there is a new part to them: Lin is now in each and everyone of them, though he says nothing and doesn’t interact in any way.

As the dreams continue to play on, repeating again and again a purple energy starts to manifest around each of you and Lin begins to direct it with subtle motions of his hands. Guiding it from each of you to above the table as the illusion fades away to make room for the energy, which expands and contracts in a steady rhythm that reminds you of a pulse almost but clearly with a pattern all it’s own. Eventually the energy has taken a circular shape that is about three feet in diameter as the tethers from each of you finally ends, flowing up to the collected energy which begins to take a man-like shape. Which is smaller at first, almost child-like in stature but quickly growing larger easily becoming the size of a full-grown man. The details of the body at first are generic, simply like in an anatomy book but it soon becomes more defined, with clothing forming as well as the features become more and more defined eventually becoming H4ck’s. His body lowers easily to the top of the table as it becomes more solid evidenced by a slight creaking of the table at the addition of the added weight. H4ck seems to be asleep as his eyes are closed and his chest moves in and out like he is breathing normally though it is a slow and steady rhythm, which is a good sign.

Lin breaks the silence with his heavy breathing as he guides himself back to the chair he’d been sitting in. For the most part he looks fine though he is now covered in a light sheen of sweat from his efforts and if anyone goes to check on him he waves them off. “I’m fine, make sure your friend is alright.”

Ethan wastes no time as he takes charge. “Magnus get H4ck to the infirmary so we can check him over.” With that the older man makes his way out of the conference room and towards the stairway as the Magnus carefully picks H4ck up and carries him out the room following Ethan’s directions. Eventually between Ethan and Magnus using the automated systems in the infirmary it is found that H4ck is as healthy as he was when he joined the team the day before. Though he is still sleeping which Lin assures everyone is simply a matter of his mind recovering from the shock of pushing himself so far and then splitting his mind into so many pieces then going through the recombination. At worst it will be the next day before H4ck is able to move around under his own ability, but even then he should be careful and make sure that his body was fully recovered. With that Lin takes his leave of the Anders Building, leaving you to sort out the details.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Dovetail: Susan West

Susan did attend the meeting in full uniform, she didn’t even think twice about it, she didn’t have a dress uniform like she had in the service but she still didn’t like taking meetings out of uniform. It just felt inappropriate to her. The Agent AEGIS sent over was not what she was expecting and caused her to feel even older than her own team made her feel. He was talented though, he knew what he was doing and before long they were all recalling the events of the day before and H4ck was reforming on the conference room table.

Magnus was ordered to carry H4ck to the infirmary, a room that they had been fortunate enough to not need to use as of yet. Susan looked around the room at her teammates who were pretty much left to do what they pleased. “I’m going to the infirmary with H4ck.” She said, “At least until he wakes up.”

She stood up and hesitated for a second before she left the room without another word and headed downstairs, taking them one at a time, not in a hurry to get there as she took some deep breaths headed to the infirmary. By the time she made it to the room H4ck was lying in bed still out with the various machines attached to him. It was a little fancier than the hospitals that she had been in and infinitely nicer than a few infirmaries that she had spent some time in.

She grabbed one of those rolling doctor stools from the corner and took a seat, with a kick she rolled it across the room and next to the bed. Or at least that was her intent in truth her cape caught underneath it a few feet into the roll and it stopped short and she very nearly fell off of it. She had to get up and then crouch down to yank her cape free from the wheel before she then took the seat again, this time sitting on her cape so it didn’t quite hang that low. This time she made it next to his bed. She whispered to the unconscious man, “Glad I didn’t actually fall over there, I have a concussion grenade in my pocket… That could’ve been messy.”
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:01 pm

K-9

Condition: groovin' HP 1

To tell the truth the whole escapade was more than a little confusing to Rex. They got a new teammate. He went on an exciting mission with them, but, at the end burst into purple sparkles. they all apparently inhaled these sparkles and H4ck, the new guy was hiding in their heads. He caused them all to experience unusual dreams, then the guy from the government (who really DID turn out to be there to help, despite the joke to the contrary) pulled him out of their heads and reassembled him. Now H4ck was in the clinic to recover.

It was good that they would not have to howl for H4ck, but, Rex still found the whole thing baffling. It made his head hurt to try to figure it out. So, he quit trying. He assumed now he could go on patrol, so he left the building and hit the back alleys of Freedom City. That was an activity he could understand. That, and chasing squirrels.

starfoxx70
Zealot
Zealot
Location: Springtucky Ohio [near the land of ink, just on the other side of reality.]

Post by starfoxx70 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:25 am

H.P. = 1
Cond. =

It Tom a few minutes to get into his uniform, and his Luchador mask. He didn’t think it would be good to wear his metal crazy mask. Before he knew it the meeting was over and H4ck was back with them.

Ethan took over telling Magnet to get Hack to medical. Birdie was following them to Medical. Niner had a look of confusion on his face but then headed out somewhere. Tom looked over at Ethan trying to keep a look that this was normal on his face. “Okay if were done here I have some super rich fudge to make so I can learn a language I should have learned back in school. I’ll be either in the kitchen, and after that I’ll be over seeing my Broha and Baby.” Tom was still looking at Ethan incase there was something important said. He didn’t move for several minutes, but after that he was off to his room to get back into his street clothes.

When he came out he went straight to the kitchen and started taking inventory of what was left in there. He needed to know if he had what he needed to make the fudge. A thought went through his head and he hoped that he would be wrong on it, but every time that he fixed his fudge. The people that smelled it wanted to have some and those that did always wanted some when he made it. Then another thought came into his head, could Niner eat it? He was a dog or at least half dog and chocolate was bad for dogs. Would it be bad for him or could he eat it?
All any one can be is the best you that you can be, can anyone Imagine trying to be me?

Ri Gou/ Hong Kong Action
Abaddon / Force OPs

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:52 pm

Once they have made sure that H4ck’s vital signs are as stable as they’re going to get Ethan and Magnus leave Susan with H4ck in the infirmary. Ethan citing needs of the team that needed to be tended to and Magnus saying something about trying to get some more sleep as he is feeling run down given the events of the morning. H4ck doesn’t wake up until a few hours later but he is fine after his ordeal, though he does end up spending the night in the infirmary recovering.

Eventually Rex came back home with a story about a robber he stopped with an interesting power: his beard was alive. Able to lash out like a weapon as well as carry him and his ill-gotten gains with little trouble though he was easily dealt with since like most other criminals Weirdbeard (as Rex called him) was fairly stupid and made many mistakes.

Tom on the other hand came home after being gone for several hours visiting his siblings at Claremont Academy and being taught Pidgin, a sub-dialect of Hawaii. His mood is lighter than it had been earlier in the day but he avoids being around Susan, instead focusing on getting himself something to eat and then retreating to his room.

Eve mostly kept to herself for the rest of the day, though she did spend time trying to relax with watching TV with Utu and listening to Rex’s story when he returned. Laughing the whole time as the story was fairly funny with how the humanized dogman told it.

Vivian handles all the calls from different reporters like a professional, fending off their attempts for bits of information while rebuffing their efforts for interviews. When everything is said and done H4ck is eventually subjected to her “worrisome mother” treatment the others had experienced the day before and she spends the night keeping him company in the infirmary. Making sure he doesn’t get out of bed for anything unless absolutely called for, when he tried she quickly shushes him and goes about getting whatever it was the psychic wanted.

~End of Adventure~

-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:43 pm

Dovetail: Susan West

Time: 11:00 am; Location: Stan’s Super Heroes

“Next thing I know Susie Q, here, is snatching my Beretta from my hip and tossing her rifle into my arms while we’re all just standing there staring at her and she’s rigging a rope to this weak ass looking chimney on the roof that we fought our way to the top of.” Terry nodded an apology to his wife for the cursing as they all sat around the small table eating their sandwiches. Susan was just sitting there blushing as her old marine buddy was telling this story to his 12 and 14 year old sons who were looking at her like she was a god. “Before anybody could say boo and well before the Sarge even noticed what she was doing. She jumped off that fu---“

His wife shot him a look for the language and Susan had to smile at that, when they were in the same unit as one another Terry had the dirtiest damn mouth she had ever encountered. She was glad to see that Christine was trying to break him of that. Terry started again, “Susie jumped off the side of the roof with that rope attached to her belt she ran down the wall of this building to gain some speed so that she could swing across the alley between our building and the one right next to it. The one with the Sniper in the window, that sniper would’ve cut the boys coming up the street to shreds but he couldn’t even see Susie coming.”

Susan took another sip of her drink and looked truly embarrassed as she heard this story being told nearly 8 years after the fact. “Don’t embellish too much Terry.” She warned him with a smile.

“It already sounds impossible why would I want to make too outlandish.” He said with a mischievous smile, “Anyway she busted through the pain of glass of that opened window feet first swinging right in. She shot that sniper square between the eyes mid-swing with the gun in-between her own legs.” Terry’s laugh was heard throughout the tiny sandwich shop filled to the brim with autographed pictures of the cities superheroes. “We have no idea what’s happening in that room, it was the longest 10 seconds of my life I’ll tell you that much, there were gunshots, had to have been hundreds of ‘em of every caliber you could think of. There were a few explosions. White smoke was billowing out of that window and then nothing but silence.” While Terry is telling the story every eye at the table is on Susan as she nods along with it.

“We’re sprinting back down the stairs of the building that we had just cleared trying to get out on the street and into the building that she had went into. Sarge is screaming into the radio to warn off the incoming group of soldiers because we don’t know what the hell is going on and they can still take a licking from whoever is in that room if they’re alive and kicking. As soon as we’re through the front doors of this building we get Susie here on the radio, coughing and wheezing which scared the piss out of me I thought she must’ve been gut shot or something to be sounding like that.” He shook his head and gave Susan the you scared me girl look that he had given her a thousand times before. “She said the room was clear, sniper was removed and she was ready for extraction. It was insane it was like she wasn’t even there.”

Terry looked around the table and was getting ready to spit out the punch line to this big little joke, Susan just shook her head because she knew that it was coming. “We finally work our way through the building up to the rooms that she had cleared all by herself. This apartment was a little warzone, bullet holes everywhere, scorch marks from explosions and what had to be 14 dead bodies littering the floors. Not a one of those boys walked out of there.” He shook his head in an admiring way, “We found Susie Q in one of the back rooms, 6 of the dead in there with her and the place covered wall to wall in a fine sheen of freshly cut Cocaine.” He let out another building shaking laugh. “Including Susie, absolutely covered in it from head to toe propped up in the corner covering the only door into the room with nothing but an empty Berretta in each hand. She had thrown a grenade into that room and the freshly packed coke had just blown up, going everywhere. She was curled up in that corner high out of her mind!”

Susan let Terry laugh as she nodded to his family, they were on vacation in the city and she had agreed to come out and meet them for lunch. The boys were disappointed that she didn’t come in costume. “They were packing about two tons of cocaine in that apartment that was the reason they weren’t leaving. We didn’t have a clue, went in blind.” Susan told them as Terry was trying to recover from the story, “I was a stupid kid at the time and nearly died of an overdose.”

“She was so damned high,” Terry wasn’t even worrying about his language anymore he was so into the story, “When Sarge jumped her about going in alone, which she had a habit of doing, she actually told him that the only reason he was pissed was because he didn’t have the balls to do it himself!”

Susan’s hands covered her face as she tried to hide her embarrassment; Terry kept talking like Terry always did. “That got you locked up for a month right?” Susan held up two fingers, “Two months!” He said with another big laugh.

Susan smiled before she corrected him, “The Beretta’s weren’t empty. I had one bullet left in my offhand gun.” That one sentence silenced all the laughter at the table, she shook her head “Not that I could shoot for shit with my offhand especially after having all that coke blow up in my face.”

Susan visited with the Terry and his family for another hour before she excused herself and they went about their sightseeing. She was on about 12 blocks from the Anders building so she decided hoofing it would be fine. It was nice to see Terry and Christine again, not as awkward as she thought it would be even though they did go out of there way not to mention the situation with James. Hell Terry only called him Sarge the entire time and never once used his name.

Time: 1:00 pm; Location: The Anders Building

Susan had snuck back into the building after her lunch out, she wasn’t actually trying to avoid anyone in particular but she needed to get some sleep before her night out. She wasn’t a young woman anymore and the kids around here seemed to be able to run 24/7 without any rest, she just couldn’t do it anymore. She was able to get to her room for once without having to stop and visit with three or four different people. She quickly killed the lights, bolted the door and turned the radio to some soft tunes that would drown out the sounds that usually filled their home.

Time: 7:00 pm; Location: The Garage of the Anders Building

The garage doors slowly opened up as the Sky-Cycle that Susan had claimed for herself kicked to life. She had attempted to stencil her name behind the seat of the beautiful machine but that had been nixed by Magnus who caught her shacking up the pink can of spray-paint. He was a little over protective when it concerned any machine in the building.

The sun had already sunk below the horizon when Dovetail took off into the night sky, the police scanner playing in her ear as she went out to bust some punks.

Time: 8:30 pm; Location: Alleyway on the Corner of Yeats and Michigan (Southside)

The cheap revolver was knocked from Jimmy’s hand as a razor sharp feather nearly took off his trigger finger. Tommy was already down, a broken arm from a steel baton that came out of nowhere. He still hadn’t laid eyes on whichever caped vigilante was taking them down. He grabbed his hand and ran, abandoning his other comrade to whoever was on to them. A scared yelp and a scream was the last thing he heard from Sid as he cut around a corner and sprinted down the busy city street.

He ran wildly for a few blocks before he melted in with the crowd in a popular bar. He wrapped his hand with some paper from the men’s room and had a quick drink to find his courage again before he headed back out. Confident that he had escaped whatever fate had met his friends. It was just supposed to be a simple heist. The manager of the quickie mart was sick for the past few days and the daily deposits had built up. Patricia, a girl that he had been hooking up with lately was a checker there and she told him about how fat the money bag had gotten. They were just going to knock the manager over the head and take off with the cash. Easy.

The half hour in the bar and the three shots had steadied his hand, he might need stitches though because he still hadn’t stopped bleeding. He took a short cut through an alley back towards Patricia’s place, maybe she had some gauze and he would get a little sympathy sex. Before he could exit the alley though a dark shadow dropped from the building towering over them and there she was. He was startled a second by the pink and white costume but the baton in her hand was clearly the same one that had ruined Tommy’s night.

“Jimmy Highsmith.” Her voice was hard as steel as she straightened back up, “421 Kissenger street. Apartment C Portsmouth building. A shitty efficiency apartment in the basement.” She rattled off his address as he backed up looking for somewhere to run too. “Your friend Sid ratted you out the second I asked. No honor amongst back alley muggers I guess.”

The woman was walking towards him, his eyes having trouble seeing anything in the alley other then the steel baton held so casually in her hand. “Wh—Who are you lady?!” He finally managed to mutter out.

“I’m Dovetail.” She replied before her left hand appeared from underneath her cape and a white disc came spinning from her hand. It impacted with his chest and then he was on the ground with some kind of rope wrapped around him. She drug out into the street and spoke into some communicator in her helmet and before he knew it the police were there to pick him up. She was nowhere to be found though she just disappeared out of the corner of his eye.

Time: 2:30 am; Location: Toys Chinese Takeout and Buffet

“So I tell the guy it wouldn’t happen in his wildest dreams!” Johnny Rocket laughed under his breath as he scraped a little more noodles from the takeout box into his mouth with his chopsticks. The night sky was above them but they couldn’t see the stars with the neon signs covering the roof of the restaurant that they were on.

“Wait a second—“ Susan stopped him as she took another bit of her egg roll, “This is the same guy that becomes Jetstream and tries to make his way into your rogues gallery?” She asked him, it was an interesting story. She and Johnny had met barely an hour before when they both intervened on a group mugging outside of a nearby theater.

Johnny nodded quickly as he scooped up some sesame chicken, “Yeah. I turn the guy down for a date and a few months later he’s wearing a multi-million dollar power suit and trying to get my attention by blowing shit up! It was insane but at least he was committed.”

“If that’s the kind of commitment you’re looking for…” Susan said with a laugh.

“No I’m serious after me and Pseudo finally took him down he was committed to the insane asylum apparently he had some kind of major chemical imbalance or something.” Johnny shook his head as Susan just stared at him for a second before breaking into a fit of laughter, she hadn’t laughed this much for years.

Finally she was able to take a sip of soda from the fountain drink that had come with their meals. They were bother sitting on the roof, leaning against the sky-cycle and focusing on their meals. The police scanner on the bike turned off as they relaxed for awhile.

“You like the whole Force-Ops thing?” Johnny asked as she reached across her to grab a box of dumplings, “I mean you’re getting paid to do the hero thing and all. Not a lot of us get that.”

Susan nodded as she knew where this line of questioning was going, she finished off an eggroll and grabbed the low mien. “It was hard to find work when my identity became public.” She chewed down some noodles and swallowed, “It’s either this or starve. It’s not too bad though, you get some shit like the other day with worth. But I put up with crap I didn’t want to do in the military too. Keller’s alright and for the most part we do good work.”

Johnny nodded as he tossed a dumpling into the air and then caught it in his mouth. “You get to patrol solo?”

She nodded as she grabbed two dumplings from the box in his hands and tossed them both in the air at the same time, her head moving like lighting to catch them both in her mouth, “Oh yeah, when we’re not an assigned mission we pretty much get to do what we please. You looking to jump ship? Join up with another company?” She asked him playfully.

Johnny laughed and shook his head, “Nah, I’m fine with the Freedom League. We have a satellite.”

They visited for another hour and then parted ways before Susan headed back to the Anders building to get a few hours before the kids got up in the morning.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:19 pm

K-9

Monsters-

Freedom City was a place of manifest diversity. Force Ops based itself in the towering edifice which was the Anders building. The Star Squad was housed in an ugly, concrete structure that looked like a military bunker. The first was the base of super-heroes. Polished. Admired. A bright, shining symbol of the pantheons of neo-deities that stood guard over mankind's hopes and dreams. The second was a bastion of human heroes, who sought to protect themselves. Hardbitten men and women, fearless and defiant, refusing to back down to the demons others left to the neo-deities...the super-heroes, to fight. Beneath the gaze of both lay another level.

Rex, the primal hero, had joined that shining echelon of neo-gods. Before his transformation, he had belonged in the concrete bunker. What he never forgot though, was between Police Dog and celebrated savior, the hero K-9 was born on that other, lowest level. The level society tried to ignore. It was a civilization of homelessness, hopelessness and addiction. the dirty, downtrodden and forgotten.

Tonight K-9 was coming home. Tonight, the reasonable, curious, playful, evolved dog slipped to the back of his mind. Tonight the beast was loose. Tonight, pimps did not slap around their whores. Drunks did not get rolled. Tonight the gang punks called a truce. Tonight, the uninterested called the police, because the sirens were preferable to the howls.

K-9 ignored the effect his return had on the neighborhood. He had a specific destination in mind. A mysterious message at the Anders Building had pulled amiable Rex away from his brand new copy of "Godzilla Vs Rodan". A mysterious message that brought the were-beast stalking into the kitchen of "Fontana's Italian Deli". Tony Fontana nearly jumped out of his skin when K-9 stalked through his door.

"You call for me. K-9 comes." the bestial hero growled.

"Yeah." Tony was a balding, heavy man with a thick moustache and hard eyes. he'd faced down robbers, crooked cops and the mob. The beast in his kitchen made him sweat. "In my office."

Entering, K-9 saw Pudge sitting on a stool, playing with the sleeve of his filthy, layered clothes. Pudge was a street kid. A runaway and meth addict. A strawberry twink to support his habit. K-9 had always felt sorry for the baby faced gutter child, knowing his would be a short, sad life.

"I know you're all important an' everything now, but, I didn't know who else to call." The youth was shaking, on the verge of tears.

"K-9 always come when his people call. What Pudge need?"

"They got them all."

"Who got them? Who them?"

"Widget, Kitty, Baked Bill, Slug Bug, Lips...all of them!" Pudge's voice quavered as he listed the street kids who squatted in the same abandoned warehouse as he.

K-9 could feel the rage building in him, With an effort, he spoke. "Who got?"

"The Yellow Sign!" Pudge sobbed, completely breaking down.

K-9 didn't know who, or what, the Yellow Sign was, but, his pups were in danger. That was all that mattered. Without questioning Pudge any more, he dashed out into the alleys. From the warehouse, he picked up the trail. A small group of humans, herded along by something...alien. He followed the trail into a burned out church, then into the catacombs beneath. It wasn't long until he heard a sibilant, hissing chant.

From the landing above, he saw the pups chained at the points of a pentacle star, though he could not have identified it as such. Surrounding them, was a band of spindly, reptilian humanoids. In the center of the star, a robed reptile man incanted, a blood soaked obsidian blade in it's hand. It was at that moment K-9 noticed the blood pooled around Baked Bill and Lips.

The chamber shook with the force of the howl of rage. The lizard things looked up and froze. Alien as they were, this monster froze them with fear. Fangs. Claws. Blazing, mad eyes. Then he was among them, claws and teeth rending them limb from limb in a bloody spray. the survivng creatures panicked and ran.

Slashing through the remaining chains with claws harder than tempered steel, K-9 growled at his remaining pups. "You run! Now!"

"No!" The robed priest hissed as the feral hero spun to face him. Behind him Rex could hear Kitty, Widget and Slug Bug scrambling to safety.

"NO!" The priest hissed again, and his body erupted from his robes. The clothes tore away, as the reptile became monstrously huge. Flame licked from the corners of its' mouth. Facing off, both beasts roared their hatred and charged. The collision rocked the cavern. The battle was short, but, of such violence, the gutted church collapsed, just as the kids stumbled to safety.

After it was all over, a triumphant howl echoed through the night.

Vivian was shocked at K-9's appearance when he came dragging in the next morning. Scraped. Bitten. Fur smoldering, and looking....for lack of a better term, dog tired.

"Ummm...good morning Rex." She said hesitantly. "You know you left a movie in the player?"

"Urr." K-9 grunted. "Put away please. K-9 sees enough Godzilla this week." and he stumbled to bed.

The end

starfoxx70
Zealot
Zealot

Post by starfoxx70 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:36 am

H.P. = 1
Cond. =

Tom had the stuff to make his super-rich fudge. His secret ingredient was Hershey candy bars melted into the fudge. It had taken him sometime to get out of the store with his skin. The store owner was a good Jewish woman and she knew that Tom was a “good” Jewish boy from Hawaii. So she saw it as her duty to try and set Tom up with one of her daughters. It took a lot of fast talking and a very charming smile to get out of there alive. Tom thought to himself that he would rather put up with Dovetail on a bad day than try and do that again. But he would have to, the store was close by and they had some very cheap prices. The stuff was good stuff but it wouldn’t cost Tom an arm and leg to keep him fed.

As Tom came back to the Building, the Doorman said his hello and ask what Tom was up to.

“Nothing much, just going to make some fudge and needed the candy bars.”

“Candy Bars?”

“Yeah, I’ll give you some when its done. You’ll love it, but I have to warn you that it is very rich and just looking at it will add at least 5lbs. To you.”

With that Tom was in the building and walking across to the kitchen. His plan was to make two batches of Fudge. One that would be for him and family. The other would be for the team. He might be made at them but he couldn’t think of a better revenge than Birdie and Sparky eating the fudge and then complaining about the weight they had gained. It took Tom almost an hour to make the 5 lbs of Fudge. He had to run Vivian out of the kitchen, but what had caught him off guard was having to run Ethan out. He had promised both of them they could have some after it was done. It took him about two hours to make the fudge and it would take another two or three hours for the fudge to settle. When an hour had passed. Tom took and put the fudge in the frig. Help it settle faster.

Tom took this time to reload his backup MP3. About every thirty minutes, Tom would go over and check on the fudge with a tooth pick. When it was done, Tom took the second pan of fudge out and cut it into half inch squares. He left it on the counter, then he went to the first pan and did the same thing. With that he went back and put up his music. He carefully removed the fudge from the first pan and put it in to two large Glad containers.

He went over to the Claremont school, it was just as hard to get in there as it was to get onto the Force Ops floors. He had to wait at the gates until what he thought was one of the teachers to lead him in. Of course they wanted to know why he was there and how long he would be there. Tom thought about lying but went with the truth and told them that he needed Baby and Brah to reteach him a language that he should have learned back in high school. The teacher smiled and told him that it would be up to them if they said yes or no. Now it was Tom turn to smile.

When he finally met up with his sister and brother, he told them what he wanted. Baby said no at first, well that was until Tom played his ace and showed the fudge. Brah said he would, but Tom wanted Baby to do the teaching cause she had the higher grades out of all of them. Baby told him she would but it would cost him the Fudge and he had to cook for all of the students. A teacher literally popped out of no where and asked if Tom could cook. All three of them smiled, but it was Brah that handed one piece of the fudge to the teacher. That was all it took and Tom was allowed to cook one meal.

The siblings moved down to the kitchen, it was here that Baby took over and started the reteaching Tom Bird. Baby would pick something up and Tom hand to say that items name in Bird. Brah got into the act and started picking up items also and Tom struggled to name the items. This went on while Tom was trying to fix dinner for the whole school. That meant students and teachers. Tom went about looking what was there and started fixing a really big thing of Chili, he decided that he would have rice just incase some one besides his siblings liked to have chili over rice. If not then he would have grilled cheese sandwiches ready. Baby went and got a picture book and had Tom start naming the items in the book. When Tom got something wrong, Baby would tap Tom with a force bolt. Okay it felt like a tap to Tom, for some one else it would have flattened them. Tom was trying to cook, learn a language, have a conversation with both siblings, while his sister was firing off force bolts. It was about the time that dinner was done when Tom thought about everything that was going on and broke down and started laughing. Brah had been laughing on and off, when he wasn’t showing Tom a picture that was either very hard to say in Bird or didn’t have a name. He started laughing and to some one just walking in, it would sound like Tom had gone completely insane. It was at this point that Baby and Brah jumped onto Tom and started tickling. Tom couldn’t do anything but laugh louder. He thought a teacher walked in, but if they had they didn’t do anything but leave the sibling to work things out.

It was several hours later and Tom was serving the chili over rice to those who wanted it that way and everyone got at least one grilled cheese sandwich. After dinner Baby took Tom outside and the lesson continued. Brah didn’t come with them this time but had something to do with teaching a guy named Sloth a lesson about being a bully.

It was late into the night before he got back to the Ander’s building. Tom was in a great mode and everything that had happen over the last two or three days had melted away. Tom went to his room grabbed his laptop. He loaded up his favorite game LOD, kicked on his music, and finally turned a movie. He found a monster movie in the DVD player. He played well until the morning sun came up, but he didn’t feel the least bit sleepy. Half way through he had switched the game off and looked up a site to help him relearn Pidgin. Tom thought about making another big breakfast but there was still a lot left from yesterday, so he went about reheating it. He added a few thing to the leftovers to make them as good as they were the day before. He waited for Dove and the rest to come “home”.

Ri Gou/ Hong Kong Action
Abaddon / Force OPs

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EPIC » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Livewire
HP: 1
CND: Fine

Eve reclines on the roof of the Anders building, reflecting over the last little while of her life since she came to Freedom City and started being a super hero.

She'd just been a secretary who was in the right place at the right time with the right kind of neural activity for Stratos' device to affect her the way it did. She had been on medication for the over active neuro electricity, because it made her over active, difficult to concentrate. Apparently, if NOT for that overactive neuro electricity, she could have died instead of becoming a super charged electric heroine.

It was a pretty big coincidence, but it couldn't have happened to anyone else the same way, and then meeting Captain Thunder in person had been an extra bonus treat, after being hit by a lightning bolt and all. He'd come to see her in the hospital, explain what had happened, and what the doctors predicted were the reasons for why she didn't get atomized. Granted, she could never go swimming again, or go into the water at the beach without having the energy flowing through her violently ripped out as it followed the path of least resistance into the water.

But the bright side was she had super powers, something she'd dreamed of since she was a little girl, though in her dreams she could fly and had super strength, but beggars couldn't be choosers, and the powers she did get gave her something in common with her idol, Captain Thunder.

After recovering from the hospital, she learned Captain Thunder had recommended her for a new super group that was forming in Freedom City. It had meant moving, but for a girl who dreamed of being a super hero, it was easy to pack up and leave the few roots she had behind, though she still wrote to her mother each week. And so she came to join the new FORCE ops team as their least experienced member.

It was kind of a rocky start with that incident with Silver Streak leaving, and La Rana getting hurt when fighting that league or chaos, or 'league of cats' as K-9 coined them. And even during their last team mission with Utu going overboard, Thomas threatening to send a guy into orbit, and their newest teammate already getting put into a sort of psychic unraveling coma sort of thing, but at least he was okay now.

All things considered though, Eve had gotten praised both times for doing a good job, and not getting anyone hurt by being too reckless. Her lessons with Susan helped. The older female teammate was teaching her how to approach situations properly to minimize the threat, especially where bystanders were involved. Eve was starting to feel like she really could be a super hero that everyone would know about. Now if only Tom would stop roaming around in that mankini thong she could stop having nightmares.

Watching the sun set, Eve decided it was time to go back inside and watch some TV, wrestling the remote away from one of her teammates. No, that was entirely right she though as she smirks as the playful wrestling for the remote. These people felt like more....like family. Even Tom in his mankini thong, though that thought made her shudder mentally.

She'd continue to do her best and learn as much as she could so she could make herself known as a worthy superhero that would make her family, and her extended family here, proud. Now if only she could somehow indirectly convince Tom to wear boxers or something...

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:23 pm

Warshade

YOU SHOULDN'T BE GOING OFF ALONE ELIZABETH

The voice sounded loud in her mind but Liz had gotten used to it. Even if it wouldn't call her Liz like she had asked about a thousand times. "Pfft. Come on, Tu. They cleared the building hours ago. What could happen?" She could talk back in her head but when they were alone she spoke out loud. It helped her reinforce her individuality. "And it gives me a chance to do something without Vezini holding my hand."

VEZINI HAS BEEN A GREAT HELP TO US

"I know, but they barely even let me out of the lab. How am I supposed to get experience like that? Besides, we're only going a room over."

Liz was part of the cleanup crew combing over a Foundry warehouse that had been shut down yesterday. Despite heavy training, she'd only been allowed out in the field a handful of times during her "internship" with AEGIS. And never before wherever they were going was completely checked out.

The room she was in now looked like it had been used only for storage and not very often. She pulled out her scanner and swept it around the room slowly. It was definitely the coolest thing she'd ever built. Many police departments didn't have the analysis capabilities that she could carry in her hip pouch.

Suddenly, the scanner beeped and she almost dropped it. Off in the corner, no behind the corner, there was an energy signature. That definitely wasn't in the briefing. She started off towards the corner, staring at the scanner.

YOU SHOULD CALL VEZINI.

"I will. Just as soon as I see what it is."

ELIZABETH

"Just a sec. I wanna make sure there's something to report."

She was at the wall now. It seemed nondescript enough. No wonder nobody had noticed. She shined the flashlight over it and saw a shadow where there shouldn't be one. She reached out to touch it. Too fast for Ni'Tu to complain. A piece of the wall slid back a couple inches and then over, creating a doorway. Shining her light inside, it looked like the room was empty. So where was the energy source? She pressed a button on her wrist, activating her commlink.

"Vezini, this is Spengler. I got a secret room here. Looks empty. I'm gonna check it out."

"Wait for backup, Spengler. Where are you?"

"Next room over from you. Don't worry. It's empty. Catch up when you can." Even as she spoke, Liz was walking into the room, looking around. The readings on her scanner showed that the energy source was beyond even this room. So there must be yet another secret door. She headed for the center of the room to do another 360 degree scan.

ELIZABETH LOOK OUT!

The warning rang into her head, but it was too late. Her foot touched a panel in the floor and it depressed slightly. "Uh-oh." The door in the corner behind her slammed back into its closed position and panels in the wall on either side of the door started to open. Eyes glowing purple, Liz just barely got her Nictus Shield up in time before the hidden weapons started firing. She was caught in a crossfire designed to come from behind whoever had entered the room from that door. Fortunately, whatever energy the weapons were using seemed to mostly glance off her shield, but a couple of solid hits definitely weakened it. She started to move but another warning sounded in her mind.

DON'T MOVE. THE PLATE MIGHT BE RIGGED TO EXPLODE.

"Great." Her comm was blasting as well but she didn't have time to answer it. She dropped her scanner and released a blast of deep purple energy at each of the weapons. That stopped the shooting but she still had to deal with the floor plate. Liz picked up her scanner and pointed it at the floor. "Yep, definitely something under there. Looks like a bomb."

BEHIND YOU!

Liz spun, careful not to move her left foot, and saw another door opening in the corner opposite the first. Three mean looking robots emerged from it and stopped to confront her. "Identify" all three of them commanded. "Uhhhh..." "Identify" they repeated. "Crap." "Invalid response."

They started to move on her and she blasted the center one, making a fist sized hole in its torso. Then the other two were on her, grabbing at her. If they moved her, it would be all over. She shoved her palm into the chest of one, and a burst of energy sent it flying against the wall. Then she grabbed at the other and a dark energy flowed over it. A second later, the energy collapsed, crushing it into a clump of scrap metal.

Liz turned back to the robot she had repelled to see it charging once again. The glow in her eyes intensified and blasted out, taking its head off at the last second. She pivoted quickly and the body stumbled by her to crash into the far wall. Breathing heavily, she finally managed to pay attention to the comm.

"Spengler report! ... Spengler! ... Liz! What's going on?"

"Hang on... gotta catch my breath... just a sec..." Liz looked around to make sure nothing else was coming. "OK. I went into the secret room and stepped on a switch that activated some guns. They were shooting some kind of energy but it wasn't very strong. Probably a low powered laser. Though the shot pattern seemed a little more varied than you'd expect from a laser. Maybe it was some kind of charged ion beam. I hope the guns aren't too-"

"Liz!! Nevermind that. What else?" She could hear sounds approaching from the entry door. It was probably Vezini's team.

"Oh right. Well then some robots came and asked for identification, which I obviously don't have, so they attacked. They didn't seem to be armed. Which was weird. But they were pretty strong. I think they were just trying to blow me up by pushing me off the floor switch."

"And why would pushing you off a floor switch blow you up?" People were definitely knocking on the wall now. Probably trying to find the trigger for the door.

"Oh! Because it's connected to a bomb. I think it was part of their security procedure. Use the guns and let the body hold the floor switch so they can clean up. If the guns don't work, send the robots. They don't care if the robots get blown up because they're cheap, being unarmed. Though I don't get why they were asking for ID-"

"Liz!! You're standing on a bomb?" She must have missed the door opening because that didn't come over the comm. Vezini was standing in the doorway with most of the team behind him.

"Yeah. I said that already didn't I? Oh, right. I still have to disarm it." She looked down at the panel, trying to figure out what to do.

"Wait!" Vezini looked back for a second. "Clear out. Back out the next door... Now Liz-" But it was too late.

Oblivious to the action a dozen feet away, Liz's eyes glowed and a focused beam of energy shot out, carving a cutout into the panel. It fell in and she shined her flashlight inside. "Oh! I've seen one of these before." She started to reach into the floor.

ELIZABETH WAIT

"What?"

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING AND THAT'S NOT WHAT IT IS. THERE ARE THREE MORE WIRES ON THIS ONE

"Oh! You're right." By this time, Vezini was at her side and he grabbed her hand, yanking it out of the hole.

"Put the light down there." Vezini looked in, thought for a couple of seconds, pushed a couple wires around and then grabbed a handful of them and yanked. There was a brief flash of light and then nothing. All that was left were three green wires. "The extra wires are decoys. If you pull any of them before the bomb is dismantled, it blows. You can step off now. It won't go off unless those wires are cut. We'll let the bomb team take it the rest of the way."

"Oh good. So we can check out the rest of this-"

"No. You're going back to base."

"But-"

"No buts. You're through for today. Come on." Vezini led her back to their staging area, collecting the rest of the team on the way. "Take five, guys. Then get back to what you were doing. Nobody goes into the new area. We're going to need a tactical team to clear it first. There's no telling what else is in there."

Liz sat down on a crate and tried not to pout. Vezini gave her a couple of minutes to stew and then walked over. "That was dumb, Spengler. And you know it."

"Yeah. I know. Sorry." Liz looked at the floor.

"But you did a good job finding that place and not getting killed. Seems you've been paying more attention to your combat training than your procedures."

Liz smiled. "Thanks. Ni'Tu helped." Her eyes flashed purple for a second. It was his way of showing agreement to what she said.

"Tell you what, Spengler. Let's go get a couple scans of those guns and robots so you have something to do while you're confined to quarters for the rest of the day."

"OK!" She jumped up and started walking before slowing down to let Vezini lead the way.

YOU HEARD THE PART ABOUT CONFINED TO QUARTERS RIGHT?

"Huh? Oh yeah. But with those scans, I wouldn't be going anywhere anyway. There's always something new to see with Foundry stuff."

WONDERFUL

"Oh don't worry. I'll sit by the TV and leave it on."

BUT IT'S WEDNESDAY. THERE'S NOTHING ON WEDNESDAYS...
Last edited by Shock on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Freedom City, late September, 2008:

He hated doing paperwork, it was something he definitely hadn’t seen himself doing twenty some years ago when he went out for that first night solo. Nowadays it seemed that there was always some thing that needed his attention that related to paperwork…..filling out something, making phone calls, going to or having meetings, making arrangements for the dealmakers to travel wherever. It was much less thrilling than his life had been all those years ago.

This was what was going through Ethan Keller’s mind as he sat behind his desk, holding the phone to his ear as he waited for FCPD to take him off hold. With his free hand he was playing with a dart he’d not thrown yet, the other two were already sunken into the target board he kept across the room, hidden or revealed at the push of a button on his desk. With a quiet sigh he brought back his arm and quickly brought it forward as he released the dart. As it struck the target board, just above the center ring of the twenty mark, the phone line clicked quickly indicating that he was finally being taken off hold. Ethan shook his head, he never was any good with darts it was why he stuck with arrows.

“Mr. Keller?” The voice asked.

“Yes, I’m still here Detective.” Ethan quickly answered.

“I’m sorry about that, I had to go chase down the paperwork you’d faxed but it looks like it’s all here.” There’s a pause and the sound of something being drank comes over the line.

“No I figured I‘d waste my time, your time as well as the cost of me faxing just a random bunch of papers to you.” Ethan found himself suddenly wishing he had another dart in his hand. “Well if there’s not anything else I do have other things that need to be taken care of, good day Detective.” Ethan was already hanging the phone up before the man on the other end of the line could respond.

He looked over the different papers on his desk: the pages that were the subject of his phone call, his reports about the team’s actions during the parade as well as the usual assortment of memos and reports from the other agents of Pinpoint Security had sent to him concerning their assignments from across the country. At least there wasn’t anything surprising there: a couple comments about how certain clients needed to realize the agents weren’t personal assistants with letters from those clients complaining about how the agents weren‘t performing their duties to their liking, along with letters from some of the other clients who were very pleased with the work of his men and women that included bonus payments.

Ethan spent the next couple hours going over the reports and calling his people, getting a few questions he’d come up with answered when a knock on his door brought his attention back to his office. He knew it wasn’t Vivian, she’d have used the intercom, without looking up from the latest report he answered, “Enter.”

When Magnus opened the door Ethan looked up from the papers in his hands. The younger man looked like hell warmed over almost, his hair was a mess and his face showed signs of a serious lack of sleep. “Have a seat Mark, what‘s on your mind?”

“I need to take a leave from the team Ethan.” Mark’s voice sounded as tired as he looked.

“Do you mind my asking why Mark?” Ethan sat the papers he’d been reading down on the desktop. “Has something come up in your personal life?”

Mark rubbed his eyes for a moment before he answered and Ethan noticed that his eyes were bloodshot as well when he finally pulled his fingers out of his sockets. “You could say that….look, I know that H4ck pulled himself out of our minds a couple days ago but I’m still having that dream about when he first manifested his powers. Do you know what it’s like to feel your body break down into energy? To feel each microscopic part of your anatomy pull itself apart as it’s atomic weight shifts? Trust me it’s #$%&ing horrible. And I’ve been dreaming that and waking up at 4:45 am every morning since the last mission. I‘m lucky if I can get three hours sleep at this point because I‘m starting to be afraid of falling asleep so I‘ve been spending most that time in the lab trying to come up with a way to keep me from dreaming but I‘m only human.”

It was one of the few times Ethan didn’t have an anything to say immediately, it took him a moment to process what he’d been told. “Mark, I’m sorry. What can I do to help?”

“Honestly? Not much, I‘ve already called a friend of mine that works at the Albright Institute. He tells me there‘s a couple things they could do for me, but I‘d have to stay there for treatment. It won‘t cost anything since it‘s a chance for them to study the effects of psionics in someone who isn‘t an esper but because of that they want to be able to study me for any side effects of the treatments they‘d be doing.”

Ethan nodded as he listened to Mark. “Not a problem if you need anything don’t hesitate to get in touch with me, anything at all. It’s the least I could do for since you’ve held up your end of our deal. Once you get this straightened out you know you’re welcome to come back to us without question.”

Mark ran his hands through his hair again and exhaled a long breath. “Maybe, I don‘t know right now Ethan.”

Again Ethan nodded his head and rose up out of his seat with a hand extended. “Fair enough, just remember we’re here if you need us.”

Mark stood as well and took the offered hand, giving it a couple firm shakes as he spoke. “I‘ll keep that in mind, but it‘s time for me to get packed and going. I told my friend I‘d be there by tonight.”

“Alright Mark, I won’t hold you up anymore. Have a safe flight.” Ethan tried to give a friendly smile but he doubted Mark even noticed it with how he moved straight for the door after he’d finished shaking hands.

Once Mark had left Ethan sat back down and sighed again, now he had to fill another slot on the team. If things kept going like this there’d be a new member every month….not the way he wanted the team to be. Somehow it hadn't seemed to be this difficult back in the 80s he thought to himself as he picked up the phone and dialed a phone number followed by an extension number. The number didn‘t ring more than twice before being answered. “Agent Vezini? Ethan Keller here, it looks like I’ve got another opening and I thought I’d see if Elizabeth Spengler would still be interested in that offer you passed along to her.”

Twenty minutes later Ethan hung up the phone, that was one problem dealt with for the day. He knew he should probably call Austin but that could wait until tomorrow, right now Ethan just wanted to relax for a bit. He smiled slightly at the thought of what was hidden away in his one desk drawer, a bit of that fudge he’d snuck from one of Tom’s batches, maybe he’d have to break some of it out. He was trying to quit smoking cigars as it was and maybe that would help, he'd just make sure to hit the gym a bit harder the next couple visits.

After all it was just another day in the life of Ethan Keller.

-- Chiun

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:54 pm

H4ck

02:00-06:00.
H4ck stared at the ceiling for a while before looking back to Dovetail as she slept in her chair a few feet from his bed That was a close one... almost didn't make it... he notes Susan's hair falling over her eyes and has a brief memory which makes him cringe as he pushes it away and stares at the ceiling again, he stays that way until Susan wakes and Vivian comes in to check on him. H4ck keeps his answers positive and short about what happened and how he is feeling, chuckling to no end as Vivian tries to help him like a mother hen, it was cute really.

12:00.
After she brought up lunch H4ck excuses Vivian so he can take a shower and eat, turning down her offer to get one of the guys on the team to join him to make sure he is ok and doesn't fall in the shower.
The main reason he asked her to leave was because he felt... different. Lighter maybe, like if he wanted to he could jump out the window and fly. And as tempting as that idea was, last he checked he couldn't and wasn't going to take a 16 story swan-dive to test a very flimsy theory... He was however going to take that shower and run through the basic lessons TK had taught him back when he first joined with his old team, breathing and concentrating mainly with some light working out to help blood flow... at least it would if he still had blood... H4ck sighed as he thought about what he was now, had been for a while now, but a memory of Stonehenge got him smiling again.
After his workout, exercises and shower he was feeling better though the feeling of being lighter still lingered. He began to think of the gym/workout center on the floor a few flights above him while he finished dressing in his uniform Wha I really need is a real workou... H4ck didn't finish the thought as he now stood in the middle of the gym. "Wha the he..." H4ck stood for a moment and thought on what had happened moments before suddenly appearing in the gym, a smile played on his lips then began concentrating on his room, he closed his eyes and mentally pictured his bed and nightstand while reaching out with his hand... finding it touching the lamp that sat on his nightstand H4ck opened his eyes and chuckled to himself.
"Well now this is new... I... heh I wonder how far I kin go...." he said aloud as he began concentrating on his old base, his old room, the ugly as sin closet each member had... almost as if he could touch it... H4ck opened his eyes after touching a wall to find... still in the Ander's Building... "So neh across the world, good te know. 'm going te need te find out how far I -can- go sometime soon though..." H4ck closed his eyes again and reopened them in the Gym with a smile as he started to run through his other workout, flicking his wrists to form dual tonfa's in his hands.

13:00.
'm going te ask Ethan if they kin get some training dummies out here tha me weapons don't jus pass through...heh he thought to himself then stopped his exercise when he remembered he was supposed to still be in the infirmary...
neh a problem, I kin jus pop back in here... he started trying to remember the room he was in the bed and closed his eyes... to find himself still in the gym a moment later. ...So I take it I need to have been there often... great, 've turned inte Hayden Christensen in his bad remake o'a good book H4ck chuckles and walks down to the infirmary, trying to dodge anyone seeing him.

13:30.
"Aye Ms. Vivian, 'm really neh needin te be checked up on, see? 'm fine now, jus a wee bit o'cobwebs I had te clear out." he smiles as he leads Vivian out of the room while walking out himself.

14:00.
A note is attached to the Gym doors "I'm practicing getting my mental form down, not pushing myself so no need to worry if ye see me looking all glow-y."

Inside the gym, H4ck is full on purple/maroon glow, motes of energy floating off the tops of his shoulders and his head. He was slowly going through a simple martial art kata that Lee had taught him, focusing on keeping himself from coming apart while at the same time focusing on him not being fully formed, if he had sweat glands he would probably be sweating from concentration.

16:00.
After another shower H4ck heads out into town to see some of the sights he had passed over when he first arrived. The library, theaters, local banks... That got him thinking about his status in the US, could he get a bank account? He'd ask Ethan about that sometime later.

18:00.
H4ck was a good halfway across town when he decided to head home. "hmm... well this is good chance te see how far I can 'jump'..." he looked up at a roof and was up there in a second. From up on the roof he could see the tower in the distance "A good, wha, 35-40 kilometers?" he closed his eyes and began to breathe deeply and thought of the lamp next to his bed. The image was slightly fuzzy.. as if looking through murky water... he concentrated on clearing the image, slowly pulling it into focus. H4ck felt something touch his hand and he opened his eyes to find himself in his room! He felt a wave of joy for a second before a wave of dizziness forced him to sit down "Right then. Long distance=Dizzy. Do neh try te get inte combat doing this..." he laid down on the bed and stretched "Now then... if I kin only go te places 'm familiar with..." he gets up and starts his rounds.

20:00.
H4ck finishes in the TV room, touching a plant in the back of the room and committing to his memory the feel of it, Ethan and his crew weren't giving knock-offs either it was good to see they had real live plants and not plastic ones.
"Me room, infirmary, library..." he starts ticking off on his fingers "Gym, TV room, showers, roof... aye I thin I got all the places 'll be needin te get to..." H4ck nodded to himself while walking from the room, passing by the kitchen he spied some fudge on the counter and chuckled to himself "Wish I still had an appetite. Seems like there is always food here."

22:00.
The note is back up on the gym doors. Glowing purple can be seen under the doors.

00:00.
H4ck is taking his last shower for the day when the thought comes to mind I wonder if anyone else is awake?...

02:00-06:00.
H4ck stared at the ceiling for a while before looking to the clock "I need te get a bloody hobby..."
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Freedom City, Late September, 2008:

In the weeks following the assignment at the parade the press had many things to say about FORCE Ops, most of which weren't the nicest possible things but in the end they did give you credit for stopping the menace White Knight posed to the protesters as well as the revaltion of Professor Worth having powers of his own that he used to bring about the attacks on his group during previous rallies they'd held in other cities. Overall he has much to answer for in several other states, the least of which were civil cases for injuries and pain & suffering and in some cases reckless endangerment for some of deaths that had occured as well. In short Professor Worth was going to be spending the next several years of his life in court as well as jail if some of the rumors were to be believed.

Though the press has lightened up on you somewhat as you've all been fairly busy with your own interests around Freedom City. Between those exploits (Dovetail's efforts to keep tabs on the Skidz and patrols by herself and those with Livewire that mostly deal with the gangs in the Fens, to K9's efforts to work his "beat" that puts him at odds with an unusual assortment of criminals), and the team mission to bodyguard that young singing sensation Christina Spears and ended up you dealing with the Thieves' Guild (as the Huckster thought for some reason she'd agree to be a celebrety spokes-girl for his GO! Johnny line).

Magnus ended up having to take a medical leave from the team due to an unforseen side effect of H4ck's inserting part of his concessness in the minds of the rest of the team. Though Ethan was sorry to see him leave, within a day his replacement was at the Anders Building: Liz Spengler a.k.a Warshade, a former AEGIS trainee. Her first mission with FORCE Ops was the one involving the Thieves' Guild, and it was her ability to track the energy signal generated by Huckster's devices that allowed the group to track the Guild back to their base before anything could happen to the young pop sensation.

The following week the team became involved in stopping a fight between Scrounge and his goons and the Power Corps. It seems that Scrounge had somehow discovered one of the Power Corps secret stashes of gear and helped himself to it: parting out various bits of their power suits to his own men. Needless to say most of FORCE Ops efforts were spent on keep the civilian injuries as low as possible as the two criminal gangs ran throughout the city blasting away at one another with lasers and such, though Abaddon did manage to deal with Number 3 and Number 7 fairly effectively (ie: ripping out the power supply in their suits which left them trapped inside them) while Livewire was able to disable the fractured suits Scrounge and his men were using by overloading their circuits. In the end though Ethan was pleased with everyone's efforts as that situation had been out of the blue, the fight between the two factions in the streets of the city simply begining without warning and the team had to respond with almost no information.

Of course in between all that there are the usual sessions run by Ethan covering the various super criminals of Freedom City, the team training sessions and the small group training, for when only two to three members might be seperated from the rest of the team. But today is the start of a new day, Ethan had said that it was an off day from the profiling he normally subjected everyone to on an almost daily basis. He'd said everyone deserved "a day off to relax." and left you to your designs.

OOC wrote:It's morning time, when are you waking up & what are you doing with your day off?

-- Chiun